Monday, June 02, 2008

Synopsis of “Querida Enemiga,” translated to English

Here is my translation – be sure you check the YouTube intro clips that our Anonymous source gave us in the Friday, May 30 recap comments on Yo Amo a Juan.

Lorena and Sara grew up together in an orphanage. They love each other as sisters although they are very different. Lorena dreams of starting a family, and what she loves most in life is to cook. Sara is materialistic; she has always resented the poverty of living in an orphanage, and her ambition is greater than her scruples.

Lorena dreams of becoming a chef; one day she says goodbye to the nuns who raised her, to go and study cooking (gastronomy) in Mexico City. The same day, the Mother Superior discovers that Sara has stolen all the money from the orphanage, and the Mother Superior suffers a heart attack and dies when she confronts Sara. Sara runs away with Chalo, her lover and accomplice, stealing her file and Lorena’s file. When she reads them, she finds out that she was found in a trashcan, but Lorena was abandoned in the orphanage without any explanation by her grandmother, the millionaire Hortensia Armendáriz. Sara's first impulse is to go in search of Lorena in order to help her confront her grandmother and demand her rights, but then Sara thinks it over and decides to usurp Lorena’s place in the Armendáriz gastronomic empire.

Totally unaware of this, Lorena finds work in the same company (her grandmother's) as a cook's helper. Lorena meets Alonso, a young physician with whom she falls in love, and becomes his girlfriend. But, Sara won’t rest until she separates Lorena from Alonso.

Hortensia uses all her resources to avoid confronting the harm she has caused to everyone around her.

When Lorena discovers Sara’s schemes, Lorena realizes that she never really knew the person she loved as a sister. In the midst of her suffering, Lorena has a confrontation and discovers a new hope from the hand of the person she least suspected could love her.

(Note: Also see Wikipedia, which translated has a slightly different translation and some elements added that esmas.com did not have).


*************************


CAST of Querida Enemiga – more information on the main characters to come (esmas.com only has profiles on six of them)

Lorena: Ana Layevska
Alonso: Gabriel Soto
Ernesto: Jorge Aravena
Hortensia: María Rubio
Sara: Carmen Becerra
Chalo: Mike Biagio
Jaime: Luis Xavier
Bárbara: Luz María Jerez
Vasco: José Manuel Lechuga
Omar: Alfonso Iturralde
Zulema: Socorro Bonilla
Julián: José Carlos Femat
Diana: Luz Elena González
Bruno: Marco Méndez
Darío: Eduardo Rivera
Paula: Sharis Cid
Bettina: Danna Paola
Maruja: Patricia Martínez
Rossy: Bibelot Mansur
Arturo: Mauricio Aspe

*************************


Here is the esmas.com original synopsis, for those of you who are interested:

Querida Amiga Sinopsis

Lorena y Sara crecieron juntas en un orfanato y se quieren como hermanas, pero son completamente distintas. Lorena sueña con formar una familia y lo que más le gusta en la vida es cocinar. Sara es materialista, siempre ha resentido la pobreza que se vive en el orfanato y su ambición es mayor que sus escrúpulos.

Lorena sueña con aprender alta cocina; un día se despide de las monjas que la criaron para ir a estudiar gastronomía en la capital. Ese mismo día, la madre superiora descubre que Sara ha robado el dinero del orfanato y al encararla, muere de un paro cardíaco. Sara huye con Chalo su amante y cómplice robando su expediente y el de Lorena. Al leerlos se entera de que mientras ella fue encontrada en un basurero, Lorena fue abandonada en el orfanato sin explicación alguna por su abuela, la millonaria Hortensia Armendáriz. Su primer impulso es ir en busca de Lorena para ayudarla a enfrentar a su abuela y luchar por sus derechos, pero luego recapacita y decide usurpar su lugar en el imperio gastronómico de los Armendáriz.

Ajena a todo esto, Lorena encuentra trabajo en la misma empresa como ayudante de cocina. Conoce a Alonso, un joven médico del que se enamora y al poco tiempo se convierte en su novia. Pero Sara no descansará hasta separar a Lorena de Alonso.

Hortensia, por su parte, lucha con todos sus recursos para evitar encarar todo el mal que ha causado a la gente cercana a ella.

Cuando Lorena descubre las intrigas de Sara, se da cuenta de que nunca conoció realmente a quien quería como a una hermana. En medio de su sufrimiento, se enfrentará y encontrará una nueva esperanza de la mano de quien menos sospechaba que pudiera amarla.

Jeanne

Labels: , ,


Comments:
this show just started not too long ago in mexico, I think it was may 13, I was plaing on keeping up with it online within two after it started, I got as far as watching the music video for the theme song and 1 full episode. I didnt get any farther cause no one posted anymore episodes. Im shocked this comeing to the usa so fast
 

I gotta say, this one looks promising. I looooove Maria Rubio. She played one of the greatest TN villains in history (Catarina Cril in "Cuna de Lobos) as well as some nicer people. Do we have a Juan Q ending date yet? Just curious.
 

Margarita you give me hope, because except for the food theme the plot doesn't sound too thrilling. We're thinking JQ will probably end June 20th.

Thanks for the translation Schoolmarm. It sounds like we can look forward to some good acting, some decent tacos de ojo (Soto and Aravena for the ladies anyway), and hopefully some fun kitchen scenes.
 

Ugh. I hate these novelas where there's some super wicked person always trying to do good girl in....but hey, "needs must", I'll belly up to the bar and do my best.
 

Thanks Jeanne for giving us the storyline for Querido Enemiga..Yes, I 'll be tuning in to watch Gabriel Soto, a pretty good actor along with others...Gabriel is without the bleached hair this time around..I love the music on the opening..

Any show on the horizon, is better than Juan..Regards..Maureen
 

You're welcome, folks. More to come.

Jeanne
 

This sounds pretty good. I'm already looking forward to Sara's grisly death!

I notice that the unforgettable Miercoles Addams, aka Acacia from Destilando Amor, is on the cast, towards the bottom of the list (Bibelot Mansur). I'm sure I'll recognize some other faces too, but so far hers is the only name I know.
 

Thanks Julie, I knew I recognized that name (not many Bibelots out there). Ugh, I hope she smiles once or twice and doesn't play some half-starved nut-case orphan. Sharis Cid played one of the Achichipico hotties in Juan Q.
 

Tacos de ojo. Ew.

Jeanne
 

Oh thank goodness!

And I expect the cook will be wearing clothes,No?
 

Hi guys!
I missed you!

I'm looking forward to watch QE - I read that it is a pretty good tn and some people said it's the best in Mexico right now.

While I was out off the blog I completed the whole tn "La Usurpadora" with beloved Fernando Colunga. I liked it while I watched it but few days after the last chapter - my mind went back to Pasion and I went back to watch it ( again!) I probably have to see a therapist!

I hope you all enjoy FELS.

Eve from Cleveland
 

Thanks, Schoolmarm! Mauricio Aspe played Victoria Ruffo's son in La Madrastra and Paula's brother in Amarte Es Mi Pecado. He's a decent actor and not bad to look at. Other than Bibelot, Gabe, Ana (the daughter in VR's La Madrastra)and Mauricio A. I am totally unfamiliar with this cast. Does anybody know something about the others, Ms. Rubio excepted?

BTW, I am hungering for a decent novela, something with meat in it, to sink my teeth into.
> ; ? ))
 

My pleasure, Jardinera--I'm hopeful for this one, too. Before I put this together, I was not so excited, but it's growing on me.

Jeanne
 

And Jardinera, that would be meat, as opposed to bread?

;-)

Jeanne
 

so, will this really be replacing JQ? I've been so out of touch lately with television and spanish television in general I haven't seen or heard anything at all.

For those who are wondering, Ana Layevska, Mike Biaggi, and Mauricio Aspe were together in La Madrastra, then they all three did "Las Dos Caras de Ana". So this will make telenovela number three for this trio.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Eduardo Rivera played Jose Luis, the evil, corrupt police officer, in "Navidad Sin Fin".

Danna Paola started her telenovela career as the star in kiddie-novelas.

Jody :)
 

Thanks, Jody! Man! Mike Biaggio I don't remember him at all!

Schoolmarm: No bread, cuz the fare from Uni has been strictly bread and water with all the crust cut off. Whatever this group of gastronomical wizards can cook up I'm happy to sample a taste.
 

Jardinera:

Mike played "Angel" the adopted son of Cesar and Victoria's characters in "La Madrastra". In "Las Dos Caras de Ana", he played Ana's disabled brother who died in a fire started to Mauricio's character.

Jody :)
 

Jardinera--

:-) Good point. Univision needs to beef it up for us here. So to speak.

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder