Monday, December 05, 2011

Manos Quietas

Hi All,
Just wanted to let you know that my husband and I went to LA from Phoenix over the weekend to see Manos Quietas with Fernando Colunga (aka TBLMOE)! The play was the whole motivation for the trip and my husband was a good sport for endulging me.
The play was at Teatro Los Pinos in South Gate and we went to the Friday night show at 9:30. We had 8th row center seats. I bought them online and they were the closest I could get at the time. I would have LOVED to be in the 1st or 2nd row. The minute Fernando Colunga came out on the stage the women started screaming so loud that you would have thought it was a Justin Beiber concert! I have to admit that I was one of them! He is simply the most beautiful man on the face of the earth. So handsome, such a presence - oooooozing with charisma and masculinity! All I could think of was there's Manuel Fuentes Guerra (Amor Real), Luis Manrique (Alborada), El Antillano (Pasion) and Franco Santoro (MEPS)!!!! Luis Manrique being my personal favorite!!!!!
The play itself was really good - lots of comedy. The other actor was Johnny Lozado of Menudo fame who is now one of the hosts of Sal y Pimienta. Lorena Rojas plays FC's wife, Aylin Mujica and Giselle Blondet are the two other actresses. I think the play was just short of 2 hours long. The "highlight" was FC being tied up and having his pants pulled down by the ladies in the play as part of their "argument" about the battle of the sexes. I thought the women in the audience screaming when his pants came down was going to blow the roof off the theater! LOL
Anyway, just wanted to report back in to the Caray Caray family about my experience. If any of you have the chance to see the play you should definitely go - it's worth it.
Melissa (former Fuego en La Sangre and Manana es Para Siempre re-capper)

Labels: ,


Comments:
Oooohhh, Melissa, you lucky girl, you!! I would love to see Manos Quietas but, alas, they don't come anywhere near Virginia. I checked into seeing it in Miami but could buy a small car for the cost. Too bad... Thanks for posting.
Emilia (green with envy!)
 

Gracias, Melissa. Now I have to find out if this will make it to NYC.
 

Wow! It's great to see he's as wonderful in the flesh as he is on the small screen.

Thanks so much for sharing how much you enjoyed it.
 

It's already been a very Merry Christmas for you! How fun...
jb
 

LUCKY !!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Bet he needs bodyguards to protect him from the women !!!
I tried to get tickets here in Miami..but they only had 2 horrible seats!!! Your hubbie is a gem for taking you !!!!
 

I saw it in Miami Nov 12th. I could have taken one of you because I bought a ticket for my husband and at the last minute he refused to go! I got very angry. I really enjoyed it but mostly because Fernando was in it.
 

LOL Melissa, I like how his character from STuD didn't even make your list. ;-) Lucky girl, indeed!
 

Hi Melissa!

I'm so glad other folks are finally getting to see the play and experience Fernando Colunga live.

I wrote a recap of the play after I saw it on Nov 4.
11/5/11 - ¡Manos Quietas!: Fernando Colunga Tied Up and Woman-handled in Public! just in case someone wants more details! :-)

Audrey
 

Oops! This link works: 11/5/11 - ¡Manos Quietas!: Fernando Colunga Tied Up and Woman-handled in Public!
 

Julie - I was in a hurry writing the review and I completely forgot about Jose Miguel Montesinos! I loved him too, but Luis Manrique will always be my favorite. You never forget your "first" - LOL! Alborada was my first FC novela. I didn't see Amor Real until much later.

Melissa
 

Thanks for the vicarious pleasures, Melissa. I doubt if Manos Quietas will come to little Abq. but I am so glas to hear that several of our Caray Caray amigas have had the pleasure of seeing this god in men's clothing in real life.

Melissa, Alborada was lalso my first Fernando Colunga encounter and I too will never forget it. HA! Maybe the success of this will lead him to do more tours and more live plays.
 

Melissa, thank you for posting this and what fun that you got to go! I am so very jealous and tried to figure out a way to get down to L.A. but just couldn't fit it into my schedule. Drat!

Ah Chuchi, if only one of us had been in Miami you know we would have been fighting for your extra ticket.

Audrey, I enjoyed re-reading your recap of the play. Like Cheryl says, hopefully this was a limited run of the play to test it out and maybe they will extend the run to other areas of the U.S.

Fernando, come to San Francisco or San Jose!!!!
 

Melissa, loved your comments! I just knew your words would make it to FC's foro @ colungateam.com. His colungateam ladies loved your words. (Someone picked your review up from the univision foro.) You should drop into colungateam.com to read their adventures on the trips they made see the play in Miami, LA and TJ!! Look at the postings by Claus and adri_lore. Too funny!

Lee from Chandler
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder