Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cuando Me Enamoro #1 Wednesday 4/20/11 "Totally in disbelief of how his day is going..."

I'm posting this for Marta, who has kicked off the show. Thanks, Marta!

Intro, voiceover:
You will love and hate at first sight! Here begins the grand beginning of an extraordinary story of vengeance, ...
Jero: Whoever has to pay will pay…
Voiceover: Intrigue…
Jero: two sisters who are not worth anything.
Voiceover: Hatred…
Woman’s voice: And there is a woman to blame…
Voiceover: Where right when you expect it the least...
Renata: I don’t even know him and he already changed my world (?)
Voiceover: Love is born!
A super production with a first rate cast who will sow intrigues and treasons…
With the lead man.. Juan Soler…
Decided to not lose comes… Sylvia Navarro!
Prepared to win everything comes… Jessica Coch!
Enter into a world where feelings get confused… (Jero: Who is this woman??)… and the vengeance will transform into sin… the purity of what the heart feels…
A challenge begins… a confrontation between reason and what the heart commands… you will learn what happens when you really fall in love!...

Intro with Enrique Iglesias and Juan Luis Guerra’s theme ‘Cuando me enamoro’
Original story by Caridad Bravo Adams, ‘version libre’ script

As part of the credits we can see (a scene copied right out of ‘a walk in the clouds’ movie … did anyone ever see a non-sexy version of a barefoot woman dancing over grapes … Sylvia looks very SEXY with the antique dress on!!...) winery grape crushing ceremony with Renata (Sylvia Navarro) right in the middle of it.
All of a sudden everyone is getting a close-up… a clean shaven Luis Gatica (Santiago from orig La Mentira 98), a very young looking Yolanda Ventura (Azucena from Corazon Salvaje 93), a young looking Alejandro Ruiz (Adrian from Esmeralda 97),

(some dining room someplace)
Regina: As long as I live, as long as I continue breathing!... I will continue to look for my daughter!...

(in another place in the universe)
Pepa(to Renata): You have no idea how much I am ashamed of you and of being your mother…

(back to Regina)
Regina: I am going to find her, Ines. I am going to find her. (we see a glance of Renata smiling)

(for some reason somewhere Regina and Renata meet and hug)
Regina: (thinks… My God, why do I get so worried about that girl and her family?)

Renata: (very moved, teary eyed) When I hugged Regina I felt something really special!

Rafa on his knees with a ring for Roberta : Do you want to marry me?

Later on Rafa is calling Jeronimo
Rafa: I am getting married, Jeronimo!! She is the best woman in the world! (on other end Jeronimo smiles happily)

Pepa: Over my dead body!! You hear me?? (as we see Roberta an Rafa kissing, then we see Rafa wounded holding his belly and falling to floor fainting)

Some farm girl very anxiously shouts very upset…: ‘La bonita’ killed him!! ‘La bonita’!! She was the killer!! (as we see Rafa dying on floor, reaching for the cell phone)

(Rafa had a gun in his hand… someone takes a black silk handkerchief out of his hand)
Man’s voice: Everything seems to indicate that he committed suicide…

Jeronimo arrives at the gate of the hacienda ‘La bonita’, there is a black bow on top.
Jeronimo: Why do they say that my brother killed himself for a woman?
(later, more upset wringing a paper in his hand) Who of this woman?? What is the name of this ‘bonita’?? (he is yelling it to same girl who yelled that ‘la bonita’ killed him)

As Pepa is telling Roberta ‘Don’t worry, dear.. your man will come… And I swear it on my life that your sister won’t take him away from you…’ We see Jeronimo kiss Roberta, then Renata arrives and he stares at her… Later we see Jeronimo kiss Renata… we see Roberta on phone or taking a picture with her phone saying ‘you fell in (a trap?) already, Jeronimo, you fell in’
Then Renata and Jeronimo are kissing again and coming out of the elevator we see Roberta and some other young guy. They are surprised and possibly upset when they see Jeronimo kissing Renata… and just as Renata was telling Jeronimo something about Roberta (with a sad face as if this she is about to say hurts her)
Roberta: You were kissing the man I was dating!! (she is really angry, the guy is also breathing hard angry)

Renata (to Jero, continuing the scene following their first kiss) Well, I don’t know why, but she hates me!

The guy runs back to elevator, Roberta runs right at Renata and begins roughing her as if we were watching a Jerry Springer show with women going at each other for a man… Roberta is yelling something like ‘you will not take him away from me!!’

Jeronimo, back in his hotel room, looks at a picture of Renata and Roberta… ‘some day I will meet you face to face…’

We see when a very excited Roberta introduces herself to Jeronimo… 'I am Roberta!'

Jeronimo shakes her hand but his face is ice cold…

Jeronimo telling Renata ‘I adore you’…

Jero: Something here does not quite add up, Renata…

Jero: I don’t want you to be the woman I have to hate for having betrayed… and led my brother to his death…

(we have opera tragedy type music…)
Jero(toasting): For your ‘bonita’… (my guess is he is facing a picture or an object of his brother Rafael’s)

(sudden time reverses 24 yrs… to Mexico City)

Some guy is driving his lady to hospital, she is in hard labor…
It is Roberto, Regina is in labor a month ahead of her due date… (I guess this is important since they make a point of this, both he and she)

Once they arrive at the ER, Roberto runs to the door and yells for help, A gurney, please!! My ‘mujer’ is about to give birth!!... She manages in between pains to tell him she loves him and to call her mom… sure! … she is rolled away.. his pager goes off… He calls from a pay phone…

On other side… somewhere in Cuernavaca…
Rob: Isidro, what was that paging message about?
Isi: Pepa is in labor!
Rob: WHAT??! (this must be SOME MAN!! Not only get two women pregnant but both are in labor on same day!! Well, I did see that at least once more… in Entre el Amor y el Odio) She called me because she did not find you at home!... Have no idea how she got my contacting info!... Why don’t you come here?
Rob: I can’t! Regina is…
Isi: Well, I will take her to the hospital, don’t worry… I will contact you if anything happens (we see Pepa in full labor holding on to door frames.. yelling at Isidro let’s go!!
At hospital O.R., Regina will have to get C-section surgery, the baby is coming butt-first and is in fetal distress…

Roberto is in waiting area of labor and delivery pacing back and forth, working on digging a ditch in the hard wood floor… (Ok, people, for your info, most C-sections only take a few minutes… so do we need several scenes of Roberto digging a ditch in the waiting room?)

Finally! Cute baby! Regina holds it very relieved and crying with happiness… Doctor gives Roberto the good news, had to do C-section but they are healthy…
(OK, this is very weird… we suddenly have in the background a version of ‘Cuando me enamoro’ song that I believe was sung by Angelica Maria in the 70s… the happy family scene with this disturbing song in the background… The nurse sends Roberto out of the labor room, he will have to wait until she is moved to a hospital room.

Out in waiting area, Isidro is now there, Roberto is surprised and angry…
Rob: Isidro, why did you bring Pepa here? Why didn’t you take her to the hospital over there at Cuernavaca?
Isi: Because she did not want me to take her there! She demanded me to bring her here! She said her doctor is here and she had it all pre-arranged! It is more than an hour away! I was afraid it would be born in the car!!
( Roberto’s anxiety level has gone up from defcon 3 to defcon 1!!)
Rob: No, no! This can’t be happening!!
Isi: Roberto if you did not know that Pepa was coming to this hospital, what are you doing here?
Rob: Regina’s labor came ahead! My daughter was just born!
Isi: What?? It can’t be! Who could say that the daughters of your wife and lover were going to be born on the same day and at the same place?

(just as if by clockwork, Pepa’s daughter is handed to her.. Roberto comes to see her)
Pep: Roberto.. I knew you would not fail me, I knew you would not leave me alone at your daughter’s birth… (he is totally in disbelief of how his day is going)

Some days later at a decently wealthy house…
Cata: (holding a baby and speaking to it) Yes, dear, I am your grandmother Cata. You can recognize me already, right? (Roberto is smiling at Regina, who is resting on the bed smiling back at him) She’s’ laughing with me!! You are so pretty!... But your mother wants you to be with her so I will hand you over to her… (hands her to Roberto who hands her to Regina… and again we get the disturbing Angelica Maria Cuando me enamoro song…)
Rob: I love you, Regina. I wish this moment lasted forever…
Cata offers to go get a camera to take pictures…
Rob: My love, swear to me that you will never stop loving me as much as I love you.
Reg: My love, how do you think I will stop loving you? If you are the best man in the world? You and this little baby girl are the best gift life has given me…
Rob: Sometimes I feel like I don’t deserve you…
Reg:What is wrong, my love? Since post-partum syndrome is supposed to be something that women get, not men…
Rob: No, no. I am not depressed. But I worry that someone might harm you or the baby.
Reg: At your side, nothing can happen to us. We are safe and happy with you.
Rob: My love, what if we moved far away? I don’t know, to another country.
Reg: Roberto…what is wrong? That is not the usual you.
(There is a phone call, Cata answers and comes to tell Roberto that someone called from his office [or so they said] saying it is an urgent matter…)
Rob: Thank you Dona Cata.. .but first take a picture of me and my two loves.
(sweet family picture time… say cheeessseeee!!)
Rob answers the phone…
Pepa: Roberto!! You said you would come see your daughter and me!!
Rob: (he is still with Reg and Cata) Yes, but I have a busy morning. Tell the licenciado to excuse me and I will call him later.
Pepa: I want you here!! I want you here right now, Roberto!! I already heard you taking pictures with your ‘two loves’!! And here you have other ‘loves’!!
Rob: At this moment I am with my wife and daughter, and I can’t see anyone.
Pepa: Well you will have to!! Because here is your other daughter and she also needs you!! And if you don’t come, Roberto, you will regret it!! Your family will pay for that, I will take care of it!! I swear it Roberto!! (Roberto has a super anxious face)

Roberto ends up visiting Pepa…
Pep: I am so glad you came! (she tries to hug him but he stiffs up…)
Rob: Pepa!...
Pep: We have to toast!..
Rob: NO, we have to talk!
Pep: Yes, we have to talk about our situation and of your daughter Roberta!
Rob: Did you name the baby Roberta?
Pep: Yes! Roberta! Like you, her father!! So you will never forget that you have a daughter who carries your name and your blood!
Rob: All this situation hurts me, Pepa.
Pep: No more than me… I believed that AT LEAST I would give you your first child!! But I wasn’t counting on your wife jumping ahead of me!! My poor daughter! She is already at a disadvantage for being the ‘ilegitimate’!
Rob: Pepa! Unfortunately I can’t change the past! I don’t like having a daughter in these conditions! I hate myself for it! But the fact is that I have a wife and daughter and I cannot be with you as you want!!

Back at Rob’s house Regina tells mom she wants Roberto to find her and the baby together when he gets back home…
Cata:… I have to recognize that I was wrong about your husband… He is so in love with you and so happy about your daughter’s birth!
Reg: You see?? And you were so against our getting married!
Cata: I did not because it was all so rushed! We knew nothing about him!!

Back to the argument.
Pepa: I came to your life before she did! I was the one you betrayed!! You went on vacation and came back married and with another woman!!
Rob: I never lied to you! You always knew I did not love you! There was never any commitment between us!
Pep: But now I have a daughter of yours!! And this ties you to me forever!!
Rob: Understand this, Pepa. We made a mistake conceiving that girl. It was not a planned pregnancy nor a product of love!!
Pep: Don’t call my daughter a mistake! (you got that one point right, crazy woman!) Not at all! And don’t speak for me! I love you! I love you as noone loves you. So… leave Regina, start a new life with me… with our girl…
Rob: I am sorry but that cannot be. You and I were irresponsible and we can’t take back time. We have to solve this situation as soon as possible!
Pep: And WHAT is your solution?? WHAT?? WHAT IS IT?? To get rid of me and the girl?? And avoid your wife from finding out that you have a lover and another daughter?? WHAT??
Rob: What I propose to you is for you to go live outside Mexico.
Pep: NO, not even dead… My place is here, here beside the father of my daughter, of the man I love… so don’t make me hate the fact that I love you, Roberto. Don’t make me.
Rob: And you don’t make me hate having ever met you.
(there it is! The set-up!!... we have a commercial of Sal y Pimienta showing the 50 beautiful people of People en Espanol on apr 28th at 10/9pm.)

More cheesy scenes with Regina and Cata sweet talking about the love story of Regina and Roberto… Regina says it was love at first sight… Cata says it was same with her and her late husband Jose… and they will be just as happy… Regina keeps saying the baby is the best blessing for a couple who love each other so much…

Argument continues… he will send her a monthly expenses amount… but Pepa won’t accept… if he tries to get rid of her and her baby, his wife will find out everything… Roberto insists he will come through for them but only if they leave… Roberto even offers to leave his fortune in equal parts to his two daughters in his will… Pepa says it is no good if my daughter has to wait that long… Roberto says they will get it when they turn 25. At that time they will find out they have a fortune and also a sister sharing the wealth evenly… Pepa accuses him of being a ‘poco hombre’. He agrees But it is the only solution he can come up with… Pepa kicks him out…

Roberto gets home and is moved at seeing Regina and the baby… he is so sad,
Rob thinks: ‘how could I be so stupid and risk our happiness?... how?’

Possibly some time later… Rob is coming out of the office… pepa comes to him…
She has decided to take his offer… He is very visibly relieved… Have you thought about where you want to go? … not yet.. when I know I will let you know.

More cheesy ‘love you, you make me happy’ scenes with Regina, he gives her a second diamond ring… cheesy cheesy cheesy… (again that old Cuando me enamoro chorus…)

A year later…
At the architecture firm he shares with Isidro… Roberto is telling him that he and his baby daughter share a small/minor heart condition… seems Pepa is hard to locate/track… she collects the monthly money but moves from one place to another frequently… Roberto is concerned he has another daughter but doesn’t even know where she is… Isidro twists the knife… ‘children pay for their parents sins/mistakes’.

Birthday party time… Regina and Cata celebrate Renata’s first steps… They comment that Renata looks like her dad… they also talk about her heart condition but we will take care of her and fill her with love…
Roberto has not got around to modifying his will to add Roberta to it… Isidro says Roberto has just not got around to do it yet, Roberto says Monday will do for sure.

Roberto says can’t help wonder where my other daughter will spend her 1st bday.
Pepa calls Roberto’s house, again faking it being a call about business…
Ines (the godmother) calls to say can’t come to the party, have the flu. The happy dad arrives, with two ‘R’ pendant necklaces, one for daughter and one for wife. (so both mother and daughter have exactly the same ‘R’ pendant)
Isidro is the godfather, he is going to get the camera…
Roberto and Regina are in another cheesy kissy conversation, which gets interrupted when Pepa arrives with her daughter. Roberto turns around slowly not really willing to face whats behind him…
Reg: Hi, I am Regina, Roberto’s wife.
Pep: And I am Pepa. I am…
Rob: (interrupting) Pepa is an old friend of mine I ran into the other day and I invited her to the party…
Reg: Your daughter is so pretty. How old is she?
Pep: She turns one today.
Reg: What a coincidence! Your daughter and mine were born on the same day!
Pep: (ironic tone) What a coincidence! Although I can see your daughter has everything! She has a dad, a mom and an economic status worthy of envy! My daughter and I on the other hand, have nothing! Her dad just disengaged from us completely!
Reg: I am so sorry Pepa.
Pep: Well there are men like that. They don’t ASSUME their responsibility and abandon their children just like that! But… I am glad to share this moment with you all.
Reg :What about we let the girls blow out the candles on the cake together? That way we will let them both celebrate!
(Regina goes to get another candle for the cake… Roberto drags Pepa away for a moment and she hands her baby to Cata, saying to the girl ‘enjoy the party as if it was yours!’, Cata is taken aback with both girls in her arms…)

Isidro is telling Regina that Roberto himself designed the pendant he gave her. She is not surprised and says she is fortunate to have a man who loves her so much. Regina finds another candle but it is not same type as ‘Regina’s (I think she goofed and meant Renata). Isidro is taken aback at learning that Pepa and her daughter are there…
Roberto is dragging Pepa in living room and they are arguing not quite low enough to not call the attention..
Rob: Been looking for you for a year and you decided to show up here precisely today!
Pep: Yes!! Today! Because my daughter too has the right to enjoy a birthday party with all these luxuries and all these presents!!
Rob: NO, I don’t think you are here for that! With the check I send you monthy you can give your daughter the party you want!! What is it you are pretending coming here showing yourself in front of my wife??
Pep: For my daughter to spend with her father and sister the first birthday party of her life!!
(outside, Regina is telling Isidro that her daughter and Pepa’s daughter are alike, which makes Isidro uncomfortable. He tries to prevent Regina from going inside to look for a candle more alike Renata’s but she insists in going in herself…)
Inside,
Rob: All this time I have been waiting to get news of Roberta!
Pep: Precisely it was about that!! For you to fulfill your promises! To appreciate us!! To value us!! To miss us!! By the way, did you update your will as we agreed??
Rob: Yes, I did (Liar!!) Now you better leave!
Pep: Alright, I will leave. (Regina comes behind Roberto and is listening along with Cata holding Pepa’s daughter) But first I want to ask you to go to the hotel to celebrate the birthday of your other daughter! (Regina and Cata are stupefied)
Reg: Pepa’s daughter is yours?... (again Roberto slowly turns around with a hurt face) Is she your daughter, Roberto?? Tell me it is not true!! Tell me you have not deceived me!! Tell me, Roberto!! (she begins up the stairs…Roberto runs after her trying to get her to let him explain but to no avail)

Isi: I always knew you are a bad person!! I should have supposed you were not going to stay behind with your arms crossed!
Pep: Noone mocks me and my daughter… Not even Roberto, even as much as I love him!
Isi: Pepa, You don’t know about love. I don’t even think you feel it for your daughter. All you care about is the money and social standing!
Pep: Even if you don’t believe it, I do love that man. And I want him for myself! And I now my daughter is a good way to get my way!
Isi: you are not going to get away with it!
Pep: We will see. Because now that Regina knows the truth, she would be too dumb if she forgave him.
Isi: If you think you already won, you are wrong. Maybe Roberto will lose Regina but you will not have him either.
Pep: You don’t know me much. He will be mine… or nobody’s.
Isi: (showing her the way to the door) … Goodbye! (Pepa gives Isi a matches card for the hotel she is staying at, tells him to tell Roberto to come see her… if he doesn’t want more trouble from me…)

(Upstairs Regina and Cata are packing for themselves and the baby and Regina won’t listen to Roberto’s attempts to explain… if you loved me you would not have betrayed me… you destroyed my life and my dreams… but you won’t destroy my daughter’s… What happened between her and I was a mistake and it happened before I met you! / then why didn’t you tell me? / Because I was afraid to lose you. / You are losing me now and not because of having a daughter but for not having told me! … /Don’t destroy our family! I am stupid, I know! But I love you! Without you and without my daughter my life means nothing! / I can’t forgive your deception, perhaps Pepa and your other daughter will receive you! / I don’t a family with Pepa and that girl, I want to be with you and my Beba! / The is no room in my life for you anymore …
Isidro advises Roberto to give Regina time, and gives her the match card from Pepa
Isidro catches Regina and Cata, he swears to them that if Roberto had not told her about it it was because he was afraid to lose her (Regina). But Regina has to go… not sure where yet… (ok, if the are so rich, why is she driving a car more than 10 yrs old?)

At hotel, Pepa is waiting for Roberto but realizes she has no milk for the baby, steps out of room leaving Roberta sleeping in between pillows…(OUCH!! What a mother!!)
Er…
Regina ends up at Ines place… tells her what Roberto did.

Roberto catches Pepa on her way back with the milk, they argue again out in the sidewalk… Regina will never take you back!! Accept it!! We are the only family you have left!! / I don’t want to see you ever!! You don’t know how much I hate you!! / I on the other hand will love you till death!! Let’s go see your daughter! / For me you are dead already!! / IF I am dead to you I swear to you that your other daughter and your wife will also be!! / Don’t you dare, Pepa!! (he has a heart attack and she pushes him through the glass store window (what for?? ) she thinks he is dead and runs back to her hotel room to pick up Roberta and flee … Passing by him she seems to smirk a smile of satisfaction…

Later we see what seems like Pepa has broken into Roberto’s office, sees Renata’s doctor test report on her heart condition and Pepa begins to curse the kid… her own kid is crying hard… Pepa finds Roberto’s will, ‘damn you! You lied to me about updating your will!! Here it does not mention my daughter in your will!! It only says that when Regina’s daughter turns 25 she will receive your inheritance!! WHAT ABOUT MY DAUGHTER, YOU WRETCH?? I will take revenge on them where it hurts the most!!
At Ines place, Ines reminds Regina that Roberto has a right to stay in touch with his daughter. Cata turns back around against Roberto, Ines believes that Roberto did not her so he would not lose her or his daughter… Regina says he lost them both for good.

At least next day, Pepa is scanning the papers nervously, but does not find any announcement that Roberto is dead…
At the house, Cata has come back for some things and tells Isidro that Roberto did not come home to sleep, he is obviously with the other woman!!

In reality Roberto is at a hospital recovering…

Pepa was watching over Roberto’s house and follows Cata back to where she is staying with Regina… when Regina goes to take her daughter to the park in the stroller, Pepa follows her. Seems like Pepa hires a guy to steal Regina’s purse to make Regina run after him and create distraction so she can steal Renata. (But she must do it in record time because Regina is back just a few seconds later and Renata is gone without a trace. Not even Scotty could have beamed up the baby girl so fast). Regina goes crazy upset when she realizes her daughter was stolen… people walk around in ooh ahhh but don’t seem to do much to help her.

In the previews for ep 2, Pepa registers both girls under her name alone.

I have to say that at least in this first episode Margarita Magana did an outstanding acting job as Pepa… and I have to say I like what I have seen so far…except for that old song ‘Cuando me enamoro’… it seems like we are tuning to a very cheesy TVLand mexican radio version. Very accurate detail to have pagers and pay phones instead of cell phones 25 yrs ago. But rotary phones even at rich households? Ugh!
Looks to me like this will be La Mentira with the extra twist of stolen baby thrown in.

Labels:


Comments:
CHF - love the dialog recap. I was watching/listening and busy doing some online work, so this was really helpful getting everything straight.

Love your " Isi: What?? It can’t be! Who could say that the daughters of your wife and lover were going to be born on the same day and at the same place?" The TN gods of course...how else would we have a show?

So I admit, got me a bit hooked to keep tuning in again to see if this continues to keep me interested. Going to miss the humor of Llena at this hour, but a little cheesy emoting might be fun too.
 

Marta: This was excellent. I so appreciate your taking the time to explain the various scenes in the intro. Very well done.

Your translating the conversations so well was very helpful. You covered everything perfectly. I'm usually dazed and confused with the first episode but your amazing details kept me on track.

I swore that I wasn't going to get involved with this. Sebastian Rulli and Margarita Magana quickly changed my mind. And Luis Gatica has been a favorite since I caught Rubi reruns. Stellar cast.

Diana
 

Wow, this thing started off with a lot of drama. Thanks Martaivette. That was a lot of emotional dialogue to get through.

It was really odd to see Sebastian Rulli and Margarita playing these roles, right before seeing them in Teresa. There are a lot of familiar faces in this, in both the 25 years before and in what will be the present. Nati from TdA was Regina's friend the madrina. And half the cast of Manana es Para Siempre will be in the present it seems. That was a strange preview of things to come that they gave us. It seemed to give the whole plot away.

By the way, the baby's name IS Regina, like her mother. It wasn't a mistake. I think Pepa changes her name to Renata, how she will be known from now on. Ohterwise, I think it would be way easier for her mom to find her. Instead we see in the preview that they feel the call of the blood, but don't know why. I'm sure their "R" pendants will come in to play to help solve the mystery and reveal Renata to be Regina Jr.

I also thought Margarita did a great job as young Pepa. What a witch!

I think Regina should forgive Roberto. Yes, he made a HUGE mistake not telling her that the girl he was banging right before they met, had their whirlwind romance, and married, turned up pregnant (likely on purpose). But he wasn't having an affair with her, he never loved her, and they were never in a serious relationship. He dumped Pepa as soon as he met Regina. But the damage had already been done. He's providing financially for his other daughter. What more can he do? (Aside from ackowledge her publicly.) Yes, she has a right to be mad. But end her marriage and take her daughter away from her husband?

The two babies were really cute and they did pick babies who looked alike.
 

Martai: Thanks! I haven't had a chance to read all of it yet, but am marvelling at how you caught all that muffled and garbled stuff at the beginning and wrote it down for us! Wow! The dialogue went so fast and people were talking over each other so I'm going to rewatch the dvd before I comment. Just thanks again for such a great first night intro!
 

ITA. the cast is excellent! I love Luis Gatica, David de la Mota, Yolanda Ventura and all the senior actors are great.



btw, one correction... Roberto and REgina name their daughter REgina, but seems that Pepa will change her name tonight to REnata to avoid being recognized easily.
 

vivi, thanks for the correction, we posted at same time.

ITA that REgina should forgive Roberto, since it probably happened as he said, and I agree that Pepa might have got pregnant as a planned strategy.
But if it happened the way he said, things were quick at that time, weren't they? (Regina said her daughter was only a bit over a month premature...

Love the actor playing Isidro... he was at end of Cuidado con el Angel too...
 

Thank you for the recap. What a one-hour rant this turned out to be. Are the actresses playing the part of Pepa in this novela and the one playing the part of Aida in "Teresa" the same person?

The screaming sounded so familiar.

So far, ít looks like the writers have used the stolen baby plot right up front. But, since I've only been watching novelas for a couple of years, this is the first time I've seen two women give birth at the same time - when the fathr is the same. Yikes!
 

With a rich guy, two daughters born on the same day to different women, the ex-GF stealing the wife's baby, we're certainly off to a flying start!

Pepa is certainly a piece of work and of course we know that Roberta will be just like her. Great casting job, as Jessica Coch and Margarita Magana resemble each other.

Can't wait to see Julieta Rosen again; she was the star of the first novela I ever watched, Madres Egoistas. Her daughter was stolen in that story, too!

One more example of two daughters born on the same day was in a Rebeca flashback. Sergio Montalban's wife and ama de llaves gave birth on the same day, though not in the same place. The wife's baby was stillborn while the other baby was healthy. He switched the two babies and the ama de llaves' daughter was raised in privilege.
 

Oh Marta,

Thank you for this recap, I thought after watching my first TN with Eva Luna, I wouldn't find anything else. I've been waiting for this TN to start. Only thing I'm disappointed in is that it isn't captioned in English. But as I know from Eva Luna sometimes the close captions aren't all that great.
This TN seems to have started off pretty good, one guy two women both giving birth on the same day by the same man. and Hey a baby kidnap on the first day.

Vivi I to was surprised to see Nati from TDA in this, I almost did a double take b/c she wares glasses in TDA, but the voice was still the same.

All these R's in this TN will have me very confused for a while I'm sure. Roberto, Regina #1, Regina#2, Reneta, Roberta YIKES. I don't know if I'll stick with this TN all the way through, but I'll give it a good try, b/c I miss the TN Eva Luna.
Marta ITA that 70ish music they played is weird hope they give up on that soon.
Other than that this TN might work.
 

here's the title I had thought of for this recap...
Two babies and one stupid dad ... one crazy spiteful envious mistress... one cheesy family and a stolen baby

can't wait for the time jump and things to get really interesting with Juan and the others coming on screen
 

Great recap. I taped this, have not watched it yet can't wait to get home to see it. Wow Sebastian in two TN's in one night, wow! That makes a girl smile. I can't wait to see Silvia again, and to see all those familiar faces.
 

I don't think Sebastian, Margarita, the guy playing Isidro or the women playing Renata or Cata will be here past tonight or tomorrow... but the selection of cast for this early intro was very good.
I have a feeling they want to throw at us the plot of la mentira and then start sending the story in a slightly different direction, with different subplots... that might keep us, the ones who know the story of La mentira, hooked.
 

Wowzer! Excellent recap. These folks seem semi-rich to me what with him driving a porche. (Porch-AH) (Ponytail and a chick car, woa.)

Quite a what the heck moment trying to figure out the deal with the two women, in the same hospital, at the same time, with the same guy giving birth to bebe's with the same guy father. Did they both have C sections, too?

I was quite surprised after reading recap that I was able to pick up on most of what took place without having to follow the close caption in Spanish. Eva Luna in English ruined me. Before the English cc's I was using google translate, and that is hard work. But I think I am hooked and it will be back to the old way.

Agree, much to do about the Pendants.

A in Baraboo
 

Great recap Melinama!

I think they did the intro like that because everyboy and their mommys in México know the story of La Mentira so they wanted to show a bit of how they were going to handle this version to get them hooked.

Jarocha
 

Marta, thanks for the recap and for untangling the first few minutes. I love the intro music and until last night never connected this novela to that song. The other song they kept playing was a bit strange.
 

Great work, Marta! The dialogue recapping is especially appreciated since we're just getting started.

The cheesy scenes between Roberto and Regina were totally a tease for the audience. They look so perfect as a couple but, of course, the ax had to fall.

Did I hear right that both Roberta and Regina Jr. inherited daddy's heart condition? Amidst Pepa's screeching, I thought I heard her mention something about it.

Here's hoping we get to some of the real characters tonight! Along with the others Marta mentioned, I saw Alfredo Adame (En Nombre del Amor), Lourdes Munguia (Amar Otra Vez), and Olivia Bucio (Also En Nombre del Amor). Very cool! The only problem is going to be keeping track of them all.

Amy
 

flores, I think the only one with the heart condition is little Regina. Pepa was reading the EKG report that Roberto had on his desk so she was complaining that he identified so much with a 'cripled' kid instead of hers.
yes, Olivia Bucio I loved in El Manantial as the 'tia'.
 

Marta, What a stellar premiere. I was not up to speed on the plot outline before last night's episode, so I particularly appreciate your finely detailed rendering of the multipus (like octapus but I can't even count in how many directions this will reach out).

The characters are so good it is hard to accept that they will be totally changed or gone on the second episode tonight. They went to a lot of trouble to set the stage, WOW!

Why do I keep wondering what happened to that gorgeous Porche when Roberto rushed Regina Sr. into the hospital leaving that car alone with door open, weren't there emergency vehicles needing that space, did some kind or stealthy soul jump in and drive out of harm's way? Oh well, it's already time to get my L.L.Beanie out, I need to leave reality far, far behind. Thanks for a great start Marta, you rock!
 

The old Cuando Me Enamoro tune is especially bizarre considering that it was a hit of Angélica María back in the early 60's and the backstory is supposed to be happening during the late 80's.

The actress playing young Regina, Lidia Ávila is much more known for being a singer and part of a young musical group for most of her life. She lost her six months old baby daughter in real life due to an intestine problem she was born with a year ago so her scenes at the end disturbed me a little.

Jarocha
 

cheryl, I agree, I was wondering if the hospital had valet parking or how long they were intending to let him keep the car there... it would probably not last long if he left the keys in.
 

Lidia Avila did great for not being a full time actress... yes that real life story parallel would have me get goosebumps too.
 

nothing against AM's 'cuando me enamoro' song, played it in youtube (I posted the youtube url in the synopsis post)
but I really hope that when we jump forward in time the song will be left behind... it just is too distracting... even though they would play it when Roberto was with Regina but not when he was with Pepa so it also was reflecting his feelings.
 

Many thanks, Marta, for an exceptionally helpful and delightfully snarky recap. I couldn't keep things straight at all while I was watching (especially at the start), so I'm really grateful to you for making sense of it (well, perhaps not sense, but at least letting me know what the nonsense was all about! :-) ).
 

Wow! What a first cap! It totally sucked me in. Not to mention getting to watch Sebastian Rulli! And then we get to see Margarita Magana! She was great as Pepa.
The plot kept giving me OMG moments and the hour flew by.
It will be interesting to see if I am still stuck on this TN once Sebastian is gone.
I am giving Juan Soler a chance, since I HATED Aldo in LFMB. I want to see him in a different role.

Thanks for the recap, wonderful.

Diann
 

Marta, you provided us with an amazing introduction to this telenovela. Thanks a million for translating all the hard-to-hear dialogue at the very beginning. It really helps set the stage for this one. It all seems very confusing to me right now but I'm sure the plot and characters will begin to make sense soon thanks to your help.

Two babies born on the same night, same place, different mothers, same daddy, not sure I've seen that one yet. (I never saw Entre el Amor y el Odio.)

Well, after last night's antics I'd say we're off to a rollicking start. Thanks Marta, awesome recap!
 

Marta, great recap. It is always so confusing until you get all of the characters straightened out. This one has so many with "R" names.

Did Pepa work for Roberto at one time? How else could she get into his office and into the safe?

Rosemary
 

Thank you Marta! Great recap! I love your dialog translations. Excellent as always!

It was cool seeing Sebastian Rulli (Professor Hottie as I call him, since I only have seen him in Teresa before this). I am interested in seeing how this story develops. I knew last night that I would definitely need a recap to keep track of everything—too much was going on!
 

increible! the same old tired Momma-loses-baby-only-to-find-her-decades-later theme. univision really loves that storyline. it's maddening!!
 

If the song is a 70's era song, then it would make sense because the Porche is a 911 from that era and so were the cars the others were driving. I thought it was a nice touch having the old phones as well as pagers. I do remember using pagers and having the desire to pitch it out the car window at times.
 

Martaivett, what a wonderful and incredibly detailed recap. My head was spinning after last night's show. Fortunately the CCs were mostly very good, but even so... lots of stuff to deal with after only one episode. Your recap is doubly appreciated.

I hadn't planned on watching this but I must admit that the first episode is very seductive... I'll stick around for awhile. I really enjoyed Sylvia Navarro in MEPS so I'm looking forward to seeing her in this.

Looks like some old friends as well as new faces have watched this first episode. Let the dogs loose and let's see where this leads.

Carlos
 

Lost, stolen, and switched babies are the most popular launch point for Televisa novelas. Another one is when a wealthy man has two sons by two different women... and it's the illegitimate one that looks exactly like him.
 

I get the feeling that I'm going to be sucked in big time. I'm going to see about catching this. Looks like I have another little obsession in the making.
 

Isidro did state last night that Pepa was Roberto's personal assistant (and what goes around comes around, she had to survive the last 24 yrs doing same for a guy she gets sickened by) and she had keys to his office and files.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder