Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Destilando Amor 5/23: Who put Kool-Aid in Mr. Artemio's tequila?

  • We open with Aaron's reaction to Artemio's ruin, which Aaron himself caused by sneaking Kool-Aid (or something) into the tequila in Hawaii. Aaron's succinct philosophy: "I know he's an old family friend, but in business we can't afford to be sentimental, we must close our eyes to the problems of others." Oñate crows that through this crooked Hawaii situation they'll make millions without a single headache.

  • Rod is trying to expend the energy of his one brain cell discussing Artemio's plight with Gaviota when flowers arrive. He narrows his eyes jealously. The card reads, "I've sought you throughout the world." Gav scolds Rod: "I told you no more flowers." "They're from one of your many admirers, not from me!"

  • SanJuana taunts Hilario, who is dangerously deranged already, do you notice how he's crossing his eyes more? "The lady of the castle doesn't want you, you're nothing compared with El Patron." Again she blackmails him - marry me or I spill the beans about your lovin' La Patrona - she flounces out and he throws hay in frustration.

  • Isa's smarmy new neighbor, Francisco de la Vega, comes over to borrow her phone (he says he lent his apartment to a guy who didn't pay the bills so his landline got cut off). Hmm, he's confirming an engagement and they're sending a chauffeur for him, but he doesn't have a cellphone? He asks if he can use her number for his friend to call back and confirm, she says yes, he writes down her number and kisses her hand, she checks out his butt as he leaves.

  • Artemio has gone to Pilar to vent - "None of this would have happened in Don Amador's day, we were friends, that's why I've come to you." She begs him not to be "aggressive" with the children, she's sure there's some explanation, she'll talk to Aaron. Artemio says, again, that he'll be ruined and wonders who would do this to him.

    Artemio, Gav and Rod have a meeting with big Mr. Tequila Bureaucrat who says the Kool-Aid adulteration is disastrous not just for Artemio, but for the whole industry's reputation. Gav says Montalvo Corporation will give Artemio jillions of agaves to make up for his wrecked shipment, but he says there isn't time to make a whole lot of tequila before tomorrow, which is when his client needs it. "I'll be ruined!"

    Rod later scolds Gav for having offered all those agaves and she says she was moved by Artemio's desperation. She suggests that, to prevent future problems (I'm not sure of the connection exactly), they start a school for wine-tasting. "That's a great idea, why didn't I think of it?" He calls James, suggesting he might like to be involved in getting the school started.

  • The phone rings: it's Benvenuto, full of compliments, asking if "the gorgeous Mexican" got his flowers. Gav tells Rod to leave and shut the door behind him. He tries, but finds himself strangely stuck on the other side of the door with his nose sticking through the crack. Elvira falls into him.

    Hanging up, Gav notices the nose and asks, "are you spying on me?" He pulls her roughly into the room and asks if Benvenuto is her lover. "These are work hours, ask me work questions," Gav patiently reminds him. "You're killing me, you have me in your hands, I can't be with other women, I'm full of memories, your smell ay ay ay, I love you, you make me do one stupid thing after another after another..."

    "I believed you would wait, I believed you loved me, right up until the moment you married, now I don't believe you," she patiently reminds him.

    Rod asks the least astute question possible: "What can I do to make you trust me again?" Let's all say together, duh. She says the moment for their love is over, they should simply be cordial and try to avoid more damage.

    Elvira comes in and says Pilar is on the phone. "My grandmother?" Rod queries. He takes the call in Gav's office, Gav leaves, Rod snarls and throws her flowers to the floor with a huge crash.

  • Aaron and Rubberlips are lounging by the pool. She also has rubber boobs and hair as - can you call this color red? - as Teresita's in La Fea. He tells her the new tequila is selling well and also says wifey is coming back next day. She talks more about living for today, their intense and spontaneous love, he says he'd like to have her for his whole life, she thought-bubbles that she'd like that too but "it can't be." Maybe she's dying of silicone poisoning.

    The maid hustles in and says, "the missus is here!" Rubberlips pushes her lips out even further in an expression of extreme dismay - in fact, she's commercial-level impactada.

    She asks Aaron if she should hide under water? He tells the maid to gather her clothes and tells Pamela to hide in the closet.

    There's a lot of hustling and suddenly Aaron is alone, whistling, dangling his feet in the pool, as Minerva stomps in. She was bored on her trip and came home early (no doubt to try and catch Aaron with Rubberlips). She didn't call him for a ride because (observing him dangling toes in pool) "I figured you'd be so busy."

    He goes all lovey over her, embraces her, and manipulates her so her back is turned as Rubberlips scuttles out the door.

    Minerva says she's going back to Mexico with Aaron to prevent his having a liaison with this self-same Pamela. Minerva goes to take a bath, Aaron runs around the side of the house and says goodbye to his amante, who is very humiliated but understanding.

    Back home, Pamela's parents tell her she needs to break off with Aaron, and she says it's a good idea, but she'll need their help.

  • Johnny Molina (my subtitles have him as Jhony), Aaron's mafioso accomplice/secretary, is upset that Aaron's leaving to go back to Mexico, there are lots of important meetings lined up, it's risky to blow off these VIPs. Aaron is renting a jet and plans to buy it. Minerva asks, with what money?, and he says, "I'm doing some very important business." He slaps her belly several times and tells her to get pregnant right away.

  • Benvenuto, looking very spiffy, picks up Gav, she's wearing her spiffy purple evening gown. As he compliments her, our cretinous stalker is watching from his car. Rod grinds his teeth to see them embrace and drive off. [If you like the sound of Italian and want to see a tv mini-series which is LIGHT YEARS better than this one, and with UTTERLY GORGEOUS leads, I highly highly recommend La Meglio Gioventu, "The Best of Youth." Ay caray. -- Ed.]

    They sit somewhere and Gav talks about Rod. "His marriage is sacred. You're my only friend, I opened my heart to you that day you opened your hand." (Flashback to him saving her in Paris.) He feels bad that his help led to her trip to London where she got hit by a car and lost her baby. "No, I had to meet my cruel, ferocious destiny. It's the life I'm fated to live." Later she dreams about walking with Rod, both of them in white, him saying "you're the only woman who lights my fire!"

    Rod, utterly incensed that Gav is going on a date (while he himself gets in bed with a wife every night), drives home hyperventilating, thoughtbubbling very loudly to Gav: "It's all YOUR FAULT, it's YOU deciding my destiny!"

    At home he tells Isa he'll do the artificial insemination thing, he wants a kid ASAP. She embraces him, he scowls fiercely behind her back. In her usual red satin shortie, she thoughtbubbles: "I won't worry about his motives. The child will be my triumph over Gaviota."

  • In New York Daniela (the nice sister as opposed to whiney Sofia) (my only complaint is I hate her hat and her eye shadow) has her very own stalker. He's left her a rose and slid about 1,000 lousy portraits of her under the door, along with a note that says her light blinded him when he first saw her but now he NEEDS her illumination. She's enchanted but I think it's kind of creepy. His name appears to be Elvis.

  • In response to Rod's request that he come back to the city, James says goodbye to Meliton (Acacia is listening). He goes into the house - where she has left her eavesdropping post by the window and rushed to look busy shelling peas - and asks if she wants anything from town - he's making a little trip before leaving for the city. "Just some poison to kill an asqueroso (revolting, disgusting) rat that's hanging around here." He leaves and she thoughtbubbles forebodingly: "it's almost harvest time."

    James asks Hilario to keep an eye on his peanuts while he's gone.

    He gets back from town and the ghastly Acacia asks for her several pounds of rat poison. "Oh, I forgot, but I can set a trap..." "You don't understand anything," she thought-bubbles. James thoughtbubbles: "I hope Acacia forgets her fear and denounces Meliton to the authorities."

  • Clarita annoys me so intensely! Luckily her only appearance in this episode is in her new candystriper outfit - she's volunteering at the hospital. There's a shouting patient, Clara goes in with her rosary and starts praying for him, he yells she should stop and that God forgot him a long time ago, she says it's a sin to reject God. He complains he's asked God loads of times to raise him up out of bed. She annoyingly says, "God's not deaf so He must need you here in bed."

    The yelling patient says what I'd like to: "GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY!!!!"

  • It's the new day, Isa calls Rod and says there's an appointment with the turkey-baster doctor tomorrow. Rod tells Gav he's gonna have a kid with Isa "to strengthen my marriage and cure me of the sickness of loving you too much."


Advances for tomorrow: Rod don't look too cured to me.

Labels:


Comments:
Melinama~~~You never fail. ''Rod don't look too cured to me.'' And Hilario is becoming a busy bee with his ''My List of Things I Must DO '' growing : 1] Sanwannawannawanna 2] Isadora 3] watch Mister James's peanuts As for Rodrigooo, I am shallow enough not to care that he has morphed into a gigantic jackass....I still like looking at him. ^^^Susanlynn, waving her pompoms weakly
 

Thank you very much melinama for the recap.

"He goes all lovey over her, embraces her, and manipulates her so her back is turned as Rubberlips scuttles out the door." -- was it Pam? I thought it was the accomplise maid who was scuttling out the door with Rubberlips' suitcases and packs.

J.R. ;)
 

Melinama, thanks so much for the great recap. I loved the scene where Minnie comes back early from her trip and the poor maid has to become an accomplice to their adultery. It was funny to see her rushing with the bags. And what is up with Rodrigo? The stalking? The sweaters? His inability to focus? Ay caray! Maybe he does need the psychologist that was suggested to him earlier...;)
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Great one again, Melinama. I know the scenes with Aaron and the maid sneaking Pamela and her things was too hokey for words, but I'm a sucker for Sergio and his comedic timing. It was worth a few giggles at least. //Don't worry about the maid, there is no doubt a hell of a huge, literal tip in there for her somewhere I'm sure.....// As for Rod, I keep blaming the writers 'cause he's become all brawn and no brain. Gavi needs to spell it out I guess: (think Tammy Wynette)"D-I-V-O-R-C-E"

Thu May 24, 01:41:00 AM EDT
 

Thanks for the recap, Melinama. The Aaron/Pam show was quite funny especially with him running out the door to say goodbye.

Rod does not seemed cured but I'm hoping other plot developments can take my mind off of his wretched behavior.

Karen
 

Thanks Melinama for the humorous, yet factual recap. Clarita annoys me also. I can't figure out the reason why she's acting like a big pouting baby. For some strange reason I like the way she's encouraging Gavi not to give up on Rod (even though I've given up on him). Aaron is still my guy. I can tell myself he's playing a role. I'm not that forgiving of Rod's behavior even though it's also a role. But hey, where is it written that you can't identify with the crook or the bad guy?
 

Thanks for correction on the maid, I've made this kind of mistake before, because my tv is small and it's far away and when the people are too little I can't see them!
 

Thanks for the Recap. Please what does "caray" mean. I think that Fer used it last night.
 

Thanks for the great and funny recap, Melinama!

Oh, our impulsive Rod the Bod! Why is he acting this way? Susanlynn, I agree....I still like looking at him, too.

I cracked up about the rubberlips and rubber boobs description!"Maybe she's dying of silicone poisoning!" So funny!!!

jb was wondering in yesterday's comments if men really like rubber lips? I wonder if they like rubber boobs???
 

"He narrows his eyes jealously..." Rod kind of creeps me out when he does that, and he seems to be doing it more and more.

Regarding the color of Pamela's hair, I think Beckster called the color early on. It's baboon butt red.

Excellent recap, I laughed all the way through. Thanks!
 

Baboon Butt Red!!!! Hee Hee, Sylvia!!!Love it!!!!
 

I am confused over Destilando AMOR 5/13; yet Rod said the 23rd that he was going to have a baby???? Isn't this last nights 5/23/07 ???
 

Great recap, Melinama--I LOL-d a lot. I did not catch the words for wine tasting school, but I thought Gav said the school was to improve their quality control. I really like Aaron, too--I saw him first in Amarte es mi Pecado, where he was a good guy. His character there was dumb, though--sleeping with a young journalist when he really loved Nora.

Linda T.
 

Favorite part of this episode was Aaron's running around outside the his house, go Aaron!
 

Aaron never disappoints cause you expect the worst and yes he can deliver...now with Rod...you expect well something better and he allows disappoints..

Now about the crap Tequila thing? How is this not the their fault? I mean if the bottles reach the destination and the seals are in tact...Well
 

Thanks for all the recaps and comments. I'll need them for the next few days, since I have to work some evenings and will have only the recaps to rely on. Which is ok, because I'm getting pretty annoyed with all the characters and a little vacation will do me good.
 

Thanks for catching my dating error. Yes, 5/23 not 5/13, I've fixed it now.
 

I liked Aaron's run, also! Getting Pam out of the house was similiar to Aaron's escape from Isa's when Sophie came to call.I don't get the attraction to Pamela, however. What's with that?
 

I don't understand the attraction to Pamela either, but Aaron and Pamela seem to be a good match for each other. He can relate to her in a way that he doesn't relate to other women.

On to a different subject, I was expecting Clarita to comfort the patients at the hospital with telenovela stories!
 

Isa, pleeease be pregnant already! And, let it be known before Rod goes through the artificial insemination bit. Otherwise, I can see this plot being dragged out ad nauseum until the facts are brought to light. I hope by then that Gavi is happily married to someone else.
 

Isadora's new "boy toy" is one of the actors who danced and was eliminated on the Sunday night show on Univision in English (dancing for the wedding of your dreams)..Something like that..
 

Exportrd, wahhh...don't rub it in, I missed the very last episode of Bailando. (However my friends at work filled me in.) The neighbor is Julio Camejo right? I think he will make a perfect sleazy neighbor. He's good looking enough to be dangerous, and slimy enough to make you want to take a shower after talking to him. He was a pretty good dancer though.

Susanlynn, if you read this, did you see the last episode of Bailando? What did you think?
 

Twb is livin to ma expectations i was not surprised when she let a creepy stranger use her house phone.

This guy probably called his house so that he could get her number (talk about caller ID) he is way too creepy i smell a plot.

Gaviota's evening dress looked black and it was above the ankle.
 

Guess we will have to see rod go thru DNA testing to see that the kid is not his, meanwhile gavi again will run off not believing him when he says he it is not his. this gets rediculous. He gets married cause he thinks she is a hoe. She comes back after loooking for him and having an accident. He is married, so she gets upset and leaves for a year. She comes back to work at his company, knowing she wanting to be with him and then tells him she can't be bothered because he is married. Then he is peeowed and decides to give his wife a baby cause he is mad at gaviota. Can it be like this in real life??? This may be worse then Mundo de Fieros.
 

But Mundo de Fieras had Demian!! I miss him...
 

anoy 6:54....
Demian....oh my pirate, now I just wanna blow something up...Aaron is an excellent subsitute...

I once again must put out the disclaimer...I scorn Cesar Evora and his "good roles"...Oh Gabe, it was such a joy mocking you ***okay now unknit your brows, close your mouth and don't say No Puede Ser***
but Demian...what's not to love?
 

Lynne: According to Word Reference.com "Caray" means "God!" or "Good Heavens!"
 

Sylvia~~~No, I did not see Sunday's episode of ''Bailando.'' I was at the hospital most of the night. My mother was taken there Sunday afternoon and died on Monday night. I have students from Dominican Republic who watched and told me that Josue and Jackie won and will get a wedding, a house, and a car. Second place Edgar and his girl will get a wedding.
 

I'm sorry about your mother, Susanlynn.
 

Susanlynn, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your mother. I was wondering how you were doing; you didn't sound like your usual self. Hang in there GF.
Sylvia, thinking of her friend Susanlynn
 

I wish Rod will caught isa having
sex with another man so he can divorse her and marry Gavi instead
I;m too tired of playing cat and mouse game it's annoying and I'm bored to death Gavi playing hard to get! it's too much already !
sparkles
 

Susanlynn:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
 

Susanlynn, hope you can feel our good thoughts for you...
jb
 

Oh no, Susanlynn, I am so so sorry.
 

Susanlynn, sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

Karen
 

My condolence to Susanlynn as well..Lost a close family member this week as well..May you take comfort from friends & family..Regards,Maureen
 

Susanlynn, my deepest condolences for your loss.

Linda T.
 

Susanlynn, I am really sorry about your mother. My prayers are with you.
 

Susanlynn, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you. Take good care of yourself and thanks for being a part of this forum with us.

Susannah
 

Susanlynn, I'm very sorry for your loss. Keep those pompoms waving. Sincerely, Melanie
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder