Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gancho, Tues., July 14: A proper application of quality makeup eludes so many problems.

Thank you Auntie Judy for that fine recap!

Buy Corona, okay? Moni is all ready to regain a little confidence and attempt to redeem her boo-worthy self in “one of the most promising boxing matches of the week.” Remember, these people don’t know what HBO is. Unbeknownst to Moni, they have Mamma tied up at home and are going to kill her if Moni beats the estrogen-deficient boxette. Mamma tries to escape by offering a fresh pot of coffee to the “brutes,” but ultimately fails and results to insults and freakish shrieks and bouncing.

You see, what’s sad is not that Mamma has been stripped of her dignity and gagged with her napkin, but rather the fact that some people are inclined to kill over an under-ground, poorly-attended boxing match between two sequin-studded girlies.

Meanwhile, Estrella uses her undeniable charm and stunning looks to swoon Mamma’s aggressor, with the help of Paula, as he follows Estrella to her apartment.

Well, if the object of the game were to attempt to make contact with your opponent as many times as possible without actually hitting him or her Moni would indeed be a champion. However, her opponent is a trickster and Moni is merely a WWE groupie at best. Either way, she need not worry about Mamma back at home because Paula took off her sweater, distracted the second aggressor, then eventually took the armed culprit down with a little help from Estrella and her big stick. In the end, Mamma escaped, Estrella got a date, and Moni beat the hell out of Hillary Swank. All in a day.

Connie is super jealous that Maury spends time in the country with the adopted hooligans. She basically gives him an ultimatum, as if she were in a position to do so, and he decides against the camping trip and throws this curve ball: “we need to take some time off.”

Wholly reminiscent of The Parent Trap, the four adoptees, who seem to increase in number each time I recap, celebrate the separation. They love Moni and want her to be Daddy’s new girlfriend. Fun pun: cortar = to cut, or break off, break up, etc. The little girl doesn’t understand the multiple meanings and asks if Maury cut Connie with scissors. Devastated, Connie turns to drinking and former boyfriends of current friends. Thus commences the downfall of our tragically-misunderstood villain.

Phone call from Maury. No, it’s actually the adopted kid calling to see if Moni won. Good news, Connie and Maury broke up. Click. In walks Maury and Aldo is in trouble. Meanwhile, Beto enters Moni’s room and, being the happiest man in the world, proposes marriage. What a predicament. The split of her lover and his gf is all the hope she ever wanted, but why is a proposal at the end of eight years a blow more devastating than the one she gave the little girl in the ring today?

Anyway, Maury uses the *69 feature on his sleek cordless phone to discover that Aldo was not speaking to Katia, but instead Moni. As always, she plays the uninterested, frustrated, and icy bitch.

Nothing new at the office. Moni still takes forever to do anything, Jerry has his hands in unauthorized business dealings, and the office manager is still meddling in Moni’s affairs. Although, I don’t blame the woman because if I worked with someone who shared several fashion trends with the local street walkers, I would be annoyed as well.

The secret’s out: Moni is not wearing the wig to cover up a pimple; she’s wearing it to cover a bruise from her boyfriend, allegedly. “Maybe she likes being hit,” suggests the silver fox. Naturally, Maury is on the war path and swears to kill Don Cesar!?

So Don Cesar and Beto are talking about the latter’s love for Moni. It’s interesting how everyone in novellas always wishes that their life be a telenovela complete with weddings and wealth, etc. Yet the people in all these telenovelas never have that stuff anyway.

Rolando and Connie were kissing in a bar where it just so happened that a photographer from a magazine was taking pictures of them which were later published and seen by the borderline-psycho Jimena. Needless to say, she doesn’t understand and is crying.

Eventually Maury finds Don Cesar, embarrasses himself by not being able to hit a small, old man, and then Moni barges in and has some ‘splainin’ to do.

Tomorrow: Hypocrite Maury gets furious at Connie for kissing his worst enemy. Did you ever have an enemy you liked? Don Cesar tells Moni to start talking. Maury tells Connie that he likes Moni.

As some of you know, I’m moving on to university life on September 18 and consequently retiring my post here at CarayCaray. In order to avoid any sort of crisis, I’d like to line-up my replacement sooner than later. “Now accepting applications.”

Thank you in advance to Auntie Judy, who will be recapping again for me next week. She is a gem! Take care everyone.

Labels:


Comments:
Hey, your gem of an aunt can't believe how fast you got this up. Holy Toledo!

"Remember these people don't know what HBO is" and the Parent Trap quip cracked me up. Yes, the kids do seem to be multiplying. Hmmm

I was chagrined to realize I was quite taken with Rolu tonight. He's a pure swine...but he's hot. I shouldn't even be having these thoughts as my age. It's probably dangerous.

Your olde aunt is off to get herself some iced tea...herbal of course...and to get a grip!
 

Nickster, I was seeking refuge from the MEPS site and here it is. I truly admire your work, you are indeed a uniquely talented young man with a bright future. I loved the fight. Moni's opponent was truly espeluznante. Kudos to Moni for even stepping into the ring. You are of course too young and innocent to have noticed that the barkeep put an olive(I suppose my color could be off) in Rollo's Manhattan. As Connie and Doris would say over at MEPS , ewww. It was anemic looking and needed a cherry. I'm expecting to get a laptop in early Aug. If indeed such is the case, I'd be proud to give a shot at recapping this delightful show if of course omeone else is super-anxious to volunteer. Anyone playing the Gancho drinking game tonight may need to go in for detox. Carlos
 

Hi Nickster. Thanks for getting this up so quickly. Best wishes in college. If you don't mind sharing, where are you going?

Judy you are too funny regarding Rolu. I hope you were able to calm yourself.

Carlos, what did I miss over at MEP (why are you seeking refuge)?

Poor Xime. She doesn't deserve either Connie or Rolu.
 

Karen, just trying to clarify my position on bubis, which everytime I mention, someone is bound to take offense. It's definitely calmer over here. Carlos
 

Carlos Lo siento mucho regarding the flaming. Our group here is small, fun and laid back similar to similar to the characters on Gancho.
 

Nickster: Simply awesome. "boo worthy self" and "estrogen-deficient boxette" - excellent!

Loved Estrella and Paula teaming up to defeat "mama's" captors.

Nick, it seemed as though you just returned. You are amazing and will be missed. But, if you must leave, Carlos would do an excellent job.

The recaps and comments here continue to be top notch. Nice to have something we are all enjoying.

Diana in MA

Carlos, I hope you do end up recapping. You will be fabulous.
 

Carlos...Let me "second that emotion"....you would be a fabulous recapper. So hurry up and get that laptop so Nickster can leave knowing his spot is in good hands.

Can't you just imagine what a ball our lad is going to have at university! Smart, witty, accomplished in so many ways...AND he still has his whole life ahead of him.

Mind you, I have no wish to start over...but when I think back to the shy little gal who headed off to college with butterflies in her stomach decades ago....well, just not the same situation at all. I predict he'll take the place by storm.
 

PS Carlos, loved your "bienvenides to the study group" quip on MEPS. You are baaaaaad....
 

Nice job Nickster. You will be missed. I'm very excited for you and your next adventures.

Dr. Carlos, perhaps over at MEPS they do not understand your professional qualifications regarding the human physique that make you qualified to weigh in on bubis and whatnot. (Not that any of us need qualifications to expound on the physical delights and horrors of our favorite characters!) I saw your comments, and as a lifelong and relentless feminist let me assure you I found no offense. Humor yes, offense no. However I notice I find humor in many things that piss others off so there you go. You have an able ally in Ferro, no doubt about it.

I'm already looking forward to Carlos gracing this TN with his wit. Un Gancho is a fun one to recap.
 

Haha! Remember, age is just a number, which means you should swap the herbal tea for a Manhattan and go for Rolu! Also, your depiction of the shy little gal of your youth is hilarious. I just can't imagine you not taking the place by storm!

Carlos, thank you for your comments. I'm certain you'll be an even better recapper than I. Whenever you're ready to take the reins, I'll be happy to pass them to you.

Karen, and others: I'm going to be an honors student at THE Ohio State University. Auntie Judy is going to have to show me the ropes, however, because I'm not walking around campus with highlighted maps and directions!

Thank you Diana and Sylvia--I'll miss you too.
 

Loved your recap Nickster. It was hilarious. I laughed out loud yesterday when Maury asked Monita to take off her wig so he can see something. She fired back with why don't you take off your pants, I want to see something. I really love this show. I agree with everyone who commented on Dr. Carlos taking over. I love his wit and think that he would be a great recapper. Read your comments on MEPS. I found it funny. Maybe they didn't like the word "bubis". So next time try coco's. HA-HA
 

Great recap, Nick! And good luck in college. I remember those years as some of the best of my life.

Jerry never gives up. As soon as Maury lets him back in the company, he's hatching some other scheme with the guy with the slicked-back hair, who's coming on to Gabi (can't remember his name).

I also wonder if Andy (the heavy-set thug with the mullet) will be back to torment our characters. There sure are a lot of shady guys lurking around our happy, hard-working (well, not Beto) core of good guys. Fortunately Paula and Estrella seem to have a ready supply of logs to hit people with.
 

Did anyone catch what the unctuous lawyer said to Jerry that they were going to have to do to Mao's perianal area to accomplish what the needed in order that Jerry would end up with everything? It didn't sound good.

Carlos
 

Carlos, he said "delatar la zona perianal". I noted it down for some odd reason.

But" delatar" means to denounce or to betray.

So there must be some very slangy meaning of this phrase...any suggestions?

(also, could have noted it down wrong. Lord knows that's happened before)
 

On the other hand, if he said "dilatar" dilate....then I think we can all come up with an appropriate, but crude translation. Probably it was "dilatar"

Really stick it to him.... hose him good.... would be two possibilities.
 

Nick, great job - I've enjoyed your recaps immensely. Wish you the very best at OSU. Stay sane, plenty of temptations not to do so.

Carlos, yep, I hope you will take over; you will not have a better opportunity to collect data for your anthropomorphic studies of las bellezzas!

I've been wondering when this show would "go dark" and with the introduction of the licenciado last night, I guess that now I know. ick...
 

The abogado certainly looks evil and oily, doesn't he? I don't mind him doing in Mauricio temporarily...the guy is such a doofus, he needs to learn a few life skills the hard way. But I don't want him to break Gabriela's heart. She's already suffering.
 

Gloria, what I heard when Monita suggested that Mau take off his pants was that she wanted to see a LITTLE something! Zing!
 

Judy, I was afraid that was the gist of it...Oww.

Carlos
 

Indeed. Crude and rude and then some. This party is getting rough. Time to go home?
 

Although because of the circumstances there was a eww factor to the kiss between Rollo and Connie(gee she looks so much like my SherryB and even kisses like a clarinetist), I thought that was a pretty hot, sensuous exchange. Did she transfer her olive to his mouth? Wow!

Carlos
 

Nickster, thanks for the recap. Good luck in school and enjoy. I think you will do well.
Carlos, ready and waiting to read your recaps. It should be interesting. Did seem to be getting a little hairy over on MEPS. :)
Moni and Maury are telling everyone so many different tales, it's funny they can keep them straight. Seems like we can finish this show off pretty quick, Mau tell Const good bye, tell Moni how he feels and we're all done. :) But... guess we have over 200 caps all together. At least it looks to be enjoyable right now. :)

JeffMN
 

Ah, the olive! Me, old naive auntie that I am, I thought she was sucking a lollipop and must have transferred it to her hand before she went in for the kill. That WAS a very thoroughgoing kiss. Miss Sherry must have been a fine instructor, Carlos.
 

Well Judy, I was a student thirsting for knowledge. Carlos
 

And still leading "study groups" I notice.
 

Judy, with you, clearly I've met my match. Manaña mi amor. Carlos
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder