Thursday, July 05, 2012

Abismo de pasión #81 7/4/12: Dam grows some backbone even at the worst of time, Gael tries to take advantage of the moment and Dr T shows his negotiating skills while AssGusto implodes

 Recap by Marta Ivett
Refrito:
Assgusto asks TangHo what is itching her now?. She starts to take a few foxtrot backsteps on the ‘Elisa is not your daughter’ script… I should have kept quiet, what if the lab results were wrong? We can’t be sure… you gotta be kiddin me! Don’t know why you doubt now what you have played on the circular tape recorder for many years. What game are you playing? Years ago you told me that Stefie had made you believe it was true… I gotta go get me some black tea.
Gael and Padre at rectory,
Padre heading to Merida tomorrow, turns down Gael’s offer to drive him there. Gael heads to bedroom but turns around … ok “suelte la sopa”, what is up with you?... don’t worry, I am ok. But Dam is not ok. … say what?... You better sit down, this will be a tough bite to swallow, maybe you can help me convince him it was all a huge misunderstanding. … Gael puts on his signature clueless face.
At Castigo manor foyer/door,
Lucio tries to warn AssGus, Elisa comes over, no need to soften the blow. AssGu has already planted the seed of doubt and there is no weeding it back out. Since you are not my daddy I won’t stay in this house. 
Lo Nuevo…
Still at Castigo manor… AssGus cannot make Elisa change her mind. Lucio has no choice but to accept the house guest(S)… again…  This is your home… no, when my mom died it stopped being my home. I will go pack… Dolores and Horacio are already packing their things too…. AssGus devastated, Lucio tries to console him.
In another room in Castigo manor, Horac is clueless and a big questioning about why they also need to go.. no need to call me brute… it is for my nina Elisa, she is going through a bitter moment and we need to be there for her… but going to plant ourselves at Don Lucio’s on top of taking his business locale, it is a big load on him… well, you can stay but I have to go… no need to even say that.
Flo and Alfie at hacienda…
Alfie irritated at seeing Flo cry so much (really?... well, each major household in the novela has its crybaby and waterworks… As soon as you get pregnant with my son I will get your dad out of jail... Flo not buying, she knows Alfie is manipulating her into giving her a grandson. Alfie has all the cards on the table right about now… I know MY Daddy is no thief, he says Gabino had a lot to do with it… Gabino is a loyal dog of mine, incapable of biting the owner’s hand… (you wish)… I can’t compete with Elisa, Dam chose her!... from now on you have the way free with Dam. Elisa won’t be a hurdle for you anymore… I don’t get it… no need for you to get it. Just be very nice to Dam from now on, he will be back at hacienda soon…
Gael with Dam in the shared bedroom, (nice to see Gael so supportive again, Dam is devastated)… who would have said it?... you can’t think Elisa and you are sibs!... but I have not found any proof to the contrary… in accepting it you would be giving up on her!... Elisa is right that we can’t just ignore what happened, we can’t risk or avoid the possibility that we are indeed sibs… (Gael sad, feeling useless)… how can I forget her? How can I forget her kisses, her smiles, what can I do to not see her as a woman anymore?... (shoulder rubbing in support… or is this just a fake act on Gael’s part?).
AssGus and Elisa in her room, she is still packing… I don’t want you to go… no use staying if I am nothing of yours… even if we don’t share blood, I am your dad, I raised you, you grew alongside me… that about raising me is a relative term, you always kept yourself at a distance, I think you always wanted to get me away from you… I need you, what can I do to convince you?... nothing, I have made up my mind. Goodbye. And thank you. forever.
Inmundo arrives home… BegoneYa was up waiting … he is surprised and confused at her ‘nice’ attitude… Have to go tomorrow to Merida to do an errand. Are you sure everything is ok? .. sure, everything is ok… Sabrina is home? … yes, went to bed right away, she is tired… ok good nite. Begone, are you not going to ask me what is the errand I have to do in Merida?... no, if I do you will say I am a gossip.
Lucio helps Elisa with her stuff heading out of the quinta… Lolita and Horac packed and ready too. Lucio asks Elisa are you sure you want to go? … yes padrino, very sure. … As they all leave, Elisa is last out the door and she turns around to look at the house one last time, TangelHo has been at the other end of foyer, looking away the whole time…
Sabrina gets home, BegoneYa immediately questions her on where she was… don’t try to lie to me, you were with Paolo L, right?  I had told you clearly you could not see him! How can I make you see he is no good for you?... I am old enough to decide. .. what about his affair with Tangel-Ho?... that is over, he told me. Better get used to the idea of me and Paolo, our relationship is progressing/serious.
TangelHo and AssGu alone in quinta, he is quiet, depressed, … she fakes support, telling him she understands… never thought it would hurt me so much that Elisa would leave the house, I have a heavy conscience, even if she is not mine, I should not have treated her like that… don’t torture yourself… she had no need to pay for the fault of others… you are going to the extreme, it is not so bad. She will be back, she will think it over and… no she won’t be back, she was very determined in her decision… what if we tell her it is not true that she is Rosendo’s child?... we can’t play with her feelings like that, she would not go back with Dam and you know it can’t be. What is it you are after with this turnaround? For many years you were the one most interested in letting her find out about it… I know, but everything I am doing is going wrong… Dang, woman, you are giving me a headache. Leave me alone… I am just trying to support you, you are my husband and I love you, even if you don’t feel anything for me. (a headache, that is what he feels, didn’t you hear that??... anyway, he goes to the bottle… his favorite way to handle stress and guilt).
CB 1
At laguna(I got a gulp in my stomach thinking Kenya would be floating around any body of water around La Ermita, but no, false alarm for now)… at Ramona’s cozy hut, Paloma is heading out, she wants to stop by to see Elisa before going to work. Don’t get why she did not leave and don’t know what is her status with Dam… (Ramona is distracted and is not paying attention).. what is wrong abuela? You have been out of it for a few days. (hug) ever since the day I showed you the record of Elisa’s aunt at the doctor’s office… I hope you have not told anyone… of course not, why would I be tweeting around that Elisa’s aunt and Don Aug were rolling in the hay long before getting married?... just get outahere… ok as you wish.
At procesa…
AssGu comes to see Gabino… came to agree to sell Gabino his Cielo Abierto farm. … why the change of mind?... you would be the last person I would sell to in this universe, but I have no other option. Have a debt with your boss I have to pay and have to do it before the interests pile up. So I rang up some numbers and here is what Cielo Abierto is on sale for(throws folder on desk)… ah caray, but I agree with it, it is fair… I will take 50% now, the other 50% when the papers are ready.
Alfie visits Dam at Rectory…
How are you feeling?... how do you think?... I feel that after all that happened lately, things can change between us… I don’t see why… at least we won’t argue about Elisa. Let’s start over please… I don’t think things between us will change only because Elisa and I are sibs!... Think about Flo, it is not fair to her to be burdened with all your problems!... mother, do you really believe that AssGu is right?... well, I would not know any better than I would know what the weather for next Monday... heh? Alright, mom, I accept coming back to the hacienda and going back to work at procesa but with one condition, if Elisa is my sib, she will get half of what is supposed to be mine (Arango fortune), are you willing to do that?...
CB 2
At Lucio’s Lolita has taken over the kitchen, Lucio compliments her on the breakfast… don’t feel obligated to do the housework. You all are my guests… Lolita does not want to turn into a couch potato… Horac went to open the butcher shop already… Elisa comes out, Lucio and Lolita do not like to see her so sad… don’t worry, I won’t let this take me down and I won’t be like this all my life (well, honey, I would sure hope so!! Otherwise Dam should shoot himself right now and get it over with!)… Lucio assures her the misunderstanding will be cleared up soon enough, but Elisa is not so optimistic… Lucio excuses himself to go do an errand in Merida… Lolita proud of Elisa for having a good outlook.. (what good outlook?)
Back to Dam/Alfie.
If Elisa is my dad’s child, she also has rights to what he left me… of course not… then forget about me returning, and I give up on the inheritance… never mind the inheritance, that money is almost gone… what do you mean?... (Alfie tells him about Guido’s fraud at the procesa… the money is gone and Guido does not want to return it, so she had to put him in jail).. Dam really impactado…
At Merida(?) jail,
Enrique Tovar had sent a lawyer to Guido… Guido repeats he is innocent, but lawyer says the case looks bad, there are strong evidences against him.
Enrique looks for Flo at Hacienda, Flo berates him for coming there to see her, he says he had to see her right away to bring her up to speed on what the lawyer dad sent to help your dad told said about what is going on. Paolo comes out and gets sarcastic about Tovar’s lawyer being the one helping Guido. Enrique tells Flo they will move Guido to the reclusorio (long term jail) today.
Back to the rectory,
Dam in disbelief about Guido’s fraud… Alfie assures him she has the proof… Dam knows Guido well, he is incapable of that, I assure you someone is behind it, maybe Gabino or even Paolo. .. that is nonsense, but anyway, you should know that the one suffering the most is Flo, she needs you  more than ever…. Alfie keeps defending Flo and telling Dam he is even partly guilty for the lost money, if he had not left everything behind, none of this would have happened… Dam insists they give Elisa half of whatever is left. Think about it, if you don’t’ then I will give up on everything… don’t blackmail me, you are very unfair to me, independent of whether Elisa is your sibling, I am your mother! I am your mother! I am a lonely woman who needs you because you are my only son. I might have been wrong in some things, but I have always lived for you, dedicated myself to you. When your dad left me, I felt I was unworthy as a woman, and it turns out now you are making me feel that I am unworthy as a mother too!... (walks away upset)… the doors of the hacienda are open for you .. but don’t put conditions to me, I am your mother, not your enemy.
Gael visits Elisa at Lucio’s..
Loopy told me everything… I lost a dad but won a brother…. Don’t play unaffected in front of me, I know you too well. And Dam is suffering too… how is he?... not good. But I didn’t come to chat about don’t-know-yet-but-he-is-my-blood-brother, I care about you! Here you have my arms, my love, my life, and if you say the word I will leave everything behind for you! (wait, Gael, aren’t you still with Paloma?)
CB 3
Gael/Elisa continued…
If you have to forget Dam because you two are sibs, then I am here, give yourself a chance with me!... let me remind you about Paloma, because you are playing with her feelings… you need me now, even if you don’t want to admit it… but you are not free, so don’t talk to me about love now…
At Castigo manor, Paloma arrives looking for Elisa, but finds only Tangel-Ho and we instead watch a sarcasm contest between Pal and Tangel-Ho.. in summary, Pal says it best in the end: the good news is mutual, we won’t have to see each other’s’ faces… but let me tell you that sooner or later you will pay for everything you have done, and I hope it is sooner rather than later (and for your sake, Paloma, leave it there, PLEEZ!! Don’t need another body floating around waiting to pop up out there).
On road, Lucio and Inmundo are driving to Merida.. oh oh, Lucio is driving… seems the truck is a bit older… they hope they will get the answers in Merida that will let them finish the suffering of Elisa..
Loopy is there to see the bishop… (played by our dear Gustavo Rojo)… interesting effect of the hands glowing red in the dark… have a problem, a confession secret that I can’t hold on to anymore… you know they are untouchable… I know, but I need your advice because I am desperate, tormented. For years I have witnessed how a confession, a lie has destroyed the lives of many people, and I have to do something to stop that suffering. I feel like I am the accomplice of the person who said that lie, and I can’t live with that weight on my conscience anymore… ever since you said your vows you were aware of your obligations as a priest… yes but besides a priest, I am a human being and I can’t watch how the people I love are destroyed little by little, have waited many years in silence for the truth to come out, but it has not, instead, things have complicated slowly with time… maybe it was a mistake to leave you there for so long next to your family, maybe it is time to change you to another parish… no don’t, please, not now at least. I have many things unresolved… the way I see it you have no internal peace, and in that state it will be hard for you to continue with your duties… please let me stay for now, later on I will go to anywhere you say, but for now I beg you to let me stay.
Gael and Elisa… he keeps offering but she says at this moment can’t be with Dam or with anyone… Gael appologizes with a hug saying he won't insist again, as Paloma sees them… Elisa walks away.. here comes Paloma following Gael… Gael surprised to see her there, she came by to see Elisa too… she is a bit miffed and Gael notices it, so he questions her. she agrees to tell him… (well, that new barking episode [have to say it is starting very similar to the earlier episode when Gael hugged Kenya after returning to save Dam’s life] will have to wait until tomorrow night… Paloma girl, take a deep breath…)
Oopsie, at Merida labs, it seems Inmundo and Lucio would need the signatures of Elisa and Dam too… Lucio gets desperate waving around his arms in frustration, Inmundo is more calm and tries to convince the nurse that he had already talked to the lab doctor about coming to get the results… she will check with the doctor to confirm. They put the doctor on phone with Inmundo, it is a personal favor…  good news… he will let her give them the results.. PHEW!!!... Inmundo does not want to let Lucio read the results since he wants AssGusto to read them first, but  Lucio can’t wait. He has been waiting too long to know the truth… YEY!!!!! They are not siblings!!! I knew it!!! She is AssGu’s child!!!
(end of ep, oh boy we will see this again tomorrow, such a sweet happy ending!)
well this ep had some of everything... it was the worst of times... it was the best of times...
have to say i don't get Elisa... on one side she slaps the heck out of Flo for speaking ill of her mother, but she is accepting that she and Dam are sibs, and that would only happen if her mother was a H_ like she has denied time and time again... which tune are you singing, Elisa? i dont get it...

Labels:


Comments:
i dont know about the rest of you but between jumping for joy at the I heart Lucio table, the I heart Dr T table and the I heart Padre Loopy table i feel like yelling WHEEEEEEE all the way to new year's eve!!.
 

Stuff we learned:

Horacio learned he comes 2nd to Elisa.

Alfie learned Damian will insist his sibling get half of his inheritance.

Guido learned he's being moved from county jail to The Big House.

Begona learned Sabrina is hooking up with Paolo.

Lupe learned the Bishop doesn't give a rats ass what carnage is unfolding in La Ermita.

Paloma's about to learn Gael will toss her aside like a broke down Burger King wrapper to get to Elisa.

Lucio & Edmundo learned Elisa is Augusto's child...and therefore not Damian's sibling.*

I learned Elisa went to the dollar store, got some cheap red doilies and sewed them together to make a skirt? shorts?


*Since TWO characters now know the truth about Elisa's parentage, I'm hoping the true paternity results come to light to Augusto and he can start piecing together the pieces now.
 

Marta, thank you for the EXCELLENT recap. Lots of talking tonight and you were definitely the woman for the job. Whew, so glad I didn't have tonight's episode.

I was blown away that the truth about Elisa and Dam was revealed. Finally! I thought for sure that the nurse wouldn't give Doc T and Lucio the tests or some stupid thing like that. Now I am worried that they will get in an accident on the way home. Pleeeeeeze telenovela gods let them make it home all right.

Shame on Gael for trying to immediately mack on Elisa.

Thanks Marta! I know how you feel, wanting to scream for joy that a few of our characters are actually thinking things through and logically planning next steps.
 

marta - thank you for the recap! There were quite a few convos that I was having trouble understanding.

". . . well, you can stay but I have to go. . . " Remembering that Horacio and Lolita are, what, weeks into their new marriage . . . when I heard that, I figured Horacio must not be all that great in the sack if Lolita the virgin bride is traipsing after "her niña". Does not bode well for the honeymooners, eh?

". . . what about his affair with Tangel-Ho?..." Has Edmundo told Begoña it was with Carmina? (I didn't understand all of that conversation)

That was a visually interesting thing Paloma and Ramona had going on with the jars.

Yes, shame on Gael for macking on Elisa.

All of Elisa's skimpy wardrobe fit into a single rolling carryon suitcase. Size '0' hot pants don't take up much space. And there you have it.
 

Way to go Marta! Awesome as always. Bad night to only be half-paying attention with so much dialog happening. Thanks for making this so much clearer.

Love, love,love Lucio! And Dr. Tovar's horizontal with Guppy is all forgiven. He has more than made up for that goof, even getting Gueedddooo a lawyer. What a guy!

Did not like what the writers made Gael do with Elisa. Sorry, but felt that was out of character. He wouldn't have consoled Dam and told him it might not be true, and then turned around and sort of hit on Elisa. They did that for plot since they most likely are going there anyway, but it just bugged me. And Pal is getting to be more and more snotty, with just occassional moments of sweeteness. I even wanted her to shut up with Guppy since when she gets like that she usually says something she shouldn't. I know we are about to see her heart-broken I'm betting, but they aren't making her terribly sympathetic (except around Elisa).

Padre--oh, you make me proud. With the previews, looks like the drinks will be flowing at the Padre table tonight.

And Sylvia, I am with you, I'm not feeling too good about Lucio and the Doc getting to town with the news. They wouldn't would they??? I may have to start a "I hate the writers" table if something happens to those two.

(And what was with the weird camera angles last night?? Asshat and the wine glass, the truck mirror:This is not a film noir - Gees, cut it out.)
 

Good work, Sylvia!

As to your question about why Elisa reacted to Florencia's remarks about Estefania, I can answer. It is one thing to believe or know your mother to have been a whore, but quite another to hear another person gloat over it or use it against you.

On that note, I'm waiting for someone to look at those results and say "So she isn't Rosendo's daughter, but then who is her father?" There were two tests:

-- Assgusto and Elisa
-- Damian and Elisa

Which of these results was handed to Edmundo?

I was going to check IMDb but you did that for me. Gustavo Rojo being typecast again as a cleric. I will be watching for Roberto D'Amico as a cardinal again considering Padre Guadalupe's issues.
 

yes daisynjay, i forgot to say i not only don't get Elisa... i certainly don't get Gael and where the writers are taking him in this two-faced 'support'... trying to give Dam some hope that it is not true that he and Elisa are sibs, but not wasting time running to Elisa to see if she will accept him instead is totally out of character. Yes he loves Elisa and we all knew he was not putting 100% in with Paloma but this two-faced attitude is just not him.
as Emiliano S-G would say.. 'que carajos!'
 

UA, i believe it was Assgusto's blood results with Elisa's that Lucio read... lucio clearly said 'SHE IS ASSGUSTO's CHILD!!' in the end...
but i think Dr T ordered copies of both since they had the pre-nuptial tests done there too.
everyone knows Dam is Rosendo's kid and now they know Elisa is AssGusto's daughter so they are not sibs, which is the important fact here.
 

oh, and i dont think BeGoneYa knows yet that it was Carmina who was Inmundo's lover. unless it happened on friday's ep which i did not watch.
 

At least that's one thing out of the way....

... so when is Kenia's body going to be found?
 

Thanks so much Marta. This was really a fantastic recap.

I was so happy with that ending. I was cheering Lucio on as he said, screw waiting for Augie to see them first, I'M reading these results, NOW. Woohooo!

I was not pleased with the bishop's advice to Lupe. This is just the opposite of what the bishop told Padre Honesto this week on Refugio when he had the same problem. Hmmm...maybe the Abismo bishop and the Refugio bishop she have a chat with each other.

Very disappointed with Gael this episode, but considering how snotty/jealous he has been with Dam, and how insensitive he has been with Pal all along, I was not as surprised as the rest of you. He is most times a great guy, but Gael can be really wrong-footed when it comes to certain topics-- Elisa being the main one. I'm still mad that he hasn't had one moment of worry/concern/curiosity about where his baby sister Kenia is.

Marta- You are right that Begonia does not know the Carmeany was the Doc's lover. She doesn't even know who he got into a barfight with (Augie) so she certainly doesn't know why.
 

daisynjay - that weird camera angle with the side view mirror on Lucio's truck was very distracting. Seeing the text on the mirror caused my brain to kick in with the old Meat Loaf hit "Objects in the Rear View Mirror...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37GrbCUvZEM and have it playing in my head. ;-)
 

ruh-roh.... remember Florencia's Mondrian style dress a/k/a The Partridge Family bus?
Welp,,,,, I was surfing a fav German sewing patterns site and the look is back in Europe, too!
http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/mondrian-dress-072012
Sheesh! Who knew we'd be getting our fashion advances from telenovelas!?!
 

Marta, like others, glad you were here for this one. As one of the anons pointed out yesterday, Abismo has garbled speakers and having the help of a native is a real treat.   Also,  love all your train of thought comments, thanks! 

"Gabino is a loyal dog of mine."  If possible, Alfonsina hit a new low last night.  Her mind is truly cruel.  

Padre went to headquarters  to ask for help and was threatened with a transfer.  Don't think he'll try that again! 

Daisy, Sylvia, I agree, no more wrecks, especially in the vicinity of Ramona's hutcita!  How do the writers plan to keep our novios apart for many more capitulos after learning the truth? Another  #%*?! pregnancy plot?

Again, I'm glad Augusto reached out to Elisa BEFORE he learned that she is truly his daughter. Also, giving up his lands to prevent her from losing hers is a monumental sacrifice on his part. 

At least Paloma managed to keep her cool as she saw the Gael/ Elisa hug. Her one-sided romance  has begun to unravel and she knows it! 
 

Carmina's personality has taken a turn toward frightened, cornered wild animal, and we all know how dangerous that can be.
 

Sandy in TN - Last night, Carmina almost looked regretful when Elisa was moving out, along with Lolita. Who else will she have to berate and emotionally abuse?
 

I know Doris, she looked "regretful" as though she wished to unwind all her lies and schemes to have her house full of victims back for her cat and mouse torture games. I think she'll spring back into full orange-cat-ho mode soon, it is too late for her.
 

Anon207, forgot to say, "Burger King wrapper" Hilarious!
 

Vivi, totally agree with:
He is most times a great guy, but Gael can be really wrong-footed when it comes to certain topics-- Elisa being the main one. I'm still mad that he hasn't had one moment of worry/concern/curiosity about where his baby sister Kenia is.


and Sandy, totally agree that Carmina is now more dangerous than ever, a desperate rabist(sp?) animal seeing no path that will bring her to a better place is something to be scared of...
 

As to your question about why Elisa reacted to Florencia's remarks about Estefania, I can answer. It is one thing to believe or know your mother to have been a whore, but quite another to hear another person gloat over it or use it against you.


Especially when the person gloating just arrived to town and does not know any of the people involved or any of the facts.


On that note, I'm waiting for someone to look at those results and say "So she isn't Rosendo's daughter, but then who is her father?"

The drama over the tests was just silly. I understand the nurse not handing over the Damian/Elisa test results because neither one of them signed for the release but she certainly could have turned over the Augusto/Elisa results since they had Augusto's signature, unless she was wanting Elisa's signature for that, too.

The only test they needed to see was the Augusto/Elisa tests. If the Augusto/Elisa tests proved he was her father, the Damian/Elisa test results weren't needed. Lucio knew the 1st set was a bunch of fakery...why else would Carmina snatch the results TWICE?

I'm thinking Lucio's truck will probably break down in Merida and it will be a while before they get back to La Ermita. I hope Edmundo didn't tell Loose Lips Paloma* about going to Merida to get the test results...she certainly would have blabbed to Carmina about the test results.

*Serioulsy, why does Paloma still have a job? Last night even Ramona told her to go to work before she gets fired. Did Paloma go to work? No, she went to Elisa's house and then Lucio's house.
 

Thanks for this recap. Marta, very well done. I shared your alarm and concern:

"(and for your sake, Paloma, leave it there, PLEEZ!! Don’t need another body floating around waiting to pop up out there)"

I didn't quit understand the lab lady's insistence on the signatures (any signatures including Augusto's) since Dr. Tovar had ordered both tests... hence both are legitimately part of his medical records. Those results belong to him. I'm glad that didn't hold things up.

I didn't understand Damián's sense of helplessness... at least he must have realized the possibility of arranging repeat testing.

Elna June, did I detect an obsessive compulsive tendency in Ramona when she shifted the jars that Paloma moved back to their original positions (as Doris noticed as well)?

Carlos
 

Loved this recap. I, too, think that something has to impede the return of Lucio and Doc Tovar to LaErmita. As far as we know, neither of them spilled the beans about why they were going. There are now at least two people who don't want this information out - Carmina and Alfonsina. While Carmina is in damage-control mode, Alfonsina now has to deal with unintended results. Both women are dangerous.

Speaking of which, Kenia has been gone for several weeks. If she had drowned, her body should have surfaced long ago.
 

This is off topic but I'd like to call attention (especially to our Gancho fans) to a young woman from our Houston area who will be boxing in the upcoming Summer Olympics.

Her name is Marlen Esparza. She is quite beautiful and very intelligent. She graduated from my old high school, Pasadena High, where she was an honor student. She is very much our own la Monita and will very likely win one of the first gold medals ever given out in women's boxing.

Carlos
 

Thank you so much, Marta. So much talking last night! I'm glad we had you on the recap!

I'm with everyone else, the fact that we had to sit through the "the truck is old" dialogue makes me think they will be delayed getting to La Ermita...but please just make it a delay. I will not be happy if we lose more of our beloved secondary characters. Same goes for Padre. They better not move him to a different parish.

I am beginning to think Kenia won't pop up until the ultimas semanas!

Dam is not so stoopid. I loved him telling mama that Elisa should have half the fortune. I hope he feels the same way when the Gael truth comes out.
 

Thanks, Marta, for your snappy summary.
A couple of things that have been bothering me (well, lots of things, but we'll skip those.)

Elisa's cowgirl boots. Boyer's not really tall, so the very short shorts or skirts and boots don't show her legs to advantage. Now if she had some really long stems, that would be different. (I shouldn't quibble. If I wore that look, I would be posted to the People of Walmart site.)

Daisynjay commented on the weird camera angles and tricks. I'm getting tired of the extreme contrast lighting with the heavy shadows. Some scenes have overhead lighting, but so many have strong beams from the side, with this golden glow that makes everyone look Carmina-orange. What's up with that? I see it sometimes in LQNPA as well.

La Paloma
 

Sara- Damian will for sure do the same when he learns Gael is his brother, that's why Fina has been working so hard to keep that truth under wraps. Remember this is the same guy who went ahead with the contract with Elisa after she stomped on his heart and told him she was hot for Gael. He also kept Erique on at the procedora after he found out he had been macking on Flor behind his back. He has a strong sense of fairness and justice, which is great.
 

Carmina lookm regretful...

Well sure. Has she EVER lifted a finger in that house to do anything? Even when Steffie was around, she just free-loaded around. Heck,maybe she can't even cook! Probably wondering where her next meal will be coming from...literally.

I want no truck accidents tonigt where Doc and Lucio are concerned...NADA, unless it involves having Irritating standing in the roadway and seeing her take an aerial flip ( ala Teresa). Be-gon-ya does know the Doc headed to Merida, so if he doesn't surface, at least she would know. But I just don't want to go there. And anyway...couldn't these two guys grab a phone and let Asshat or someone in on the news? Hate TN's beanie hat moments.
 

Oh and Carlos...be watching for Maria. Quite an impressive resume heading into the competition ( and academically). I think TNT maybe doing most of the boxing competition, so will check in when they do the flyweight to see how she does.
 

Carlos- They just showed one of a series of comercials featuring Hispanic American olympians and their proud parents on Telemundo, and Marlen was the featured olympian. Looks like Telemundo wil be showing the olympic events and I'm sure they'll feature Marlen heavily when she competes.
 

I don't think Lucio or Edmundo should risk calling Augusto's house, so Carmina can find out they're in Merida and send Horacio to run their truck off the road or steal their results (again).
 

thanks for the heads up Carlos, i have the tv on in background so i was going to watch quite a bit of the olympics (one of the advantages of working from home, tey can't see what else you are doing or have around) so i will keep an eye out for womens boxing and her.
 

i am sure augusto will be anxious enough he will be looking for them, no need for them to reach his house..
 

daisynjay, ITA about the camera angles. They didn't work somehow, too distracting.

Paloma may be annoying in her constant jealousies of Elisa, but she has good instincts. She has good reason to be worried, she just shouldn't be so darn obvious about it. The clingwrap technique almost never works.

Carlos, thank you for the heads up on Marlen Esparza. Although I am not generally a huge fan of boxing I am very excited that women's boxing is now allowed in the Olympics. I will be keeping my eye on Marlen and I wish her the best.
 

Camera angles: Yes. Very distracting and annoying. Lighting can be odd at times, too. I did love Padre's scene at the obispo's, though. I loved the dark, brooding lighting. I am now a bona fide Rene Casados fan.

(And I loved seeing Padre Jeronimo again...wasn't that his name on TdA?)
 

didn't we also have the town priest killed on order from Federico Rivero on Abrazame? because the priest found out something about FR's 'deeds'?
 

To Vivi in DC who posted: "I was not pleased with the bishop's advice to Lupe. This is just the opposite of what the bishop told Padre Honesto this week on Refugio when he had the same problem. Hmmm...maybe the Abismo bishop and the Refugio bishop she have a chat with each other."
I think the situations as presented by each priest to each bishop were different. In Refugio, Padre Honesto was clear that the information was not inside of a confession hence the seal of confession did not apply. When dear Fr. Lupe went before his bishop, clearly -- well, as clear as Fr. Lupe can be-- he said that he knew a lie from a confession. His bishop just reminded him of cannon law regarding confession: anything under the seal cannot be divulged. Now the interesting question is: what was Lupe talking about? Carmina waltzing in and spitting out the lie she has been hawking these many years? That's not under the seal of confession. But perhaps Lupe heard Rosendo's confession years ago and knew about Carmina/Rosendo affair and that would be protected under the seal. So I do not think the bishops gave different answers to the same question.
 

i agree that the priest/bishop discussions are different, Loopy was clearly bound by confession while Padre Honesto was not... very tough call but i think the bishops were right in each case.
 

The thing that bugged me about Padre Lupe's meeting was that he didn't tell the bishop any of the details of Carmina's confessions. Such as she's not catholic and is in fact an atheist. That in the second "confession" neither she not padre followed any of the rites associated with confession. That is what annoyed me, that he didn't get the bishop to advise him on the technicalities.
 

They just showed Angelique celebrating her 24th b-day on the Abismo set on Gordo/Flaca. Happy Birthday AB!
 

OK. Maybe I'll cut this bishop some slack. But I agree with Sylvia that Lupe could have told him more details that might have helped his case for intervening.
 

And why did Lupe advise Ramona to hold off on telling her truths if Lupe was just going to go and try to get permission to tell his?

Is this an example of bad writing/writers not remembering their own work?
 

Marta,

You've given us yet another superb rendering of all those speed-of-light conversations with the nuances that usually fly right past me. Thank you!

A few of my favorites in your recap:

"Gael puts on his signature clueless face."
(Hah, it really is, isn't it?)

and
"But I didn't come to chat about don't-know-yet-but-he-is-my-blood-brother..."

Some BOO HISS moments for me:

Augusto's about-face concerning selling his lands to Gabino.

Alfonsina trying to make Damián feel guilty for Gweedo's "crime". (How many times did she say "I'm your mother" within the span of 60 seconds? By the way, Alfie, the weather on Monday -- it's going to be hot.)

Gael putting the moves on Elisa.

The defeatist attitude of Gweedo's lawyer (bought with poor Quique's last penny, really) who doesn't even think to question the validity of the "proof" against his client. If Gweedo didn't sign the transfer, the signatures must be forged, right, licenciado?

Some WOO HOO moments

Doc T and Lucio overcoming a balky camioneta and an officious nurse to get the true paternity test results.

Dam not caving in to Alfie's emotional blackmail (that can happen tonight, I suppose.)

Bishop Jerónimo from Triunfo del amor showing up to advise Lupe (a. because he has a lot of experience with crazy ladies and their abuse of the sacrament of the confessional and b. Because it shows that someone involved with this show has a sense of humor.)

La Paloma's hilarious comment re Elisa's luke: "I suppose I shouldn't quibble. If I wore that look, I would be posted to the People of Walmart site."

------
Can anyone tell me -- at what point did Edmundo decide to move back home with the Bumble? I must have dozed off.
 

And also on the WOO HOO list is this headline from yesterday's NY Times, (although someone is going to have to explain it to me):

PHYSICISTS FIND ELUSIVE PARTICLE SEEN AS KEY TO UNIVERSE

Will this particle solve the mystery of Elisa's wardrobe or Augusto as chick magnet or the power of Carmina's orange lies? I'm quite hopeful, my friends.
 

Edmundo moved back home after he got his butt busted upside the head with a bottle by Augusto and ended up in the hospital.
 

Ah ok, thanks, Anon207.
 

My problem with the bishop/padre conversation is that the bishop quickly wanted to transfer P Lupe to another " district". That seemed punitive to me.  

Carlos, so happy our Monita will be in the Olympics!  I've alerted  my personal sports reporter, mi esposo, and we will be following closely! 

Paloma, as Augusto has been called a "toad" here, I've silently thought...viewerville doesn't shop at Walmart or ride Southwest Airlines!
 

I meant to ask this this morning:

For the dog owners/trainers/people out there:

Do dogs indeed bite the hand that feeds them if they are abused enough?
 

NM,
Bishop Jerónimo from Triunfo del amor showing up to advise Lupe (a. because he has a lot of experience with crazy ladies and their abuse of the sacrament of the confessional and b. Because it shows that someone involved with this show has a sense of humor.)
BOY HOWDY!! that allusion was hysterical!! leave it to Daniela Romo to do the crazy mom in law playing martyr server of God for all her 'deeds'... that woman can act obsessed!! Sabine is a close second, but DR is ahead in that dept.
 

Thank you, Marta! I agree with others who said how great it was that you were recapping this very difficult to understand episode.

The only thing worse than Guido's lawyers defeatist attitude is his horrific wardrobe choice! QTH? It looks like he just wandered in from a Tiki Bar or the golf course and we're supposed to take him seriously? His attitude reminded me of a court appointed attorney, not an expensive one worthy of draining Enrique's savings. :(

And that angle with the rear view mirror made Edmundo look like he was a ventriloquists dummy, sitting on Lucio's lap! I could just hear the cameraman saying "OK you've gotta' move even closer so we can get you in this shot!"

Loved seeing Padre Jeronimo, especially after we were discussing him yesterday. He was a LOT nicer in TDA!

Marta, thanks again. You probably don't realize how many questions you answer with your detailed recaps!

Katy
 

Thanks for a great recap MartaIvett! It is good to be back from my trip to Wyoming photographing and riding horses. It put me in the mood to dive right back into the Abismo so to speak. I am choking on smoke from fires in New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and know that there were more that I neither saw nor inhaled but find the Mirrors right here in Abismo de Pasion. I thought the orangeadeguppy looked scared that she was about to be caught but not repentant in any sense of the word. She seems to have more fears that she will be booted out onto the street which would not begin to cover payback for her sins.

Gael was soooooo disappointing. He is just awful for hitting on Elisa so quickly and showing his lack of real concern for Elisa, Dam, and especially Paloma. I was gone long enough for someone to discover poor Kenia's remains but whta the hay? I thought they were going swimming just before I left but no one seems to even care that this lovely if troubled doe-eyed beauty just vanished behind the mirror. The other characters seemed to have just walked around in circles while I was gone. Begonia is being sneaky while she hides her intentions from Doc, she really bashed Sabrina for being with Paolo. Odd she never looked into Doc's being beaten and who was really his lover but she figures out Sabrina (I guess it's her MomRadar which is at least believable.)

It's good to be back in the saddle after I was off being back in the saddle at the Absaroka Ranch near Dubois!
 

OH and thanks Doc Carlos for verifying what I have always believed that the nurse was way off base denying Doc Tovar the right to get copies of the tests HE ORDERED. That was just stupid like so many of the little delay tactics in this script. The writers need to do a bit of research me thinks.

I will also watch for Marlen Esparza, thanks for the link.
 

Welcome back Cheryl!! It sounds like you had a fabulous time. I have been wondering about you with all the fires and smoke.

We all agree that Gael not being worried about Kenia is just not believable. Why is nobody looking for her? Gael seems to have become very self-centered lately.
 

OT: During a commercial break on LQNPA Amor Bravio was announced to be "proximamente"
 

yes i saw that announcement too, and Por ella is now dated to start on the 16th (i might be wrong about the exact date)
 

por ella will cut refugio to 1 hr and start at the 8pm est 7pm cst slot in between refugio and abismo
 

I'm sure the Refugio crew will be very happy to have 1 hour episodes.
 

I have the deepest fear that all the characters would all go to jail for various crimes they have and will be comitting. Who will be left in this unbelievably exciting tn?Carmina, Paolo, Assgusto,Fina, Horacio, Gabino, Irritating I and even useless Vicente will all be together in that small carcel with Gweedo.
 

to Pasofino; thanks for that glint of hope that Kenya could ressurect any moment soon due to her body hasn't floated anywhere on the lake.I am just wondering why there is noone concerned about her except the previously unconcerned "Mama".
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder