Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gancho 4/22 - Sisterhood is powerful, brotherhood is competitive, and parenthood is dynamic

Todays' show is a real winner if you are a Ximena fan. Please try to watch this one if you are.

Two great things from last night...Gabi finally found out that Salvador is alive and Monita gave her daddy a royal telling off. She really lit into him, how could he abandon Coni? Who gives a cumin what the "proof" looked like? Yes, La Momia has hurt her a lot, but Monita looked into Coni's eyes and believed her, she was set up by Oscar. How could Marcos not believe his own daughter? For shame!

Jero has summoned Hissy to his hospital bedside. She stands there smiling smugly while he throws some feeble threats her way. He knows she got poison from Oscar to kill her daughter, her life is in his hands. (Horizontal dude definitely doesn't know our viper.) He tells her to stop looking at him with lust, he has a weakness for women with strong characters, especially older ones. "Shut up stupid" she warns. She tells him he presents no danger to her and Oscar is dead so he'd better figure out some other way to threaten her.

Jero is stricken, his friend, his teacher, he with the deep voice, dead! A moment of silence please. Hissy sez go to hell, she's off to tell the cops that Jero is awake and ready for jail. Jero tells her he'll keep his big mouth shut about her questionable activities if she helps him get out of the hospital.

OK, I think we are going to have Jarocha's favorite Ximena scene tonight. And who gets to recap it? Yopis!! Xime and Lalu are at the club drinking pink girlie drinks. Lalu accuses her of not wanting to go home as evidenced by the fact she's already had ten Daquiris. (Yikes!!) She staggers a bit then says something weird is going on between Arni and Rolu, they are serious all the time. Oh but she's going to play a trick on them and Estre has been giving her acting lessons. She performs for Lalu. Standing, she flings her hair over her shoulders, assumes a wide stance and scolds her absent husband: "It's simply not done, Rolando, No! A fragile, tender and lovely woman like me, well I have to have a heart of stone so that it will not break. Watch me laugh, hahaha, at your misdeeds Rolando. I LAUGH AT YOUR MISDEEDS!" Gathering a few stares she ends with a mighty "Bwahahaha!" She's fantastic and Lalu claps. Oh how I wish that tonight of all nights I knew how to post a snapshot!

Hissy sighs and tells Jero the Airhead fine, he can count on her. She has contacts and ways to help him. He mentions to her that Aldo knows about the dirty trick she played on Mau and the yummy Estrella. He found out the truth because he overheard her at the Cabaña of Crazy. And be careful because Aldo and Sal can turn into her worst nightmare. Hissy says she'll take care of everything, and when she says everything she means...everything. She stares cooly and ominously at Jero. He has been warned dear readers, but alas he's too silly to know it.

Lalu gives Xime the skinny, that the reason Arni and Rolu are mad all the time is because Arni's in love with Xime. She poo-poohs it away and tells him to stop going out of focus. Lalu keeps pressing, is she really in love with her husband? Actually he calls Rolu her "mareado" (which means nauseous or seasick) instead of her marido, funny stuff. And doesn't she like Arni just a little? She holds up two fingers and sez she's gonna tell him three things. One, Rolu is her greatest love, savage, sexy and dangerous. Two, Arnie is adorable, cute, sweet, she kisses her fingers to prove it. Three, if only they were one single man they would be her absolute ideal! Ruh roh.

The Kranky brothers Klunder are kvetching back at the pad. Apparently Rolu thinks Xime's visiting her brother, oh if he only knew. Arni goes upstairs to make a call with the cordless, but wait, brother Rolu picks up the phone downstairs! Lalu tells Arni that Xime's wasted, can Arni come and get her? Rolu rushes out to get a head start on retrieving HIS woman.

Estre, Aldo and Mau are over at the vecindad waiting for Monita and trying to figure out where she could be. Aldo is anxious that Moni learn the truth about her puppet master mother. Mau calls home, talks to Marcos, and instructs him to detain Monita.

Mientras tanto over at Mau's place the doorbell rings; it's Sal and Gabi! Tere thinks she's seing a ghost. Moni's thrilled. Marcos, very happy that Sal is alive, pays off the cab so I guess they escaped from La Loca. Gabi happily tells the story about thinking Sal was a ghost and Moni nearly knocks him over with a hug. "She hasn't changed much" Sal comments.

Moni tells Sal what Coni said about Isa being present when Sal died. La Momia was wrong, right? No, Isa was there and they had strong words. Moni wants to know everything.

Back at the vecindad Hissy arrives home and phones her daughter. She weeps, "where are you daughter, I feel really bad and I'm afraid I'm dying"; she pushes over a chair so Moni will hear the crash. Friggin' drama queen. Moni dashes out, sprints down the drive and hails a taxi seconds before Mau arrives home.
Things are moving quickly now. Gabi is complimenting Salvador on his cute buns, she could just squeeze them! And Marcos wants to know what brand trousers he wears. Mau comes in hoping to see Monita but is even happier to see Sal. Gabi interrupts the happy reunion to tell Mau that Moni left before they could tell her about Isa. Sal thinks Mau should head right out and intercept Moni because Isa's lies are on the verge of collapse. Mau wisely drags Aldo along for backup.

Gabi compliments Sal's hot buns yet again. Sal, you need to get that girl to a room pronto! And Marcos still wants to know where to get a pair of those bun-hugging pants.

Let's head back over to the club. Xime is doing the shimmy in her seat and enjoying her pink drinks. Lalu says her name and she thinks he's telling her to groan (gime) so she does her best Meg Ryan impression. She gets all amped up, orders a mango margarita, grabs the karaoke menu from the waiter and leaps for the stage, tripping only once on the way up. The lights magically turn on and she says she dedicates this song to auch, el amor.

The music starts and she sings, quite nicely I might add. We hear another beautiful voice, male, and Xime clears her thoat once or twice. What happened to her voice? Suddenly she's joined by Rolu who's got a great set of pipes. Rolu entrances her with his sexy rendition of Dejame and she falls off the stage!..but is caught by a waiter. Dang, I would fall over too if some guy serenaded me like that. Honestly, this scene was very hot. Did I say I hated Rolu? I might change my mind on this one.

Poor Arni pushes his way in but is too late. He looks around, sees that his beloved has eyes only for his brother and he knows he's lost. Lalu notes he's eaten up by jealousy. Arni crushes his glasses and orders a Mango Margarita (Same thing that Xime ordered! Lalu thinks this is a sign.) while his sweet Ximena sways to the dulcet tones of her husband. Poor Arni is stricken.

More racing around, this time it's Moni into the vecindad where she is stopped by Estre, Moni has to listen to her cachorro. Isa stumbles out of the house and begs Moni to take her to the doctor.

Sal reassures Marcos that Coni had nothing to do with his heart attack. Marcos is relieved but ashamed. However Gabi's not so forgiving. She insists that Coni's still "a real gem" (said sarcastically) who kills with her words. Yikes, remind me not to get on Gabi's bad side. Sal says Coni wanted to help him but Oscar stopped her. Still, Gabi says, Coni does horrible things and shouldn't be forgiven so easily. She goes on and on until Sal shushes her and tells Marcos that Coni shouldn't be in jail. Tomorrow morning they'll get her out. (What, they can't get her out tonight?)

Moni and Isa are stopped by Nieves, Beto, and then Mau and Aldo. Mau tells Moni it's very important that she know what Isa did to him and Estrella. Isa faints while Moni flutters. Nieves decides to rain on Isa's parade, grabs a bucket of water and dumps it over the witch. Are we going to take bets on whether she melts or not? What a world, what a world.

Isa jumps up, sodden and bedraggled. I think it's going to be a free for all here folks. Estrella calls her a witch, Mau joins in, Aldo stands in front of them tells Moni she has the right to hear the truth about her ma. When he was trapped at the cabaña he heard Isa tell Oscar herself that she put Mau and Estre nude in Estre's bed as a trap.

Isa tries to cry but they all jump in, "open your eyes, listen to us, see the truth". Moni looks around like a trapped animal and focuses on her ma. How could she do it? Estrella was her best friend and Mau was the love of her life. Isa says if she prefers to believe all these people rather than her own mother then she'll go to the hospital by herself; and if she dies then God forgive Moni for treating her mother like this.

Stares all around and Moni runs after her mother. Moni says she wants to help but Isa pushes her away. Nieves tells Isa not to play the martyr. Lies all lies insists Isa as she drives off. Moni is frantic and the eternally faithful Mau volunteers to drive in pursuit. Those who remain behind gripe about Isa and hope that Mau and Monita will finally get back togehter. Nieves predicts that one by one Isabel's lies will fall out, they'll see.

Over at the club Rolu has finished his song and Xime collapses in his arms, more drunk than swoony I'll wager. They kiss passionately and Arni orders another Mango margarita. However Lalu insists that Rolu doesn't deserve her. (Cut to Xime and Rolu kissing passionately). He says if Darleenk loves her he should fight for her! Lalu pushes Arnie up on stage so he can sing a song. Oh dear.

Xime introduces him and Rolu says he's ridiculous and can't sing. "Oh yeah" challenges Arni?

"Why Mau, Why" our poor little monkey weeps. Mau says Isa knew exactly what she was doing. Moni thought bubbles back to when Isa was persistently indignant that Mau and Estre had betrayed Moni. Moni starts gasping and orders Mau to pull over. She gets out and staggers onto the sidewalk. Mau follows her and for once gives her space, unsure how to handle her grief, and with that she falls into his arms.

It's Arni's turn to sing; alas he's not as good as Rolu but Xime simply loves it. In fact, she exclaims that she can't believe that Arni is as good as Rolu!.. (She points at Lalu who redirects her.) ..."As you Rolu!" she says. Lalu pipes up "better in fact". The former scaredy cat certainly gives it all he's got, I'll give him that. Xime takes off her glasses and looks at him with a new eye, sighs, nay swoons, and gives him a standing ovation. Folks, our Ximena has had a hell of a night.

Moni and Mau are at the hospital and she can't believe her ma's been lying to her all this time. "My mom doesn't love me, why?" More blubbering which Mau eases with a big hug. He may be a dummy but the guy gives good hugs.

Speaking of dummies, Jero, amusing himself by counting his heartbeats, is joined by Isa. She says she'll help him but he's got to do something for her too.

And with that I pass the baton to the Man of Mystery.


Mañana: El Gran Final will be Lunes 3, and promises emociones, intrigas, secretos, gasps!


Vocab:
A punto de venirse abajo = on the point of collapse (Isa's lies)
Dar la espalda = to turn one's back on someone (what Marcos did to Coni)
Gime = groans (what Xime thought Lalu was telling her to do)
Marca = brand, trademark (Marcos wants to copy Sal)
Mareado/a = nauseous, seasick, dizzy
Pompis = buns, as in buttocks (Marcos is jealous of Sal's)
Que pena! = How sad! For shame! (what Moni said to Marcos)
Sabrosa/o = yummy, tasty (how Jero described Estrella)
Ser una perita en dulce = a real gem, meant sarcastically, Gabi has called Coni this before (Lit. to be a pear in syrup)


Dicho:
Encontrar la horma de su zapato- To meet one's match (Lit. to find the form of your shoe) Has Isa finally met hers in her daughter? We'll see...

Grammar fun:
I noticed in this episode there was a lot of "finding out" going on, and they used the verb "saber" which typically means "to know (a fact)". However when used in its preterite tense then "I know" becomes "I found out". In other words, the meaning of the verb changes when used in a different tense. So how do you say "I knew"? Easy, you just use the other past tense, the imperfect, if you want to say "I knew". Here's how it goes...
Present:
Yo sé que mi madre es una vibora. = I know that my mother is a viper.
Preterite:
Supe que mi madre es una vibora. = I found out that my mother is a viper.
Imperfect :
Sabía que mi madre es una vibora. = I knew that my mother is a viper.

There are other verbs that also change meaning when used in their past tense. Maybe we will come across some of these later.

Labels:


Comments:
"(What, they can't get her out tonight?)"

Sylvia, I shouted those very words out loud at the TV. Jeez!

What a wonderful episode followed by an equally marvelous recap. Throughout, I was thinking, "Sylvia must be lovin' this." Clearly you were. Some really nifty phrases. I'll just mention one, leaving an abundance of others for the rest to gush over.

"Isa faints while Moni flutters"

Smooth as a fine single malt.

I'm glad (if only for today) that:

"Did I say I hated Rolu? I might change my mind on this one."

I still contend that he and Ximy are meant for each other. Have I ever pointed out that he's even permanently labeled as hers? I must admit, Arnie put forth a valiant effort effort. Way to go Germ Boy!

If I were ever on trial, I sure wouldn't want Gabi on the jury. Gee, she's brutal.

Nieves won my applause with the bucket as well as a shout out from the Lovely Linda who was wondering what could be so dang funny.

At a point where most TNs would be limping toward a well deserved and welcome finish, this show just keeps glowing brighter.

Well done!

Carlos
 

Sylvia,

Thanks for a great recap. Your title really summed it up. I loved Moni standing up for Coni and giving it to Marcos

"Horizontal dude definitely doesn't know our viper." "Jero the airhead" "He has been warned dear readers, but alas he is too silly to know it." "The dranky brothers Klunder are kvetching" I love your style.

I'm almost caught up from the time away and I can't wait to see this episode. So much Xime. I'll be in heaven. (Will I too be tempted to switch from Arni to Rolu when I hear him sing??)

Last night there was talk of where to go when this show is over. I have to vote for Dinero. It's got the same light hearted feel and some good ensemble casting. At first I was turned off by some of the over the top characters but they are starting to be fleshed out now & I am hooked. The chemistry between Alejandra & Rafael is wonderful and there is a kind of Juan Querendon tug and pull. They are in love and know it but circumstances will keep them apart for 200 episodes or so -- while they are occasionally thrown together for incredibly touching and romantic moments that will remind us all of why we love them. I didn't like it at all at first but I got drawn in.

Güera
 

Thanks Carlos and Guera. You two are very sweet and I appreciate your kind words. I really had a hard day at work today and the recap was my meditative breath of fresh air.

I was incredibly jealous of Ximena tonight. Just imagine, not one but TWO men in love and serenading her. I'll admit I'm a huge sap for a song. That's how my honey of 20+ years reeled me in...sitting on a beach in Fiji on a balmy night, listening to the waves lap the shore, my head on his shoulders watching the stars. He must have been inspired because he started singing "Fire" by Bruce Springsteen. I couldn't have cared less that he absolutely could not carry a tune. He knew the words and the sentiment was there. So you see Arni, if someone really loves you then the effort is what counts.

Gee Carlos, smooth as a single malt? I'm flattered! I'm not a scotch drinker but I do have a nice bottle of cognac that's gathering dust. I might have to treat myself to a drop.

Guera, not sure which TN I'll glom onto after this one. I like the previews of Hasta but I usually go with the 7:00 one because the time is easier for me. I did love Juan Querendon though...

Go Sharks!!! (fingers crossed)
 

Sylvia, thanks for the recap and wonderful title.

You had many fun lines and "The Kranky brothers Klunder are kvetching" was my personal favorite. And your comments about the stupidity of Jero in his ill-fated (I'm guessing as have any of his plans every come to fruition?) union with Issy were spot on and amusing.

I thought the actress playing Moni was great as she become overwhelmed with the truth about her mother. It seemed as though she was going to get sick in the car...Pobrecita.

It will be interesting to see who Xime chooses. I want to like Rolu but he can be mean (like Jero) and unfaithful. However, I'm not sure about Arnie either...
 

Oh Sylvia...fabulous episode and fabulous recap to go with it. Folks have already mentionned my favorite lines but I do want to thank you for recreating that absolutely marvelous, hawt hawt hawt scene of Rolu crooning to Xime. Lordy, that man was irresistable when he was singing to her. I'm surprised the fire alarm didn't go off in my house. Sizzzlean baby.

Are we going to be looking at a "ménage à trois" for our Xime? Since she DOES live in an alternate universe, this would certainly be possible.With maybe a little Lalu thrown in to round out the corners.

Now you know me...perhaps my favorite part of your fine" smooth as a single malt" recap was the excellent vocabulary list and dichos. If there are lurkers wanting to learn Spanish on this site, please speak up and give Sylvia a special thanks! I sure do.
 

Sylvia, beautifully written with humor and intelligence. Once again, you've shone brightly. Your vocabulary and dicho were wonderful.

In addition to what's been noted, "Are we going to take bets on whether she melts or not" and "speaking of dummies" were great fun.

I'm sorry you had a hard day at work. Thank you for sharing your own personal love story which was very touching. I wish you continuing warm balmy nights and great romance.

I fear Isabel probably still has a few tricks up her sleeve and will make life miserable right up til the end (which will likely be her end).

Ximena has the right idea that the perfect man (for her) would be a cross between Arni and Rolu. If Judy's possible scenario of "a "ménage à trois"...Since she DOES live in an alternate universe...With maybe a little Lalu thrown in to round out the corners" (excellent) doesn't come to pass, I still think Rolu is a better match.

Carlos, you're right. This still has a full head of steam and is chugging right along. I haven't looked forward to the last few epiosdes of anything since Querida days (which many of us here were there for).

Who will "give a cumin" when this ends? Me! Ack. I'm still in denial.

Diana
 

I just remembered that there was a fun little grammar thing that I noticed in last night's episode. I added it to the end of the recap but here it is:

Grammar fun:
I noticed in this episode there was a lot of "finding out" going on, and they used the verb "saber" which typically means "to know (a fact)". However when used in its preterite tense then "I know" becomes "I found out". In other words, the meaning of the verb changes when used in a different tense. So how do you say "I knew"? Easy, you just use the other past tense, the imperfect, if you want to say "I knew". Here's how it goes...
Present:
Yo sé que mi madre es una vibora. = I know that my mother is a viper.
Preterite:
Supe que mi madre es una vibora. = I found out that my mother is a viper.
Imperfect :
Sabía que mi madre es una vibora. = I knew that my mother is a viper.

There are other verbs that also change meaning when used in their past tense. Maybe we will come across some of these later.
 

Good grammar lesson Sylvia! Thanks. I remember a book I looked at early on which gave hints for remembering the funny preterit forms for some verbs....

"soupy" for supe
"kissy" for quise
pussy (watch out) for puse
vino as in wine for the preterit of venir

really helped in the early days when all was chaos and confusion trying to lay down the tracks of a new language
 

Hahaha!! Judy those are great. I certainly will be careful with one or two of those. Thanks amiga.
 

Sylvia, thanks for a dynamic recap, that flew by, carrying us all for a ride! You recreated all the action, as Mau and Aldo rushed to catch Moni, and Isabel rushed to keep one step ahead of them. Great grammar lesson, too.

When Lalu said "gime" and Ximena started to moan, I looked it up, too. Never realized before that her name sounds like that tense of the verb gemir.

Jerry sure is dumb, trusting Isabel. And it's frustrating for us that he gives her so much info, it helps her keep up her act. But as you said in the vocab, her lies are a punto de venirse abajo.

I'll join those who think Ximena should keep BOTH guys, if that's possible. That could even be the premise of a new show, a spinoff, called Casada con dos hermanos".
 

What a world; what an episode; what a recap. It was a whirlwind.

Rolu's serenade was smokin'. He would have had me just with the singing, but also dressed in black? I have such a weakness for a handsome man in black. However, had he decided to ditch the shirt in favor of showing off his tattoos, I would also have accepted that :).

Methinks Marcos is a bit smitten with/jealous of Salvador. Not only he he grateful that he's alive and his daughter is not a murderer, but he also sees that Sal is so beloved by everyone, including his unconflicted Gabi. Plus he wears pants to their best advantage!
 

Dear Gancholandia:

I nominate the Cap'n for Doctorate of Philosophy in Recapping. Sylvia, your thesis advisers, the community of Gancholandia, have conferred and agree that this, your penultimate recap for Gancho is one of your finest to date.

What a great recap, perfect in tone and title.

Yes, I vote for Xime having two men. the spin off that Hombre suggested. Hombre's title was great, a sort of 'Big Love, Mexican Style'.

Julia, good call on Marcos' reaction to Sal. Alpha dogs are just not that comfortable hearing the praise of others. Plus it is a good thing Marcos is a major shareholder in the company. Sal is back and we know who really ran things at Grupo Semeño.

Wishing you all a fine spring day.
 

I am so going to miss this show. As someone said it is amazing that they still have us churning along so close to the end.

Yes, Rolu was superhot in his black and his voice was wonderful. The two together sizzled. I have been pulling for Arni all along. He seems to be a soulmate-- as in mango margarita -- but he's going to need some heavy moves to equal the sexiness of Rolu. I almost switched sides.

What great acting and writing in this show. I'm going to miss it and all of you.

Güera
 

Thanks alot for the recaps! I had a question tho, what is the name of the song that Rolu sang to Jime and the name of the song that Arni sang to Jime???
 

Hombre,

Sign me up to recap Mon. nights of Casada con Dos Hermanos and porfi, hire some decent capcionistas.

I would love to see Rolu and Ximy sing a duet together. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit that those two have chemistry.

I confess that all this time, I have underestimated Monita's acting skills. I considered her cute and adequate, but after the last couple of days I'm a believer. She is not only pleasant to look at, she actually has talent. Very powerful and convincing.

Isn't it a treat hearing Marcos speak Spanish? Now that is how it's done. The younger actors could learn from him.

For anyone who missed this delightful episode here is a ticket.

Carlos
 

Thanks for another great recap Cap'n, it was smooth sailing.

Didn't get here til late yesterday, missed a busy day.

It doesn't look like Jero knows just how dangerous Hissy is. But, then she may be less dangerous as her main venom supplier has went to meet their maker. :)

Xime having both brothers would be a possibility. They each would fulfill different needs. Trouble with Rolu is you just know he would stray. But then, who really knows what Xime would do, she is in her own world. :) I think I liked Arnie's singing better. Arnie is the man, he had a mango daiquiri, too.

Estrella, Gabi, Tere think Sal is a ghost, but our little monkey knew right off the bat that Sal esta vivo. No ghost for her.

Tomorrow is early enough to get Coni out of jail. A little time there won't hurt her.. too much. :)
Boy, Gabi didn't want to cut Coni any slack. Good think Sal had Coni's back.

At least it looks like Moni is coming around. Question really is, why would her mother do that. We don't really have a good idea either.

"Friggin' drama queen," indeed. Wow, Hissy moved fast when she got home. Sal didn't get the chance to finish his tale.

"Sal, you need to get that girl to a room pronto!" Been quite awhile for both of them. Never thought of it until someone mentioned it in yesterday's comments, when did Sal last brush his teeth? Somehow doesn't seem like something that would have happened too often, but then maybe Loriloca was taking really good care of him and doing it for him?
Speaking of Loriloca, where is she now??

Loved the Grammar fun.
Sabíamos que Isabel era una víbora.

So Gancho ends on a Monday. No 2 hour days.
 

I bet either Loriloca or Nice Nurse was brushing Sal's teeth. Probably even flossing.

That was one thing about Oski (may he not rest in peace), he did run a clean Hostile Hostel. Everyone always looked really well groomed and had fresh new clothes all the time.
 

Julia,

Yes. After all all, someone kept his wig well-groomed and well-positioned. I'm sure that Loriloca treated him like a doll and Nice Nurse was very attentive as well.

Carlos
 

Yes Jeff, Arnie had a little Jacques Brel thing going there. I liked his song too.

Güëra
 

Great recap Sylvia! You did more than justice to this episode. I love, love, love Ximena's scenes here. Especially the one with Rolu, sigh.


I felt bad for Moni when she finally realized her mother had schemed against her. She put her above everybody and ended up dissapointed.

About the songs that were sung by Rolu and Arnie:

I can't find Rolu's song. There was a whole line in the Esmas forums last year trying to find it without any luck. I think it was written by Alex Sirvent (the actor playing Rolu) but I have no idea were to get it.

Arnie's song was "No Se Murio El Amor". A beautiful song, but an odd choice for him since it's about a couple being together for a while and still loving each other more every day in spite of their own faults. Parts of it remind me more of Xime and Rolu, maybe because there's a line about how in a perfect love there's always accidents to make it beautiful, heh.

Here's the song.

And the lyrics:

No se murió el amor
aunque no siempre resulta facil vivirlo a diario
no se murió el amor todavia

La suma de los dos
las ilusiones la fantasia
el hambre de seguir continua

Mas que ayer y menos que mañana menos
cada vez mas fuerte cada vez mas dentro

El hierro y el iman
granos de arena
gotas de lluvia
globos de espuma
mitades de un total matematico

Siempre queda un angulo
un rincón inédito
que conduce al éxtasis
en el cuerpo a cuerpo...

No se murió el amor
muy al contrario sigue avivando el deseo a diario
sin descansar jamas, sin desfallecer
ninguno de los dos
somos perfectos
tenemos vicios
hacemos trampas
mentimos porque si
por vanidad...

Igual que el campo da
mejores frutos despues del fuego nacen las flores,
tras de la tempestad brilla mas el sol
En la geografia
de un amor perfecto
siempre hay accidentes que lo hacen bello

No se murió el amor
granos de arena
gotas de lluvia
globos de espuma
mitades de un total
tal para cual
No se murió el amor.


Jarocha
 

Jarocha,

Thanks for those lyrics. Like Sylvia and surely everyone else here at Club Gancho, I guessed immediately that this was the scene with Ximena that you mentioned earlier. It was stunning, causing goose flesh and even coaxing a tear. I think that you, or perhaps someone else who had said that Alex Sirvent is a singer. He's quite good.

Carlos
 

TGIF!! Thanks for the fun comments everyone. Sign me up for the Rolu/Xime/Arni novela.

Jarocha, thank you for posting Arni's song. I couldn't find it. But I think this is Rolu's song, I found it one of the sites that you must have been referring to:

Cuento los momentos cuento las palabras
que no pude decirte todo aquello que tú esperabas de mi,
me carcome ahora el arrepentimiento
y me quedo tan solo al darme cuenta como un tonto desmedido cuanto te hice llorar.
sin embargo el orgullo pudo más

dejame tan solo devolverte el tiempo quiero enmendar todo este sufrimiento
dejame tan solo suplicarte a besos quiero demostrate que sin ti me muero
dejame tan solo destruir los miedos que yo provoque con esos tontos celos
dejame de a poco ganar tú sonrisa y reconquistar de a poco tus caricias

que difícil enfrentarme ahora en el espejo y con una sonrisa
y le va dando al mundo sufrimiento cada que preguntan por ti
sin embargo el orgullo pudo mas

dejame tan solo devolverte el tiempo quiero enmendar todo este sufrimiento
dejame tan solo suplicarte a besos quiero demostrate que sin ti me muero
dejame tan solo destruir los miedos que yo provoque con esos tontos celos
dejame de a poco ganar tu sonrisa y reconquistar de a poco tus caricias

En el silencio de la noche trato de ser fuerte no consigo
 

Jarocha, thanks for posting that. I think it is NO FAIR how sometimes they have really good songs in telenovelas that you can't find anywhere. In Cuidado there was a beautiful song sung by Maya Mishalska which according to the internet did not exist. Eventually I found it on YouTube but that was it.

Someone needs to release these! I wonder who owns the rights, the artist or Televisa since it's for the show. I would think the artists would retain rights.
 

I couldn't find Rolu's song on youtube. I looked but had no success. Admittedly I only looked for about 5 minutes which is my attention span.
 

Alex was in a popular boy band from the 90's called Mercurio from, I think, around 1994 to 2001 or 2002. They were HUGE in latinamerica, like Backstreet Boys type of popularity. Mike Biaggio (Christian) was part of the group in the last 2 or 3 years they were together.

After the separation of the group only Alex and Mike decided to pursue a career in the entertainment business. Mike became an actor and Alex released an album but had more luck becoming a songwriter and later he also started acting.

A little novela connection: Alex wrote some songs for the group RBD, Mayté Perroni was a member of that group.

I was still a kid and then a teen when they were popular and for some reason I was never into Alex then. It wasn't until I met him after watching him in theater a couple of years ago that I realized what a hottie he was.

Julia: I think some songs belong to the artist and others to the music company that recorded it. Back in the 80's and early 90's Televisa had it's own recording company and they used to release soundtracks for their novelas. I still own the soundtracks from three novelas: "Agujetas De Color De Rosa", "Confidente de Secundaria" and "Baila Conmigo". Agujetas was a novela for all ages, Confidente was a teen novela and BC was a teen novela that atracted everybody since it was a musical novela set in the 60's, of course with music from the time and some new songs in that style. Kind of like Grease but in novela, although the story was different story and the good girl ended up with the good guy instead of the rebel one.

Jarocha
 

Jarocha,

What interesting stuff. I'm so glad that you've joined us here. You've been like a color commentator for a sporting event giving us interesting inside information that otherwise we wouldn't learn about. Unfortunately I couldn't get the song to play when I clicked on your link (it was blocked) but I found this, which though may be a bit over-produced, I really like.

Carlos
 

Carlos: I think that was a version by a fan that joined the original version from Mijares to the new version by Laura Caro.

Strange that it was blocked for you, the link is working for me.

Jarocha
 

Here's a version with a live performance of the original version. I prefer the arrengement.

Jarocha
 

Sorry, I meant to say I prefer the original arrengement.

Jarocha
 

Jarocha,

Thanks. Very nice.

Carlos
 

Those are great links. Arni's song means so much more to me now. Jarocha, thanks for the background info, it's fun and really rounds everything out nicely.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder