Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Destilando Amor, Tues October 2: where Aron manages once more to spread his venom

Sorry, but due to a previous commitment and a Cable Box error which failed to record the novela, I missed the first 12 minutes. Please feel free to fill in...


Minnie and Aron are on the phone while He's in his hotel room. Minnie is upset at Aron; she needs him back right away. They hang up. Aron, to himself: Minnie, you're making me tired. In that, a blond chick comes out in her towel, Aron says sorry babe, I gotta go back to Mexico tomorrow. She says well, it's not too late we can still have fun tonight. A: one thing amorcito: you can't be loud when the phone rings, ok?? besito besito besito...

At her apartment, Isa is with Fran....she's going to put on some music and get the champagne that's been chillin especially for this occasion. Fran doesn't want Champagne, but rather a glass of Red Wine. He chooses a high quality Bordeaux wine,"splendid for love"... They kiss passionately

Clarita and Gaviota are talking about Doctor Coffee. Gavi mentioned how talked about her in a very nice way in front of people. Clarita believes this is the doctor's way of letting her know he's in love with her. Gavi thinks no, he was being professional. Then, we hear a Mariachi serenade... Gavi feels its her gorgeous Rod... she's runs to the window, and is quickly disappointed to find out its dr Coffee.... [hmmmm...at least dr coffee is a better singer than Rod :) ] Back to Clarita: hija! you STILL don't get it?? He's in love with you!!!

Then we see Rod drive in with his own band in the car...they get out..

Gavi, back on her bed, looks uniterested in peeking out of the window. Clarita convinces her to go outside and take a peek... they see Rod arrive with a banda grupera....great, now we have both Dr Coffee AND Rod singing... thank goodness I can mute the TV. Looks like neither one is willing to give up, as Clarita and Gavi watch in amazement, and manage to shake their booties left and right for a tidbit.

Gavi: Ma, they're going to drive me nuts!!! She goes back in the room. Rod calls after her. Dr Coffee, angry in defeat, walks into the complex and pays the musicians. He looks mad "I need a drink".

Outside, after the music stops...we see Aron applauding Rod with a loud 'Bravooo!!". R: now what do you want. A: Talk to you. Rod, reluctantly to the band: ok guys, you can leave.


Upstairs, Clarita is sad that they're not playing anymore...she wants to go outside. Gavi says no...

Rod and Aron are downstairs by the pool, discussing Mariana and Dr Coffee. Aron tries to brainwash Rod: I have proof to let you know that they spent time together in Manzanillo. We all saw how Santovena was in Gaviota's room putting a necklace around her neck. His luggage was in there too... I'm telling you the truth!! Get her out of your head!! They push each other into the pool...fighting under water, punching above water, back under.... POW...PAAAAAH!!...SWOOF!!

Gavi and Clarita are having memories of when some guy (Don Jorge??) serenaded some lady sometime around the 50's... for some reason this gets Gavi enraged and she goes downstairs to give those 2 a good shake...

Back outside, Rod gets out of the water and Aron yells at him calling him estupido.

Now, at the bar, a wet Rod and Santovena are drinking. There comes Gavi, to 'Thank' them leaving Clarita yelling 'como asi???'. Right before Gavi gets there, Rod goes: Doctor, I'm tired of this. Santovena: me too! Rod: oh really?? And what about you being in her room in Manzanillo??? Gavi gets there just in time to partake in the conversation. Rod complains to her and Dr Coffee about the famous midnight call and luggage in Mariana's room. R: What's that supposed to mean?? Now you're gonna say you also have an explanation for that??!! Gavi: Yes there is an explanation, but I'm not going to give it to you, because I don't need to explain to you why I do anything that I do!! I'm sick and tired of this! You're both playing with my emotions all day!! I want to live like a normal person and I cannot do it!! That's it, you used up my patience!! Rod: no worries, I'm tired too, and I'm starting to believe what everyone is saying and it's not worthed! I swear I'll leave you both alone. It's over. OVER!!! He leaves.... And with this, we are exposed to the beginning of a long biased battle, based on a lie, infused by a third person, believed by Rod, unexplained by Mariana, and misunderstood by the rest of the telenovela world. *sigh*


Gavi and Alonso, are at the bar. Alonso apologizes to Gavi; she goes back upstairs.

Aron is in his room with the blond chick; the phone rings, it's an angry Minnie. [Just wondering, does Minnie have any other expression in this novela?? ]. Aron: Amorcito, I just got in a fight with Rod. We ended up in the pool, that imbecile almost killed me for his dumb Gaviota.

Clarita and Gaviota are in their room... G: today has been the worse day ever!! No ma, Rod crossed the line, we can't continue like this. Beyond the emotions I feel when I see him, he makes me anxious!! I need him to leave me alone...

In the middle of the agave's, Rod parks his car and fiercely walks out with tears rolling down his cheeks. He then runs as he cries. R: Gavi!! I swore this to you and I will fulfill my promise this time. This is the end of this story, this is the end of the Rod that made you suffer. You don't know how much I hate you; on this land our love began, and here it will die. Maldita Gaviota!!! Wherever you are, Malditaaaa!!!

Elvis and Dani are talking; Dani assures him that he's the only one for her and that he need not be jealous of Dr Coffee. She gets a phone call.... for a while, we can only hear heaving breathing coming from the other line. In a dark, lonely room...Rod is crying: you need to come for me; I need to free myself from the ghost of Gaviota!!! You need to come for me, someone needs to get her out of my heart and soul!! Please, help me, I cannot make it by myself. Dani, crying, asks him to tell her what happened. Rod thinks Gavi and Santovena are together. Dani: Rod, Gavi told me the truth. Alonso's stuff were in her room only because Alonso went to congratulate Gavi and that's when Aron came. Rod: Dani, I know, but i don't want to follow her anymore. Yesterday was the worst day of my life; I embarrassed myself, she doesn't want me!! Dani!! I'm falling in an endless loop and see no way out! Maybe you're right when you say I'm going crazy!! Dani!! D: Rodri, please relax!!! But Rod cries inconsolably saying "God, please take her out of me!!". --Wow, hats off for Rod, he's convinced me!!!

Tomorrow:

- Sofie finds Fran's handkerchief at Isa's house...
- Gavi tells Clarita that Rod doesn't love her....
- Dani calls the one and only psychiatrist in Mexico, Erica...
- Erica and Rod agree to meet for a consultation

Labels:


Comments:
I liked Erica's promise that she'll be able to pick Rod out of a crowd: "Don't worry, I know a loco when I see one!"

I was in another room during the Rod/Aaron fight. I thought I heard Aaron say something about "inseminacion." I thought, oh no!!! All my predictions shot to hell!! But no, I came back and replayed the scene, it was "humiliacion." Phew!

Of course, if Sofia busts Isa and Frankie before Rod busts Frankie for cheating on the fungicide, my prediction's still shot to hell. But maybe Isa will have a perfectly plausible explanation for Frankie's hanky, and the hanky-panky can continue a while longer. :)
 

It was great to see the legend Don Pedro Infante in an old flick recalled by Clarita. His version of "Dos Arbolitos" still makes me cry. It wasn't so great to hear Aaron refer to Gaviota as "esa ramera." Big time insulto.
 

Thanks Tash for a great summary. The beginnings are always a rehash, so I can't think of anything new or different that happened in those lost minutes. I was muy dissapointed that Aaron started injecting gullible Rod with his venom again. I was happy to see Gavi finally get sick of Rod's jealousy. I was dissapointed at Dr Coffee's continued romantic interest in Gavi. He tries to cover up his romantic interest in her by pretending to be merely the concerned and appreciative boss. After Gavi had excused herself for the night, he had a lot of nerve allowing the group to go to her window and sing. I'm glad that Rod finally realizes that he has a problem and is willing to seek help. I've had enough of the short lived romantic encounters that always result in long periods of fighting and miscommunication. A different twist to the storyline is long overdue.
 

Thanks for the recap. "The infamous hotel nite", I gotta say if my husband was on a business trip with some woman and I knew she had a crush on him and then she picked up the phone in his room at midnight, well. Yeah, I mean we know they are innocent, but howcome everytime Sofie or Minnie believe Frankie or Aaron, we say idiots, same difference.

I am way tired of Gavi playing the Dr Blondie just likes me as a working person. Please she knows he has the hawts for her.

Rod I still worship the ground you cry on.
 

I still worship the ground Rodrigo cries upon as well. Maybe it's that long-ago witch's spell that's what's sending him over the edge. Or maybe it's a forgotten childhood trauma as he seems to have serious abandonment issues. I'm hoping Erica can help him! It was really painful to watch him suffering like that. It isn't helping that Gavi is in total denial about Dr. Blondie's obsession with her. Maybe he'll come clean and she'll realize that Rodrigo wasn't being completely paranoid. As I've witnessed this kind of scenario before it's all so real.
 

Thanks Tash!

I had a really hard time understanding Rod between his blubbering and my cringing at his complete loss of grip on his emotions. I'm looking forward to some soothing calm from Erica and hopefully more interesting developments in other plot lines.

I assume we will see more of Alonso's "smooth" moves though since Rod may be temporarily backing away from Gavi.
 

I have to agree that Rod's scenes were cringe worthy. I also had little patience for the teary eyed Dr. in the bar. I guess he is hurt too, but compared to all the crap that Rod/Gavi have gone through..Dr.Blondie is like love3.0, love lite, or just really tearing up cause he is do incrediably boring & simply has nothing better to do. Hey look I am involved, see I have a tear.
 

A cringe worth episode all around but a couple of points to Rene and Eduardo for having the nerve to at least try to sing. Than God for the Mute button. I wanted to feel sorry for Rod but O simply couldn't. He has brought all this crap on himself. Finally Gavi reaches the point I would have months (years) ago. He ain't making me anything but miserable it's time to cut my losses and RUN.

Erica hmmmm is this going to be Rod's Carloca?
 

I don't think the good Dr would have done that serenade on his own - remember he was egged on to do it by the visiting VIPs which he has to keep happy to keep his job and then they all bailed out on him the last one getting ready to puke from drinking too much tequila --- since he had already gotten the musicians he couldn't very well just send them away --- I actually thought his group was much nicer for a serenade than Rod's large and loud banda --
 

It could be worse. Rodrigo could drunk-drive himself to Acapulco, pick a fight with some bigger (yeah, I realize they'd have to be freakin' huge) guys in a bar, and let them beat him to within an inch of his life. And then Gaviota, on a pseudo-date with Dr. Blondie, could obliviously step over his battered body as he lay bleeding in the restaurant lobby, not even recognizing him.

Because that was so hilarious when it happened in LFMB. :-(
 

Yeah, Molly, el Dr. Cafe definitely had the classier and smoother serenade. Maybe because he is the classier and smoother galan. He deserves a beautiful, bookish city girl.
 

Anybody who's been in Mexica a lot know how much it costs to rent a band for a serenada? I'm thinking it's a pretty pricey detalle, no?
 

At least $10 (american) bucks a song, plus the cab fare!

Mariachi is nice, but personally, I prefer the banda... it's in my sangre de rachera, plus it's the road (song) less taken...

Great job, Tasha!
 

Thanks for the recap. I guess Rod will see the female shrink because..he so's macho? Hmmm...
Shades of "Duelo" here - will the shrink fall in love with her patient? And Rod is a much more deserving than Don Crazy in Duelo was.

Dani is the most sane person in the Montalvo clan, and they all think she's the nut. Ha!

I felt very sorry for Rod and his pain. Boy, he can really do the raw ugly cry-howl. Still, I agree with Julie that Fer in Acapulco, trying to get killed was far worse.

I hope Sofie doesn't fall for Isa worming her way out of having Frankie's "panuelo". This should be fun.
 

Hmmm...Even I , Rod's most ardent, staunch, and steadfast admirerer have to say that his meltdown was disturbing. My cousin Kathy was a habitual liar. I caught on to this fact by about the age of 12 and took everything she said with a grain of salt. Having grown up with that sneaky snake AAron, Rod should realize that he is a big liar with a broken moral compass. [''No, Roddy, That's MY candy...I already ate yours.''] Geez. I did enjoy the underwater rumble, and I especially enjoyed the 2 swift punches that we got to see from Rod's perspective. Hit him again , Big Boy. But the crying fit, the trip to the Tree de Amor, and the midnight call to Dani was weird. Get a grip , Rod. Do you think that Gavi is now going to become jealous of Dr. Erica ??
 

Thanks Alma for the mariachi info. $10 doesn't seem bad at all for a group of guys in matching outfits with instruments plus talent. I was guessing well over $100...
 

Question here since I missed the night of the Hotel. All Blondies stuff was in Gavi's room. Right? So Aaron didn't lie about this right? Dr. did come to her room cause he is enamoured with her, but he is too polite, a gentleman or nerd whatever to make a move. See I do think Rod has a right to be jealous, but only cause Gavi treats acts like Rod is an idiot, cause for once he is spot-on. Dr. Blondie does want to open her bottle of Ardent Passion.

And yes, I am sure in true TeleNovela form the hot shrink, will totally fall in love with Rod. If the shrink isn't hawt, then they just give the patient a free pass. Think of how many examined Joseyn in Mundo.
 

Beckster^^^About the hotel scene that AAron keeps pushing in Rod's face...In the morning, Dr.Blondie goes to Gavi's room with his suitcase . Naturally the door is open , and AAron sees the good doctor with his suitcase next to him putting the agave necklace on Gavi [that would be ''Agave Necklace Numero Uno'']. Of course, AAron surmises that they have spent a noche de amor together and starts spreading the news.
 

Rod's breakdown was too much for me. I was waiting for the medics to take him away and put him in the room next to our catatonic Acacia. Or, waiting for him to find another building to set on fire.
The dueling serenades were just a waste of good music--I would have loved hearing each one alone. I'd still like to know if a musical group for a serenade has to be dressed and on call for any love-crossed fool who needs them. Or if you have to reserve their services in advance.
The pool punchout between the two primos was good action. Loved seeing Aaron take a couple of hard hits.
 

Susanlynn..
Many thanks so it actually did sound like a duck and walk like a duck..but for once on this show it wasn't a duck? Hmmmmmm
 

Thanks, Tash for another great summary. Pretty much the only other thing not mentioned here is Rod scoping out the hotel in his truck after dinner and secretly following Alonso and the last guest through a couple of alleys to hire the mariachis. That's when he got the idea to hire some himself.

I was thinking during that serenada fiasco that this was a real "beckster cringe-worthy" moment. Then Hubby spoke up during that scene (before Alonso said it to himself 2 minutes later in the bar) saying that it was as classless a thing as a man could do, forcing the issue with a second group of mariachis like that. Hubby is really into this macho-mania thing.// That crying scene of Eduardo's in the end was just so realistic and so well done. He deserved two premios I'm thinking!
 

So, everyone seems to think that Rod breaking down and boo hooing like a baby was cute? The man has a drinking problem and a jealousy problem. Sorry, until he gets a grip on his emotions and his drinking, he's not my type of man.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder