Thursday, October 08, 2009

ENDA, October 7,2009

Carlota is lying in bed. Macarena comes in asking if she’s feeling okay since she didn’t come to eat dinner last night. Carlota says she’s fine. Macarena asks if she’s seen an envelope lying around that Camila gave her containing information on diabetes (there actually the papers that Carmen gave her). No replies Carlota. Okay, thanks replies Macarena and turns to leave. Carlota stops her and tells Macarena that even though Cristobal has come back he doesn’t have to be a part of their lives. If they had never met him they would not have had a bad relationship (I would say your bad attitude and crazy personality did all that). Anyway Macarena says so you think our bad relationship has to do with him? Obviously replies Carlota. I just want to know that I will not allow Cristobal to come back into our lives. There is no place for him in our lives or in this house. So I expect for you to the same. Macarena asks why she doesn’t want her to have any contact with him? What’s your game? Nothing replies Carlota. But if you open up your life and home to him then Paloma may find out what really happened between you two in the past. And I’m pretty sure you don’t want her to find out that she is the daughter of a priest.

Romina goes up to Paloma and tells her how tired she is. Paloma asks her where she went. Romina tells her to the party that Emiliano was throwing. So you got invited asks Paloma. Of course replies Romina. Well probably because your mother goes out with Emiliano’s boss (Orlando). No responds Romina. Emiliano personally invited me and even wanted me to cut the ribbon. How great replies Paloma. Honestly I don’t understand men says Romina. Ever since I have gone to live at his house he has behaved really well. He even let me use his room to stay, but once his mother goes to bed he comes to visit me. We spend such a good time together and he so good in bed. Paloma says what would the nuns say if they heard you (obviously she isn’t buying it). Oh well. Everything is perfect between us. He adores me and says that I am the ideal woman for his children. So that means your back with him asks Paloma. No responds Romina. He hasn’t actually asked me yet, but it’s obvious.

Emiliano asks Diana if she is feeling better. Yes replies Diana. I so wanted to be with you last night. Emiliano tells her that Orlando really wanted to meet her. But I sent a wonderful replacement did I not asks Diana. Well that is what I wanted to talk to you about says Emiliano. It’s one thing to invite her and another to send her as your representative. She had no reason to be there. And much less cutting the ribbon. But why not asks Diana. She is a very pretty girl and gave the party more oomph. (Don’t’ know if I spelled that right). But we are no longer going together says Emiliano. And it really bothers me that you were the one who sent her. Don’t be that way replies Diana. Romina is going thru a difficult time right now and it is our job to support her. Okay, but don’t confuse everything. Romina and I are not going to get back together replies Emiliano. So have you found another girl asks Diana? Yes responds Emiliano and it isn’t Romina. Who is it then asks Diana. I can’t tell you just yet, but I very much in love with her says Emiliano. Diana does not look happy, but fakes it.

Camila says that she agreed to meet him because she noticed how upset he was at the party. Rafael says what did you expect? You were with Orlando all the time. I don’t understand says Camila. You told me that we both had a chance to get with you, but I see that is not the case replies Rafael. I can’t stand for him to be with you. You even went to Mexico City together. Because he is helping me find my ex-husband since I have a lot of problems with Romina responds Camila. My blood boils when I see you with him says Rafael. Camila tells him that she was very clear with him. They cannot be seen together in public because he is not free. Look where we are at. At a cafeteria far away from Real de Monte so that we can see each other. And constantly on edge wondering if anyone we know will see us. Rafael tells her that it’s not in his hands to change things right now. Then don’t ask me to stay home alone waiting for it to change. If you can’t handle this then tell me. Seriously we are too old for jealousy. Orlando knows how I feel about you, but he is still trying to be with me. He is taking advantage of the situation to get closer to you and you like it replies Rafael. Probably responds Camila. It’s best for us to accept the situation as it is and forget any possibility of anything happening between us.

Macarena calls Rodolfo and wishes to speak to him in private. He invites her out to eat and will pick her up at 3:00pm. She tells him that she’ll be waiting as Carlota comes up behind her and hears her. Carlota asks her who she will wait for at 3:00. Rodolfo replies Macarena. Don’t tell me that you are going to accept him asks Carlota. Macarena doesn’t answer. Carlota laughs at her and says are you going to marry him at your age? Probably responds Macarena. Have you forgotten your priest asks Carlota? Priest repeats Macarena. Ja.

Joel tries talking shop with Rafael, but he’s in a bad mood. Joel tells him that he sent flowers to Angelica. Since Camila and Angelica get on well together perhaps they can all go out for dinner some night. Let’s not talk about that responds Rafael. It just makes me sick that Diana does not want to give me the divorce. And that now Camila cannot be for me. My jealousy is out of control and I am pressuring her too much. I have never been like this. So the best thing for both of us is for me to get out of the way.

Orlando comes in the office and Angelica tells him that one of his clients called congratulating him on the party last night. He compliments her and Emiliano on the party preparations. The flower guy comes up to her with flowers. Orlando looks kind of jealous? (That perhaps is not the right word, but since it’s almost 12:00 I can think of another). Orlando tips the guy and asks Angelica if she has a secret admirer. Angelica reads the card and says it’s from Joel. Rafael’s business partner. I thought you liked Rafael asks Orlando. No replies Angelica. He’s married. But he’s getting divorced says Orlando. Not until he’s signed says Angelica. I don’t mess with stuff like that. I prefer them completely free. Orlando says that probably best and leaves. Angelica comments to herself that the one she really likes his him (Orlando). Poor Joel.

Metche, the shop girl and Camila talk about Romina and the party last night. The ladies discuss the party and who is cuter, Orlando or Rafael.

Liliana and Paloma are talking. Romina runs up and shows Paloma the pictures of her and Emiliano at the party that‘s in the paper. Liliana comments that it looks like Romina grabbed onto him and he is surprised. Romina tells her not to be stupid. I’m just telling you what I see. Romina tells her to be quiet; she’s not even talking to her. Liliana says it must be true if my comment is bothering you and walks away.

Emiliano complains about Romina’s behavior at the party to Orlando. Orlando says he can’t believe Romina’s behavior at the party and especially what she is doing to her mother. It bothers me too replies Emiliano. Orlando says that when they were in Mexico City they had a good time when Camila’s thoughts were not on her daughter. Did that bother you asks Emiliano. Honestly responds Orlando, I am afraid that Romina will get in the middle of our relationship. Me too says Emiliano. I am afraid that she will get in the middle of any relationship I may have with another.

A man gives German some money. German’s happy that he can pay off his credit card now. I thought things were going okay asks the guy to German. I just fell a little behind replies German. The guy tells German that he wished he came over more often and not just for money. German tells him that his new wife does not like him. The guy says my new wife is your aunt, your mother’s sister. I thought I could not have picked a better stepmother for you. (so this is German’s dad) German tells him that she took advantage of his mother’s sickness to get closer to him. That’s not true replies dad. Nothing happened until your mother passed away. I will always have that doubt replies German. I promise you says dad. I never cheated on your mother. You didn’t, but her sister did responds German. Dad says that she loves you. You are blood. Forget about all that craziness that she took advantage to win my love. Craziness or not, that’s the way it happened says German. Your aunt came and filled a huge empty void in my life when your mother died. She also came to separate us replies German. That’s not true says dad. Yes, it is says German. When my mother died, she pretended to love me. But the problem is when she started having her own children, she pushed me aside. And caused problems between my siblings and me. Dad tells German not to be jealous. German says I’m not jealous. If she was a good person then I would not feel like an intruder. And that is what I feel. A stranger in your home.

Macarena is still looking for the envelope. The phone rings and both Macarena and Carlota pick up. Macarena is first to speak and Carlota finds out it’s Cristobal on the other end. He asks Macarena how she is doing. I couldn’t be doing any better replies Macarena. Cristobal tells Macarena that ever since finding her again, he is the happiest man in the world. Me too replies Macarena. He tells her that Rodolfo asked for him to help her accept his proposal of marriage. Really asks Macarena. Yes, replies Cristobal. I think you should talk to him. But not about our plans. Don’t worry says Macarena. Today we are going out and I’m going to tell him that I cannot accept his proposal. I cannot accept marrying anyone that isn’t you. Carlota is impactada. You are the love of my life says Macarena to Cristobal. I love you replies Cristobal. I love you too says Macarena. Did you talk to Padre Mateo? No yet says Cristobal. He woke up sick today and I have not been able to tell him about our plans. I have to be in charge of the parish today. So I couldn’t tell him no. Don’t worry my love replies Macarena. I’m sure it just a couple of days. He tells her sweet nothings and she tells him she loves him again. She hangs up and Carlota turns her around and calls her disgraceful and bitch slaps her. Macarena asks her what is up with her? Carlota says I discovered your secret. So don’t deny it. I heard your whole conversation. You and Cristobal are going to get back together even though he is a priest. You are a hypocrite. Macarena tells Carlota that their love is pure and clean. There love can overcome any obstacle including you and your malice. We are now going to be happy. Carlota yells, NEVER! You will never be together. Better dead before I permit it. You can’t do anything this time to keep us apart replies Macarena. In the name of love that we both have for each other. Cristobal is leaving the priesthood and we are going to get married. We will be together with our daughter. And you will pay for all the hurt you caused us. You are intending to commit a sin replies Carlota. No, says Macarena. Not when god intended for us to find each other again. You are going to pay says Carlota. Macarena runs off with Carlota chasing her. Carlota catches up and tells Macarena that Cristobal will never be hers and pushes her threw a window where she falls down from the second floor. Macarena lies on the ground under a huge pool of blood with Carlota giving her the evil look. I can’t believe that she hated her that much.

Rufi comes out of the kitchen and finds Macarena on the floor. Carlota hides. Rufi calls out for Carlota in a panicky voice. Carlota comes in pretending not to know anything. She tells Rufi to call the ambulance quickly. When Rufi leaves, she tells Macarena that she prefers her dead then with Cristobal. She finds the engagement ring on her finger and takes it from her. She evilly tells Macarena that she tried to fool her, but couldn’t. Your plans to marry him are not going to come true. Carlota puts on the engagement ring as Rufi comes in.

Cristobal is at the church table writing when suddenly he grabs his chest in pain.

Carlota tells Rufi not to touch her. Never touch a victim when they have fallen. She wants to make sure that they know it was an accident. Who would think differently asks Rufi. She just doesn’t understand how it happened. Neither do I replies Carlota.

Romina tells Paloma that the mother superior has called for her. Paloma says perhaps it has to do with you missing school yesterday. Yes, but first things first is my dad says Romina. It’s not my fault that he lives in Mexico City. Well I better go. I’ll tell you all about it later. Liliana comes up to Paloma and says that she doesn’t know how Paloma can stand her. We have been friends for many years and I love her replies Paloma. You guys are too different says Liliana. You need to make sure that Romina does not dig her claws into your blue eyed guy. Paloma looks a little worried.

The paramedics come to take Macarena away. Carlota goes with them in the ambulance. Rufi prays for Macarena.

Romina wonders if she’s getting in trouble in regards to Angelica. No says Mother Superior. If you feel guilty it’s all on you. I didn’t fire her replies Romina. Mother Superior tells Romina that she has missed 4 days of school and that goes against the contract they did a couple of months ago. Romina claims it’s not her fault. She was looking for her dad and finally after 9 years found some information and she had to investigate it. What would you have done if you were in my shoes? Probably the same replies Mother Superior. But that’s not the point. We made a contract that you are not completing. And these are the consequences. Romina tells her that it’s not fair. Mother Superior tells her that’s the rules and hands her the school handbook for her to read for herself.

Macarena is put into the ambulance with Carlota riding with her. Thankfully ambulance workers are their too. Inez and another lady run up to Rufi and ask her what’s up. Rufi tells them that she fell from the second floor and lost a lot of blood. In the ambulance Carlota asks the doctor if Macarena will make it. The doctor replies that he doesn’t know. Carlota hopes that she will stop breathing and continues to fake cry.

Rufi tries to call Camila. No answer. Finally Metche answers. Rufi asks to speak to Camila and tells her that Macarena was involved in a horrible accident.

Romina is in Mother Superior’s office reading the handbook. Romina tells MS that she’s done reading. MS says so you see that I am following the rules. Yes replies Romina. But with Paloma you bend them. I don’t think that’s fair. You gave her back her scholarship and took away her punishment. Do you know why replies MS. Yes, because you favor her says Romina. No responds MS. I have no favorites. It’s because she told me the truth about Angelica and everyone told me the same thing. I realized that I made a mistake with Angelica and Paloma too. Paloma in all these years has been a model student. Romina says please. If she was such a model person then she would never have tried to escape with Inaki and trying to take away my boyfriend. She made be a model student, but not in her personal life. MS tells Romina that it is really sad to hear her talk about her best friend like that. If I learned one thing regarding the situation with Angelica is to trust what I see. I see Paloma as a good person. Quite different from what you see. Romina says I know her better then anyone. And is not superior to me. MS shakes her head and says if you see what I see then you might change. The phone rings and Camila wants to see MS. Romina can’t believe that they called her mother. Romina thought that this was a private discussion. MS says I did not call your mother. Then what is she doing here asks Romina. Camila comes in and says that she must speak with MS in private. About me asks Romina. No replies Camila. When Romina leaves Camila tells MS it’s about Paloma.

Macarena is rushed into the hospital and Rodolfo runs up to Carlota. Rufi called him and he wants to know what happened. She tells him that Macarena was probably dizzy and fell threw the window to the floor below. Rodolfo wants to go in, but Carlota tries to keep him next to her. He shakes her off and runs after Macarena. Carlota finally stops her fake crying and wipes her tears. She tells herself that Macarena chose her ending. Now there is no room for Macarena in her world.

Liliana asks Paloma who Romina went with to Mexico City? Alone replies Paloma. I doubt that says Liliana. After a short discussion on who and who was missing, Liliana says then it was German. Paloma is shocked. A nun comes to get her and sends her to the MS office. Liliana thinks that Romina got Paloma in trouble. She tells Romina that one day she will pay for all the evil things she has done. Romina laughs and says to Liliana that she will never see that day. Now leave.

German’s shady deal has gone down the tubes.

Paloma goes to visit MS. Camila tells Paloma that Macarena had an accident.

Rufi is on the floor where Macerena fell and is touching her blood. Gross.

Macarena is in surgery. Doctors are trying to save her. Rodolfo is in the room trying to help. We are losing her replies the doctor. Rodolfo yells out that they have to save her.

Orlando calls Camila. Camila tells him that Macarena had an accident and is with Paloma.

Carlota again is talking to herself. Blaming Cristobal and Macarena. Rufi comes in and Carlota tells her that they are operating. They don’t know if she’ll make it. Carlota wants Rufi to stay at the house. Paloma runs in with Camila following. Carlota asks how did you find out? Camila tells Carlota that Rufi called and she took her out of school. Paloma wants to see Macarena and Carlota tells her she’s in surgery. Doesn’t look good. Paloma tells Carlota that she lost her mother once (Sagario) but doesn’t want to lose her real mother now. Camila is muy impactada at the news and yells out “Macarena is your real mother?”

Cristobal doesn’t understand what’s wrong. He keeps thinking about Macarena. Must be nerves or the new life that I am going to have next to her. He thanks god for bringing him to Real de Monte.

Camila asks Carlota if it’s true that Macarena is Paloma’s real mother. Carlota is looking totally annoyed. Again I lost some part of my recording. Carlota tells Paloma that isn’t it true that you were talking about Macarena being your real mother because you look at her that way since your real mother died? She takes Paloma aside and tells her to be more discreet.

Tomorrow: Cristobal finds out about Macarena’s accident and rushes to the hospital

Labels:


Comments:
One, if not THE most villanous acts ever. While the crime itself was heinous, the aftermath- the self-satisfied smirk, the wish for Mac's death, the happiness at eliminating her rival, her own sister, was simply horrendous. The evil machinations continued as Carlota, still on her game, advised Paloma not to reveal Mac is her mother.

We expected a push down the stairs but did anyone expect this? I did not see this coming. Carlota has now enshrined herself as the worst villaness ever...

Gloria, your recap was amazing. Thanks for all of the details and for forging on despite such a gruesome episode.

Appreciate your translating Romina and Paloma's conversation. With every lie Romina tells now apparent to Paloma, I wonder how long she'll continue to support her friend.

Orlando and Emiliano now united by the fear a meddling Romina will ruin their romantic relationships.

There's something brewing between Orlando and Angelica so think they might eventually end up together. Rafael is just too angry at this point - I'd rather Camila end up with someone else.

Cris seeing Mac tonight will probabaly be another tear jerker.

Diana in MA
 

I am beside myself. How could this happen to Macarena? I too expected a push down the stairs but never this. I could barely move after this episode. I don't think I can take it if Carlota doesn't soon get what's coming to her...and it better be incredibly awful. Thanks for this terrific recap....real story-telling.
 

The push through the glass partition down two stories, and then the dark pool of blood. Man, that was intense and surprising! This telenovela has definitely not been afraid to throw huge curveballs at us. I hope Camila doesn't believe that flimsy lie and realizes that Mac is Pals mom.

I thought Rafa was being mature about realizing how immature he was being in pressuring Camila when he is not free. That's the first time I've seen a TN character, who is so in love, have so much presence of mind and think logically. Good for Camila too for telling him like it is.

-Vivi in DC
 

I also was expecting Mac to get pushed down the stairs and was shocked to see her get pushed out the window. Poor Paloma, that poor girl has had to suffer too much! In telenovelas the villains always get what's coming to them in the end and I cannot WAIT to see what is going to happen to Carlota.

Good job on the recap!
 

Unbelievable that they killed off one of the main stars and I don't think we're more than a third of the way through this novela. Which probably means Carlota will create more destruction before this novela ends. She was so violent and coldblooded, it was truly shocking.

Thank you, Gloria, for a great recap of a difficult episode.

GinCA
 

Sorry, my comments aren't a spoiler. I just assume Mac cannot survive a fall with all that head trauma...I have not peeked ahead.

GinCA
 

Holy horror, batman. That was unbelievable. Is there any way Mac can survive such massive trauma? If she does it seems likely she'll be brain-damaged or have amnesia. At least they didn't move her and immediately called for an ambulance. In a lot of telenovelas, they would have stood around yelling at each other for ten minutes, then carried her to her bed, then called for a doctor.

Rafa is acting awful but at least he recognizes that and is trying to stop. Again I like how smart a lot of the characters are. Also Paloma, obviously not believing Romina but sort of humoring her. With lazier writers, Romina's delusional story-telling would already have broken up Paloma and Emiliano.

Gloria, thanks for doing such a detailed recap. The episode was horrifying but it's a vital one in seeing Carlota plumb even greater depths of evil.
 

Thanks for a great recap Gloria. What I'm wondering, if Mac lives through this and is not in a coma, I bet she won't say anything about Cruelota causing this anyway.
 

tagged this. Now I'm going to read it!
 

The scenes of Mac lying on the floor, and then later Rufi sitting there with her hand in the blood, were so awful that I had to detach a bit...so then I found myself thinking, "How on earth are they going to get the blood out of the grout?"

How much longer until we get to see Cruelota get her just deserts?
 

Gloria, great recap, as usual.

That Lilli is one shrewd cookie. She tells Romina off and tells her like it is. I hope she continues to set Paloma wise to Romina.

Ann-NYC
 

This was great, Gloria! You put in tons of detail which is much appreciated.

GinCA – When I saw poor Mac lying there I thought thank goodness this is a telenovela and she’s going to be all right. I hope that’s true and that they don’t actually let her die. Of course, now we see Chris having decided to leave the priesthood for her, which I gather is a surprise in a novela, so who knows what could happen? That looked like a skull-shattering fall.

Poor Paloma – another tragedy. And all three of her tragedies can be blamed on Carlota.

I don’t know how to spell oomph either, but that’s the way I would spell it.
 

This novela is 171 episodes i think this episode 65 so we have a long way to go. From the avances for tonight when cris arrives and confronts carlota it looks like he knows she was responsible for what happen to Mac. That really was gross scene of rufi rubbing her hand in the blood. Rufi also should have still called the cops too, because she knows carlota hates mac. I mean she call everyone else about the accident.
 

Thanks, Gloria, for a great recap of this terribly painful episode. And if this is only episode 65 of 171, I shudder to think how many other awful moments lie ahead.

Maggie, you said that all three of Paloma's tragedies can be blamed on Carlota. I must have missed something, because I don't recall how Carlota was responsible for or involved in Javier and Sagrario's deaths. Can you (or someone else) clue me in? Muchas gracias.
 

Juanita – Carlota was responsible in a way for their deaths. She didn’t shove their car off the road or anything, but got Paloma all upset and if I recall properly, that made them think they had to miss the wedding and rush home because of Paloma. And then they got in an accident on the way home. If not for the telephone call, they would have stayed for the wedding (which of course never took place) and would have come home at another time, and not in such a big rush, and they wouldn’t have gotten in the accident.

Maybe somebody else can remember what the big Carlota/Paloma thing was at that time. I just remember that Carlota was being horrid and Paloma was in hysterics.
 

Maggie, I was also wondering how Carlota figured in their death and yes you're right about that. I guess she would be indirectly responsible. I might have even thought that at the time myself. But.. At least she didn't want that accident, at least didn't want her brother to die. Sangrario.. ah.. probably didn't bother her too much. :(
 

Sagrario and Javier had already gone to the wedding (at which Cris jilted Natalia). They were going to stay overnight in the D.F. since it was really late by that point, but Paloma called them because Carlota was being so awful to her. Carlota caught Paloma making the call and hung up the phone on her, then wouldn't let her call back and I think unplugged the phone and took away the cell phone Javier had left with Paloma, so Sagrario freaked out that she couldn't find out what was going on and no one answered when she tried to call back. So, S&J were driving back to Real del Monte in the middle of the night, and were hit by a truck.
 

Then, at the hospital, Cruelota blamed Paloma for S&J's deaths, making her feel extra guilty for having called them.
 

Also, Carlota blames Paloma's existence for Carlota's and Mac's father's death, which is obviously not Paloma's fault and not (that we know) a death directly caused by Cruelota, but adds to the ways in which Cruel heaps tragedy upon Paloma.
 

Muchas gracias, Maggie and Julia. I had forgotten about Paloma's being all upset and calling Javier and Sagrario, etc., resulting in their deciding to drive home that night and having the fatal accident.

I'm not sure I can survive 100 more episodes of Carlota's evil.
 

Oh, and we mustn't forget the little Yorkie!
 

Gloria, thank you for another terrific recap. This episode was so terrible, I cannot believe that The Purple One killed her sister (not a spoiler but I doubt if even the novella gods could put it all back together again). Carlota definitely wins the most evil award - she has absolutely no remorse for anything she does.

I hope Rufi marries her long lost love and gets the hell out of Dodge before she is the next on Carlota "To Do List".

rsk
 

Well since this novel so far has been full of surprises. Has there ever been an novela where one of the main leads have been killed? Does not come back as a helpful ghost like Ciro from MEPS. If they really do kill off Mac who will tell Paloma her father is Cris. The only two who would know then will be Carlota and Rufi.
 

If Paloma were to go to Cris and confide that Mac is her real mother, he would figure out that he is her father.
 

Julia, you forget that Paloma brain is not fully developed. Diane now knows as well as Rufi. I think it will be of the two of them. It will probably take some time for Paloma to recover from this disaster, she will be totally useless.

rsk
 

I wasn't thinking Paloma would be smart enough to talk to Cris; I was guessing maybe she would be broken and depressed enough to go to her local priest for comfort and talk it out. But, she'll probably just stay in bed and wail and hug Cruelota and shut out everyone who is kind and helpful.
 

Great recap. This episode was intense. Looks like Carlota will get away with another murder and she probably blame someone else. Just like she made Paloma feel guilty about Javier and Sagrario's death. I hated when she showed Paloma Javier's dead body.

I think that since Camila is starting to suspect what Mac's secret was that she might be the one to figure it out and also figure out about Cris being involved in the equation.

I also thought it was gross and weird that Rufi was lying on the floor next to the pool of blood. Why didn't she just clean it up?

Can't wait for tonight's episode.
--TF
 

I didn't understand why it didn't become a crime scene! Watch too much True TV, I guess.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder