Wednesday, January 19, 2011

La Fea Más Bella #175-176 1/19/11 That's no way to talk to your boss.

Capitulo 175.
Read k-Fuego’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Fern arrives and asks if Lety called. He goes to his office which isn’t his office. When the phone rings he calls out to Lety who isn’t there. He hopefully answers it “Lety?”, the one who isn’t going to call. Omar tells Fern to wear a tie so he doesn’t look like a failure.

2. Lety helps the bellas study their lessons. She says not all bellas are empty headed.

3. Irmita’s daughter and granddaughter arrive in time. The priest gives last rites. Luigi tells Lucy that her abuela is awesome. Jorge arrives and thanks Luigi for setting him straight and making him come.

4. Fernando tells the meeting that Lety isn’t coming. Marcia snarks that she’s busy with more important things. (I think Lety’s just following Marcia’s commandment to never show her face again.)

5. See the transcript. Tom informs the meeting that Lety is out of town and won’t return for several days. They tell him they don’t have the paperwork necessary to transfer FI back to Conceptos, and Tom is not the owner of FI so he cannot make the transfer. Marcia and Ariel imply that Lety wants to keep Conceptos.



Capitulo 176.
Read Alma’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Lety repeats to the bellas the “harmony of nature” stuff, and Aldo hears it. He says, “The student has surpassed the teacher.”

2. Jorge overhears Rafael say, “Too late I realized how wrong I was to abandon you.” Later Irmita thanks Luigi for intervening; Jorge forgave Rafael before he died.

3. Humberto tells Tom to tell Lety why it’s so urgent for her to meet with them. Tom says he’ll talk to her tonight.

4. Fern explains to Tom that Lety really needs to show up. He begs Tom to tell her that he’s dying to see her. Tom says he doesn’t owe Fernando any favors (remember, Fern left Tom in a bloody heap), and he reminds Fern of all he did to Lety. Tom tells Fern Lety just wants him to leave her alone.

5. Aldo sees a wrecked minivan and it evokes a memory of a stormy night and an apparently-fatal car crash. He tells Caro and Lety to go away.

6. Caro takes Lety clothing shopping, but Lety’s not willing to cooperate.

7. Pop is ready to visit Conceptos to straighten out whatever Lety left undone, but Tom convinces him everything is fine. MamaJ makes Tom tell her what’s up with Conceptos. He says, “Lety has Conceptos embargoed. She’s the owner of $40M in capital.”

8. Omar is watching the bellas on TV, but Fern distracts him so neither of them see Lety in Acapulco.

9. Marcia tells MamaT that Fern is in love with Lety. She’s horrified.

10. Fernando gazes at Lety’s badge photo in his wallet and ponders, “Could it be that you were never in love with me?” PIGDOG!!!

11. Omar takes Fernando’s wallet, laughs at the picture, and calls her “Gargolita.” Fernando slams him against the cabinet and screams in his face, “I want to see if you dare call her “Gargolita” again!”


Spanish Lesson: Tomás Meets the Board

Humberto waves Tom to seat at his right, Tom doesn’t notice. Humb waves Ariel to same seat. Ariel stands behind throne instead. Tom takes seat, foot of table, next to Fern. Tom’s very nervous.
Humb: We’re consternated that Lety didn’t attend.
Tom: I don’t know why. Didn’t Fern tell you she’s traveling and won’t be back these days?
Ariel: Is Lety conscious of the urgency with which we need her here?
Tom tries to to answer. Fern puts a hand on his wrist, to say, “Let me handle this.” Fern: I wasn’t able to contact her. I could only leave messages.
Tom: She was informed of the meeting but didn’t know exactly what it was about, so she sent me as her legal representative. I’m a partner of FI since its inception until she decided to turn it over to you.
Atny: You’re a legal rep but not the owner. You can’t do what’s necessary so Conceptos can be freed from the embargo. Nor so that the total assets of FI pass into the hands of the Mendo-Reals.
Tom: True, but Lety left a letter authorizing you to undertake those transactions.
Ariel: (Aggressively.) That was inadequate. She may be a financial expert but she’s not an attorney and should not mess with legal matters.
Marc: That is, if she actually intends to return the company.
Tom: What are you insinuating, señorita?
(Fern puts his hand on Tom’s wrist.) F: It’s okay.
Marc: Aver, Sr Mora, DÓNDE ESTÁ LETICIA PADILLA?
Tom: I’m sorry, I cannot tell you that. She did not authorize me to give that information. Don Fernando knew that ever since he went to her house to look for her.
Marc: It seems suspicious to me that Lety left on a trip just now.
Tom: It would be suspicious if neither of us came. But I am here to show my face.
Ariel: Your face is ugly, but it’s not sufficient.
Tom: Well then, you’ll have to wait until she returns. Period.
Humb: I’m not authorized to answer that.
Ariel: If she doesn’t present herself immediately, we’ll have to take other measures.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you, Pata, for another great picture.

Reminder, those of you with the complete DVD set, today's second cap is labeled 177 on your disk but it's really 176. That one-off error will continue for the duration.

I think one of Ariel's snarks in the meeting is a double entendre although he doesn't know it. "Leticia nos abandonó a su flamante (brand new) novio." I think it can mean she sent her novio instead of herself, or it can mean she left us and chose her novio instead of us.
 

Paula,
My entire disc 36 is of cap 176. and none of it plays after Fern & Omar in the boardroom talking about bellezas.
I tried disc 37 and it does start with a cap I haven't seen yet, its marked 181.

And you are correct in saying I can FF Aldo and not miss anything. Didn't even care why he went into some sort of traffic accident flashback. Know why don't care, no reason to care. He's just filler. I much prefer Lety's interaction with the bellezas and Caro.

I also FF'd the entire Irmita's casa. Never did hear that old man speak. I take it from the recap he finally kicked it. Yahhh, Now, hope they don't have some kinda long drawn out funeral which will more forever slog this story along.

Diann
 

That screen shot was the perfect moment to capture the mood of that meeting. Thanks, Pata.

I love the interaction between Lety and the Bellezas. And her comparison of her bright bellezas to the empty headed Alicia was very amusing.

I also enjoy the newer softer Luigi. He was funny trying to find a way to talk to the granddaughter. Alicia is often too annoying for words but she was really funny trying to block the way into the elevator. That was also some good physical comedy when Tomás was trying to hide from Alicia in the midst of the cuartel.

I forgot to say thanks yesterday for the link to the Christina show when curly mopped Camil sang to Vale. I never saw her before this role so it was great for me to see what she really looks like.

Güera
 

Just watching these episodes now. Thomas is facing the sharks. It is kind of sweet how Fernando keeps reaching over to him to calm him down while evryone else is going off on him.

It is also fun to see how everyone is being so nice to Lety. She really needs that after all the stuff she went through at Conceptos.


Thanks again Paula.
 

I know a lot of you want to fast forward through Aldo but what you have to understand is that he is a healing time for Lety and a time of finding herself. He's going to be her guide and through it all will eventually lead by to Fernando. She can't truly learn to love and support Fernando until she learns to love herself and Fernando can't learn to love Lety as she needs to be loved until he learns to completely, unselfishly learn to love another. It may be that Fernando will see Lety happy with Aldo and because he loves her so much and knows how much pain he has caused her, he will be willing to step aside for her happiness. Remember that each has to lose everything before they gain what is truly important!
 

Barbara, that's beautiful!!!
 

Hello all:

I agree wholeheartedly with Barbara and I don't mind the Aldo bits at all. I like the energy he brings to Lety - they are sweet together and I won't repeat what Barbara mentions, but it's true she has to heal & learn to love herself before she can truly love anyone else! Otherwise she'd be stuck in that same vicious circle.

I feel like the eps today have been the absolute happiest I've seen Lety in this entire series. I missed pretty much the first half (read the re-caps), but until I see the video on it all - i've never seen her so happy. It's a really nice tone for her and I hope they can keep some of it around until it's time for her to go back home and face all of the demons waiting there for her.

Now hearing about your DVD problems Dianne, I'm wondering what the quality will be like with my discs. I guess there's no way to send them back if there's a problem since it isn't the most "legal" operation huh?

Just want to say again thanks for the recaps. I'm lucky enough that I can squeeze in little time to watch the show while I'm traveling...although I have a meeting on Friday during the show (so bummed, but hope it's not an important show).
 

Diann, sorry I didn't answer all day. Life on spin cycle.

I suspect Te-lenovelas WILL respond to you - they have answered others in the past. The question is, is the problem on your disk or their master? My disk 36 is fine, and so is Pata's, who got hers maybe a year ago. If GP's Disk 36 is okay, then the master is fine and I'm sure you can get a replacement. If their master got corrupted since Pata got her set, you're stuck.

Barbara, I'm really enjoying your predictions. I hope you don't mind; I'm keeping track of them to remind you when you turn out correct. (I promise I'll never shout, "NEENERS! You were wrong!")

GP, you make a good point about Lety's happiness. Her happiness with Fernando was always dampened by the shadow of his marriage looming over her. In all her life, who else has been really close and 100% in her corner? Mom, Pop, and Tom. Nobody else. Even Caro hasn't gotten too close. And NO man has ever paid this kind of attention to her - the Fernando relationship was all about him. Aldo is not the perfect man - far from it. But compared to her perception of Fernando and Miguel, he's downright angelic!

Note, I'm not defending Aldo, only defending Lety for being a bit taken with him. I was never an Aldo lover nor an Aldo hater during this stage. He certainly has been good therapy.
 

Speaking of predictions. Here are two that you can look at in retrospect.

Barbara's, Cap 155/156. (Fernando fights Tom)
"She'll leave to protect herself and him. He won't marry Marcia because, even though he's been quite the cad, he won't be able to bring himself to marry and be with anyone but Lety. She, on the other hand, will run - my guess - and run far away. … Fern has hit rock bottom and when Lety goes, I don't think he'll have the heart to be Conceptos' president.
Even though the causes were different, you got everything right in the results except he didn't hit bottom yet.

Diann's, 153/154
I am hoping Ms. Maaaarcia gets a good look at that card!!!!! (Sooner or later)
Yes, Diann, you got your wish. Boy howdy!

About Fern talking to Tom in his office. I think if he was going to ask someone for a big favor that his happiness hinged on, maybe he should've started by asking forgiveness for beating Tom to a bloody pulp. And Fern says, "I know she’s very hurt by everything that happened." Note, he doesn't apologize for HIS actions, only that nebulous "what happened."

Fernandito, you're going to keep on sinking until you let go of what's pulling you under the flood. How much more do you have to suffer before you get a clue?
 

I don't remember how I ran across it but somewhere while looking for a couple of episodes that I had missed I encountered a plot summary or something -- major spoiler for me. So I knew that there was going to be an Aldo, I just didn't know what he would be like. I pictured a down home kind of guy. Instead we get a fabulously rich & famous chef, author and owner of a chain of restaurants (I think that was what he said?!?) At first that bothered me but now I see that the healer/lover had to come from that same world as Fernando. It's the only way Lety will see that his wealth and social class and her lack of it is not what makes her feel unworthy and out of place. Learning to move comfortably in this world will be a big part of her learning to accept and love herself.

Sometimes I have gotten angry at Fernando for being so thick, for not seeing what was before his eyes and for not seeing what Lety really needed from him. But I am really appreciating the slow evolving of many of the characters. Omar hasn't come to yet but his level of confusion is a sign that he's starting to try to process Fernando's state of mind even if he can't yet comprehend it. I'm beginning to think that there may be hope for even the most self centered of these characters. Teresit? Humberto? Alicia? Is it possible even for Ariel?????

Güera
 

Yes, Güera, that slow evolution of characters is what I love best about Fea. It's the story of how a man falls in love. Not by falling off a cliff, but instead by tiny steps.

Interesting, your projection about other characters changing. I notice you didn't mention Marcia.

About Aldo's restaurants. Both the book and the restaurants are things he's working on. Neither is a reality yet.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder