Friday, April 06, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #195-196 Thu 4/5/12 Everyone wigs out, especially Mónica.

*Cemetary. Mournful, yet positive*
Whole family: We miss you, Laurita! Here’s a truckload of orange flowers to redecorate your cozy abode!
Rebe Original Recipe: You’re lucky to be marrying a man who loves his family so much, hija. You’ll be very happy.
*La Válvula. Hostile*
Frida: Watcha want, lady?
Moni: Where’s José?
Frida: You must be the Frenchy. Pepe didn’t mention you were an army ranger Bratz doll.
Meany: Snarl.
Frida: Now that I see what a troll you are, I don’t feel bad about my hostile takeover of Pepe’s lips and thoughts.
Meany: Stay away. He’s mine. Estúpida!
*Candy’s bedroom. Nightmare hellscape*
Candy: Uy, what horrid dreams!
Napoleón: Keep calm and carry on, mi amor.
Candy: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, why am I sleeping with makeup on?
*Lust nest de Vice. Pathetic*
Vice: Whiskey. It’s what’s for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Celeste: I’m still here. Pay attention to meeeee.
Vice: Look, get out of the Dream House. You are no Candy.
Celeste: What?! Skipper is totally as good as Barbie! Take me!
Vice: Eh, you may as well have been made of plastic, for my purposes.
*Casa Enzo. Exuberant*
Moni: Daddy!!!!!!!
Enzo: Moni, mi amor! Welcome home! Let me kill the fatted calf! Erm… what happened to you?
Moni: New luke! You like?
Enzo: Well, I bought my sweater in the kids’ department, so I suppose I shouldn’t criticize.
Moni: EEEEE!!!!! Chela!!! Baby!!! Know what? Frida’s nasty. Smoochin’ on MY Pepe! The nerve!
Chela: No, no. They’re friends. They have a lot in common.
Moany: Friends? Does he also make out with Tomás? Do I go around sucking face with Kari? Do you think Pepe’s into Frida?
Enzo and Chela: Eek. Erm, maybe just a little. You can fix this, McGuyver.
Me: Maybe with duct tape. For Frida’s mouth.
*Building K. Awkward*
Frida: Pepe! I need you! Your novia is such a witch!
Pepe: What did you do?
Frida: She started it! What, are you taking her side?
Pepe: Of course I am! Look, you and I are just workmates. Don’t debase yourself like this.
*Casa Lopez kitchen. Hysterics*
Candy: AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I saw Nappy!
Pancho: Yeah, he totally rose from the dead just to tease you! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, wait, you’re really freaked out. There, there. Bear hug. HAHAHA!!!
*Big house garden. Sunny and cheery*
Rebe La Primera and Candy: Let’s go running together! Wheee!
Adrián: It isn’t stalking if you’re rich and drive right up to the front door.
Ladies: Aren’t you the cutest thing? Go right on in! Ana’s inside!
Freddie, in background: Grrrrrrrr.
*Inside big house. Delusional*
Chucha: Sure, perfect stranger! Make yourself at home while I fetch Ana!
Ana: QTH?! Go away!
Adrián: I take neither hints nor direct orders.
*Avon conference room. Functional, for once*
Raymundo: Finally, we can have our old presidency back.
Pina: What are you insinuating?
Pancho: Ahem. What are our marketing plans for the Christmas catalog?
Pina and Arnoldo: We plan to introduce some Christmas products.
Pancho: Brilliant. Now that I’ve done my brilliant presidenting, I’m leaving while Rebe and I honeymoon. No, sulfurous one, you are not in charge.
Vice: I’m taking my balls and going home!
*Avon. Melodramatic/no-nonsense*
Celeste: Boo hoo!
Sandra: Well, what did you expect? You were an idiot; get over it. If you want to get ahead, work hard and be dignified.
*Avon conference room. Still functional?!*
Pina: Newsflash. I am getting a divorce.
Pancho: About time. Enzo’s in charge of Avon while I’m gone.
*Vice’s office. Contentious*
Vice: Traitor!
Enzo: You started it. BTW, you don’t have Pina’s shares backing you up anymore.
Vice: Meanie!
Enzo: BFFs again?
Vice: OUT!
*Guardería. Very sad*
Lupita: Nayeli, I can help. Are your parents mistreating you? Let’s go talk to them.
Nayeli: No! Mom isn’t home!
Lupita: What is your dad doing? We have to stop him!
Nayeli: No! Don’t say anything! He’ll hit me!
Lupita: Well, what does your mom say?
Nayeli: Nothing! He hits her, too!
*Casa Grande. Saucy*
RebeMama: What hot gossip about Arnold Flowerz! So how did you ever fall in love with that scumbag Iracheta?
Candy: Ooh! There’s Ana! Did you know she’s with Iracheta’s son? But what’s this Adrián dude doing?
Adrián: I will not give up!
Ana: What part of “never” don’t you understand. Buh-BYE.
Gossip Gals: Ooooooeeeeeeee! Hola, guapo!
Ana: OUT, stalker freak!
Adrián: Muchas smooches.
Ana: POW!
Adrián: Wow, that’s hot.
*University. Whoa*
Freddy: Kari! Why are you dressed as a yak?
Kari: Mi amor! What’s happenin’?
Frauddie: You and me, bebeh. Pucker up.
Kari: Le sigh, le heave.
*Casa Enzo. Miserable and hostile*
Pepe: Ummm, you look great. So, did you mean what you said?
Moany: You nasty rotten cheater cheater pumpkin eater! How dare you?!
Pepe: Well, you were gone a whole month. She just appeared in front of me. Do you need a doctor’s note documenting my galanbesoparalysis?
Moni: This is MY fault?! So you’re friends with benefits now? She sleeps over? The thought of her with you in OUR bed is nauseating!
Pepe: OUR BED?! You abandoned me! Nothing happened with Frida!
Moni: You kissed her, right? Get out of my home!
UnPeppy: As you wish, Princess.
*Pancho’s office. There, there*
Celeste: Boo hoo!
Pancho and Rebe: Yeah, you’re an idiot. But buck up.
Celeste: Please don’t fire me!
Pancho: Nah, we never fire people for anything. How about a transfer to the Celaya plant?
Pina: Well, well, well. The latest hoochie. Have fun living with the shame for the rest of your life. Say, Pancho, want to buy my house?
*Casa Lopez. Girl power*
Ana: So then I popped him in the snoot!
MamaRebe: My kinda girl!
Ana: We need to plan a bachelorette party.
Candy: With strippers!
MamaRebe: Rebe would kill me. Ladies only.
Candy and Ana: BORING!
MamaRebe: Yep. Perfect for my daughter.
*University. Steaming*
Kari: Freddy! Let’s kiss again some more!
Pepe: Qué the hell?!
*Pancho’s office. Giddy/resigned*
Pancho and Enzo: Rebe, we need your permission for mumble mumble bachelor party mumble.
Rebe: I don’t want to know. Do whatever.
Pancho: Enzo! What are we going to do?
Enzo: It’s a surprise! (I still have a couple hours to think of something.)

*Vice’s office. Tedious*
Vice: Everything is about me!
Arnoldo: Let me chastise you while simultaneously enabling you, as always.
*University. Depressed*
Pepe, via phone: Frida! I just saw Freddy kissing Kari! I have to break his snoot at the moment, but can I pencil you in for an inappropriate chat later?
Frida: Okey doke.
*Casa Lopez. Excited*
Lupita: What better place for a bachelorette party than a daycare?
MamaRebe: We have to hurry up and shop for this party that is in just a few hours, which we are just now starting to plan.
*Avon. Bickery*
Vice: Enzo! Let’s hang out!
Enzo: Sorry, buddy. Got plans.
Vice: Wah! Now I have to go to the tarty massage place alone.
Enzo: Hmmmmm.

*Guest bedroom. At odds*
MamaRebe: Everyone’s going out tonight! Fun!
Dad: Bye. Leave me alone to read La Media Naranja.
MamaRebe: Julio, can’t you make some effort to get acquainted?
Dud: No.
*La Válvula. Gloomy*
Pepe: Frida.
Can’t talk. I’m sad and I’ve got better plans.
Frida: Sniff.
*El Paraiso. Festive, in a way*
Vice: What is that infernal noise interrupting my therapeutic beating?
Enzo: Pancho, surprise! Look! Cake and mariachis and drinks and lots of trashily objectified women!
Pancho: Woohoo! Hey, I smell sulfur.

*Big house driveway. Muy hostile*
Ladies: Okay, we all here? Let’s head out for some FUN! Look, there’s Pepe and Freddy.
Pepe: POW!
Ladies: OMG! What’s that about?
Pepe: That’s for smooching on Kari!
Ana: QTH?!
Freddy: Yep, it’s true. But Adrián came to your house, so there!
Ana: And apparently I hurt my hand for no reason, punching him!
Lupita: Pepe. Dude. Do you see the irony?
Pepe: Huh?
Lupita: Estás viendo la paja en el ojo ajeno. You did exactly the same thing Freddy did.
Pepe: No, it’s totally different.
Lupita: How, Mr. Double Standards? Should I go punch Frida in the face?
*El Paraíso. Supposed to be fun, I guess*
Vins: Every party needs a pooper, that’s why I invited myself!
Enzo: Here, whiny baby, have a bottle of whiskey.
Scantily clad theme dames: Ooooohhhh, Pancho! Slurp!
Pancho: I am so flattered! Women hoping for big tips are pretending to love me!
*Guardería garden. Festive*
Ladies: Surprise! Look how many heart-shaped balloons and cheesy decors can be bought on short notice!
Rebe: Yay! Barb, you’re back!
Everyone: Cheers!
Party time all around. Dudes: dancing. Ladies: terrible games.
*Casa Pina. Looking up*
Pina is reading “Despertar a la Vida.”
Pina: I am not believing all these affirming statements I am repeating from the book into the mirror.
Freddy: Hola, moms.
Pina: What happened?! Did Ana give you a hicky?
Frauddie: This is my reward for kissing Kari.
Pina: YAY!
Freddy: No, not yay.
*Avon. Hungover*
Barb: Tell me everything! Let’s catch up!
Rebe: My wedding dress is so pretty! I have had to go to extremes to hide my dress from Pancho! Let me talk about my pretty pretty dress so much it seems certain some evil will befall it!
*Pancho’s office. Perky*
Enzo: Hey, I should buy Pina’s house! Then Chela and I can live right next door!
Vice, via phone: I am so needy and demanding! Get over here, Enzo!
*Guardería. Super safe and wholesome*
Ana: I never should have taken that chump back in the first place! Loser!
Lupita: Yeah, whatever. Say, will you put on the teacher smock and watch the kids awhile? Cuz fire extinguishers and exit signs are more important than having enough qualified staff. I’ve got stuff to do.
Ana: Yeah, okay. Good thing Chela’s here, too, in case I forget to think about anyone but myself.
*Casa Lopez. Chismosa*
Candy: So, why did you marry Julio? You’re such opposites!
MamaRebe: Well, we were happy for a long time. But now he’s an old codger stick-in-the-mud and he never wants to do anything fun. And I have so much life left to live!
Adrian: I’m baaaa-aaaack!
Ladies: Well, this is a little awkward. But we’ll chat with anyone! Got any good gossip?
*Kiddie Kamp. Neglecting the kiddos*
Chela: Are you giving up so easily?
Ana: Yep. Dunzo. No more mama’s boy for me.
*University. Yikes*
Kari: Freddy! Here is a butterfly craft I made for you, to symbolize our LURVE!
Freddy: Um.
Kari: You look sad. Let me cheer you up! Let’s be butterflies!
Freddy: No, this butterfly is sad. QTH am I supposed to do with this thing? You weirdo.
*Casa de Children. Locos taking over the manicomio*
Adrián: Ana, mi amor! Look, more flowers! That’ll work, right?
Ana: Oh. Em. Gee. Get lost!
Adrián: Hey, kids, I’m in charge now! I’m so fun!
*Pancho’s office. Schmoopy*
Wedding planner: I’m thinking chamber music during dinner.
Pancho: BORING!
WP: And then Los Tucanes de Tijuana for dancing.
Pancho: That’s more like it. Let’s talk about the secret dress some more. That thing hasn’t been hyped enough. Then let’s waste this busy lady’s time making her watch us make out.
*Vins’s office. More orange than usual.*
conversation with Enzo we know by heart by now
*Policería café. Angsty*
Tomás: Well, you have to figure out which of them you love more.
Pepe: Wah! So hard! I love Moany, but she was so mad!
Tom: What did you expect? How do you feel about Frida?
Pepe: I like her!
Tom: So?
Pepe: I’m no good at multiple choice tests! Tell me the answer!
*Slum. Grim*
Lupita: Knock knock. Hello?
Bad Dad: What the hell do you want?! Scram!
Lupita: Where is Nayeli? I am very worried about her!
Bad Dad: I have no idea! Get out!
*Pancho’s office. Giddy and schmoopy*
Rebe and Pancho: Yay! Our rings!
WP: Do you think we should book another church, in case the cathedral doesn’t work out?
R and P: No way! We’re special! Everything works out for us!
*Kiddie Kamp. I think they lost the kids*
Adrián: Chela! Let’s be buddies!
Ana: How much trouble would I get in for punching him in the daycare? If I have a puppet on my hand when I do it, does that make it okay?
Enzo, via phone: Chela! I have a surprise for you!
Adrián: Ana! Let’s go to dinner!
Ana: I give up. Why not?
*Telephony. Sultry and seductive*
Candy: Hola, Arnold!
Arnold Flowerz: Muchas smooches, mi amor divina! We must meet to talk about your boutique, mi querida Candy…oops! Pina!
Pina: Traitor!
Mañana: The big day. The big secret wedding dress looks just like a wedding dress. But who’s that up in the balcony?

Labels:


Comments:
I love your style so much, I wonder if I could try it? So we worried about Moni for nothing, she was not captured by the robot king while in Paris? I missed these (two) episodes. I just hate that they are ruining our fun, and this show, by running it two hours a night. What a crazy decision.
 

Julia- I love these snarky conversation recaps. I also loved the title. Both Freddy and Pepe seem to have lost their minds and deserve to be dumped by their girlfriends. Can't believe Pepe could see that he did the exact same thing as Freddy. Ana and Moni need to move on. Thank you for pointing out that Adrian was being totally stalkerish. But I guess he's being set up as Ana's 2nd galan.

Wow! Moni really has a new Luke. I liked the second dress she wore. It was cute. I don't mind the fuschia hair.

I thought it was funny that Vince ended up being part of Pancho's party. He is so lonely and pathetic right now. By the way, Candy had already set up the bachelor party at Paraiso for Enzo. He didn't think about it on the spot when Vince mentioned he was going there. That's why he looked so worried when Vince said that's where he'd be that evening. I'm glad that he didn't totally ruin the party and eventually joined in.

It wasn't very safe for Lupita to go confront Nayeli's dad all alone like that. She even tried to push her way into the house. I think she needs to talk to Tomas. I'm not sure what the best solution is. Child services in Mex is never shown to be the most safe/reliable in these tns, and being an orphan with no family is shown as being one of the worst fates. What will become of the poor child?

Love that Enzo and Chela may move in next door. Looks like the Irabbiens are being voted off the island-- Pina, Freddy and Vince.
 

Thank you Julie for this great snarky recap. Love this style of writing.

Agree with you Vivi on all your comments. Pepe is dense as a box of rocks. How he can't see what he did with Frida is the same as what Freddy did with Kari, he needs a clue.

Arnold is in a bunch of trouble with Pina now. Poor Arnold.

That bachelor party was funny. Vins didn't even ruin it like I thought he would.

Where is Nyeli? I hope that Dad didn't do something to her. Lupe should have taken either Pepe, Tomas or maybe Pancho with her. She shouldn't have gone alone. I am glad she went to Pancho and told him what was up.
 

Thanks for your recap Julia. Its a bummer that Pepe and Freddy have lost their minds.

I'm also glad Vice didn't ruin the bachelor party. And the fact that Irabbiens may be moving (or being voted off the island, good one Vivi) is an interesting development.
 

Thanks for clarifying the bachelor party setup, Vivi.

Lupita definitely should not have gone alone. Since the parents don't seem to care about Nayeli at all, I wonder if Lupita could get them to sign over guardianship to her. She needs to take someone who can stay calm with her when she asks, though. Maybe Enzo.

I don't think that time in France with Vio was good for Moni. It's hard to tell while she's justifiably mad at Pepe, but she seems to have gone a little lifeless along with putting on a wig and three pounds of makeup.
 

The title is so apt, Julia.

I hate Moni's new "luke." What is the point? Is it to show how she has fallen under her mother's shallow spell?

I'm not liking her whiny self much these days. Of course she has a right to be mad at Pepe for kissing Frida. But she has never been willing to take responsibility for her part in their problems.

Good for Lupe for pointing out Pepe's double standard. He keeps saying the two cheating kissy face scenarios are not the same -- what world is he living in? They are just the same.

I don'tlike the slimy stalkerness of this Adrian guy. I hope that he is just a diversion to keep the plot going. I like Freddy & Ana together. Besides there seems to be too much tribalism going on here. The attempts to forge relationships across the lines of social class are being sabotaged. The Pepe/Moni/Frida situation certainly seems to play up how it's bette to "stick with your own kind."

Güera
 

Guera-you are so right about the social class thing. Maybe the writers are just creating this problem when they extended this TN.
Hoping that Freddy and Ana get back together and Moni and Pepe too.
 

Sorry about all the typos. Two hours of show to recap kills my will to proofread.

I stole the recap style from Blue Lass of Talismán. Here is my inspiration recap. It's worth a read even if you've never seen El Tal.

Moni had changed even before she heard about Frida. She was always kind of cold and brusque talking on the phone to Pepe. Freddy and Pepe have both lost their minds. Freddy at least seems to be admitting fault for his own actions. But Ana took him back after Kari was relentlessly after him, yet he can't trust her when Adrian is in pursuit and she insists she isn't interested? Lame.

With the wedding tonight, I think we're heading into a new act of our show.
 

Julia, hilarious recap from top to bottom. A few of my favorites:

“*Lust nest de Vice. Pathetic*"

“Vice: Whiskey. It’s what’s for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.”

“You can fix this, McGuyver.”

“Adrián: I take neither hints nor direct orders.”

Honestly don't know why I'm still with Freddy, but maybe it's because he at least knows he's acting like a fool and hasn't wavered in his feelings for Ana. And I don't feel he was into the kiss with Kari. On the other hand, Pepe is into Frida and deserves everything Moni throws at him.
 

Julia I am so sorry. I used Julie's name instead of yours. Fingers are faster than the brain sometimes.
 

Que pelirroja Monica! and what a ugly whiny mouth she has. She should just take her spoiled little self back to mama. I wasn't crazy about her before and even less so now. Pepe deserves better and I don't mean Frida.

I guess were back to the crises of the "kiss" again. They are acting like teenagers!

Fun soltaro party at Paradiso.
 

Anon- I think Ana still IS a teenager, and Moni, Freddy and Pepe aren't far from being teenagers either.
 

Is galanbesoparalysis covered by insurance? Is there any medication for it? It seems to be a serious problem in telenovelaland.

When I speculated on the weds recap last night about Monica's hair I was half-kidding. I didn't think they'd make such a mystery over a hair change. It looks ridiculous to me (it doesn't really flatter her) but it's harmless.

Her attitude, on the other hand, might not be so harmless. I'd expect her to be the biggest casualty, though. Pepe already has his rebound relationship all lined up!
 

Hey, maybe Moni would like Adrián! She already has a history of falling for pushy, persistent types...

Standard treatment for galanbesoparalysis is a swift smack upside the head. Unfortunately, it does not inoculate against future attacks.
 

I like Adrian... for someone else. I was hoping he'd take a shine to Candy or one of the other grownups, but he's really focused on Ana despite not really knowing her at all. (I know I said the same thing about Orion's interest in Elena, but frankly my standards for Elena's boyfriends aren't as high.)
 

You all are being very patient and/or quiet. I should have the recap up in the morning, but please don't wait for me if you have something to say!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder