Thursday, April 09, 2009

Las Tontas no van - Wed Apr. 8 - A troll, heart holes, and a GOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

We start off with Ali making a promise we know she won’t be able to keep despite herself. To leave Pato alone, both of them alone if Candi loves him. She just wants her baby, she needs a reason to live. Pato leaves feeling about the same as I about Ali’s ability to carry through with that.

Candi continues to tell Santi, Pato was her life, but she doesn’t feel that any more, but she feels guilty because she feels really good seeing Chava with his Dad, and she feels really bad if she takes it away. When Santi starts bugging her about this, she reminds him he did the same with Mari. He asks her then what she will do with Pat and she says end it, but she’s not sure how. He suggests a text message. Ha.

She says she’s happy, but then there are moments like this when she is close to Santi and as they move closer cheek to cheek, the young kids come in and make fun. The couples chide each other about arms around the girls and they discuss about the kids coming to the institute tomorrow. Luci has to drag Santi away to home.
Zamora takes Sole home and she thanks him and invites him for coffee, but like a dummy he says no, and starts talking a mile a minute that it’s late and it’ll take her too long to make it, and besides they had coffee already at the restaurant, and….this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where George was invited up for coffee and declined saying he can’t drink it it keeps him up at night, only to realize that maybe “coffee” wasn’t just “coffee” and he probably offended the girl he was with. Anyway, Zam asks if she is still in pain and she says a little, so he says he’ll put ice on it, er he means she should put ice on herself. She says see you tomorrow, he starts to leave, but then stops to ask her if they will really see each other tomorrow. She says it’s just a formality to say that, so good night. Anyway, he leaves with little birdies flying around his head and wishes her sweet dreams. He then yells something after she closed the door, but I couldn’t catch this, does anyone know? Something about being desnuda maybe? Not sure. Anyway, she smiles.

Santi and Lu arrive home to Issy and Santi tells her how the kids made up and then gives us more PSA about AIDS and how Lu will work with Candi. Issy is glad Lu is over her resentment and will learn what she needs to keep herself safe. She asks about Candi and he sort of brushes her off. She tells him not to resign himself to losing her, he should fight for love.

We switch to the other house where Pato is happy Candi waited for him for dinner, she learns he was with Ali and he agreed not to help her with the baby. He wants her to make him coffee while he runs to take a bath. She says she will, but hurry because she’s dead tired. He notes that she is distant, and she says yeah she’s got some worries, but ignore it. He runs up and her phone rings. It’s Santi, and he tells her he was going to hang up if she didn’t answer. She thinks that’s immature, but he doesn’t care; he saw a couple on the way home and the girl was wearing a Chivas shirt so this reminded him of something. She thinks maybe it was the last Classico where the Chivas won 3-2 over America. Wikipedia has super great detailed info in English about this famous match and other she talks about and their incredible rivalry. FWIW…..Viva los Chivas!!!!! (I’m a Chiva all the way….)

He says ha ha you’re funny but remembers a dream that she told him about being at the Azteca stadium the last time she went to a match with her Dad. She says oh yeah, the one where we won 3-0 under the coaching of Profe Bracamontes (her Dad in real life for those of you who didn’t know) and she remembers it was Sept. 2000. Indeed it was. He smugs that she has a good memory, but she says she just has a super Chiva memory. She always remembers when they beat America, the others she forgets. Anyway, he was talking about her dream that she made a goal in the Azteca stadium. She says that dream died because a woman can’t do that, only if she was to get put on El TRI Femenil (the Mexcian women’s national soccer team) and she’s really bad anyway so that will never happen. He says he just wanted to hear her voice so good night, and she says good night as well to Plastic Doc.
Poor Pato comes downstairs to find a cooling cup of coffee and a cool note that Candi couldn’t wait, and went up to bed. He is sad.






We go through a series of passing events, Candi and the teens attending a class and studying, Pato hanging with his kids and getting dissed by an always sleeping (not really) Candi. Santi holds a picture of the Stadio Azteca - me thinks me knows where that is going, and we see a much poppinger Marissa moaning about her mirror reflection and stick tonguing Santi’s picture.
Doc and Horty have a talk about a patient; Horty hoping he’ll help her and then they argue about when to send in the poor woman.




Candi runs down AGAIN, why it’s so great that the teens are helping. She gets a phone call, it’s Plastic doc…she agrees to see him tonight for a surprise. The teens cheer and Lu tells her how sad Pa has been because he misses her.

Enter a woman and a man into Doc‘s office, and the woman has one nasty smashed up nose. I bet I know where this is headed. Ugh. The man begs Santi to help fix her, and he promises they will get ready for emergency surgery right away. When he’s gone she tells her husband not to say anything. IN the operating room our Doc swift says the fracture is complex and strange and not like something from falling down stairs. This perplexes me, because in telenovela land people die and get paralyzed from falling down stairs, so what is so strange about multiple nose fractures? Anyway…..


Ali goes to see Candi and plays the martyr begging her to talk to Pato, because she has nothing to live for, she’s alone, empty, lost her family, hubby, Mom wants to live with you. Candi gives and agrees to talk to Pat about the baby.

Mari is at the doc whining about the pregnancy and upset that she has maybe 2-3 weeks left to go.

Santi talks to the woman, Rosa, very sweetly and asks her if in patient doctor confidence she will tell him what really happened with the four fractures she has. She says it’s not my husband. He loooves me. Santi tells her to rest and leaves.

Mari tells Ali to pack her bags, no way is she having natural birth with all it’s pain. They are going off but she gets mad when Ali asks what kind of climate they are going to. They’ll meet at the airport.

Gregoria is telling Charlie how to warm up the dinner she has made and Meno notes that she is all dressed up and must be going out somewhere. He kids her, but she says she’s going to meet her other daughter.

Meno plays his best Drag Gossip Gal and calls up Ali to find out that she is in disgust with her mother and doesn’t care to see her right now. Aha, he got his info and knows she’s lying Snark monster!!

Next we see Santi consulting with Candi and Barb about domestic violence and discussing who is ill the beater or beatee, and they determine both need counseling to break the cycle of dependence. Candi says she’ll write an article and Barb agrees to help. Santi begs Barb off. She fusses about a bit until he asks her flat out to disappear and wants to know if Candi is ready for her surprise. They are going on a flight but she has to stop by her house first and get her Chivas shirt. No she doesn’t, she has one in her drawer for whatever emergency!!!
Next we see a very nervous Gregoria meeting Arturo for dinner. So nervous she screams for a waiter at the top of her lungs in a very nice restaurant, when oone is right behind her.


Next we see Santi leading a blindfolded Candi around in the Azteca. He says they are making her dream come true. She says you are with Brad Pitt? He says no, the other one, and she says Patrick Dempsey? (whoa that’s going back….) finally she takes off the bandana to learn where she is. That’s not all, he’s managed to get Adolfo Rios to serve as goalkeep, not him. Turns out the bandana was Santi’s America shirt which he asks her if she would like to kiss for luck, she essentially tells him to stuff it and kisses her Chivas emblem. She winds up and takes her kick and Rios blocks. She sulks but Santi cheers for his America pal, but then realizes that wasn’t the point and “counsels” his friend to not try so hard, eh. He then tells A very broken up Candi that Rios moved early and so she gets a redo. I swear we see her undergarments again, but whatever. Anyway, she makes this one and of course there are hugs all around.

Santi says now it’s his turn to make his dream to come true; his dream is to marry a goat and that isn’t Mari. Well a Chiva. He tells her he’s not getting married. Mari is crazy and plays games and he’s not in love with her so he’s not going in for it.

He did all this because the airplane food sucks and well he wants her to leave Pato. She says it’s hard because of Chava but since they are in the Azteca, they’ll drop all that for now, except zero kisses. They both shout it out and sit down to dinner.

Art and Greg talk about her being nervous because his wife thought they were lovers. He tells her he thinks she’s afraid. She gets up to leave, but he begs her not to leave. He likes her and wants them to….he leans in for a kiss and she smacks him.

Santi and Candi crack up and drink like four different wines and champagnes. Santi thinks the should live together to save on lights, water, rent, she didn’t think water because she bathes a lot, he too, so of course they have to bathe together then. He teases her about her repressed sexuality but says she is sexy indeed.

Meanwhile, Pato is waiting at home. Grega returns from her non-tryst and Pato springs on her she needs to tell him the truth. She says about what and he replies Candi. She says well, crap, you left one of my daughters to be with the other what do you want me to say. I’m annoyed. He says it’s not like that. She also tells him he shouldn’t use his son to try and win her over either because as a mom she’ll do anything for her son including live with you and stomps out begging him not to ask questions if he doesn’t like the answer he gets. OK this was weird, I had no idea she hated him so much. Oh well, Telenovela land. And that’s the end for tonight.

Labels:


Comments:
Good morning Kris, didn't see this but sounds like Candy is still ping-ponging around as usual. Great pictures and great soccer info with links. Thanks for putting in the extra time to do that, particularly with your jam-packed schedule.

Good call on the Seinfeld episode....and "much poppinger" Hah! that is now my favorite pseudo-German phrase! Good one, Kris.
 

PS I tagged it for you.
 

Kris: Excellent pictures and recap.

Zamora is trying so hard and Soledad's smiles seemed genuine. Was she simply touched by his efforts and having a good time or was it the start of something else?

Great gend of the date scene made even better by your clever Seinfeld comparison with the realization maybe “coffee” wasn’t just “coffee”.

Pat went from hero to zero in sixty seconds flat. Cold shoulder from Candy and a diatribe of icy proportions from Greg (not that she was wrong). I think the avalanche is just beginning.

Diana in MA
 

Thank you so much Kris!
If Candy dumps Pat will he go back to Soledad?
He could also stay with Alicia and keep the relationship like it was before.
I think Soledad deserves better for she and Beto but I don't see Zamora as more than a good friend.
Maybe Raul?
Mariloca definitely "popped" on this show. She now looks like the due date is imminent.
I would think the c-section date would have already been set if she doesn't want to go into labor.
I wonder about Alicia eating crackers all the time. Maybe she will have a surprise for Pat?
Is she not suppose to be able to have children?

Carrie L.
 

Kris, thanks for another great recap. We were very much on the same wavelength last night.I thought about the same Seinfeld episode as Zamora was saying goodnight to Soledad. "Coffee doesn't mean coffee,"as he slaps his forehead. I don't that that registered with Zamora. And when the woman showed up with the broken nose and the solicitous husband, well I saw that exact scene played over and over again when I worked the ER. I have absolutely no sympathy or patience for men who do that. The only thing missing was the husband demanding that his wife be attended to right this minute. Sadly I'm afraid that such men are irredeemable. The best advice(based on my experience)is that the woman put as much distance between her and him as possible.I don't think counseling(for the man) ever does much good, and unfortunately the women many times is all too willing to stay in that relationship. Sorry, I realize that I'm preaching to the choir here.

Zamora has my full support. I think he and Soledad look great together and I don't think there is a sweeter guy in this story.

As for Santi's ploy at the stadium:

GOL! GOL! GOL!

Carlos
 

I've made no secret of the fact I am still struggling to understand over 90% of what is being said since I speak very little Spanish and have no captions.

I am totally embarrassed that I honestly thought the woman being treated by Santi had been injured in a car accident. I mentioned to my husband how caring her husband was being to her. Blech.

Carlos, I don't know how you and other professionals deal with those situations. How do you keep your anger and disgust in check? I can't imagine how difficult that must be. Diana in MA
 

I love your pictures! Thanks for the wonderful recap. I liked the links too; I missed a bunch of the soccer references so I appreciate the education.

I liked the last scene with Greg and Pato. To me it didn't seem like she hates him, she has been on Team Pato since the beginning. However she has seen what's been going on and I think she knows Candy in her heart doesn't love him. She was being honest with Pat, brutally honest I guess. Maybe she's as tired of the Candy-head ping pong match as we are!

Adolfo Rios is one fit guy. I'm impressed.
 

Diana, I'm afraid in those situations I don't have a very good poker face. I've been told by nurses that if looks could kill, this guy would be needing an undertaker. And once they discover that the police are coming, he tends to become scarce.

I really felt sorry for Pato, but as Gregoria said,"if you don't want the truth, don't ask.

Carlos
 

Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Paris anymore.
 

Great recap, Kris, and of course I loved all the pictures and links.

Even though for one day it seems as if Candy's going toward Santi, it seemed that as soon as Santi said he WASN'T going to marry Mari, Candy backed off a bit, and agreed to dinner, but zero kisses. This is another example of Paula's analysis that Candy wants Santi more when she can't have him. When she can (such as he calls off the wedding), she backs away. She really is afraid of commitment, I guess.

However, what a lucky lady she is, with two handsome guys, both with endless money, able to take her on plane flights, hire famous soccer stars or famous singers, rent a country house, buy her uncle's restaurant to save it, take her to magic spots, have magic days, it never ends. And yet, she won't commit to either guy. Maybe the writers actually DO want her to learn a lesson, and she'll actually lose both guys, just to have some sort of epiphany right at the end, and end up cured, and with one of the guys. But that would mean we have a rocky road ahead, if she actually loses both guys. I can't see her really committing to Santi at this point, because there's too much of the show left.
 

Thanks, Kris! I just loved this episode! Pivotal transition. The landscape has changed and Santiago didn't waste any time moving in!

In the scene at her house, he started resigned: "I know I'm not the man of your life." But when she said, "I'm going to break up with Pat," I clocked it. Santi waited all of 25 seconds before he started pawing her. And she didn't argue (because he's safe - he'll marry Mar, right?). Fifteen seconds after that, he says, "Let's find someplace where we can be alone." So in 45 seconds he goes from "I'll miss you all my life" to "Come up and see my etchings."

Then he called just to hear her voice. Then he made her dream come true. Finally he asked her to move in together. Santiago lost her once. If he doesn't catch her this time, he's making sure it won't be for lack of trying.

Right after Candy admitted that Pat is not "el hombre de mi vida,"
notice Santi stood up to her? I think it's the first time. She accused him of not leaving Marissa back when he should have. He said, "You're hitting below the belt and I deserve it, but we're talking about you, not me." Go, Santiago! Maybe you finally grew some.

Hombre d'M, I also noted Candy's change in demeanor when Santi says he's not going to marry Marissa. Ruh-roh! Candy bar the door! Suddenly he's not safe anymore. She pulled way back and was much, MUCH more defensive thereafter.

What a delicious episode!
 

Thanks for the recap Kris!
Hard to say where Soledad will end up. The last time I remember her talking to her ex, we thought they may still end up together. They seemed to get along well at that time. Seems like Pato should get stuck with Alicia if anyone. I think they are still married.
Yes, tonight, GOL! for both Candy and Santi. Once Pato hears about it, we'll have to see what he comes up with to get Candy's attention.
Was figuring that on the flight to DF that Santi and Candy would catch Ali and Mariloca at the airport. Maybe they'll see them there on the way back. :-)
JeffMN
 

Hi Jeff, I believe that Candy and Pat are still married legally. She tore up divorce papers recently (which she may now be regretting :)) Diana in MA
 

Ha, you know I just opened this again and when I saw my title the first thing I thought was, wait, why didn't I write that like they say it? Then I see you all have basically the same idea in the comments. So I changed it.

Someone's comment from last week definitely applied last night as before I knew it, it was 2:30 am, so I guess there's my answer.

I had a lot of nervous energy and didn't tire like I usually do. Sheesh! Yes, this was a fun episode.

My thought with Gregoria was that she could have communicated this same information in a less harsh manner to him, so I was surprised at how angry she sounded, although I suppose maybe she was still freaked out from her "un" dinner date that she agreed to go on, then abandoned before it even really began. I suppose the attempted kiss would have been enough to send her over the edge.

I don't know, I'm feeling bad for Patricio, despite knowing he has sort of made his own bed. But frankly, he's really been nothing but sweet since he found out she is alive, and by this point after 8years she's either over his original sin or she isn't, and if she isn't, she has no business even giving him the time of day, so what can I say. It's like hombre said...these guys are doing amazing things for her, not that that is a measure of love, but heck in the grand scheme of things these guys are definitely on the heavy side of the great guy scale and the other very lovely ladies in this show should be so lucky!!
 

Carlos - I was scrolling by while on my way to MEPS and saw the smashed nose picture, and stopped in to read the comments. I want to give you a big cyberhug and say you are 100% correct about those type husbands/lovers/boyfriends. I answered crisis lines for 7 or 8 years at a YWCA battered womens' shelter and learned from people there that it is indeed a (very) rare man who changes after counseling, anger management sessions, etc. While often more dangerous than staying, leaving is the best solution.
 

Hi Diana, thanks for the info. I was thinking semi-opposite. Marriage was over because Candy was 'dead' for a few years. But, new marriage to Alicia should still be there. Then again, was that marriage done in Vegas? Maybe it stayed in Vegas?
JeffMN
 

Okay I love this website.. I'm trying to find out how my husband who speaks no spanish can enjoy my novela? we have verizon and i have looked to find the english translation of las tontas, please help me figure it out.. blancanyc69@verizon.net I must be missing something.
 

Sorry, Merle, I don't understand your question. If you mean translation of the title, it's "The stupid women don't go to heaven." But if you mean the transaltion of the dialog into English, there is none. The closest thing is the English-language recaps on this blog.

If that doesn't answer your question, please clarify what you mean.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder