Friday, August 13, 2010

Corazon Salvaje8/12/10 Pie Cart--1. Only Two More to Go!

Jimena and Gabe are by the ocean. Jimena gets a bad feeling something is going to happen.

We get a replay of Renato picking up Aimee’s broken, lifeless body and bringing her back to the Finca. He lays her gently on the bed. He remembers the hateful things she said that led to all this. He pulls out his gun and says always it is Juan del Diablo. He heads out into the night.

Jimena and Gabe are still on the beach. Gabe says that whatever happens, happens. There’s nothing she can do. She says she knows but she feels it. He has more important things to tell her. Don Alberto would like to talk to her. Why does he want to talk to me? Just then he appears behind them. They want to apologize for being so rotten to you. Salma confessed that she was not really Angela. It was all a lie.

Speaking of the lying witch, she is back at the camp with Branko trying to weasel her way back. Branko is not inclined to let her. He says she lied to those people and it wasn’t cool.

Jimena is going on about how awful that must have been for Mariella. Gabe agrees. She wants to go to her and console her and make her feel better. Alberto says thank you and Jimena turns around. I guess she didn’t know he was there. He begs her to come back to the house to talk to Mariella. Let’s go right now.

Branko is ready to leave and leave Salma there by herself. She begs him not to go. Various gypsy folk talk Branko out of traveling at night because it is dangerous. Well, ok then. We’ll go in the morning.

Over at Fully’s he’s busy counting and sorting his money. He needs his doting wife’s help. He makes a big show of putting away the jewelry and the money and he tells her where everything is. He even gives her the combination to the big safe in the other room. Eloisa is practically giddy. In that safe everything is in her name in case something should happen to him. There is enough money to grant her her ever desire. She says all she cares about is him. He is the important thing in her life. I think he’s giving her enough rope to hang herself. She will be the richest woman in Veracruz.

Renato shows up at Juan’s. He asks Renato what he’s doing there in his house. Renato says he needs to speak privately with him. Regina, seeing the blood on Renato’s clothes wants to know what’s up. Juan suspects something is wrong and asks Regina to go into the other room. Juan gives him the hairy eyeball and asks what he wants. Renato says that Aimee confessed everything to him about Aimee and Juan. He pulls out his gun and points it at Juan. He should make him pay for being such a traitor.

Two men in the street are talking about Aimee’s graceful exit into the afterlife. Unfortunately Gabe, Jimena and Alberto walk up just in time to hear it. Alberto thinks it is such a shame that the family has to suffer another tragedy. Jimena is upset and is sure that is what she felt earlier. Gabe feels sorry for Juan and Regina.

Renato is still pointing his gun at Juan. He wanted to help him. Include him in the family. He sacrificed everything for him. And this is how you repay me by boinking my wife? Juan pushes his gun away and tells him that they were lovers on the boat to Veracruz. But then when he found out she was a MdeO they became enemies. He didn’t know she was even married until the day of their wedding. Juan says that if anyone was to blame it was Renato. He came between Juan and Aimee. They argue some more about who’s to blame and Renato points his gun at Juan’s head again. Many times I’ve wanted to come to you and ask for your forgiveness. We must go to her and confront her together. Renato puts the gun down and looks away. We see Celia standing outside the house. Renato says we can’t talk to Aimee. She can no longer speak. Juan asks what he is talking about and starts to look worried. What are you saying? Aimee is dead. Juan is shocked and repeats Aimee is dead. Regina walks out of the bedroom at that exact moment. She doesn’t believe it. She runs to Renato and begs him to tell her the truth. It can’t be true. Tell me the truth. Renato looks sick. Celia is shocked and runs off to who knows where.

Eloisa and Fed are happily getting together at the dressmaker’s house. They have a new plan. They are ecstatic. This can’t end well I wouldn’t think. She tells him that Fully gave her the combination to the big safe. Fed says this means that he trusts us. In your dreams maybe. The dressmaker meets with Servando who gives her a large bag of money and a kiss (ewww!) and tells her she will be richly rewarded if everything goes as planned.

Remigio is in his hut trying to tidy up. What happened to his hair? He gets frustrated when he breaks some dishes and can’t sweep them up himself. He says he’s good for nothing. For nothing! He turns around to find Lulu standing there. What are you doing here? I’ve brought you some food and I’d like to prepare it for you. But if it bothers you, I’ll leave. He asks her if she’s eaten yet. She says no not yet. They look at each other. I guess that means he wants her to stay.

Regina is still freaking out over the death of her sister. Renato says unfortunately it’s true. He conveniently leaves out the part about how he was chasing her with the Hounds of Hell on her heels so he could kill her himself. She says he’s lying. Juan tries to calm her down. I wish it was a lie but it is the truth. What happened? Why do you have all this blood? She tries to shake the big guy like a rag doll but doesn’t get far because Juan grabs her--and uh, well, Renato’s really big. She wants to see Aimee. She and Renato head for the Finca. Finally left alone, Juan says it can’t be. Aimee can’t be dead. Didn’t we just have this conversation?

Meanwhile, Celia has made it to Rod’s townhouse and given him the bad news. He doesn’t believe it. He grabs Celia and makes her repeat the story again. Because he obviously didn’t hear it the first time she shouts it in his face. What happened? What happened? Tell me. She doesn’t know. He wants to know how she heard it. She heard it from Renato. Celia runs out of the house crying. Rod goes crazy and repeats Aimee, Aimee and knocks over a table. I wonder how many times he’s turned over that table during this show? He suddenly grabs his left arm and makes a terrible face. Maybe his pie cart is coming for him sooner than we thought. He falls on the couch still clutching his left arm.

Servando is reporting back to Fully. So they plan on killing me tomorrow. Hmmm… It is about time for Fed and Eloisa to pay. Servando wants to know what the plan is. Fully wants the witch to prepare a potion that will put them in a deep sleep. What do you say? Servando says you can count on me. Vengeance is sweet and something about a cold plate.

Alberto and crew arrive back at the house and interrupt Noel and Mariella in a sweet moment. Mariella is so happy to see Jimena. They hug. Happy happy, joy joy! Alberto tells Noel he needs to talk with him. Poor Noel because you know what is coming next. Raul, Gabe and Alberto are standing around acting like somebody died--oh, wait, somebody did. Alberto tells him that he needs to be strong. Raul tells him that more than ever Renato needs him. Now he’s catching on. Gabe gets to be the one to break the bad news to him. Aimee is dead. Noel has to sit. Gabe tells him it was a terrible accident. (Accident my ass.)

Over in the jail the old sheriff and his pal are discussing Rodrigo and the new sheriff. FF>>

Noel has just told Clemencia and she collapses on the floor. FF>>

Renato is still wearing his bloody clothes and pouring himself a drink. He remembers finding the potion that Aimee had hidden in her hand and he changes his mind. Leo hears the racket and comes down wanting to know what happened to Aimee. He says they had a fight and he discovered she was trying to poison him. She ran and got away. He went looking for her and something I didn’t catch. Leo says something about the dogs. Renato says the only thing she was ever interested in was his money and his position. That’s why she married me. Rod takes that moment to make an appearance. His pie cart must have swerved. Damn! You killed my daughter. He gives Renato a good smack. Then just to make his point, he smacks him again. Rod says he’s going to pay for his crime. Leo pulls him off and says don’t you dare touch my son. It’s his fault that Aimee is dead. I’d kind of have to agree with him there. Leo says it is Aimee’s fault. They continue to argue whose fault it was. Leo says that Aimee did whatever she wanted including Juan del Diablo. Renato wakes up and says what are you talking about Mother? You knew that she was fooling around with him? Rod and Leo look away. Guilty as charged. He shakes his finger at them and continues bellowing.

It looks like Lulu made some dinner for Remi. They are having a nice time together. She tries to talk to him but he says don’t worry about it. She just wants another chance to show him how much she loves him. They start to kiss but are startled when Juan shouts for Remi outside the hut. Juan barges in and sees the situation and says oh pardon me. Lulu gathers things and walks past Remi. Will they kiss or will they not? Looks like not. What’s up Juan? Aimee is dead.

Back at the Finca Renato is still yelling. He can’t believe they knew this all along but didn’t tell him. You were so afraid of a scandal. You destroyed what could have been the best thing in my life. Leo tries to comfort him but he tells her not to touch him. Rod said everything that happened was because of you. Renato wants him to tell him straight up what he’s talking about. Leo gets in between them.

Regina has managed to get past everyone and is now in Aimee’s room. She slowly walks to the bed. And I mean s - l - o - w - l - y. She looks at her briefly but turns away. I can’t blame her there. Aimee’s probably starting to look at little awful.

Back to Rod who is still slamming Renato. FF>> Leo says it is not Renato’s fault. You know perfectly what kind of woman Aimee was. Well, that certainly helped the situation. Leo and Rod argue and Leo turns to Renato and says it wasn’t your fault. Nothing was your fault. Renato wants his mom to tell him the truth. Just once. The whole truth. Rod and Leo argue some more. FF>> again.

Back to Regina. While I like a good death crying scene as much as the next person, I have a feeling this is going to get silly. She kneels next to the bed and starts in. Why? Why? Forgive me, forgive me, forgive me. So many times I tried to save you. I tried to tell you but you wouldn’t listen to me. Oh man, now she’s really crying. You have paid a high price for your whims. There are always consequences. Forgive me, forgive me, forgive me. Why God? Why, why, why? She kisses the white rose and places it on her chest? Did I just see Aimee breath? No. I guess not. While MdR’s death was as powerful as Frodo sailing off into the Gray Havens, Aimee’s death was not.

Leo is still babbling incoherently. Rod’s like, and then there was the baby. Leo laughs and says that was another one of her lies. Rod says what are you talking about. She says she suspected Aimee wasn’t pregnant when she wouldn’t let the doctor examine her. She invented the whole thing. Rod says you are lying. If you don’t believe me go talk to the doctor. Renato flops down on the couch. He looks totally broken. Maybe this will be his turnaround.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you Connie for the recap.

One question: Are you watching the episode that airs on Univision or are you watching the episode that aired in Mexico through the internet?

Jody
 

Morning everyone! Happy Friday. I just want to say thank you to all the recappers this week. I haven't been able to get on and read recaps and comments so I've got some catching up to do over the weekend. I'd like to say a special thank you to Jody who so kindly made the CS Christmas ornaments. I am eagerly awaiting its arrival. It will have a special place on my tree this year for sure.
 

Connie,great title and retelling of show! I think Renato would of probably strangled Aimee had she not fallen off cliff. He's still guilty of causing her death thru his reckless behavior. He could of had her arrested for poisoning him and let her rot in jail, which I think would of been a more just ending. Rodrigo in real life would of been long dead from a heart attack after all that arm clutching, but I hope justice meets up with him thru the long arm of the law. It sounds like Lulu and Remigio will end up together. I wonder where Leo will live after she is forced from the finca, I can't see Rodrigo giving her a home with him since he believes Renato is responsible for Aimee's death. Can't wait for tonights show, seems like more characters are meeting their maker, I wonder whose next?
 

Thanks for the recap, Connie; looking forward to it! I'll be back.
 

Hey Jody! I watch the downloads because I just can't stay up that late. I get them through megaupload I think its called. Are the off a little bit?
 

Thanks, Connie. Yes, the baddies are dropping like flies, verdad ? I must say that that the badder and battier Renato gets and the longer his beautiful brunette locks get the hotter he looks. Well, will tonight be the night that Elo and Fed get theirs ?
 

Thanks again, Connie; excellent recap and a hilarious title! I'm such a sucker for the swerving pie-cart jokes. That scene where Alberto listens hidden and then steps out to apologize to Jimena at just the right time is sweet. I think Salma loves Branko enough that she will finally figure out how to please him; what he says matters to her. I think they will get together; they are a cute couple, and I'd like Branko to be happy. He's a great guy.

Ooh, I have a hard time imagining how Fulgencio won't kill Eloísa, but somehow I don't think he will; however, Federico is toast, IMO. I'm so glad Remigio seems to be getting over his shock at recent events and accepting Lulu. Yeah, what WAS Renato thinking with letting the dogs out on Aimee? Or was he thinking. Regina's hysteria kind of short-circuited Juan and Renato's situation for the moment. And there was no duel yet; I wonder if it's still on.

Connie, Star Trek fan, Lt. Worf and the Klingons use that saying, "Revenge is a dish best served cold." LOL I think actually Khan Noonien Singh said it, quoting the Klingons. I just looked it up in Wiki, and apparently, the proverb's origin is murky, but the current wording is credited to Wrath of Khan; amazing it made it into telenovelas.

I'm with you about Regina's crying scene; thank you so much for the cliff notes version. Regina really needs some guilt therapy. Well, now Renato knows about the lack of baby; what secrets are left? Just Jimena and Leonarda imprisoning María del Rosario?
 

Popped in to say how proud I am of you all for sticking with this show after it migrated to WAY WAY past my bedtime! You are champs!
 

Thanks for that saying Jeri. I could hear part of it in my head but just couldn't remember. I knew it was something served cold.
 

thank yoy connie, again.

I have not been able to watch these episodes, bur in reading the recaps I know what is going on. Now when Aimee fled the house. Ren runs after her right away. In order to find her he has to get on his horse and the dogs. Aimee running on that dress was faster than him on a horse? How did Aimee get on that horse? where did Aimee thought the withc was going to hide her? Rod is been faking that heart attack since the beginning of this TN and he always bounces back like nothing. Anyway, as you guys would say beannie adjustment time.
 

I tell you if I didn't have the downloads for this show I'd be in trouble. I have it on the dvr but I never seem to be able to watch them. At least once they are downloaded on my netbook I can watch them at lunch. That's when I do must of my recaps--at lunch and in the morning.
 

Melinama, thanks so much for hosting a place for the show! :-)
 

Thank you very much, Connie!

Melinama:
Popped in to say how proud I am of you all for sticking with this show after it migrated to WAY WAY past my bedtime! You are champs!

I agree, and we admire our recappers very much for their work. :)

Summary videos:
1
2
 

Thanks for your recap Connie. Your snark is always fun!

I too wonder if the duel between Rod and Noel is postponed or canceled?

The downfall of Leo will be interesting. I'm hoping Orca will return and confess everything. However poor Noel and Ren will be devastated when they discover the monster Leo is.

ITA Jeri, Fed is toast. I think Fully might take Eloise out also and if he doesn't he'll torture her mentally/emotionally and probably physically too.
 

Thank you for the recap Connie! Loved your little jokes like "Leo says that Aimee did whatever she wanted including Juan del Diablo."

I think Leo was actually saying to Renato how could he set the dogs on Aimee?

Loved that Branko insisted that Salma still didn't get it right, that she should have told Mariella who her daughter is, wish he had gone right away to tell them, though. I don't get Salma deserving Branko, I don't think she is repentant enough yet.

Servando and the dressmaker, the way that is being included seems a bit odd, I wonder what the point is of a sexual relationship between them (I don't exactly want to call it romance).

Aimee's death and all the drama seems to have temporarily halted Renato's attempt to separate them. I wonder how that will come back in.
 

Thank you Connie!

Darn that pie cart. I thought it was Rod's turn too...but I admit I would have been disappointed. "The big one" wasn't punishment enough for him. I was really hoping Renato would kill Rod right in front of Leo. To have the love of Leo's life killed by her own son... now that's my kind of pie cart! Maybe Ren should have offered Rod a nice big glass of cognac....

I thought the scene when Regina first learned of Aimee's death was much sadder than the scene later at the Finca. Why does Regina keep asking for forgiveness for not saving Aimee? Nobody could save Aimee. If Regina goes and begs Rod's forgiveness I'm gonna scream.

Saddest scene of the night: Noel telling Clemencia. I can't bear to see Clemencia cry. It gets to me every time.
 

Ivy:
I wonder what the point is of a sexual relationship between them

I'm not sure that I want to know about the depth of their physical relationship. :))

xlnt:
I thought the scene when Regina first learned of Aimee's death was much sadder than the scene later at the Finca.

I agree. I loved the moment when she tried to beat Renato up but Mighty Joe stopped her, hugged and tried to calm her in front of the Last Samurai. Aracely screamed too much but it was powerful. But the endless crying next to the bed of Aimee... Not my cup of tea. Reggie darling, you're fiery and strong when you don't play the martyr, please don't became Suffría aka Cry Me A River Lass from FELS.

Mmmkay, gallery update:
link
the Gabe/Mariela/Servando encounter and the sad death of the Shrew

The behind the scenes photos are my favourites. That huge guy wearing Aimee's dress and wig is hilarious.
text
text
I'm not a spoiler freak, on the contrary, when I watch a show I'm looking for them all the time because I'm a curious kid. But I prefer doing it voluntarily. When this show aired in Mexico, the spoilers were unescapable on youtube and esmas. We knew when the sword fighting scene, the wedding night, Aimee's death (and how she dies), the last scenes were shot and when they were going to air. :)
 

Thanks Connie for the recap. Regina is really broken up about her sister's death. I think she feels guilty for pushing her sister to get together with Renato that set the tide in motion to her unhappy marriage and untimely death. Juan it seems is taking her death a little hard too. I can't help but wonder if this will further strain Juan and Regina's relationship. Also, Celia didn't deliver Aimee's letter to Juan. I wonder will she still try to give it to him. So Rod and Leo are playing the blame game of who is responsible for Aimee's death. I was surprised that Leo knew Aimee wasn't really pregnant. Why then did she continue to make Renato believe he was going to be a father? Did she do it to spare him? Fully is putting his plan in motion to get his revenge on Fed and Eloisa. They both have no idea what he has in store for them and I have a feeling it will be sadistic. Look at how Fully killed Gris and left her to elements over the cliff. I'd hate to be in their shoes. Looking forward to tonight's show.
 

Last night was the first time I think somebody has referred to Regina as "Senora Regina". Everyone else keeps calling her "Senorita Regina."

Riddle me this:

Aimee sent Celia to Juan's hut BEFORE arguing with Renato, being chased by dogs and falling off a cliff.

Yet Celia got to Juan's hut AFTER Renato brought Aimee's body home and played with the gun in the parlor.

What the heck was Celia doing, and how come it took her so long to get to Juan's hut but she could get to Rodrigo's mansion in the city lickety-split?

Aimee was breathing heavily on her death bed. LOL

Rodrigo has been getting his Fred G. Sanford on at least every other day since he discovered MdR was alive.

I think the duel will never happen because 1) the MdO's will be preoccupied with Aimee's death/funeral and 2) the old sheriff and his little buddy agreed to spill their guts to the new sheriff. I see the carcel in Rodrigo's future.
 

Thank you Connie. I just saw the show and I think the scene with Aimee and Regina was a bit too much. Maybe they wanted to show how much Regina did love her sister and always wanted to save her from herself but couldn't. Since Celia was outside the cottage and heard Renato and Juan talking about Aimee's death does that mean she won't deliver that note from Aimee?

Clemencia seems pretty distraught about Aimee also. She was their nana when they were little girls so although she didn't condone the things she did she still loved her.

I agree that Salma may redeem herself and tell everyone that Jimena is the true daughter. She and Branko are a cute couple. I would like to see him happy and I know that she does truly love him.

Hope that pie cart comes for Fed and Eloisa tonight. I like some of you am not sure that he will kill Eloisa but she may wish she were dead when he gets through with her.
 

Poor Renato, no wonder he has gone crazy. His mom has protected him from unpleasantness all his life and he has never been in the loop. Even after Aimee's death, he learns she betrayed him again with the false pregnancy. And he learns that Juan was betrayed by Aimee for Renato. So he can't blame Juan for seducing Aimee behind his back. (Except for the one time, as I recall.) He feels like a fool and that everyone thinks he is a fool, as well. Ahem, maybe he is.

Thanks for letting me know it was Celia peeking through the walls of Juan"s house. I thought maybe it was the long lost Arcadio returning. Did Celia ever deliver the letter from Aimee to Juan? Guess not. Aimee got in a last pull on Celia's pigtail and Rod just about threw her out of the room when she delivered the news about Aimee to Rod. Nice family to work for.

Connie, your recap had me laughing. Thanks so much and, again, you managed two great recaps in one night.

GinCA
 

Anon 1:40, I just read your post and I was thinking the same thing but forgot about it. Where the heck was Celia all this time? Did she catch a movie or take a nap before she finally arrived at Juan's with the letter for delivery...too late now.

GinCA

P. S. The suspense is building especially the pie truck for Fed and Eloisa. I think they'd probably wish it were a pie truck because Fully is one dangerously calculating man.
 

How about Fully? When will his end come? He needs his own pie cart.
 

Thanks for the recap Connie! Just want to reiterate my appreciation to all the recappers and commentors, for keeping up with the details. Thanks so much!!!

Does anyone else find it interesting that Juan does not go with his esposa to comfort her, but instead to Remigio's?

Bernadette
 

Bernadette - I thought that was a little strange, too, especially that he let her go with Renato. But then maybe it was because of the other people at the finca, that it would be just too much for him to be there too - with Leo and Rod?
 

Bernadette, yes I thought that was weird too. I can only guess that Juan thought it best not to go to the Finca and make a bad moment even worse for Regina. With Rod and Leo there, things could only go downhill.

My only guess about Celia's tardy arrival is that she walked the long way and Renato took the shortcut on his horse. ;)

I don't think Eloisa is going to get away from Fully's revenge. I think he's plotting to murder Fed and make it look like she did it. Why else the "sleeping potion"?

Regarding that new "Final" promo at the end of the show - the scenes flash by pretty quick, but I swear I caught a glimpse of Arcadio.
 

I agree with you Ivy. I think Juan didn't go with Regina because of Leo and Rod and it would be more chaos at the finca with tensions all ready heightened. Also, I think Juan realized that Regina needed that time alone with her sister to say goodbye just as he needed time alone with his mother to say goodbye to her.
 

Ivy,
Possibly could Juan be mourning the loss of his lover, even though he supposedly is soooo in love with Regina?

It just seems curious to me.

Bernadette
 

Thanks for your input all. I feel sometimes Juan is so hot and cold with Regina.

Bernadette
 

"Possibly could Juan be mourning the loss of his lover, even though he supposedly is soooo in love with Regina?" That was my initial reaction to the scene too Bernadette and the oddness that Juan didn't accompany his wife to the finca. I think Juan was deeply affected by Aimee's death and I'm worried what the implication could mean since Juan and Regina are a bit on shaky ground with each other as it is.
 

OK, I'm taking it further than it needs to go, but...

The man who had you locked up, kidnaps your esposa, points a gun at you threatening your life, is covered with the sangre of your sister-in-law/ex-lover, and has challenged you to dual....
please accompany my wife, I am sure she should be safe with you.

I am just sayin'...

Bernadette

Bernadette
 

I agree that it would have been a bad idea for him to go to the finca. Just look who's there: Renato, Leonarda and Rodrigo. The unholy trinity, as far as Juan is concerned -- and they wouldn't have behaved well either. At least that is what I thought when I watched the episode.
 

P.S. Regina would be been safe there by herself. It's her dad, her godmother and her hopeful boyfriend. The biggest threat in the house would have been Aimee, but she's neutralized.
 

"but she's neutralized."

LOL :)
Bernadette
 

Bernadette:
The man who had you locked up, kidnaps your esposa, points a gun at you threatening your life, is covered with the sangre of your sister-in-law/ex-lover, and has challenged you to dual....
please accompany my wife, I am sure she should be safe with you.


Good points. Tienes toda la razón, but this script was written by Liliana Abud, aka "The woman who wrote the lovely Yo compro esa mujer, La otra, Amarte es mi pecado, Barrera de amor, but since Senor Ernesto Alonso died (RIP) and she works only with Mejía she went downhill". :)

I understand that he was shockedby the news. That he couldn't accompany Regina into the house since his archenemies still lived there, but she wanted to go anyway. Okay. But he should've escorted her to the door of the Finca.
Hoewever, the script has bigger faults than this. :)

Jeri:
The biggest threat in the house would have been Aimee, but she's neutralized.
Neutralized -> the best euphemism of the week. :))
 

Juan going to the finca would have made things worse...he was the dead woman's lover. Rodrigo pimp slapped Renato twice...no telling what he would have tried to do to Juan.
 

Anon 3:35, you make a good point. It was wise for Juan not to enter the finca at this point. Also, who knows what he would've done to Leo knowing it was she who had his mother kept prisoner in the dungeon.
 

Thanks for indulging me ya'll!

Bernadette
 

Great recap, Connie. Enjoyed your take on the pie cart traffic.

Too cool that Leo, Renato, and Rod are standing around blaming each other instead of mourning their dead darling. (Aimee is a very picturesque corpse, all red and white. She should be surrounded with unfurled fans. OK, I'm sick, I know.)

Anxious to see the punishment Fully devises for Eloisa and Federico, how and when it happens.

We're inching along with the reunions of Jimena and her mum, and Remi and Lulu. I guess the powers that be in TNland are trying to get everyone to the finish line at the same time, whether they're bad or good. Sort of like cooking a big dinner, when you want everything ready for the table at the same time, more or less.
La Paloma
 

I think Aimee is stupid. She died because she ran off instead of going upstairs and knocking on Leo door to tell her that her son was killing her or run to her sisters hut instead of the witches.I sure as heck would not have run off with that dress and in the dark because that would have killed me more than Wimpy Renato.Renato has some blame for her death but her stupidity is what killed her.
 

Aribeth
"Hoewever, the script has bigger faults than this. :)"

I would agree, but am enjoying it.

Thanks for the info on Liliana.
Bernadette
 

Thanks, Connie! See you managed to slip another LotR reference in there for us. -g-

I wonder if Celia wasn't too quick about getting out of the finca herself because she was afraid of running into Renato along the way, and happened to still be there when the chaos broke out and decided, "Hell, no - I ain't going out now!" Then, of course, bad timing and a false sense of calm led her to finally creep out and hit Juan's just after Renato did.

I think that could also be why Aimee didn't head for any of the sanctuaries that might have made more sense - the last time she asked Leo to defend her, Leo ended up so scared of her own son that she ran away herself. And with having just admitted her affair with Juan, she might have suspected that Renato would expect that'd be the first place she'd go. Even if not, could she be sure that Juan would defend her in the first place, after all that's come between them since then? Regina might have tried to intercede verbally on her behalf, but physically, what more could she do than Aimee herself? The witch probably seemed like the best prospect on the basis of her supposed supernatural powers. It just turned out they were no good against Renato. (Though I doubt Aimee was able to think straight, anyway, purely because of what that kind of fear does to you.)

How fast she was able to run probably depended a lot on how high she was willing to hike up her skirts. Even if she's slower on foot, Renato still had to call for his horse and have the dogs brought out, so she might have been able to get at least something of a head start. Same with getting on the horse - I've ridden in dresses, and how well you're able to mount and move comes down to very little more than how particular you are about where they go and how they're arranged. Out of curiosity, I just went back and looked at Wednesday's episode, and it looks as though she was riding aside - so if she was able to get herself up in the first place (and that would admittedly be the hardest part), how tight her skirts are suddenly becomes much less of an issue because her legs only need to make it around the pommels, not all the way across the horse's back. I'm actually more surprised that her dress didn't get caught on those on the way down than that she was able to ride in the first place, because I'm led to understand that was a pretty serious danger of a sidesaddle fall in closed skirts.

Expecting Juan not to feel anything for her death is being a little hard on him, in my opinion. Even if she's no longer his one true love, she was still a major part of his life for some time. It would be odder to me if he didn't care at all.

Oh, and gotta love how the news spread all over town before some of the family even heard it, don't you?
 

@Mad Marley good points. And the news travels fast because there gossipers.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder