Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Corazon Salvaje, Ep. 101 7/12/2010 - A Beautiful Farewell, A Murder, and Secrets Begin to be Revealed

Review: Regina is telling Renato how generous Juan is. Ren doesn't get it and asks how Juan won her over, Regi replies, with his goodness. He has taught me to see life in a new way. Renato is trying to tell Regi that he really loves her. Regi says please Renato, he drops his hand in disgust, I know what you are thinking, that I am your sister's husband (well, duh), but the error I committed in marrying Aimee can't erase these feelings. Renato! she walks away and he comes up behind her, putting his hands on her arms - say what you will, I am not convinced. I know that you still love me as I love you. He puts his arms around her, ack, kick him already!

Lightning is striking over the military ship, Juan and the guys are struggling valiantly against the storm, struggling to keep the ship from capsizing. Lots of shouting and dramatic music, more lightning strikes, rain pouring, the ship is rocking on the waves. Colibri is hanging on to Juan piggyback, looks to me like it's making it harder for Juan to steer.

At the Puerto all the gypsies are back at the camp with Branko, he is thanking them. They ask him to be their new leader, they don't trust Servando, he has never been good, he has not honored their way of life. Branko says it's a big responsibility but he accepts. Everyone cheers! Tonight the camp is going to leave on a new adventure, more hurrahs.

At the Finca, Celia, unlike everyone else in the house, knocks before entering Aimee' s room. Celia is laughing at the conversation between Aimee and Leo that she heard part of before Leo left. Aimee grabs her pigtails, and says, so you were listening. I couldn't help but hear some of it. My Madrina wants to go to the Puerto to see Aguacil and interfere with the trial of Juan, but I don't want to go! She can't make me. It's better if you go, though, because if you don't, who is going to support you? Renato. He isn't jealous now, but I know how to get him back. I have a marvelous idea (oh please). I need your help and discretion. I'll do whatever you ask, you can count on me, as she kisses her necklace. You can't let me down, Celia. Because, as Aimee returns to her mirror and talks to herself in it, because everything is going to be alright, it will be as I always dreamed. She caresses the mirror, I am going to make Renato love me again, he won't deny me anything, you'll see. We'll move to the puerto, away from that bruja of a Madrina, and everything will be peachy. But how are you going to explain that the child you are expecting doesn't exist? That is the only problem with this plan (really?), and gazing at herself in the mirror, she says we'll just have to find a way to fix it.

Noel is telling Leo and Rod that there is more bad news, that Juan is at the port being detained. Rod says he's just getting what he deserves. Leo is worried that Renato will end up being humiliated and more there will be more scandal in the family. Noel says it's simple, just drop the charges against Juan and there won't be a problem, you all have the solution in your hands. Rod says no way! Juan has to suffer his consequences just like his father even though it has created an infierno. Leo doesn't like this idea, she wants to protect her precious Renato.

On the ship Colibri is steering the ship in calm weather and telling Juan how he was afraid but when Juan took the wheel he wasn't, awww. Remigio tries to convince Juan to steer the boat to an island so they can escape. But Juan won't do that, he says he gave his word to the captain, and he doesn't know why, but he doesn't want to go back on that. Remi still tries to convince him saying that when they get to the port, they may go free but Juan is going into the mouth of the wolf. But I have to go the port, I have to find Regina and find out how this happened, at whatever price.

Jimena and Gabe are being happy and lovey even though he is still in pain. There is a knock on the door, and it is Branko come to say goodbye. He is happy to see Gabe is better. He tells them he is going, and all the gypsies with him except for Grizelda and Servando. He reminds Gabe that their blood pact is for always, no matter what, and it supercedes any rivalry or rancor that they had. He asks to sit down, and says to Jimena that he knows she loves Gabe and that she would never love him, that it's too hard for him to stay and he is going to leave so they will be happy.

Mariela tells Salma she needs to forgive Jimena as it isn't good for her soul to hang on to resentment. No, I'm never going to forgive Jimena! I want something terrible to happen to her! Abuela says hija, what are you saying? Salma, realizing she has revealed too much, says, I'm sorry Abuela, but Jimena deserves it for all the bad she had done. After she leaves, Abuela says even after all the hurt Jimena has caused Angela, I can tell you still care about her. Mariela says, yes, even with all the terrible things Salma has told her, she can't really believe it, and she still cares deeply about Jimena. From the moment she saw Jimena she had a place in her heart, and I asked her to look at me as a mother. I can't explain it. Abuela doesn't know what to say. Mariela says she doesn't know what is happening to her, she can't explain it but there is something between her and Jimena.

Gabe is telling Branko he admires him, he is a man of honor and wishing him the best. Branko hopes to someday find a woman like Jimena. She says Branko! He says I love you even though it isn't returned. All I ask of you Gabe is that you care for her and protect her. Gabe gives him a hug and they have a brotherly shake. He tells Jimena she is in his heart. He so very nobly leaves. Wow. After he is gone, Jimena asks Gabe if she can go to the camp and say goodbye to Branko in the traditional gypsy way and say goodbye to her people. He says of course. His trust in her is so refreshing.

At the camp the gypsies are dancing and celebrating. Jimena shows up and Branko is moved. They dance together. Then Branko tells her to keep dancing, that he wants his memory to be of her dancing. She looks like she is going to cry and Branko is crying. He bows, and leads the whole camp off into the night while Jimena keeps dancing. Once they are gone, she stands in the camp remembering and crying, and looking up at Orion.

Back at the Doc's place he is checking on Gabe who is still in some pain. Doc says he is getting better faster than he expected and Gabe says for sure love cured me. Gabe asks him what's going on at the Finca with the MdOs? How is Senora Aimee? Doc remembers Aimee's attempt at seduction and says, nothing, nothing worth talking about. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to do.

Grizzy has arrived at the cave and is suitably impressed with it. Fulgencio says come in, I've been waiting for you. Don Fulgencio, what a surprise, what a marvelous place! He kisses her hand and she says she's dying of curiosity to know the surprise he has for her. You can't imagine, but it's outside, not here in the cave. She says outside, what kind of surprise is it? I can't say, come with me. They head out of the cave arm in arm.

At the dressmaker's, Federico and Eloisa are in the throes of passion and the dressmaker is listening at the door. Fed asks her how much she trusts this dressmaker? Eloisa says of course I trust her, she is a poor idiot, she won't ever betray us. Dressmaker says to herself, so I am a poor idiot, it's time you learn what I am capable of.

Fully has been dragging Grizzy on quite a hike to the top of some cliffs above the ocean. She says she can't go any further. Standing on the cliffs he says, here it is. Griz says she doesn't see anything. Fully pulls out his knife and tells her he trusted her. She gets the past tense, and says I haven't betrayed you. I asked you if you had been hanging out with Servando and you said no, but I saw you when they freed Branko. She says he must be mistaken, but Fulgencio is never mistaken. Flash for a moment to Servando wondering why all the gypsies have left him. Fully asks Grizzy who paid you to fool me? She tries to deny it and I think says something like it's bad juju to kill a gypsy, he says he doesn't believe any of that. He'll give her one chance to save her life. Again, tell me who paid you? She says, I can't, I can't! He stabs her and after she falls he says I'm sorry, but I'm not a patient man, you lost the chance to save yourself. He pushes her with his foot off the cliff. Flash again to Servando now wondering where that maldita Griselda has gotten to. We go back to see her body some way down the cliffs and Fulgencio telling himself he still didn't get an answer as to who betrayed him.

Gabe is sitting on the bed reviewing the good bye to his bff Branko. Jimena is back and tells him Branko and all the gypsies are gone. He says you look sad, and tells her he is sure Branko will find someone to love him, she agrees. Then he starts clutching his chest and bending over in pain, Jimena is starting to freak out. He sits against the headboard, still appearing to be in pain, and she wants to know how to help him. He starts telling her to kiss him here, kiss him there, he was just fooling. Gabe! Lots of happy kissing.

Ren is still hassling Regina, but now telling her he is going and she should try to relax. But before he leaves he has to say that she is denying her real feelings, tells her not to fight it (OMG), whatever you say I know you love me. I want to slap him! After he leaves she tearfully says to herself, why now Renato? It's too late, I love only Juan even though you keep denying it.

The Captain is talking to Juan and saying you had control over the boat last night and you could have escaped, why didn't you? Juan says I gave you my word and I didn't want to deceive you. You'll complete your mission, although a little late. The Captain says what a man of honor Juan is, another bromance is born.

Ren comes to tell Regi the Luzbel is ready and they can go. She begs him to take back his accusations but he insists he doesn't have the power to do that, it is in the hands of the law now. Riiight. Juan is looking at the ring and thinking of Regina Montes de Oca. He says to himself, like a star, and flashes back to being with her on the beach and her telling him he is now Juan de Dios. Back to Ren saying to Regi that if Juan is as innocent as she says he will go free.

Servando and Federico are talking about where Griselda could be. Servi is worried and is sure she didn't go with the camp. They agree it is very strange, and say something about Fully which I didn't get. Then Fed is talking to Fully and asking about Griz, and Fully is suspicious, why do you care? Fed tries to back up and say it was just concern for him, that she is good at reading the cards. He asks Fed about Servando and Fed probably knows more than he should about where he is. Fully asks Fed to tell Servando to meet him at the Cueva de Santa Cruz tonight on a very important matter. Uh Oh. He tells Fed he is sure of Servando's loyalty.

Clem and Noel are concerned about Juan, didn't get much of this.

Jacinta and Maria del Rosario have gone to the church and on their way in the square they see Rodrigo. Maria del Rosario's scarf just happens to blow in the wind and get caught on a branch revealing her face to Rod. Both are muy impactados. She quickly covers up and she and Jacinta scurry off to the church.

The Villareals are getting ready to leave. Fake Angela and the Abuelos are all happy together but Mariela is increasingly troubled. Abuela tries to tell her she'll be happy in Puebla and forget all about Jimena. Mariela can't accept that.

Back to Rod who is stunned and has to sit down. He tells himself it can't be, she is dead, must be his imagination, because of that bastard coming back. It's always Juan's fault. Jacinta and Maria del Rosario are in the church, and Maria del Rosario is having flashbacks to her interrupted wedding and Juan Sr. fighting with the soldiers. She is crying and asking the virgin to protect her son so she can at least see him once. Then she collapses suddenly on the floor.

Back to Mariela talking to her mother and Raul and saying she can't abandon Jimena, that she feels something in her heart and she doesn't understand it. Abuela says after all the terrible things she did to Angela? Mariela says I can't really believe that, Jimena is a good person. Raul says do you think Fake Angela is lying? Mariela says I don't know what to think. (Yay.)

MdR is being carried into the Doc's place with Jacinta and a few people. Gabe says isn't that Arcadio's wife? And Jimena says, no, this is the mother of Juan del Diablo. Gabe and the Doc look disturbed.

On the beach, the Captain tells the fishermen they can all go, there are no charges against them. He regretfully has to arrest Juan and tells him he is only following orders. He knows Juan is valiant and honorable and he will be there for Juan in his trial.

Ivy

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you, Ivy! I will enjoy reading this. Be back after I wake up.
 

Loved the recap Ivy. Good job. My cable went out last night and I was very frustrated. They said it was because of all the storms we were having. Ack!

Would somebody please tell Renato to shut.up?
 

Thank you Ivy for the wonderful and well-detailed recap. Thanks Jeri for your assistance with posting it.

Wow! what an episode! I'll go on YouTube later to find the videos.

I guess I haven't missed too much if Ren is still acting like a sick jerk, kinda like Rod.

So Juan, Aimee and Regi are in some form of prison but Ren, Rod, Fully, Servando, Grizzie and Leona are still walking around free? Hopefully that changes and soon.

Jody :)
 

Thanks, Ivy. I saw a few minutes of this episode before I fell asleep on the sofa. Gee, evertone eventually ends up at Dr. Pablo's clinic. Will Juan meet his mamacita there ? And Aimee has a new plan. If it's anything like all her old plans....well, you know. They could have called this novela ''Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall.'' Does she ever get bored with gazing at herself ? I guess we should have expected the bromance between Juan and the captain because Cap'n had no use for Rennie. I can't wait to see what happens next. Will something happen to Remigio resulting in a match between Noel and Lulu ?
 

Thanks, Ivy. I saw a few minutes of this episode before I fell asleep on the sofa. Gee, evertone eventually ends up at Dr. Pablo's clinic. Will Juan meet his mamacita there ? And Aimee has a new plan. If it's anything like all her old plans....well, you know. They could have called this novela ''Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall.'' Does she ever get bored with gazing at herself ? I guess we should have expected the bromance between Juan and the captain because Cap'n had no use for Rennie. I can't wait to see what happens next. Will something happen to Remigio resulting in a match between Noel and Lulu ?
 

Thanks for posting Jeri.

Ivy: Great title and a marvelous recap. I really enjoyed your comments: "kick him already" and vivid descriptions: "Lots of shouting and dramatic music, more lightning strikes, rain pouring, the ship is rocking on the waves". Very well done.

At this point, it's hard to say who is more delusional - Aimee or Renato. Renato, who has a vision cloaked in unreality or Aimee who's vision is only herself.

I'm going to imagine Branko finding his true soul mate and reaping all the happiness he deserves.

Susanlynn, Friday's episode had Remigio perilously close to the ship's railing. I posted yesterday that I thought someone was going overboard and I honestly thought it was going to be him. We've all been speculating as to if and how Noel and Lulu will get together. I was afraid this was going to be how the writers were going to handle it. I'm relieved but still see all 3 characters too honorable for a Noel/Lulu pairing under the present circumstances.

Gris met a grizzly ending indeed. Is Servando next?

The looks on Gabe and Pablo's faces on hearing MdR is Juan's mother was priceless.

Happy Mariela isn't shrugging off her strong connection with Jimena. She knows something is wrong...

Diana
 

Ivy, great recap! I'm glad more people are finding out about MDR being alive, Juan will for sure find out and finally get to see her. I wonder what demonic plan Aimee is going to be hatching now. I almost feel sorry for Renato, but I actually think the two of them deserve each other. Maybe with the ship's captain and Noel's help Juan will get released from jail. How stupid is Rod to not realize the scandal will be much worse with Juan in jail. I would be so tempted if i was Juan to tell everyone the real reason he was at Renato's and Aimee's wedding and that it had nothing to do with Regina. It would show the tramp that Aimee is and how stupid Renato was. I wish Arcadia would show up and tell everyone about Leo and Rodrigo's evil deeds that they committed.
 

Great recap Ivy. We get more revelations each day now. Aimee and Renato have both gone off the deep end, and are living in their own worlds. What makes Aimee think that any of her little plans are going to work?

That was indeed a beautiful send off for Branko. Wow, a tn character that truly, deeply loves another, but lets her go! You really felt his heart breaking for Jimena.

I also liked some of the small, sweet moments between Juan and Colibri- making Colibri cling to his back so that he didn't get swept overboard; Colibri sleeping in Juan's arms as he steered the ship; and then Juan giving Colibri a kiss before the Coast Guard took him off to prison. Great bromances in this tn- Juan and Colibri and his whole crew and Gabe; Gabe and Branco; Juan and the Coast Guard captain.

Servando better get out of town before Fuli makes a skewer out of him too. (I really hope Branko doesn't run across Gris' body!) For that matter, Fed and Eloisa better make a back-up escape plan for themselves too. Fuli's on the warpath.
 

hmm. i wonder how Salma will handle the news when she finds out Grizzy is dead.


terrylee -- i think Juan knows about MdR from visiting her in the dungeons. I don't think he ever knew her name or suspected that she was his mother.

mad bess, I like your suggestion of "Mirror Mirror" as a new title for this telenovela.

:)
 

Thank you for the wonderful recap, Ivy!

Dear Branko, you grew on us, we'll miss you. I uploaded many Gabe/Jime/Branko pictures to the gallery:
- the freeing of Branko (I love the friendship of these kids)
- Jimena and MdR
- farewell from the gypsies

My favourite pictures are:
1
2 - bromance, cheering crowd, a bitter sheriff and a handsome doctorcito in the background - it's perfect :)

A very short summary:
link

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall: LOL!
 

I just finished watching the YouTube videos by Aysel.

"Clem and Noel are concerned about Juan, didn't get much of this." --- Here's my interpretation of the scene: Noel is telling Clem that he is very worried about his son Ren and if he continues to persist with his vendetta and the charges against Juan, he may never be able to forgive himself and have to live with regrets for the rest of his life.

Jody :)
 

Thank you Ivy! That was terrific!

I was hoping Rod would have a flashback to Arcadio telling him "Maria del Rosario es en vivo!" just before Rod threw him out of the Finca.

Vivi, I had exactly the same thought. I hope Branco doesn't find Griz' dead body. Poor guy has had enough bad finds for one lifetime.

Aimless is delusional, Renato is delusional. Wouldn't it be funny if Aimless looked in the mirror and saw Renato's reflection and vice versa? Maybe then they'd get the hint...

I could NOT believe Juan threw Regina's ring overboard. I yelled "No you dumb@ss!" at the TV.
 

Thanks Ivy for your excellent recap!

Wow, what an episode! Loved Branko's farewell, but oooooh, wasn't it sweet when Fully took care of Griselda?? Servando's next! Feddy is looking very worried, as he should be :)

I can't wait until Mariela finds out the truth about Salma "Fake Angela" and gets her revenge- cause you know that's what's going to happen, at least I hope that's what's going to happen :)

As for Renato, I can't wait until he finally, finally has to accept the truth, that Regina does not love him, but Juan and only Juan. Man, this tn is getting juicy!!

Marisol
 

Ya know, I wondered about that. I almost included it but I wasn't sure that he really did. I thought maybe he put it back in his pocket and it was just a hand gesture of futility!
 

Thanks Ivy...great recap!

Terrylee...I think you are on to something with Arcadio returning to air their very dirty laundry. He just disappeared...well we know that in TNville...they seems to always return in the most opportune or inopportune times.

Branko broke my wittle heart...sniff sniff. The pain was so incredibly evident and he was not ashamed for the whole camp to witness his heart break. He will be a good leader for them. Courage, heart, and strenth. I will definately miss Branko. Boy, these Spaniards have a way with winning our hearts...shout out to Inaki.... :)

Fake Angela's outbursts are getting old already. I wonder what is in store for her when Mariela and real Angela reunite with the truth as a shield from her lies and deceit. All the gypsies are gone and Grizzy...well she is out of the picture.

Vivi...I wouldn't mind Servando getting skewered and landing right next to a grizzly Grizzy.
 

Thank you Ivy for a wonderful recap. It was well-detailed. Thank goodness you feel the same way about the Renato and Regina situation. The man has a comprehension problem.She is too civil to him and it is making me sick.
Isn't our Jaun awesome? A lesser man would have skipped town or the sea but not our Jaun. No sin goes unpunished. Griselda has finally met her maker.The other two are too greedy to know when to quit. Pay back time is coming for them soon,I hope.

Hanna
 

thanks for a job well done on the recapp.

with Grizzly dead(?) and Servando on the chopping block who will be left to tell that Selma isnt Angela

Im so hoping that Jimena remembers eating that candy apple b/4 she was taken. No one else would know that small detail.

love the father/son connection b/w Juan and Colibri

I still think Noel should end up with Mariela and lulu with Remigio

loved Jimena and Gabe i could just feel the love

Felt really bad for Branco. I hope he meets a nice live girl.

Cant wait for Lorena to find out that MdR is alive and well and Rod realizes what Lorena did.

hoping that MdR tell about Lorena killing the twins mom since she did read the letter b/4 lorena burned it.

Renato is straight crazy. How many times can a person say "I dont love you" b/4 it sinks in. Apparently a million and one when dealing Renato. I wonder if he will try to lock Aimee away to get Regina or just try to kill her. Like mother like son.

I wonder if Renato wanting Regina is more b/c shes Juan's wife and less b/c he loves her inorder to get back at Juan for having Aimee first.
 

Thanks for the recap Ivy. I couldn't believe that Juan threw that ring out to sea. Juan needs to trust in Regina. Renato how many times does Regina have to tell you that she loves only Juan now. So Branko is now the gypsy king. I hope he does find a new love. I like him. I'm glad more people are now finding out that MdR is Juan's mother. I hope Regina can get to Juan and clear up the misunderstanding. So Fully killed Gris. Looks like tonight won't be Servando's lucky night either. I'm pins and needles. Can't wait for tonight's show.
 

I too love the interaction between Juan and Colibri. The coast guard captain now realizes that Juan is a man of honor. That's another strike against you Renato. He and Aimee truly are made for each other. I got teary eyed when Branko and the gypsy camp left while Jimena did her farewell dance.
 

Pirate Babe,

I too got teary eyed watching the Beautiful Farewell scenes between Branko, the gypsies and Jimena. I have to say I have enjoyed watching Branko and am sorry we will not get to see him anymore.

Ebony,

What gives you the impression that Noel might get together with Mariela? I did not catch CS from the beginning so I am not familiar with the earlier plot lines. Have they had much interaction beyond Mariela looking for Angela?

Marisol
 

Noel and Mariela met once at a party but they both seemed completely enchanted with each other all this while Leona was watching.
 

Thanks for the recap Ivy!! Your title captured all the exciting events of the evening.

ITA w/all of you who feel Ren has crossed the line. She keeps telling you it's too late and yet you won't listen. He and Aimee do deserve one another!

So glad Mariela feels something is amiss with Fake Angela and her demonizing of Jimena.
 

Ebony,

Thanks for the info! I don't much about Lulu either, so I am not really sure who I would prefer Noel end up with.

All I do know is that he is a wonderful, honorable gentleman, and let's not forget so easy on the eyes :)!! He deserves much happiness after all that Leo, Rod and Renato have put him through.

Ay, ay, ay Don Noel :)


Marisol
 

Pirate Babe, I'm glad someone else caught the fact that Juan threw that beautiful ring into the sea. His insecurities are swamping him and if he is not careful, he could lose Regina. She does, though, need to be more blunt, more specific, more physical if necessary in telling Renato to buzz off.
 

Barbara - like I said above, I wasn't sure he actually threw it, because it was such a strange little toss if he did, not as dramatic as you'd expect. I somehow thought he was going to but didn't and just waved his hand kind of like, oh screw it. I hope he didn't.
 

Ivy, try looking at it on YouTube. I replayed it a couple of times and it sure looked like he tossed it. If he did, what a waste and how stupid. Once again, his emotional roller-coaster has caused him to act out in a way he might later regret.
 

Ivy, I'm about to watch this episode. Thanks so much for this very nicely balanced and entertaining recap. Grisy's death... I think we all saw it coming. I wonder if she saw it in the cards. Hey Servino... be very afraid.

Carlos
 

Thanks Ivy. Great recap and very much appreciated. I felt very sorry for Branko. Very glad Jimena told other people about MDR being Juan's mother. Now that Grisilda is dead, is Salma the only other person that knows Jimena is the true daughter of Mariela or does Servando know?
 

Servando knows, I think both Gabe and Branko suspect it as well. It has surprised me all along that Salma hasn't come up with the necklace that says "Angela" that Gris had, only the dress. So maybe that is still at the camp somehwere?
 

Ivy: Thanks a bunch! Excellent and full of terrific descriptions and details. I forgot to record it last night and the Y/T version left a lot to be desired. --I was moaning and groaning at the same stuff you were. Renato take a hint already!!!

--Jardinera
 

Ho yes! I guess if you'd titled this episode Ding dong, the bitch is dead, it would have been too obvious, huh. (Then again, there are a lot of them to choose from...)

As glad as I am to see Gris gone, it almost felt like it wasn't enough. Oh, well. Maybe Servando will get something even gris-lier!

Aii, Branko, Branko! Those scenes were so heart-wrenching I cried through almost the entire episode, even when the trio wasn't on screen. I hope that's not really the last we'll see of him! I'd be willing to love him. Where do I sign up?

Juan, Juan, Juan... -scrubs face with hand in frustration- I had a hard time telling whether he actually chucked the ring or not, too. The whole time, I was sitting there saying, "Damnit, Juan, don't you do what I think you're going to do!" - and then it did look like he put it away and just waved something off instead, but it was such an odd little motion...

MdR's got to hold on! I won't accept Juan not getting to meet her before she dies!

Randomly, did anyone else notice the matching fabric on Abeulo and Abuela?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder