Thursday, January 08, 2009

Cuidado con el Angel, January 7, 2009

We start off with Marichuy going outside to the balcony were El Leopard is serenading her with his amazing harmonica.


JM and one of the investigators are talking in the living room. He tells JM that they could not find any information on Ivette and figures that she might be living here illegally. The other investigator is in the bedroom and asks Blanca who she is when JM walks into the room. JM informs the investigator who she is. JM tells a big whooper to the investigator that Blanca lives there and that he pays the rent and think whatever you want about all this. He then tells Blanca to go back to the house and take care of Mayita. (who in there right mind would allow a woman who just killed your wife take care of your child?)


Elsa is getting ready to go visit to the funeral. Amador comes for a visit and sees Elsa. He wonders out loud how long they will last after Nelson informs him that he and Elsa are back together. Elsa tells Amador that he needs to worry about his own problems like his baby.


At the funeral home Eduardo walks up to Onelia and offers his condolences. As he turns to leave Ceci sees him and stops him to talk. She asks him if he has seen Patricio or Estephania. He offers to go find them when Onelia asks him where her granddaughter is. She had asked Balbina where she was and was told that Eduardo had taken her. He tells her that JM requested that he take her to spare her the pain of the funeral. Onelia smarts off and tells Eduardo that if JM wanted to spare Mayita pain then he should not have killed Viv. Eduardo just stares at her.


Amador goes to visit Beatrice and the baby.


Onelia asks Eduardo where Mayita is. Eduardo tells her that he took her to Acapulco to stay with an aunt. Onelia says “You left my granddaughter with strangers? I want her back immediately. Tomorrow you bring her back to the house by the time I come back from burying my daughter”. Eduardo tells her that JM wanted him to but does not get to finish his sentence when Onelia interrupts him and says that she does not care what JM wants. That murderer is in jail and will stay there she responds.


Marichuy and El Leopard are conversing. He tells her that with her around he sees life differently. He now appreciates what he has starting with her. Marichuy gets embarrassed. He tells her that he knows she cannot forget the father of her child and he accepts it just so that he can have her near. (?) Maybe one day you will go back with him and I will deeply miss you. Although I will have memories of all the good in you. He tells her that he is not telling her all this to bother her, but the opposite. You cannot imagine all the good it has done for me to have you stay here with the baby and maybe one day he can be mine. I am ready to give him what he needs, love and an education among other things. He then starts serenading her. He suddenly stops and she asks him why. He then tells her that he wants her and the baby to stay at the hacienda forever.


Beatrice asks Amador what he is doing here. Amador tells her he came to see her. She doesn’t want to see him. Amador lifts the blanket that is covering the baby and says that he looks like all other babies. Again she tells him to go and never come back, but he pulls up a chair and asks her why the rush in pushing him out. There’s a knock on the door and a nurse comes in with a huge flower arrangement. Amador reads the card out loud and says that they are from Eduardo. He says something rude with that stupid smile on his face and leaves. What a jackass.


Elsa sees Ceci and tells her that she cannot believe that JM would do something like this. He is so against violence although I can understand after what Viv did to him. Her parents come up and they leave. Patricio comes up to Ceci and says it’s time to go.


JM is sitting in a jail cell.


Marichuy and the baby are in the hammock in the stables when El Leopard walks in on them.


The investigator is grilling JM. JM says what do you want? I have confessed. The investigator tells him that they have some doubts and that they believe that there was another person involved like a woman and he is covering it up.

Outside the Pinana is watching Marichuy and El Leopard.

Cande is inside cleaning up when she comes across the paper with JM’s picture on the front saying that he killed his wife. She is muy impactada.


The investigator tells JM that he believes that Ivette was involved in Viv’s death.


Amador visits with Isa and she wants to know they have taken the baby yet. No, but soon he tells her. She tells him that JM has been accused of killing his wife. She then shows him the paper.


Marichuy and El Leopard are talking and she tells him that it is time for her to start taking on responsibilities in the house, but he squashes that. He wants her to just take care of the baby. He will take up all your time and that is the best thing. What do I do then when he is asleep she asks. He suggests listening to music or reading a book. She doesn’t like those things. He then saya it’s time for them to resume there lessons on proper speech. She has to pass it on to her child. She agrees and says that she does like to read the comics. He suggests the paper.


JM asks the investigator who is feeding him all this information. If it was Ivette then who saw her and who opened the door to her?


Cande shows the paper to Micaela and tells her that they always fought like cats and dogs. Micaela starts to read the paper and tells Cande that Onelia is the one that accused him of murder.


Again the investigator tells JM to tell him the truth. Someone saw Ivette in the garden and they are prepared to testify. Where is the Frenchie?


Cande does not want Marichuy to see the paper. She wants to get rid of the paper. They go into the kitchen. El Leopard comes in after they have left and starts to look for the paper. Micaela and Cande are wetting the paper and balling it up to throw away. El Leopard comes into the kitchen and he asks them where the paper is.


Eduardo is with a patient telling her that she is pregnant. She wonders why out loud why her test results from the lab came back negative. Something about a margin of error (I don’t really care) and then asks her if she got her test results back immediately. She tells him that it took awhile and that maybe the lab accidentally switched the results with another person. This gives Eduardo an idea. He calls the lab and wants to know if Viv did her pregnancy test the same day that his patient went in.


El Leopard asks the ladies what is going on. Why the funny looks on there faces. Cande tells him to sit down and then begins to spin the web of lies that they accidentally used the paper to clean something up. El Leopard thinks that is why they had such funny looks on there faces. No they just feel bad. That’s okay, I just wanted to give the paper to Lirio (Marichuy). He says that he will just give her a book instead.


An attorney comes to visit Onelia at the funeral home. She wants him to find out if JM is really detained and make sure that JM pays for what he did. She wants him to be charged with 2 murders since Viv was pregnant. She wants JM in prison forever.


El Leopard brings Marichuy a romance book to read. He asks her if she has decided on a name for the baby.


Eduardo is on the phone and finds out that Viv and his patient were getting there pregnancy test done at the same time. He asks the other person on the line if there was someone with Viv. He wants to know how the mix up occurred.


Estephania wants Patricio to talk to JM about giving up the wear about of the Frenchie. She knows that he did not kill Viv.
Marichuy tells herself that she cannot tell him that she wants to call the baby Juan Miguel, so she says that she has not decided yet. He thinks it’s time that she picked a name. She tells him that since he was so good to her that maybe she will name him Omar. He smiles and tells her that he will make her a list or she can make one instead.


Micaela comes into the kitchen and tells Cande that she has finish taking the baby a bath. Cande asks if she has told Marichuy anything about what was in the paper. Of course not replies Micaela but when she leaves here she will find out. She asks Cande if they are going to stay here forever. She remembers how it was when they first got there and how things are now different. Cande asks Micaela if El Leopard has fallen for Marichuy. She confirms it and then asks if Marichuy has fallen for El Leopard. No answers Cande she still has feelings for the father of her baby.


Marichuy thought bubbles to the good times that she had with JM and his wonders how things would be if they were still together.


Patricio and Estephania are visiting with JM. JM asks if he has found him a lawyer yet. Patricio feeds him some story about how hard it is finding one now that the papers have called him a murderer. Estephania pleads with JM to tell the truth. She knows he did not kill Viv. JM finally realizes that Estephania is the one telling the investigators that the Frenchie did it. He says you have no proof, but she informs him that there is. He repeats to Patricio that he wants an attorney.


Onelia is holding a picture of Viv and is crying. One of the investigators pulls Balbina away and asks her to accompany him to the station for questioning.


Elsa comes back home and finds Nelson drunk. She gets mad. She asks why he is doing this.


Balbina tells the head investigator about seeing Ivette in the garden. He shows her a picture which she confirms is Ivette.


El Leopard and Marichuy are discussing baby names. He throws out names which she doesn’t like. He then says how about Juan. She tells him that she likes it. He says maybe Juan Jose or Juan Carlos. She suggests how about Juan Miguel. He likes it. She agrees and the baby is named Juan Miguel.


Tomorrow: Pirana takes the baby.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap, Gloria.
This was another draggy episode, and I fast-forwarded through some.

Elsa mentioned that Nelson was not only drinking but doing drugs. He collapsed in a big fake heroin nod, it seemed, while she over-emoted her horrified reaction.
This show is just too grim!

Yesterday, someone mentioned that they seem to have forgotten that Amador once attacked Marichuy and did the fake blindness thing. I think the writers may have decided that plotline was going nowhere so they decided to just ignore it as if it never happened.
 

Gloria: Good morning and thanks for the recap.

I'm still glued to this novela. I'm like Nelson. This is my drug of choice and I need a fix every night at 7:00 p.m.

This is just too, too much. Mari has not just one, but two handsome and wealthy men ready to die for her. One appears to have a brain and the other apparently had a brain that is now on vacation.

Anyway, from the sunny south.
 

Another great recap, Gloria. Even though these past episodes have been torpid.

I am hanging in there watching this novela. At the moment, I just like some parts of the show such as Marichuy's time with the baby, Leo, and the people at the hacienda. I still love the scenery and the feeling of the hacienda. I know that Pirana tries to theatened this tranquil atmosphere. I hope he get caught very soon and never returns or bothers Marichuy or the baby.

It seems that Onelia really did hate Juan Miguel because she really wants him to stay in jail for the rest of his life. She seems to not remember that this man support her and her daughter. Without him in their lives, there would be no granddaughter for Onelia. She doesn't even think of this. I hope Onelia learns her lesson that her own daughter did some evil things that can't be diminish.

I want to know what happens now that Juan Miguel is going to be in jail. Even if the writers made Juan Miguel look stupid, I am still curious to what happens to everyone involved. I also want to know what happens to Marichuy, her baby son, and Leo. We know that Leo is wants to marry Marichuy and for her to stay forever at the hacienda. I curious what she decides.

I will keep hanging in there to see what develops in the crazy story.

Genevieve
 

Hi all. I am new to the telenovella world and have fallen in love with this show. I thought it would be difficult ot follow not understanding the language but I think I am doing ok. I am grateful I found this wonderful site. All the recappers do such a great job, though I am partial to Julia's sense of humor! Thank you all for making this show more enjoyable. ella in MA
 

Gloria...thanks for hanging in there to do the recap. I'm finding Cuidado unbearable for the moment....except for that darling baby. But knowing he's going to be kidnapped makes it unwatchable for me.

Often think of your "damned bird" refrain though, and smile.
 

Welcome, Ella!

I'm hoping that Juan Miguel's incredible stupidity now just means he will have to be really extra awesome later in order to redeem himself. And of course I am thrilled that my novio Eduardo seems to have a little more brain function.

If the kidnapping isn't thwarted IMMEDIATELY I am going to be very upset. Amador is so evil. Even with Beatriz, he says he wants nothing to do with her and then has to return just to torment her. Ugh.

Thanks for paying attention to the details for us, Gloria.
 

Gloria, thanks for the great recap.

I think one of the most dangerous people on the show is Amador. His attack of Marichuy and subsequent ploy pretending to be blind was sickening. His complete indifference to his newborn child shows he is incapable of any feeling. Not to mention he is going full speed ahead in hastening little JM's abduction.

The thought of Pirana holding that beautiful baby for even one minute is enough to make me ill.

Pasofino, I can't stop watching even though the abduction is going to be very upsetting. I have to be sure he gets home safely. Diana in MA
 

JM told Blanca to go back to the house to take care of Mayita just to get her away from the police. Remember Mayita is in Acapulco with Ed's aunt, not even at the castle.
 

Ella,

Welcome. I also just started watching this show, as well as Tontas, and just finished a course in basic Spanish, so finding this site was wonderful for me too. I am slowly learning words just by watching. I agree, the recappers are great, but Julia, ah, Julia, she is something else! Even my daughter, who watches the show occasionally, was laughing out loud reading the recap from yesterday. The best part was about cute JM not making it in jail. Julia, you are too funny!

Amador is beyond evil. Did you see him playing with the bed remote? I thought he was going to squish poor Beatriz and the baby in between the top and bottom half of the mattress. AND, doesn't this guy have another T-shirt? Always the same one...Julia's novio, Ed, sure is a swell guy sending flowers to his patient. Mine OB never did that!

Speaking of hot Ed, it seems he is onto something with Viv's fake pregnancy test. Hope so.

I am not looking forward to the baby being kidnapped either. (is that baby beautiful or what)? I'm sure Leo will save the day though, come riding through the forest on his stallion and scoop up little baby JM.

Violet
 

Welcome, Ella! It’s great to have you join us.

Gloria, thank you for getting all those details. Somehow I was having trouble keeping up last night…

Didn’t JM tell the police that he was just meeting Blanca to finish up her paperwork since she was quitting? As I said, I wasn’t understanding too well last night. So if that’s the case, why would he send her home to care for (the absent) Mayita?

It’s amazing to me that the police are just now starting to interview others in the house. And they haven’t had a talk with Rocio either.

I couldn’t believe that Elsa, who was brought up properly, wore jeans and a low-cut top to go to the funeral. But I was glad that the judge came back and finally got Ceci, whom he’d abandoned at the funeral without a word.

Since nobody watches TV at the hacienda, you’d think Leo would be glued to his newspaper and wouldn’t be so causal about it being used to stoke the stove. Genevieve, I agree about the hacienda – it’s lovely. I wish Mari would marry Leo and stay there. Instead she’s fated to end up at the lonesome castle San Roman, with a mother at the sterile and also lonesome Casa Velarde.

NinaK – they did wrap up Amador’s blindness. He got found out. At that time he was a director at the little theater. Somehow he morphed into a Televisa director and he abandoned our theater group, but I don’t recall that any explanation for the change was ever given.
 

Thanks anonymous for pointing out that Mayita was not at the castle when JM sent Blanca over there. I did this recap late last night and my mind was a little tired. I like to write as accurate as possible. Welcome Ella! So glad that you have joined us. I also agree with how amazing Julia is on her recaps. I espeically enjoy the narkster on fuego.
 

Oh, you all are too kind. I always find other people's recaps more entertaining than my own.

Maggie, I agree that JM sending Blanca back to the house made no sense, and I hope the inspector caught that. His story has more holes than the entire PGA circuit.

Amador is so totally vile, his downfall should be really fun to watch. I really like the actor and I hope someday to see him in a good-guy role so I can ogle him properly, without conflict.

Jody, I saw your comment from yesterday about the episode numbering. I'm not at all sure I'm right; I tried to verify on esmas but they seem to have maybe skipped a number or two so who knows? I may stop numbering but I think it might be helpful to anyone who's trying to find the original air date to catch an episode on YouTube.
 

Also: if anyone acted that cagey when I wanted to see the newspaper, I'd go straight to town and buy another one.
 

Thank you all for the welcome. Is it me or does MC talk faster than humanly possible?? She would make my head spin even if I could understand what she was saying!!
 

I think even if Ispoke fluent Spanish, I would have no clue what MC is saying. Speaking fast is putting it mildly!

Did you notice the new song Maite is singing now for the show? The only word I know is the first one of the song, Contigo...Very nice, but I like Esta Soledad better.
 

Julia – I want to join the others in saying what a romp your recaps are. I was crushed when we lost Beckster off the 8 o’clock show, so I was extra glad when I saw how your humor sparkled.

I too love reading everyone’s recaps. Everyone has a different way of seeing the shows (the commenters included) which makes watching these sometimes hokey, sometimes moving stories much more fascinating and involving. I love this site and all the incredible participants.
 

Thanks for the fabulous and thorough recap Gloria. Dunno how you get it all in in such a short time.

Maggie, yup, JM was totally contradicting himself on the whole Blanca situation: “she’s quitting and I came to bring her severance check. I set her up in this place even though I have her living at my house. Get back to the house to take care of my kid that isn’t there but still needs you, even though you just quit and I came to pay you.” On the plus side, our cops are seeing the wheels turning and are just waiting for JM to accidentally spill some truth. I agree that JM is smoking crack if he honestly thinks it’s a good idea to send such an unstable individual back to his house, especially since there’s no telling when Ivette will rear her psycho little head.

Julia – loved the PGA course comparison ;) As for Omar and the paper, I think we’re supposed to believe he’s so thrilled to have Mari around that he doesn’t mind the little things like having his paper destroyed. I agree that the reasonable thing would have been for him to just get another paper, but it’s too much of a drag to go to town for one when he can stay home and look for books for Marichuy to read so she can fall in love with him... Don’t get me wrong, I like the guy, he’s just getting a little too sugary lately, that’s all.
 

Gloria,

I hope I didn't come across as being snotty about Marita not being home. I don't know how you remember anything from this show to recap it in its entirety for us to enjoy. I am in awe and envious!
 

Heh anonymous you did not come across as snotty at all. Don't worry. You were just clarifying. I appreciate it. That means you really are reading my recaps :)
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria. Posting late but wanted to thank you all for the great comments and welcome Ella.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder