Friday, March 05, 2010

Corazon Salvaje March 4, 2010 Hey, I'm no Gentleman--No Really--I'm Not

From yesterday:

Rod is talking to Aimee and Regina. Regina says she wants to marry for LUUUUVVVVV.

Gab and Juan are talking. I didn’t catch the first part but Rodrigo Montes de Oca is going to pay for everything.

Back to Rod and the girls--Someone in this family died because of love. The girls want to know who he is talking about. He stares off into space.

Maria is talking to her “baby” and screaming for Juan de Dios. FF>>

Today
Gabriel asks Juan to forgive his impertiennce but he thinks they should think about business. He tells Juan that he is out for vengence. Ah, Grasshopper, you are very observant. He says yes, it is my obsession. But right now I’m focused on something else. A woman. Her name is Aimee. Gabe comes up with the idea they can check the captain’s book for her last name. Gabe scampers off.

Aimee is begging her father to tell them the story. He has nothing more to say. Party pooper. He stomps out. Aimee thinks it is funny. Regina is overcome with curiosity. Who could have died for love? Who could it be? Aimee can’t belive that Regina would die for love. Ah but she knows passion. But she wouldn’t die for love. Regina thinks about Renato.

Speak of the devil, we beam over to Finca del Mar and Renato is talking to Noel. He is questioning his dad about Juan that showed up at the house. Why don’t you answer my questions? Leo looks up all smug at Noel. The story of Juan and the family is a long and tragic story. Leo jumps up and starts screaming that Juan is a bastard and not just any bastard but Noel’s bastard. Noel looks at her like Que the Hell! Renato looks confused. Leo is playing it up. Tell your son the truth. Noel grows a set and throws a chair and gets all up in her face. YOU know the real story. What is the real story? Lots of yelling and Leo leans on Renato for support. Renato still looks confused. Juan is your child My half brother?

Back to Juan and Gabriel. He’s brought the book and Gabe wants to look for her name. He starts to read and Juan closes the book and says no. He doesn’t want anyone to know that he’s the MAN. He says this woman will be mine. She is mine.

Juan is pacing the deck. FF>>

Aimee and Regina are in the cabin. Aimee is looking for something and says on no she needs Prissy to do her a big favor (I’m sure that you guys aren’t really paying attention at this point because you are wondering if the puppies are going to get out of the cage. I’m wondering how much super glue it took to keep them contained.) She has to help her otherwise it will be a big tragedy. Yeah, whatever.

Back to Juan on the deck. He is pacing then strides off with purpose. At the same time Regina comes up on deck. It is windy and cold and Regina is wondering why she always does stuff to help Aimee. I’m wondering that too actually.

Meanwhile back in the warm and not windy cabin Aimee is reclining on the bed remembering the kisses and touches of Juan Del Diablo. She is practically purring like a kitten. Juan Del Diablo opens the door and comes in. Aimee sits up in bed. He tells her he knows her name. She stutters something and he says that you need to understand me. I didn’t want to love you. You were looking for me. She wants to know what he is accusing her of. He says something and grabs her. She looks like she is enjoying it. He touches her face and says she is the type of woman that men like him are looking for. He pushes her away. He comes back. You are my woman. Do you understand? She turns away and walks off. Oh yes, I understand. You are a savage. You are everything I desire. He looks disgusted and starts to turn away. He grabs her and kisses her hard. Bodice ripping ensues. He grabs her and pushes her down on the bed. He runs his hands over her body. The narrarator is talking-MUTE-shut up already I’m trying to enjoy the moment.

Dumbass Regina is still standing on the deck freezing. If he doesn’t show up I’m leaving. Duh--ya think? FF>>

Back in the cabin. Juan’s locks are flying free and they are both naked. He tells her she is his--only his. The candlelight flickers as they make the beast with two backs. BREAK--Damn!

Back from commercial we are at Finca Del Mar. Renato and Noel are eating breakfast. Renato is still confused and trying to figure out whether Juan is really his father’s son. Noel says of course not. Clemencia looks a little stunned. Noel promises him that when the time comes he will tell him the truth. Renato is going to check on his mom.

Regina is still up on deck looking windblown and is thinking that the savage is not coming. FF>>

Leo is in the bedroom talking to Rosenda--No way, no how do you go in the passageways. Orca (a/k/a Johnny Cash) is the only one allowed to go there. There is a knock on the door. Leo hurridly gets into bed. It is Renato coming to check on her. Leo fakes being sick. What a heifer. Renato begs her to have patience. He needs his father close to him. Oh Hijo. Don’t ask me that. Well, ok, I’ll try. Rosenda listens at the door.
For the great love that I have only for you. ( I think she should have said the great love I have only for you after my love for myself.)
Regina is back at their cabin and comes in. Uh oh--BUSTED. Juan is looking disshelved with his hair all askew. What is going on? She turns on Juan and wants to know who said he could come into a room with two young ladies. Aimee said it was ok. Regina gives her an earful. Juan looks quite handsome as he lounges against the wall. I was waiting for him to make bunny ears over Regina’s head--but sadly no. Juan and I were just talking. She hugs Regina and makes kissy faces behind her back at Juan. Don’t think bad of me. Juan doesn’t want to hang around listening to their conversation so he high-tails it out of there.


Rod is on deck smoking and thinking about Rosi. Magda walks by and he thinks that woman is very mysterious. If he only knew!

Aimee is worried that Regina is going to tell papa. Aimee begs her not to say anything to Papi. Don’t rat me out. What you are doing has very grave consequences. Juan is only fun for me. I’m not serious about him. Regina is just basically pissed off about the whole thing. She stomps out.

Out in the field Johnny Cash is bitching about the workers. Renato warns him if he lays a hand on a worker one more time he’s toast. Renato wants to talk to Remedio. If Arcadio screws up you will be the administrator of Finca Del Mar. Cool!

Clemencia is putting flowers on Rosi’s grave. Two guys are talking to Clemencia. They talk about visitng Juan de Dios’ grave. They tell her they have to accept that she is dead. I feel in my heart that one day he will return.

Juan on the ship. Regina is out pacing and thinking about Aimee and her mess. What should I do to help my sister. She thinks about Renato--my love. Juan sneaks up on her. You are identical yet different. Please sit down. She doesn’t want to have anything to do with him. She smacks him. He grabs her by the hair and acts like he is going to kiss her.

Leo is talking to Clemencia and freaks out when she sees Clemencia wearing a rosary.

Juan teases Regina and laughs at her. I’m not a gentlemen. He calls her St. Regina. You are not a gentleman. You will never be. She drops her necklace. He picks it up--for Regina

Rosi has the keys and is trying to get out again. The mute girl takes the keys. They hear Johnny Cash coming and hide behind the table because I’m sure he would never think to look there.

Back on the ship. Gabriel is in the cabin and Juan walks in. Are you still working? He tells Gabe to go get some rest. Juan looks troubled and Gabe asks him what has happened. He says he is not usually a gentleman. Doesn’t care to be. But tonight for the first time he was a gentleman.

Regina is back in her cabin. She looks in the mirror and remembers Juan trying to kiss her. She wipes her mouth disgustedly.

Juan looks at her locket. He looks sad.

Regina is saying her prayers and realizes her necklace is gone. Oh no! She remembers it was a gift from Renato.

The knife thrower guy is well--throwing knives. He wants Jimena. FF>>

Jimena is reading Aimee’s palm. Then she reads Regina’s. Regina says to stop with this foolishness. Jimena tells her that very soon something will come back to her. Jimena is giddy about the masked ball.

Everyone is getting ready for the masked ball. The “ladies” are throwing water on each other. I’m wondering who is going to clean up that mess.

Jimena is dressed for the ball. She wonders how they get around in these shoes. Amen sister! She looks beautiful. Aimee is showing her how to dance when Rod knocks on the door. I’m wondering where they get all these fancy costumes in the middle of the ocean.

Jimena is trying to walk in her shoes when she trips and Gabriel catches her. How conveeeenient. It’s love at first sight. She tells him she’ll be waiting for him tonight.

Juan spies Jimena and says good evening beautiful lady. He assures her that no one will know who she is. She wants to dance. Nobody will bother you.

Magda is talking to the gay guy and worrying about Rodrigo. She thinks this is a good opportunity for her girls.

Gabriel is in the office--Juan runs in and says let’s go to the party. Federico, wearing a mask that reminds me of Sauron, Lord of Mordor, wants to dance with Regina but she snubs him. Rod orders her to dance with him. She looks bored and not real happy. My favorite costume is Rods. I look at him and it just cracks me up. It’s something in the beak I think. I mean, look at that mask and tell me if you can take anything he says seriously!

Juan and Gabriel show up and he tells Gab to have some fun. Juan spies Aimee across the room. Gab latches on to Jimena. I’m happy waiting for you. She falls down. He gazes into her eyes.

Magda is still hiding.

Juan is looking at the necklace. Rodrigo approaches Magda but Juan runs interference. Change partners. Juan grabs Regina. He gives her back her necklace. She is happy to see it again.

Rod pairs off with Magda. At last we are together. I am Rodrigo Montes de Oca. She says is Madame somebody.

Change partners again. Juan ends up with Aimee. They try to sneak out. Off go the masks and I’m pretty sure the clothes will follow. Rodrigo can’t find Aimee so he goes looking for her--uh oh.

Labels:


Comments:
Morning everybody. Can someone tag this for me. Thanks.
 

Thanks, Connie. I'm not positive, but I don't think Juan juants to be a gentleman. Hair tied back in ponytail = I'm-trying-to-hold-my-inner-savage-back-and-be-a-gentleman...hair flying free = all bets are off. I think that last night's Petticoat Jnction episode was a treat for the male viewers..lots of corsets and lowcut bodices . [word ID = ''TATER''...TIME FOR BREAKFAST]
 

Thanks for the recap Connie. You're some comedian you know. The funniest part of the masked costume ball was when Juan and Gabriel came down the stairs and almost tripped. they reminded me of Batman and Robin. lol. Hey, i loved seeing Aimee's puppies. ;) *Big Grin*.

Am I the only one that finds Rosenda mesmerizing? She's not bad at all. She has even more amunition because she saw Arcadio and Leonarda get it on.

I was wondering how Magda's girls fit in that little tub. Seems you can't move in there. I wonder how many barrels of water they have stored in that ship.

I don't really listen to classical music and opera but I always love hearing 'So spake zarathustra' which was used in 2001 A Space Oddysey. I would not mind dancing the waltz with some of the lovely ladies there.

That and Fur Elise are my favorite Classical music. and Time to say Goodbye by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli and Nessun Dorma by Luciano Pavarotti and a version by Bruce Sledge are my favorite opera songs. 4 in total.

At this point in time, I would like to see Maria del Rosario escape or just die a merciful death. The poor woman has been locked up for decades with Mirta the mute. So sad. :(


Ibarramedia
 

You got that right Mad bess, you got that right! :D :)



Ibarramedia
 

I don't think he does either really. It was just irritating me that he kept saying it.


Please fill in everyone. I was having trouble with DHW (dear hubby wannabe) so I missed some stuff. He was acting like a 5-year old and I was about to give him a timeout.
 

I say jettison his ass Connie. ;)

One more of those Salvador Mejia trademark is that semi fast forward look that he gives out when having aerial shots or just still shots almost like his use of the moon and clouds to mark the passing of time. At least they toned down on the background music playing all the time. In FELS, the used background music 90 % of the time that it was sometimes hard to hear what they were saying.

At least you guys are not employing that old Aimee's lines, Regina's lines stuff. Laff.


Ibarramedia
 

Could anyone take Rodrigo seriously with that bird mask on his face? I couldn't even understand him very well in the first place. All I could think of was Big Bird.
 

Can someone tag this? Thanks.
 

"I was waiting for him to make bunny ears over Regina’s head--but sadly no."

ROTFLOL
Great recap, Connie. :-)
 

Ibarramedia:
"Am I the only one that finds Rosenda mesmerizing?"

No, you aren't. But since I'm a girl, I don't use the word mesmerizing, rather "intriguing" or "charismatic little bitch". :-)

"At least you guys are not employing that old Aimee's lines, Regina's lines stuff"

Ayyy, I loved them. Sofía's lines, Juan's lines, Ruth's lines, Gaby's lines...

Here:
Regina's lines: I love Renato. Renato, Renato, Renato.
Aimée's lines: come and take me, mi salvaje, purr, purr, purr.
Juan's lines: I'm not a gentleman.; Aimée, Aimée, Aimée; I hate the Montes de Locas!
 

You're funny Aribeth. ;)

Rosenda just has that certain
je ne sais quoi.

Ibarramedia
 

Tagged and ready to go. :)

I had to miss this last night but I might have to pull it up on the DVR to see these ridiculous masks...
 

Thanks floresdeazul.
 

Thanks, Connie! Very entertaining as usual. :) especially the bunny ears line.

Aribeth, like the lines and lol at the Rosenda comment!
 

Great recap, Connie. I love your sense of humor.

I could be wrong, but maybe those two guys at Maria del Rosario's tomb were Pedro and Santos, Juan (Sr's) trusted friends from way back?

It was hilarious when Leona recoiled from Clemencia's rosary.

I truly enjoyed the ladies bath time. Very educational.

The piece they were playing from 2001 was the Blue Danube Waltz, by Johann Strauss, written in 1866, so it's appropriate. Also Sprach Zarathustra, the theme they play with the obelisk, was written much later, by Richard Strauss, and would not have been composed at the time of this ocean voyage. BTW, the previews showed them playing Gaite Parisienne, by Jacques Offenbach, also composed around 1866. So if this show is in about 1872, the music is appropriate.

At one point, it was morning or noon in Mexico, but night on the ship in the Atlantic. The ship would only be a few hours later, so this was really not possible.

I loved those masks. How silly can you get!
 

"Dumbass Regina is still standing on the deck freezing." That was the first LOL, gulp on coffee line for me and it just kept up as I read the whole recap. Love how you call a spade a spade, Connie. Thanks for the entertainment.

I think Regina will indeed be a dumbass throughout the story and will keep pulling Aimee's bacon out of the fire.

It was difficult to get the whole "I'm not a gentleman" dialogue and I still do not quite understand his intentions and in-her-face behavior toward Regina. Is he just taunting her? Is he reconsidering being a gentleman so he can be more attractive to her or what? Anyone have an idea about what he's doing regarding Prissy Regina?
 

Thanks for the assist Hombre in clarifying the Blue Danube Waltz. As you can see, Classical music is not my strongest suit. Agree too about the timeline. Nightime on the Ship would be if it was coming from the pacific before crossing the imaginary international dateline and not from the Atlantic.

So if it was morning in Mexico, It should be mid afternoon in the Atlantic ocean. Don't know how far or near they are to Veracruz at that point.


Ibarramedia
 

Cielo de Levy, Ibarramedia: thank you the kind comments! :-))

HGR:
"Anyone have an idea about what he's doing regarding Prissy Regina?"

My theory is that Tarzan's only taunting her. He finds her doe-eyed chaste good girl attitude amusing, he's irritated by her scorn (usted no es un caballero, usted es un salvaje, majadero, animal, etc), and since they're supposed to be the protagonists he already thinks she's intriguing.
But right now he's totally into Aimée (and her certain body members) and he definitely doesn't intend to seduce Regina. He just wants to infuriate the little prudish saint.
 

Meh. He's just trying to go for that 2 for 1 deal with the twins. :D ;)



Ibarramedia
 

Oh, but wait till he finds out that they are daughters of Rodrigo Montes De Oca and he tries to get revenge on their father and his family. Shades of FELS, but with a twist. They are Sort of Related like in MEPs. *** Picture him stabbing the cross on the ground now***


Ibarramedia
 

Reading your recap here at work, I had to keep myself from bursting out laughing! Loved the bunny ears line, that was hilarious!

This is a great comedy - it even looks like they are having fun with that, especially Juan. I, too, was wondering how much water they carry on board that they could have a bath like that.

ITA Juan is intrigued by Regi - he is a little disturbed by her - there was a line a couple of nights ago like that. I think he wants to be considered a gentleman in order to impress her, he was saying for the first time in his life he isn't happy about someone saying he is not a gentleman.
 

Does anyone know the history/significan of characters wearing the Rosary? In Sortilegio the Rosary appeared quite a bit, and now it's making an appearace here. So, what's up?
 

They are Catholics and they can wear that. The rosary that Clementia was wearing is more traditional. I fail to see why Leonarda freaked out about it. I know she is very superstitious but I don't know a superstition involving wearing a rosary.


Ibarramedia
 

I thought maybe the rosary had belonged to Rosi. I'm not sure if I heard that or that was just my impression. Would make sense because of her reaction.
 

Didn't mini-Aimee thought-bubble that mini-Regina and mini-Renato were dumbasses?
 

What is the connection between Juan and Jimena? He treats her almost like a sister.
 

Connie, thanks for the great recap! One thing I can't figure: why did Juan delD. avert his eyes from the passenger list? Did he really not want to know? I realize that he can't know right now, for the purpose of drawing out the plot, what's going on here?

--AgnesNJ
 

Pasofino, I think Vivi gave me a brief of the rosary during Sorti but unfortunately I don't remember when. I looked for info about it online though, and according to one Catholic forum:

"Essentially, sacramentals such as rosaries must be treated with respect, particularly if they have been blessed. Reverence is the attitude of awe or respect that is most often given to sacred things. By its very definition, it is an interior disposition that usually cannot be determined by onlookers by appearances alone. A person may be wearing a rosary as a statement of faith, to keep it handy for praying throughout the day, or to avoid losing it. Those reasons would be indicative of reverence and would not interfere with the canon’s directive that sacramentals must be treated reverently."

The writer continued to say that rosaries shouldn't be worn as just fashion jewelery as some people wear them today.

Beats me why Leo was nervous.
 

Missed your comment, Connie. That would make sense for her to be nervous because it was Rosi's.
 

Connie, I agree - you have a wonderful sense of humor, greatly in evidence here. Terrific recap as well. Thank you.

Ibarramedia, OMG, Gabe is THE perfect Robin to Batman.

I wonder if Clemencia's wearing her rosary around her neck was typical or unusual for the time? Wearing rosaries continues today (i.e. William Levy in Sortilegio). I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it myself perhaps because as I am Catholic, it seems somewhat irreverent. But, to each his own. I would hope that these would connote something deeper than simply making a fashion statement.

Diana
 

Great job Connie. Very funny. I'm with Hombre. The bath scene was very pleasant to watch. I did wonder if in those times if on an ocean voyage like this, would there have been enough fresh water for such luxurious soaks in the tub?

Maybe I was reading too much into it with my somewhat warped thinking, but did anyone notice that when the twins were talking after Juan left the room, that Aimee was on the bed, touched her hand to the sheet, seemed to notice something on the sheet, and then surreptitiously cover it with the top sheet. Was she covering a damp spot, or is my mind in the wrong place? Maybe both?

Carlos
 

Thanks for the great recap Connie!

I thought Juan telling Gabe to close the passenger list was just lame. I mean, if you're really interested in a woman wouldn't you want to know everything about her? I realize that it would mess up the storyline here, but they should have just left that scene out.

Love the references to Batman and Robin! Another thing that made me giggle were the two guys at the crypt with Clemencia. They weren't standing next to each other, they were lined up. The very first thing that popped into my head was "Newhart" and Larry, Daryl and Daryl who always lined up like that!

My biggest gripes with this TN are that the sound is SO bad at times it's hard to hear the dialogue and the scenes on the deck are just cheesy. They look like bad animation.
 

Carlo, I think you read that right, about the damp spot on the sheet. She was v-e-e-ry naughty, our Aimée. I'm not even sure Reggie caught it or would even know what it meant. But whereas, Reg just seems like a slightly comic caricature of a prudish young lady of the period, Aimless is so extremely bawdy that her character is unbelievable. No girl of her station would have behaved or dressed like that.
 

Sorry, I meant Carlos (poor motor skills today)
--
AgnesNJ
 

xlntperuvian , Thsat is another of Mejia's staples. Lining up people right next to each other like in FELS. He had Sofia,Sarita and Jimena lined up right next to each other every time the three of them spoke.




Ibarramedia
 

Aribeth and Ibarramedia, love your ideas re: QTH Juan is doing with Regina. He's taunting her and maybe hoping for a two-fer LOL.
 

Connie:

You are so great at capturing the absurd. As others have said, this line, "Juan looks quite handsome as he lounges against the wall. I was waiting for him to make bunny ears over Regina’s head--but sadly no", was perfect.

Carlos, I caught the possible damp-spot moment, as well. Plus, not to be too graphic about it, in a closed cabin like that wouldn't there still be a strong scent lingering from sexual congress? Perhaps La Virgen de Regina has a sinus infection and didn't grock the tell-tale smell?

What is it about Rosenda that you fellows find appealing? She does have a kind of cute crooked smile.

And didn't the knife thrower have a sand-dollar looking tatoo/scar on his forehead? Is that significant, do you think, or just unfortunate?

Just who IS Jimena?

Ah...the mysteries deepen...
 

I noticed that too Carlos and forgot to put it in the recap. I was kind of like Ewww! What a skank. What if she gets pregnant? Back then all you had to do was look at somebody and they got pregnant I thought!
 

Elan June, Rosenda is sexy and pretty. Jimena is the cute little gypsy girl.



Ibarramedia
 

Oops, I forgot my correct High-Seas name...My last post should have been signed by

Iron Elna O'Velvet
 

If it was real it looked like the scaring that you can intentionally have done. Kind of like a tattoo but with no color. They actually cut it into the skin. I've seen it done on TV and it didn't look very pleasant. On top of the head would be a double ouch.
 

Thanks Connie! I tuned into Jim & Pam's baby last night ont The Office (hilarious) so I missed the puppies et al. You're funnier any way.
Maggarita
 

He either got that by Branding or etching.


Ibarramedia
 

That branding is pretty awful also. I'll stick with tattoos thanks.
 

thank u 4 the recap....I remember my mother watching novelas when i was young and thought how cheesy they were.....how the hispanic women were beautiful but dressed so in the extreme with low cut tops and bright colors and ruffles and bows they had no taste.....how the backgrounds and scenery was cheap too.....now that i am older and watching a few novelas.....nothing has changed........still cheesy....I wonder if it is lack of money or lack of know how on the producers/directors part.....or if that is how they want it to be......Manana/Colunga and Alborada/Colunga were not cheaply made.......BNinCA
 

thank u 4 the recap....I remember my mother watching novelas when i was young and thought how cheesy they were.....how the hispanic women were beautiful but dressed so in the extreme with low cut tops and bright colors and ruffles and bows they had no taste.....how the backgrounds and scenery was cheap too.....now that i am older and watching a few novelas.....nothing has changed........still cheesy....I wonder if it is lack of money or lack of know how on the producers/directors part.....or if that is how they want it to be......Manana/Colunga and Alborada/Colunga were not cheaply made.......BNinCA
 

Sorry for the double post
 

Everybody was saying that Salvador Mejia is some powerful guy at Televisa, yet his budget seems to be low. What is the explanation for this?

Why does Carla Estrada seem to have a bigger budget? Thus having better effects.



Ibarramedia
 

Just back from work. HA Great comments. I, especially enjoyed the new moniker for Slutty ,,,Aimless. How perfect to have Useless from Sortilegio replaced by another-less...Aimless of CS. Carlos~I didn't notice Aimless covering up any ..ah...evidence. I am often not good at picking up details. By 9 pm, I seem to have the attention span of a 5 year old. I was even wondering if Aimless was a virgin because she seemed pretty loose at school. I agree that she is way over the top in her forwardness towards Juan. Aribeth, your explanation of Juan's harrassment of Reggie seems right on the money. Adolescent boys often tease and taunt girls that they like. Juan may be doing the wild thing with the wild twin, but we know that Goodygoody Reggie is his onetruelove , so he has a strong attraction to her . Only a few hours until the games begin.
 

Connie, Cheryl and Kat, thanks to all of you for your fantastic recaps. I'm glad you are having fun with this wacky telenovela; it's wonderful fodder for recapping. I'm still laughing about Juan leaping off the boat after Regina's purse. That is by far the most absurd thing I have ever seen in a telenovela. Even by this show's standards (and I use the term loosely) that scene was deplorably hilarious. Whoever thought of it should get a prize, or a raise, or fired, I can't decide which.

The masked ball...I LOVE masked balls, especially on the high seas. This is good stuff. As Mad Bess says, only a few hours. Until then I console myself with Amor Real.
 

Ahhhh...Amor Real is pure gold. Love it. Manuel does angry so well. Matilde is queen of the hanky , and does anyone do nasty/skanky as well as Antonia? I think not.
 

I agree completely with all of the above. Don't forget Rosario and Long-Suffering. It took me a while to get over Matilde's perpetual sniveling but now I've gotten used to it. I'm enjoying seeing her grow from a spoiled kid into a woman who enjoys thinking for herself. It's character development of the highest order.
 

I don't think Matilde was a spoiled kid. She was a regular good girl of her class. If anyone was a spoiled kid, it was Humberto, Matilde's older brother. That fool lost all the family's money.

Women were discouraged from working back then and her mother was mortified that she worked sewing dresses for other women.

Antonia is charming and sexy. She is nicer than Raquel from Sorti.


Ibarramedia
 

Snarkalicious recap, Connie! I'm getting dizzy with the hide-'n-sneak in all these scenes.
 

Maybe Juan's theme song should be ''I'm No Angel.'' Who sang that ? Was it The Boss ?
 

Connie, that was a wonderful and hilarious recap. Nothing like a little shipboard romance to liven up a long sea voyage. I love clipper ships, but still think they're trying to make La Promesa look like an ocean liner when it's not.
If historical accuracy were a concern, papa Rodrigo would have hired a duenna/chaperon to keep his daughters' behavior in bounds (and outside the purportedly stained sheets).
Are the night caps the girls wear to bed their version of a TN beanie? And are the three escorts/dancers this TN's version of the Bon-Bon Assasin in FELS?
La Paloma
 

Mad Bess, I think it was Greg Allman who sang "I'm No Angel."
La Paloma
 

Yes, it was Gregg Alman who sang I'm No Angel and it definitely could be Juan's theme song. Mad Bess, have you ever seen the Amy Poehler/Josh Brolin SNL skit to that song? It's hilarious.

La Paloma, I agree that La Promesa seems to be having an identity crisis. I'm not a historical boat expert but the aft deck in particular seems to be less clipper ship and more ocean liner as you say.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder