Monday, December 22, 2008

Testing One, Two . . . And Introduction

Okay, this is a test, only a test. Sorry I can't making the annoying beeping sound. Trying to make sure I'm ready to go for my first eve recap of FELS next Thursday . . . saved by Santa for this week!

I'd also like to introduce myself to you guys. My name is Melissa, and I've been a lurker for quite awhile now, back to the Alborada days. I usually post after the "fin" of a novela to thank the dilligent and talented recappers for their efforts that make us laugh everyday.

My husband is from Mexico City, we've been married almost five years and speak close to 80 percent Spanish in our house on a daily basis. I rarely watch English-speaking television (although my husband does), with the exception of stuff on the History or National Geographic Channels, and Desperate Housewives - strange mix, I know! Even prior to meeting my husband I had a passion for Mexican history, mostly pre-Columbian, Nahua (Aztec). My family background is a little less straightforward. My father is Italian/Catholic and my mother is Jewish. Needless to say, there are mountains of wonderful food in our houses especially this time of year.

I don't watch novelas with CC's, and don't have any problem understanding what's going on, with the exception of certain cliches, Mexican dichos and the like, that I haven't heard before. So, I'd appreciate any help with those from anyone who wants to add.

Please feel free to give me any suggestions about how to make my recaps better - there's no way in h*ll that my recaps will ever be as good as Beckster's - what an act to follow!! Also, thanks for giving me the chance to do this Melinama - I'd been thinking about volunteering for a while and was always too nervous.

See you next Thursday!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Ooops, I think I was supposed to put a label on this so that it would go to the Fuego list, right? Can someone do that for me or tell me how? Thanks.
 

Welcome, Melissa! I'll send you dx.
 

Welcome, Melissa! Don't worry about comparing your recaps to anyone else's; do your own thing. Everyone is just grateful for you generous folks that are brave in the attempt! (I KNOW you know what I mean!) ;-) ¡Suerte!
 

Welcome, Melissa. I'm looking forward to your recaps. Thanks for volunteering.
 

Welcome, Melissa! I can't wait!
 

Welcome, Melissa. Sounds like you have a very interesting life! We look forward to your recaps with anticipation. This is a wonderful place to share viewpoints on our telenovela addictions. I envy you your opportunities to speak Spanish on a regular basis!
 

Definitely looking forward to you joining the group! What an interesting family background, too!
 

Welcome Melissa. Thanks for sharing about your background and becoming a recapper. I look forward to reading your take on the show.
 

Welcome aboard, Melissa, and thanks for sharing about your family background.

Jody :)
 

Warmest welcomes Melissa. I'm just tickled that you've joined the team. I know with your background and interest in telenovelas you will be a wonderful asset to the group. Thank you for joining us.
 

Welcome aboard the Looney Ville Express, Melissa! Remember, we don't hold you responsible for FELS so feel free to let your creative juices flow in any direction you please!

Maggarita
(who has neither the language capacity nor the guts to ever consider recapping!)
:-P
 

Melissa: Welcome! Thank you for sharing some of your family history and background. Very impressive. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job. Diana in MA
 

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I figured I'd tell you a little bit about myself just for perspective - hope it wasn't TMI.

I think the only frustrating thing about recapping FELS is that I'll have to restrict my use of four-letter and other bad words! I'll definitely have to get creative!
 

Welcome, Melissa,
These novelas have enriched my puny knowledge of this beautiful language and we have you recappers to thank for that.
Don't be nervous, you're among friends!!
Party on!!!!
Alice
 

Melissa, thanks for being willing to recap. I look forward to your input. All the recaps are a gift to us viewers who enjoy sharing this experience.
La Paloma
 

Welcome Melissa, It is great to have you as a new recapper on the FELS team! It will be fun to have your take on things amplified by your husband's real life experiences in marvelous Mexico. I am excited to read your recaps.
 

Yay Melissa!
 

Hi Cheryl,

I chuckled at what you said about my husband's real life experiences in Mexico and FELS. He despises FELS because he doesn't want people to think the real Mexico is like that. Everytime there's some Mexidoon stupidity he just cringes! LOL

The funny part for me is that he said when he lived in Mexico people told him quite often how much he resembled Jorge Salinas (Oscar). It just cracks me up - there is a bit of a resemblance!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder