Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fuego 5-15: Where's Mr. Ed when you need him?

Mommy attends the mass for Bernardo and Libia but she doesn't like it. "Neither of them deserves my devotion." Furd, who killed both of them, looks bored. Everybody lines up to take communion. Father Bouffy really doesn't want to give Furd a wafer but Furd snarls, "You can't deny me, I confessed, Amen." He gets a wafer. Mommy gives a reluctant "thank you" for Bernardo's mass, Father Bouffy reminds her it was for Libia too, she scowls. How much longer can this priest last? Mommy tells the Padre she's taking his advice (to stop encarcerating her daughters in the hacienda) in her own fashion - she will have a party and invite selected young men from proper families.

Oscar reviews the girl-conquering advice he's gotten, muttering to himself, "Be charming and affectionate, be gallant, give her flowers..." as he steals roses from the hacienda garden. "She'll love this!" he exclaims. He sneaks into the hacienda all hairy and unshaven in his undershirt carrying a huge bunch of flowers all perfectly cut off to the exact same length and wrapped in a perfect cylindrical bundle. He leaves the petals on Jimena's bed.

Meanwhile, down at the Lego-Land construction site Juan is mad at Franco for mooning over Rosario. (They are building this cabana on a pristine styrofoam foundation.) "Why don't you sing and tell jokes like you used to?" "I'm like this because I love Rosario and I can't have her, I'd be better off dead." [This script is so, so bad. --Ed.] "Let her go, forget her, they almost killed you," Juan helpfully restates. "I can't forget her, I can't forget her," Franco says and a few tears spill from his anguished eyeballs.

There are not enough words in the English language for "says the same thing over again." In order to recap this novela gracefully, I demand at least a dozen synonyms for "says the same thing over again."

At the Bad Love Bar, Rosario is rehearsing but her heart's not in it, she needs a rest. "Furd has demanded a change in the act," she is reminded. "I'm tired of him, I can't breathe, I keep thinking of Franco." "Forget him." "I can't forget him, I can't forget him."

Furd asks Father Bouffy: "Why did you deny me communion?" "How can you mock the sacraments?" A repeat of a previous conversation, plus a curse: "Furd, you will never know love, you will be alone all your days, that's your punishment. Sofia will never love you." Furd starts to kill him but Mommy's cheerful, shrill summons is heard - it's time to go home. Father Bouffy survives at least this episode.

Sarita sighs over her book-and-rose. [Why doesn't she need glasses any more? Don't tell me she got contact lenses without ever leaving the hacienda?] Jimena is delighted by Oscar's rose petals and falls on them, pouring them all over her body. Jimena tells Sarita she isn't going to pardon Oscar easily. "See, you don't know men. I'll be hard with him, I'll teach him to love me the way I want to be loved."

Oscar mixes cement, chortling: "I think Jimena loves me."

Mommy tells Eva she was humiliated to be present at the mass of her dead husband who betrayed her. "I was faithful to him, why? So he could betray me?" "You should pardon him." "Never, never."

Showing her cool, competent ability to run the hacienda, Sofia asks a groundskeeper how the sowing of the peppers is going. "It's going well." Then she asks for her father's horse. There's Juan with no shirt and no shave again! They give each other bedroom eyes. Him: "Why are you looking at me like that?" Her: "Why are you looking at me like that?" Him: "Don't look at me like that." Her: "Don't look at me like that. We should forget each other." She leaves. Then she looks back. Juan grins.

She approaches the horse. Furd says he's coming too, he reaches for Bernardo's horse and it rears up and clips him. He says the horse is dangerous and should be sold.

Jimena tells Oscar: "Mommy will be mad you cut her roses." "I did it for you." "I don't want you in my bedroom without permission, or I'll tell Mommy." She thinks she's flirting but he says, "I can't talk nice like Franco and I'm not used to women of your class, but I have a heart and your disdain hurts me." She leaves. He asks her pardon etc. but she's already gone.

Furd tattles to Mommy, how bad that horse is, it hurt me, see my wounds. Mommy starts caring for his wounds tenderly. He demands the horse be sold, Sofia says no, Mommy sides with Furd, it will be sold tomorrow. Sofia says no, Mommy says I'm tired of your rebellion. She is dabbing her yerno's wounds most tenderly. Most, most tenderly. Sofia leaves crying.

As she flees, Juan drops his wheelbarrow of dry cement and runs after her. He throws her a chicken to cheer her up and asks what's happening. She's all weepy about the horse and they hug. Then they pull away. "Pardon me." "Pardon me." She leaves and goes to pat her dad's horse and ask him: "Why did you attack Furd? What did he do? What do you know?" [Oh, if only this were Mr. Ed. --Ed.] Juan catches up with her and she talks about how great her dad was. Juan confides, "Sometimes we don't know people as they are - they hide secrets." They stroke hands over the horse's ears. "What secret to you have?" she asks.

Furd comes up to them - this is what we saw in the preview but nothing happens. Juan offers to buy the horse and Furd says, "Don't make me laugh, this is an expensive horse and what money do you have? Anyway he's not for sale." Snake eyes all round. Juan checks the horse's teeth and leaves.

Later, at the Lego-Land cabana, the boombox is playing and Franco is singing along! A full recovery! And here's Sarita with Kool-Aid and sandwiches, saying, "You work so hard, and after your accident you should eat well." "You are pretty, sweet, nice, and beautiful," he responds. "I think about you a lot - I kept the flower you gave me - I like the way you sing." He sings for her, two inches from her face. She runs away. And here comes - Furd! How can this guy stalk everybody at the same time? "I didn't know you could sing," he says, "Wanna make some money?"

The silly sisters do a "You're pretty, oh no you're prettier, no, ah but you are beautiful inside," thing for a while. Sarita needs convincing. Gramps chimes in, "Yes, you're pretty, have confidence."

Franco dresses up and his nosy brothers ask why. "I have an appointment." They think it's with Rosario, he denies it, Juan says "If you don't tell me who it is, you can't go. I promised our parents to take care of all of you - I failed with Libia..." "You can come along and see where I'm going." In fact, Furd hired him to serenade Sofia. So the brothers on their horses with their big ol' sombreros and a batch of mariachis stand under the lights and Pablo Montero sings to Sofia. [He's a really good singer, I hope he gets more chances to sing sappy love songs like this.] All the girls come out to listen. Even Mommy comes out. She smiles approvingly, this will surely get Sofia to put out for her darling yerno.

Juan sees Furd watching Sofia, gets jealous, rides away, yells: "GAVIOTAAAAAAA," no, uh, "SOFIAAAAA," under the moon.

Gramps breaks up the party by coming out and singing a rousing dance number with the mariachis.

At the Bad Love Bar, Rosario has not learned her new song so we get to hear about the succulent, insatiable BonBon assassin again. In her dressing room, she is glad to see a vase of anturios (I wouldn't know what they were except I used to watch Juan Querendon). "My favorite flower!" Suddenly Moustache enters and yells "Be Mine!" and attacks her with unwanted kisses. She breaks the vase over his head. "You'll pay!" he threatens. "I'll tell Furd tomorrow and then we'll see who pays," she retorts.

I refuse to recap any more conversations about how Sofia doesn't love Furd.

Later that night Oscar asks Juan why he left the serenade. "Why should I have stayed? How did it end?" "Gramps came out and his daughter got furious." Franco: "Sofia has a special beauty, she is so sad, she is not happy."

At dinner Mommy tells her yerno "You are such a gentleman. Any woman would be happy to have you." There is a discussion about the horse: Sofia points out it only attacks Furd, why doesn't he just stay away from it? So that's agreed, the horse won't be sold, and Mommy again says what a gentleman Furd is.

Sofia says she's going to town. Furd: "I'll go with you." Mommy: "No, Furd, stay here, there are some special things we need to discuss." Eva says she'll go with Sofia to help. On the way out Sofia and Juan exchange glances. Juan dumps another load of concrete out of his wheelbarrow. Oscar: "She's married, so you have a harder job conquering her so we can comply with our oath of vengeance." [I like translating these lame lines. --Ed.]

In the car Sofia tells Eva how tired she is of fighting with her mother. "Your mother has a strong character." "Yes, that's why my father stopped loving her."

On the Lego Plateau Gramps is thanking the boys: "That was a lotta fun last night, more fun even than the orgies I used to have with the Roman Emperor. By the way, Sofia doesn't love that good-for-nothing Furd, she needs a good man." "Really? She doesn't love that shagaral?" [I dunno what a shagaral is.]

Juan bolts for town and is in the back room of the Sweaty Breadshop when, just coincidentally, Sofia urges Eva to enter that very establishment. Eva says, "Oh no, this isn't where we buy our bread," but Sofia insists, and Juan, who is in the back caressing a loaf of bread and muttering Sofia's name, comes out and - surprise! - they smile at each other.

Labels:


Comments:
Melinama, thanks for the laughs in your excellent recap. In the category of "Says the same thing all over again." I will add that these recaps make the show so much better than it is by its pitiful self.

Thanks much for the Mr. Ed connect. It's already been marked under my favorites.
 

I thought the same thing when I heard Juan yelling Sofia; it sounded just like his Gaviota call. I also thought it was a shame he ruined all those beautiful roses just to put the petals all over the bed. I would have rather had the whole bunch.

Anyway, I have to agree, they do repeat, resound, reiterate, duplicate, redo, rerun, copy, echo, and parrot the same things over and over; and they always end the show right when the scene is getting really good! They just cut it off every time.
 

Love your recaps, Melinama, hilarious (and fast!). I agree you shouldn't have to keep repeating the same lines about her unlove for Ferd. It's always just SSDD (the classic Same Sh** Different Day).
 

I have a Catholic wedding to attend and I was wondering what to wear. Thank goodness I watched the memorial service for Bernardo(ick) because I found the perfect outfit. I will be wearing the Jimena outfit complete with bare midriff and veil.

What are all the extraneous noises during the dialogue? Did I hear Mr. Donkey and cattle lowing and loud
birds in the background? And I heard a very strange sound when the boys were in the bedroom. Where was the sound man? Forget it, we know where.

However, even though the episodes are deja vu, the novela almost has a sweet quality about it minus Furd and Crabi. E Y and the funny recappers keep me watching.

Thank you Melinama, Yay, I spelled it correctly this time.

G in CA
 

Can someone please post Wednesday's recap with the others? Thank you from,

Computer Dummy (or else I'd do it myself)
 

I just keep waiting for Frankie Avalon and Annette to join in with our "teenagers in luv." And, they'd fit right in ... they're about the same age now as the actors I think.
 

Hee Hee thanks for the great recap, I only caught part of the singing thing..oh yeah I did see Furd's toupee guy coming for Hooter Girl, that scene was great the crab hands.

My husband swears that actress was in Ruby, the chick with the bad leg. I dunno, I remember a chick with a bum leg, but that's it. He says she got the hooters when she got her leg fixed.
 

Melinama: Excellent and funny recap.

Well, now that we are no longer worshipping at the altar of Fernando (Colunga, that is), I feel free to suggest to Oscar and Juan that they each obtain Spanx or some similar product to help them suck in their guts, and in Oscar’s case, to fit in his pants.

Anyway, I like this novella. It is always ready and ripe for discussion. I’m glad you clarified that Fernando had hired Franco, because I missed that explanation. And Franco did a pretty good job of lip synching – don’t jump all over me, I know Pablo Montero can sing because anyone can if it’s pre-recorded.

Oh, yes, Jimena had asked Sarita in a previous episode why she didn’t wear her contact lenses. She just needed some motivation to get out of her riding habit and let her hair down.

We also had more god appearances. Gramps is like god, because he just shows up out of nowhere, and Juan is like god because he can lay bricks and bake bread at the same time. Look – there he just happens to be in the bakery when Sofía shows up. That’s no coincidence. That’s divine intervention. And, of course, there’s Ferd, he’s everywhere in everyone’s business. What a devil!

From lower Ala
 

Hi gang! I've been checking in every now & again 'cuz I miss the humor. I tried to watch this a few times but can't make it past 15-20 minutes...I've never been a fan of traditional soaps and man, this one has them all beat. If we could all watch this together, with a HUGE pitcher of margaritas, it would be a laugh-fest but alone, it's just painful. The recaps are HILARIOUS so I'll stick with that for now.

Hope everyone is well...just wanted to say hi!

P.S. Mad Buns Bess: I'm in Ric Rehab...how about you?
 

This show needs some writers! A mass for Bernardo and LIbia together, and her brothers weren't informed, or consulted. Juan must have a cape somewhere,and a phone booth, too, he must be flying to go from pueblo to hacienda to pueblo to ahcienda so quickly, seemingly instantaneously. Padre is really getting to be a short timer, i think that Furd almost got himlast night...How come I didn't see the Gaviota/Sofia yell-at-the-moon parallel, sometimes I'm soo myopic. I'm really enjoying this ride for now, I hope it keeps my interest. Thanks, Melinama for another great and funn 'cap dd
 

Excellent recap! Boy, wasn't this a great night for a recap?! I think this might have been one of the funniest/corkiest nights yet! And may I ask: why are they building the cabaña from ground zero? Wasn't all of the exterior contstruction completed while no one was working?
 

I know that he old dead guy and the young dead girl had true luv but does anyone else think that it would be a cold day in you know where before a priest would celebrate a mass for a man and his mistress and invite the wife and family. O know Gabby is a b*#^ch but that just boggles the imagination.Then again the midriff top and the veil make me think this is some kind of alternate universe.mhm
 

yeah, anon9:54, i noticed the bare midriff/veil, and the previously built walls in the background. No one seems to be in charge
 

Its a Musical! My earlier impression was that its a Comedy. But I think its turned to a musical. Magnificent theme song, leads are good singers, even the bonbon song has a catchyness for the pop market...'you can dance to it'. Yep its a Musical slash Comedy.

Great recapp Melinama :-) You're so right and courageous to take a stand against inane dialog. They can't push Recappers around like that!-)

Loved ALL the synonyms of lindaK for "says the same thing over again" Please add Daily Ditto to the list.

Suggested name for Barnie's horse? How about Antillano. ..., because I miss him; with his quick response to eliminating miscreants. (Images of hand sign slicing quickly across Malnando's throat.)
Me three to Mad Buns Bess.

While others take note of fashion I'm going to be a spotter for Rosario in clothes. Wednesday, a robe...and it was tied closed too. Thurday, a pants suit WITH a blouse under it. She even removed her door knocker earrings in one scene. She's starting to look like a working woman!
 

Add me to the group that was pretty surprised to see Jimena's belly button at a memorial Mass for her father.

I also wondered what "shagaral" was, and hoped it would be explained in the recap. Word Reference was no help. I also googled "shagaral," "shagral," "chagral," and "chagaral" and didn't find anything helpful!

Gabi insists that she was always faithful to Bernardo. If that's true, that kinda kills the theory of Rosario being Crabi's own baby-swapped bastid. On the other hand, Crabi's so full of it ("I am irreproachable!") that I wouldn't be surprised if she's found a way to justify cheating so that it doesn't count.

When the padre gave his impassioned "she will never love you" speech to Furd, I got the funny feeling that his anger was coming from a really personal place. Like there's something interesting in his past. Will he die before we find out?

Well, I'm psyched that Juan and Sofia finally met up at the bakery. I'm already anticipating tonight's exquisite dialogue.

Sofia: OMG, you make bread?!
Juan: OMG, you LIKE bread?! No way!
 

And Juan was wearing a sweat band at the bakery!
But if Eva thought they got their bread from some other bakery then it wasn't Juan's bread they were eating in that split scene, a very LONG TIME AGO. Gee this tn is long.
 

I've thought, too, that this show plays more like a musical - except mostly without songs. The clunky dialogue and clunky visual directing (everybody standing in lines, or in awkward triangles) reminds me of "Oklahoma."
 

I think Eva was just fibbing that this wasn't the bakery, because she didn't want Sofia to run into Juan. I think a bigger mystery is why Sofia was so adamant about going in there anyway!

I hated "Oklahoma" a lot. It's easily my least favorite of all the R&H musicals I've ever seen, in terms of lackluster story and unmemorable music. It had a decent cast, but the film did not do any of those actors justice.

So, in that sense, Fuego really is a lot like "Oklahoma."

But Fuego's funnier, and most of the music is better, IMO.

My scalp felt itchy when I watched Oklahoma. It's because I could feel my hair growing. I was that bored. (Seriously, the State of Oklahoma should have sued the film's producers for defamation.)

At least we have Grandpa to lighten the mood once in a while.
 

Thanks so much for the recap; I'm going to listen to it right now.

In the meantime, I wanted to post a link to a few screen caps from a brief scene in last night's episode, entitled, "Juan's Grin" OR "Please, don't look at me like that!"

(Click on my name.)
 

Yeah, Jimena wearing her Bratz outfit to church was rather startling.

Juan's appearance at the bakery reminded me of those Bugs Bunny cartoons where he zooms everywhere. I think it was Bugs. I might have Bugs on the brain due to the distraction of Juan's bunny like teeth.
 

Jeri, you are a computer marvel. Thank you for all the screen caps especially of Mighty Joe Juan.

Julie, I was wondering why I had to have my roots touched up so often. This telenovela is to blame...yes, I can feel time being stretched out to eternity before this ends at 160 or 180 or so caps.

Yes, they are building a new cabana since the other one which magically appeared overnight is now missing (possibly beamed up by the alien aircraft from ET or Richard Dryfeuss movie.)

G in CA
 

The other day, someone said this show would work if the girls were 15, 17 and 18. I sort of think it's as if it's written by girls who are 15 years old (or younger), sort of like a Disney fantasy cartoon.

By the way, the padre said mass for Libia Reyes. All the girls were sitting right there. Did Sofia later notice she was going into the Reyes brothers bakery? Of course not.

Also, the other day when they rehired the brothers, they just rode right in to the hacienda, making me think someone called them on the phone. However, we have yet to see a phone!!

After all the alcoholic beverages on Destilando Amor, here we have seen after seen of people drinking water, even making toasts with it. This really is a Disney fantasy.
 

I mean "scene after scene".
 

No phones no doctor on call but they use car seat belts!
(Have you ever noticed people on TV don't watch TV? Except for plot development of course.)
 

forgive me if I sound dopy Im missing one of my morning meds(Concerta, I dont know how to spell it but thats how u say it) .
I had alot fun watching this ep,
I was shocked that Bitterella was charmed by the singing, I had to say there was a good finish with Gramps singing! I also liked the sassy moment with the horse. I think im starting to get the hang of watching this and learning to sit tight. But we arent near or over 20 so I still have to see if I can keep going.
Great work
 

Thanks Melinama for a great recap. Even though I'm a lover of the detail and fine points, you have a gift for capturing the main points. We're fortunate to have a variety of styles. I know they repeat the same thoughts a lot but why not just ignore them if they are bothersome rather than developing a system of initials or sayings that would alert us that there something had been previously mentioned. That could become just as monotonous.
 

Lisa, if we completely ignore the scenes where material is repeated, I can guarantee (from long past experience) that someone will ask "what were they saying" during the scene we skipped. Sorry if it annoys you, but the other way will annoy someone else, so it's just as well to acknowledge the conversation and explain what it's a repeat of.
 

PS - Lisa, I hope that didn't sound harsh. It's just that I remember a few times when I tried to gloss over repetitious information during Destilando, and someone kept asking for more detail. There is no pleasing everyone, and it seems as though the best compromise is to try to assure people that we're not holding out on them!
 

Thanks again, Melinama! I actually did like the music, too; usually I fast-forward over musical numbers in novelas, but I listened to the whole serenade. Maybe it was because they were actually having a scene during the number instead of just the entertainment.

When Gabriela came out onto the balcony, it was a little weird. You think she wished Fernando's serenade were for her? I didn't actually think so; but on the other hand, it's hard to tell. Gabriela is so taken with Fernando.

Speaking of phones and seat belts and magically appearing guest-house foundations -- how did Juan get to the bakery in town? Did he run the whole way?

So, Armando's trying to do the same thing his boss is doing with Rosario; but Armando does not have the leverage that Fernando does.

Fernando supposedly has Rosario's son sequestered somewhere; but personally, knowing him he's probably already killed the boy to save himself trouble of hiring a keeper. I hope not. Were I Rosario, I wouldn't be able to sing a note until I got the boy back.

I have this notion about the woman who stays around Rosario (is her name Ofelia?) -- maybe she was an aide in the hospital when Gabriela brought Eva's baby (Sofía) in. Gabriela then had her own baby at the hospital (Rosario) soon after, and this woman mixed them up somehow. Just speculation.

Somebody said they heard it mentioned that Gabriela and Eva were pregnant at the same time; I must have missed that, but if true would make it a whole lot more likely.

If Rosario were Gabriela's daughter, then her precious Fernando would be torturing both Gabriela's daughter and her grandson.

I hope they keep Gabriela just decent enough to realize what an error she made, entrusting everything to Fernando. That would be a good episode! Oh, yeah, and that would make Rosario an heir and Sofía (or whomever) not.

G in CA, I'm glad you enjoy the pictures. :-) Someone elsewhere was commenting about how Eduardo appears barefoot a lot and must like to go barefoot, so I wanted to get that first one. I also have another picture -- not from screen caps, but that I found somewhere -- of him bare all over. If you haven't seen it before and want to, click my name.
 

Thanks, Melinam...you rock..I like your style. ''shagaral'' = flying monkey boy [No, I just made that up.] ''Your mother has a strong character.'' ''Yes, that's why my father stopped loving her.'' ---Let that be a warning to all you ladies out there with strong character...no loving fo you. Que the hell. I think the father stopped loving her because she is the cranky, crabby, arrogant, delusionalwicked witch of the south. And one more thing ''A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse, of course, ....''
 

Mad Maggie***Do you even have to ask ??? I am addicted to Fernando and now must resort to rewatching him in his greatest hits ..Alborada and Amor Real. It's too soon for me to start rewatching Pasion, but I probably will do so this summer. I hope that Fernando is already planning his next novela, and I hope it's another historical one with Carla. Pleasepleaseplease. I watch Fuego because I like Adela and Eduardo, but I can't help feeling that Adela is cheating on Fernando because they made such a beautiful couple in Amor Real. ~~~Mad Buns Bess, missing RicRicRic and the pirates
 

Jeri***You are a computer genius...Keep those images coming !! I agree with all the
 

I've been afraid to check comments until today - I thought I might be the only one who regretted such a great group of talented people being inhibited by thin plotting and poor writing. . . . I'm so glad I'm not alone.
 

Yo, Mad Buns! Shout out to ya, Sista!

I'll have to get my Visa card out & do some shopping on Amazon for a little Fernando fix. Yes, I am suffering mightily from deprivation and Mighty Joe Juan ain't fillin' the bill.

Maybe if we both light a few candles, we'll get a new tn w/ TBLMOE soon!!

:-)
 

Great recap Melinama. BTW, can someone explain what TBLMOE means? I must have missed that on the Pasion recaps.
 

3:59 - You are definitely not alone. It's heartbreaking to see good people stuck in bad stuff. But it seems that each of the actors (and each of us) is trying to make the most of it, in his or her own way. :-)
 

Great recap, Melinama. Sorry you didn't have any donkey action to recap in this one. Linda K., thanks for all those synonyms for repetition. I thought of making a similar list.
Nice of Oscar to take such care cutting the rose stems to such an exact length, only to rip off the petals and discard the stems. His precision work should be apparent in the cabana construction.
For last night's most shocking moment, I nominate Rosario rehearsing fully clothed.
Ma Crabi Gabi's tender tending of Furd's bruise--ICK! My husband now skulks around the house humming Furd's jazzy theme when he wants to torture me.
For last night's most enjoyable moment, I nominate the serenade. Very nice, a moment of musical gold amidst the dramatic dross.
When Juan bellowed out "Sofia", I couldn't help it--had to shout out "Gaviota" at the same moment.
Okay, so Juan is not just a magical romantical emotional personality. He has superpowers that allow him to travel from the hacienda to the bakery in town fast enough to be there before Sofia arrives via van.
La Paloma
 

Anon, re: TBLMOE - The Best Looking Man on Earth. Wanna' join the F. Colunga, TBLMOE club? All that's required is that you agree to the obvious truth of the matter! And if you don't agree, well, you can join Lis & Al in the Visually Impaired club (g). Several of us were exchanging bobarias about it on the Pasion board.

Jeri, you got any TBLMOE pictures in your treasure chest?
 

Beckster, the one with the limp in Rubi was Jacqueline Bracamantes, not our current Bombom girl.
 

Thanks for all your efforts, Julie - Mano Derecha
 

My husband keeps thinking there is something strange about the bonbon girl, and he can't put his finger on it (he says it's not her rediculous bonbons, which he also cannot put his finger on!).

e.g. Vanna White has an enormous mouth. You don't notice it until someone points it out, but up until then you just can't stop looking at her because your brain is trying to figure out what's wrong. Or if someone has two eyes of different colors. Of if their nose is not symetrical. Does anyone know what it is he is subconsciously noticing?

Julie, 'toy contigo.
 

Let's fast forward to the Grand Finale to save the viewer some precious time. As someone mentioned Bernardo's horse has come to court to testify against Furd for the murder of dear Bernardo (aka the Perv.) He does stomp "yes" in identifying Furd as the killer but to our surprise, Bernardo's horse can also paint (saw a horse paint on TV yesterday...the truth) and draws a picture to show how Furd caused Bernardo to fall and hit his head on the only rock around for 100 yards as someone else mentioned. But it is Padre's donkey, Mr. Donkey, who is the star witness as we learn he is really Mr. Ed. And as someone mentioned, when Furd pushed Padre from the horse, Padre fell not only stubbing his toe but also hit his head against the only rock around for 100 yards. Two murders solved. Furd gets the chair. El Fin.

Julie, you rock!
 

I'm not sure, Mad Polly, but now I'm going to drive myself crazy staring at her tonight trying to figure it out.

And it will be ALL YOUR FAULT. :)

(&thanks!)
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. I didn't realize that Pablo had that nice of a voice. The writers need to keep him sings and not talking.
 

Thank you for understanding Julie. I also apologize for being so sensitive to your remark. Funny thing, your explanation about the repitition was what I was really trying to say. Melinama had jokingly mentioned the large amount of repitition in her recap. This was followed by several comments about how to avoid repitition including using initials. So, what I was really trying to say was if try to develop a system to AVOID that might solve the problem of the recappers having to repeat the same thing over and over, but that could become boring after awhile. I guess I was thinking selfishly also and thought I might miss something. I'm truly sorry about the misunderstanding because I really look forward to your recaps and comments.
 

OK, we are absolutely not going to get into a flame war here. I have deleted two comments. We are just going to be nice. Let us confine our criticisms to the novela itself. Let us be good to one another. Anybody who does not like what's provided here may leave. Everybody else, enjoy!

END OF DEBATE.
 

Melinama - thank you for the funny and great recap.

Linda K. - thanks for the synonyms! I will definetely add the word "reiterate" on my list.

Mad Bess - your comment on the "your mother has a strong character" line, was exactly what I was thinking but you expressed it with much more polished and faultless english than I would ever use! : )

Ok, I FINALLY found the time to see some FELS photos and I have some comments to make: 1.Rosario is very - very beautiful and I can't blame you for your bonbon puns!! The woman has some HUGE breasts! 2.Pater Tadeo reminds me the plastic surgeon that would participate in an "Extreme Makeover" reality show. Hey, he may be the responsible one for Rosa's bonbons! 3. FerNO seems really frightening! I can imagine how "ugly/mean" he must be on FELS(hmmm, I have to visit youtube)4. Eva seems to have a very proud (in a good way) look on her face. I like her! 5. Am I supposed to believe that a harsh b...ch like Gaby allows Jimena to get dressed like this?
 

In fact, I do have a few screen caps from the first week of Pasión -- some of which were reposted here already back then.

They're from the episode where Ricardo first lays eyes on Camila. Or eye, should I say -- through the grass hut. (Click on my name.)
 

My one and only irritation with the wonderful Abuelo was last night when he interrupted Pablo's second song, my favorite song in Spanish - Paloma Negra. It's in the movie Frida, and I also heard a wonderful female singer singing it in an outdoor restaurant in Zacatecas, Mexico. She got a really good tip in her tip jar!!
 

Thanks for the funny recap! Did anyone notice during the seranade that Sophia was staring at Juan and that Furd noticed? At least, it seemed that way.

But my favorite part was when Juan smiled at Sophia near the end of the show. That smile................
 

Yes, I think Furd noticed her looking, and also noticed who she was looking at. (At any rate, he must have noticed that she wasn't looking at HIM!) But he didn't react at all.

I wonder why he hasn't taken any action against Juan yet. Surely he's at least suspicious by now, right? He seems to be biding his time with Juan and with Franco. Hmm.

The way he was looking at Libia's necklace the other night has me thinking that he has a bone to pick with the Reyes brothers that the brothers don't even know about.
 

Jeri***Love your screen caps, especially those of Fernando. You are my new best friend. I also checked out the skunk cabbage photos [we have lots in the woods around here], but I like the shots of Fernando and Eduardo better than the skunk cabbage shots. I liked biology better than botany. I think the reason Ferd has not acted against Mighty Joe Juan giving his mujer the eye is that....Mighty Joe is mighty big...mightier and stronger than Ferd. And if Assfern does decide it's time to cool Mighty Joe down, he will probably not address the issue himself but rather send his goon squad....the big chicken....or tattle to his mother-in-law.
 

ROFLMAO @ Anon 7:44!!

Bernardo's horse testifying in court during the Gran Final! You are hilarious. Holy Moly--I am in such pain. LOLOL!!

Thanks for that GREAT laugh.
 

Thank you butter biscuit but I just put together ideas put forth by others during the past two weeks. And I tried to answer Melinama's title: Where's Mr. Ed when you need him? My input was the drawing horse which is a true story and Mr. Donkey going to court with Bernardo's horse to rat on Furd. Also added the electric chair. I forgot it has been outlawed though stomping by horse and donkey would have been a better demise for Furd.

G in CA
 

meant to say Furd pushed Padre from the donkey not the horse.

G in CA
 

Well I'm liking the way you think. LOL! Keep it up. :-)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder