Thursday, December 02, 2010

La Fea Más Bella #111-112 12/2/10 It was the best of cap's, it was the worst of cap's.

Capitulo 111.
Read Amanda’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Julieta sets Matilde straight in no uncertain terms, then she jumps on Tomás for saying he’s engaged, and on Pop for NOT saying he’s married. Pop says, “Do you really think I’d trade my woman for a crazy like that?” Matilde starts chasing Tom instead – literally.

2. See the transcript. Fernando tells Lety how content he is and that he desires her, but Marcia calls to check up on and interrogate him. (Raise your hand if you think Marcia is nuts to want to marry him.) After hanging up, Fernando starts “ignition” kisses, but Lety pulls away and says, “No, wait.” Fernando says, “I thought you felt the same as me.” Lety says of course she does, but she saw someone outside (Pilar).

3. Julieta says that maybe she should open a catering business so she feels useful. Erasmo tells her that her work taking care of her home and family is very important, and she agrees that it’s a job she loves.

4. Super Fernando took the night off. Clark Kent Mendiola wants Lety to go scare off the intruders because she’s the assistant. They find Pilar and she refuses to leave. Finally, to make her give up, Lety tells her that Fernando is engaged to Marcia. Pilar leaves, Fernando tells Lety she shouldn’t have, and Lety answers that she defended him with the thing that hurts her most.

5. Fernando takes her home, and she says it was a marvelous night. He counters that it was a disaster. Lety insists it was wonderful, aside from.. See the transcript. Fern doesn’t want to stop kissing her goodnight.

6. Erasmo insists that he will go along to the shoot tomorrow, and Lety anticipates problems.

7. Lety tells Tom he can’t go because she doesn’t want Fernando to meet him, and Ali won’t be there anyway. She asks him why he’s so depressed, considering all the kisses he got. He says they’re not from the person whose kisses he wants. Lety used to tell Tom to stop dreaming because he would only get hurt. But now she tells him, “Keep dreaming because sometimes dreams come true.”


Capitulo 112.
Read Julie’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Lety tells her diary how moved she was to be at Fernando’s house. At first she felt bad invading Marcia’s turf. She had so much fun with him, and he said he had just as much fun with her. “We have the same sense of humor. I feel so complete at his side. He’s .. magical. Don Fernando is my reason to exist.” Uh-oh!

2. Omar calls from Germany and the woman in the yellow coat walks through the Marienplatz (Munich’s central square). She will walk through the square many times before we’re done in Germany. Fernando gushes about how marvelous their date was (we were tan enamorados), and Omar hangs up on him.

3. Morning. Lety asks Pop to be more careful about how he talks to her coworkers, and Pop takes offense. Lety and Mama agree that he’s imprudent but he has a good heart, and there’s nothing they can do.

4. Lety is afraid to tell Fernando that Julieta is cooking for the staff. Fern is aggravated when he discovers it, and even more disturbed to see Erasmo. Pop berates him for defiling his daughter, and he tells Fern that he’ll do whatever necessary to protect his daughter. Fernando quivers, but it was a fantasy.

5. Sara sets her sights on the tall, dark and silent security guard. Lety asks Pop to stay away from the filming. Pop meets two drunk club members on the fairway, and he asks them why they aren’t at work.

6. Fernando’s horse Camila has colic and the only horse available is Relámpago (lightening bolt) who is “muy bronco.”

Tomorrow: Tomorrow’s two episodes are total blither. But don’t lose hope. That marks the end of the worst of the underwear commercial. It gets better Monday.


Spanish Lesson

At the fireplace.
F: We ended up with no dinner, Lety.
L: That doesn’t really bother me.
F: I haven’t lit the fireplace in a long time. I like how it looks.
L: I’ve never experienced anything this romantic, Don Fernando.
F: Do you know what, Lety, I feel something different.
L: (Flirting.) Why? You don’t want me to leave?
F: Ay, Picarona (naughty)! No, no, it’s been a long time since I’ve felt so relaxed. I’m in my house, listening to good music, contemplating the fire, and desiring the woman who’s with me.

Marcia calls. M: I’m calling to see if you’re in your house. F: Yes, I’m here. M: Are you alone? F: Yes, alone, with my shadow (winks at Lety). M: Are you sure? Do you notice, you haven’t called me once since I left for Germany. F: I’m so busy with the commercial and all. M: You could at least pretend that you like me or that I’m important to you. F: Oh, stop saying that (notice he doesn’t refute it).

After hanging up the phone.
L: See, I told you. Marcia is always present.
F: Lety, I feel really bad, really uncomfortable.
L: With me?
F: No hombre! Don’t be that way. I feel really bad about myself. I just told Marcia that I’m here alone, and I don’t like to deny (negar – say that it’s not so) you. You’re very important to my life.
L: You didn’t negar me. I’m your shadow. That’s more than enough for me.

At Lety’s house.
L: Thank you for this marvelous night.
F: What are you talking about? Marvelous? Everything was a disaster, for goodness sake!
L: No, DF. Being in your house made me very happy. Aside from the presence of Marcia, but it’s always like that. And aside from the call from Marcia that also always happens.
F: Don’t forget the wonderful arrival of Pilar. What a wonderful guest, huh?
L: Well, if we’re going to talk about things like that, then (it was marvelous) aside from burning the fondue. And you didn’t know how to cut the bread. And the salad didn’t work, we didn’t make it. And also we didn’t make lo..
F: Ay yi yi! Picarona! Do you know what? Whenever we’re together it goes well, verdad?
L: You make everything worth the trouble (?). Everything has been fun and enjoyable.
F: It’s you that makes me enjoy it, Lety (?).
L: I love you, Don Fernando.
F: I promise, next time I’ll buy all the equipment for fondue.
L: Maybe it’s better if next time (??).
F: It’s true, isn’t it? You don’t just think about numbers, you think about food! You have everything all in order.
L: No, Don Fernando, it’s that.. always I think about you. They don’t want to stop kissing.

Labels:


Comments:
As Fernando and Lety each sit at home musing about their date, notice that they describe it in almost exactly the same words.

Fernando is simply boggled as he tries to tell his BEST FRIEND (except Lety) how important the night was, and Omar hangs up on him. Because he couldn't care less? Or because Omar doesn't like hearing that Fernando is happy with Lety?

Fernando fixates on the horse’s name, “Camila.” It could be a reference to Jaime’s last name, but also a reference to his favorite band, Camila.
 

I don't think Omar was either. I think he was distracted by the half dressed Fräulein in his room. Must say that Fern was at his best and worst today. Kind and loving to Lety yet telling her to go face the person lurking in the bushes, snapping at the persistent Marcia, being less that thrilled with the food situation.

Laughed at Marcia going apesh*t thinking that Fern had been with Pilar and then Omar mimicking the German. I can only think that the FIFA guys they are trying to impress must be less than overwhelmed what with Omar sneaking off making phone calls and Marcia shrieking like a mad woman.

The curatel and Tomas irritated me more than usual with their slapstick stupid behavior. Erasmo reminds me of a cocky little bantam rooster with the guard and the drunks on the golf course. No wonder Lety went into panic mode with the thought of him facing off with Fern.
 

Loved the title Paula. I have pretty much just FF>> every time the caurtel appear and will continue to do so for the next day or so.

Judy did you catch who the guy in the gold cart was? Non other than Don Gaston. Again I didn't recognize him until he started talking. But that gravely voice in unmistakable. It is fun to see all these characters sort of just pop up and I recognize them from some other novela.
 

Hi all, I haven't had a chance to watch in a couple of days. I was going to skip yesterday's episode but after reading the recaps no way will I miss it, or today's either.

Gotta dash off and do something so will try to catch up later. Awesome screen shots!
 

I too FF through the cuartel scenes. At first I was only FF through any kid scene, but now I find the clube very annoying and way too loud. I am hoping we get back to the real point of this story, it has been dragging on WAY too long.
The chemistry btw Fern and Lety is the only reason to watch!!!!
 

Gosh, after FFing thru the cuartel, Pilar & Matilde scenes, there's about only 10 minutes of Lety and Fernando together. What a waste.

I loved yesterday's supermarket and kitchen scenes. The only thing Fer knew how to pick out competently was wine. Guess he's never shopped for anything else there.
It's fun seeing him so relaxed and enjoying being with Lety. They really are made for each other.
If only he'd accept that now!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder