Tuesday, October 19, 2010

La Fea Más Bella #51-52 10/19/10 Wolves at the Door. And a Python!

Read Kim's original recap, the section called “Missing Recap 33: The fly / honey diet.” Then come back here to discuss it.

Capitulo 51

1. Lety’s fantasy shifts to a tango in which she promises her total support, and he is encouraged, ready to conquer any trial with her at his side.

2. Fernando asks about Marta’s diet. Where are the snacks he likes to swipe from her? He eats her last pea!

3. The banker threatens legal action to collect their debt. Fern says that won’t work; they’re liened. Lety presents the debt restructure proposal. The banker wants to present it to his board and talk to Humberto. Fern says a scandal could crush them, then they wouldn’t be able to repay the debt.

4. Fatima wrestles Fernando into submission. The cuartel stalls Alicia and warns Lety, who pulls the python off Fern in time. Omar reports that when Fatima’s last obsession dumped her, she created such a scandal, the man lost his job, family, and reputation.

5. Saimon gives Luigi his pitch about Jazmín, but Luigi finds the Saimon show more appealing.

6. Lety’s analysis shows that Conceptos should pay off their debts in a year, but Fernando won’t reach his goals and would lose the presidency. Omar ponders whether Lety will be the same when the debt is paid; a lot can change in a year.

7. Lobo is very upset that Marta got lipo instead of a car. He hardly notices her new figure.

8. Humberto wants a committee meeting tomorrow. Fernando says he’s not prepared, and in the last meeting they agreed they’d meet again in September. Humberto will settle for report of losses.

9. Lety tells MamaJ she feels the strain of so much responsibility. MamaJ is sure Lety is up to the task.


Capitulo 52

Read Kim's original recap, the section called “Missing Recap 34: Lunch break.” Then come back here to discuss it..

1. Fernando tells Lety to cook the books for today’s meeting – show that BL has made more payments.

2. Alicia got her blood drawn. Marta calls the lab, says she’s Alicia, and requests a pregnancy test.

3. Tom is proud of his new cell phone. Sanchez tells him the agent will inventory Conceptos today. Tom finally reaches Lety, and she tells Fernando.

4. Sanchez, agent Higuera, and the family converge in Reception. Fernando hustles the family out. Sanchez is shocked that Lety works at Conceptos. Remember, he thinks she’s a legitimate financial company managing a delinquent account.

5. Sanchez tells Fernando that Lety has embargoed all his assets and they effectively belong to her. Fernando is like, “Yeah, whatever.” Finally he and Lety pretend to be angry at each other.

6. Fernando tells the board the men are from their new insurance. Ariel says that what they need is insurance against presidential disasters, bankruptcy, and embargo. Ariel and Omar imagine their sons.

7. Lety tells Sanchez that the lien is to scare Fernando into paying his debt, but she doesn’t want any scandal. Sanchez thinks Lety is too accommodating to her debtors. He questions their relationship, and he tries to change her attitude.

Tune in tomorrow to see an angel vs. a python.
The phone rings and the world changes.
You don’t want to miss it! Trust me.

Labels:


Comments:
Two things to notice in the meeting with the banker. 1. Fernando is one heck’ova salesman. 2. Fernando and Lety make a sensational team. Each one’s strengths compliment the other’s weaknesses, they have great confidence in each other’s ability, and they can almost read each other’s mind so they act as one.

HALLELUJAH! We get new exit music. Bye-bye, Banda Recordo! Oh, how I despise banda music. I hate it with a purple passion!

Did you notice the difference in this fantasy? Usually he almost kisses her, but somebody calls her back to reality. In this case, he almost kissed her, and then they went into the tango.

In her other almost-kiss fantasies (dance floor, wedding day, etc.) Fernando shows that he loves her. In the fantasy when she got him out of drag, he declared his love, prompted by her total support that night. But in the tango fantasy, it goes one step farther. Lety promises her total support, and that is what frees him from hopelessness. As Judy said, “Where did he find his strength? In Lety's love and loyalty.” The message of the tango fantasy? Yes, Lety wants El Tan Divino to kiss her. But more than that, she wants to be at his side to enable him to succeed.
 

So many funny spots in Cap 52! It had me rolling in the aisles!
* I love where Fernando told Lety how to stand – hilarious!
* Then he keeps calling her back until she gets aggrevated – a perfect example of how well they play together.
* MamaJ shifts into secretary mode, complete with snooty accent.
* MamaJ repeatedly almost gives Erasmo his tea, but something keeps interrupting her.
* Tom and MamaJ open and close the “door” of Tom’s office, and Erasmo tries to find it.
 

paula, should these be 49 and 50?
 

Thank you for catching that, Marta. It should be 51 & 52; I've fixed it (I mistakenly called it 50 & 51).
 

Hi Paula. Another super-busy day and I just got back from CPR class. Probably won't have a chance to watch the tape until tomorrow but will sure look forward to that tango!
 

Paula, are you sure its 51 and 52? remember we had a day preempted last week. so where did the post for eps 49-50 go?
 

Hi Marta, I'm positive.
Normally, 49+50 should've been last Friday - we've had 10 caps per week. But instead, 49+50 got bumped to Monday. Here is the link.
So this post here is for Tuesday's caps, 51+52.
 

Who likes the new exit music & scene? Say "AYE!"

DON'T MISS WEDNESDAY'S SHOW! Trust me. Don't miss it.
 

When Alicia came in to take lunch orders, Ariel's and especially Omar's baby fantasies in the board room were funny. Loved when Omar came to after Fern yelled at him, he was cradleing the report sheets like a baby. Thanks for the recaps Paula and Kim. I feel like I am running a marathon keeping up with all the episodes, enjoyable but but what a pace.

GinCA
 

Hi Paula, these episodes were cute today. I really like the character who plays Sanchez. I also enjoy the Lety and Fernando banter. They certainly do play off one another very well.

Just wanted to drop a quick hi and thank you once again for all your hard work.
 

Another great title! I do love the new exit music with Jaime and Angelica singing, what a treat. Fernando's last words in the preview were "Lety, save me." She does that many times on a nightly basis.

You asked the other night (or last night?) whether we think it's a spoiler if you give us a heads up on watching a good episode. The answer is Heck No! It's very helpful when you do that so I can make sure to at least catch part of an episode that I might otherwise delay or miss completely.

It was another night of geat fantasies. Our characters are very imaginative.
 

Thank you, Friends. I always look forward to your comments.

I love this show. I'm crazy wild about it. And this time around, between a better command of Spanish, and watching more carefully so I can report to you, I'm seeing so many more elements that make me admire Gaitán's masterpiece even more.

Being able to watch it with ustedes makes it better yet. Thank you for joining me, and consistently letting me know you're there.

Take heart. These double episodes can't last forever. Can they???
 

The double episodes are tough, Paula. I hope that changes soon. It's like trying to bolt down a delicious meal instead of being able to savour it bite by bite. I still haven't gotten to watch yesterday's show, but have pulled the tape and maybe over the weekend I can get to it!
 

I agree with Judy about not being able to savor a meal - and it's a double-bummer since these are the episodes many of us missed first time around. Eventually (hopefully??), when we're back to one hour a day, it will be for episodes that I've already seen.
 

Oh, I didn't notice the product placement commercial for Pepto Bismol that Kim mentioned in her recap for 51/33; was it removed, or did I just miss it while FF'ing? (I've been curious as to whether or not the ads were kept - if they were subject to time limitations, or what).
 

"It's like trying to bolt down a delicious meal." Judy, that's it! That describes what I've been feeling, perfectly! I almost fear that I'll lose my passion for Fea because the double episodes are such a burden. What do you wanna' bet, that they'll cut back to single episodes just as they start the horse commercial? ARRGGG!!!

Julie, the Pepto Bismol commercial was in there. The cuartel was in the baño. I'm sure you FF'd that part. I've been pre-watching on disk so I can write up the cap's in time, and I haven't noticed anything cut.

About the new exit music. I love it! Of course, I'd prefer anything over banda music. Even stray cats. I don't mean the band Stray Cats. I mean alley cats howling at 2 AM!

I like Camil's singing voice but I don't like the type of music on his CDs. For the novelas he's done a few exuberant songs and I love them! You can almost hear the laughter in his singing voice. What a delight! The exit song is one of those exuberant ones.
 

Paula, re: the horse commercial. I did catch FEA when they were filming the lingerie commercial using the stallion and loved Fern in those scenes. LOL. Also the Lety/Fern supermarket scenes were hilarious. Hope these comments are spoilers since it just means there are many more fun scenes to look forward to.

GinCA
 

No Gin, those aren't spoilers, they are teasers. I am very sensitive to spoilers, I hate them, but I love teasers. You didn't give anything away, you enticed. Big difference.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder