Wednesday, May 09, 2012

El Talismán #71 Wed 5/9/12 One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

 

Today on El Talisman:

There were no refrito today, they started right in. Mariana, Cameela and Pedro are still at El Talisman. Mariana is assuring them she will give Pedro the divorce, and Cameela and Pedro thank her. They say they hope Mariana finds love with a new man. Pedro tells her again that she is like a sister to him, and he married her because he promised her Papa he would protect her and look after her. Mariana is like, wait a minute, you don't want to be with me because of Camilla? They tell Mariana she is contradicting herself. They just want Mariana to be happy to find love with another guy. Pedro assures her once again, he has always loved Cameela, never wanted Mariana's money and they only want her to get her memory back so she can see that what they have been telling her has been right all along. Mariana assures them she wants her memory back. Mariana leaves El Talisman and Pedro asks Cameela if she thinks Mariana remembered anything. Cameela doesn't think so. Cameela and Pedro are talking about Mariana not having her memory back and Cameela is jealous, Pedro reminds her he loves her and only her. Liliana, the social worker, has called Pedro and wants him to come to her office, she has something to discuss with him that can't be done over the phone. Pedro and Cameela go to the Social Services.

Domitilla and Tracy are taking a break and are talking about Pedro, Mariana and Cameela. Domi tells Tracy that Mariana isn't well and doesn't remember anything. Tracy says OMG you are so right, she doesn't have her memory back, but Pedro and Cameela should be together, as it was meant to be.

Valentin and Tonio have that gun and Valentin wants to know what Tonio is going to do to Pigorio. Now some of this I didn't get, so please fill in. Tonio asks Valentin if he knows where Lucrazy is. Valentin doesn't know. Valentin is more worried about Mariana. Tonio tells him not to worry about Mariana she won't say anything, because she has no memory of what happened. Tonio says something about a Dr. I didn't quite get, I think it had to do with Lucrazy.

Pigorio and Doris are in the hallway and she tells Pigorio she has come to see her girls. He is yelling at Doris and telling her that if she really loved her girls she wouldn't have left them. She gives it back to him and says what kind of class of Grandpa are you with your morals and something again about pantalones, is it the same as the other day? Please clarify. He tells her she doesn't know anything. He pulls Doris into his office and Doris says the only thing you love is Alcatrash. She says she loves her girls but she won't live there. All of a sudden, not really, but Pigorio grabs her face, and I swear he has got his tongue down her throat, but she is recipircating so at least she is breathing, (this is a big yuck factor for me, jus' saying), anyhoo, Doris breaks the kiss. She looks Pigorio straight in the eye and says she'll stay at Alcatrash only if Pigorio, wait for it, marries her! Pigorio calls her crazy and it will never happen. She can never be the duena of Alcatrash and besides she is a, wait for it *ho*, (now who is calling the kettle black , jus' sayin') She gives it right back to him and says you sure liked the way I kissed you and caressed you, non? He tells her to callate. She tells him the only way she will stay at Alcatrash if he marries her, punto. He offers her money, she wants to know how much. Pigorio says see I knew you didn't love those girls! Doris tells Pigorio she doesn't want the money, only to marry him. He tells her to leave and never come back. Pigorio wants Doris to accept the money. She asks him if this is his last word? He says yes. She says *her* last word is marry me. She kisses him and leaves. He throws his drinks glass against the door and it shatters.

Margarito has left Mariana outside of Manuel's office. She tells the receptionist she is here to see Manuel. Mariana is not looking well and looks dizzy. The receptionist says she'll let Manuel know she is here.

Margarito has gone to see El Capitan and asks him how the investigation is going into his son's death? El Capitan tells him it is still ongoing and he asks Margarito if he thinks Pigorio did it? Margarito says yes. El Capitan tells him that he could be right, but to let them handle it.

Manuel and Maria are in Manuel's office. He gives Maria the file of a patient that is having dreams or trouble sleeping. The receptionist calls Manuel and tells him Magaly(Mariana) is there to see him. He says tell her to come on back. She comes into his office and he asks her if it was hard being with Cameela at El Tal today? Maria excuses herself. Mariana says she thinks she is going crazy. Manuel says lets go home. They go home and he tells Mariana to relax and have some water. Mariana is looking out the window and Manuel asks what she is looking for. She says Santiago. She explains who he is.



Lucrazy is on the border of Alcatrash and El Talisman, and she is having a *vision* of her dressed in what looks like a wedding gown. Tonio is there and tells her Pedro is waiting for her. She wants to know where, he says just there, don't you see him? She walks over, looks down and there is Pedro with a bullet in his head, and he is obviously dead. Lucrazy starts screaming for realz and she is really *screeching* here. Tomas and Geno hear her and ask her what is wrong with her? (Now you know everyone thinks she is crazy, jus' sayin'). She tells them to leave her alone. She doesn't trust Tonio. She actually, wait for it, prays to Dios please let not this vision come true. Tonio comes outside and asks her Que Haces Aqui? She says she is thinking. He is still insisting he is marrying Cameela.



El Capitan and The Investigator (since I don't know his name, this is what I am calling him) are in El Capitan's office. El Capitan tells The Investigator that Pedro told him that Lucrazy tried to kill him. The Investigator asks El Capitan if Pedro pressed charges against her, and if he didn't he should. El Capitan says he hasn't yet. The Investigator says that the Negretes are all murderous thugs (he didn't really say that, but you get the drift).

Margarito has given Mariana a ride to the hospital so she can meet up with Manuel. She says Margarito you knew me when I lived here in Fresno? He says of course he did. She asks him about what happened to her baby? Margarito looks uncomfortable and tells her it is difficult for him to talk about, since he recently lost his own son. She gives him her condolences. Margartio tells Mariana that the loss of her baby was due to Pigorio Negrete and that he used violence against her. Mariana is shocked, violence? She asks Margo if he knows the Pig, he says he does. Margo tells her that Pigorio is muy peligroso, and if you go to Alcatrash again, don't go alone. She tells him she won't go alone again. He also tells her that Pedro stayed with her during this horrible time and took care of her until she disappeared. He also tells Mariana that the only woman Pedro ever loved is Cameela.

Pedro and Cameela are at Social Services meeting with Liliana the social worker. She tells Pedro that Santiago is not an orphan, his mother was deported. He knows that and says he doesn't think Santi has any other relatives. He tells Liliana how he found Santi. Pedro says he and Cami want to adopt Santiago. Liliana says great, lets get the paperwork together, and we need your marriage liscense (Ruh Roh). Liliana tells them Santiago needs both a mother and father that are married to have a stable home. She asks if there is a problem, Pedro-no, Cami-yes. Liliana says aren't you getting married? What about a civil ceremony? Pedro fesses up that he is married to another woman. Liliana wants to know QTH is going on here? You told me you were getting married. They tell him it is a long story. She tells them both to forget about it. Pedro wants to tell her the whole story but Liliana isn't listening. She just says Santiago needs a stable home, punto, and that is that.

Both Margarito and Pedro, seperately, go to visit Santiago. He begs them both, please get me out of here. Both of them tell him, it is going to take some time, both care about him, and to be good and stay where he is at for now. They are doing everything they can to get him out of there.

Pedro and Cameela visit El Capitan and tell him about the problem with Liliana the social worker. Pedro is really pithed at her, for not bending the rules a bit. El Capitan says he will see what he can do, but Liliana is just doing her job. He asks Pedro if he is going to bring charges against Lucrazy for trying to kill him? Pedro says no, (What, then get that alarm system Pedro, jus' sayin'). El Capitan doesn't think that is a good idea, of no charges. Pedro tells Cameela I am marrying you , so no worries, yeah right, sure, sure.

Pigorio and Panchito are in the back forty somewhere, maybe El Talisman and Pigorio is, wait for it, digging a hole! Panchito asks him what is he doing? He tells Panchito stop asking me questions and leave me in peace to dig alone! He says she is mine and noone else's. He stops digging and starts for home. He is out of breath. Pigorio goes to his room and Panchito tells him to chill out and think of his health. Pigorio thinks Doris isn't coming back. Pigorio is coughing and he tells Panchito don't worry I'm not dying yet. Panchito tells Pigorio you really need a pill, so he gives him one from the bedside table (Ruh Roh). Panchito asks him if he is ok? Pigorio says he feels better, but he looks exhausted from all that digging. Pigorio tells Panchito he really needs Doris with him.

Doris runs into Tonio and he asks her Que Haces Aqui? She says she came to visit the girls. He tells her once he marries Cameela ( I have to say here Tonio, note to Tonio, what are you smokin' dude. You belong in the manicomio cause she is never marrying your butt, jus' sayin') Doris won't be able to come to Alcatrash. She tells him I wouldn't be too sure about that. Doris has gone into the girls room and Lucrazy runs into Tonio and he says Doris is here, she says she knows all the yelling and fighting. She tells Tonio to leave her in peace. She tells Tonio she has had enough of his drivel, he is not marrying Cameela, Cameela is marrying Pedro, she says she has had enough of his blithering and illusions to leave her in peace and to stop the insanity already!

There were alot of scenes of Fabi, Army, Angel,Flor about the possiblity of Tonio marrying Cameela which I will condense. Army has to tell Fabi again, it will never happen. Tonio has tried to break up Cameela and Pedro alot, but it hasn't worked, because both know what Tonio is really all about. Flor and Fabi are relying on what Tracy said, but have major doubts. Army tells Angel about Tonio and Lucrazy and the attempts they made to break up Cameela and Pedro. Fabi and Flor are talking about Cameela and Pedro, and Tonio comes upon them and tells them Ya Basta, I AM marrying Cameela, or my name isn't Antonio Negrete,punto, and if you don't like it, I think he threatened them with boarding school again. (Note to Tonio: as if dude, you've been smoking the whacky tabbacy again, huh).

Doris has gone into the girls' room and is talking to them. They want to come live with her, but she tells them she is living with a friend for the moment, and they can't come stay there, but hey you can call me all the time. Flor is afraid that Cameela is coming to live at Alcatrash as Mrs. Tonio Negrete, but Fabi reminds her that Cameela is in love with Pedro and it will never happen.

Cameela and Pedro are back at El Talisman and Cameela asks Pedro if he is ok? He says he is but is worried about Santiago. He wants Santiago to come live with them. The next thing he says is, hey I have this great idea! Why don't Mariana and I adopt Santiago. (Say what??? Now I wonder what Pedro is smoking, is this an epidemic or what?). Cameela looks at him like he's crazy.

Tomorrow on El Talisman:

Lucrazy signs over her half of Alcatrash to Tonio.

****For Thursday 's recap we have the return of Blue Lass for regular Thursday recaps. I am so glad she is joining me with recapping this *hot mess*.

Labels:


Comments:
It seems as if Cameela and Pedro are finally going to see some happiness and now Pedro wants to stay with Mariana to adopt Santiago. Really dude, I think he is smoking something.

Tonio is compeletly obsessed. Lucrazy is even starting to look and sound sane, who knew?

Doris is playing a dangerous game with Pigorio, and what was that hole he was digging in the back forty? I wonder if he is planning on killing Doris and putting her in that hole, so she will never "leave", any thoughts?
 

I couldn't believe the most exciting avance they came up with yesterday was Doris telling the Pig she wouldn't come back unless he married here. Does *anybody* care about these two???
 

As always thank you for the recap.

I have to ask something, was Pigorio informed by his doc that he was being poisoned? Did he truly sign off half to bucklebelt?

I am wondering if Pigorio knows that bucklebelt is trying to poison him again, and hidden from viewerville he has changed the doctored pills and that hole he was digging is for Bucklebelt aka Tonio? This is done by the same people of Eva Luna, and remember she surprised us all by knowing the facts before the wedding?

Bucklebelt seems to have gone off the deep end lately, and I am wondering if they are cutting his time short on this TN, and instead will make Elvira the supervillian.

I am not sure if I'm supposed to say this, but in a recent magazine it was noted that he was not happy with this TN, and blames the failure of it on the leading actor, Pedro.

Just wondering.

Sorry for any typos. My boss is in Australia and I am working Australian hours at the moment.
 

TPTB would be FOOLS to get rid of Antonio. He's the best eye candy we've got, and one of the most interesting and complicated characters. Aaron Diaz is too good for this show, but ni modo. Isn't the whole shebang over soon, anyway?
 

Julia, I think we originally estimated that El Tal would run through late July or early August -- IF they don't extend it...
 

I don't think any failures can be blamed on the actors. It's the writers. If they had hired some of you all, this would've gone much better. Besides, Pedro is cute when he smiles, and not is a greaser sort of way (Antonio!).

Tony is for sure making Lulu look normal. Why exactly did he need that gun if he's planning on poisoning his father? And does Pedro really think the social worker will be stupid enough to go along with him and Mariana adopting? (Not the actor's fault- still the writers').

I kinda missed Elvira. I was sure we'd get to see her demanding HER CHEQUE. Maybe tomorrow.

Kelly
 

Madelaine my dear, thank you once again for a simply snarkily divine recap. I laughed and laughed. The highlight of my afternoon is sitting back with my lunch, watching this hot mess and reading your recap. It's such a fun pick-me-up.

OMG, I almost fell over laughing when Pigorio actually started digging. Is he digging up or getting ready to bury? And why didn't he make Panchito dig? I know Panchito is pretty lazy but man, he couldn't even help dear old dad? Yikes Madelaine, your theory is creepy.

I agree with Kelly, none of the actors can be blamed for this telenovela's early stupidity. They are at the mercy of writers, directors, producers and editors. I hope Antonio stays. As Julia says, he is one of the most interesting and complex characters.

I hate to say it...I missed Elvira too. Gah!
 

Nellie I don't know if this time they told Pigorio about the poison. I know the last time they did. I didn't watch Eva Luna, but that is a point. Pigorio and Tonio really hate each other. They are more like detested enemies than father and son. I too hope Tonio is staying with this show. He is the most complex character and I want to see more of his back story.

Kelly I wonder if they kept some of the scripts the old writers had already written and are using some of them as fillers. The writing had improved so much, I think they are trying to write some new stuff, and until they do, they are using some of the old stuff. Some of the scenes sometimes look like they are cut funny, like there was more that they have cut off.

Blue Lass I'm with you about the Doris/Pig story line. What are her girls going to think? I think they would be very grossed out, not to mention Tonio. I wonder if Doris is doing this to get Tonio back? It would be just like her. She really is in love with Tonio.

Julia-with you about Tonio being the best eye candy. I like the way Pedro smiles, but Tonio I have to say steals the *hotness* factor from him. I wanted to ask you about a spanish word and the meaning, it is driving me crazy. I am going to spell it phonetically and maybe you can tell me what it means, gintockey. I hear it said a lot and tried to look it up, but couldn't find it.

Cap'n thank you so much for laughing. I try to do that with these recaps. I want everyone to get a good laugh, it is good for the soul, jus' sayin' lol. I too wonder why little Panchito wasn't digging and Pigorio was. I have to say Pigorio is not in shape, what with the huffing and puffing. The reason I thought maybe the "hole" was for Doris was, I can't live without her, I need her, she can't leave yada yada, you get the picture, this way she is always near to him.

Cap'n I also agree that Santiago is the Pig's. They look too much alike. Ya know Lucrazy doesn't look like Pig at all. I wish they would do some backstory of the Pig's wife so we could see what she looked like. But knowing these writers, it will take almost to the end, like MEPS with the diary of Ana Gregoria.
 

Is "gintockey" with a hard G sound? I'm trying to hear it in my head with a Spanish accent. So far I'm coming up with nothing, but I'll pay attention tonight and try to hear something that sounds like that. Do you have any context? I'm wondering if maybe it's more than one word that you're hearing, run together.
 

Julia, yes it is a soft g sound like in gin. I wonder if it has to do with work maybe? I think that is what I heard it in reference to, or maybe a task.
 

Can you remember when you heard it? Which scene and who said it? It doesn't ring a bell with me either.
 

It was during MEPS last night. I had heard it before in DA. Damain was yammering at vladamir something about gin tock key. That's why I think it had to do with a job or a task.
 

Thanks again Madelaine. I missed Elvira, too.

As he was digging Pig said this to Piglet:

"¡Madita Doris! I hate her, but she will pay. Nobody toys with me. I'm going to bury that bitch here. That woman is mine (es mio)... or nobody's."

Yikes!

Carlos
 

Thank you Carlos, so that hole is for Doris, oh boy, I hope she runs as far as she can, takes her girls with her and never comes back. Yew, I guess he feels if he can't have her, noone will.
 

Madelaine, I'm guessing your word is "chantaje" -- blackmail or extortion.

I agree with you, BTW, about the writing. Every once in a while it seems as if one of the old writers escaped and got back into the typing pool.
 

Blue Lass I think you may be right. I heard it again tonight during LQPNA when Rohell was talking to the Tia in the hospital and he said it, except it sound more like jan tach kay. I think you are right though, cause she is all about the blackmail lol.
 

Oh, Nellie I forgot to add that yes Pigorio signed off a quarter of Alcatrash to Tonio and a quarter to Lucrazy. Tonio doesn't have the half yet.
 

Hello Strangers
I have been unable to watch this past week, but will start fresh tomorrow. If I say something that I think is original and witty, but you guys have already hee-hawed about it the last few days, disculpeme.
I've missed the laughs!
Hasta manana,
Rosemary la Otra
 

Rosemary la Otra-we have missed you here. We love your comments, so join us tomorrow as we go thru this hot mess lol.
 

R la O, I love your new picture!

Blue Lass, way to use your noggin with chantaje.
 

Great detective work, Chica Azul. I'd only gotten as far as figuring it must start with ch.

Why is Pedro backsliding into idiocy? I think I was making the same WTF face Camila did when he talked about adopting (or fostering) Santi with Mariana.

I thought it was funny the other day when Antonio and Lucrezia were whining about how Gagorio has kept them from enjoying the earnings of the ranch. Umm, haven't they both been living pretty high on the hog all these years, while never lifting a finger except to swig booze? For all his evil selfishness, El Pig seems pretty generous with the allowances.
 

Thank you all.

I just can't seem to understand why Tonio would come out and be his true self to Camilla. He was a charmer to her, so I could believe she would fall for him, but now he's just nasty. It seems that in an instant he and Lucrazia changed roles and Tonio became nutso. But who knows with this TN, Pedro turned stupid again. I thought that was the craziest statement to try to adopt with Mariana. What?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder