Tuesday, May 15, 2012

El Talismán #75 Tue 5/15/12 Boots in the Cemetery, Boots on the Bed. Pedro in Jail has a Golpe on his Head.


*I literally got a speeding ticket rushing home from work to do this re-cap! 

We begin with suitcase-less F1 walking in and being confronted by a raging Antonio. “Have you been spying on me?”   “No, papa, no vi nada.”  “I haven't seen anything.” She said she was off doing homework with friends, but when Antonio wants her to call them for proof she fesses up that she was with Armi.  He threatens to send her to Hogwarts tomorrow.

The primos are sitting in their car discussing the Fabi situation.  Armando, showing more sense than Assgusto and Paolo (Abismo) combined, worries about her being under age.  Oops, I spoke too soon.  His next sentence is “I will take her out by force if I need to.”  He can't wait a whole half year until she turns 18.  Yikes, I feel a statutory rape charge comin' on.

The doc is examining Pedro in jail.  Yep, he has a golpe en la cabeza.  Chief tells him to get some sleep (opposite of what the doctor would have recommended, right Carlos?).  Pedro retorts with a chuckle that tomorrow Antonio will testify against him and he is sure the chief will believe those lies.

Key-thief Manuel walks Maria to the door.  She turns down his request for a glass of water, but then gives him some sugar.  It's one of those biting-lips kisses.  I am visualizing Elvira on the other side of the door, toilet paper tube held to her ear trying to hear what's going on.  Instead up walk the primos.  “Mama” says Angel.  Awkward.

Camila is bawling her eyes out on the couch while Geno pets her head.  Camila wonders why all the bad things always happen to her.  Her?  I bet Pedro, Mariana, Tia Pati and many others would beg to differ. Geno tells her to have patience.  “At least you won't have Lucrecia, Rest in Peace, making your life impossible.”  LOL!

Antonio is trying to hide Lu, and tells her to keep it down and stay hidden as he is going to deliver the news of her death to Pig.

Pig and his poke are lounging in bed.  She is telling him he is a marvelous lover.  (Bring Me a Bucket!)
Ewwww, also Pig is shirtless.  That is one bacon strip we did not need to see.  Antonio knocks, Pig grunts, Antonio says he has bad news and it's important.  Pig hurriedly dresses in a white tee shirt, black shirt, pants, socks and ties his silk robe while Doris hides.  He is hollering at Antonio for bothering him.  What could be so important?  Antonio answers back “Pedro killed Lucrecia”.  Gulp.

Lulu is in Lala land with the confidence that Pedro cares for her because he told others she was still in the burning building.  Simultaneously, Pedro is in a dark cell (pupils evenly dilated) praying to get out and Camila is laying on her bed WITH HER BOOTS ON!  Is this acceptable in Fresno?  It's happened more than once.

Pig seems to be doing his infarto thing again.  He reaches for his pills.  Antonio takes the bottle away from him saying it's not time, but also getting his prints on the bottle. Doris, looking like a mouse sneaking a peek from a mouse hole, thinks “I need to hurry and marry him before he dies”. 

Antonio grieves for about as long as it takes him to make love to a woman, then starts in on Pig that he wants Alcatraz.  Pig actually gets a second wind, takes a swing at Antonio and accuses him of only caring about the property and Antonio truthfully replies “Soy igual que tu”.  “Just like you.”  Pig tells him they have a burial to plan.  Antonio realizes too late that Lu's charred bones should be in the shack. He storms out, and Petunia comes out of hiding to comfort Porky.  She rolls her eyes behind his back as she is hugging him.

Margarito visits Pedro in jail and brings him a Whole Foods bag with organic fruit, granola and blankets.   He gives him a pep talk.

Gabe, Sarita and Domitila are gossiping about how they don't feel so sad about Lu's demise.  Sarita says the important thing is the ones who are still alive and Camila and Pedro are really messed up.  Lol. 
No caca, Sherlock.  Gabe is concerned that the battle between El Tal and Alcatraz will now escalate. 

Camila is eavesdropping from upstairs.  They invite her down.  She acknowledges that her bad luck won't go away until the Negrete's do. 

F1 and F2 are talking about how weird their dad is acting.  I hear harp music.  Why is there harp music in Hell?

Oh!  This is new!  Antonio is running around a dark cemetery, panting and looking for someone to dig up.  Nice, scary scene.  I thought it was a preview for Dark Shadows.

While Armando is practicing posing for what is sure to be a Dateline-esque photo blasted across the internet, Sweet Angel is telling his mom to go for it with Manuel.  He wants her to be happy.

Manuel comes home and finds Mariana on the couch, having fallen asleep reading a book.  Even so, he proceeds to tell her about his adventure with Maria and how happy he is.  She sleeps on.  The next morning, when she is awake and responsive, he tells her again, including that Maria must learn to deal with Elvira's hissy fits.

After mutual dreams of their romantic first meeting when he nearly ran her down in his truck, Pedro gets a visit from Camila.  She tells him not to worry about her, she's strong.  It is all about her, after all.   Lots of te amo's.

Antonio enters the hideaway.  Seriously, how much of a hideaway can it be if it is on their property and they have a ton of workers flitting around.  I know of a nice casa azul in the Yucatan (Abismo reference again), if they really want to keep her hidden.  The good news is that Lu changed out of her Superman baddie clothes!  She's been wearing them since the wedding.  “Ya, they stink, but dang I look hot”.  Hot enough to set a shed on fire.

Pig and Valentin are discussing getting even with Pedro.  Panchito suggest maybe Lu isn't really dead, it's all happened so fast. They totally disregard him.

Camila goes to visit The Headband.  Elvira immediately starts in, but Camila interrupts telling her Pedro is in el carcel.  Elvira responds with an I Told You So.  Antonio comes a knockin' and smugly  makes threats because Elvira tried to poison his papa and Pedro was an accomplice.  We get one of Camila's QUE?s.  Notice she does not add the T F, to the Q, like we do.  Elvira puts her hands over her ears and even stomps her foot.

Padre visits Pedro.  In the background the police officer is suggestively stroking his night stick.

When F1 tells F2 she wouldn't mind going away to Boarding School, F2 stomps her foot just like Elvira did.  She wants to go too.

Tracy, Alberta and Panchito are conjecturing that Antonio is wound so tight, he is ready to kill someone.  Shhhh, here he comes.  Antonio walks by without even a Hey.

F1 informs Armando that Pedro killed Lucrecia. Another “Que?”.

We end with Camila demanding an explanation from The Headband.  Julieta Rosen is such a pretty lady, but those faces today leave a lot to be desired.

Avances:  Antonio is in Camila's face about getting married to him this weekend.

Recap by Rosemary la Otra; posted by Blue Lass.

Labels:


Comments:
I thought Tony looked confused when Gregorio mentioned finding something of her body! It didn't occur to him that bones don't burn in 5 minutes of fire? Then he proves that he's never seen CSI, Law and Order, etc. by digging up graves? Hopefully the fine folks in Frensno forensics DO watch tv.

It's a shame there isn't some device to record some of these threatening conversations. Could solve a lot of problems.

How quickly will Lulu's vanity make her leave wherever she is to see how sad people are at her death?

Kelly
 

Is the Negrete property protected by a spell of some sort? How can Antonio "hide" LooKrazy on their property that is crawling with family and servants? How can Pigorio "hide" Doris in his bed when people are running around the house? At least he locked his door which is a telenovela first, but still.

I'm watching now, OMG is Tony going to dig up a body from the cemetery??? Like Kelly says, nobody from Fresno CSI is gonna buy that.

Armando used a phrase to Tia Maria that we learned in Una Famila - "con ojitos de borrego a medio morir" = with a lovesick facial expression (lit. with half-dead sheep eyes).

Gosh it sure was fun watching Elvira, now wait for it, THAR SHE BLOWS!

Did Pedro really tell Padre he couldn't believe he was in jail because he had led such an organized (or well-ordered) life? Really dude? Since when?

Kelly, I love the idea of LooKrazy showing up at her own funeral. She'll probably reveal herself by falling out of a tree, or maybe stumbling in drunk.
 

And then Lu and her vanity will see how sad people *aren't*.
 

I have to say, this epi was like a bad Scooby Doo cartoon, lol. Especially the cemetary scene. I guess the writers aren't acquainted with CSI lol. Tonio is not only a bad planner but not a good results planner either.

Cap'n- The Gasbag gave "marmots" a bad name today, lol. She really blew.I knew what that phrase was as soon as Army said it, too much UFCS. lol.

Kelly you are too funny. Agree with you about the recording device. Cameela could wear one somewhere and get all his dirty little secrets. I liked your idea about the funeral. She would just show up out of the blue. And she would really see the only ones there would be the Negrete family.
 

I'm still upset with these writers that we never got a funeral for Tia Patty and Claudio. Maybe there won't be "enough" left of Lucrazy to have a funeral too.

Cap'n I too wonder how in the hell the Beltbuckle will be able to hide her on that estate, especially with Panchito nosing around and Valentin too. I still like the ghost theory.
 

Love the comments! The recap is posted.

R la O
 

Jajá! "That is one bacon strip we did not need to see." AMEN.
 

Thanks Rosemary la Otra for this great recap. Sorry about the speeding ticket. I'm with Blue Lass loved the bacon strip reference lol. I'm really hoping that Panchito or Valentin finds Lucrazy soon. I really think one of them will and I'm glad Panchito at least is suspicious.

I really can't see how Cameela is going to marry the Beltbuckle. She can't stand El Viral and using her
to get him to marry her won't work. I wonder how he is going to "prove" that Pedro had a hand in poisoning the Pig.
 

R la O, Is this really your debut recap? I can't believe it, but yes I can because you are always such a scream in your comments.

"Pig and his poke", bwahaha!

"That is one bacon strip we didn't need to see", it brings new meaning to fatback, doesn't it? I was going to make spaghetti carbonara tonight but after reading this it's going to be blue cheese gnocchi.

"I thought it was a preview for Dark Shadows", perfect.

"“Ya, they stink, but dang I look hot”. Hot enough to set a shed on fire." Just brilliant! I was laughing so hard at this. Actually through your whole recap.

Thanks so much R la O. What a bummer you got a speeding ticket, you little speed demon.
 

Blue - Thanks again for posting the recap for me. Of course our computers are compatible. Look at us!

Madelaine - I am glad you guys liked the bacon strip line. That was an unbearable sight to look at. Give me dough boy Armando's torso any day over Pig's. What Doris puts up with! And then to tell him he's a great lover. I am sure with her 100s or 1000s of men, he just can't rank up there as marvelous.

Sylvia - My, you sure know how to pleasure a woman. Thanks for the praise. It's good to get that first recap over with. I never dreamed it would prompt a menu change. Hope your blue cheese gnocchi was as yummy as it sounds. I had Sunday's leftovers: tomatillo shrimp. Mmmmmm

R la O
 

Mmm...tomatillo shrimp? Sounds like something I need to cook up. And yes, the blue cheese gnocchi was a good substitution for BACON. Come to think of it though, there is plenty of cheese in El Tal too. Especially the stinky blue variety.

I think my favorite scene from this episode was Tonio stumbling through the cemetery. It (and your comment) inspired me to go see Dark Shadows tomorrow.

Thanks again for such a fun and thorough recap. Were your closed caps working for you? Because I think you got everything.
 

Yes, I found them on CC3 on a tv I don't ordinarily watch. Silly Comcast for telling me I couldn't do it.
 

I was glad the prison doc had a class on pleasuring women, too -- he made Pedro take off his shirt so that he could check the golpe on his head.
 

Favorite lines not already mentioned:

“He threatens to send her to Hogwarts tomorrow.”

“She turns down his request for a glass of water, but then gives him some sugar.”

“Petunia comes out of hiding to comfort Porky.”

“Why is there harp music in Hell?”

ITA on Camila’s little pity party – I couldn’t believe she was whining about how bad things always happen to *her* when as far as she knows someone has just BURNED TO DEATH. Ai ai ai.
 

R la O, great 1st recap of ET. I wondered how you learned Spanish so fast then I read that you found CC3, for which I am grateful.

How can Cam marry the Ant? She tells everyone that she is Pedro's wife. I know the padre's marriage ceremony is not legal until they sign the civil paperwork, but this is a TN and they have different laws. Someone needs to publish a book of those laws for the uneducated. Of course, they are always changing the laws so I am not sure a book would help.

How can the Ant prove that ElViral doctored the pills. Everyone and their cousin have handled the darn things.

I was surprised that Pig was upset about Lulu's death.

Note to the Ant: Good luck keeping Lulu under wraps.

Rosemary Primera
 

Thanks, Blue. Camila is so self centered. I don't think they are trying to make her come across like that, like they are with Elvira, but it sure is convincing.

Rosemary Primera - Thanks for the kind words. I don't know how I could have done it without CC3. Maybe some day. However I still will use, and highly recommend, CC1 for all other times.

Pig was as sad as Pig could be. It was brief then he focused on vengence. I thought it was funny when Lu was so impressed that her dad, F1 and F2 were sad, then Antonio reminded her people always act sad at first then forget the dead one in 3 days.

He also told Lu that Doris was not sad, and Lu said "well, she is stupid anyway". Was it Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn who went to his own funeral? I hope you are right, RP, that Lu does the same.
 

Hey y'all we got our recapper side bar back. I noticed it this morning. Yay!
 

How long do you think it will take before Lucrazy gets cabin fever and finds a way out of that cabin? Do we all think that she will stay in there without ever seeing Pedro again? She is so Pedro crazy she will find a way out of there just to get a peek at him, somewhere.
 

Rosemary la O, what a fantastic job. This is your first? Seriously? This is excellent. Congratulations.

As for the chief telling Pedro to get some sleep... wrong advice for a head injury but in Pedro's case, I'll make an exception.

I know that I'm supposed to like Manuel, but he has managed to rub me wrong from the get go. I think that he's unprofessional, silly, self-centered, selfish, inappropriate, and immature... qualities I generally admire in a TN character but not physicians. I'm betting that he has bad breath as well.

Carlos
 

Carlos, I think Manuel is a designated good guy now that Angel has pronounced him "muy buena onda." María may feel differently when she finds her car keys in his pocket.

I think Mariana has officially gone over to the bright side as well, as she was praying to the Virgencita. Bad girls *never* pray to the Virgencita.
 

Blue Lass, I think you're on to something, although I seem to remember Fina (CME) sending up a super-blasphemous prayer to the Virgin. I fully expected to see her struck down by lightning. She also sang a very good rendition of Ave Maria at her ex-husband's wedding shortly before gunning down the bride (our current Elvira) and groom on the steps of the church.

Carlos
 

Oh, dear. Perhaps it depends on what they pray for. CME-Fina was probably praying for...good aim.
 

Thanks, Carlos! I tried. Fina singing Ave Maria was the best! The look on her face as she sang, and the look on Gonzo's face as he wondered where he'd heard that voice before. One of the best scenes from one of the best shows.

Madelaine, I'm loving the sidebar! I feel like I am seeing my name in lights.
 

R la O, I forgot to say your title is super! It was both Sawyer and Finn who returned home in time to attend their own funerals. Love the book, love the old movie.

Carlos, thank you for reminding us of Fina singing Ave Maria. ITA with R la O, one of the best scenes ever.

Yay! Our El Tal sidebar is back up.
 

R la O congratulations on this great first recap and title.

Over the past few episodes it seems the producers have let the previous writers show up again. Boo.

Carlos - your comments on Manuel were hilarious.
 

R La O:
What a great recap. Of all the absurdities in El Tal, this may have been the most extreme'

"Oh! This is new! Antonio is running around a dark cemetery, panting and looking for someone to dig up. Nice, scary scene. I thought it was a preview for Dark Shadows."

Oh, my, I laughed until I wept.

I loved your recap and your gentle-edged wit. A Pig and his Poke, indeed.

Congrats, Amiga, on a job well done.

EJ
 

Congratulations, Rosemary La O. You have joined an elite group of wordsmiths, working hard in a foreign language to make the non-sensical sound sensible in English. You nailed it, girl. The hilarity in your comments transferred beautifully to the front page.

I've only had an opportunity to spot check the action (ff-arding through the minor actions) in the last couple of weeks, but carefully reading the recaps, so I can keep up.

When Ant was tiptoeing through the cemetery, I had to stop and rewind. Is he really going to dig up someone's grave and exhume some bones so El Pig has something to bury? Please tell me it ain't so.

I should be commenting on today's episode, but I haven't gotten there yet.

Otra vez, felicitaciones, Rosemary La Otra for a bim bam bum of a debut.
Anita
 

Karen - These writers certainly run hot / cold, but we sure are getting some action now.

EJ and Anita- Thanks for the pats on the back. Gentle edged wit and bim bam bum are things I've never been called before. I'll wear them with honor!

That cemetary scene really was cool. They had his mic turned to high. The panting was creepily sexy. But more creepy than sexy.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder