Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Destilando 10/20/07 "The Fact that So Many Stupid People are in One Location and I'm Not, Makes Me Smarter by Default"

The title is true..I won't go into the statistics behind it, but trust me, there are only so many people and with all of them on the left side of the bell curve, Well?

Before I go any further…I apologize ahead of time, cause I am way sketchy on any details, I changed hours at work & can’t stay up late. Oh who am I trying to kid? The thrill is gone. I have a serious hate-on for each and every one of the people. With the possible exception of Margarita, Nancy, Elvis & Dani, but Dani you too are skating on thin ice. Get more assertive with your “Special Brother”.

When start out with the whirlwind “Japanese Dinner” at Erika’s fine departmento. The three Geishas are shuffling out in their little wooden shoes and Erika is confused. It’s dinner Erika not Pearl Harbor. She quickly recovers when Dick Slick, better known as Rod comes thru the door. He is quite the charmer. He has a fine bottle of white wine to go with their Sushi or whatever the hell they are eating. Rod slams a couple of wineglasses down on the table and let’s eat drink and merry. There is some flirting back and forth. Once again Erika is the best thing since those little pine air fresheners you hang in cars. I bet Rod has a trunk full of them. Rod is no longer “Timid” around women. Great Swell, this is one for the annuals.

Now for artistic comparison, we see Gavi and Clarita, sitting in their modest apartment, a vinyl tablecloth on the table. This too stokes my Fires of Rod Hatred. Rod is so proud of his Doctor, she is attractive, classy, someone the family would approve of, especially if they got a discount. Gavi is lamenting her suck day to Clarita. Blondie is bound for London, Rod hasn’t called. The entire coven of Brujas are coming to the big CRT Shindig. She tells Clarita how they have to come cause Don Amador is getting some special Dead Guy Award. Tears run in a virtual torrent down Clarita’s face. Now then if that was your mother would you not wonder? Every time his name is mentioned Clarita goes all rainforest on her. I mean sure he was a great boss, he let you cut his Agave. Seriously, like that was the best job you ever had? I guess Gavi is far too depressed to notice, of course I guess each and everytime this has happened for the past four years, Gavi has been too depressed to notice.

Aaron is still day trading, he won’t let anyone leave. I really don’t know what is going on. I guess he was heavily invested in Lettuce futures and there was a report that it was contaminated. Prices are plummeting or maybe he was involved in Hidden Valley and this would have an effect on him? Maybe he was making some kind of alcohol out of lettuce. I am so lost. Anyway he gets to act all pissy and push people around which is fine with me.

Hil comes home to find the buxom SanMama on his couch. She does not hear him come in and he wakes her up. Hil is mad that she is there. She tells him that he is going to be a father, as she in true soap opera form rubs her belly. Hil says he doesn’t believe the kid is his, plus he had to be drunk to do her, plus she smells like a barn. Way Harsh Hil, I am glad to see you too are a bit of an ass. I guess in the next couple of episodes we will get to see Elvis bitch slap Pilar down the steps, really it would be a bad thing kind of.
SanMama says you’ll be sorry. She leaves.

How weird his Mom is sitting on the bed writing a letter to her beloved son. Roman comes in and chides her. They get into it. Roman will never forgive Hil for falling in lust with the Patron’s wife. Ofelia rants at Roman. Now then, why in the hell doesn’t Ofelia take some of that money Roman has been squirreling away for years and hop a bus to the city? Really buses run to Mexico City daily. Shut the Hell up and do something about it.

Rod has further conversation with Erika, she says he still loves Gavi. That roles right off Rod, it does not appear to me that he is thinking of Gavi right now. I’m not really sure what Erika is trying to pull right now, cause she keeps the Gavi thing going, which I don’t get cause hey he is in your house, feeding you sushi, fine wine & he gave you his 4-H trophy. The most Gavi ever got was some free samples of Tequila, some guava juice and her socks knocked off in a crappy island hut. Sorry I forgot about the one of ten thousand silver agave necklace.

Later Rod is at home, terrorizing his NotBaby with some kind of space invader thing, that made loud noise. I think it was for ages 3 and up. Isa comes in and is like How goes it? Rod whips out the bills, like it could be anything else. Rod starts yelling about where in the hell is she spending all this money. Isa takes Rod’s NotBaby and leaves the room.

Erika is talking to I guess her shrink on the phone. She tells him she can’t continue to see Rod cause it is very dangerous. Not cause he is a maniac sociopath, crazed garment sniffin stalking thief, but because he is in love with another woman. Gee your loss move on. Sadly Erika is in love with Rod.

Gavi is in bed crying to herself, Rod has forgotten her. Well yeah Gavi kinda.

Say this would be a good time for a song: What could say it better than Tainted Love
Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
From the pain that you drive into the heart of me
The love we share
Seems to go nowhere
I've lost my lights
I toss and turn I can't sleep at night

Ed….if you get a chance check our Tainted Love on YouTube
The SoftCell Version..it was voted the gayest video of the eighties…wow who knew?

Rod meanwhile tossing and turning he can’t sleep at night, gets Isa all wound up. He starts saying he can’t find Isa’s Pa. He doesn’t return his phone calls and he only pays the interest not the principal. Yeah you gave a huge loan to a chronic gambler. Is it too late to say bad choice. What’s next Rod free Tequila samples at the AA meetings.

Finally Finally it is the next day….

Margarita is talking to Rod, Gee has the CRT called, he asks. “Well no”, says Margarita, “Not since you sent the e-mail telling them to go screw themselves”.

Now we get to see Rod talking to his cell phone..are you happy that I have left you alone.
Gavi talks to her cell phone..just eight numbers..you never call.

Gavi is in talking to Dr. Dull. Blondie is saying that yes he has to go to London, I think the Agave is ripening too early due to global warning. Maybe Blondie the airbag will go to the cooler climes and blow some cool air down. Gavi will be very sorry to see him go. My Gawd this girl so needs a night out. 20 million people in Mexico City, and you are stuck with these two AssHats. Gavi is so desperate she is drinking his coffee. It starts like that, the first couple of cups are free…then

Av* wants to see Dr AssHat in his office, but before he goes he makes some of that could be taken two ways small talk. Insisting she call him Alonso. He leaves and Gavi has that deer in the headlight, muy impacted look. Stop Stop Stop, I have been far too generous with you up until now. Just because a guy isn’t pouring shooters down your throat, admiring your form as you work in his fields & knocking your workboots off under the only shade tree in a hundred miles, does not mean he is not coming on to you. He told you he loved you before he went to Japan, did he stutter?

Av* is rounding up Blondie for a trip to Guadalajara, the only reason I can think of is that Av* wants to commit suicide and just can’t bring himself to do it. Trusting that spending time with Blondie will probably stiffen his spine right up. Anyhow I think this too has to do with the mysterious Global Warming.
Av* asks if Blondie has asks Gavi to throw caution to the wind and run off to London. No he is waiting, waiting to see how she & Rod react when they see each other. Like if a bottle of Tequila was missing and strange noises were coming from the coat room, why the noble Blondie would just raise a cup of java and salute the fates. As if, he’d have his big head right in there, but hey why waste the calories it would burn to ask her a question. He who hesitates is lost.

Roman is dragging a couple of suitcases around the hacienda, Sofie is standing there and gives him instructions. Ofelia is too watch for Frankie’s cell phone bill. James comes in and starts to talk to Sofie, here comes Frankie in his best Tennesse William’s, big southern planter guy white suit. It is time to go to see Granny. Frankie wants to wash the Sulfate crap off his hands. I forgot he was doing a deal with the watered down chemicals earlier with Basilo, who really is not as hawt as I once thought. Just another childish dream of mine shattered. While Frankie is gone, Sofie feels James in on the phone bill idea. What says James, are you not trying to work things out? Aren’t you having his hijo? Sofie answers no it was “Una Falsa Alarma”, how cute is that? “Una Falsa Alarma”, see these people could speak English if they would just try. James is like Yipppppeeee. Frankie comes back down. James gives Sofie a kiss on the cheek before she leaves. Frankie looks all concerned…As If. They leave and young James sits on the steps with a big old “Pleasantville” smile on his face. Sofie isn’t pregnant and it looks like Acacia is a permanent resident at “Loco Acres”, geez could life get any better?

Av* calls Gavi in to meet some artist guy, I have seen him in other TeleNovelas. They have some fine muy magnifico, modern painting to express that Mexico is a totally hip happening place. I think it is part of the Dead Guy party.

Dani meets Elvis and tells him she is tracking down Sperm Doctor, I think he was out of the country and had his appendix out. Please I had mine out two years ago and I was back a work in a week. I was out of the hospital the next day. It is just done with a scope thing now. I would indeed volunteer to grow it back though for the morphine and a paid week off from work.

Isa is on the phone screaming at her Ma trying to track Pa down. She wants him to make good on the debt pronto.

Aaron is still watching the markets..sell sell, no no, suddenly the price of lettuce goes through ceiling, sell sell, Aaron is rich, he is a genius, he makes all his trader slaves clap for him.

Rod & Bruno sit and talk about the state of Agave, the plague is back in the area. Ya think? What till they find out the Hacienda is the epicenter. Oooooopppppsss, leaving Frankie in charge, Bad Rod Decision #482. They want a meeting with Aaron, but he is gone home. Bruno shows his disgust over the day trading.

Aaron runs in and tells Minnie, we’re rich, we’re rich, it’s just like when Jed told Granny about the Texas-T, only Aaron is a lot more snotty and self congratulating, then Jed was when to his and the opossum’s good fortune he missed his shot. Minnie is thrilled. You can see she is proud of her boy, she has a “He is all mine” look on her face.

Clarita, Gavi & Jose (Frankie’s Ma) are sitting around eating some pretty yuck looking food. Whatever it is, they like it. Jose says Frankie doesn’t like food like that. This leads to another argument between Jose & Clarita. Jose got a promotion at work. Gavi says it is Clarita’s birthday tomorrow, Clarita has a funny look on her face, what is it? Oh yeah, now I recognize it, it is the same look I had on my face when I was seven, “I never get nothin good for my birthday”. Gavi says they will go to Jose’s hotel and celebrate & guess what Jose gets to go as a guest. Sweet.

This is all I can stand…Also Hil came to see SanMama at Cassandra of the scary eyebrows, he lamented about Isa. But for the life of me I don’t know what he said. I just didn’t want to go down that road with Benjamin & Mrs. Robinson.

Stay tuned tomorrow for more of the same.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap, beckster. I feel like a traitor because I have lost all interest in these people and their story. Diluting the story definitely did not make it better. I won't like Rod even after he gets back together with Gavi. With no story worth crapola, one begins to notice the people more. Gavi's face is so frozen, she's capable of no emotion. Crying is just water coming out of her eyes. How emotional! Surprise is wide eyes, impactado is wide eyes. Gee, I told Rod to get lost and now he did is wide eyes. She's not real.

Hil looks like he's trying to control a violent impulse when he doesn't like something. Watch out there buddy. (or is that acting angry)

I hope to hold out for the falling anvils. Will it end during Thnaksgiving week?
 

Thanks for an entertaining breakfast, Beckster--much better than watching the show. The other day you mentioned the telenovela rules, and the few I've watched are exactly as you say. So, it begs -- why do the writers do this every time? Are they just uncreative, misogynistic and like to promote violence/cruelty? Or is this what their viewers want to see or expect in their heroes? It would be much more interesting to mix it up a little, like some of our commentators did recently...
jb
 

Hi. You know what. Lety and fern did the same thing in their novela. Lety goes away in this instance. comes back in love with another man and through the rest of the novela, she showed little reactions to fern, other than pity. She told people she loved the other man. She said it with a straight face the entire time. Only fleetingly did she show emtion like smelling ferns jacket. In the end, it was the boyfriend that told her she loves fern. That ending was so bad. I was expecting something romantic. Anyway, later fern goes away and meets someone. It was to show us that both try another beau but still return to each other. Gav had the doctor. Rod left town and comes back in love with Erika. Gav left a few times and an interest sparked, such as the restaurant owner. Now the doctor. What's amazing. Rod will be upset when he sees her with doc. Even without erkika, he sleeps with another woman> DUH Yet he is with someone. Gav will be upset even though she is with the doc whom she knows loves her and who rod knows loves her.
 

Anon07:39
Yep I agree totally, gee can you tell the same writer wrote both TeleNovelas?

I wish the writers would could up with a good anti-hero in one of these TeleNovelas, but no we have to have to Stupid Galan every time.
 

Excellent recap, Beckster , as always. Good choice of lyrics...''once I ran to you...now I run from you.'' By the way, I happened to be reading an article about CBT [Cognitive behaviorial therapy ] which stated that it involves ''working with a trained PROFESSIONAL and focuses on changing the way people think and helping them achieve their goals.'' Hmmm, no where did it mention the trained PROFESSIONAL attempted to do this while wearing frilly pastel chiffon tea party frocks and slamming down tequila shooters. I think Rod should ask for his money back. This novela has stalled. The tires are just spinning. I actually almost felt a little sorry for the conniving, very annoying Sanwanna..she just really wanna wanna get away from the hacienda and live the good life with the studmuffin , but Hil has gone all top modelo . My hatred for Minnie just keeps growing. [I'm pretty sure it's because I still haven't forgiven her for seducing Manuel in his bathtub in Amor Real...some girls just do not fight fair...] The new artist guy is Anibal in ''Amar sin limites.'' Oh , and my choice for an ending is Rod ending up on the hacienda with Beckster and me. We will be doing some Cognitive behaviorial therapy of our own...Rod.... you have no idea. AAron will be in jail with a cellmate named El Guaypo. They will force each other to wear makeup and carve cellphones out of wood to fling at each other and the walls of their teenytiny cell. Minnie and Fedra will be left to care for Pilar after Bruno divorces Fed and Elvis and Dani move to Miami to open a center for the arts for underprivileged kids. Gavi will marry Benni and manage his chain of restaurants . Clarita will be in charge of salads . Isa will be hired as a hostess/waitress. Pammy and Erika will open a little boutique to sell frilly dresses and bathing suits. Hil will take his hard earned cash and buy the hacienda and Roman will finally forgive him when he and Ophelia are sipping tequila on the terrace and watching Frankie working the fields [ I feel that this...ACTUALLY working ...would be a fate worse than death for Frankie]. Sophie and Meester James will take Acacia back to the scene of the crime...I mean her peanut farm...and raise a bunch of little peanut pickers. Dr. Coffee will over caffinate himself after Gavi marries Benni and Av will check him into a rehab facility. THE END
 

As of last week I've stopped watching except for Wednesday (my recap day). I agree, another bunch of idiots now wasting our time until their contracts run out. I love all the alternate endings provided, especially like Susanlynn's idea that actual work is the worst hell Frankie can imagine.

How annoying, they have set all these anvils in place and now they just leave them suspended in air for a few weeks.
 

Beckster: Great recap - I'll be lauphing over it all day. I don't have the self-restraint that some of you experienced watchers have - I'm still addicted to this silly novela. From lower Alabama.
 

This is the first time I have come toward the end of a telenovela with the CarayCaray gang with Destilando being only my second TN. My very first TN was Alborada which obviously set my standards way, way too high for quality control. I can remember being frustrated with the main love story being played as an old shell game or worse the football scene between Lucy and Charlie every fall. However, in Destilando the characters and the plot line are not as wonderful and no one but no one has the abs of Fernando. How to hang in there until the plot writers start sprinting to the finale? Thanks to Beckster for a wondeful recap, as always it is funnier and more entertaining than the episode itself. I guess that is how we hang in to the bitter end.
It was kind of a relief to see Aaron ranting all night. And the demand for applause was precious. Looks like he escaped doom and bankruptcy with another trick, better than Ricardo seems to be doing. He won't even show is face yet.
Hilario pleased me when he didn't fall for SanWhine's crocodile tears, I'm glad he is finally talking about his affair with Isa, just maybe word will get around the Montalvo circles...
I am also glad that Anibal gets to show up as an artist extraordinaire in DA. I think he is sweet and sexy for an older man but hey I'm older too so what! Gaviota is being way too tearful too. She and SJ must be being paid by the bucketsful of tears. I'm glad (which is a lot better than how MAD I was on Friday after a week of buggery) that Sofie isn't preggers by old Francofile but then sweet old Jose might end up with 2 nietos to raise after these people all run off to some beach resort leaving her with the kids. Beckster your humor is the best.
Amen.
 

Thanks for the recap. Rodrigo should cut Isa's access to the money, if he's so bothered by her shopping habits. I'm sure there's a dumb reason he won't.

Anon 7:39 - agree with comparison to LFMB, but I'd rather watch Fernando than Rodrigo.

Aron was chewing the scenery and providing the only fun last night.
 

I am wondering about the significance of Aaron's big market win last night. I know he said something about a rumor - maybe the rumor was part of a trap Pammy's dad is setting up for Aaron. It'd be nice to get him on something other than insider trading, though.

Susanlynn, I love your idea to have Aaron and El Guapo carve cell phones and throw them at each other. (The El Guapo from Heridas would have been perfect, but unfortunately I believe he shot himself.) I believe the traditional medium for this type of prison artwork is soap, though - not wood. Sudsy shower fun!

Alternatively, after getting hit by a pie truck, Aaron could be reincarnated as a prop cell phone on a telenovela set.
 

And the tedium goes on and on and I can find nothing redeeming in most of the characters. Beckster is right about the galan stupidity in novelas although back 9 or 10 year ago when I first got involved that wasn't always so. Yes, they sometimes got led around by their mothers or lying rivals but you always had the feeling there were brains in the beautiful heads. Not so any longer just make um brawnier and dumber and everyone keeps watching.

One thing about the historicals - they are always beautiful to watch and the moronic leads don't always seem to be as stupid as their modern counterparts but they are annoying and unlovable in their own way. I'm ducking here but I never saw Luis as very heroic in Alborada right from his first appearance and never bought into the main love story but watched the secondary story's riveted by the talent of the actors.

Anyway we do need a good change back to a pretty historical and then we can gripe about how inaccurate they are LOL.

Down with the coven, snarky meester James, the FF, crying Clairta and annoying Jose, block head Rod, frozen faced Gavi, bland Blondie, too big for his britches Hil, clingy SJ but keep on going phone abuser Aron because he does bring manical relief to the endless blather of everyone else.
 

How sad it all is. I remember just afew short weeks ago I was crowing about what a great story this was, how fast the hour flew, how we loved the relationship between Rod and Gavi and now look ---all ashes.
I still think Rod deserves to try to make love to swishy Erika and find our he can't make the grade with anyone but Gavi. THAT would be
comeuppance. (No pun intended.)
I watched "Alborada" over the weekend and again was enthralled with the class that show had, not to mention Luis, Felipe, their horses, oh, and yeah, Lucero.
 

Oh, I love it! Alice suggested Rod TRYING to make love to Ericka and not being able to. Shoot, I'd start watching again big time. Something to hope for.
 

Guess I'll skip watching the novela the rest of this week and dive into my unopened "Alborada" dvds.
I've never seen "Alborada" - what am I waiting for?
 

Anya^^^Open up those Alborada dvds. You are in for a big treat. I loved that telenovela [my first]. Have you seen ''Amor Real''? If not, that should be next on your list...my second fav. I think I'll rewatch !!!
 

Thanks, Beckster (and Aaron) for the only fun coming from DA last night. So sad that this show is now a big puddle of stupidity, just swirling around and around. The only thing to look forward to are whatever revelations come with the reading of the will. And maybe the Montalvo brujas getting slapped down when they try to mess with the Tequila Council's big shindig. And possibly Aaron exploding in a fit of apoplexy and scattering cell phone bits all over the DF.
 

Oh Beckster, You are great! I did not watch yesterday it seems I did not miss a thing. Speaking of old novelas; did anybody here see CORAZON SALVAJE? I loved Eduardo Palomo and I loved the story line, also Amor real...Those were real stories that gave you enough to be satisfied and always asking for more. Anyway at least the "ultimos capitulos" is showing and we are closer and closer to Fernando Colunga.
 

I know what happens to Aaron..
 

Susanlynn..
Well I thought about it & you can have Rod, No Really I insist, but I want to live at the hacienda. So I still get a pink Vespa, plus I am going to hook up with one of those Jimador Union guys. So he better be on Big Rod's payroll & yes we will actually put the poison on the plants.

I also must have full rights to all Sofie torture.
 

Muchisimas gracias, Beckster! I appreciate the laughs at the end of a hard day toiling in my own agave fields (ok, actually a securities brokerage firm, and without the most excellent trading skills of Aaron).
 

Beckster !!! I am impactada !!! Deal or no deal ???? DEAL !!! And I agree to all of your terms. You may have several or all the jimadors and full rights to any Sophie-baiting activities. I plan to straighten Rod right out. I'm not a psychologist nor do I play one on TV, but I do have a few frilly frocks, I smell pretty good most of the time and I did have an educational psych class in college and learned 2 phrases [because the prof said them several times in every 3-hour class each week.. my roomie and I always kept a running total]...''behavior modification'' and ''individual approach''. Up until now, I haven't had many opportunities to use these 2 buzzwords , but I intend to use them in my intervention techniques with Rod....if I can figure out what they mean. [My professor never really explained them...he just said them a lot.] Wish me luck , and feel free to ride my palomina [Tequila Sunrise] or drive my red Mustang convertible Sally anytime. Do you play pinocle??? If so, we can play partners..you, one of your jimadors, Roddy, me. This will be quite a challenge , but I'm up to it. I used to have detention hall after school with 30 guys and no weapons. Rod, get ready for some tough love.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder