Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Amor Monday, January 25, 2010: Don Eugenio rides in on his white steed, wielding his flaming sword of justice

Friday: Paloma tells Lili that the problem with Gabriel being interested in her is that she still loves Emiliano. Romina overhears. Em and Gab circle each other like stags, antlers lowered.

Why, it’s a day like any other day in the pretty little town of Real del Monte. Anguish. Bloodlust. Deceit. The usual.

Camila’s bachelorette party is getting rowdy – they’ve reached the conga line stage. Romina pulls Paloma aside and said she just has to tell somebody – she thinks Em is cheating on her. Paloma says he would never do that. Romina says that’s what I thought, but he didn’t come home last night and I found a message on his cell from some lady saying their time together was hot. Men! They’re all the same. Looks like he was just playing with you and me both.

Padre M is visiting Chris in jail. He tells him that he’s so glad Don E is representing him, not only because he personally wants to see him exonerated, but because when a priest is accused, it affects the faithful. They stop coming to church; they lose faith. Our behavior must be above reproach. Chris says I know.

Padre M tells how happy he was when Madeleine told him Don E was taking over. Chris says my mother? She’s behind it? I don’t want anything to do with anything connected with her. Oops! Padre M realizes he’s said too much. Chris says tell Don E to forget it. Padre M tells him not to be that way – Don E can prove his innocence. Chris would be nuts to reject him.

Good ol’ Gabe points out to Em that they’re acting like enemies, but actually they’re on the same page, they both want to make Paloma happy. Em says but why don’t you ever talk about the future? It’s like a today thing with you.

Gabriel says You planned a future with Paloma and it didn’t happen. The only thing we can really be sure of is the present. Paloma is my present, and Romina is yours. And off he walks down the street.

Em thoughtbubbles that he should never have married Romina.

Paloma isn’t buying that Em is a cheater. Romina asks if she’s heard of Anamar. Paloma says yes, she’s from Monterrey and she’s in town now. She was having lunch with Em when I was having lunch with Gabriel, and he introduced us. Romina says he never told me. Our baby isn’t even out of the hospital, and he’s cheating on me.

Romina tries not to cry. She says her mama was right about not marrying him. But she’s going to pretend she doesn’t know what’s going on. If I say anything, he’ll leave me and my baby won’t have a family.

At the law firm, Nestor is asking German what happened – how could he get taken off Chris’s case? It would have been a career-maker for him, plus he had Carlota hiring him. German says I don’t know what I can do. Nestor says nothing, I guess. German says maybe Don E will lose the case. Nestor doubts it, plus he feels Chris is innocent though he can’t put his finger on why. If Don E wins it, it’s going to leave a big blot on your resume.

The guy in Houston is on the phone telling Orlando that if he doesn’t come to live in Houston, it’s a no-go. The Houston people don’t have the knowledge or materials to successfully deal with the project on their own. Orlando says well, okay. My wife and I will be there in a couple of months. Start the paperwork.

Carlota arrives at German’s office under full sail. She wants to know if German has dug up any dirt on Don E yet. German says I can’t find a thing. He seems to be irreproachable, so I’ve been reviewing Chris’s case to find a way for us to make him lose, even though I’m not his lawyer. I’ll come out smelling like a rose. I just don’t know how to go about it.

Carlota does. She says find a person to say that they just heard about the case in the papers and they remember seeing someone who looked like Chris shoving Alonso under a truck. And then pay them whatever it takes. (I see a hole in this already. A person doesn’t report a murder he says he saw right when Alonso was still warm and flat on the pavement, but is motivated to report it months later just because there’s an article in the Pachuco Daily?)

German gulps and doesn’t think to ask why exactly a truck and not a car? Why exactly shoving him under a truck instead of driving a truck over him? Carlota says just do it.

Now Dr B is visiting Natalia in prison. She can’t figure out why Chris got them a new lawyer. Why not just keep German? Dr B says he’s glad he did – he couldn’t believe that German let them drag all that past history out of Chris on the stand. Dr B says that whole thing about leaving the priesthood to go with Macarena made him look bad. Did you know about his past with her?

Natalia says yes, he told me when he came to Real del Monte. Dr B says Macarena never told me. I realize she wasn’t totally open with me. She just told me that Paloma was her daughter and… Natalia interrupts, saying Paloma is her daughter? Then she must be Chris’s daughter! Dr B says I thought so too when she said Paloma was the child of a great love, but then I thought no, she would have told Paloma before she died. Now that I know she and Chris were going to marry, I’m starting to doubt again.

Natalia says it wasn’t that long ago that he asked me about Sagrario’s pregnancy! He asked if I had seen Sagrario when she was pregnant. You know, he said something that just now seems important. Natalia turns deathly pale, but it’s just because we’re fading into Flashbackland. She whites out and we see Chris asking if Sagrario was just expecting a baby, or was she pregnant. At that time, Natalia said isn’t that the same thing?

Chris said not necessarily. We pop back to the present. Natalia tells Dr B he needs to talk to Chris about it. Because it was Chris who was Mac’s big love. Dr B says I don’t know if he wants to talk about that right now, and Paloma is mad at him. Natalia says you have to.

Luz tells the social worker that she wants to adopt the little girl. The social worker says great – does your husband agree? Luz says she and Rafa aren’t married, and that she wants to adopt her as a single mother. The social worker says it used to be that single women couldn’t adopt, but things have changed. Now she just needs to show that she has the financial means and that she’s emotionally stable and respectable. Then we’re home free, says Luz.

The social worker wants to know if she has a residence and steady work. Luz says no job, but money isn’t a problem. The social worker knits her brows. As for a residence – well, I move around a lot.

The social worker says I think your best plan would be to stabilize your situation with Rafa, and then adopt together. Luz looks doubtful. Bummer, huh, Luz? Reality sucks.

Anamar knocks at Em’s office door and he smiles to see her. And no wonder – she wears a skin-tight micro-mini dress and our eyes (and undoubtedly his) are transfixed by her impressive cantilevered bosom. In a nod to modestly, the dress has a high neckline.

She reports that she has been walking around town (not to be confused with street walking) and it’s a lovely place. Oh, and she met his wife. She tells about how they met at the hotel. She doesn’t seem right for you, she says. She seems cranky, frustrated. I don’t think we took to each other.

She says I came by to ask if you want to go to a movie. Em says I can’t – I’m working on some proposals. She says let me help you. You know I’m good at things like that. If we get done in time, we’ll go to a movie, and if not we’ll have spent some time together. Where do we start? She coyly cuts her eyes and him and smiles widely.

Now Madeleine is visiting tight-lipped Chris in prison, and she’s telling him that when she was at church, Padre M told her how mad Chris was that she’s behind Don E taking his case. She begs him to understand, that he has always been important to her. I know I have no right she says, but I can pay for my mistakes.

Chris wants to know how she knows Don E. She tells him that her family, which is to say his too, and the Lizardes have known each other forever. She called him for advice, and it turned out that he was right here in Real del Monte visiting his son. It’s the hand of God.

Chris says I don’t want anything to do with you and I don’t want to be beholden to you. But at this time, I can’t afford to refuse Don E’s help. Madeleine says you don’t owe me anything, it’s I who owe you so much. And Don E is a fine and honest man. I trust him completely, and trust in his ability to prove your innocence and to get you out of here.

If you are so sure of the outcome, says Chris, why don’t you just get along back to Paris now? Madeleine says I told you I’m staying until the trial is over. I want to see you happy. Then I’ll go back to Paris and die alone.

Paloma and Rufi have come home from the party, but it’s still daylight out. Paloma says she just doesn’t feel comfortable in that house, even though she likes Camila. And she says now that the whole thing of leaving town with Dr B may not happen, she’s extra uncomfortable.

Rufi says I was thinking about that, and about what Gabriel offered you, and I have an idea about money for you. She takes Paloma out into the little patio and says You remember Inaki’s ring? How Aron told you it was valuable? Paloma says yes, but my tia said it was worthless. Rufi says she might not have been telling the truth. Like now we know that she wasn’t telling you about your inheritance from your parents. Why don’t you have Gabriel take you to Pachuco and have a jeweler look at it?

Paloma doubtfully says Ay, Rufi! But Rufi says do it for me. Okay, says Paloma.

At the office, Rafa is staring out the window. Joel has trouble getting his attention. He notes that Rafa looks worried. Rafa says it’s Luz – she’s so impulsive. She got it into her head that she wants to adopt that little girl, on her own. I have no idea if she is planning on including me in all this.

While Rufi and Paloma are chatting, Dr B has let himself in, as the front door was open. After some polite pleasantries, Paloma tells him she feels bad for him about what happened. He says I know you do, but don’t. And I want you to know that my offer is still open.

Really? says Paloma, amazed. Rufi kisses his hand. He says you need me, and I need you too. You are part of my present and my future too. I would be very honored if you two would come with me. Will you? Paloma throws her arms around him. Rufi too. Group hug!

Angelica comes home and tells Miriam that Orlando has a job for her. Miriam thanks her excitedly. Angelica says there’s no need to thank me – I owe you one. When you came to me, telling me that Dario had stolen your characters, I didn’t support you. But when I called you, you supported me. I’ve learned my lesson. Miriam says I knew you were blinded by Dario. Please forget about it. Girlfriends? Girlfriends! agrees Angelica.

In his studio, Gabriel is cleaning his brushes while Don E has a nice laugh thinking about how Carlota’s power is slipping out her hands. Gabriel says the whole thing makes him uncomfortable. Don E laughs his rumbly laugh some more and says there’s something about her that attracts me – she’s very interesting.

In what way? says Gabriel. Don E says I don’t know – she’s full of contradictions, and will do anything and everything not to lose control. I think she’s a woman who wants to be rescued from the crazy world she’s created. Underneath she needs love, tenderness.

Gabriel, looking grossed out, says I see you’re in full psychologist mode. Don E laughs and says And how did you do with Paloma?

I think I overwhelmed her. She’s still in love with Emiliano, and now she feels uncomfortable with me. Don E says are you guessing, or are you sure? I’m sure, says Gabriel. She couldn’t paint any more. And I can’t loose sight of the fact that I was looking for someone to pass all my knowledge, my legacy on to.

Don E says that’s a goal you imposed upon yourself. A legacy of love is just as important as a professional legacy. Gabriel says but she doesn’t return my feelings and now I maybe have lost her as a student.

Don E says maybe you’re exaggerating. Paloma may have lost her flow state, as you call it, when you told her, but probably she was just surprised by what you told her. But tomorrow you can see her, maybe she’ll think about what it was that made you say that.(At least, I think that’s what Don E said.) It’s just part of our being human.

Gabriel says I hope you’re right, because I don’t have time to find another person who has the sensitivity to receive what I have to give her.

Don E says give her your love along with your lessons. What she does with it is her responsibility, not yours.

Rufi and Paloma are walking arm-in-arm in the house when Carlota walks through. Paloma wants to know why she didn’t come to the Camila’s bachelorette party. Carlota says Why do you think I’d accept an invitation like that, to that kind of party after the scandalous life that she’s led?

Rufi says she didn’t lead a scandalous life – quite the opposite. Que? says Carlota. Living with a guy before marrying him isn’t scandalous? Where are your standards? And then to throw herself a bachelorette party! Paloma says I’m glad she’s marrying and I wish her every happiness. Por favor! says Carlota.

You take everything the bad way, says Paloma. I’m glad I went to the party, because it served as a going-away party for me. Carlota turns and says What? Paloma says when I turn 18, Rufi and I are going to Mexico City to live with Dr. Bermudez.

Still with that stupid idea? says Carlota. Yes, says Paloma. And we won’t see each other for three years, when I’ll return to collect the inheritance that my parents left me. Carlota narrows her eyes.

We’re back in the courtroom. No dialog, but split-screen scenes of Don E questioning Orlando, Natalia, a lady I think is the statue-makers wife, Padre M, Lili, the angry statue maker. Cameos of various people in the courtroom. Don E is self-assured, Madeleine is starting to smile, our team of good guys is starting to brighten up and the prosecutor is looking ever more serious.

That’s all for now, Chris informs the judge.

Gabriel is at the church, working on his restoration. Paloma comes in – he’s glad to see her. I accept, she says with a smile. Gabriel looks happy and hopeful. Accept what? The party for my 18th, she says. He jumps down from the low scaffold and says it’ll be wonderful.

She asks him how much longer he has to go on his restoration. He says he doesn’t know exactly. She says she will have to break off her lessons for now, because she’s going to Mexico City to live with Dr B. Gabriel looks puzzled and unhappy.

In her office, Carlota is talking to herself. She says I can’t let Paloma leave to live with Dr B. Everything I’ve done will have been for nothing. Maybe Dr B should pass into a better life?

It’s breakfast time and Em says he’s going to work but first he’s going to stop by to see the baby. Does Romina want to go with him? She says no, she’s going to shop for a dress for the wedding. She’s almost gotten her figure back! Em says Don’t you think it’s more important to see the baby, and then go shopping afterwards?

Romina says You just don’t understand how much work it is to get ready for a wedding, and it’s tomorrow. I want to look dazzling for you. I’ll go see the baby this afternoon. Give him some kisses for me, okay?

Don’t look at me that way! While you’re at work I’m going to be with the baby the whole time. It’s not going to hurt that I don’t go right now. Em angrily says If I weren’t working, I’d be with the baby all the time. (In his righteousness, he is handily forgetting the time spent with his ex yesterday.)

Romina says I knew you were going to be a great father, and I was right. I’ve really won the lottery with you.

Em looks like feh. He goes to leave and Romina says By the way, I met your girlfriend yesterday. Em says I know, she told me. Romina jumps up from the table and says You saw her again? Yes, says Em. She came to Real del Monte to see me so I’m spending time with her.

I’m you’re wife, don’t forget, Romina throws at him. Em says I’m not forgetting, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have friends. And just so you know, I’ve invited her to the wedding. Romina says She’s not coming to my mother’s wedding! She’s coming to my father’s wedding, he snarls. He stomps out.

Okay, we know Romina is no prize, but seriously Em, you don’t have a leg to stand on here.

In court, Don E rests his case and addresses the jury. He says this trial has changed course and that he has shown that Chris has led an honorable life. The prosecutor says he has nothing more to add. A baliff hands him a note. The judge says In that case… He raises his gavel and the prosecutor looks at the note and says Wait! I have something else. I call Leopardo Perez to the stand.

The crowd looks amazed, Don E too.

Leopardo swears on the bible. He then recounts that he lives in Pachuco and the day Alonso was killed, he saw a priest. The prosecutor asks if he can point him out, and he points dramatically at Chris. It’s him. German, lurking in the back of the courtroom, nods in satisfaction.

Leopardo tells how Chris shoved Alonso under a truck and ran away. Chris leaps to his feet and stares at him. German and the guy exchange glances and German nods.

Don E asks to approach the bench. He and the prosecutor address the judge in low voices. Don E says that guy wasn’t on the list of witnesses. I just found out about him, says the prosecutor. I don’t believe him, says Don E, and I’m going to prove it. The judge calls for a recess.

Don E picks up his papers from his desk and Chris says to him It’s all a lie. Don E says stay calm. He heads for chambers.

The well-dressed jury are discussing the case in the jury room. Are they allowed to do this? They take a straw vote and all but one think that Chris is guilty.

In another room, Chris and Natalia in handcuffs wonder where that fake witness came from.

German has called Carlota.
G ;You would have loved it!
C: No doubt. It wasn’t enough to supply all that information on Chris’s past.
G: That was you? You didn’t trust me?
C: Did you think I had 100% confidence in you? I don’t like to take unnecessary risks. G: (laying it on thick) You never cease to amaze me
C: (sighing) You have so much to learn.
G: If you will be my teacher, I’d be so happy. You would get unconditional loyalty
C: If I pay your conscience well enough. Your loyalty has a price. But don’t worry, I’m well aware of that.
G: (buttering her up) It’s not just that. I’ll never forget that kiss we had.
C: Well, wipe it from your brain if you don’t want me to forget to pay for your loyalty.
G: No! There’s no need to take things that far!
C: Call me when they find him guilty.
She hangs up.

In the judge’s chambers, the judge says the testimony is important. Don E shakes his head. The prosecutor says the guy saw it! How about we settle for 10 years instead of 20? Agreed? Don E says no.

Don E says I have a question. How is it that you came to know so much about Chris’s past? The prosecutor brags that he has a great team. (We should note that his crack investigation team didn’t check out Leopardo, whether that’s even his name and whether he even comes from Pachuco, etc.) Maybe, says Don E, but it’s too much intimate detail – it would have to come from someone who knew him very well, someone who wanted him to found guilty. Maybe, says the prosecutor. I don’t reveal sources.

The judge tells them to wrap up, because the day after tomorrow is the final day. (Why? Is the courtroom reserved for someone else?)

Rufi is at the kitchen table and Carlota comes in to make tea. She asks Rufi if she’s going with Dr B. Rufi says yes. Carlota says even after all the years I’ve supported you? Rufi says you’ve paid me for my work, and I’ve earned every cent honestly. Carlota says I don’t know about that. Not many people would keep on an old lady like you. I’ve just let you stay out of compassion and because of your long service.

Rufi pointedly notes she could have had a younger woman, like the one she hired while she was gone. Carlota says at least you could convince Paloma to stay at least until she’s 21. Rufi says Dr B is such a wonderful man – he loved Macarena so much and he’s doing it for her.

Carlota reaches for a big jar on a shelf over the stove. She freezes mid-reach and has a sudden idea. Rufi, she says. Invite Dr B for dinner. I want to thank him for all he’s done for Paloma. Really? says Rufi, amazed. Carlota says it’s better to keep your enemies close, they say.

It’s not going to be easy for any of you to adapt to life in the big city, she observes. But I can’t intervene now that she’s reached 18, even if it would be for her own good. She taps the jar she’s holding and smiles to herself. Uh oh. Dr B will be familiar with the concept of heart-attack-on-a-plate, but I don’t think Carlota’s thinking fettuccine alfredo.

Avances: Chris tells Leopardo, who’s on the stand, that he’s lying. Em tells Romina he wants a divorce.

Labels:


Comments:
Always a great read, Maggie. Loved your image of Gabriel and Emiliano like two stags circling each other. But you really hit a home run with your description of Anamar. Sorry I missed that dress and the "cantilevered bosom". And walking around town not the same as a streetwalker!!!! Ouch. Well-placed dart m'dear

And the perfect description of Don Eugenio "rumbly laugh". Yes, I can just hear it now.

No need to watch this. You brought it all to life. Thanks, Maggie.
 

Maggie, amazing recap of "a day like any other day in the pretty little town of Real del Monte...anguish. bloodlust. deceipt. the usual." I laughed at "conga line stage", certainly an indicator of a rip-roaring party as you noted. Agree with my amiga Judy that "cantilevered bosom" was amazing.

Wonderful title but alas was disappointed we weren't able to hear Eugenio questioning the witnesses. It did appear as though the tide was turning (at least momentarily) by the look on the courtroom participant's faces.

Eugenio seems alternately intrigued and repulsed by Carlota. Whatever his suspicions, I would doubt he realizes the degree of her nefarious nature and the number of cold blooded murders she's committed. Let's hope he puts the pieces together before Dr. B comes to dinner.

Diana
 

Great recap Maggie. It would have been a career maker for German.. except.. for the fact.. he was planning on losing it.
Is this the end for Dr. B? Moved up to number one on Carloca's list. Hopefully they'll get smart and he'll stay away.

Have to hope Eugenio kicks some butt on that guy tonight. Wasn't that guy in FELS?

"Bummer, huh, Luz? Reality sucks." You bet. No job and no home. Hmm. Can't really see her settling down for Rafa either. Luz might as well pick up and move to Houston with Orly.

I guess Anamar must be pulling her dress up too high. :) She does make Emil light up.

So pJC talks to PM out in the open, but with mom they put them into a room? Different.
 

M: Wonderful recap. "Heart attack on a plate" was priceless. we had a feeling that poor Dr. B would be in La Loca's sites soon. The man knows too much and has that darn picture too. Hoping that her dastardly plan doesn't pan out though. As with most TN doctors, he seems to be everyone's jack of all trades no matter what is wrong.
I was also a bit disappointed we didn't get to actually see some of Don E in action, but it looks like we may get him tonight ripping apart the suprise witness? OK, I admit it I just wanted to hear that sexy voice. It is funny how La Loca intrigues him, but I don't think he would hesitate grilling her on the stand if it came to that.
I had a real Uh-Oh moment there when Gabe said he was uncomfortable when they were speaking about our Purple Queen. Sorry Dr. B, but if it's you or Gabe that she prepares her latest potion on, your my man.
The whole "passing on my legacy" was a bit comical if only since we've seen Pal's artwork. Sorry Gabe, but I'm not sure if you plan to be around THAT long.
So the wedding is coming up. Looks like Camilla is in for a big surprise from Orlando AFTER the ceremony. Wow, talk about not being up front with your intended. After she tells him no way, no how would she move, he still tells the guy it's a go. Full of ourselves much are we?
As for Luz, c'mon. You're supposed to be a smart girl so why would it surprise her that she would have a hard time getting the little one since she has no job or permanent home? Is she going to hook up with Rafa just for the girl or will this lead her to seriously rethink her life? Wasn't sure if Rafa was hoping to be included, or frustrated that she wanted to do it in the first place.
Tonight more Don E (Yeah!) and maybe Dr. B's last supper? As for Emi and Romeme...divorce? And will he go for full custody?
 

Thank you for your recap Maggie. Your words to capture things so well. Specifically Don E's rumbly laugh (the man has a great voice).

It will be interesting to see what type of end comes to Romena. Her attempts to manipulate Paloma are so similar to Carloca it's chilling. Thankfully Romena hasn't killed anyone yet. However, I put nothing past her where Emiliano is concerned.

German seems to be getting deeper and deeper with La Loca. I'm really not sure about him surviving let alone redemption.

I hope Dr. B shows some sense (unlike Rufi and Pal) and realize that dinner will be his last supper. And, if another death happens, Don E and Chris will suspect the Purple Loca.
 

I loved the courtroom scenes of Eugenio talking to Natalia, Padre Mateo, Gossip Guy and his wife. By the look on the face of Prosecutor the tide was turning in Cris and Natalia's favor.

This made up lying witness hopefully will get German exposed and disbarred.

Crazy Carloca is going to try to get rid of Dr.B even though some people are suspicious of her killing Inaki already.

She is definitely not working with a full deck.It must mean Paloma's birthday is going to be very soon.

Emiliano finally tell RoMEna he wants a divorce for tonight's episode.

The way RoMEna was lying and manipulating Paloma last night shades of Carloca truly a sick and twisted person.

Also it looks like from the previews for tonight that Eugenio exposes the new witness as a liar.

ITA what legacy can Gabriel leave Paloma about her painting other than telling her to paint by the numbers.
 

Maggie superb recap!!

I'm a little confused about Luz. If she doesn't have a job, what was she doing at convention where she met Raphael???? I do like her even though she doesn't seem to have common sense. But hten who soes in these stories (except for Eugenio... big sigh)

Emiliano continues to disappoint me. He married Romena for (his) baby, has moped about it ever since and now wants a divorce. If he really wanted to make it work, wouldn't he put some effort into the relationship. Romena is a selfish B**** but he made the decision (stupid as it was) to marry her so now he is obligated to try to make it work instead of whining all the time and stalking Paloma who is trying to move on. Someone slap him PLEASE!!!

German I think you are past the point of no return!!

Diana I was a bit disappointed too not actually hearing Eugenio (sigh) question the witnesses.
 

"Walking around town (not to be confused with streetwalking)"...classic! Great recap all around.

I hope we get to hear Eugenio tear apart the case tonight. If Germy was smart at all (he isn't) he would jump ship right now and tell Eugenio everything he knows about Carlota and get credit for helping to crack the case. La Loca would have a much harder time hurting him from prison.
 

Julia the Purple one if she really wanted to would get to German even in prison. Don't forget how she bought off the prison guards to not only have access to Cris but to know who visits him.

I just hope some stops her before she can kill Dr.B.
 

Great recap, Maggie...loved the snark.

I would have loved to see Eugenio, the great litigator, in action, especially cross examining gossip guy and gossip gal since they were out to get Chris right out of the gate. Hopefull, tonight Eugenio will decimate the paid witness but will he reveal his connection to Germ and Loca? Probably not.

How does Anamar sit down or bend over without revealing everything?

Hope Dr. B is wise enough not to eat or drink anything Loca makes or gives to him.

GinCA
 

Thank you for your recap Maggie.

Rodolfo moved to the very top of the hit list. Is Carlotta to cook herself and spice to food well with belladonna?

If it wasn't for Camila's wedding, I think I would take a break from the TN for a week or so. I'm so tired of watching Carlotta getting the things her way.

maria
 

Well so much for mew saying I thought German looked ashamed when Don E lit into him. I felt sort of sorry for him in the beginning when he was so obsessed with that little pero even if he was deceiving his BFF. He always looked like he was trying to work up the guts to tell him but now I think he has lost his mind. One slobbering kiss from the Purple Witch and he is completely under her thumb. Even his boss at Crooks, Liars and a Dolt thinks Cris is innocent. German's latest move, when exposed would get him disbarred in any country in the world. It's time for Erick to come forward and say he saw German taking a load of peso's from the purple one. Now I do hope German ends up with Romina (I don't Work) and he won't have a job and is saddled with her whining into eternity.

Interesting that Cris is busy rejecting his mother while his own daughter is doing the same to him. That revelation is going to be spectacular and it looks like a couple of more people have figured it out. Can't wait.

Now we wait for another poison laced dinner at Casa Gloom. I find it interesting that the ugly purple one uses Belladona which of course mean Beautiful Woman.

Anamar is way too sure of herself for my taste and is showing us that, in case we hadn't noticed it, that Emiliano is clueless. Somebody buy the girl a pair of pants. It occurs to me that we always see her standing up because if she sat down we would get the view only her gyno should see.

With any luck Doctor B will get an emergency phone call before he can sample Carloca's cooking.
 

Decie girl you are hitting all of the parts of last night's episode, i'm ROFL at his boss at Crooks,Liars and Dolt.

I had a inkling he wasn't shamed enough by Eugenio because he looked the same way when Emiliano confronted him about RoMEna. Guilty but not enough courage or backbone to admit he's at fault.
 

Maggie, that was a great recap. Enjoyed every word!

Boy, Romina is diabolical. Her plan to hurt Paloma by telling her Em was cheating didn't quite pan out, but she sure did try. And Paloma has zero poker face and always manages to look like a whipped puppy when Ro gets going on her.

It didn't really make sense to me that Paloma said she'd move to DF and not see Carlota for 3 years. That's what I'd do, of course, but Paloma is still kissing her on the cheek every chance she gets. So why does she now say she won't even visit her?

I can hardly wait to see Eugenio light into that liar. I was a little confused about something. It seemed like Germs was giving him head nodding signals as to which guy to point out as the guy in the sotana he saw shoving someone in front of a truck. But then, when Germs talked to La Loca, it seemed that she was the one who bought the witness. So how did Germs know all about it?

I'd like to think Carlota isn't going to succeed with Dr. B, but how else does Paloma stay in RdM after her birthday (next week). You know she's got to be around to be tortured by La Loca some more.
 

Que the hell? I don't think Chris would be stupid enough to go all the way to Pachuca and push a guy in front of a truck wearing priests' robes in broad daylight. This is the lamest witness I've ever heard. I'm no expert in Mexican law, but how do you call a witness to the stand because somebody passes you a note.

I hope we can hear Eugenio litigate tonight.

~Caborita

















.I want to hear him rip into this witness and tear his story to shreds.
 

Thanks Maggie for an awesome recap.

OK, if this TN is going to end in March, I think someone (like Don E or Dr. B) is going to sniff out Carlota's evil sooner rather than later. I have a feeling that when she attempts to serve Dr. B the bella donna casserole, he will bust her in some way.

Dona Gringuita
 

decie girl - I bow to your observations and "Crooks, Liars and a Dolt" - prize winning.

And I also find it a little troubling that Cris is being so hard on his mother. For someone who just until recently preached forgiveness, he is not practicing that himself.
 

I am hoping that, since they suspect Iñaki may have been poisoned, Doc B will go to dinner, get a sample of his food and drink, then escape claiming an emergency and have the food tested. That might be hard, though, if they don't know what to test for.

This trial is a complete joke so I hope my hero Don E brings it to a swift and just end. He needs to get Rufi in the witness chair, since she knows all the players involved.
 

Great recap, Maggie!!!

Can LaLoca be so stupid as to try the same thing as she has been doing??? I wonder what she has up her sleeve???

Ann-NYC
 

Julia, I like your idea about Dr. B getting the food tested. Unfortunately, the thing that weighs against it for me is that it's too soon for Carlota to be completely revealed as a murderer. Maybe something else will save Dr. B: a medical emergency before he gets to eat or drink anything?

And, yes, this trial is a complete farce. I just about spit up when that prosecutor was able to call the liar just AFTER he'd said he had nothing further to add to his case. And Eugenio was pretty mild about saying the liar wasn't on the list of witnesses. If he wasn't on the witness list given to the defense, he should never have been allowed to speak without the defense having a chance to prepare.
 

Ann from NYC yes La Loca can be that stupid because she's insane, with everything that is going on right now she's thinking of using the same method to dispatch Dr.B.

Not only would Eugenio suspect her but the prosecutor would probably too, but because her plans are being upset with Paloma moving away then she won't have access to torture Paloma daily and to her money.

The Purple one isn't thinking clearly but in her case she never has had a clear thought process. Wait and see what the fall out is going to be when Eugenio exposes her bought off lying witness.
 

Novelera i believe that Eugenio is so confident that he's going to expose the lying witness and maybe who put him up to it that's why he had that response.

Eugenio also saw when German skulked into the back of the courtroom too, let's hope it comes out that German coached the guy to say what he's saying to accuse Cris and gets disbarred like he deserves.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder