Friday, October 02, 2009

ENDA, October 2, 2009

Carmen gives Macarena an envelope that she found in Inaki's room. She wants Macarena to look at it first before Paloma does. Macarena asks what is it, but Carmen prefers her to look at it instead.

Rafael is on the phone with Emiliano and finds out that Orlando and Camila left to go to Mexico City together to find Romina. He is not happy.

Carmen tells Macarena that the papers in the envelope pertain to an investigation Inaki had done. She prefers Macarena read it in private. Carmen tells her that what is in the envelope will change her life. Macarena promises to read it once she is alone. (Yeah like that will really happen. Somehow I see the envelope "disappearing"). Paloma comes in excited to see Carmen.

Diana tries calling Romina again. No answer.

Paloma tells Carmen that she would never have forgiven her if she left without giving her a kiss. Macarena puts the envelope on the table and walks away. Carmen tells Paloma ever since Inaki's death her zest for life is gone. Paloma tells her that Inaki would not have liked it. Carmen knows, just give her time. She asks Paloma and Macarena to come visit her in Spain so that she can go around. Paloma gets excited, but remembers that they have no money. Carmen assures them that they will have it. She makes them promise to visit her in Spain.

Cristobal tells Padre Benito about his decision to leave the priesthood. Padre Benito is happy that Cristobal is at peace with his decision. He reminds Cristobal that they have to go to Mexico City in front of the superiors to withdrawal his position/priesthood. (I really don't know what to call it). Cristobal thanks Padre Benito for his support in everything. Padre Benito reminds him that god has a plan for him. Perhaps not as a priest, but as a man.

Macarena tells Paloma that she finds it odd that Carlota has not arrived yet for dinner. As she is talking, I am yelling at her to pick up the envelope. Anyway Paloma asks if Carmen would be hurt if she knew that she was going out with Emiliano. She is a strong woman replies Macarena and believes that it would not bother her. Thankfully Paloma picks up the envelope and takes it with her to her room. Carlota finally comes home and Macarena questions her on her whereabouts. Carlota gets ugly and says that she was at the dispensario doing both of their work. Where were you? Macarena says here of course. Now it's time to eat.

Diana is in her room looking at herself in the mirror then reminisces about her encounter with Orlando at the restaurant. She starts freaking out and tries on a wig. She complains that she looks just like Camila (I don't think so honey). She tries on a scarf and sunglasses, but realizes that will also not work. She doesn't want to go, but knows that Emiliano would be upset with her if she doesn't.

Macarena remembers Cristobal's words about wanting to be free so that he can be with her. She has a huge smile on her face and starts singing. She is so happy that soon they will be together. Carlota comes in without knocking and wonders why Macarena is singing and smiling. Basically happy. Macarena asks if she knows to knock first before coming in? What do you want? Carlota asks why did she not ask her to go to mass this morning? Macarena says because you don't go every morning only when you want too. Does that bother you asks Carlota. No replies Macarena. Carlota asks her if there is anything new. What are you talking about asks Macarena. I don't know anything replies Carlota. Macarena says if you want to know if Padre Juan is back then find out yourself. I am not going to tell you. Carlota gives her the stink eye as Macarena giggles to herself and then starts singing again.

Carlota goes into her room and wonders what's up with Macarena's happiness. Is it because Cristobal is back?

German and Romina are shopping. She is picking out clothes and purses as Orlando and Camila stroll on by without them seeing each other. German is paying for all of her purchases and does not look too happy. They are strolling in the mall when German tells Romina that he has to go back home. They kiss and he leaves.

Camila tells Orlando that he should not have bought the dress for her. She feels uncomfortable. Orlando says let me spoil you. Anyway the dress looks spectacular on you. Of course the dress is gorgeous agrees Camila. It's just that I'm not use to anyone buying me things. Orlando tells her that she needs to get use to it. He understands that she was hurt in the past and so was he. Things may not have worked out in the love department for them in the past, but he thinks this is a great opportunity. I haven't felt like this in a long time. Just accept the gift and look the best you have ever been for me. Camila agrees and they kiss. (I really like him for her.)

Emiliano goes to see Chava and thanks him for everything that he did for Paloma. Chava's grandmother tells Emiliano that Chava is not behaving himself then leaves to go to work. Emiliano asks him what's up. Chava says not much. Emiliano reminds him that he can confide in him.

Paloma is talking to herself and Inaki while looking at a picture of them with Emiliano. She believes that she has finally broken the curse that has plagued the family. My aunts only fell in love once, but I can love again. Inaki is my first love and my first illusion. But it was my aunt Macarena who told me to accept him as a friend and then we became novios. And when he was gone he left me in the hands of Emiliano. The man that I love very much. When we get married we'll go to Spain to visit Carmen. I will finally get to know your country. You will always be a part of our lives.

Angelica invites Aaron to the party. He cannot go. All he thinks about is Paloma. Angelica tells him that he will eventually get over her. He just needs to go out and meet other people. He declines again, but Inez says that she'll love to go. Angelica agrees.

Cristobal talks to god and says that he is so happy. The signal that he gave him assured him that he is doing the right thing. He knows that he can count on god's blessing. He has showed him unconditional love. He wants god to tell him what other path he can take to still serve him. And thanks god for letting him live with the woman that he loves.

Carlota is at Inez with a couple of other woman going over some paperwork. The other ladies leave to get snacks while Inez asks Carlota how Macarena is doing. Fine replies Carlota. Inez says that she saw her at the church this morning. Carlota says Macarena is so bullheaded. The doctor told her not to leave the house. Inez says going to mass never hurt anyone. Especially to go see Padre Juan (Cristobal). He is so handsome. Carlota asks if he gave the mass? No replies Inez. But Pedro told me that he has come back.

Emiliano is talking with Padre Juan (Cristobal) about the soccer team they were planning to set up. Padre Juan says that at this time he has some important decisions to make and it may affect the plans that they had. But he'll let him know. Emiliano tells him that Paloma is on board with taking the girls under her wing. Cristobal is happy with that. Anything new? Emiliano tells him not to ask anything because he cannot lie to him. He will tell him, but not now. Just know that my happiness has to do with her.

Macarena is at home praying to the virgincita. She hopes that Paloma will accept Cristobal and to find the words to tell her that he is her father.

Joel wants to show Rafael some designs, but declines. He is too jealous to concentrate.

Macarena goes to Paloma's room to talk and sees her asleep. Macarena tells her that things are going to change and she will be able to give her everything that she needs. Her father.

Camila and Orlando come back to the hotel. Camila complains about her feet and Orlando says he'll massage them for her. She tells him to pack his suitcase so they can leave. I already did replies Orlando as he starts kissing her all over her face. Well, I have to pack mine responds Camila. Orlando ever the gentlemen says okay and goes to his room. She tells herself to make a decision.

Romina is driving home and wonders why she can control German, but not Emiliano. There both men and she is an attractive woman. I have done so many fun things with German though I prefer to do them with you Emiliano. She's pissed that he has not called her and probably doesn't even realize that she's in Mexico City. She wonders under what pretext she can call him with. She calls him up. He's in the office unpacking things for the party. Romina calls him and says she just called to see if he missed home. He tells her not to worry about it. Romina whines some more and he tells her that he has to go and hangs up. She is pissed. Angelica asks if he invited Paloma to the party. Emiliano doesn't think that her aunt will allow it. But soon things will change. Angelica smiles. (I think she has figured out that he and Paloma are novios or close to it anyway).

Diana complains to Inez that she cannot come up with a good reason not to go to the party. Inez tell her eating shrimp is a crazy idea. (Sounds like she may be allergic.) Inez reminds Diana that the last time she ate shrimp she got very sick. Diana says that she will take precautions, but this is the only way. Inez says eventually Orlando will have to meet Emiliano's mother. Just go and confront him. Don't ruin your life. Diana says that her life is nothing if Orlando discovers her. He will tell Rafael everything and he will believe it all. Inez says then leave here. You are playing with fire and you will get burned.

Macarena is helping Rufi clean the kitchen and singing again. Rufi asks what's up? I just love Paloma replies Macarena. You always have responds Rufi. Macarena leaves to make a phone call.

Cristobal is trying to call someone, but the line is busy. Suddenly he hears Carlota's voice behind him. She says (in a husky voice) finally we see each other again. Cristobal is muy impactado.

German calls Orlando back. What's up asks German. Orlando tells German that he and Camila are in Mexico City and found out that he and Romina are together. German tells Orlando that he just got out of a meeting and doesn't know where Romina is. They just met by chance. He did accompany her to find her father, but that's it. Then he went to work and she must have driven back to Real de Monte. They hang up. Orland tells Camila that German doesn't know where Romina is at. Figures she went back to Real de Monte. Camila wants to leave immediately. Her daughter is going to get a piece of her mind. German calls Romina and leaves a message that her mother found out that they were together in Mexico City. He denied it to avoid problems. Call me so that I can explain to you better.

Cris: Yes, we see each other again. Did you think that you got rid of me with your lies? As you can see you didn't. I returned to find that Macarena was still alive and that your evil plans did not work.
Car: But you came back as a priest. So yes it did work. You and her will no longer be together.
Cris: And that makes you happy?
Car: You fell for the wrong woman. Macarena is much to weak for you. You deserved a woman like me.
Cris: That would have been a grave mistake. Do you think your superior to everyone else? You think no one is better than you and that has been your punishment.
Car: My punishment has been to love you. Because all these years I have not been able to forget it.
Cris: I have never loved you. I have never given you any hope that I felt the same as you. I ask myself when you confused my offer of friendship with love.
Car: I was not confused. I am sure that you loved me. But you saw me so above you that you did not try to get close. Or confess your love. So that is why you chose Macarena.
Cris: You are so wrong, Carlota. I was never interested in you as a woman. The presence of your sister filled it for me. I did not have eyes for anyone else. And if she had never existed, I would never have loved someone like you. (Carlota slaps him)

Diana and Inez are at a restaurant. Diana can't believe anyone would like shrimp. It smells so horrible. Inez tries to talk her out of it, but Diana is determined.

Car: You were very attentive to me and a gentleman. So don't you dare say that you were never interested in me.
Cris: One belives what they want to believe. And if it was true, it does not convience me to say it now. But the only woman I have loved and will love is your sister.
Car: Don't tell me that you are going to leave everything for her?
Cris: And if that were the case?
Car: You do not want to confuse me, Cristobal. My sister is a done woman. She can never wake up passion. You can leave the priesthood, but not for her. For me. (she is all over him at this point)
Cris: Even if I never became a priest, you will never have been an option for me. And for your own good, it's best that you accept that.
Car: You cannot cut me out of your life. Especially now that I have found you. I don't care that your a priest. For me there are no impossibilites. And I will show you. I did not wait so long to just lose you again.
Cris: Carlota please. Don't be silly. You cannot lose what you never had. And I have never been yours. NEVER!

Macarena is so happy and talking to herself in her room. She has to tell someone about Cristobal or she'll go mad. She calls Camila. Camila tells Macarena what is going on. What about you asks Camila. Macarena tells her that she is very happy, but does not want to tell her over the phone. They make plans to meet up the next day.

Romina goes to Diana's apartment and recieves German's message. She's pissed. She yells for Juanita to take her packages to her room. Juanita tells her that Diana is sick in bed and does not want a doctor or Emiliano. Romina actually looks concerned and goes to see her.

Joel looks at the champagne that Rafael bought for the party. Joel wonders if he's doing better. He knows that Camila will be there with Orlando and Diana will be alone. Joel says to tell him everything that happened tomorrow. Rafael tells him that he is going with him tonight.

Romina tells Diana that she looks bad. Diana tells her that she is allergic to shrimp and must have eaten it without knowing. Romina wants to know how long it will be before she's better. Diana says I took my medicine and in a couple of days I will be better. I just feel bad that I can not go to the party tonight. Are you going asks Diana. Did he invite you? No replies Romina.

Paloma is rushing out and Emiliano calls her. Paloma mentions Carmen is in town and they talk about her and how Inaki's death affected her. He wishes that she can come to the party. Paloma says she cannot, but wishes she could. One day soon she will be at his side.

Camila lays into Romina. How can you go to Mexico City all by yourself. Romina tells her that she does not have to tell her anything. She is free to do what she wants. Camila tells her she's free to do what she wants when she's independent. If you want to do what you want and live the way you want, fine. Just do it right. If you are going to yell at me then it's best that you go replies Romina. Camila says not until you hear everything I have to tell you. Now answer me, what was German doing in Mexico City with you? Nothing replies Romina. I ran into him. He offered to go with me to find my father and that's all. I don't believe you responds Camila. For a while now there has been something between you two. It's such a strange coincidence that you ran into him in Mexico City. The biggest city in the world. Romina tells her to think whatever she wants. Camila can't believe that Romina is treating her this way. She is going to find her father and bring him to her. Then he can answer all her questions. Good idea replies Romina. But do it soon. I want to finalize what I want to do with my life.

Paloma is in painting class and Aaron goes to see her. She comments that it's been awhile. He says he has been working a lot and has been thinking about them. Yes, replies Aaron. I wondered if I can just see you as a friend. And asks Paloma. This little guy convinced me replies Aaron giving her a huge stuffed animal. Paloma thanks him. She really cares for him a lot and did not want to lose him. Either did I want to lose you replies Aaron.

Camila hopes that Romina is not disillusioned when she meets her father. I hope one day you realize what I did for you.

Macarena goes to visit Emiliano. She just wanted to thank him for everything he did when Paloma found out about her being her real mother . And to bring back the clothes he let Paloma borrow. Emiliano tries to down play his role, but Macarena insists that he did a lot for her and Paloma. She is happy that they are together. She believes that Paloma could not be in better hands. I have a lot of confidence in you. Your story is much like mine. One word of advice though. Be careful of Romina. A girl like her sometimes does not realize the pain she is causing. Take care of Paloma and don't let anything hurt her. And love her a lot. She deserves the best in life. Emiliano thanks Macarena for her confidence in him. And don't worry. I love Paloma and I will do anything.

Cristobal is taking off his alter dress and it looks like for the last time. He kneels to pray. He tells god that he is resigning and thanks him for bringing him and Macarena together in spite of an evil woman who wanted to separate them.

Carlota is crying in her room. Ugly crying face.

Tomorrow: Cristobal proposes to Macarena and looks like a kiss will finally happen.

Labels:


Comments:
Gloria...you were an absolute trooper to do this. I'll check and see if it needs tagging.
 

Gloria, thank you for recappping this very important episode. The scene with Padre Chris and The Purple One was great.

rsk
 

Gloria, another job well done. You're the nicest person to volunteer. There was a lot that went over my head. Thanks for clearing it up.

That Romina is one spoiled b---h. I was so happy to hear Cristobal nicely tell Carlota off.

I hope nothing happens to the envelope Carmen left. I have an awful feeling it may end up in Carlota's hands.

Ann-NYC
 

Gloria, thank you as I had to miss the episode. Your recap was so detailed and informative, I feel that I haven't missed a thing though I would have liked to watch the Purple One's expressions when Chris gave her a reality check and rejected her again. But, I doubt that she will be deterred.

Just like in FELS with the box and now in ENDA, open the d*** envelope.

GinCA
 

Ahhh Gloria! Thank you soo much for your excellent and timely recap! Wasn't it great to see Carlotta suffer for a change?
But I have a terrible feeling that the 'M' on the floor that sealed PJC's decision to leave the church may have stood for M-nesia. I am affraid that on his way to the big city to visit the higher-ups that he will have a roll-over accident and suffer a coma and emerge with amnesia ...but still a priest. Yike! Limbo. That would be muy impactada for everyone concerned.
Meanwhile, Romina continues to have unprotected sex with Germie... And what about that creepy Aron? Dontcha know he probably hid a camera/mic in the teddy bear that he gave to naive Paloma. Now that's real creepy!
Anyway, I love this novella and particularly the recaps. Thanks to you Gloria and thanks to all the wonderful recappers!
Is everyone stoked for "Sorttelegio"? That looks like a good one too!
donfelipe
PS: Hi Maggie! Thanks for the shout-out!
PPS: La gente que resume para el menos afortunado tiene un lugar especial en el cielo. (wink)
 

Thanks for the great recap. I missed ENDA and MEPS last night. I am glad that Cris told Carlota the truth and that she can't always have it her way.

I still can't believe that Romina is using German. I actually feel sorry for him. He seems to really like Romina and not just as someone to fool around with. Hopefully soon Emi will realize what Ger and Romina are doing behind his back.

I too hope the envelope doesn't end up in Carlota's hands.
--TF
 

Thanks for the awesome recap. It was nice to relive that most excellent scene with Cris shooting down delusional Carlota again and again and again. She just didn't get the message, the nutjob.

What the heck is wrong with Mac?!?!!

"Here is an envelope of really really important information you need to read. It will change your life."

"Oh, okay." (sets it down and forgets about it).

She really frustrates me.
 

Julia, you and I are on the same page. I could not believe Macarena didn't seem to attach any importance to that envelope. The last we saw of it was Paloma carrying it up the stairs. They teased us a bit when Pal was sleeping and Mac opened the armoire, but it was only to take out a blanket. Heaven only knows where the envelope is or whether Carlota will find it first.

The scene with Cris and Carlota was excellent. Peniche is such a fine actor, never overplays a scene. We might have expected some major screaming at her because she cost him 19 years with Macarena, but he just tells it like it is: he never loved her and wouldn't have loved her even if Mac didn't exist.

We saw her sobbing in her room, but I'm sure she'll drift back into believing she can get him back.

Am I imagining this, but a couple of days ago did they show a preview of her overhearing Cris telling someone he was leaving the priesthood for Mac? Usually what they show in the avances is in the next episode, but I haven't seen that yet. It was the classic Carlota move, standing outside a door listening to something she'll use to her advantage
 

Thanks from me too, Gloria, for your speedy recap.

Novelera, I was also wondering where and when the Carlota spying scene took place since it was in the advances days ago. And like you, Julia and Ann, I'm frustrated that Mac didn't open the "life changing" envelope Carmen gave her. How often does it happen that someone tells you something that dramatic before handing you something? I'd have ripped it open as soon as I got to my room. And it's not as if Mac was busy doing anything except humming and smiling all day anyway. She acts kind of childish at times.

I like that this novela moves along so rapidly that there are always surprises or revelations that usualy come much later in the other shows. That's what keeps me coming back.

Jackie
 

I guess the only excuse for Mac not to deal with the envelope is that she had a lot of emotional stuff on her hands right now, and love does make lightheaded, no?

And thanks for wonderful recap.

Maria/nj
 

Beanie time: Didn't Carmen come all the way from Spain with that envelope. Mac is a tad slow from fraternal abuse and delirium (happiness for a change) but that slow? GinCA
 

GinCa, no Carmen did not bring the papers from Spain. She was in Mexico to finalize the sale of her house in Mexico. While packing the things in the house that she wanted to keep, she found the papers.

rsk
 

Must be Inaki's in-depth research on the will of Paloma's make-believe parents that his mom found in his room.

Do we know if Paloma was ever legally adopted by Javier and his wife? Seems like the sisters (Mac n Cheeze) would have a legit claim on the estate as next of kin.

Also I think Angie was very respectful to Mother Superior and will end up falling in love with Orlando who will give up Camila to Rolando. Hopefully Diana will die of shellfish poisoning clearing the way for Rolo and Camo to find happiness and open a big ceramics operation in Mexico City.
 

Thanks, rsk, for the clarification of the inheritance papers. You're right. Inaki was in Mexico with the papers from his investigator when, unfortunately for Paloma and the viewers, Carlota made him a belladonna cocktail.... I miss Inaki. I missed this episode and would have enjoyed seeing Carmen again. But anyway, Mac is still a little slow and dense, IMO, but probably due to living with Carlota her whole life and her new found happiness over her reunion with Chris. No, still can't accept her not following through knowing there was life altering news for Paloma in the envelope.

GinCA
 

I think Paloma has the envelope. There was a scene with her on her bed with an envelope and she took out a photo and then the next scene she was asleep with the envelope and photo on the bed. The Purple One will probably come in and find the important stuff.

rsk
 

Gloria – this was super! Thank you for detailing the big important scenes. And I was thinking Paloma had picked up the envelope, but I wasn’t sure, so I was glad to find out.

Thank you so much for filling in, and particularly since this was a hot episode.

I was astonished that Carlota came on to Chris the way she did. That is one seriously disturbed woman. I thought the writers were clever to develop that she thought Chris hadn’t tried for her before because she was just too excellent a woman for a humble man to dare to aspire to.

And Diana was a hoot last night with the wigs scene and the shrimp scene and then there in bed with spots all over her face.

I was wondering why Camila and Orlando stayed in separate rooms when she said before that they’d made love.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder