Thursday, March 15, 2012

Abismo de pasión #3 3/14/12: Secrets Revealed-Sorry but Cruelty towards children should be a crime... punishable by permanent humiliation

  
Recap by Super Marta

the plot thickens,  secrets revealed... the good the bad, the cruel and the contrast between the 'how to' parenthood example (Lupe, Ramona, Este, Rosendo) vs the 'how NOT to' parenthood example (Fina)...
 
In Rosendo’s office, Padre gets dropped into a surprise ‘guess who’ game of mitaken identity… Carmina runs away… Rosendo comes in, Padre lupe has to remind him of the monthly help for Gael’s education… Rosendo asks him to continue keeping the secret… he does not want his wife Fina about his supporting Gael., she can’t stand Gael. Rosendo says have enough problems already to add on to the arguments with her. Padre mentions he has noticed their relationship is worsening… Fina swears he is involved with another woman… Rosendo denies. Padre says I was ignoring it until a moment ago… a woman came in here while I was waiting for you in the dark.. she thougth I was you… Rosendo denies denies… Padre won’t tell him who he thinks the woman was… Rosendo keeps trying to brush it off as a confusion. Padre says can’t force you to confess… but my duty as priest and your brother in law and friend is to warn you not to jeopardize your relationship with your family, especially with your son… he is not to blame for your problems with Fina.  I know my sister has not been the ideal wife, but she might deserve another chance… In Gael’s name, that boy who has not been blessed with a family like yours, thank you for the check… and thank you from me too.
 
 Don Lucio and Dona Blanca at home   … he is tired… she suggests he retires…  he says he would die if he did nothing… he is still strong… she suggest they could start a business, a fashion house (she can make dresses for the women…).. he can’t see himself in the middle of a ‘casita de modas’.. he is used to dealin with workers, not with women spending their husbands money… she says different would be story if we had kids… we would not be lonely and bored… Lucio argues that Elisa our goddaughter is like our granddaughter…  Blanca agrees that Elisa is adorable, like her mom. Julio says can’t say the same for Carmina… Blanca says Carmina is not that bad, but you have never wanted to see her virtues.. Lucio says they must be deep in the bottom of the barrell…  Blanca tells him Elisa and Este came by… they were sad, seems Augusto gave her a jealousy rage scene and the little girl noticed… Lucio says Augusto should control himself because if not, one of these days Este will tire of him… Blanca assures him Augusto is Este’s great love…
 
In bed at their house, Este is giving Augusto the silent, talk to my back treatment… she is hurt by what happened, how he accused her.. He tries to appologize… she says he always swears the same… he admits he is full of defects, but she can’t deny his love. If he lost her he would go crazy… he sometimes feels that he does not deserve her… she says she too has defects… no… he fell in love from the moment he first saw her… same here… (Carmina is eavesdropping at door, gets jealous/envious at the scene/dialogue she just heard so she knocks hard (obviously she might want Rosendo’s money but she hates Este too, maybe wants Augie for herself)… Este goes to door… Carmina plays dumb, says have a headache… cannot find the meds… gets Este to leave room, in walks Carmina .. asks Augie if he is still mad at her… He brushes it off… she kisses his cheek (yup, this woman drools for her brother in law)… and says good nite..
 
Rosendo gets home.. Antonia (Alfo’s loyal maid) tells him Damian waited for him all afternoon to ride together … Rosendo runs to stables to find Damian… tries to appoligize and Damian forgives him… Rosendo will go riding with him early tomorrow before going to work… Damian gives him the other amulet that he got from Ramona. Rosendo puts it on right away… laughs when Damian asks him for the 100 pesos…  remind me tomorrow… Damian asks him if he was at the blue house by the celote… Rosendo again denies denies denies…
 
Este finds Lolita in kitchen, she just walked in but seems she was stood up by Braulio.. her boyfriend (oopsie, she has no clue Braulio had the accident)… Estefania is very comprehensive with her… we all have out faults.. when we love a man we forgive much. Lolita refuses… Este says consult it with the pillow.. lol…  When Este leaves, Lolita rages a bit more …
 
Rosendo gets home… Fina does not wait to bring up the ‘someone saw you at the house by the cenote’… when he says he already told Damian he was not the man he saw, Fina begins trying to seduce him.. says I want to change… really I want to change.. I want us to get back to the way we were when we got married and were expecting Damian…
 
At the Castano home, the ambience is very different, seems Augie and Este reconciled.
Once Augie leaves, Elisa asks Este if Carmina will stay with them forever. Este expects Carmina to leave when she gets married, don’t you like her staying with us? No, she always tells me ugly things, that I don’t behave, that I will go to hell… Este asks when she said that, Elisa says yesterday when I found her in your room putting your perfume on… she is seeing someone…  Este says she has not told me anything about  a boyfriend.. but last night she got home late… Elisa goes ‘see?’
 
At Arango hacienda, Gael is looking for Damian… he wants to warn Damian that they might get ‘mal de ojo’ (curses) because the witche’s daughter already tattle-told about them!  .. Fina comes out and immediately gets accusative with Gael. She won’t listen to reason, she does not want Gael to come to the hacienda or looking for Damian.
 
Damian rides with Rosendo in the chile fields tells his dad that Fina says Gael is ‘less’ than them… Rosendo says that’s silly, tries to explain that Fina does not know Gael that well. Damian says but my uncle Lupe lets him stay in his house. Rosendo explains Lupe has taken care of Gael since he was very little. Damian asks why. Where are his parents? Rosendo avoids the answer saying they could have died, noone knows… Damian says ‘and that is why my mom can’t stand him? It is not his fault.’ Rosendo agrees. And I give you permission to be his friend. I think he is a very good kid. Rosendo tells Damian have to go to work. Damian thought they were going to the cenote, Rosendo says no, even left someone waiting to come riding with you.. have to go. (of course we see Carmina getting impatient at the blue house waiting for Rosendo).
 
At Ramona’s shack… Ramona is feeding the birds with a dropper… Paloma is putting the bread in the basket… Ramona won’t tell her who brought the birds, and gets a bit irritated when Paloma says she will have to return the money if the birds die…  but nags at Paloma for not being able to sell all the bread yesterday. Paloma wants to go sell the bread at the procesadora… Ramona won’t let her go anywhere near that procesadora…  does not want anyone to treat her bad or say things about her. Paloma says people already say bad things about me for being your granddaughter because they say you are a witch. Ramona warns her that if she goes near the procesadora, she will BECOME the witch everyone says she is…  I won’t let you go there, to maybe run into… who? … nobody!... (when Paloma leaves) God protect you my child. From that evil man who killed your mother (I don’t know you all, but my guess of fill in the blanks here is Gabino).
 
Carmina runs to Rosendo’s office to nag at him for having left her waiting…  Rosendo says it was his son.. She says ‘now you are the father of the year?’ She tells him Damian saw them together at the house… Rosendo says Padre Lupe possibly recognized her at the office last night… she says priests don’t talk.. Rosendo says only when it is a confession secret…  but Lupe is also my brother in law… She brushes it off… Rosendo is really scared that everything will be discovered… she tells him ok then lets call this quits… Rosendo gets anxious, can’t live without you…  She is not willing to be his lover forever… he is not sure how to handle his son and this… she suggests they flee, they can be free and happy elsewhere… would you be capable of abandoning your family for me? … he stays quiet… didn’t you say you can’t live without me? … he is reluctant to leave his family just like that…  Carmina says Fina will raise a scandal… Rosendo says this land and business has been in the family for many generations… it is his duty to care for them until his son can take over… he pleads with Carmina.. I adore you, I love you, I idolize you… but he is not prepared to do what she asks right this moment… she says fine, then I will go look for someone with the BALLS to give me what I deserve!!
She huffs out of there…
 
She walks out and right into Lucio, who greets her, but she just walks right by him…
 
Damian lost / dropped the money… Elisa and Gael get scared about the witch… Elisa will try to ask her mom for the money…  She leaves Gael and Damian hugging at the town center gazebo… Damian has an idea…
 
At the house, Este confronts Carmina… why are you tormenting my daughter about going to hell and stuff like that? … Carmina calls Elisa a gossip… Este says once I thought of you as a 2nd mother to my daughter if I ever was not around.. but not anymore. Carmina says I have enough problems to take on your daughter… Este insists Carmina was using her perfume and came home late last night. What is going on? Nothing!! I am your sister, why don’t you tell me what is going on??
Lolita comes to get Este, … Sra Tovar is here and wants to see her.. Este leaves Carmina huffing about the ‘escuincla’ (Elisa)
 
Begoña (what a name!) came to appologize to Este… she won’t be able to invite her to the charity group… Fina banned her… she didn’t directly say why, but I think it is because what is being talked around town about you and Fina’s husband having a relationship… Bego denies Fina told her directly but ‘sort of implied it’
 
Elisa runs into Paloma…Paloma offers bread, but Elisa forgot her money at home… asks Paloma how are the birds… so it was you who brought them? .. well, me, Damian and Gael… are they ok? .. did they die??  No, not yet… my grandma says they miss their mom but they will be ok… want to come to my house? I can ask my mom money to buy your bread… and to pay your grandma what my friends and I owe her…
 
Augusto visits Rosendo at office… brings the new contract with ‘errors and ommissions’ as excuse to talk to him… Augie is rather abbrassive so Rosendo asks what’s the problem? ..
Aug: the problem is you have to control your wife. She can’t go around raising false gossip about people.
Ros: so that was it… look, I heard what my wife said about Este and myself.. of course it is a lie.. you have no idea how embarrassed I am about it.
Aug: it is your fault, Rosendo. If Fina doubts you she must have a reason.. (Rosendo rolls his eyes) then it is true! You are messing with another woman!
Ros: I am hopelessly in love with another woman. Which is different.
Aug: That does not justify deceiving your wife.
Ros: you don’t know what it is like to live with a woman like Fina.
Aug: You should have thought about it earlier, before you formed a family and had a son with her! Who is that woman? Who has made you lose your mind?
Ros: it doesn’t matter anymore… it is over.
 
Elisa brings Paloma in her house… Lolita sees them… Elisa asks about her mother, she went out. Lolita is very friendly with Paloma… Paloma wants to leave but Elisa takes her to her bedroom…
 
Este is visiting Fina…
Es: I want you to explain to me what is it you are after telling everyone in town that I am with Rosendo?
Al: Who told you?
Es: Augusto.
Al: What happened that night is that I was not feeling well and…
Es: You have no forgiveness possible, Alfonsina. And if indeed Rosendo is unfaithful to you, you can be sure it is not with me. Because I have no need to go find lovers. Fortunately I am very happy with my husband.
Al: Este, don’t get like that. My intention was never..
Es: Your intention has always to harm my reputation. And not just recently. Its been like that all your life. And I have never understood why you can’t stand me… I only will tell you this… I don’t know how you will undo that gossip.. you know how ‘purist’ everyone in town is… and I am not worried about myself because I have nothing to hide. But I am worried about my daughter. And you should also worry about your son Damian. Sometimes children are the most affected by their parents mistakes… Excuse me.
 
At Fina’s bedroom.. Damian and Gael come in… Gael is scared of being there, but Damian convinces him to look for his mom’s purse… or do you want the witch to put a curse on you? (te del el mal de ojo)?  Just when Gael has Fina’s purse in his hand, Fina walks in.. goes beserk. Yells for Antonia to go fetch Lupe to come get this ‘burglar’ out of her house..
 
At kitchen in ElTal, Braulio with bandaged head and arm comes to see Lolita. At first she doesn’t believe him, even threatens him with smacking him with a  pan… he tells her about the accident… she finally believes him after he says go ask Lucio if you want!... she gets really TLC with him, offers to fix him a chicken soup… will you forgive me?
 
When Padre Lupe comes in, Fina has let Damian go away, but is arguing with Lupe accusing Gael of planning it and convincing Damian… Lupe is not so convinced the only one to blame is Gael.. in any case they both are to blame, she surprised them BOTH in her bedroom. She won’t call Damian because he would take the blame for Gael..
Lup: how convenient, right? … Look, Fina! I don’t justify that Gael and Damian wanted to take money from your purse! But they are just kids! You can’t judge them so severely! And that goes for Damian and Gael alike!
Al: No, no, don’t compare them! They are not the same! I don’t understand your obsession to defend that ‘mocoso’!!  (all this right in Gael’s face, which is full of tears)
Lup: Fina, better not force me to speak…
Al: No wonder his mother abandoned him at the church.. what mother would want to care for that boy? (OUCH!! Can’t wait to see how Mark T portrays a man carrying such a burden of complexes, insecurities and painful growing up.. despite Padre Lupe;s love… )
Lup: Alfonsina…
Damian wants to go see Lupe to explain what happened, that Gael did not steal anything… Antonia won’t let him go.. if he goes, the one that will be ‘fired as in a fair’ Is her!)
Lupe: Stop crying, Gael.. go ahead to the church… (once Gael leaves) Listen, Fina.. if you don’t want me to forget that I am a priest and that you are my sister, don’t you ever hummilliate Gael that way! For God’s sake, sister! What type of catholic woman are you??
Al: No, forgive me… My religious beliefs have nothing to do with my feelings toward that ‘escuincle’. I am certain he is a bad influence for my son, and I don’t want him near him.
Lup: God forgive you, Fina. I see it is no use to keep talking to you. And don’t worry, you won’t see Gael again at your hacienda. But regarding his friendship with Damian, I am afraid you won’t be able to do anything about that to avoid it. In the name of God, sister.
 
Lolita runs into a Estefania coming home… Lolita is happy telling her she reconciled with Braulio and about his accident. Este is tired/concerned… Este asks about Elisa, Lolita says she is in her bedroom with a friend. In Elisa’s room Paloma is admiring all her dolls and her room… When Este enters the bedroom, Paloma gets really scared and runs away…   Elisa says ‘ay mama, you spooked her!’ LOL
 
At church,
Gael: You do believe me, right?
Lu: I do believe you. But you and Damian did wrong. Should not have taken money without permission, that is like stealing, and that goes against the word of God… Fina was right to be angry. Of course nothing justifies what she told you.
Gael: Padre, do you think my mom abandoned me at church because she did not want to have a child like me?
Lup: No, don’t say that. I assure you that is not true. My sister has had many problems lately. Just don’t look for Damian in his house, meet him somewhere else. Agreed?
I better go to the church, there must be lots of people waiting for confession…
(what a great scene.. after the nasty one with Fina)
 
At confession booth… first in waiting for Padre Lupe is none other than Carmina… Padre begins ‘ave maria purisima’ twice with no response… until Carmina says she came to tell him she was the woman at Rosendo’s office.. not only that, Rosendo and I are lovers… / why do you come to tell me that? / because I had to get release… you have to keep the secret. / but what is it you expect of your relationship with Rosendo? He is a married man,  What can he offer you? / LOTS! Like getting me out of this darn town! That is what a woman like me deserves!... / then your interest for him is not about feelings / ah no… since we are in the confessions line.. the man I love with all my soul is another.. someone you also know… it is Augusto Castañon, my brother in law.
(and we leave the ep with the bomb just dropped on Lupe’s lap)
 
Previews: the confession repeated…
VO: But on a night where jealousy releases forbidden passions…
We see Rosendo meeting Carmina outside the gate, swearing he will go with her…
VO: Falls the veil of lies… (seems Estefania sees Rosendo and Carmina kissing outside)

Labels:


Comments:
I'm sorry but kid dropped off at the church + Rosendo paying a monthly stipend for the kid + Fina's irrational hatred of Gael = Rosendo's paying child support.

Well, it's not like he hasn't stepped out on his wife before!

Steffy's no shrinking violet. She puts the matter on the platter.

Carmina's face scares me.

Carmina is a known non-Catholic, does Lupe have to keep her confession too? How does that work?

Ramona being scared of Paloma going down to La Anita Hot Sauce Factory = Gabino did something very bad years ago to Paloma's mom.
 

Thank you Marta! I am always grateful for the details you provide.

I don't think I can gush about this one enough. I hope the quality keeps up.

These children are too too precious. Mini-Elisa is 100% cutie-pie.

Sabine's teeth were blinding last night.
 

Super Marta ia right! An incredible little novela of a recap complete with dialogue. Amazing!!! Thanks so much.

Firstly...with all the adult intrigue, I am living right now for the Gael/Padre moments. And since I have reverted back to childhood and am crushing on that amazing young actor, can I say I wanted to take Fina's pony tail and spin her around and fling her as far as she could go last night.Think that sums up my attitude towards that sorry excuse for a woman, Catholic, whatever other label she claims to be....

Oh, and little Damian...lovely young rider there. Definitely knows his way around a horse.

Now to plot--Rosendo giving Padre money for Gael. Ok, obvious here is that Gael and Damian will turn out to be brothers. But I'll wait to see if there's another twist to the tale there...in the meantime, poor Rosendo, he really has no clue where women are concerned does he. Frying pan to fire with Fina and Orangina, who was especially creepy last night. ( Sara" oh yeah...too much tanner and overdoing the whitener. Yikes!)

I love Lucio and Blanca!!! Hope they both stay the duration in this TN.

"I don’t know you all, but my guess of fill in the blanks here is Gabino" - agree, since we thankfully don't have a slew of baddies yet in this TN, I'm with this slimeball. What I keep being suspicious about is why Rosendo puts up with this guy and entrust him with his secrets. Another fun piece of the pie to work on...have my suspicions, but I'll wait for more plot.
 

Since I was reminded by Daisynjay- where have I seen the actress playing Blanca before? Whatever it was she cried... A lot. Was it FELS?
 

Great work, Marta.

I fail to see how Gael would be a bad influence on Damian when he's been raised by a priest. Fina has one more screw loose than we think.

Rosendo must be Gael's father and I agree that Gabino is the one who murdered Paloma's mother. Is it possible that he had also raped her in the past? I think this character will be one of the main resident baddies.

Carmina sometimes looks creepy enough to play an alien in a future Star Trek movie.
 

UA, totally agree...
Gabino probably not only is responsible for Paloma's mom's death, but probably also for the existence of Paloma herself (parent).
Regarding what Gabino has on Rosendo to be able to blackmail into his role/rank at the procesadora, I bet Gabino uses his knowledge of Rosendo's relationship with Carmina to force him to give him money in exchange for his silence...
 

sorry guys, it shows i was getting tired with all the typos...
compexes = complexes
Carmina says she came to tell him it was him the woman at Rosendo’s office..
should be...
it was HER the woman at Rosendo's office...
 

marta - Thank you for the recap! It filled in the holes of some conversations that I didn't understand.

So Gael is Rosendo's son, eh? Ack.

Anon207 - PadreLupe has to keep the confessional secret, no matter what.
That scene game me FELS flashbacks!

Interesting that Alfie can't stand Gael. Does PadreLupe know he is Rosendo's son??? Time will tell, I guess.

My husband was in the room at 8:30 when the "intro" began. HE asked, "new show? starting now?" No, I told him, then I had to explain the insanity of Looneyvision. Gah...
 

Looks like someone's been ingesting a lot of caffeine, Marta! Two recaps in one day? Double thank yous.

I got thrown a little when you mentioned "Fina" as a bad parent in your opening line. Of course I reverted back to CME, especially since I'd just left a Fina comment on the El Tal comments the day before. Either Fina is applicable as a bad parent.

So let's say Rosendo is Gael's father, and what if "the mean guy at the plant" is not Gabino, but Rosendo, making him ALSO the father of Paloma, making Damien and Gael and Paloma siblings?

EJ / Sylvia - Tech sidenote: A few days ago when I was frustrated about not being able to click on the sidebar, I noticed our old friend, Cheryl (that's vieja amiga, not amiga viega), also could not click on the sidebar. I wonder if she figured out what to do?

Off to watch with my Marta's Recap Cheat Sheet.

Rosemary la Otra
 

Thank you Marta for another beautifully detailed recap, so helpful while we are still in this "getting to know you" stage of the novela.

I admire the craft of the writers, so far. There have been no throwaways, no blind alleys.

I do wish Carmina Burra were a little less horrible -- we're going to have to live with her for a long time.

[I'm finding it difficult to explain to Mr. Maven why I have taken to wearing a bulb of garlic around my neck for my evening viewing.]
 

Only saw part of this last night (was in a stupor from moving furniture all day)but I knew I could count on your recap Marta. Thank you so much. And you did el Tal as well, ye gods woman! you are seriously over-achieving. But we sure appreciate your dedication.

Here's the one thing I don't get..why does Carmina (yes, Sara her teeth WERE blinding last night) have the hots for her brother-in-law? In fact why does Estefania love him? He's a dreary insecure macho type and excuse me...homely as hell. If they were going to make him irresistible, they sure could have chosen a hunkier actor. And without those wretched Buddy Holly glasses. I find this actor equally puzzling in his role in Alma de Hierro. Cheating on his wife with a lovely younger woman. Egads, surely there's someone better out there. Serious miscasting in my opinion.
 

Rosemary, the 'Fina' reference was COMPLETELY *although not totally deserved * reference to CME...
Alfonsina is VERY MISTAKEN and TOTALLY WRONG in her APPROACH, but I can't see her ANYWHERE AS EVIL as Fina in CME.
Judy, I can see your point about Augusto not giving the impression that he would be a target for EITHER Carmina or Estefania... but seems that Carmina was the first one to lay eyes on him way back when and Estefania stole him from her and Carmina can't forgive and forget... (that is my take on that triangle anyway) but I see that AC is not exactly eye candy for everyone, esp the Augusto character they are painting here. He sure looks like he is a GREAT dad and great with kids they way he invited Gael to come in for dinner and smiled/giggled all about it instead of the huff/puff attitude of Alfonsina.
and yes, the two recaps were exhausting, but as it turns out it seems RN is leaving ElTal and he is my main reason to hang in there so i would 'leave' along with him and stick with Abismo for good.
 

IMO Carmina just wants Augusto because Estefania has him. Gus, when he's not being jealous, adores Steffy (as does the whole town minus Fina), and married her, and has a beautiful child with her and providing her with comfort.

Carmina doesn't have that. Carmina is probably only with Rosendo b/c Rosendo (as well as being the richest guy in town) admires Estefania so much.

Carmina wants what Estefania has.
 

Anon, in a nutshell, ITA 1000%..
 

Thanks Marta, this is wonderful as your recaps always are but I'm stunned at the way you are able to achieve such quality while recapping two separate shows on the same day. You are truly amazing.

Carmina has already made a huge point of her lack of religiosity but certainly wasted no time in going for confession. She was even first in line.

I'm surprised that Rosendo didn't notice his wife's perfume on Carmina when she came into the bedroom.

Last night I noticed that Lolita is played by the same actress who wowed us as Gabriela in Un Gancho al Corazón. I kept puzzling over where I'd seen her before and then finally she smiled... Gaby!

Carlos
 

Judy:

"He's a dreary insecure macho type and excuse me...homely as hell. If they were going to make him irresistible, they sure could have chosen a hunkier actor"

YES!!! Just what you said!!! I keep feeling like I'm missing something with him.
 

I'm surprised that Rosendo didn't notice his wife's perfume on Carmina when she came into the bedroom.
you mean Augusto,right?
About Eugenia Cauduro (Lolita) the first time i saw her was in Nunca Te olvidare, she was dayviewed thre along with Juan Ferrara's son (Juan Carlos something, he does not use Ferrara name), they both were dayviewed there... and she did impress me even with her weird accent/enunciation she had then.
 

Marta, thanks again amiga for this superb recap. I was so tired last night I couldn't finish watching so I enjoyed the episode and your amazing recap over my morning cup of tea. Oh, and I fixed those two little things you mentioned.

Carlos, isn't it great to see Gaby again? Also, the maid Antonio is the same actress who played Nuria in Heridas de Amor (and something else in Juan Querendon, can't remember the role).

Unfortunately I have to dash off to a meeting so I'll check back in later.
 

Hi, Marta, thanks for the great recap. And you're doing two? Wow.

Seemed like Carmina's hair looked like she stuck her finger in a light socket, which adds to Anon207's observation that "Carmina's face scares me."

I agree with Judy that Augusto is "homely as hell."

In re: EJ's question from yesterday "how are the twins?" They're 18 mos old now and doing great.

David
 

Marta, thanks for another great recap. ITA that Fina's cruelty towards Gael is a crime. And the actor that plays him is such a cutie that one must be truly heartless to be trying to constantly harm and put him down. I hope when the kids grow up she doesn't come along.

Anon207 - nice to see you! Didn't think about Gael being Rosendo's child and ITA about crazy Carmina (her face and wanting everything her sister has).

JudyB - your comment about Augusto was hilarious (thankfully I had finished eating) and true.
 

so glowing white teeth, bright green popping eyes and Medusa hair (thanks Audrey for saying that i was thinking 'what greek goddess is she reminding me of?'... there it is!)... not to talk about villainess style through and through
that Carmina is certainly a trip...
 

Medusa! That is spot on, scary as she is.

And Augusto looks like Dexter with glasses. Except Dexter is kinda cute. And a killer.
 

Thank you Marta! The recap was great! You are doing such a great job with this novela!

I agree that Alejandro Camacho is not the most handsome man, but looking back at the roles he played 20 years ago I find quite attractive and sexy. I tend to think that was the Augusto that Carmina and Estefanía met, since they probably met him more than 10 years ago and we will have a time jump later (where I assume the actor's age will be simmilar to the character).

Marta: Eugenia Cauduro's enunciation in the 90's! LOL. I never got why it was like that, especially since she is from DF and never appears to have spent a big amount of time outside the city or the country. She was still good besides that.

I agree on the kids. I can see little Gael growing up to become a novela galán in fifteen years from now.

Jarocha
 

Jarocha,
i stuck with Nunca te Olvidare back then because of the secondary couples...
Eugenia Cauduro/Juan carlos Bonet
and I thought Marisol Santacruz and Sergio Catalan also made a very adorable couple... i was watching for those two couples even more than for Fer Colunga/Edith Gonzalez...
 

Marta: I think everybody I ever asked was watching Nunca Te Olvidaré for Cauduro and Bonet. Not only did they have chemistry, I think their relationship was pretty interesting and complex.

I also really enjoyed Eugenia Cauduro in Alguna Vez Tendremos Alas. I always felt very sorry for Magdalena.

Jarocha
 

Marta: As already noted, you are so dedicated and the recap was simply great. I was lost through most of last night but your all-encompassing, detailed recap explained quite a bit. You make things so clear - gracias!

Loving the children and want them to stay. Gael is so sweet and sensitive, I can hardly believe he is Rosendo's son. Blech.

Judy, "If they were going to make him irresistible, they sure could have chosen a hunkier actor. And without those wretched Buddy Holly glasses" had me laughing out loud.

Doris, so good to see your posts! You've been missed.

Carlos and Sylvia, I'm also delighted to see Gaby again. A different but fun incarnation.

Diana
 

David, the twins are 18 months already? Yikes, time passes quickly. Glad to hear they are doing great.

Diana, Gaby as the servant kind of threw me at first. She's got a sort of urbane, classy air (not snooty) about her and at first I thought the casting was odd. However she's a good actress and once I saw her in a few scenes I got over my prejudice.

My favorite scene of the night was when Estefania confronted Alfonsina. Man oh man, the witch Fina sure backed down quickly enough, not that she will stop spreading la plaga. After that, of course, are all the children's scenes. It's such a shame they have to grow up, sniff.
 

Marta- Thank you so much for this recap (and the bonus one you gave for El Tal too)!

Don't have much to add, but I agree on the speculation about Gael's and Paloma's parentage (Rosendo and Gabino). These poor kids are going to be carrying a LOT of baggage into adulthood.

Carlos, Sylvia and Diana- You missed "Gaby"/"Lolita" as a bitchy, money grubbing bad mother (Vanesa, Aurora's mom) in Teresa. It was so different than salt of the earth, yet glamorous, Gaby in Gancho that it took me a while to adjust. And now we get to see her as a humble, but sweet, maid.
 

Vivi, I totally forgot about Eugenia playing the horrible Vanessa. She was very good in that role too, and somehow easier to swallow than seeing her as a humble servant. I'm just glad to have her in the cast, period.
 

test
 

Hi thank you very much for recap.

I want to make sure Paloma was Fer in Triunfo? The young actor who plays Gael is the same actor who played Alex in La Fuerza? and one of the maids played Liliana in Eva Luna?
 

Marta:

You are a telenovela heroine—two recaps in one day! Thank you!

I wrote you a long, detailed comment earlier but I am sorry to say it appears to have been eaten by Blogger.

Let me just summarize by saying thank you very much for your usual thorough recap. I loved those darling kids!

And I loved how you captured Estefania's reaming of Alfonsina for her gossip and bad-mouthing. While reading your re-telling I felt like I was watching the scene again and I wanted to send up a cheer for Estefania.

Thanks, again, Marta for all of your hard work. It's funny how you mentioned the typos; I share your pain, m'dear. I can't type at all when I get tired!

Abrazos,

EJ
 

So lost! Thanks for the recap(s) and the comments. I hope to be comfortable with this TN soon.
I had congratulated myself on being old-hat at TNs, having started watching with Juan Querendon. But y'all are talking about some that I've never even heard of! (Probably since we only watch the 7:00 one - until Uni put the schedule in a blender...)
 

I want to make sure Paloma was Fer in Triunfo? The young actor who plays Gael is the same actor who played Alex in La Fuerza? and one of the maids played Liliana in Eva Luna?

------------------

Adult Paloma ---------> Fer/Triunfo

Lil Gael --------> Alex/Fuerza

Big Gael ---------> Alonso/Triunfo

Rosendo --------> Dr. Voice/Triunfo

Lolita -------> Vanessa/Teresa

Big Elisa ----------> Teresa/Teresa; Angela/Ximena /Corazon Salvaje '09

Padre Lupe ------> Padre/FELS; Noel/Corazon Salvaje '09, the dad on CME

Big Damian ---->Bruno/Sortilegio; Alonso/STud; Ivan/Fuerza

Ramona ----------> Oriana/Teresa

Lucio ---------> Don Federico/STuD
 

I finally looked it up

Blanca------> Mama Lulu/ Trinfo
 

Rosemary la Otra - Not a spoiler because I have no knowledge of this story nor CdP, but if Gael ends up with Paloma and Elisa with David Cepeda…. they can't all be sibs because there is the no-incest rule in telenovelaland.
But since I have no clue how this will end up . . . .

I also noticed Carmina's blindingly white teeth …..

Diana - Hi and thanks for the welcome back. It is nice to be back here at Caray!Caray!, the land of hilarious snark. I missed all of you. - - - - I was watching LHDM and HQLPNS on Telefutura, and carrying two telenovelas at the same time was almost more than I could handle. LHDM was an exceptional, awesome, so-worth-the-time telenovela. OTH, HQLPNS was just 'okay.'
 

OMG, I can get on.

I agree about Augusto, ¿por gué? no es un hunk.

I don't even get the attraction to Rosendo except the voice, but I guess you can just close your eyes & fantasize about Fernando Colunga.

Elisa is so cute, but I can't see her growing up to be Angelique Boyer. And after Fuerza, it's hard NOT to expect Gael to grow up to be Gabriel Soto.

Carmina needs to stay away from the tanning booth & her veneers do not go with her complexion. Some people think the whiter the better, no es verdad. Her dentist is lousy.

Tks so much Marta, great recap.

So far, so good on this novela, but after ET anything would be better.
 

jarocha, don't forget the burning barn scene, its a classic... i will try to find that email so folks here also get a chuckle...
 

Since you already got Padre Lupe as the ditzy dad in CME, and since none of these people were in Destinos, the other telenovela (lol) that I watch, and we haven't seen the rats yet, I have no characters to add. I look forward to the day when I am half as well versed in tns as you guys.

The plan is that with so much tn knowledge, I will be conversant in Spanish. Right?
 

Doris W. - you don't think sibs can end up together? Then you must not be watching El Talisman and the sickening "chemistry" between Antonio and Lucrecia. Yuck.

See, I thought that could be part of the plot. Right before they "do it" someone has to fess up what they know and two hearts are broken. Wasn't there a Brady Bunch episode about this? Ah no, it was real life. Greg and Marcia. Or was it Greg and Mrs. Brady?

Add me to the blinded by the teeth list. Has she not seen pictures of herself next to other people?
 

I love Rene Casados (padre Lupe), he is usually the priest but I am giving you muchos chuckles with this video from La Madrastra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3RS0g-LJNY&feature=related
 

Anon207 and Sara- Thanks for pointing out where we have seen many of these actors most recently. It's always fun seeing these actors playing such different roles. Must be fun for them when they get to mix it up. The actor playing Gael played David Z's son (Alex), not the younger version of Gabe Soto. That was another (older) blonde boy. He was so good as the sensitive, but relatively well-grounded and happy child. He's doing well playing insecure Gael.

Can we call Padre Lupe Padre Loopy? He's sweet, but a bit of a ditz. :)

RlaO- I don't think any of us can compete with the telenovela knowledge of Jarocha and Marta Ivett. Those two are like tn encyclopedias.
 

That one may not work, but you have to see it

google

the soup La Madrastra

too funny to miss
 

Variopinta- I never saw La Madrastra, but saw the many clips on the Soup. Hilarious!! Here is a link that works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DqnRjoI818
 

I think this one will work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DqnRjoI818&feature=player_embedded#!
 

Have to say, so far the production values in this novela are just spectacular! So lush, beautiful to watch visually and beautifully put together too (flow). What a change after El Tal!!

Audrey
 

Marta, thanks, of course I meant Augusto.

Vivi and Variopinta, thanks for that clip. It brought back fond memories since I watched and savored every episode of La Madrastra and of course my favorite characters were Bruno (René Casados) and Fabiola (Sabine Moussier). Surprisingly I've never seen this clip until today. Hilarious.

There was also a wonderful scene in which Socorro (Ana Martín), a noble lady from the hood, slapped Alba (Jacqueline Andere), a not so nice lady, then turned on her heel and proudly walked away, her little shoes loudly squeaking with every step.

Carlos
 

Hahahaha!!! Great Soup clip on La Madrastra. I'm sorry I never saw that telenovela. Thanks for posting it.
 

ok i found it.. one of the most ridiculous scenes in TN history... the burning barn scene in Nunca te Olvidare... as described by a forum friend Deby
Title: Luis Gustavo The Bumbling (It's a Fire!) Idiot!!!!
Author: Deby (---)
Date: 04-07-00 00:03 PDT

Oh! Oh! What should I do? My wife and child are burning in the barn. Quick, give me your blanket!! I'm going in to get them! Oh! Oh! There they are! Oh thank God!. Wait! Wait! Mara, give me back my blanket, no, no, you can't!! Mara! Oh no! Oh no! What are we going to do? Oh! Oh! I think, well, Esperanza, turn around in a circle with me while I think. Let's see! Oh! Oh! Another circle. The flames, the flames. THey feel hot. Oh! Oh! I got it. The flames. Esperanza! Subir! Subir! Si mi amor! Subir, subir!!! I insist. I'll stay here and keep the baby cool. Don't worry. The little hito will be safe with me. You go on ahead and climb out. Now, now, oh! oh! Esp. is gone. Now what? Another circle. I need to turn around in another circle and look at the flames. They seem like they're getting hotter. Gee, I wonder if they burn long enough if they'll just go out by themselves!! Well, let's wait a little longer. The hito doesn't seem too hot yet. And look! He's not even crying. So I think I'll turn around in some more circles and look at the flames some more. Oh! Oh! I don't get it. Why do these flames keep getting bigger and bigger!!! They're supposed to get smaller and smaller!!! I thought if I waited, they would die down. Oh! oh! What should I do? If I stare at them will they go away? Maybe if I turn around in some more circles I can think more clearly. oh! oh! What should I do? I wonder how Esp. is doing. Oh! I guess I should think about my hito and how we're going to get out of here, but now it's so hot. IT'S Sooooooooooo HOT! HOT! But, wait, I think I can........Oh, here I am outside with all the people!!! Gracias a Dios! How did that happen? Last I remember I was standing in the burning flames and, NOW, lo and behold! I'm outside in the fresh air. It's a miracle!!!
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

here is the follow up thread in the forum.. and everyone's reaction...
dear Olga... will always remember her fondly... God bless, wherever you are

http://foro.telenovela-world.com/n4/read-t.php?f=23&i=2510&t=2504#reply_2510
 

Vanessa in Teresa -- of course! I knew I had seen that Lolita somewhere...

Vivi, Padre Loopy, so appropriate.

R la O, I think you would have to have a very exciting life for most of this TN vocab to come in handy. Or maybe deploying it would GIVE you an exciting life.

I'm having trouble getting into this TN for some reason, although the interiors are very beautiful. I want to move right in. But after El Tal, it's just not...stupid enough, I guess. I'll give it a couple weeks and see how it goes. In the meantime, I'm still sneaking around in the afternoon with my unwholesome obsession...
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder