Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Destilando Amor 6/18/07 "I Hear the Train a Comin" run Wile E Rod run

Wow I haven’t been this tense since I spent fifty minutes waiting for Tony Soprano to get whacked in the Sopranos finale…

Our episode starts out with Rod (who looks awfully fine in his sweater) and Gavi sharing tacos & besos in an eatery…I love you…no I love you more…we will live on our Island of love…I must work…you can sell coconuts…yadda yadda yadda…then once the whole family is on board we will settle at the hacienda & be happy forever…This land is your land…this land is my land…this land is our land! Every Saturday night we will go to the cantina and Wow, the locales with you singing Gaviota…I bet the locales can hardly wait. I hope Rod plans to buy plenty of rounds….
(Mean while somewhere in DF a dog howls and Pilar sits up…not fully alive, yet not fully dead..)
Okay I made the Pilar part up.
Seriously, if I was another patron in the house of fine Tacos, I would soooo know Rod was boinking his assistant, secretary, amante, whatever, cause this is TeleNovela land not the freakin Twilight Zone, it would never cross my mind that this guy was a repressed sixteen year old with his first love. Dude get a room.

Sofie is out in front of Rod & Isa’ s apartment…her SUV won’t start and after Frankie looks under the hood & pops off a battery cable…it really won’t start. Frankie offers to be Sofie’s taxi, which is kind of okay since he has been giving Isa some pretty good rides. Sofie tells him she is Rod’s sister and TWB’s sister-in-law & thus the keys to a possible fortune as well as all the Tequila you could ever drink.

Clarita & Dona Jose are sitting around the Gavi household eating and discussing Rod & Gavi’s amor…How someday they will all head to the hacienda..in Tequila. This prompts Dona Jose to question Gavi beinging the new La Patrona…Clarita worries, I’m not really sure why, I think it may having something to do with the locals accepting the Clarita family as the new Patrons. Well anyway, Clarita will be glad to get back.

Now Frankie & Sofie arrive outside the Palace of Pilar, where Sofie says she lives with Granny & her sister. Frankie is all flirty with her, swooping in like he is gonna kiss her neck etc…He will contact a mechanic and call her. When he asks to call her, she whips out a business card, ah Sofie…(I know she lost it to some guy named Wellington Wadsworth Wellington III, back in finishing school), Frankie continues to flirt and in payment for taking her home he asks Sofie for a little beso. She gives him a chaste kiss on his cheek; she is just so damn grateful for any attention that she is just short of peeing her pants and falling on the ground to get her stomach scratched, yes she has become my terrier. While standing on the sidewalk moonstruck, in her little chunky loafers, black hose, skirt and sweater, with her little satin navy blue tie up granny blouse….I am having a "Where the boys Are", flashback, oh Sofie dream on…you will get stuck but it won’t be with his Sigma pin.

Gavi gets back the house & tells Clarita, the plans are set…they are to take off for the Island of Love..and Rod will take care of getting all the stuff packed up, they are only to take their clothes. Clarita is all upset that they have to leave her awesome new Big Screen Television…but Gavi promises all will be taken care of, (somewhere in the distance you hear an anvil fall).

Isa is pacing in the living room wearing her little satin red robe, a great favorite of Aaron, Frankie and Hilario, however not so much with Rod. "What are you doing up?" he questions her…Well I called the office and no-one answered…They have the usual minor MariAnna Franco word scruffle and Rod blows her off and Isa is left to look perplexed and alone in the living room.

Next Day at Work & Rod is toiling Away

Next day, Rod tells the HR stoolie to draw up papers to cut MariAnna her final check, plus a little bonus…he tells stoolie guy to keep it on the quiet. Gavi comes in and Rod tells her the plans are in the works, she & Ma are to go to the isle, he will dump Isa over dinner & fill the family in tomorrow…(I am seeing a flaw here…he if dumps Isa tonite, gee the news tomorrow will be like an Uber surprise right, cause you know Sofie is on speed dial)

Anyway, he calls Elvira in and has her take a memo: Attention: "Hola Sr. and Srs. Mexico and all the ships at sea." Big family junta tomorrow and yeah, the topic is a surprise…
Isa/TWB is at home talking to her father, the news about Rod forgiving the debt, Pa urges her to get Rod to sign the papers and get them to the bank as soon as possible. Isa promises Pa she will talk to him tonight.

Primo Aaron comes in to the office to see, Primo Rod…the salutations, the hugs, geez this family is tight.
Rod tells him to cancel his trip to Miami, Aaron is none to happy about this. Rod says there is a meeting tomorrow and he needs Aaron to be there. As Aaron’s one eyebrow is going up you can see his Crapdar is going off and he is a bit, not a blatant full muy impacted, but a subtle muy impacted. What the hell are you thinking Aaron wonders. Rod won’t give Aaron any details. Rod pulls out the contracts and starts reading hem and Aaron’s eyebrow is now in full arch.

Now Gavi is in her office having one of her heart to hearts with the Virgincita, which is good for Gavi, but probably a bit much for the Virgincita…oh tonite Rod will give the news to Isadora, she will suffer…but our love is true. I bet the Holy Beings, just hate this kinda stuff, "yeah I know I’m kinda committing a sin, but if isn’t too much trouble will you bless it and I’ll never sin again?" Anyway, Gavi hopes Isa is spared too much suffering, Ahhhh little Gavi, I think Isa will be able to find something to distract her.

Aaron comes outta Rod’s office and asks Elvira where Onate is, Elvira doesn’t not know, Aaron orders her to have Onate call Aaron at home.

Onate is busy at the Aeropuerto, totally creeping some poor counter attendent girl out. He wants the list from the 31st of Dec, as he is doing crazy ass Minerva’s detective work for her. The girl won’t give up the info.

Elvira, who I might add is wearing some scary "Oprah said don’t" blue eye shadow and she happens into the HR stoolie’s office, of course it takes about two nano seconds for her to scope out MariAnna Franco’s file open on the desk, with very little arm twisting she gets the info outta HR guy.

Aaron arrives back at his apartment and tells Minerva that the trip is cancelled and he has to go to a Rod meeting with the family the next day. Of course she thinks she is going and Aaron is like no way, my BSC bride. See I don’t understand why Aaron keeps crazy ass Minnie around, hell Michael Jackson spawned kids with less trouble and way less commitment. Words are spoken, ugly word and Minerva grabs up her little purse and leaves.

Rod calls Isa and invites her for dinner, "Me, seriously you want to break bread with me?", Isa is thrilled. "Yes, I want to talk to you". Isa is thrilled. (She has on seriously bedazzled jeans…glimmering crystals everywhere)

Knock Knock….Oh no it is crazy ass Minerva at the door; she starts in on MariAnna Franco, "the Husband Robber", please you are preaching to Isadora, the husband boinker…well Minnie spreads the venom, thick and green, Isa doesn’t want to hear it…Minnie is trying to convince her that Rod & MariAnna, were together…Isa is trying to fight it off, but like screaming fire in a crowded theatre the panic is spreading…this is increasing my panic too. OMG, Isa cries Rod is gonna abandon me….ahhhhhhhh.
Minnie tries to calm her down…nice after thought. Minnie calls Eliva looking for Onate who is still stalking the poor girl at the airport. Eliva tells Minnie that they are cashing MariAnna out…"Que the Hell?" our two besmirched wives query. Off they go.

Meanwhile over at "Gigolo Gardens", some guy named tossing Frankie around the hall…No it is not his pimp. Why it is Esteban, the real owner of the apartment and said automobile…Frankie convinces him that he was just watching over things while Esteban was gone.

Sofie and Dani are climbing some gigantic flight of steps that would rival the Aztec Pyramids, this is giving us a view of "The Club". You know the club, that place rich people go and they just call it the club, cause if you were one of them you’d know it and there is no need to waste syllables on the rest of us, the people who might wash the towels there. Dani is teasing Sofie about the new guy…Sofie giggles, she is quite smitten, she says he is handsome. Dani asks, "As handsome as James?" "No," Sofie says wistfully, "handsome in a different way". I rolled my eyes so hard at this, I had to tap my head to get them to drop back into place. I am totally Sofie running out to by the fun-pak of "Lety Glitter Pens", Dear Diary, Francisco with a heart dotting the i.

Videgaray comes by to tell Rod that he has purchased the land on the Island of Anvil, oooops I mean the Isle of Gaviota, 10% down and the rest later…Rod is soooooo excited. He packs up his little briefcase and stops off to tell his little Gaviota, it is smooth sailing from here on in, just gotta go dump Isa, send Pilar into life support, (well that won’t be much of a stretch). They hug, they kiss, they make me want to write bad checks…anyway if the blood wasn’t pounding so hard in their ears right now, you know they would hear it, you know the anvil sound…Rod takes off, leaving Gavi’s door partially open.

Gavi is sitting at her desk belting out the Gaviota Song; no she isn’t humming or doing that kinda whisper voice thing, no she is belting it out. Minnie & TWB are coming down the hall, if Gavi wasn’t crooning so loud, she wouldn’t have heard the squeal of TWB’s boots coming to a halt. WTF? This is a Super Terminal Case of Muy Impacted. TWB recognizes the voice…it is her, MariAnna is Gaviota. TWB is so taunt with outrage, that it is only an act of God that keeps one of those giant crystals from flying off those jeans and impaling Gaviota. "You are crazy," Minnie says, "It is a popular song, I hear it all the time."
I am laughing like yeah, strangely when you are sitting in your apartment or at Pilar’s that song always in the background, ya think?
***The song might be in Spanish, but all I am hearing is "I hear the train a comin´it´s rolling round the bend" Wile E. Rod, that Acme Train is coming thru the tunnel ***

Minnie, for once does the prudent thing and drags Isa off to the Meeting Room, they close the door. Minnie is trying to calm her down. MariAnna can’t possibly be Gaviota, Gaviota was some migrant worker who shoveled Agave, what was her name? Teresa Hernandez? Well see now…Isa is all shades of hysterical, everything must be falsified cause Isa knows that voice, good gawd she had to listen to that freaking cassette often enough. Good point Isa. They call HR stoolie and have him bring the MariAnna Franco file of deception.

Poor, poor Rod is busy telling Videgaray how awesome life is gonna be, not hearing the anvils over the sound of the traffic in Mexico City.

Minnie and Isa are grilling HR stoolie so hard, he is about to cry like a little girl…at every question, he thought bubbles….yes he remembers her stories about her European work and schooling and how she was gonna get him references and letters…In the midst of ripping him a new and unnecessary orifice…it comes to light that stoolie guy passed MariAnna through so quickly on the orders of Aaron. They boot stoolie out.

Minnie grabs the phone and in her best English, calls the numbers…nope nada, no one has ever heard of MariAnna.

Gavi is having a snack with her friend Margarita and telling her how grateful she is for all the help Margarita gave her, Margarita is like you make it sound like it is over….

Minnie and Isa are having it out in the meeting room, this almost turns into a "Girls Gone Wild" wrestling match…It is so loud Gavi & Margarita hear the noise. There was less screaming in Gone With the Wind as Atlanta burned. Elvira is banging at the door… Minnie says everything is fine…and locks the door, Isa is so one hard slap away for her own good….

Minnie calls Aaron and tells him that MariAnna is Gaviota….now Aaron is Muy Impacted….
& I don’t know about you, but I am muy Impacted…I so want a Isa/Gavi slap down.

Stay tuned….

It looks like the family is gonna have a Gavi-vention tomorrow and try and save Rod from himself…

Labels:


Comments:
Dang you are so good at this! I was too tense to watch it all (all their happiness made me miserable, I'd rather get past the anvils to the squashed-flat part).

I loved the part where smarmy Frank "borrowed" his friend's car to take Ms. Twinset home. I've never had a leech like that for a friend, and he's so repulsive, how does he get to do any "sticking" at all?

Beckster you have such a soft spot for Rod. Heh.
 

BECKSTER^^^I am soooo impactada that I don't know where to begin. I think that this could be your finest work EVER. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this recap a 23. Loved it !!!!Bravo !!! I didn't even take notes because there were too many gems to list. Suffice it to say, I could barely eat my Cheerios . No one brings the crazzzy like Chantal...Minervaaaa's eyes were practically glowing red ...I think I saw a little smoke coming out of her ears. [Hub observed that she seems to really likes to use the phone.]And those 2 chicks just amp up the crazzzzy in each other. ''Where the Boys Are''..heh---I just watched it on TCM. I think that Isa would be great in the Yvette Mimieux part, but I have trouble envisioning Minnie in Connie Frances's role. AHHH, YES, Rod and Gavi...our starcrossed lovers ...and Minervaaa and Isa are the heat-seeking missiles aimed directly at them. Well, like our Gavi, I need to work...so, I'll reread your hilarious recap when I get home later this afternoon. Thanks for waking me up with some laughs, Beckster. That was a great way to start my day. P.S. Yesterday, my Mexican student gave a wonderful power point presentation on her country. As she was showing a brief promotional film about all the different parts of Mexico, there was a shot of the agave fields, at which point, the women all turned . looked at me in the back of the room , and shouted, ''Rodrigoooo !!!''
 

Great recap! Waiting for tonight's episode is like waiting the summer to see "Who shot JR?" I think it would be just oh-so-wonderful if after Rod tells the family about Gavi and Minnie is doing her "I told you all so" dance, that Aaron stands up and says "Well if Primo Rod can do it, so can I... Minnie I want a divorce too!! Then we could have another night like last night, screaming and hair pulling between Minnie and Isa... "You were the most stupid, no you were!!"
 

Luhhhv the subconscious --or maybe not-- reference to blood-suckers here, beckster!

"Frankie is all flirty with her, swooping in like he is gonna kiss her neck etc…." I half expected batfangs. Flit-flit, whoosh!!

Intense is certainly the way I felt at the end of this supersized rollercoaster ride! Almost spit morning coffee at the Pilar reference --Eggsellent recap.
 

p.s. Hate to be practical here, but wouldn't you think that after the business with Elvira Rod would have been less careless or more threatening with the HR stoolie if he told anyone about the request? I mean, Rod should know better than anyone by now how nothing is secret nor sacred near the proverbial watercooler.
 

Beckster, the "I hear the train a arolling" was the funniest thing. Oh my god. I am sitting here at work laughing. That has such meaning, especially at this point. The acting of esa is sooo good. She really portrays the jealous wife; however, it seems so ironic that she is you know whating her brains out with every tom dick and harry and is upset that Rod has a girlfriend??? Maybe it is just that she wants part of his estate and that it is not out of love??
 

OMG...!
I knew her belting that song would be the end of her...hope she has 401k and some money saved up because she is fixing to be jobless and knowing minnie she will make sure she cnt get a job anywhere in mexico coperativo or jimadhora.
 

Grrrrreat recap as usual. I found myself getting all stressed out at the happenings in this very dysfunctional family. My heart was pounding when the 2 villians caught Gavi singing her trademark song. I had to remind myself that she brought it on herself. As nuch as I like her, it seems that she has an "I can do anything, but fail" attitude. So, while I'm anxiously waiting to see how she's going to get out of this, I'm sure she'll surface smelling like a rose (I hope) even though it may take years in novela time.
 

Beckster, absolutely the most hilarious recap, your mind and wit is definitely a terrible thing to waste! Unfortunately, Wile E Rod will probably, definitely run and not fight for his Gaviota, guilt will rip him open especially with his extreme blond wife looking forlorn and cheated on....if Rod only knew... Then you have Minnie, who will probably end up a paraplegic after falling down the steps again when she finds out about Isa and Aaron, looking triumphant and pouring on the guilt! Maybe if she does end up a paraplegic, Clarita will care for her in the long term hospital, wouldn't that be nice? Your comments on Elvira still have me cracking up, she definitely looks like she went to the Lily Munster school of make-up! I am still so on edge about last nights episode that I'll have to tape tonight's episode and watch it when I calm down. Thanks again for the wonderful recap.
 

What was the powerful urge in Mariana to belt out the Gaviota song, knowing the two psychos could be lirking almost anywhere in the building..? Adding more to her self destruction is that she's a bad singer..Well, this seems to be anvil to fall that others have talked about here..

I'm beginning to dislike Sofia as much as I do Minnnie,Isadora and that sleeze,gigilo,smarmy,money grubbing Franco.That actor playing Franco was booted off the show on Univision,Sunday night called dancing for the wedding of your dreams..Can't wait for him to get bumped here..

That scene of Isadora and Minnie exposing Mariana as Gaviota is one for the record books in acting. It was so powerful in revenge & jealousy,it made me so uncomfortable that I couldn't watch the last couple of scenes..Jeez, payback to those two can't be quick enough.
 

I still like the Gaviota song, but would it kill her to sing something else once in a while?

I'm glad my coworkers don't all sing at the top of their lungs during business hours, that's all I can say.
 

Yeah, ExportRed, up to this point I still wasn't sure if Isadora had any acting skills at all. I never would have thought that she could keep up with Minerva in terms of hysterics, but last night she really got to show off her specialty.
 

For all of you who absolutely love Gaviota's song...don't you think it's time that Angélica Rivera start singing it instead of the horotious voice over and Rivera's uncoordinated lip movements?
 

Great job Beckster!! Wow, loved the comment about Pilar hearing the dog howl in DF. There are so many gems in this recap. Awesome!

Loved the shrieking match between Minnie and Isa in the boardroom. And the closeups of Elvira's hideous makeup. Yikes!
 

thanks for the wonderful recap beckster!

so i guess now part 2 of this novela has just started. its all going down from here on... hmmm, i give props to chantal for the great job she does being whiny minerva, but after yesterday, hysterical marta julia (isa) gets my high five too.
 

I love the realism of Gavi's theology:

"Now Gavi is in her office having one of her heart to hearts with the Virgincita, which is good for Gavi, but probably a bit much for the Virgincita…oh tonite Rod will give the news to Isadora, she will suffer…but our love is true. I bet the Holy Beings, just hate this kinda stuff, "yeah I know I’m kinda committing a sin, but if isn’t too much trouble will you bless it and I’ll never sin again?"
 

Fantastically funny recap, beckster! Wish I were at home so I could laugh louder, as the recap deserves.

Can't wait to see how Rodrigo handles the junta when they find out they had Gaviota in their midst. Aaron will be so mad that he was fooled, and didn't get any reward.

Guess lying on the job application stops the "liquidacion" for Mariana/Gavi. Will she be too proud to accept money from
Rod now?

I'm glad the wives of my company's owners can't get get into the personnel files, or have any sway here. ¡Imagínate! Qué pesadilla that would be.
 

I do...I do...I hate to admit it..but I secretly have a soft spot for Rod...wishing I had met him when we were both fourteen...instead of just him..now it seems pervy...anyway I often think...yes I could live on the ranch with Rod as long as we did shooters on Sat. nite at the cantina..and kept his family at bay..well we could let Pilar move her casket to the ranch and the living dead could continue...but I would have a pistol with silver bullets just in case she got too muy impacted...Dani & Elvis welcome..Sofie, fogitaboutit...
Acacia & James Welcome...cause she is crazy enough to be kinda interesting...

But Aaron also makes me wanna drag out my dedicated to Demian de Mundo..red beret & 38caliber thigh holster & what the hell just commit crimes...

Whats a girl to do?
 

Beckster^^^ Decisions, decisions, decisions. It was an easy decision for me...Hot Rod is the only galan I've found interesting since FC. I am ready to live at the hacienda. I will learn to be a jimador and drink tequila. I want to ride on a horse with him through the agave fields. [Note to self : Add to my to-do list -- Learn to ride a horse.] The family can visit if they must, but Sanwannaallthetima has to go, and I don't think I could stand being in the room with Minervaaaa for more than a few minutes before pushing her down the stairssssssss.
 

Susanlynn: I am gradually getting to understand your point of view.....

Anyway, speaking of Minderva, I cannot help but think she's going to get thumped onto her bony backside very soon.

I am hoping for another surprise twist like they've done any number of times already in this story. That is the only thing that keeps me from hiding under the covers, squeezing my eyes shut and putting my hands over my ears til "los últimas semanas".
 

Oh, God, Beckster!!! I was laughing and laughing!!! I loved it when you said "I rolled my eyes so hard I had to tap my head to get them to drop back into place."
Hee Hee!! Great recap!!!! Can't wait for tonight's to see anvils start to fall!
 

Hilarious recap! Your skills at decoding the howler monkey screeches from Isa and Minnie are muy impresionante!
 

Rhonda from St. Louis? W, S, N County?
 

We bought a house in the city (an old victorian close to Tower Grove Park, if you're familiar with the city) last year - before that we lived in Kirkwood (West County).
 

I know it all very well. Good for you! Tower Grove is full of lovely old homes!! Gorgeous tree lined streets, from what I remember.
 

St. Louis?
Grew up there...
One of the 1000's of McDonnell Douglas brats in Florissant....
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder