Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fuego #21 - Record company promo night

Lots of singing tonight from our two musical stars. Of course I don't at all mind Ninel Conde's 'singing' (what, there was sound?), but even more surprising was that I enjoyed listening to old woodenface Pablo Montero as well. Maybe that style of music, like the theme song, is growing on me. Can anyone tell me what that style is called? Ranchero? I'm clueless except for a few types I don't like, like reggaeton (bleah) and whatever that style is that has like 10 accordians per band.

For some reason no captions tonight, so I had to wing it. I think I did ok for the most part, I must be learning something.

Juan's brothers ask him how their parents died. Ok, they are all 40 years old. This hasn't come up before? NEVER? Juan tells the story of how the Giant Sombrero Gang came into the house and his mother hid him under the bed, holding baby Libia I think, and the Giant Sombrero guys killed his parents right in front of him. During the telling of the story Oscar looks teary and sad, Franco looks exactly like he always does. Little Juan, who at age 8 or 10 or whatever already had his bad taste in shirts, put the other kids in the back of a wagon and they rode off to safety. Also, conveniently, there are some documents somewhere that reveal the truth about everything. Ah precious long lost documents. How would we get through a novela without you. I wonder if they are kept in a cave by a witch and her brain damaged son in a cofre that glows green when you open it even though it just has papers in it. Back in the present, the brothers vow to get their hacienda back. So Hacienda Augustin is really Hacienda Reyes? I didn't catch how that happened. Or is Hacienda Reyes somewhere else? I confess that I haven't been keeping up with the comments each day, perhaps you talked about this already. I don't ever watch this show, I can't make myself like it, I end up reading the whole week's recaps in a hurry just to write my episode on Tuesday. I feel like I'm neglecting the community here, I hope you all don't hold it against me. I just can't get into this show.

Gramps and Eva are happy about some ambush plan they have put together.

Crabiela (Gabriela, who is very crabby) and Feonando (Ugly Fernando) put their plan in motion - she acts sick while Feo tells Sofia that she's dying. Sofia is stupid and falls for it immediately, even though these are the two people in the world that cause her problems. Think about it - outside of these two, even just the stuff she knows about, nobody gives Sofia any trouble at all. Nobody. She even gets hot lovin' from Juan and sympathy from the preacher. She should do everything she can to get away from these two, instead she stupidly believes whatever they tell her. Feo leaves the room so Crabiela can whine to Sofia.

Outside Eva greets an arriving doctor. Hey didn't I read this all yesterday? We're 10 minutes into the show, is this still repeat?

Crabi tells Sofia she has done everything for her (Sofia) own good. I did read this yesterday! Don't we have enough repeated conversations without having to repeat half of yesterday's episode? Crabi lays a guild trip on Sofia and asks her to do something for her. Sofia, who is stupid, says "anything mother, anything." She has apparently never ever watched TV (do they have TV in this town? No cell phones, the only electricity I see used is for lights) since she blunders blindly into this trap. Crabi even asks her twice, huge red flag, "Anything????" Sofia is dumb and says yes anything. Of course Crabi wants her to get to boffing with Feonando.

Some guy declares his love to some girl. This must be TweedleDum or TweedleDee from yesterday, one who Crabi wants to marry one of the girls. Then we see the other Dum declaring his love to some other GUY! I guess he really isn't interested in the girls.

Eva's doctor enters the room, Crabi freaks out and says no, she only wants her doctor! Of course, since nothing is wrong with her.

The lady who burnt up her face in the bakery is praying while music indicating 'comedic moment' plays. The guys come in and she tells them she tried to make some bread, Oscar freaks and runs to the other room, he pulls a burnt box of burnt cash out of the oven. These guys are all idiots. He hid cash in the oven. He says "well nobody stole it did they?" Unbelievable. Juan is in there naked every night anyway, wtf? Maybe he saw how Juan could put his entire head and torso into the oven while baking and thought the money would be safe there anyway.

Eva's doctor leaves, completely unaware that he was being used. Sofia continues to fall for the charade, she cries with Sarita in the hallway.

Crabi's pet doctor yells at her for having another doctor here, he could get in trouble for his lies! She says it wasn't her doing and then she gives him a stack of cash to shut him up.

The burnt face lady keeps going on about being sorry about the burnt money. Finally Oscar gives her a kiss, she passes out and he shoves her down the hall. The other two brothers laugh at him. I think I might have missed something from this scene, it didn't all quite make sense.

Crabi's pet doctor says that Crabi is so fragile, nobody should upset her. How convenient. Gramps says he doesn't know this doctor, but Feo steps in and says he knows him, they are good friends and he's a good doctor. Sure he is.

TweedleDum and TweedleDee sweet talk their girl and guy, respectively.

Eva tells Crabiela that she talked to the priest and told him everything about everything. What's going on in the house, her missing daughter, etc. Then she said she saw woman there who doesn't know her mother. She asks if her daughter still lives in town.

Mustache guy with a gun, Feo's sidekick, bursts into Rosario's room (Hello, Rosario! Hello, rest of Rosario! At least this week I get a little eye candy) and tells Rosario to stay away from Franco. Franco must have been standing outside, because he bursts in and puffs his chest at mustache guy. Pretty weak chest puffing though, as there is still enough room between the two men for Rosario to fit her enormous boobs in the space between them to keep them apart. She tells Franco to leave to avoid trouble. He does, but only because she said to, not the mustache guy. Franco stands outside the Bad Love Bar now, with the sombrero strap under his nose as is the style in this town. Rosario starts singing Bombon Assassin AGAIN (well it's ok, keep up the good work Rosario!) and outside mustache guy and Franco creep around and manage to find each other where they embrace passionately... just kidding, novela rules clearly stipulate only one gay couple per show. They find each other and Franco beats him up.

Eva asks again if her daughter still lives in town. Crabi says 'maybe', trying to be coy, Eva says ok then I know who she is!

Back to the bar where Rosario in her nice tight short skirt is actually starting a different song, she also has booty shaking backup dancers who were obviously not hired for their dancing, they are horrible. The stage here is shaped like the stage at a strip club (uh I've heard) so these ladies look like they should be more familiar with the surroundings. Some drunk guy in the audience goes crazy with lust for Rosario's boot and grabs it, two guys in big sombreros who must be bouncers grab him and drag him to the front to throw him out. There they see mustache guy all bloodied up, they drag him backstage, Rosario sees this all happen.

Juan is again baking shirtless. I hope he checked the oven for cash before he lit the fire. He sees some pan dulce he baked earlier sitting on the counter and starts getting horny for Sofia.

Feo is telling Sofia to come back to their room, Crabiela says so! To her credit, she says no, she can't. I can't believe it, she actually didn't go through with agreeing with Crabi's request. Shocking! Normally the novela rules dictate all deathbed requests/oaths of vengeance must be fulfilled but in this show we have now seen both of those things tossed aside since the people involved are hot to trot with each other. She tells Feo that she can never love him, she has explained so many times before (we know, we've seen most of those times in the last month).

Some cool background music plays as Juan rides his horse to go see Sofia. Outside of the comical music, most of the music on this show has been excellent. Bombon Asesino has its own special charm too. When seen performed live I mean.

Franco is still moping over the charred money when Franco comes home. They talk about how Juan is so awesome for saving them way back when. They must help him get back the hacienda! I know, says Oscar, you'll sing! First he says we, then just Franco. He'll be the manager, taking 70%. Franco says 50/50 and Oscar has no choice and he agrees.

Crabiela and Feo come out of a James Bond movie by telling all their secrets and plans to each other out loud, if only Gramps was around eavesdropping we'd all be spared a couple months of watching this.

Sofia tells her empty room that she hates Feo and loves Juan. "Yo amo a Juan Querendon!" she says. Not really. Just Juan. Juan keeps riding his horse. Sofia daydreams about making out with him. Juan arrives outside, hitches the horse, then slings knotted rope over his shoulder and approaches the house. He looks around like he's sneaking, but he's in the middle of a floodlit front yard and his horse his hitched to a lamppost right in the front there. Verrry sneaky Juan. Great job. He throws the rope over Sofia's balcony, climbs up, and starts making out with her. She of course is glad to see him.

Somehow Franco and Oscar have gotten a band together and gotten a client already in the time it took Juan to ride to the hacienda. Franco is singing to some girl on a balcony while her nervous suitor stands next to Franco holding roses. As I said before, I am a bit taken aback at how much I enjoy hearing the song. I hate his acting so much I wasn't ready for that, but he's a great singer. At least to me, I don't have deep experience in this music, but it sure sounds good. In the background, Oscar smiles and counts money. Somehow Sarita knows he's singing I guess, taking this moment to moon over Juan and write him a love letter.

Juan and Sofia profess love to each other, Juan presses her to dump Feo. Just then Feo knocks on the door and wants to come in. Sofia wants Juan to leave, but he puffs his chest out and wants to stay and confront Feo. Finally with a hundred kisses she backs him out the window, just before Feo crashes in. She says she was getting air. He starts yelling about how he needs her to perform her wifely duties. Eventually he leaves and runs into Gramps in the hall, who he accuses of spying. Gramps says "Spying? I live here!" Juan is still outside on his horse, he shares a smile with Sofia before saying "Para Siempre" as that same song plays, then he rides off. Man I love that song.

Juan runs to Libia's grave and thanks her, I guess for keeping him from doing something bad to Sofia, he's so in love. He says he has her favorite bread, then eats half of it before leaving the rest there and running off.

Oscar splits the money with Franco. Looks like a lot, the client didn't seem to be rich. They are happy with the business so far.

Rosario is in a yellow bodysuit covered in sparkly things. Where would you buy something like that? Anyway it's really tight so that part is good. She tells Feo and mustache guy that if anything happens to her kid she will tell Feo's wife everything!

Franco and Oscar are at home in their underwear oh my god Oscar is wearing black jockeys my eyes my eyes. He asks jeez please put on some pants he asks Franco if Crabiela will really marry the girls off to those homos. Yes, he used a word insinuating gayness. If he only knew that on one count he was right. I may have missed some of this conversation, the child size underwear on these two was making me really understand my pregnant wife's nausea. I guess it's fair after how much of Rosario's boobs and butt we've seen today but gah please can we just stick to Juan baking topless.

Oscar and Frano thankfully have put on clothes and are at the hacienda singing. I guess the band didn't have anything better to do and were hanging around together all dressed up... with their instruments... yeah. Franco's horse is very jumpy but his voice sounds smooth, just like a CD! Wow, how does he do that! Sarita recognizes his voice and is impactada when she peeks out and sees him there. I didn't get it, was he there to sing to her, or to sing to Jimena on Oscar's behalf?

Gramps sees them out his window and is pleased. Sarita continues to enjoy the show. Sofia sees Feo pull up in his truck behind the band, then Rosario pulls up in her car right behind him, he asks what she's doing there. I'm sure he must have spotted her before now, driving right behind him at night with her headlights on. Crabiela walks out the front door to see what's going on, is there a circus? Hey - I thought she was dying? Here she is walking around just fine. Rosario tells Feo that she's there to tell Sofia everything (if something or other? is she there for some other reason but will tell if she doesn't get her way? I think I missed something here). Feo whispers to shut up he'll take care of whatever. Seeing Rosario arrive, Sarita starts crying and runs into her room, slams the window shut, and tears up the love letter she wrote to Franco. Franco wants to know why Rosario is here, too.

Tomorrow: no idea, since Univision was running a couple minutes late I think and my recording ended before the preview. Or maybe they extended the show (there was no opening theme song tonight either) to fit in that all important 15 minutes from the end of yesterday's show.

On another note - I saw in the new issue of TV y Novelas that Heridas de Amor will be available on DVD soon! Why would anyone buy that! I mean, really! Maybe if they had an "all scenes with Pamela only (except for also all scenes where the girls were swimming in bikinis)" version it would be worth it, but otherwise no. See you next week everyone! If anyone wants to alternate weeks with me, let me know. I'm in school twice a week for the next 12 months and I really don't want to burn out, especially on this show that drives me crazy.

Labels:


Comments:
Chris, This novela is so bad that I haven't watched it more than 10 minutes total & have only read the blog for it twice, both times being Tuesdays. Thanks for making me laugh through the pain each time. You're hysterical.
 

Ahh, Ferro, a fine bit of humor to this silly script. Thanks so much for your efforts. But I am definitely hooked and I bet the fine actors and singers in this are cutting up on the set all the time. I just hope they are being paid well enough to laugh all the way to the bank. I actually watched the mother show of this the Gavilanes where at least the actors are more age appropriate. The Gabi character is nearly as severe but not nearly as nasty. The big change for me is that Grandpa is definitely the best and funniest here on Fuego. So in summary, I guess I think this telenovela is so bad, I just have to watch it every day to see what they will throw at us next.

The singing is good, I agree. Franco has a beautiful voice. Rosario has beautiful skin and shows plenty of it and of course, Juan and his million dollar smiles is always a pleasure.
 

Thanks for a funny, funny recap. It seems you are pretty much caught up for not watching this novela every night....maybe because not much happens.

I admit I am confused as to why so much does not make sense. Is it intentional or not? Anyway, it's frustratingly laughable.

Like Ferro mentions:

Why does Juan wait until now to tell his brothers the family history? And wouldn't they remember a little? How did these orphans survive?

Why doesn't Juan hide his horse if he is sneaking around to see Sofia? I did like the thousand kisses.

Why o why is Oscar wearing skimpier undies (a thong?) Though, thankfully, it was in black.

How can Oscar and Franco assemble a band in seconds, not just once, but twice like magic? Franco is growing on me.

Why is an oven a good place to hide money? Well, actually in my house it might be a good place.

Why am I still watching this show? Because is strange, funny and a little bit insane and because Juan and Sofia have good chemistry.

G in CA
 

Hee Hee Hee very good recap, damn I was busy typing Guapos and didn't look up during the black thong scene. Yeah like a train wreck, you have to look.

My husband and I did get quite the laugh out of the painful, Yankees burnt Tara recollection from 40 years ago. Well Juan has been busy, what with baking and dry lusting for 40 years. We really howled when Ernesto appeared as the dead dad.

Oh yeah that and the scene of the mystery flower in the tomb, ummmm look I brought you a fine pan. Yes I combed it first.
 

Ferro: Thank you for the fun recap.

At least we now know why Pablo Montero is in this novela - it needed someone who could sing. What a genius Oscar is to think of putting his "brain" and his brother's voice in a mariachi band. To top it all off, he's such a good manager that they have more gigs than they can handle. If he just hadn't put the cash in the oven, we'd be saluting him.

Oscar with his clothes off again. What on earth has made the producers think that we want to see him almost nekked? It's comedic.

Juan has dropped another clue on us - one of the bad guys who killed his parents had a laugh that sounded like a cackle. Coincidentally, somewhere in this episode we hear Feo's sidekick, the creep with the mustache laugh, and lo and behold, it sounds like a cackle. Could it be him? It's hard to buy, but Juan is supposed to be in his twenties - so the age difference could be there in fiction land. But, now we have to find someone wearing the belt with the snake buckle.

Like Cheryl NM, I'm hooked on this horror. I don't care how bad it gets, it's still good. There is no witch (yet) with a glowing cofre, but there is the ghost of Libia past with an incandescent flower. What a nice touch.

From lower Ala
 

I think u also left out the part where Juan was telling the story to his brothers about there parents death and that he saw a snake belt...
hmm doesnt Stompnando have a tattoo on his back just like that belt? maybe there conected!
Great recap!
 

Great recap. I knew that one, if not both, of those sissy "I'm cultured because I lived in France" brothers was gay. That scene where he was like "I can't marry Jimena because I'm in love with you" was creepy; they're both creepy! I also thought it was funny when Gabby refused to see Eva's doctor; she was acting like a two-year-old wrapped up in a burrito!
 

Hey Chris, speaking as blog mom and fellow recapper of this ridiculous show - you are doing just fine! You don't need to work a bit harder than this, you make me cackle with glee and that's the whole point. TweedleDum's girlfriend is a humble worker in his hacienda I think.

I don't think Gabi's house is the Robles Reyes estate, wouldn't Juan have said so? Wait, forget I wrote that.

Yeah, keeping money hidden in an oven. Let me think that one over.
 

Thank you all. I will grudgingly admit that at least this week there seemed to be a small shred of plot development, but that's all I will admit. We know now that all bad guys like snakes and adorn themselves with them.
 

Gabi's house used to be Grandpa's house, so that's probably too far back to be the Robles Reyes estate.

The Uribes sure have a nice-looking place. Seeing as how it's the only other house we've seen the inside of, maybe that's it. And it'd look a whole lot nicer if it had the Reyes brothers in it instead of the twits.
 

I have never seen so many weak willed rich people. I can't marry my true love, boo hoo. Maybe it's because no one is working. In the U. S., even Paris Hilton has a job of sorts.

G in CA
 

Thanks, Chris, for the recap; I'm going to go listen to it right away. What a rollercoaster of an episode last night. Nothing happens for a week, and then all that.
 

Please post with other recaps. Thank you very much.
 

Chris, I haven't seen a television in town yet; and did you notice last night that Sara was using a quill pen to write with?

Your Franco-chest puffing and boobage passage made me laugh; also the part where you feign feigning ignorance of the layout of strip clubs.

I was really surprised, too, that Sofía stuck to her guns and didn't promise her mom. But there is still time. Something could happen, like she and Juan make love, then subsequently get pregnant and somehow Gabriela believes it is Fernando's child after all and leaves Sofía alone.

I have watched too many novelas; but Gabriela keeps talking about Sofía giving Fernando children, and it is kind of niggling me.

Anyway, that would help keep the padre alive -- since even if his plea to have the marriage annulled goes through, a baby would nix that. Then the padre would not be an obstacle to be eliminated yet. I like Tadeo.

Franco was indeed singing to Sara. The previous scene where Oscar talks him into it went all too well; so I am sure Franco really feels something for Sara.

What I wonder is if Rosario will notice why Franco was there -- or if she will think he was hired by Oscar, like you wondered, too.
 

Ferro, thanks so much for that hilarious recap. The action seemed very disconnected and jumpy to me, but I guess I'm not alone.

Oscar probably thought it was ok to keep cash in the oven because Juan (yet again) can take a hot pan of rolls, put his hand on it, hold a roll and gaze adoringly at it, and still not get burned. Must be a magic bake oven, running off the same power that keeps Libia's cave flower lit up.
I enjoyed the music much more than the brother's skin and underwear exhibit. Surprising how quickly they got the band together for the serenades.
La Paloma
 

Thanks for all the laughs, Ferro. And also the comments had me laughing out loud, as did Juan's adoring gaze to the big roll/bread which made him think of Sofia.

I remember Franco's saying something about a feeling for Sarita and i wa sunder the impression that he wanted to sing for her. Needless to say I dont tape this, so i forgot the word he used.
NJ Sue
 

That was me at 4:27. I must've forgot to put my name in. I hadn't had my nap and was very sleepy...very sleepy...
 

Loved your recap, Ferro. I have about as much attachment to this show as you do. I never got into it and various things have conspired to keep me from watching it for more than about 20 minutes a day. Luckily it doesn't seem to move very fast and the recaps help me keep up.

The money in the oven reminded me of a joke about single guys keeping money in the oven--in case of a house But these guys are BAKERS for crying out loud! How on earth could anybody think they could keep money in their oven?

I thought I'd missed something with the 40 year old subplot about the murder of mom and dad Reyes Robles. Guess the writers just decided the original premise was too simple.
 

Thanks for waking me up. What an abortion this telenovela has turned out to be!! Big time!

I cannot take EY's love scenes seriously when he wears that gypsy rag on his ringlets. Sorry, I just cannot do it......and anyway, are we really supposed to believe that this big hulking guy is satisfied to simply play kissy face and fawn endlessly over his Sofia? I feel like I'm back in middle school watching two kids their first time around experiencing preteen puppy-love. In fact, as the hubster has commented dispiritedly any number of times by now, it seems to be some socially retarded 13 year-old girl's idea of troooo luhhhv.
 

HI Chris I notice you are learning spanish and you say that the subtitles were not up on Tuesday. Is your TV able to show English subtitles or are you reading the one's in spanish? I am also learning spanish and the english subtitles would be most helpful. Thank you!
 

No, the captions are all in Spanish. When I read the captions in Spanish I understand 95% of it, listening instead of reading I understand a bit less. Sorry, no English captions on Univision!
 

So the guys are really the Oak King Boys ?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder