Tuesday, April 21, 2009

OK, so I was late, sue me. MEPS 4/20, the fox and the lion and the white king and why doesn't anybody ever give straightforward helpful information?

Sorry for the delay, folks. I got confused and forgot I was "on" for last night. It's because I can't count to two. Thanks for setting me straight, Judy!

  • Yesterday's uncomfortable tete a tete between Fr/Ed and Fern continues, see below.

  • Barb's equally uncomfortable meeting with Artemio continues as well. He has told her to whack Father Bosco so "... he'll take Fr/Ed's secrets to his grave! Do it like you did to Montserrat! [with a pillow?], I don't want to have wasted 15 years of my life to see my vengeance ruined!"

    Barb tells him about Fr/Ed and the Power Meelk deal, Artemio asks if she believes in Fr/Ed. "Seems he is a serious guy." "Seems? That's not the kind of answer I expect from you. Find out everything about his past. Is he gonna mess up my vengeance? Maybe you'll have to knock him off, too."

  • Gardenia and Jacinto walk and talk, she's afraid Fern is visiting Fr/Ed to make her, Gardenia, come back to work for the Elizaldes - back to that awful gross Camila and the Hyena! Jacinto reassures her: Fr/Ed is not afraid of any of them. "Oh, but maybe 'Mr. Santorito' will put me out on the street! You know how the rich are!" Later, she stops Fern on the way out to make sure she's not in trouble. All of this was expendable.

  • Santiago has managed to get inside Dominga's house. He butters her up and asks her for Aurora's hand in marriage. Dominga is butter-resistant, she yells rude things and tells him to leave. But Santi says to Aurora, in a cheerful loud stage whisper, "She's right not to trust me, she doesn't know me. But we must EXPLAIN I'm a FAMOUS PAINTER going to a FAMOUS ACADEMY and my FAMOUS PAINTINGS are selling for MILLIONS OF DOLLARS and you will NEVER BE SHORT OF MONEY and SHE WON'T EITHER."

    This works like a charm. Dominga gives them permission to leave the house, and Santi sez he and Aurora will bring back dinner. "And BOOZE," adds Dominga, and as the door closes she chuckles, "that little blondie's gonna be good business."

    Santi drags Aurora right off to the church. "But I told you, the priest is not interested in helping me find my baptismal certificate." "He'll be more interested when he realizes we're getting married, and you'll need it!"

    The secretary says the priest will be back "later, or maybe tomorrow." Santi plops down on a bench and tells the secretary they'll just sit there and wait till the priest comes back and can marry them! He plops a big fat kiss on Aurora, pointing out to the sec that it's a sin! Aurora is not really with this program.

  • Vlad is, yes, still stalking Prisila. To make a long story short, she wants him to go away forever, he loves her blah blah, he finally admits he knows she's pregnant and he read Anibal's doctor's reports and even took them to a doc friend to confirm that (a) Anibal is sterile and therefore (b) he, Vlad, is father of the future baby, "and you and I are going to have a lot to talk about till the end of our lives."

    Pris just keeps saying she never wants to see him again and throws him out of the car and drives away. Between her repulsive black scare wig and his rank greasy locks, they are the worst hair-couple of the show.

  • Anibal has just gotten the recent rotten-milk reports and tells his dad they're worse than expected - "we wouldn't have enough money to cover this even if we sold our souls to the devil. Only Fern can save us from total ruin." The wimpy dad cries. They just wait for Fern to come home from this trip and tell them they have found salvation with Power Meelk.

  • Fr/Ed just gets as close and cozy as can be and sorta whispers to Fern that the reason the whole Power Meelk deal depends on her is that his employers are philanthropists and that her plans for the community center are the only thing that makes them want to work with Lactos. No social investment, no deal. "So simple?" asks Fern suspiciously. "Yes, the founders think riches should be shared." "So simple?" "I like that you're so suspicious." "Well, a biz as big as Power Meelk doesn't give something for nothing. What do they want in return?" "You're the key. They need to know who they're dealing with - who are you?"

    He asks her to call him Franco, and to use "tu" with him (be less formal). She points out it's not she he's doing business with and says, "It's hard to believe you work with such angels, out to help the common man." "Are you so surprised there are still generous people on this earth? Generosity does exist - are you generous?"

    "You'd have to ask somebody else." "No, I'm asking - are you generous with yourself? Since we met, two things have drawn my attention. One is your great beauty. The other is your absence. You're like a beautiful, well-appointed house with nobody living in it. I expect you love your husband, but you seem to be longing for (missing) love in your soul." She starts to cry and goes to the bathroom.

    Boy, Ed is really asking for it. [There are a lot of songs about guys who leave their sweethearts and go off to war and are gone so long they are unrecognizable when they get back, and they lie to their girlfriends and say "your boyfriend is dead," just to see if their women would be faithful and properly grief-stricken, and then when they're satisfied with all the sobbing they happily say, "just fooling," and the girls fall into their arms, but if it was me, I'd sock a guy who did that to me. --Ed.] What a liar: "Oh, Fern, I am so sorry I hurt you. I could see those flowers at your wedding really put a damper on things." "It wasn't just that, it was the guy who sent them, my nana's son." "The one who died?" She cries. "Despite all that's happened, you are so affected by his death?" [GRRR!]

    She asks, did you really have to know all this to do biz with my family? "No, I ask for myself- because your sadness pains me."

    She pulls herself together and gives him the files she brought. "One more request," he asks, "don't go on your trip till this business is settled." 'The nerve!' is what her look says. He says he'll send the info to Steve Nor-Ton today and have a "verdict" in a few days.

  • There's a knock on the door! It's Erica! She and Fern are unpleasantly surprised to see each other. "I thought you were on your honeymoon. Did I come at a bad time?"

    Err tells Fern she's organizing a parrillado (is it another horsey thing?) because she wants Fr/Ed to officially meet the parents. "Oh, Demian and I prolly can't come cause we'll be on our trip." Err wheedles and wheedles, they can delay a few more days, it means sssooooo much to me! "I'm not in the mood for a party." "It's not just any party. Invite everybody even that swine Camilo."

    Fern's had enough. She says goodbye. She tells Fr/Ed not to see her out but he follows her to the door anyway.

    After she leaves, Err sheepishly reveals she invented the whole thing on the spot, and sort of apologizes, but then suggests that their farce of a relationship could be made real - she'd like that. And would he please come to this dinner with her parents? He asks, "Can I think about it?" "Think about which: our relationship, or the dinner?" Just the dinner, he'd prefer to let destiny take care of the other... She kisses his unresponsive face and tells him he's a total gentleman.

  • Fr/Ed sits holding the big white king from Cero's chess set. "The head of the king must be ready for battle," said Cero, and "The white king must lose his head so I can get my liberty back," said Lili. Suddenly, Fr/Ed pulls the head off that ol' white king! He fishes out a rolled up piece of paper and Jacinto comes in promptly to hear the important information: "When circumstances require that one behave like a beast, it's best for the prince to become a fox and a lion, because the lion doesn't know how to protect himself from tricks and the fox doesn't know how to protect himself from wolves." Jacinto is confused, I know he is because he says: "I don't understand."

    "At the very end it says to give it to Isaac Newton." Condescendingly Fr/Ed explains that Newton was Mr. Gravity but has been dead for centuries. "But this is the weapon." "Why don't you just ask Cero, then you wouldn't have to guess?" "Cero is dead."

  • Before going home, Fern stops at Margarita's to ask, again, if she and Jacinto really had no more dealings with Eduardo after the first phone call. She tells Margarita he's dead, he committed suicide. I thought maybe at first Margarita thought this was true news, but when she hears about Ed being buried next to his mother in the crypt, realizes it's just part of his whole racket.

    Fern's sobs really tugged at my heartstrings though they did not dislodge her mascara. "I think Eduardo came back so he could be buried with his mother. Now, I think you knew about this already!" (denials) ..."then," muses Fern, "nobody knew but Father Bosco? I'd hoped Eduardo would forgive me - it was my fault that he suffered. I really want to build this community center so kids can study and don't have to leave..." sobs inconsolably.

Labels:


Comments:
No problem Melinama! Thanks for the recap and many thanks for the wonderful site and community you have created here. Others have jumped in to help out with this episode, so no hurry. :-)
Glad to see what was in the note from Ciro. Didn't make sense watching it last night either. I'll have to replay it again before taping over it.
JeffMN
 

So, is he now satisfied that Nanda was really broken up about him? He makes me crazy. He seems to really feel how sad she is, and yet he keeps pushing to. Really, like she isn't sad enough?

JeffMN what I meant about Erika and the wrong guys, is that he is so obviously not into her, how can the girl not notice. He doesn't respond to even the simplest kiss. He barely even smiles at her anymore. Does he need a neon sign over his head that says no? She is really pretty, from a rich family, why doesn't she have a bunch of guys after her? She's getting to be like a female Vlad!

I can't imagine Margarita isn't going to give Jacinto and Ed if he shows up, an earful about how poor Nanda is suffering.

Didn't Fr/Ed pause at one point and start to say I...as though he might blurt it out, and then recover himself? I really have to learn Spanish now!
 

Ditto what Jeff said. Loved the recap Melinama. I was wearing the same expression on my face like Eddie after reading the note. What is this gibberish supposed to mean? Maybe Lil will be able to figure it out since Ciro always spoke to her in code.
 

Oops, sorry Melinama, I didn't say thank you. Thank you!

I don't think it means anything. The writers just like to mess with the viewer and get them stewing over this crap!
 

Molly, yep, I know where you're coming from. :-)
It can't be made any clearer to Errika, the way he acts. But if you have someone being that nice to you and has that smile, you have to give it as much of a shot as you can. :-)
I think my wife has probably figured out something about the note. The guess is it probably pertains to something in Ciro's room, all of those books. Must be something about Newton there, perhaps his Principia. That would probably contain the next clue, maybe? That would mean Lili and Martina may have to stay awhile longer and look through things?
JeffMN
 

Oh, Jeff! Your wife is astute. The book about Isaac Newton is a really good guess. I'm pretty sure the note in the chess piece was never in the box that Soledad left. Those pieces of paper were bigger. It seems Ciro knows something about Babs and the evil guy - unclear how he got the information. Maybe Lili had a rational moment during one of their chess games. Egad the wolves and lions, etc., were beyond cryptic.
 

Thanks for the recap, Melinama. I'm proud of myself for being able to understand what Ed said to Fer about her absence and sadness, empty house, etc. Ciro's note, however, was total gibberish. I'm sure it'll become clear in time. At least Ed found it before the final semanas.
La Paloma
 

It is funny how they have puzzles, instead of straightforward helpful info, but maybe that adds to the fun. I think the fox and the lion thing means that Fr/Ed has to be sly like a fox, but strong like a lion. As for the Isaac Newton thing, the idea that the next clue is in a book in Ciro's room sounds good.

A parrillada is a barbecue.
 

Melinama~~~Thanks so much. Ciro saw the birth certificate [which his greedy grasping wife now has]. One of my students thought that Art was named as the father on that certificate. Lili probably told Ciro lots since he was her only friend other than Soledad. And so it goes....
 

p.s. That was pretty smart of Santiago to think of marrying Aurora [or at least sayimg he was going to] on order for her to get her birth certificate. He is also an excellent schmoozer. Dominga fell for his tricky trick. I l,ike him more and more.
 

I, too, think that parrillada is a bbq. Poor pointless Errorika, she has looks, money, but no sense...but she gives a female balance to the stalker theme of this TN.

The whole scene with Eddy and Fer talking "business" was just too odd. All personal questions and he torturing her. And I don't understand why Fer would be concerned at all that Gardenia would be working for Eddy. She was shown the door from Elizalde Manor, tho I'm not sure why, but seems to be on good terms w/Fer, so what's the sweat?

The headless king and silly riddle. I hope that Lili can make some sense of it. Did everything from under her floor come out? Was it just the little chest that Ciro's wonderful and loving family took?

Thganks for the recap, Melinama, and don't be concerned about posting it late, I got out of the house early!
 

ITA w/ Hombre, strong as lion, cunning as fox. Maybe Franco is the lion because he's backed by Power Milk, and Eduardo is the weak fox who is masterminding the plan.

I liked when Santiago told the church secretary, I forget exactly, something like, "If we leave here now we might do something sinful together!"
 

Well, Fr/ed is a fox , and he has been ''lion'' a lot lately...sorry...I couldn't help myself. It's been a looong , weird day here in reality. Forgive me.
 

JeffMN that is a great idea your wife came up with! He was always going back to his books. There might be a paper in them or something. Yay for the wife!

Erika just makes me sad. I mean if she was really going to go for it she could do something really bold. Unfortunately if she does, he will be really nice and turn her down and then she will feel worse!

Okay, they have to bring more guys on this show. Erika, Gardenia, a real man for Priss. I can't stand Vlad. Blech.

I would like to see Barb hit on Fr/Ed, that would be really funny! Maybe Dam will get redeamed and Erika can have him. He is certainly not hard on the eyes.
 

Thank you for a very informative recap. There's a lot of redeeming that Eddie has to do in order to make up for the hurt he has caused Nanda. True to novela style, when she finds out the truth, she's going to be so angry and upset and he's going to have to beg her forgiveness. During that time I'm sure that Eddie's fanclub will rip Fernanda apart for not immediately forgiving him (based on his looks alone). He's allowing Erika to make a fool of herself instead of setting her straight and ending this fake relationship. But I guess he's not ready to give back the horse. Now for Pricilla. There's that saying something about having to sleep in the bed that you make. That looks like what she's gonna have to do. She was desperate for a baby even if it wasn't conceived out of love. She didn't bargain for having to pay the price for her infidelity. That said, I have to admit that it is an interesting twist to the story. I Loooove this novela.
 

Well, as someone very much in Fr/Eds camp, I hope Nanda makes him work very very hard to win her back. I will enjoy watching him!

Erika on the other hand, he has made no promises to and is pretty obviously not into her. She is only seeing what she wants to see. Like she is wearing those little horsey blinders.
 

Alice, a man'll do a lot for a good horse. Carlos
 

Thanks Melinama. We all appreciate you. A really fine recap by the way. Carlos
 

Por favor

Is there anyone that can write out the note in Spanish, word for word?
It's making me crazy. I've listened several times & when I stop the VCR, it reverts to the current program.
 

Loved your recap, Melinama. Many thanks. Is it wrong to say I look forward to Fernanda's crying scenes? She is so good at them, she actually brings me to tears, which I never thought would happen after FF>ing through Sofia's endless crying jags. What a difference! And as for Priscilla, of course she's gorgeous, but it looks (to me) like she's had colagen injections in her upper lip, and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone does that. I don't think it makes anyone look better. I could be wrong of course, but when I see her it's all I can focus on. I really love the way this novela moves forward every night and glad I didn't give up on watching after FELS like I swore I would. I just don't understand why there aren't more shirtless Colunga/Sendel scenes.I know it's hot down there. Doesn't make sense. Marianne
 

Thanks Melinama. If Ed were the love of my life then returned anonymously I would punch him too, that is if I ever came home from partying with all my boyfriends.

The mysterious note...this may be a longshot but I wonder if the "fox" has anything to do with Ciro because Fr/Ed kept saying Ciro's name over and over, CaliFOX or something like that. (If somebody already threw out this idea then sorry, I missed it and didn't mean to copy.)
 

Ahoy Cap'n Sylvia ~~~I like your attitude ! And that is an interesting theory about Ciro being the fox because of his name. I've noticed that FC really leans on that last syllable,, FOX...when he says Ciro's last name.
 

Cap'n Sylvia, that is probably right. Ciro Palafox could be the Fox and Eduardo is the Lion. There must be something about Newton among Ciro's things that would contain the next clue.. Or maybe the final piece.. But could we be that lucky? :-)
JeffMN
 

His last name was Palafox, but I don't know about the pun... it'd work better if his last name were "Palazorro."

DD - The concern about Gardenia is that Fernanda has no idea why she quit. As far as Fernanda knows, Gardenia just suddenly stopped working there, and now here she is at Franco's.

She wasn't "shown the door" either - Barb had Lucio take her for a ride to prevent her from telling Fernanda about Soledad's death before the wedding. Lucio threatened her to keep her mouth shut. (That's when Gardenia told Lucio about Barb and Damian, which is more or less why Babs agreed to let him have Soledad's house, to keep him quiet.) Then Gardenia ran away and didn't want to go back to the Elizaldes, and Jacinto fixed her up with a job at Franco's.

But Nanda doesn't know any of this, she thinks Franco just poached a good employee.

I'm pretty sure that everything hidden under the floorboards in Lili's room was found. It was just chocolates and the box. And I'm sure the chocolates are long gone. :)
 

Thank you for the recap, melinama. I needed a translation of what was hidden inside the chess piece.

"Fern's sobs really tugged at my heartstrings though they did not dislodge her mascara." ROFLOL!!!
 

Julie, true it's an obscure reference, even for a guy who supposedly speaks English. Which he never does.
 

Julie- thanks so much for clearing that up. Now that you've reminded me of how it happened, I do recall. So many twists already, I'm losing my way, and it's still early, only a few days have passed...
 

I know, it's disorienting - each "day" in this story is so long that it's easy to lose track. I think Fernanda has only been married for three days.

But I'm very happy that there isn't much filler. What little filler there is, is often a relief because there's so much to keep track of otherwise!
 

Cristian de la Fuente was on Brothers and Sisters this past Sunday as an account temp boy toy! Very cute!
 

not rain or snow or sleet will keep these bloggers from blogging....even though your recap was tardy(no biggee)the troops marched on.....with over 200 comments on yesterday's show how cool is that.......thanks for the recap Melinama.....If i am not mistaken did not Ciro's wife go through all the books? tossing them all over his room finding nothing but the Birth.C. no one has found the bottom of the chess set....and there are still things in there....
Vlad is going to exhaust us all with his begging....Prissy needs to come up with another plan...
let's see what happens tonight....
BN in CA.......
 

Thank you Melinama. Your recap was great and much appreciated. Diana in MA
 

Thank you Melinama and the host of recapping friends. Your recaps were a lot better than my imagined translations.

I think Gardenia voluntarily left her job at the rich people's house. Being a unexplained no-show Fern would wonder where you bin oh here's where you are (!).
 

Ahoy there Cap'n Sylvia! And to all the pirate fans, I saw a blink shot of Mario - Alberto Estrella will be appearing in the new show, Mujer Asisina.
 

Ha! Ha! Carlos I loved your reply when I jokenly suggested that perhaps Eddie is leading Erika on because he doesn't want to part with the horse. You said:
Alice, a man'll do a lot for a good horse. Carlos

Tue Apr 21, 08:32:00 PM EDT

That's a good one!!
 

Carlos, loved the horse crack too. I'm with you on Vlad crazy. He gave us a peek at the depth of his coming devolution when he leaped to accuse Damian of liking Prissy for himself. Then, back to his vapid adoration look. Also with you feeling "...but why does he have to happen to Pris?" I miss her smile already.

Erroika just makes me sad. Maybe EdFr will have a conversation with her like the one he had with nurse bodyguard. (Forgot her name.)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder