Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Amor Monday, January 18, 2010: Juicier than O.J.’s!

Well, rats. Not only did Univision mess with the schedule, there are no captions tonight. There were some pivotal conversations that I couldn’t catch due to the music and of course my iffy Spanish, so additions and corrections would be very much appreciated. Here’s my best shot:


Friday: Don E tells his son that he went to see Carlota just out of curiosity. His opinion: under that cool exterior is a lot of conflict. Gabriel thinks she’s a meanie. Don E thinks she’s a fascinating case study. Gabriel says look out, she probably killed Paloma’s intended. Don E says aw, don’t worry about me. German tells Carlota that she has to appear in court and she takes a fit. He tells her that Natalia is insinuating that she (Carlota) killed Inaki. Carlota thinks Natalia should be locked up for life for saying such things. German assures her that her obvious rectitude will carry the day. He also tells her that Natalia and others were trying to find out about the will.

And here we go:

Em and Paloma are outside the baby’s room at the hospital. Paloma says that she has to watch the trial and Em tells her that Romina has started coming to see the baby now. The music swells and I have no idea what they are saying, except that I think Em is saying he understands that it’s not fair to either of them if he tries to hang on to her. He says You are the woman of my dreams, but I guess not the woman of my life. Adios, Emiliano, Paloma says sadly. Adios, mi amor, says Em, and they embrace and weep, and then kiss. She runs off.

We get some new music to a strumming guitar while Em looks at the baby and weeps, and Paloma leans tragically against a wall. Flashbacks of tender times, of sad times. Fortunately the baby sleeps through it all. More weeping. More flashbacks. And more. And then some more. These two are going to need to hydrate.

In Gabriel’s studio, he is talking to his dad about the trial when suddenly he staggers, clutches his stomach and collapses. Don E fortunately knows exactly which little wooden drawer to reach into for his med. He pops a pill into Gabriel’s mouth and gets down on the floor with him and holds him and pets him and says there there. Gabriel says I’m okay, though we can see he isn’t. Don E says too many stressful things have been going on. There’s no deadline for the church restoration and Paloma can learn what you want to teach her by the time… Gabriel interrupts By the time I leave?

Gabriel sits up weakly and says Don’t worry about me. I’ve lived alone for some time. Don E pulls him close and says yes. But for me you will always be my boy.

Paloma is weeping at Macarena’s grave. Why? she wants to know. Why didn’t you tell me my father was such a bad man? Why didn’t you tell me that you and Padre Juan were novios? Paloma is so weepy and the music so loud I can’t make out what she’s saying. But she laments that she is so alone without Mac, without Emiliano, without Padre Juan. I’m like you, she says to her mother’s grave, unlucky in love.

Em is lamenting too, but, luckily for him, he’s lamenting to a living parent, Rafa. He says he just can’t stand the idea of Paloma with another man. Rafa says this is the perfect time to do the DNA test again, to be sure. Em says it would be great if he could make his life with Paloma, but there’s something holding him back. He’s just so crazy about the baby. Rafa understands, and sighs.

Angelica is at home, which is to say Orlando’s home, with Miriam. She’s super nervous about confronting Dario. The doorbell rings and Miriam hides in another room while Angelica opens up all smiles. Dario says she’s belissima and is very impressed with the house. She offers him something to drink. He pets her and wants to kiss her, but she smiles and turns away.

Dario says the two of them can be honest. Mariam struts in and says make that three. ¿Qué haces aquí? says Dario, startled. She gives him an earful and so does Angelica. You’re both nuts, he says, shoving Angelica roughly. Orlando walks in and glares at him.

Back to Rafa and Em. Em is saying his relationship with Romina is a big zero, but he just loves that baby. Rafa says he doesn’t want Em to waste years and years like he did. Em says but he’d lose all those years with the baby. Rafa says there are compensations, he could have another family, other women. Look at me! Life has given the opportunity to be with Luz (Luz is now in the background, listening) and she’s terrific. Luz smiles.

Orlando tells Dario he’s scum. Angelica, who it turns out was pushed onto the couch, pops up behind Orlando and says that she and Mariam are going to go after him with everything they’ve got for stealing their books. I think they tell him he has to write a book to see if it’s anywhere at their level of writing. He retorts that they are aware that he is very capable. Orlando says capable all right – capable of dirty dealing You have one week to give Angelica back her book, or I’m going to the highest authorities with this.

Get out! Says Orlando. Dario gives dramatic dirty looks to Miriam and Angelica, and gits.

Angelica sinks into the couch and breathily tells Orlando thank you. He kneels and takes her hand. Miriam looks distressed, like maybe how come she has some guy hovering over her and I don’t?

Samuel in his bathrobe is lying around in bed in his hotel room, smoking and drinking wine. Diana knocks and he says just a minute! He frantically stubs out his cigarette, hides the wine glass and then the wine bottle, and puts the overflowing ashtray in the drawer. He straightens his robe and answers the door.

Diana has a legal-size manila envelope. She coyly sits on the end of the bed. Samuel kneels and says he’s never felt this way about a woman before. He has such a desire to touch her, to kiss her! Meantime, he is trying to slide the envelope out of her hand.

She fans herself with it and says whew! (Maybe all those wine and cigarette fumes, but I don’t think that’s what the writers meant.) Don’t stop! He tries to think of more compliments but is searching around for words. Diana fills in that she’s amazing, and that he is going to be so hot when he gets this (waving the envelope in front of him). He pretends to have just noticed it. He takes it and pretends to be overwhelmed with gratitude. He hugs the envelope and tells her that she can count on him – she won’t be sorry. I hope not, she says. Nothing bad will happen, right? Of course not, he assures her. She taps the envelope and says it’s all ready for signature.

When they are alone, Rafa tells Luz that it’s just killing him to see Em suffer so much. Luz says she’s never seen a man suffer so much for love. Rafa says it doesn’t matter if it’s a man or woman – the feelings are the same. Hasn’t she ever suffered for love? No, she says, looking uneasy. Rafa says not even when you broke off with someone? Luz says she always leaves before things get painful.

Rafa says I don’t know how you manage that - feelings can’t be just dictated that way. The rest of the conversation I just couldn’t get and it seems to be really important, as Luz is looking more and more uncomfortable. Rafa is telling her about how love works and how it can be hard, and how it’s two people depending on each other, I think, but I’m sure there was a lot more going on.

He tries to break the mood by rising and kissing her hands. He leaves. She is nervous and unhappy and, as we know, nervous and unhappy aren’t in the Free Spirit Guidebook. She thinks maybe it’s time for her to make an exit.

Orlando comes into Camila’s shop and greets her by calling her The future Mrs Ferrer. Mi amor! She smiles. ¿Qué haces aquí?

She tells him she has the invitations ready – it’s just a small handful. He presents a folder to her with their honeymoon trip plans and whips out a map. She flips through the pages and says wait – this is for two months! He says Em will take care of the baby, and….

She says she appreciates that he’s so enthusiastic, but she has a life she can’t be gone that long. There’s the shop, and the baby, and the problem with Samuel and Romina. I can’t be away two months! Orlando says you’re going to be my wife and I was assuming I’d be your priority. Camila stares and him and blinks several times.

(I just hit stop and Sortilegio is on. I didn’t know Rafa was in it!)

Rufi is serving breakfast and Carlota is furious about having to go to the trial. It’s all Macarena’s fault that she has to go. Paloma says Mac had nothing to do with it – it’s Alonso. Carlota says if Mac had behaved like a proper lady, she (Carlota) wouldn’t be sucked into all this.

Paloma says she misses her. Rufi says me too. Carlota says After all you’ve learned at the trial? It’s just astonishing after all the trouble she’s caused us all.

I think Carlota tells Paloma to get ready so they’re not late. The music was so loud I couldn’t get a lot of this, but I think Carlota was saying that she was going to hold her head high despite what others (she glares at Rufi) say (timpani), despite the lack of confidence of others (another glare at Rufi) (timpani), and despite being betrayed by others (another glare at Rufi) (timpani).

She stomps off and Rufi and Paloma look at each other wide-eyed. Rufi says who knows what’s going to happen.

Back in the courtroom. Madeleine is there and Don E. too, and Gabriel, Dr B and Ivonne, as well as the two padres and other assorted Real del Monte folks. Carlota comes in on the arm of German, Paloma and Rufi in tow. Don E checks out Carlota, who looks at her watch and drums her fingers.

Angelica walks into Em’s office and is startled to see him there. She thought he was going to the trial. He says no. He doesn’t want to be anywhere where Paloma is. They are over. Angelica looks astonished and sad.

Carlota is in the witness stand, prim in her suit and an overly ruffled blouse. Did she swear on the Bible? If so, I hope the top of the courthouse has a lightening rod. German asks her how she responds to Natalia’s assertion that Alonso thought she had something to do with Inaki’s death. I’m innocent, she smiles.

German says Did you hide anything about an inheritance left to Paloma by your brother Javier? Yes, I did, said Carlota. Paloma is impactada. The crowd grumbles and the judge pounds his gavel for silence. German says And why did you do that? Because that’s what my brother requested in the will.

What does it say? asks German. Carlota says that Paloma is not supposed to find out about the properties she was left until she turns 21. German says why would your brother stipulate that? I don’t really know, she says. Probably he was afraid some fellow would take advantage of her innocence. Knowing what a protective person he was, and that we were all women in our family, I guess that was his reason – to protect us all, and particularly Paloma.

She hands over a copy to German, who takes it to the judge, who scans it briefly and verifies that what she said is true. German swaggers a bit. The judge asks him to read it aloud. He reads that Paloma is not to be told of her inheritance of a small fortune until she turns 21. It then switches to addressing Paloma directly, saying We don’t want people to take advantage of you. For that reason, we request that your guardian not tell you until then.

Paloma’s jaw drops and so does mine, because if that’s legal language I’ll eat my hat. After all the pesos that Carlota paid that scummy lawyer, this is the best he can do? Carlota seems satisfied and smiles smugly.

The crowd mumbles and Paloma looks like she’s going to hyperventilate.

Carlota says So you see, Christobal, Natalia, Dr Bermudez, my servant Rufi, and even Inaki’s father Alonso, falsely accused me. I was just following the wishes of my brother.

Carlota, who now seems to be running things, says to the judge I’m sure I have nothing more I need to say here. Paloma leans on Rufi and cries.

Rafa goes to see Diana. Diana says I was just thinking about you! I’m going to give you your divorce. Rafa says you’re kidding. Diana says I’m tired of being the laughingstock of the town. Rafa says great, I’ll have the lawyer call you. Diana says do that – now I can be free! Diana verifies that the house is hers and he says sure, he’s not interested in fighting about money.

Diana wants to know why he came by. He says he heard that she’s been seeing Samuel. Ah, she says. Are you jealous? Not at all, he says, but I want you to be very careful. He has a very bad reputation. Don’t worry, she says, I can take care of myself. You’re not the only one who can make a new life. I’m going to too, and very soon. She smiles brightly.

In the courtroom, Paloma is still leaning on Rufi and Gabriel says are you okay? Paloma says I don’t know yet. Madeleine says to Don E I don’t get it. German tells the judge he’s done.

The prosecutor says wait, he wants to ask Carlota a few questions. He approaches her and asks her why in her opinion Alonso suspected her of killing Inaki. German protests that Carlota isn’t on trial, just Chris and Natalia. The prosecutor says now there are three being accused.

Carlota says no problem, I’m happy to respond. She says that at first she was against Inaki’s interest in Paloma because he was a poor musician and she thought he’d take advantage of her. Prosecutor Cordero points out that Inaki didn’t know Paloma was rich. Carlota says he was conducting an investigation into their family finances. Cordero says but you didn’t know he was conducting an investigation. Carlota says no, I just found out now.

She goes on that at the time she had him checked out and discovered that he was a good person, and she gave her consent even though Paloma was a minor. Cordero asks if the family agreed. Carlota says Carmen, his mother did, but his father Alonso was against it, and even insulted Paloma at the funeral.

Why was that? Cordero wants to know. Carlota says Alonso felt Inaki was wrecking his future by marrying Paloma. I suppose when Inaki died, his father felt terrible remorse that he had not promoted his son’s happiness. And then Alonso apparently held me responsible for Inaki’s death, which the doctor said was a heart attack. Carlota pointedly directs this last comment at the judge.

Madeleine, who has been watching the whole thing in horror, plucks at Don E’s sleeve and says I don’t like the way this is headed – she’s going to condemn my son. Don E says don’t worry. I assure you she’s lying. Madeleine says if my son is in your hands, I know justice will win out. Don E pats her hand reassuringly.

Samuel is in his hotel room, happily packing. He exults over the manila envelope and kisses it.

Cordero asks Carlota what her relationship is with Chris. She says I got to know him years ago through my sister Macarena. I didn’t really know him well. But I did find out that he’d wanted to run away (with Macarena?) instead of doing things publicly the way God likes. Cordero asks And when he returned to Real del Monte as a priest – what was your relationship? Neutral, shrugs Carlota. I respected him. But I was very surprised he had become a priest.

Padre M hisses to Padre B that she’s lying. Padre B says they have to talk to German. Don E, who is sitting behind them, overhears.

The judge adjourns for the day and Chris, who is able to direct a few words at the padres, is led off. The baliff leads him by Carlota who smiles evenly at him. He looks her in the eyes, then gives his head a small shake and he’s led off. Carlota, still smiling, narrows her eyes and radiates such evil that I swear I saw my TV levitate.

Paloma steps forward and confronts her. So my parents left me money to secure my future? Carlota says I couldn’t talk about it, I was just following my brother’s orders. But when we’re in court, I had to. Paloma protests But I’ve suffered so much about money! Carlota says I had no choice. I don’t want anything that was said in this court to be a problem at home.(?) I’m going to step out for some fresh air. She sails by Dr B and Rufi who look at her, astonished.

Everybody has left the courtroom but Paloma and Gabriel. Paloma has a meltdown, most of which I couldn’t understand because of the background music and Paloma crying so hard. But at the end she says she needed that money to make her career and to get free of her aunt. Gabriel says you aren’t without options – you have your talent.

All I can make out is the violins for a while. And then Gabriel says you don’t need an inheritance to make your way in life. Keep on the way you were.

Carlota walks into her office. AHHHHHHHH say the bassos (where have they been all night?) and Carlota says to herself I’m a genius.

Avances: Don E tells Chris he wants to represent him. Paloma yells at Carlota about doing something (I couldn’t catch the verb) with her money all these years.

Labels:


Comments:
Maggie, thanks so much for another terrific recap. I love your snark-- "These two are going to need to hydrate" was one of my favorites.

The plot is really starting to heat up. I can't wait for Carloca to be undone!

By the way, speaking of heating up, do I remember correctly that Samuel was hiding not just cigarettes and booze but also women's lingerie when Diana knocked at his door? Has he already been two-timing her?
 

Loved the recap Maggie. Rafa has been on Sorti for about a week now. He is investigating MJ's disappearance.

I can't make heads or tails out of what illness Gabe has. They need to let us in on it soon. Getting a bit annoying with all these symptoms and not an explanation in sight.

Luz's character is so weak. She just comes on way too strong and is already ready for flight. If she could have held back a little in the beginning with Rafa then I could see justification for her apprehension but come on...she totally led Rafa on. Not cool.

Maggie...ITA with the legal language of the will. I will eat my hat too :)
 

Another marvelous recap, Maggie. I love it that you started with "Well, rats."

Your take on Emiliano and Paloma at the hospital was hysterically funny. Also loved "nervous and unhappy are not in the Free Spirit guidebook". Great wit, amiga. Many thanks.
 

Thanks Maggie. The music level on this show lately is just the pits. Cut the music already and let people talk!

La Loca is a major piece of work. Was a bit surprised as she was spewing her lies that those who knew better didn't show a little more reaction.I mean, come on, Rufi, show some spine.Thank goodness for the padres. At least they were ticked off and Don E overheard. I would have loved to see him take her apart on the stand. Maybe to come?

Lucky us got to go through "the history of Emi and Pal" while watching a more than usual moping session. Interesting at first, then I just wanted to yell, alright already. Get on with the show!

I just love Gabriel and hate the fact he's the doomed character. To me, he was clutching his heart. Chances are the pills that Don E grabbed for him were nitro tablets? Could it be congenital heart disease? Wish they would just spill it already. If it is his heart...how symbolic!

I know we still have a bunch of episodes to go through, but I wish SOMETHING would start unraveling for our purple queen. An entire town can't be that stupid and willing to swallow her garbage.At least we have Don Eugenio soon to the rescue.

that last look... my nephew was watching Star Wars episode 3 last week. The evil emperor had that glare down pat like our evil queen. Must be something they learn in Evil Villain school.
daisynjay
 

Daisynjay LOL indeed they learn the glare in villain school.

Maggie thanks for the recap.

Samuel was definitely hiding woman's lingerie.

So tired of Emiliano and Paloma saying goodbye to each other how many times have they done this act already.

Emiliano you know that baby isn't yours go get the dna test to seal the deal and get out of your loveless marriage.

Eugenio knows that Carloca was lying on the stand good and when he over heard Padres Benito and Mateo saying to each other that she was lying. I can't wait for tonight's episode.

I was also thinking Gabriel was grabbing his heart too at least that what it looked like to me.

I don't know who was in charge of the audio for this novela but it helps to hear the words of the characters not the music.

Did anyone stay and watch the new novela? I for went over to telemundo and watched their 8:00 novela.What is everyone opinion about CS which will replace Sorti when it ends.

I guess i was right when i speculated that Univision would try this that's why the big movement with the novelas.

I wonder what they do if CS does poorly over here like it's doing right now in Mexico.
 

Great recap, Maggie. You do just fine without the captions; splendidly, in fact.

I'd suggest a game, drink every time Paloma and Emiliano say "goodbye forever," but I don't want all of Club ENDA ragingly soused all the time.

This trial is such a farce. I know television trials aren't necessarily based in reality, but honestly. Asking a witness to speculate? And no one objects? Just letting Carlota, who has been accused of a serious crime, get away with leading the discussion, rather than asking her pointed questions every which way to see if she can keep her story straight? I hope Don YouGenious takes over tonight.

I thought the scene with Orlando and Camila was great. He did such a brilliant job of demonstrating, all in one fell swoop, how little he cares about Camila's concerns and how much he thinks everything is about him. And she finally seems to see that.
 

I'm so glad Eugenio is going to be taking over the case from sleazy German. He can use German has a conflict of interest representing the accused and being Carloca family lawyer.

Julia if we did that drinking game all of us would be soused before the closing credits came on.

I thought Paloma was confronting Carloca in the previews tonight about where is her inheritance and if she's been using it.

Let's see how the Purple one lies to get out this one.

I hate the new time change.
 

Maggie, you are so gifted, your recaps are always spectacular and this was no exception. In addition to what has already been pointed out, especially "nervous and unhappy are not in the Free Spirit guidebook" as Judy noted, I really chuckled at "Em is lamenting too, but, luckily for him, he’s lamenting to a living parent, Rafa." So true!

Cesar Evora is going to save the day. Don E is viewing the trial proceedings with a fresh and untainted perspective. He already suspects Carlota but how will he unearth the truth?

Naming the participants of the clandestine "group against Carlota" was to Rufi's advantage. Although furious, Carlota most likely will not do anything to Rufi at this point as she knows immediate suspicion will fall on her.

Now that Camila is balking at the long honeymoon, does Orlando really believe she will consent to moving to the states? Not likely.

Juanita and Anon, I also noticed the bra in Samuel's room. It does appear he's been indulging in extra curricluar activities. I have no idea how he does it he is so sleezy and unappealing. Blech.

It will be fun to watch Diana's world unravel (along with that horrible wig).

Carlita and daisynjay, I want to know what Gabe's illness is as well.

Diana
 

The recaps make my day. It's great to relive the action (or non-action) of the night before. It's a fun community since I watch these novelas alone and have no one to make snarky comments and oh, no's, what are the writers thinking during the show.

I wish they would just cut out the Angelica, Miriam, Dario sideline and get on with the important stuff. The only reason I think it's continuing is that Angelica will end up with Orlando, while Camilla and Rafa get back together (if he ever finishes his job on Sorti).

Isn't it amazing how Carlota came off publicly on the stand as doing the right thing to protect Pal? She has no idea how many people now know she's been lying about Chris. She'd better get her bottle of poison out again pretty quick.

I find I'm going to watch more TV than is recommended (what was the latest estimate--10 hrs. a week?) whith the new schedule.

I took a peek at Amor Real, since it was highly recommended by folks on CarayCaray. I did NOT recognize Leticia Calderon as mama in her period costume, nor her voice, but then I saw her raise her hand and do a twist with it and it was instant recognition.
 

Thanks for the recap Maggie. I'm definitely in sympathy with you about the music. OMG, imagine a novela with music that is actually BACKGROUND music??? I'm fortunate to have ENDA coming on two different channels at two different times where I live. The obnoxiously loud music is forcing me to watch the show twice so that I can try to catch the Spanish behind the noise. Even though I love Laura Pausini and the music of Lucero & Yanni and all the rest, the volume is insane.

Can't wait for Chris to dump Germs and hire Eugenio. Gentleman, start your engines and run over Carloca as quickly as possible!

Dona Gringuita
 

Anon, I was able to watch Amor Real yesterday as I was off but did not see Leticia - sorry to have missed her there.

I did see Esmerelda and Leticia looked beautiful. Her hair was lighter and longer but she was completely believable as the heroine. No hint of purple to be seen. I now understand why she was originally cast as Mac. Bravo to the casting folks who were spot on in casting her against type here.

Diana
 

Thanks, Maggie. You did a great job without captions.

I was wondering if that was the actual way Javier and Sagrario's will was re-written by Carlota, or if she and German did still another version for the trial. I remember what she arranged with Rojas was moving up Paloma's age to inherit to 21. I don't remember Carlota instructing Rojas to put in the part about Paloma not being told about her inheritance.

Eugenio told Madeleine in the courtroom that he would defend Cris because, clearly, Germán was vendido; that he had let himself be bought by Carlota. Finally! Germán was completely dumb sticking up for Carlota openly in the courtroom.

I'm a little unclear about what Sammy the Snake plans to do with those papers. He was behaving as if having them was money in the bank. Diana agreed to use her house as an aval or guarantee for his "business venture". He also told her it would be just for two months until he could clear something up and use his "luxury apartment" as the guarantee. I realize that Di's house is now at risk, but I can't see where Sammy gets any money right up front.

Yes, Camila got a good look at how married life would be with Orly. He wants her all to himself and wants to make all the decisions.

Diana, Leticia Calderon is in Amor Real, but she shows up MUCH later on. I think she plays a free spirited woman who's lived in France. The mother of Mathilde (Adela Noriega) is played by Helena Rojo.

I also watched it; don't know if I'll be able to keep up, even with a DVR, to two hours per night. But it's just as good as I remember it when I saw it the first time.
 

Maggie, wonderful and an oh so helpful recap. i've stopped trying to comprehend the drowned out dialog to save my sanity and depend solely on the recaps as I have a screwed up caption system on my tv as well.

Well, whens the last time you left your undies and other unmentionables in a motel room after a quickie.. That means some woman is walking around RdM without her chonis or bra. Ugh.

I agree, unless Orly and Luz have personality makeovers, it would be better for Camila and Rafa to get back together or just go solo.

I caught the 2hrs of Amor Real yesterday and was impressed by the acting, even by Adela, the costumes and sets and the distinguishable comprehensible dialog (what a treat.) It really moves at a clip. I think the mother featured currently is Helena Rojo and that Carloca will be appearing later in the novela.

GinCA
 

novelera:
I was wondering about those papers too and whether Samuel could even use them.Are they some sort of agreement by her or the actual deed to the property? I wasn't clear on that. Diana asked Rafa if the house was really hers, and he basically said he wouldn't fight her, but does that mean that there isn't yet a settlement putting the house solely in her hands? What is Samuel planning, selling the house from under her or getting money as collateral and running off? In either case, I would think she would still have to sign something in agreement.But this is Telenovaville, so anything can happen as fact. Just look at the trial.
daisynjay
 

Yes, GinCA, Amor Real is SUCH a treat. Adela looks absolutely gorgeous in the novela. And I also think the character of Manuel Fuentes-Guerra was completely right for TBLMOE. He gets a bit more bitter later on. But right now he's showing how clever he is, taking over the reins of the inherited hacienda.

Sorry about the off topic stuff. Can't help gushing about Amor Real. Everyone is age appropriate, and the plot is terrific.
 

Loved the line about needing a lightening rod on the courthouse and no I didn't see the Purple Liar swear on a bible. I seem to remember her telling Rojas something about keeping the inheritance a secret although what she figures to gain in a three year period is beyond me other than to loot the estate. She is a real piece of work. It looks to me like everyone knows she is a liar except her cadre of haters in the cheap seats. She is also so self absorbed that she doesn't know it. Retribution in this case is going to be SWEET!

I also though Gabe grabbed for his heart and that those quick acting pills were nitro tablets. He is also a somewhat mopey character but at least there is a reason for it other than the usual pining over the good girl.

Yuk can slimy Sam get any more unappealing. First the view of his scrawny white shanks and then stuffing undies under the mattress. Diana deserves everything she is going to get with this loser.

I wonder why it is always in good novelas that the music drowns out the actors while the dumb ones or ones with people who can't act seem free of distractions. Maybe the technicians get so swept up in the action they lose sight of what they should be doing. I've seen some shows that were so bad I prayed for the music. In any event let's hope that tonight Don E rides to the rescue and Paloma tells her "loving" tia to pack her bags and get out of HER house. (I live in hope).
 

Maggie, the mark of a pro = recapping with no captions. Your recap was a treat, as usual.

Shady German earned his dirty money this episode as it was he who suggested that Carloca "divulge" the details of the will. That's what saved her backside on the witness stand.

Just to add to the Amor Real comments, if I can go off topic just this once. This is my favorite novela of all time, and for me the best acting I've ever seen in a novela is from Ernesto Laguardia as Umberto, the brother of Adela Noriega's character. If any of you are sticking with this show, I'd urge you to keep your eye on this character just for the range, depth and character development you will see in Umberto. And of course, Fernando C. is perfect in his role of Manuel. My favorite of his roles as well.

Jackie
 

I was hoping Mac would pop right up out of her grave and slap Paloma silly for believing her beloved mother, who had been so kind and loving and upstanding as long as Paloma knew her (aside from hiding the parentage facts), could be the kind of nasty scheming slut Carlota describes. While, obviously, Carlota has been repeatedly and intensely nasty.

Can they please get Rufi on the witness stand already and force her to talk? It is getting less and less believable that she is letting Carlota get away with her egregious lies.
 

Julia - amen on both your comments. All Rufi does is make snarky asides to Carlota. I think it's supposed to be related to a promise she made to Mac not to tell who Paloma's father is, but I don't remember her swearing her to secrecy on EVERYTHING.

And, it's not believeable that Paloma swallows everything La Loca says to her.
 

Julia ROFL you're not the only one who thinks someone should slap some sense into Paloma be it from the grave or the here now.Someone please help the audience out here.

Decie girl i am crying with laughter from your comments as well. Too many of the crappy and bad novelas i have seen have never had the background music over powering or just simply drowning out the conversation.
 

I'm the anon who mistook Carloca for Mathilde's mama. Sorry for the mistaken identity (and the off topic) in Amor Real. I thought she was a dead ringer for Leticia, except that Helena Rojo's cheeks are a little more hollow. Thanks for the correction--even though I watched another 2 hrs thinking it was she.

On Rufi--I never thought about putting her on the stand. Maybe Eugenio will think of that--unless Carloca dispatches her with the ease she's done with the others.
 

I don't think there would have been a reason to bring Rufi into the case before, but now that Carlota's activities have been called into question, SOMEONE should think of asking Rufi. I'm hoping Eugenio will be all over that.
 

If Eugenio is taking over the case from German tonight i expect that and some other surprises with to use against Carloca and reveal what she has been up to.

Eugenio said he knew that she was lying to Madeline well before he over heard the two padres talking about Carloca lies. I expect him to call them as material witnesses for Cris.

He also call in Dr. Bermudez too.
 

Maggie, thank you for the hilarious recap. I am wishing that the Paloma could borrow a copy of the Free Spirit Handbook. Her stupidity is legendary. We need Don YouGenius (great names you are all coming up with) to get some fires lit here.
I am sorry about the time change but I am also sorry that Gancho has become so long.

I saw the Corazon Salvaje and Dinero in action while in Oaxaca and liked both of them. I did notice that some peole did not like Corazon Salvaje was not as popular with my Jugo (juice) lady at the mercado but sometimes people don't seem to appreciate the historic language and costumes they way we have always loved here on Caray Caray.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder