Thursday, June 14, 2012

El Talismán #97 Thu 6/14/12 Tomorrow, Tomorrow…


Gregorio’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Slumber Party:

Everybody is finding Papa Bear’s bed just right today. Now that Doris is gone, Elvira climbs in and arranges herself in various seductive poses, reminding him of what he’ll never enjoy again. Oh and by the way, she tells him, all that money you were so fond of? I now have direct access to it through my daughter. Elvira promises to come back and visit…again and again and again. But first, she must give him the goodbye he deserves…a hefty slap. Take that!

Doctorcito comes in to give Gregorio his next injection and Panchito shucks and jives his way to the bedside, promising he won’t be any trouble. Aw, gosh, he just wants to be near his Papa. Okay, says Dr. J, but you owe me one – if I ever run into trouble at El ‘Traz, you have to help me. Sure thing, boss, yessir. While the doc is distracted, Pancho palms the medicine bottle. Gag thought-bubbles a lot of stuff we don’t care about re: how he should have treated Pancho better when he could still move his limbs. Too late, rutabaga.


La Casita de Frascos:

Amid the high-anxiety smoochies, Pedro manages to tell Camila he has a plan. Gabriel and Sarita will get married TOMORROW and everyone from El ‘Traz will be invited, including the servidumbre. He will take the opportunity to case the joint for the medicine flasks with Mommy Dearest’s fingerprints – all she has to do is make sure Antonio stays at the wedding.

Camila rabbits off to tell Antonio to put down the pistol and take her home; she’s nauseous. Pedro pauses to say goodbye to the cabinet – “I will come for you TOMORROW!” he pledges – and is surprised by Valentín, who wants to know – all together now – “¿Qué haces aquí?” Pedro swears he was just out for a stroll and Camila who? Val threatens to tell Tony that Pedro was sniffing around; Pedro threatens to tell El Capitán that Val killed Mariana. Cara muy impactada y twitchy de Valentín. Round one to Pedro.


Antonio’s Casa de Amenazas:

Out in the sala, Camila is having another one of those “what planet are you from?” conversations with her mother. Camila confesses that the baby is Pedro’s, and Elvira tells her to just keep quiet about it. Not for long, Camila says, because Pedro’s gonna fix all this TOMORROW. Your baby will be rich, quoth the Nutmother; what else do you want? Oh, I dunno, maybe not to be held captive for the rest of my life by a psycho pistolero monkey?

Antonio is skulking around in the hallway growing his beard on fast-forward, and overhearing this conversation makes him even snarlier than usual. He gets Elvira alone and tells her if she knows what’s good for her, she’ll find out the details of Pedro’s little plan and report back to him toot-sweet. “What about my dinero?” she asks. All right already, he says; I’ll do a wire transfer. But after TOMORROW, Camila is shut up in the house until the baby’s born, and I only want to see you if you’re changing diapers. What a mensch.

Elvira dashes into Camila’s room, cries some crocodile tears, apologizes for being Joan Crawford in a headband, and promises to help with the Pedro Plan. Camila appears to fall for it hook, line and sinker…but does she really tell her mother the whole story? And does Elvira really pass it all on to Antonio? Guess we’ll find out TOMORROW.


El Departamento Three-Way:

Elvira shows up to tell Rennie she’s ready to buy him out. He says he & Rita are flying out TOMORROW and she can move right in. Since they’re still married, no property transfer is necessary. She suspects a trick, but he says he’d do anything to be divorced from her. She flounces out after wishing them a lovely plane crash and death. Rennie promises Rita a whole new world of adventure and absolutely no more with the getting married.


Back at the ‘Traz:

Doctor Jaime comes back to give Don G his evening injection, and Panchito slips the brown bottle back into his maletín. After he leaves, Pancho tells the pig that he swapped the “medicine” for vitamins, and he’ll be up & around in no time. Stalwart piglet! Too bad he only uses his life-giving powers on one-celled organisms. Oh well; maybe he’ll have a chance to save a human being later.


Around town:

-        Geno and Tomás announce that they too are getting married TOMORROW, and Antonio says, “What are they putting in the food over there?”
-        Angel asks Flor to be his novia, and she gives him the capital-K Kiss.
-        Doris calls Lucas on the phone and tells him that she must marry Gregorio TOMORROW.
-        Pedro admits to Gabe and Margarito that he should probably have a Plan B in case something goes wrong. Ya think?


Setup for the Showdown:

Against all odds, it appears that TOMORROW has actually arrived, and El Tal is in a flurry of wedding preparativos. Margarito joshes with Gabriel that it is his last chance to escape, and Gabe answers that he doesn’t have anywhere to go. I think he’s joking. Pedro has gotten Sarita to make Lucrazy her madrina just to keep her out of everyone’s hair. Oh, and he’s paying for the wedding, so I guess poor Sarita figured she’d better go along with it.

All the El Tal men are looking dapper in black and white, and Lucrazy struts in wearing the skintight bright red dress with slutty side cutouts that every bride dreams of seeing on her maid of honor. Cue the bullfight music: Camila makes a grand entrance on Antonio’s arm, and the two couples flare nostrils across the room as a super-duper drumbeat of doom builds to a crescendo…

Amigos, this bodatón is gonna be OPERATIC.

Labels:


Comments:
Yay! Thanks for posting early. Blue Lass your recap rocks, starting with your first sentence and "Everybody is finding Papa Bear’s bed just right today." Funny!

"...beard on fast forward...", snort!

I thoroughly enjoyed the careening madness of this episode. Elvira was in top form, wasn't she? When she started to leave El Pig's room I yelled "Slap him you idiot!", and then she turned around and did, lol.

And it's going to be a Doble Boda because Geno and Tomas got wrangled into getting married at the same time.

Also, I think Elvira did trot right back and give Tonio the 411 about Pedro's plot because she said "and that is Pedro's plan." She must have revealed it during the commercial. Stupid Elvira should have made Tony give her the money first.

Wasn't that funny when Tonio picked Camila up and insisted on carrying her? She seems so much bigger but I checked and he's actually a couple of inches bigger than she is. Still, he's a pretty strong guy.

So far Panchito has been pretty useless, I hope he continues to be so. Unless El Pig gets just enough movement for him and Tony to shoot each other.

Did y'all notice Pedro macking on the appetizers? He couldn't seem to stay away from them.

Great recap! Fun episode. Blue Lass, I completely agree, tomorrow is going to be OPERATIC.
 

Oh my gosh Blue Lass, is this really all ending tomorrow? How can the possibly wrap everything up and give the villains their just punishment?
 

Oh my, Blue Lass,

"Gregorio’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Slumber Party"

That is too rich. You managed to flip over my tickle box with that wonderful opening and kept me in stitches throughout with things like:

"Too late, rutabaga."

So they've put all their chips on Tomorrow?

I'm holding my breath.

Carlos
 

Oh, Blue this is perfect, loved your title and also, what planet is the Virus from and best line of all, wait are you ready, ya sure, NUTMOTHER lol. Loved that moniker for the Virus. I laughed as soon as I saw that. Also the monkey quote about The Beltbuckle. Too funny.

Like how Pedro stood up to Val and Val sure was sweating wasn't he? I too wonder how the heck they are going to wrap this all up tomorrow. It should be tightly packed, but I don't know. When these TN's are two hours, they sure can pack some stuff in.

Blue this was your very best recap. I agree with Cap'n and everything Carlos said too.

I'm with Vivi on how they can dispense justice to all the bad guys, but hey isn't two hours the length of the movies on Lifetime, lol.
 

Excellent recap. Someone should put these recaps together so when someone tries to remake it as they seem to do so often, they can use the recaps to go from instead of the actual show. It'd make for better tv.

So I know it's pointless to ask, but what the crap hell was Elvira thinking? She could've been free from him and his threats forever. But noooo. She has to trust him over the mere indio who OWNS El Tal free and clear, the ranch that must hold some secret gold mine or something the way everyone was fighting over it. She's been consistently horrible so I'd have a hard time believing that she suddenly got a brain and used it to trick Tonio. It's more likely a setup to her downfall to maid at Bridgette's.

Tomorrow's going to be a full day. They still have to tell us Antonio's parentage and why he and Doris had to get married. My first thought here was that Antonio may not have been Gregorio's but Doris was and to control his future heirs, the Pig made them marry. But then that would mean incest between Pig and Doris and I don't even think this show would try to pull off that one. But one never knows.

Kelly
 

OPERATIC??? TOMORROW??? Do we have a theme in the making?...We bring the heavy red curtain down on this opera buffo (that just went on too long) TOMORROW.

Remember the closing words for some baseball team---"It Ain't Over Til The Fat Lady Sings?" We haven't got one in this show, but maybe Elvira will sing Ave Maria for us.

Blue Lass, thank you for giving me the whole teatrito, since my DVD recorded and then erased everything.

Loved the Papa Bear's bed is just right. Lulu must be playing Goldilocks.

And...Gregorio's Terrible Horrible...too.

And...Joan Crawford in a headband.

And...Cue the bullfight music

Big unanswered questions for the finale...will we have a MI CHEQUE or MI DINERO in the finale? Will we have an ES MIO, a QUE HACES AQUI, a NO ME TOQUES, how many ACCEPTOS or CHULAS will there be? Arrgh, as the Capn' would say.

See you all tomorrow at the matinee. Blue Lass, congratulations again on a first class performance today.
Anita
 

Thanks, everyone! Muy amables, todos.

I forgot to mention, we did have a "te amo tanto," which gives Rosemary and me double AND triple bingo. El Talismán been bery, bery good to us.
 

mille gracias por todos!
I am taping tomorrow's epi so I can get the 411 finalmente!
Thank you so much for continuing to recap this guacamole because as bad as it was in the beginning, I do want to know what happens el fin. I am glad the chisme was wrong about Rafael Novoa...he deserves better.
FYI I watched some capitulos of "Por Ella Soy Eva" when I was in Puerto Vallarta and it has similar production values as "Amorcito Corazon" and " Al diablo con los Guapos", which mix humor with drama. They are not in the "Abismo" or "La Que no Podia Amar" style. Unfortunately, I watch far too many of these telenovelas. Some directors/producers do a much better job of interpreting the stories and moving the plots along. Those of us who watched "Cuando" were spolied. let's hope "Eva", "Abismo" and other's don't dissappoint.
Faithfully watching way too many telelnovelas.
My sincere thanks to all the recappers for all the "Caray, Caray" threads. You do a masterful job of translating and interpreting the telenovelas we love/hate so much. The recaps and analysis are non-pariel (without equal).
sfchicabonita
 

Watching my recording now and I am also very impressed with how easy Aaron made it look, carrying tall/non stick figure Blanca Soto along that path.

Also, Julieta Rosen/Elvira makes me totally forget her sweet mama Regina role from CME.

My non-robot word is phreek...as in a description of most of the characters in this tn. Or as in there are going to be some major phreek outs in tomorrow's finale.
 

Dr. J!
Growing his beard on FF
Mommy Dearest
Joan Crawford in a headband
Stalwart Piglet
That whole last paragraph from El Tal men looking dapper to super duper drumbeat of doom builds to a crescendo.

So many favorites! Thanks, Blue.

Everyone grab those feathers and hot wax and I will see you at the boda!

R la O
 

Thank you for recap as always. I'm going to miss the recaps more than the show.

I am wandering if they are pulling off the same stunt they did in Eva Luna, where we think Eva, in this case Elvira, has gone one way when it turns out she has gone another, surprising all of us at the end.

I can't see Lucrazia coming out of this alive, I mean, if she does will she haunt Pedro and Cam for the rest of their lives? In the last few episodes she has come across as a lot smarter than I thought, very calculating instead of insane, and that has surprised me.

I can't wait to see the look on the faces when they see Pig has recovered, that is going to be a hoot. Will he just shoot everyone?

I've never wanted to see an end to a TN like this one, I have absolutely no clue how this is going to end, at least they did that right. I am wondering if Tonio Beltbuckle will find out he is not a Negrete and will that set him free??
 

Blue Lass thanks for your recap. Sadly it is your last one of this train wreck but I know we've all had a ball together with this TN. I wonder what the end will be. I'm betting Anita's unraveling is still the best way to describe it.

Sylvia - I'm not sure Aaron is really taller than Blanca. Regardless of where you found his height stat, basketball players often tweak their heights and they're giants so until I happen to run into him, I'm not buying it.
 

So, if I have this right, in the last two hours of the show they still have to

1. break up Camila and Antonio;
2. finish exacting justice for Mariana, which means Don Bombastico either has to go to prison or die (and considering Uni's track record I'm putting my chips on death);
3. get Elvira out of her blackmail jam one way or another; and thus
4. expose Antonio's plan to kill/immobilize Don Bombastico and his connections to Rennie, Rita, and Other Guy. Which all leads to
5. Getting Camila and Pedro married.
6. And it probably would be okay if Pancho and Tracy finally hooked up. They've been dancing around that for a while anyway.

And I can't be sure, but I think I saw Sergio Reynoso actually act in this episode when he was thought-bubbling for Pancho to help him. It was all with his eyes, and I'm admittedly not entirely certain of this with his track record, but for right now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...
 

Lol, Bill, wouldn't it be funny if Sergio Pig gets nominated for Best Actor and THAT is the film clip they show?
 

Bill, you had me spewing coffee through my nose. Yes, that Reynoso sure can act--even blinks his eyes on cue.

We need to add to your list to find out if Manuel really fathered Camila. In a way I hope it wasn't he. It would tie him to Elvira fo-evva. Bad Karma. Mama needs to go Way Away.

So glad to have had this forum in which to exercise typing skills my fingers have let lapse for a few years.

I've enjoyed the company of those who stayed on, missed some of the folks that started out with us, but all in all, it's been wonderful 4+months.
Anita
 

Oh, and check out La Plaza de Caray at Google+. The forum was started with the ending of Cuando Me Enamoro. We had such high hopes for this mess of no-longer-green guacamole. Maybe we will regroup around another tn showing up on Uni cable soon.
Anita
 

Karen, of course you are right about people faking their heights. Aaron just looks so short next to Blanca. Maybe she is faking hers too, lol.

Oh yes, we had such high hopes at the beginning and the first episode was excellent. So good that I read they actually sold this guacamole to a few countries...suckers! It went downhill at episode #2 so they didn't wait long.

Yesterday I was thinking Elvira's either going to get caught in the crossfire or she's going to go truly straightjacket bonkers once and for all.

Also, Panchito told Tracy he truly loved her and couldn't live without her, so I think we got the happily ever after setup for them.
 

As Tracy would say, Oh Em Gee! This long-awaited day has finally arrived!

I was a little annoyed by all the wheel-spinning in last night's episode. Come on, writers, we don't have time for that! Reveal lots of secrets!

Why all this fuss over finding the stupid poison pill bottle? It proves nothing. And why did Pedro keep thinking of shooting the lock off the cabinet? Aren't ranches full of tools that could pick that lock or just cut it right off? Why don't they just put sleepytime drops in the Alcatrash chow? Or, you know, in the booze supply.

Blue Lass, your recap was way better than the show. So much funny stuff.

"Too late, rutabaga."

"Your baby will be rich, quoth the Nutmother; what else do you want? Oh, I dunno, maybe not to be held captive for the rest of my life by a psycho pistolero monkey?"

"Too bad he only uses his life-giving powers on one-celled organisms."

"Amigos, this bodatón is gonna be OPERATIC." If I ever get married, I'm plagiarizing that on the invitations.

For a guy who has been abused and hated by his fauxdad and has never worked his whole life, Antonio sure has access to a lot of money. Who would have thought Pigorio would be so generous with the allowances? But Beltbuckle is never short on funds for new Chevrolets or hookers or prison boarding schools or real estate to buy off whiny marmots.

I'm looking forward to the hoedown (or ho-down) tonight. Gotta get to work so I'll have time later to swing by the market for avocados.
 

Just started watching El Gran Final. I'm going to go right out and buy some Suave Keratin Infusion Smooth and Shine Feelm so I, too, can have el luke de Sarita.

OK, back to El Gran Final, bwahahaha!!!
 

It makes you wait for it, Sylvia, but the second hour is a total trip. This includes the scene which finally justifies Sergio Reynoso's presence (hell, it might be the most unintentional comedy gold since Agata Mercenario's demise in Pecados Ajenos) and at least two callbacks to one of the climactic scenes in the final episode of Eva Luna.

Oh, and there's THE HAIR. You'll know it when it happens.
 

Bill totally agree with you. All I can say is did not expect some of the endings. I love that you pointed out the HAIR.
 

Hey Bill, I just finished. El Gran Final didn't disappoint. Yes, there were a few dangling plot lines but hey, we expected that. I'm not going to say anything about THE HAIR or any other details right now. I'll leave that to the recappers. They are going to have a ball with this. "Unintentional comedy gold" describes it perfectly.

Nellie, I was also surprised by some of the endings. It was a nice departure from the usual predictability of El Tal.

That final put me in a good mood. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my afternoon and evening.
 

Ooh, I think I'll watch it tomorrow morning as I have breakfast. Can't wait!
 

TOMORROW IS FINALLY HERE.

The recappers have been busy. We aim to please. Please don't give away too many details until we can unveil our masterpiece.

Oh, and THE HAIR. We women I'm sure all swooned--or I did and I'm a woman.
Anita
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder