Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Amor Monday, February 22, 2010: Tonight’s Olympic event: the Table Throw!

I hope Carlota gets the gold, because I’ve never heard the Hades national anthem.

Friday’s last juicy bits:

Three pigeons wing off to fulfill their destiny of finding some statue to poop on. Diana tells Em she knew about his night with Romina. Rufi, Chris and Paloma tell Carlota off for some of her lies about Macarena and Chris and for the fake daddy. Rufi says Carlota diluted Mac’s medicine. She says Carlota did it all because she wanted to keep Paloma with her – she was afraid of being alone. Paloma defiantly tells Carlota You can have it all – the house, the money, but I’m never going to set foot in this house again.

Delicious! And here is tonight’s feast:

Camila comes to see jailbird Samuel. He tries to take her hands, but she draws them away. He tries to compliment her on her noble heart and her beauty but she says Cut the crap. He says he’s had time to think and he repents, plus he realizes she’s the woman he truly loves. She can help him get out and they’ll live the life they should have had all along.

Do you think I’m nuts? she says. I can’t imagine how I fell in love with you in the first place, and all I feel for you now is sorry. And when you get out in 15 years, don’t even thing of coming to look for me. She leaves and Samuel clutches his hair in despair.

Diana tells Emiliano she went off to play poker the night Romina wanted to be alone with him – they’d worked it out. Em is furious. Diana said I thought she was a good choice for you.

Em says So she was there when German brought me home drunk! I wonder if he was in on the plan? Diana doesn’t know, but she does know that Romina put him to bed and seduced him.

Em goes to the door and says Leave. Diana says But I came to tell you that I’ve lost the house and the alimony isn’t enough and I don’t have any place to stay. Leave, says Em.

The three musketeers are standing shoulder to shoulder, chins jutted out, taking on Carlota. They don’t have swords, but Chris is swift with his accusing finger. Carlota says You can’t leave me. Paloma says You’ve earned your solitude. Chris says No need to bother talking to her. Carlota says If you walk out now, you’ll never see me again. Paloma says I’m willing to pay that price.

Carlota says Rufi, after all these years, first you broke your promise to Macarena and now you’re turning on me. Chris jabs a finger at her and says Don’t you insult Rufi! She’s the most faithful person on the face of the earth.

Rufi says I’m going to have a hard time leaving you because despite everything, I’ve always loved you. And I’m going to pray for you. Carlota’s façade cracks a little and her chin trembles. But it twists into a scowl and she says I don’t need the prayers of a traitor like you.

Shut up, warns Chris. Carlota says You all are going to pay big time for what you’re doing to me.

Chris says Whaddaya gonna do? Pull out a gun and shoot us all? That’s all that missing. Little does he know…

Chris herds the two ladies out. Carlota runs after them yelling Paloma! You can’t leave me! I’m talking to you! Paloma! They leave and Carlota turns into the empty house, grimacing with anger and hurt. Ungrateful brat! She stalks over to a heavy wood table, grabs the edge and gives it a good heft, knocking it over.

Paloma, my love, she anguishes, Come to me! Little Paloma, come! Cristobal, all this is your fault! Everything in my life is your fault! Damn you! I hate you! I hate you!

She smiles and for a moment is the old Carlota, confident and scheming. No, you’re not going to leave. You have to come back. She dissolves into sobs. Rufina! Bring me a tea! Rufi! Rufi! Paloma! Paloma! She falls to her knees on the exact spot where her sister lay in a pool of blood. I don’t want to be alone! I don’t waannnaaa! Nooooo!

She’s down on the floor now, writhing and curling into the fetal position and hugging herself. Hug me! Don’t leave me alone! Hug me Papi, I don’t want them to leave me all alone! Ahhhhhhhhh she wails.

I’m ready to reach right through the screen and hand her a premio. Wow.

Luz has brought a heart-shaped box of chocolates to Rafa at his office, to make peace, she says. He says he’s not mad, he just doesn’t get it. She says she doesn’t either, how to be a couple. He points out that she’s has other relationships, but she says none like this, so Deep. Really? he says. Yes, she says, a sense of connection that sometimes leaves me between feeling like running away and like staying forever.

Rafa says it seems like when you are being independent, you know what to do, but when it comes to something like telling me how you really feel, you’re at loose ends. Luz says teach me how to love that way, how not to be scared when I feel like I’m losing control. You’re just the person to teach me.

Rafa says just let me be near you and love you, and don’t put up so much resistance. It hurts me and it hurts you too.

Camila, who does know how to love, is having flashbacks of her wedding day when Rafa told her to come away with him, he’s played straight with her and Orlando hasn’t. She remembers him whupping Samuel when he attacked her.

We see a jet over the skyline of Houston. Here come Orlando and Angelica dragging their carry-ons through the airport, or the hotel, I’m not sure which. She says she’s never been there before and he exclaims over the size of the city and how he’ll take her to see some sights tomorrow.

Orlando says lunch with the business guys, and then they’ll go pick out a house. Angelica says maybe you better check with Camila. Orlando says you think so? I’d like to get it done now. Angelica says don’t be so sure. Orlando, seemingly genuinely surprised, says Garsh, do you think she won’t change her mind? Duh-huh, says Angelica’s look.

Orlando says time and distance will probably change her mind. Maybe not in your favor, says Angelica. Orlando says he’s already bummed, and now that it turns out Bernardo isn’t their mutual grandchild, it’s one less thing to bind him and Camila together. He says So let’s not discuss it for now, okay? It’s been one of my biggest dreams to export overseas. Orlando likes to think pleasant thoughts, as we know.

They decide to have a shower and meet up before the business lunch.

German is chatting with his father, who is visiting from Pachuca, out on the sidewalk. Don E walks up and German introduces them. The dad leaves for home, getting into a very modest lime-green car.

Don E admires German’s red sports car. He wants to know when he bought it. German says he didn’t, his father gave it to him. Don E says Didn’t I tell you I don’t like lies? Your father can’t afford a car like that. Alonso visited before he died and paid you to tell him about the will, didn’t he? You’re the one who told him there’d been changes, right? And you bought the car with that money, didn’t you?

German says How can you think that? Don E says Quit farting around and tell me exactly what happened.

Paloma, Chris and Rufi are at Madeleine’s (or somebody’s – Chris’s?) hotel room, telling her what happened. Rufi says You should have seen her! It was like sparks were shooting out of her eyes. Chris tells Paloma he was very proud of her, she was direct and fearless. Paloma is pleased he thinks so, but she says she’s still going to miss her, just like Rufi.

Madeleine says How can you miss someone like her? Paloma says she was part of my growing up, and it’s hard to leave her, same has it’s hard to hear all that she’s done. And there’s more, says Rufi.

Chris says it was a big step forward, and a lot of secrets got told.

Paloma gets a call on her cell. It’s Em who wants to know if Carlota told her he’d come by. She says no, and she’s not staying there anymore. He’s surprised.

The landline rings and Chris picks it up. It’s Gabriel. Chris whispers to Paloma that Gabriel is waiting for her in the restaurant. Em tells Paloma he has lots to tell her. Paloma says she has to go right now, so later.

Paloma wonders how Gabriel knew where to come. Maddy says he called for Chris, who wasn’t here, so I brought him up to speed.

In the restaurant, Gabriel asks Paloma what she intends to do. She says she’s not sure, it depends on what her father is going to do, and her aunt. Gabriels says why don’t you pick what you want to do and not depend on what others are going to do?

Paloma says she doesn’t know if she is going to have to work, or if Chris is going to go back to being a priest or what. Gabriel takes her hand and says he has a different idea. Remember how he doesn’t have much time left and they want to live day-to-day? Well, he’d ask her to live with him, but he knows she wouldn’t do that, so How’s this? Marry me!

Let’s be married for the time that’s left to me. What do you say? Paloma’s eyes get even huger than usual.

Meantime, upstairs the others are chewing over Carlota. Chris figures she’s defanged now that a lot of her truths have been brought to light. Maddy isn’t so sure.

She says we can’t just stay in a hotel forever. She wants to get them a house to live together, but she doesn’t know where. Mexico City? Get-Real del Monte? Paris? Rufi is agape.

Chris says not here. Mexico City would be best. Rufi says So are you thinking about not going back to being a priest? Chris says it depends, but he has to talk to Paloma. However, he thinks Maddy is right, they need to figure out their future.

This is so sudden, says Paloma like so many other screen lovelies before her. I know, says Gabriel, but for me, every day is an eternity.

Get married? says Paloma. Gabriel says we can see other cultures, learn new ways to express our art! Get married? parrots Paloma. Gabriel says I don’t have a lot of time to woo you and get you to love me the way I love you.

I can’t accept says Paloma. Gabriel says I know you’re starting a new life, and that you can do it alone. But we could do it together! I have to think about it she says. He says do, and please don’t feel pressured. He clutches his chest and coughs pathetically. Okay, he doesn’t, but please! No pressure? She says she’ll think about it and as soon as she decides, she’ll let him know.

Carlota, in her robe and slippers, is alone in the dark house, and uh-oh, it looks like she’s drinking. The heavy table has been righted (you have to admire her strength, if nothing else), but the big crystal vase on top of it must be a goner, because it’s not there any more. She straightens the lace tablecloth with a finger. Musica de suspenso!

She sits on the stairs and calls Don E. What are you doing? she says. Working, he says, on a very interesting case. She asks if he can’t take a break. He says he’ll come by.

She hangs up and looks around and cries. I don’t want to be alone, she weeps. The house feels so big. Eugenio, hurry over, I don’t want to be alone.

Suddenly the captions seem to have been typed by the famous thousand monkeys with typewriters. Bear with me.

Rafa has come by to see Camila with some papers. He says he knows she’s been busy with the baby and he offers his sympathy about the baby. He tells Camila that he and Joel are partners and they put together an offer. She flips the folder open, glances at the first page and says that’s fine. He says don’t you want to read the fine print? She doesn’t care.

He asks if she’s okay. She says no, actually not. He understands. He says he’ll go before Orlando shows up. She says he’s in Houston. Rafa is surprised that he left her alone at such a hard time. She says he had to go. Rafa says please know that you can count on me if you need anything. Camila gives him one of her googly-eyed searching looks.

Angelica and Orlando are in a nice club with the Houston guy who asks Angelica to dance. She says Goody, I love salsa. The guy says I don’t know how to dance salsa, why don’t you two show me? Orlando says okay and leads Angelica off.

They start dancing, and some party-hardy lady grabs the other guy and starts teaching him. Angelica and Orlando smile happily and dance. They don’t have any moves, so she puts her hands on his shoulders. They get closer and closer, laughing. Uh oh, they’re awfully close.

The group at Madeleine’s are breaking up for the evening. Chris leaves and Rufi asks Paloma what happened with Gabriel, because she can tell something did. She tells them he proposed. ¿¿¿Qué??? they say.

Gabriel is on the phone with Luz, laughing and telling her he’s proposed to Paloma. While he’s talking, he working on a line drawing of a nude with a generous behind. What are we supposed to make of that? Maybe he’s not Mr Pure as we had thought. Don E is just leaving and overhears. Gabriel gushes on about how in love he is, though he knows what the future brings. He signs off and Don E shows himself.

He asks after Luz. Gabriel says she can adopt the little girl without having to get married. Gabriel notices he’s about to step out, and Don E says he’s going to see Carlota, and she’s always full of surprises. He comments to Gabriel that he knows he came back to town to be with Paloma. So now he wants to marry her?

Meantime, Rufi is telling Paloma that marriage is nothing to be taken lightly and she shouldn’t accept. Maddy points out the fellow doesn’t have much time, and maybe it’s a sign. Not many girls get three proposals in such a short time. The other two didn’t work out, but this time it maybe be a sign that it’s her time to fly.

Anyway, she says, speaking in the majestic tones of a prophetess, marriage is in your future. Paloma says now I’m more confused than before. Rufi says you have to decide, you can’t sit on the fence. Maddy says do what you want, but don’t close yourself off. Rufi says And don’t forget that Emiliano is about to become available.

Maddy says decide what’s right for you. Think of what you want and nothing else. Rufi says and if Emiliano gets tired of waiting and looks for another person and marries?

What with Maddy prophesizing and Rufi pitching Emiliano, Paloma must be wondering if having two grandmothers is quite the picnic it’s made out to be.

People are in your life for a reason, or a for season, or for life, quotes Maddy, who must diligently read all her e-mail forwards. Paloma says how do I know if it’s Gabriel or Emiliano for a reason, a season or for life? (Hint: one of ‘em is about to keel over any minute.)

Rafa is visiting Em now, who is sulking on his bed. Rafa is astounded that Diana was in cahoots with Romina. Em says they wrecked his life and separated him from Paloma and he doesn’t know if he can get her back, plus now she has that painter guy hovering over her. Rafa urges him to talk to her and Em says she won’t let me, I’ve tried. She doesn’t want anything to do with me.

Rafa says go after her. Tell her what’s happened. If that doesn’t work, you have your life ahead of you. Give it a try. Fight for your love! Em, not budging from his bed, rolls his eyes up at his father.

Angelica and Orlando are coming back from the dinner, laughing it up. Orlando says she’s the best dance partner ever. She has a little trouble opening her hotel lock. Maybe they’re a little sloshed. He tells her he feels great with her. Me too, she says.

You do? he says, and before you know it they’re necking in the hotel hall. And I do mean necking, he’s slurping on her neck and she’s pulling off his jacket. Clutching at each other, they disappear into her hotel room and close the door behind them.

Tsk. Angelica! We know Orlando’s personal code can best be described as Ethics Lite, but you?

Don E is at Carlota’s. She offers him another drink and he says no, he’s had enough, and so has she. She pours herself another one, saying she hasn’t had a drink in years. She turns serious and says I feel so alone without Paloma and that servant. She turns her back and weeps. Don E says children are a gift, they don’t belong to us. There is nothing worse for a parent than to think they didn’t give their child what they needed to fly.

Oh, please, says Carlota. Don E says you should be proud of Paloma, she has tremendous wings. Carlota says and if those wings are used to betray me? I’m supposed to be proud of that?

Don E says Paloma didn’t betray you. Yes, she did, weeps Carlota, or she wouldn’t have left me so alone. Know why you’re alone? Says Don E, walking up to her. It’s because you made it happen.

No, she says, laying her head on his shoulder.

Bassos: AHHHHHHHHH

It’s because nobody understands meeee. She looks at him up close. You understand me, don’t you? I want to, he says sincerely. I would love to be able to. She kisses him forcefully and he kisses back! Freeze frame.

Avances: Romina is served with divorce papers. Em is free, but Gabriel has proposed. Paloma is confused about her future. Em tells Paloma that he loves her.

Labels:


Comments:
Alright...you remain the queen of titles. Absolutely wonderful. The captioning remark about "a thousand monkeys" pure genius, as was "she must read all her e-mail forwards" and Ethics Lite. You are so funny, Maggie and so sharp. Thanks. I actually watched this last night and Carlota was strangely pathetic. I had to slap myself to remember all those horrid killings she arranged.
 

Maggie, great and funny recap. You sure had some kind of episode to cover last night. I kept going from Wow to Ewww through the hour.

First I agree - let's just give the award to Letitia now. There was a fine line there where that whole scene where she descends even further into her private hell could have just been a bust and corny. I mean, she pulled that off and more. It was as if she was becoming a child before our eyes. And lord help me, I started to feel a tinge of feeling sorry for her but than images of her victims made that go poof!

Where was the resolution on Germy? Eugenius challenges him, he looks like he's about to cave, but then there wasn't a follow up? And why is Dad back? To help with the little one? Was head scratching over that whole interchange.

Laughed at your comment about two grandmothers for Pal. I was thinking the same thing and was more in agreement with Maddy - of course, I admit to being a Gabe gal, so I was like " Wow,say yes, do it, you'll wind up with Emoon later - go for the hot guy Now!!" (And yeah, that pic was, well, something?)

As for Oily Orly and not so Angel, what a pair? definitely an EWWW moment. He JUST got married, she should know better. What was it with people having a few drinks last night and getting stupid??

And speaking of stupid...my Eugenius and La Loca (funny drunk). That was the biggest EWWWWWWWW moment to me of the night. After a peeled the cat off the ceiling from shouting that too loudly, and I washed out my eyes, I rethought that maybe, please please, this is part of his plan.
 

I'm not following this telenovela but wanted to pop in and tell Maggie that the title rocks!
 

Maggie...Your rocked this recap! I really enjoyed the recap but luuurved your comments even more. I actually pictured those darn thousand monkey working for their banana break. Poor monkeys. Ethics Lite was classic.

Well, Carloca sure didn't disappoint last night. I have to admit that I just couldn't muster up an ounce of sympathy for The Purple One. Her existence in this novela consisted of plotting to get rid of everyone and keep Pal's money ( and the little side story of winning over Cristobal, can't forget) 2 out of 3 ain't bad babe. So she should be rejoicing. I did like how she made her way to the spot where she ah, helped Macarena down off that pesky upstairs balcony. My DVR always cuts off the last few minutes, so I missed her and Eugenio. I hope non of her poison migrates as the spit is swapped. Boy, Eugenio, no one can accuse you of slacking on the job!
 

Maggie thanks for another great recap.


Daisynjay ITA why are we subjected to Carloca sucking face with anyone please my eyes can't take it.

Also agree Leticia has won the award for best novela female villain hands down for me.

When she was laying in the same exact spot that she pushed Macarena from the second landing i was hoping Macarena's ghost would come out and confront her. Heck the way that creepy background music was playing i was even expecting the prince of darkness Dracula,to appear to embrace his bride.

I don't know what Eugenio has in store for La Loca but allowing her to kiss him like that eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.


Why are they still dragging out German not giving Eugenio the copies of the will, lets get this part moving.

Love how Emoon threw Diana out of his office, don't feel sorry for her at all.

I guess Orlando forgot he was married but what about miss questionable ethics herself Angelica sheesh this one of your best friends newly married husband.
 

Another gem, Maggie! Thanks so much for this wonderful recap. I kept cracking up over your marvellous snark. Probably the remark that hit home most was the bit about the monkeys. They write so many episodes in Televisa telenovelas, I'm finding. I also loved your bit about wanting to hear the Hades national anthem.

I don't know what I'm going to do when this TN is over. There are several recappers (you among them) whose synopses I absolutely love, but the upcoming TNs look pretty dismal. I watched the first episodio of Corazón Salvaje last night and don't know whether I'll continue. And the trailers for Mi Pecado don't thrill me, nor does the 7 pm time slot (I was unhappy when ENDA got moved). Ah, tantos problemas.
 

Your recap rocks Maggie. Loved it.

Please, please, please tell me that Don E. is playing along with Carloca and setting a trap for her by kissing her back. Gag me! I just can't imagine him being genuinely attracted to her at all.

Yes, Leti Calderon deserves the novela premio for best actress this year. What a great meltdown scene, and you could almost see Macarena's blood on the terracotta tiles where she fell and where Carloca was now writhing in her own pool of psychotic hell. But please, don't let this be the end of her punishment. She has murdered 4 people and tried to murder one more.

I'm wondering how Dr. B is doing and to what extent Eugenio is building his case against La Loca. If she's going to live, I want to see her in one of the khaki uniforms worn by Mexican inmates--forever.

Can Orly and Cami's civil marriage be annulled? Angie is a terminal enabler and always chooses egomaniacal and emotionally unavailable guys to get involved with.

The burning question of the episode: Did Carloca have to clean up the broken vase herself? I wonder how long it's been since she had to clean up anything by herself since in her words she had the "India ladina" (Indian slave), named Rufi, doing it for her.

Dona Gringuita
 

Hilarious recap Maggie! Great! I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to comment much but I check in to see what people are saying.

I hope Don E knows what he is doing - it does seem like he is somewhat attracted to her, her complexity and darkness, I think. Last night it seemed like he wanted to teach her, show her how she ended up alone. But I'm sure he is committed to bringing her down. What is with Carloca kissing her abogados?

I wasn't surprised at Angelica since she has been in love with Orly for a long time. I was more surprised at him - shows how much he actually loves Camilla.

The scene with Pal and the 2 grandmothers was pretty funny - both of them continuing to give conflicting advice!
 

Juanita ITA with when this novela ends i'm going to check out Maite's new novela to see if i'll like it or not.It's going to be hard to top ENDA though.

As for CS their promos are too much and i repeat they never promoted Sortilegio or MEPS like that at all, i change the channel during the commercial break and it seem like they were giving it 3 minutes of promoting it. ENDA has another commercial break here's another CS promo then a regular commercial and another CS promo again before going back to ENDA too much this novela must really be awful as a lot of people said on esmas.com about it.


Mind you this is only in the 7:00 time period i don't even watch Hasta Dinero so i can just imagine how much promoting of it they were doing in that hour.
 

Excellent recap Maggie. I do believe you will be on the medal stand, too. :)

Is Eugenio changing from Eugenius to EuJustLikeAlltheGuys? You would have to think he will pull away? He has always been somewhat attracted to her. If he leaves her high and dry tonight, I think it may make her really start to hate him and make her go after Gabe to get even.

So that was it with Sammy? Hope we are done with him now.

Liked old Germy lying to Eugenio, yeah, yeah, that's it. My father bought it for me. More growing up needed for German.
 

I think Mi Pecado doesn't look too bad. I think it looks ENDA like. Also, I'm almost thinking when Mi Pecado starts, they'll switch it with Hasta..Dinero and move Hasta..Dinero back to the early time where I think it belongs. Just my guess.
 

Anonymous, I too was waiting for Macarena to appear when Carlota was having her meltdown. I was thinking that she'd go nuts and that aparitions of all those she killed would come back to torment her. Oh well.

What was more terrifying was seeing her lock lips with Eugenio. Not fair. How come that bad girls always get the popular guys?

~Caborita
 

Maggie, this was one of your best recaps ever and that is really saying something. Get-Real del Monte. Madeleine getting her philosophical gems from email forwards. Etc. Brilliant.

Carloca actually cleaned up the smashed vase herself?! No puede ser! The potted plants around the fountain also disappeared between her fit and the scene where she called Eugenio. Did she smash those and then clean them up, also?

Paloma should definitely marry Gabe the Babe, even if he does draw nekkid sketches while talking about her. He won't last long, and she may as well have some fun before she settles down for a dull life with Mr. Mopey.
 

Caborita, I think the bad girls get the hot guys because they go for it. In telenovelas, the good girls will hardly ever make a move, and the men just don't seem to have use of the word "no".
 

Anon, those endless CS promos were driving me batty last night too. I tuned in at 9 pm EST and gave it a try but I don't know, something just wasn't clicking for me. Maybe I got burned out with the promos which, I'm sorry, just made not want to watch even more. I actually had fun watching Pasion, and for some reason, CS looks more like a poor copycat. I may keep reading the recaps and then give it a try once it has settled in.

So thankful ENDA is still on for a few more weeks. It's really rocking now and has been pretty fun to watch.
 

Yikes what was with people last night. Those disgusting kissing scenes make me almost lose my dinner (which I was trying to eat at the same time). Looks like dull Camila has picked another cheating dud. And what kind of "friend" and psychologist is Angie anyway - go out and get sloppy drunk and neck in a hotel hall way with your friends new hubby. Yuck.

There isn't an actress worth her salt that wouldn't have wanted that Carloca Loses It scene last night and only a few who could have pulled it off like Lety did. Brava! I too was hoping Macarena's ghost would come back and laugh at her.

One things bugs me. All the time that Em was running into the clotheless wonder at that swank hotel, it looked like the Ritz. Now Maddie with bucket loads of money is staying at a hotel and brings the rest of the family with her and the room likes like a Motel 6. Paloma's now is gonna get more advice then ever with the dueling abuelas.

I'm fast losing my respect for Gabe the Needy. He knows he is not long for this world, knows how many times Paloma's has been hurt by the death of people around her but he proposes anyway. Jeeze for someone who is supposed to be so sensitive he doesn't seem to give a care that she will be left all alone, just goes around mouthing platitudes like "Live each day at a time". I guess Maddy is kind of pushing it because she has probably known him since he was a child but she should know better as well.

That scene with germs and his father was a little off. I had the impression in the beginning that there was some money in the family so Don E saying his father couldn't afford the red number was strange. Is he investigating German as well. And why didn't the wimp just tell the truth and also tell him he hasn't been back to him because of the revelation about his baby. Some of these people make it hard to care about them.
 

Wonderful recap and comments! My DVR didn't record last nights show,so glad you are there to keep me up to date.
Does anyone know what episode it was so I can watch it on youtube? Also, is there a place besides youtube to watch past episodes?

thanks!
elle
 

Maggie, you are SUCH a pro! Your title had me roaring with laughter before I even read the recap.

Lots of reveals last night: Carloca diluting Macarena's insulin and Diana collaborating with Romeana to get into Em's bed. It sounded like they were hinting she was already pregnant when she did that. Does anyone remember if that was the case? It seems to me like she still didn't know because she figured it out waaaay late, pretty much too late for an abortion.

I'm sure Eugenio isn't going to get fooled by Carloca, but he is attracted to her and, like most men, won't push away an attractive woman no matter how much he knows about her!

Well last night sealed Orly's fate. He and Camila are NOT going to end up together. I kept expecting him to pull away guiltily after the kiss, but no. His deep love for Camila is pretty thin stuff.
 

Romina may have already been pregnant when she hopped in drunko Emo's bed (we figured all this out once but I don't remember, actually I don't think she was), but she definitely didn't know about the pregnancy until much later, when she was already in the second trimester. After she tried to get an abortion and couldn't until it was too late, Aaron reminded her she had supposedly been with Emo and could use that to her advantage.
 

Orly is an idiot. Not just the thing with Not-So-Angelic, but still not getting that Camila isn't just going to fall in line if he forges ahead making plans for both of them without asking her.

And that whole thing about the baby? If you need a mutual grandchild to keep you connected to your wife, you're doing it wrong.
 

Maggie, thank you for giving me such a good laugh on this ugly, gloomy day.

"Ethics lite" is right on the spot for Orlando. He and his ugly side burns annoy me more and more. I hope this whole nonsense with him and Camila ends soon and we will get a few episodes with Cami and Rafa together.
 

Another thing Orly will have to figure out, even if he ends up with Angie, he will still have to talk and work things out with her if he decides he wants to move somewhere else. She isn't going to want him making all of the decisions for her either. :)
 

Thanks, Julia, for confirming what I thought: that Ro didn't jump into the sack with Em because she thought she was pregnant. Now it's coming back to me. I think she got pregnant in Mexico City in the hotel with Germs, because they made a point of saying they didn't have condoms. And that happened much later than Em's noche de borrachera.
 

Interesting thing about Angie the not so angelic. She seems to have a taste for married men. She had an affair with Dario who was married and now seems to have no problem with jumping in the sack with Orly. I hope we don't get saddled with one of those awkward we shouldn't have done this scenes. Also Orly should be very careful about letting her answer his phone. After all she is the one who "accidentally" dropped the Houston bomb on Camila. I wonder who will tell Cam or if she will find out by mistake or won't give a hoot either way since she married a man she didn't really love..
 

If you go back to when RoMeMe was taken to hospital because of the baby, and she was in the room with Paloma the Dr. and nurse. The doctor ask RoMeMe how far along was she, she lied and said eight months but he said that can't be right.

She kept insisting it was eight months to maintain her lie, even Paloma was looking at her like she thought she was lying.

When the Dr.B and the other guy came out and told everyone that the baby was premature,Emoon knew that but still wasn't 100% sure the baby was his.He told Rafael what he suspected and that's when Rafael told him to get the DNA test done so he would know once and for all.

Camila knew right away when she was talking to Dr.B that the baby was German's. Dr.B from talking to Camila and remembering his past conversations with German put two and two together.

He wanted German to take the test to prove he was the father but German so full of himself didn't want to jeopardize his future by having it revealed he was RoMeMe's baby daddy.

Caborita i was expecting the ghosts of Carloca past victims to appear also but i really thought when she was laying in the exact same spot that Mac laid in after she pushed her from the second story landing her ghosts would appear for sure. I was so disappointed.

Daisynjay it was like we were seeing two different novela in the 7:00pm timeslot, lets hope since CS finally has started that they chill on these promos.
 

Caborita, Anon, Decie.. Now that your bring up the idea of ghosts, I guess I didn't expect any. But, I should have. Earlier, there were a couple of times that Carloca had visions of the ones she murdered. Can't remember who now, Mac and Inaki? Arcadia? Anyway, at that time, I thought that Carloca would be periodically visited by ghosts, but.. no such luck! Just never happened. Forgot all about thinking that was going to happen until you brought it again. It would be great if they would start to show up here at the end. Arise all ye ghosts and haunt the purple one. :)
 

Iñaki haunted Carloca while she was at the hotel in Mexico City (harassing his dad). Come to think of it, she was drinking on that trip, too (we do not buy your claims that you haven't had a drink in years, crazy one!). So maybe tonight she'll see more booze-enabled apparitions.
 

Jeff i was really creeped out by Leticia performance add the background music was like some you heard in a horror movie.


That's why i was expecting the appearance of at least one ghost mainly her sister when she kept crying she didn't want to be alone. I so wanted Mac's ghost to appear and tell her you're never going to be alone. I am here along with the other people you have killed, we will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Maybe they will save that for the end, her going stark raving mad from the ghosts haunting her from her victims she has killed. Carloca trying to run away from falls to her death like Macarena.:)

Now that's a ending i can live with for her.
 

Heck Julia the crazy one was drinking some of the vino in her bedroom sometimes before thinking up new plots to hurt and control Paloma.

She was even drinking some of the Grapes of Wrath in his office on occasion, when is a habitual liar like La Loca is it becomes second nature to them. But i did LOL when she told Eugenio that lie.

Didn't have some wine when they went out to lunch together too?
 

Julia.. There's drinking and there's drinking I guess. When she was out with Eugenio that time, she was drinking wine(?) at the table. So definitely some kind of drinking from time to time. Besides Inaki, she had another vision, too. Probably Mac?

Anon, that's a good way for her to go. Perhaps gets paralyzed and has to sit in a wheel chair or bed for the rest of her life with doves (palomas) cooing outside her window. :) Your idea is similar to Rsk's idea the other day. That was good: "Carloca has been so evil I cannot imagine a fitting end for her. I had thought about her being attacked by doves like in the Hitchcock movie and then jumping through a very high window to get away from them. That is really almost too good for her."
 

Maybe while the doves attack Carloca's hair, a little pack of Westies could attach themselves to her ankles causing her to lose her balance and tumble through that high window. But the Westies are saved.

Thanks for the terrific recap, Maggie, and thanks to Anon and Debbie as well. I've been busy with taxes but am lurking here. I have CCs in Spanish, finally, but unless the music is on or the sound is bad, I prefer just listening. Otherwise, my eyes are glued to the bottom of the screen and I miss a lot...like the naked tush Gabe "no pressure" was drawing.

GinCA
 

Oops, Yorkies not Westies.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder