Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Amar #39 Monday 9/10/07 Kitten with a whip . . . or "that's the way a-way a-way I like it"

We begin with a reprise of Friday's last scene. Diego is commiserating with Flavio about his job, Azul, etc.

Azul and Ceci are home discussing Diego. Azul seems upset, and she reveals the news about Silvana. Isn't it an amazing coincidence that Diego's ex is the woman whose son was killed with Mo's wife? They also discuss Andres. Ceci says she is "clavando muchisimo," hammering a lot? I can't tell if this is some slang about sex the way it's used here, because of what comes next. She says they did not "cachondar," (or what I think means "mess around," according to Wordreference.com.) The sweetest thing is that she has the feeling he doesn't have much experience in "messing around." Really? (de plano) asks Azul. Well you will corrupt (pervertir) him. I hope so, says Ceci, but it is strange in someone his age. If she only knew, and see more below!

Azul calls Diego, and he answers with "hello, precious." She sounds very sad and tells him she wants to talk. He asks if she told Mo yet, and she says no she couldn't because he left for Houston, and she will do it when he comes back (famous last words).

GSD gets into a cab and we see Ines stalking him in another car. He gets out of a cab and is met by Emilia. We get a good view of his jacket with elbow patches. I guess that's how we know he's a professor. Emilia and GSD are sitting at a table in a cafe. Ines storms in and confronts them. Vaya (is the translation "way to go"?). What a pretty new girlfriend. He says, may I present my therapist Emilia. Therapist, my eye, is the response. And if she's your therapist I'm the queen of Romania (well, you get the idea). She throws in that it's not ethical to date a patient. Emilia says she has no right to say such things. Oh, yeah? I have all the right given me from 15 years of dating this turkey, 15 long years, 15 years in the shadows!
GSD yells check, please and tries to get away. This is not the time or place, he says. Why are you doing this, she says. It's you who caused the damage, he reminds her (because she revealed the truth). And for all the times you pull little numbers like this. Sad piano music plays.

Diego comes to see Azul. He can tell something's come over her. Why the change? She wants to know why he never told her about Silvana. He reminds her that she's still the novia of Mo. What a pair. She asks if he had relations with Silvana and Eva. He seems to skirt the truth. He says Eva is a good friend.

Cut to Piero. He's trying to get his wife to forgive him. No dice.

Back to Azul and Diego. Eva is a friend. He tries to change the subject and kiss Azul. From now on it's just us two. She says she doesn't feel well. Diego leaves.

Emilio is upset about Ines's spying. She doesn't like to have to be involved in this mess.

Ceci comes home bringing a surprise visitor, Arnaldo. They have a "girl's" night at home, eating popcorn and gossiping.

Back at Casa Moran, Clemencia and Lidia are discussing their various amorous messes. Diego comes home, and Lidia runs upstairs. Mom wants to borrow money from Diego to tide them over. He writes what must be a large check. Mom says it's too much, but Diego insists she accept. He wants to know if she spoke with Pop. Yes, and she's still upset. She's also upset that the other woman is a friend of Diego's.

Back at the pajama party, Azul reveals that she is truly in love "like a stupid person" with Diego. But she doesn't want to talk anymore about it. A rehash of the Silvana triangle for benefit of Arnaldo. Ceci notes that she was still with Mo. Well, there's more, she goes on, filling them in on Eva. Arnaldo notes facetiously that Diego certainly is solicitous of his friends.
Now Ceci tells them about Andres. She is very happy about her new love. Azul just mopes on the side, paying no attention.

Andres goes looking for Leo. Now I feel privileged to describe what may be the most astonishing scene we are likely to see on this or any other show. Out comes Leo transformed into an S/M dominatrix. This is more jaw-dropping than the recent S/M scene on Acorralada. Gone is her slicked back hair--she is wearing her hair down and loose. She is dressed in a leather dominatrix costume with boots, brandishing a whip. My jaw did literally drop. She crooks her finger at Andres. He asks why she is dressed like that. Because you like it that way, she purrs. Please, he says. She starts biting his neck like a vampire. I am going to punish you, she says, because you're a bad boy. He obediently follows her into the bedroom. I guess this is more of the deep, dark secret they share.
Discuss!

Diego goes to the bar to talk to Lily Munster. She is sorry that he is angry with her. He rehashes the Azul situation.

Piero is sitting in a chair in his big white architect's special house. His wife comes down again, angry, and repeating how he's going to pay!

Diego tells Flavio that he should be with Silvana. He is getting really, really, really, really drunk. He gets Flavio to take him over to Azul's.
Cut to the Ceci/Azul bedroom. We hear singing outside. Azul goes to the window, where Diego is drunkenly bellowing a mariachi song (with some accompanying mariachis). The song is I am poor but I have no vanity. I love you for 1000 years. Azul smiles. All is well, she loves Diego again.

Diego must have gone home eventually, because we see him socked out in his bed. Am I crazy, or does he have some fancy new large bed with nice hotel sheets? It looks like a hotel room, not his old room at home. Anyone have an explanation for this?

His phone rings, and of course it's Eva. He says he went to sleep late because he was up playing pool. I suppose you missed me, she asks. How was your trip, your business, he counters. Hey, I asked you if you missed me. Still not answering, he says that he wants to talk to her when she gets back. About what? He sidesteps some more.

Over at Mansion Mo, Andres is putting ice on his head, and Leo is back to her tight hairstyle. You passed a nice night, no? she asks. He says he doesn't want to do this stuff anymore. It's not right. He wants to quit his job also. Just then Mo comes in. He warns Andres that Eva will get him. Andres says he's not afraid of Eva. I guess Mo didn't have surgery after all? Who knows.

Ines goes over to GSD's house to return the keys. (I think) She asks how GSD could fall in love so fast with someone new. He says they are not in love so fast--he's taking it slow. But it's great how they have so much in common with science to talk about. Oh, so the reason you broke up with me is because I'm a musician, Ines shouts incredulously. She escalates into a gigantic rage. He leaves, and she begins throwing furniture around and generally wrecking the place. You won't make me pay, she vows.

Diego and Azul have met for breakfast. He is telling her about his many problems with his Mom, Pop and sister, but the most important thing is how they're going to extricate themselves from the Mo/Eva situation. They need jobs, but circumstances are against them. My DVR cuts off here, as it is 9 PM. The show must have run really late this time.

Labels:


Comments:
I think that Diego is sleeping in Eva's hotel room. He stopped sleeping at home last week when he got mad at his dad, and Eva said "why not just shack up here?".

Thanks for the recap; the Andres/Leo scene was truly astounding. I had to stop, rewind, and run and get my wife from the other end of the house.
 

Yeah I tend to keep during the week just from recaps, but I'm going to have to go home and watch that part, good thing I still have the recording.
Great recap, thanks! You really did a good job of describing Azul's mopiness. If only there was a way to combine "Azul" and "pout" or "mope" into some clever nickname. I'm sure it will come to someone soon.
 

Great title! I had no idea that's what was coming. More like aging lioness with a whip! When she showed up it got me to actually stop what I was doing and pay attention. I couldn't believe it! The big hair, the wrinkles!It was horrible. I wonder if the guy who plays Andres got danger pay, after all it might put him off sex for the rest of his life. The actress who plays Leo must be thinking how low can she go. They never make Jacqueline Andere or Angelica Maria do stuff like this....

Mo could have had an angioplasty. It's normally outpatient surgery. In the US there are no waiting lists, and no waiting if you are an emergency case. He could fly in, have the procedure done and be let go that same day if it was done early enough in the day.

I vote for Piero's wife being next on the matar sin limites list. You just know he was desperate when he found out that Mo wasn't available to help him with his little problem. In case we weren't thinking along those lines, it was nice of her to mention that Paco could help her with her divorce case since he must have discovered that lidia was cheating on him and that's undoubtedly why he left....
 

Oh.My.God..........................I feel that all of us were punished along with Annndresss. I was impactada. i GUESS FOR OUR Annnndresss, love actually does hurt. This show really likes to throw in the surprises...Paco and Abuelo suddenly killed for no good reason...Leo in her Halloween costume threateniing that naughty boy Annndress with a good spanking. Que the hell ???? Do Ceci's comments to MissBlue mean that Ceci and Annndresss actually did not do the deed??? If so, Ceci might have to invest in some leather. And to think that some recapper recently referred to Evileva as the dominatrix ! What a surprise that she had the right idea but the wrong character!!! In the previews , it looked like Evileva was descending from her spacecraft, so maybe she is an alien dominatrix. As for Azul, I always call her Blue in my mind...a tribute to her constant buzzkill mood. I like the idea of Isela being Lily Munster. And wow !!! I was so hoping that when Piero's wife was yelling at him from that inside window several floors above him that she would send a vase or something really heavy crashing down on his head. Now that's the guy who needs a good spanking.
 

I think that I will now think of Leonarda as Ann Margaret....or maybe Zorro.
 

Well, well, well "el gato encerrado" is indeed let out of the bag. Leonarda es la leopardo aaaaiiiiiyyyy carumba. Darn, wish I had taped this show, that was fun stuff!!

And am I halucinating or did Flavio give Ceci the twinkle eye at the serenade? How's Angry Andre going to deal with a rival when is done licking his whip wounds??

Yesterday, a commenter named Jestena (I went back and looked) predicted that Mo's midnight maladie would somehow be connected to the deadly virus that GSG is seeking an antidote for. Folks we have a winner!! Guess Mo really was holding that card to the chest when he told Evileva he would not reveal the source or origin of the virus. Looks like he is the incubator himself. oops, Houston we have liftoff. Now didn't real life imitate the TN's here a few months ago with a virulent TB strain getting on a plane in the body of some moron who dodged through Canada so he wouldn't have his very important vacation plans inconvenienced??? Was Mo endangering any other passengers? Who can be sure, he has so many people to menace back at the Hacienda, there may not be time to take off with this plot line. I should mind my own business or start on my own plot for my telenovela, hmmm...
If Azul didn't have the prettiest little face it would be tempting to slap that pout off of her, but the cute whine and mope seem to work for equally mopey Diego and even on Mo who is looking more like the only almost normal adult left standing (except for that pesky underthought that he is somehow a vicious wife killer). This telenovela is FUN and doesn't it beat grammar books to the moon for studying Spanish. Who knew I would be learning important words like: el azote = whip or azotar = to whip.....
 

One time the submarine I was stationed on pulled into San Diego and about six of us guys went to this area downtown like some kind of park, I can't remember the name anymore. But I do remember us going into one of those photo studios where we could dress up like cowboys or whatever and you get a nice sepia-toned "old-fashioned" photo.

Well, the woman running the studio was getting us all arranged for the photo shoot and my friend, Mike, had opted for the Mexican bandito outfit, complete with crossed bandoliers of ammo and a huge sombrero. The photographer looked at him and said, "You need a prop, do you want a whip or a sabre?"

"The whip", Mike replied promptly.

The photographer got the coiled bullwhip and brought it back to Mike and held it out and he laughed and said, "No, don't give it to me, use it on me!"

Just goes to show you can't take sailors anywhere!
 

My college roommate had been in the Navy previous to college, I don't know if I have a single PG rated story I can repeat.
I'm going to claim credit for the Mo having the virus that they are working on a cure for theory, I floated that in my Friday recap. I tend to just have snarky comments rather than interesting theories, so I'm going to claim this one.
I agree with CherylNM - if Azul wasn't so pretty, her pouting would be completely unbearable rather than just 98% unbearable as it stands now.
 

wow..Ferro and Oldman~~~Hub was in the Navy and later the Seabees. Hmmmm... He has told me some stories, but....probably not all of them. Maybe I don't want to know.
 

Ferro94- I went back to reread your able and hilarious recap, and mea culpa, you certainly did lay out the vicious viral threads stringing them right to Mo. I am sure we will learn more tonight and you are probably right again that this will wrap Azul in such guilt she won't be able to leave. Now maybe, just maybe Leo and Andresssss will loan the whip to Diego and Azul so they can while away the hours while Mo and Evileva turn the screws to ScienceDad. Maybe they need the whip for him, or I bet Inez would like to borrow the whip. So doesn't azotaban mean "they whipped for an indefinitely long time"???
 

Words fail me. I do not have enough brain bleach available to wipe out those images of Leo and Andres. Luckily they adjourned to the bedroom (out of camera range) before the hijinks got any further. And now Ceci is saying that she and Andres did not actually do the deed. So what was all that about when he picked her up and kicked the furniture out of the way, Rhett Butler style, on the night of the boutique opening?

I think Furious Scorned Ines was saying that GSD would have to pay (and probably muy caro) for dumping her. Given how scrawny he is and how easily she toppled that furniture, he probably should be very worried right about now.

The reason I think Mo might have something other than a heart problem is that he and Leo were acting way too shady and secretive for something so "normal".

I don't know how I'd get through this depraved novela without the moral support of all your recappers and commentators!
 

Ferro, I'm glad you have the recording on your finicky DVR this time, because this scene is worth watching.
 

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when Vampira attacked our Aahndres! I knew she was scary, but I had no idea how scary she truly could be!

As far as Diego's sleeping arrangements, he rented a room next to Eva's, after telling Mama he couldn't be under the same roof as his desgracia Papa.

Apparently Mo has a case of the mystery germ. If GCSSD doesn't find a cure soon, all Mo's organs are going to fail him. Why do I get the feeling this won't be happening for a long time, if ever?

Just played the Vampira/Aahndres scene for my hubby; it looks even worse the second time around. I bet Aahndres is a believer in bad Karma now.

Great name for Isela; Lily Munster. We now have Morticia working for Lily. Que apropos!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder