Friday, March 02, 2007

Duelo de Pasiones-Theme “Soy Insensible a ti” translation

Yes it is a snow day here in Minneapolis. I just had take a crack at translating this song. Anyone with a better translation feel free to jump in.


Intérprete: Alicia Villarreal


Ya no voy a esconderme de ti,

para ocultar mis sentimientos,

ya no quiero llorar a escondidas callando el amor,

que por él yo siento.


Ahora es tiempo de que te enteres,

las cosas que suceden cuando tu te vas.

Ya no voy a fingir el amor que en verdad,

ya no siento,

tantas veces lloré de sentirme tan débil, tan sola,

viví un tormento.

Ya no pusiste fuego a la hoguera,

ahora soy fría a tus caricias,

soy insensible a ti.

Me has engañado muchas veces,

tantas veces de las que no me puedo imaginar,

me has mentido, tantas veces,

que ya no puedo seguir ocultado la verdad.

Un duelo de pasiones es lo que he vivido,

pero callarlo ya no puedo,

porque contigo estoy en cero, y él me pone a mi.

Soy insensible a ti.

Ya no voy a fingir el amor que en verdad,

ya no siento,

tantas veces lloré de sentirme tan débil, tan sola,

viví un tormento.

Ya no pusiste fuego a la hoguera,

ahora soy fría a tus caricias,

soy insensible a ti.

Me has engañado muchas veces,

tantas veces de las que no me puedo imaginar,

me has mentido, tantas veces,

que ya no puedo seguir ocultado la verdad.

Un duelo de pasiones es lo que he vivido,

pero callarlo ya no puedo,

porque contigo estoy en celo, y él me pone a mi.

Me has engañado muchas veces,

tantas veces de las que no me puedo imaginar,

me has mentido, tantas veces,

que ya no puedo seguir ocultado la verdad.

Un duelo de pasiones es lo que he vivido,

pero callarlo ya no puedo,

porque contigo estoy en celo, y él me pone a mi.

Soy insensible a ti.

Insensible a ti, él me pone a mil.

Soy insensible a ti.


Sung by Alicia Villarreal



I will no longer hide myself from you

To hide my feelings

I will no longer want to cry in secret silencing the love that I feel for him


Now it's time that you know

What happens when you leave


I will no longer pretend the love that truly,

I no longer feel

So many times I cried, feeling weak and so alone, I lived in torment


You no longer light the fire in the hearth

I am cold to your caresses

I feel nothing for you


You have fooled me many times

So many times that now I can't even think of them

You have lied to me so many times

That now I can no longer continue covering up the truth


A duel of passions is what I have lived

But quieting it, I can no longer do

Because with you I am nowhere, and he puts me back to me.


I no longer have feelings for you.


(Repeats from third stanza)


Labels:


Comments:
Here's what I came up with a few weeks ago:
Trying to translate

It's pretty much the same as yours. Lynn and I have been discussing how to translate the title. I think you were right to go with "I feel nothing for you"; I should've done the same.
 

Thank You Margaret!! I love this song, I downloaded for my MP3 player. Now I can sing along.

Thanks,
Rhonda
 

Ay, Carmel! I missed your post. It would have saved me a lot of time. I too found the cero/celo problem. There's no way she's singing celo!
 

I agree! I sweated over that part till I noticed the two different sets of lyrics out there. Same for "y el me pone a mi" -- I finally realized it's probably "a mil."
 

"el me pone a mil" makes more sense --what is that, he makes me hot? So then Maybe "contigo estoy en cero" means "with you I am frozen with him I'm hot." Not with you I'm nowhere.
 

I was translating that part EXACTLY the way you did till I found a message board where people were discussing ways to say "he turns me on" in Spanish. Someone mentioned "me pone a mil" and suddenly the whole "en cero" and "a mil" thing made sense to me!

And I think you're right, frozen with you/hot with him is the perfect way to translate this!!
 

Margaret and Carmel, thanks for the song translations. I really appreciate it, because it wasn't making any sense to me. Plus, I usually fast forward over it since I have it recorded. Now I can actually enjoy it!

Jeanne
 

I nearly always start out disliking these songs and then they grow on me. Laura Pausini's theme to La Madrastra, Mira me ahora sin Miedo...and of course Heridas. This one really fits the heavy mexican cultural thing, very mariachi.
 

Usually I don't care much for pop music or ballads, but I find myself I going crazy for these telenovela themes (especially Heridas de Amor) and buying the CDs. They are great songs.
 

Oh No! Now I can sing along to the Duelo theme song whereas before I just had the phrase "me has mentido" running in my head all day making me loca. Thank you.

I find myself buying these novela theme songs on iTunes also and, Just like Margaret, I start out hating them but then they grow on me and I miss them when the show is over. I now have the themes from Madrastra, Esposa Virgen (hated that show!), Barrera de Amor, Olvidarte Jamas, and Mirada de una Mujer among others. Plus, I also had to have the theme song of Estrella & Greco from Madrastra (Amor del Bueno by Reyli Barba, but my favorite one so far is "Voy a contar contigo" by Roque Valero, theme song of Sabor a Ti. That one is so beautiful! That was my favorite novela also because Miranda was not dumb or easy to abuse. She was a real butt kicker and made her galan pay dearly for mistreating her before she deigned to forgive him and, of course, she looked really good while being mean to him. Kind of like a novela with Thelma as the "goodguy."

Kate Perez (too retrasada mental or vaga to figure out how to join and sign in.)
 

Title "insensible a ti"
means
"senseless to you"

"contigo estoy en cero y el me pone a mil"
means: (figure of speech)
"with you I'm frozen and he makes me hot"
it's hard to translate when people are using figure of speech. because most translator programs do not recognize the figure of speech.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder