Friday, December 31, 2010
La Verdad Oculta EP74 12/30/2010 – Ridiculously good-looking folks in the seaside Paradise
* Bertha sneaks into the Genovés villa to ransack Mario’s desk. When she leaves the study, she meets David and his admirers, who’s just arrived back from the hospital. Busted. However, she plays the innocent girl whose intentions are purer than snow till death and leaves the house. Alejandra shows up at the stairs with a suitcase and she says goodbye to everyone.
*In the neighbouring house there’s another pretty girl who says goodbye to her family. After she leaves very depressed Chicles begins asking Juan José about the sea. The big guy notices the kid’s sadness and he decides that Chicles is going with them to the sea.
* David tells Abelardo that now he completely trusts Gabriela and he knows how stupid his jealousy was. Abelardo says his feeling were natural, there were so many people who tried to mess with his mind. Dora and Gaby enter the room and the young couple make Dora melt twice by calling her Mom and mother-in-law.
* Caramelo, uncle Mauricio and auntie Elsa arrive at Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. Cara can’t wait more, she wants to see the water! The two girls run to the beach and they look at the beautiful sea like they were standing in front of the eighth wonder of the world.
* While the girls are having fun in the water, Garnica, Juan José, Alejandra and Chicles also arrive at the hotel. Alejandra becomes very jealous when she realizes Elsa is going to spend the holiday with them and Chicles shows too much interest in Garnica’s strange suitcase.
* In the Guilléns’ flat Gabriela learns more details about her mother’s death. Fausto tells her Adolfo did the same to Marta as he did to Gaby, he tried to use her for smuggling. Maybe she threatened him with calling the police and that’s why he killed her. He begs Gaby to not tell Julieta about it but Gaby says her sister has every right to know about their past, and by the way, she’s already told her everything she knows. Her father has to trust the people who love him. Fausto thanks to her for understanding and loving him.
* Late in the night the lovebirds take a walk on the shore. JJ would like to know why doesn’t Alejandra want to stay with him in his apartment. Maybe because he has to work and they can’t leave Chicles alone anyway? However, he can visit her anytime in her room. That sounds great! And now let’s talk about her famous tiny bikinis…
* Zaida calls Garnica: guess who’s she just met? Adolfo Ávila! She heard a few things about their businesses… and a letter. Garnica warns her to be careful and don’t dare side with Adolfo. Don’t forget, he got her out of prison! Anyway, the letter is about Carlos Ávila and Juan José Victoria’s innocence, yaddayaddayadda.
* While Gaby and Dora are building the perfect mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship in the kitchen, FaustoMario and David talk about how strange life is. If he hadn’t fleed, he would’ve ended up in a prison and his daughters would’ve been raised in an orphanage. David objects, Mario wouldn’t have let that happen, he would’ve taken care of her. Yes, but then they would’ve been raised as siblings, says Fausto. Gaby comes in with dinner and FaustoMario leaves. David mentions his father is very tired, that’s why they need her help so much. Gaby swears she’ll do everything she can to be useful. Oh yeah, smiles David, he knows she will.
* Next morning Alejandra shows up at the swimming pool wearing one of her cute, tiny, small, little, chiquitito bikinis. Juan José eyes almost pop out of his head, and after accepting the fact that he has work to do and he has to leave his hot, sunbathing girl alone and 85% naked, he joins Garnica and Medina.
* In Mexico City Leonardo and Paulita, aka Team “We are cool, we are brilliant and we want a new wife and mommy” show up at Julieta’s doorstep to ask her to join them on their entertaining father-daughter day at the funfair. Of course! While she’s looking for her purse in the bedroom, Paula says she likes Juli and thinks she and her father should become a couple. Shh, shh, psst!
* The members of The Rich Club have their first official business meeting. Medina and engineer Gustamante know exactly what they are talking about, Garnica knows what he wants to achieve with the project, but Juan José doesn’t understand much about the negotiations. He gets a phonecall from Asunción and they are talking about “that guy” while Garnica is listenting to his words tensely.
* Julieta and the Faidellas have a great day together. Sunshine, fun, delicious food, meaningful stares, caresses and a heartwarming hand-kiss.
* At the seaside JJ goes back to Alejandra and he admits he sucks at business stuff. Alejandra offers him her help, which he gladly accepts. Now they can be together day and night... Especially at night. Their conversation is interrupted by Moby Dick of Jalisco who wants to join Caramelo on the beach. The air freezes for a second as Alejandra imagines Juan José and his ex best friend spending time together, but JJ quickly gets rid of both her jealousy and his clothes. *Viewerville: two awesome bodies*Down on the beach they meet sunbathing Elsa *three awesome bodies* and Caramelo, whose beautiful sand castle is immediately ruined by Moby Chicles. The adults act like puzzled teenagers from high school: jealous Alejandra plays the seductive alpha female cheerleader, JJ tries to act like he isn’t even there, and Elsa wishes she was on the other side of the world at the moment. Medina shows up, too *four awesome bodies but we hate that shirt*, he notices Elsa’s strange expression but he manages to cheer her up by paying her sweet compliments.
* In the snack bar mini detective Paulita asks Leo about what happened to his arm. Oh, it was just an accident, a colleague of him shot him while they were practicing. Does he like his job? Very much, darling. Isn’t it dangerous? Yes, a little bit, but nothing bad can happen to them in their home. Doesn’t he want to return the ranch? Que? A ranch? The Faidellas tell Julieta they have a farm in the countryside and they invite her and Fausto for a vacation someday. *Viewerville: that would be Soy tu stud 2*
*After a short truce the kids bicker again – now about letters and writing. Mauricio asks Elsa about Chicles and invites her for a romantic dinner. Juan José surely would take care of Caramelo while they are away.
* Speaking of Juan José, he is in his apartment talking with Asunción on phone. The two furious kids storm into the room, and after giving the phone to Caramelo JJ tries to teach Chicles how to (and how not to) treat a little girl.
* In the Genovés villa Fausto visits his Gabriela and David. Everything goes well until Gaby asks him why he is so sure that Adolfo killed her mother. Because she ripped off his cuff-link. Does she remember the cuff-link that was stolen from their flat? And Carlos’s ring? They look exactly the same. Great… But he did he got that cuff-link? He said he hadn’t seen Marta dead. Es que, es que… A friend of him found it. Who? Oh, don’t ask more, my child. However, this time David also encourages Fausto to tell the truth, so he confesses it was Mario who found the cuff-link. WHAT? Don Mario knew her mother?! And did he know Fausto, too?
By the way, loved the title. It was almost too much to bear, all those gorgeous bods on the beach and poolside.
Off to bed now. Goognight. Happy New Year!
I won't be at home today, the recap will be ready tomorrow.
Hey, I found 1 (one!) short scene from YCEM that was't dubbed to Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic or Hungarian. Enjoy. :)
Happy New Year!
I won't be home all weekend but I'll be back to comment on monday. Our new year in Veracruz is going to start warm it seems, we are at 32°C (89.6 °F).
Thanks for the clip Aribeth, young EY was cute. I guess it's my age that I do prefer him younger but he looked great this episode with his hair all natural. And aw, Ernesto Alonso, there will never be another producer like him :(. Liliana Abud's writing wasn't that crappy back them, I wonder if Mejía asks for all the ridiculousness to happen in his novelas.
Jeri, including your dear father in my Music City Bowl report, UT vs NC, “we” lost in the last second of the game! On a happier note, the tail gait was great, the 7-layer dip wasn’t as sweet as I thought it would be. I’m never going to buy Jack’s Special Salsa again though.
Someone involved in this novela really knows human nature. Isn’t it just like a little boy to jump on someone’s sand castle not once but twice and then say it wasn’t really a castle? Little Caramelo was having a great time but needed to talk to “daddy” Limon on the phone, Ale was jealous of Elsa and showed it and Elsa was insecure about being bigger that Ale...all too funny and real.
We have so many good detectives in the novela, Leo, Ramon, Gabi, Paula, and now Chicles, he has Garnica’s number!
Yes, our Gabi will not rest until she gets to the bottom of everything. I’m sure we all got the same queasy feeling when she was hugging Fausto calling him her father, I dread it when the other shoe drops, this will be a extremely tough revelation for her. While biological confusions are a staple in the novela world, this one is more troubling for some reason, maybe it is because I like Gabi so much.
It is quite complete up to that time. I don't think that it will take you that long to catch up, there aren't that many players and I think you'll see the love and kindness among the characters even without knowing each detail.. Besides, there are many "computer brains" here (not me!) that can fill you in on the smaller stuff. You're a grandmother like I am and immediately you will see the CUTEST and most realistic children in LVO, they are really fun. One, Caramelo, looks just like Shirley Temple.
I so hope you join us, I'd love to hear your great comments again!!! Cheryl and Karen are right, this is great novela!!! I honestly think that you will LOVE it.
I just spent the warmest day we've had this December (upper 40s) out and about. Jarocha, I envy your weather, but I'm not going to complain given how cold it's been this month. I'm not going out tonight, but instead tomorrow night, for dinner and a concert. I generally like to avoid the New Year's Eve madness.
Judy- I was glad to read over on Llena that you had a great birthday. I'm also glad that you might give LVO a try. It is a good novela and I think you'd enjoy all the mysteries, loving relationships, as well as the eye candy. :)
Sandy- So glad the dip and the football festivities turned out well. I agree that Caramelo and Chicles are realistic and super cute. They do not look like they're acting at all. I chuckled at the beach scene and the yelling and shoving scene in JJ's room. At least Chicles did not shove back. He knows that much.
Both ladies looked great in their suits, and their respective galans only had eyes for them, so there was no need to worry. I have to say that Ale's itsy, bitsy olive polka dot bikini looked very nice on her and not vulgar at all.
Chicles is on the case of Garnica's case. Let's hope the little tike gets hold of the letter somehow. And Paulita, along with Mrs. Gumen, is on the case of getting Leo and Paula together. There has been great progress there.
I noticed that David is keeping his lips sealed instead of telling another lie to Gabi. And she turned to him to try to get her dad to come out with the whole truth. The question is, will Fausto reveal the whole truth to her? It's funny watching him flounder around to come up with a feasable story.
Bertha if she were more ambitious and corrupt could end up a version of Zaida in 20 years or maybe sooner. They both seem willing to do anything with these dangerous older men for riches and apparently Zaida like Bertha has no trouble changing alliances.
I may have missed it, but is Chicles now permanent in JJ's household??? Is this boy one of the sons of Limon's friend???
Vivi, enjoy your "warm" weather while you can! it's very cold here, only in the mid-30's during the day and below freezing at night. That's quite cold for the Pacific NW. I grew up in western Montana so this cold doesn't bother me. The best part is it's not raining and no gray clouds!!! I can finally enjoy blue skies and sunshine. That is a real treat. Sunshine on January 1st - this is going to be a good year. :D
Mauricio is some eye candy isn't he? I sure hope he decides to take his shirt off and go swimming...
I thought it was too funny when JJ decided to go in the water, started stripping down and Ale was frantically trying to get him to stop. She was worried he was going in in his tighty whities. Which, as we all know, would have been okay with the rest of us.
Yeah, you just know that Chicles is going after that briefcase...
JudyB, suffering from a bad case of Football Bowl Game indigestion right now....
The beach scenes in this episode made me yearn for winter to end, though I shouldn't complain about 40s F here.
Vivi, I also felt that David and Fausto realize that what happened, though painful, was meant to be. I interpreted David's head nod as his telling Fausto it's time to tell Gabi the whole truth.
JJ and Ale were so cute together (not to mention smoking hot in their bathing suits). First, he's squeamish about her taking off her cover-up; later, she's squeamish about him stripping down to his tightie whities. A cute reversal. I love that he felt free to admit to her that the business discussion was over his head and accepted her offer to explain stuff (it was over my head too).
Mauricio has so much confidence in himself and that Elsa will come around. Hope it happens soon and, yes, that he takes off his shirt.
Yay, Chicles joins the detectives. Sure wish JJ would stop taking calls about the letter, etc. in front of Garnica.
Aribeth, thanks for the YCEM clip. I've never seen EY's younger work. He's grown older very well -- to me he's sexier now. I think he's like Sean Connery in that he will be sexy for a long, long time.
Judy, here are a couple background bullet points for this week.
*Juan Jose, (EY) is in Puerto Vallarta with Ale his girlfriend investigating a real estate opportunity offered to him by a man named Garnica. Viewerville knows that Garnica is a bad guy. Unbeknownst to JJ, this is the one and same man who has extorted about $10,000,000 pesos from him, Garnica has a letter exonerating JJ of the crime for which he wrongly spent 11 years in prison. We’re not sure why, but Garnica has on his real estate investment team a really GOOD guy, Medina who is on the trip with his assistant/girlfriend Elsa. Ale and Elsa are jealous of each other due to an early friendship between JJ and Elsa that never went anywhere. We’ll most likely see fireworks or at least tensions between the women. Also, both couples brought along adorable children, Caramelo and Chicles who aren’t legally theirs, just being cared for by the couples. The little boy took one look at Garnica’s evil briefcase that has the exonerating letter, and walked over and started asking questions.....our little 8 or 9 year old (?)Chicles is a mini- detective on the case!
*The other major story line is that David, in a wheel chair and played by Gabriel Soto, after being extremely impulsive and jealous over his beloved wife Gabriela, has finally found an inner calm and trust. I’m sure you read about the prank wedding and resulting separation in Aribeth’s summary, but this past week, David found incredible maturity and put Gabi in charge of the family business and is allowing her to work with JJ in his hotel management business. Earlier, his jealousy would have prevented this. All don’t know this, especially Gabi, but Mario, David’s adoptive father is being impersonated by Fausto, Gabi’s father. The truth about all this might be revealed this week. David and Fausto/Mario are in the process of making a fairly strong emotional alliance and David wants Fausto to come clean about everything to his daughter. I’m sure that Aribeth’s recap gives plenty of details on the reasons for the impersonation, etc. Oh yes, David, in protecting Gabi, was shot by goons hired by Adolfo, our LVO jewel smuggler and resident novela sociopath.
There are several other plot lines, but these are most likely the major ones for this week. Viewerville, please feel to add or make corrections!
Wow, Zaida, is playing both ends against the middle. Either she is either really smart or really stupid!
Thank you Jeri for the links.
In this episode we saw kids having fun. Elsa and Caramelo had matching outfits at the beach. So very cute. Chicles kept destroying poor little Caramelo's sand castle. Chicles was eyeing Garnica's briefcase and curious about what was inside. Watch out Garnica, looks like you will be outsmarted by a young Chicles and your briefcase will be less one letter, lol.
Asuncion is still cleaning and dusting, and waiting for a phone call from the blackmailer. He should have gone to the beach with the others.
So funny how both Elsa and Ale were both eyeing each other uneasily, and JJ was avoiding any type of contact with Elsa almost as if he didn't know her and didn't know that she would also be there. Hahaha.
I've just finished the recap and sent it to Jeri. Thank you for your patience, my originally one day long new year's eve program lasted for two and a half days.
Welcome, Judy! :)
Wow, Sandy, thank you for updating the summary! :)
I liked that when David told Abelardo how stupid he had been about Gabi, and Abe tried to absolve him by mentioning all the intrigues and lies others told him, David said no matter, he should have considered the sources of that false info- Roberto, Carlos and Bertha. None of them good/trustworthy people. I liked that because it's the kind of logical thing we viewers always say. Nice to see a character with such a capacity for self reflection.
Sandy- I agree that Zaida is playing a dangerous game. But she must feel that Garnica is the better horse to bet on. I think I agree with her. He seems more vicious and vindictive than Adolfo. I wouldn't want to cross him either.
My favorite scene I think was Elsa and Caramelo both seeing the ocean for the first time and playing in it. To them it really was the eight wonder of the world like Aribeth so wonderfully described it. Both their faces reflected wonder, joy and excitement and you picked the perfect pictures of that moment. Elsa eyes reflecting the light off the water are also quite beautiful.
This episode was truly delightful
with the visit to the beach. I have been to Playa del Carmen and
thought this water looked similar;
the color of the water was gorgeous. I would love to visit PV. One of my friends, who went there last spring, told me it was gorgeous. I priced language schools there - very expensive. Like Vivi, I loved the scene with Elsa and Caramelo gazing
in wonder at the sea which extends "muy lejos." From my perspective, Elsa has gorgeous legs. She appears very natural and real to me. I especially enjoyed the friendly and seductive winks
from EY at commercial time.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
Your summary was extremely well written and inclusive of all important details. It appears you have great patience to plan and write this time-consuming post.
I'm interpreting this that you love this novela so much you just cannot resist sharing it with the
late arrivals. That was so kind and caring of you. Others made catch-up summaries a couple of weeks ago. You are all very generous with your time. Happy New Year, Sandy to your family and grandson.(s)
The Zen moment that Fausto and David seem to be having about David and Gabi being destined for each other got me thinking about Elsa's destiny. Her friendship with JJ and desire to keep him out of jail for trumped-up charges led her to meet Mauricio. And her fervor and loyalty to JJ in demanding Mauricio act immediately to clear things up caused Mauricio to become attracted to her. So if there was no JJ in her life, she wouldn't have met Mauricio, the man who will surely wind up being the love of her life.
with all negative comments about Elsa; as much as many wish to see her with kind, caring Mauricio with whom she will no doubt end up,
I find it very realistic that she is carrying the torch for JJ for this length of time. She was in love with him for years, and she cannot shake it yet. That kind of feeling cannot be turned off easily, especially after that kiss
he gave her, which in my opinion was the best kiss of the entire novela thus far. Intellectually, she may know that Mauricio would make a loving, dependable, refined, and very cultured husband, but the appeal of JJ is great, and in my book, as far as looks he's got it all over Mauricio. She'll get there eventually, but I can understand her feelings completely - been there - done that.
Now with regard to Gabi's new wardrobe mentioned in an earlier recap, I must take issue once again. I think the skirts and dresses she is wearing make her look matronly. I would like to see her in some elegant sleek pants and silk blouses. I think the new clothes appear to add pounds. I am
fairly thin and when I have attempted that style, I get the same effect....I think she looked
better in her jeans. Love all the comments..can't resist chirping in.
Floridia, I agree, however I don't think the clothes make Gabi look heavier, I think they make her look much older. I did like her look in jeans and I was always wondering what brand of jeans they were. I mean, the girl's got "junk in her trunk" (I do too!) and her jeans actually fit! I can't find any jeans that fit like that - in the waist as well as the hips! I don't want "mom jeans" and I refuse to wear any that expose... a'hem... "butt cleavage". There's a market out here for whatever brand of jeans Gabi was wearing. :DD
What a great picture of Mauricio! I'm a sucker for dimples and laugh lines. That man is absolutely deee-licious.
Speaking of Gabi's wardrobe--for the first half of this episode, she was in a bright yellow top and some form-fitting jeans. She looked great, not to hippy and definitely not too top heavy.
Then, she changed into a blue dress and all of a sudden she looked--yes--matronly. Someone doing the dailies should have said something to the producer/director to find better dresses for her.
Oh, well, we can't have everything. At least we got three nearly naked, fine-looking bods to view, but Mauricio should have lost his shirt. Maybe he will tonight after they go dancing.
Did anyone notice that EY wasn't the only one winking in this episode? His was at the break. David gave Gabi a really sweet wink when she was giving him his breakfast (Pt.3 at appx. 6 min.)
Floridia, On Elsa, “I find it very realistic that she is carrying the torch for JJ for this length of time.” I completely agree, we’ve all had to talk a friend through a bad loss, and most of us have had to talk ourselves through a bad loss and it takes a while, but.... JJ is obviously madly in love with Ale now, and realistically, Elsa is almost doing to Mauricio what JJ did to her, sending a murky, luke warm message. Am I being too harsh on her? I was patient for a while, but then I thought like Cher said in Moonstruck, “Snap out of it!” Of course, I’m not known for my PATIENCE! (Also, viewerville has seen the opening credits and we think we know the end of the story, so for this reason we might be rushing Elsa a bit!!!) Floridia, thanks for the holiday well wishes, like women all over the universe, I’m glad to be back to normal and yes, I love this novela!
Kate Middleton. I think very few
can wear that style well.
Loved the beach, loved the winks,
and loved the eagle eye of Chicles.