Tuesday, November 30, 2010
LFMB Caps 107+108, 11/30/2010. Project Runway.
Read Julie’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.
1. Alicia wakens Marcia to tell her the cuartel is making an X-rated movie.
2. The cuartel auditions models, but Alicia tells the models it’s all a joke and there is no job, so they all leave. Ali also locks Jazmín in a dressing room so that Alicia is the only remaining model candidate.
Nothing else happens. Nothing.
Read Julie’s original recap and Read Maricruz’s additional info, then come back here to discuss it.
The first half of this episode is mostly blither. The second half, starting when Pilar arrives, gets much better.
1. Lola tells the cuartel that Jazmín is locked in a dressing room. Irma puts her foot down because they need Jaz for the shoot.
2. Alicia shows Fernando her qualifications for the modeling job, as does Jazmín. But instead they hire Czech model Pilar who insists that Fernando is her lost love Pavel Novak.
3. Fernando remembers the night of the hotel when he told Omar he didn’t want to let Lety see his house and his “intimidad” (he said the same thing about Fatima). Now he decides to take her to his house because he DOES want to bring her into his personal space, and both of them recognize that this is a significant step for him.
4. Pilar decides that she’s going to win Fernando because Pavel is the love of her life.
5. Alicia failed on her only mission – she never made room reservations, and Luigi and his crew arrived in Germany without rooms.
Thank you, Pata, for the screenshot. Alicia certainly makes an impression!
I recognize Pilar. Was she Fifi in Corazon Salvaje? She's quite lovely.
Jenn, were you here when I explained my theory that Lety and Alicia are complete opposites and yet very much the same, like the ying and the yang? They live the same story. I can repost key points if you'd like. Paty Navidad does some wonderful acting in Fea.
Looking forward to tomorrow when Fern shares his personal space with Lety.
Have to admit to laughing over Omar's panic over the missing bolsa. Too bad Fern is such a poor excuse for a businessman that he never bothers to look in his briefcase.
the final scene where he thought about his phonecon with Omar the first night and his change of heart and inviting her was extremely moving and well acted on Camil.