Monday, August 13, 2012

Por ella soy Eva #20 8/13/12: WOW!

Haha, the big bos says I don't need your help, I enjoy the process of interviewing.

Juan flirts it up hilariously, get's his attention! You don't have the "profile" we're looking for. In comes his underage girlfriend, and Juan proceeds to show off his tourism knowledge! To no avail! Juan cries descrimination, has a little showdown! Eventually he gets thrown out, but he's still trying. Leopard-print bimbo keeps trying to throw him out, but he keeps fighting... he proves he knows more than all those bimbo "preciousnesses." The boss' fat sister happens by, prompting Juan to launch into another tirade, which this time reaches sympathetic ears! She thinks he should have a fair chance, and he rallies the ladies (igualdad, igualdad!)... As leopard-print bimbo looks on in horror.

Paty baby isn't helping Santiago.

Something happened to Lalito at school! Santiago teases her for leaving and being responsible. She should have called her mom! But Plutarco takes an interest, but is he sincerely concerned! Plutarco lets her use the chauffer! Turns out it was head lice. Gad, talk about fuss over nothing. The grumpy dad gave Plutarco an ugly look through the window.

Big boss makes out with Paola (his bimbo)... He wants to interview more girls, but there's a knock on the door! Juan pokes his head in first and gives him a quiet warning to clean off the lipstick on his fate. Sis follows, and Juan cleaves  to her for safety as he demands fair interviews! Something about the idea of having all the girls come in together to compare their genuine credentials scares the crap out of the boss and he slams the door shut to let Juan skip the line!

Helena's mean dad calls her a cualquiera, and basically wants her out of Lalito's life! He's got some serious bug of evil up his butt!

Eva impresses with her knowledge on ecotourism! The interview scene is the funniest thing I've seen on Univision! Eva finally gets the job by saying "I'm willing do do whatever is necessary to be a success at this job!" with a mischievous wink. I think the boss is a little smitten!

Juan celebrates the victory with his makeup buddy, and does admit that the machismo he was part of is a problem. He gets a quick lecture and then decides to do his own make up and hit the town to beat up some chauvinists!

Paty baby has foolishly given Santiago another chance. She makes him propose again!

Plutarco's wife, sitting on a vibrating platform (crazy weight loss solution?) and sweating a lot, tells Plutarco about Eva. He resumes trying to kill her with fatty foods. He orders 4 pizzas, despite her protesting! This is a rather grotesque turn of events!

Eva appears to be spying on Lalito... While still in character. He sees Grandpa bringing Lalito home right before Helena. Has gramps been making the boy work?

Haha, Juan is getting better at his makeup. He's doing it like a pro, now!

Making whoopie with his leopard-print bimbo in the closet, Plutarcho drops some plot points about Diego, a social climber and seducer who will soon come to Grupo Imperial.

Juan wastes no time in sneaking into Plutarco's office, rummaging around in the audit information. He shows us what boxers under panty hose looks like and getting a high heel stuck in his skirt! On his way out, he bumps heads (several times) with Helena, just like their first meeting, and they lock eyes significantly!



Labels:


Comments:
I have seen only the first half so far, but based on that, I feel very sad.

I feel very sad because it seems inconceivable that I will ever see anything as funny as what I have just seen.

I'm willing to be wrong about that, though. :-)

(Seriously, I had to stop halfway through and then play back the entire first half hour just to make sure it was as funny as I thought it was. It was actually funnier. I'm a little scared to watch the rest of it.)
 

Great Recap Ezra. Loved that interview too, especially when "Eva" was saying discrimination. "She" so gave it to Adriano and Rebecca. I was laughing during that whole interview. I am so glad Toni intervened. Now he will be working with Helena, yay!

Bastardo needs that skillet already. I am so tired of his crap. I hope he never gets custody of Lalito. He has got absolutely no respect for women at all. Someone needs to teach him that, maybe "Eva"?

So glad "Eva" went through the audit papers. JC needs all the proof he can get.

Pluto sure is looking after Helena. But I think his plan is for her to be seduced by the Don Juan that is coming.
 

Ezra, enjoyed your super snappy recap. Loved JC just taking over the interview and giving ratings to all his competition. Hilarious.
The scene with JC searching in Pluto's office was another great one. Watch out GI, you'll never be the same once Eva's on board.

La Paloma
 

Ezra, I don't know how you managed to put up a recap so quickly, considering it took me two hours just to watch. (And then I stupidly deleted it!! I didn't mean to, but it's like a reflex.) But I'm glad you did put that recap up so fast, because I needed someone to corroborate what I had just seen and heard. I can't believe how funny that interview was.

Speaking of Tootsie - Judy brought it up over the weekend - Camil must have studied that movie because his hand gestures were right on the money. I haven't seen that movie in probably ten years, but it all came back to me when Toot- er, Eva was talking in Adriano's office, pointing and lecturing.

Okay, so the second half wasn't quite as hilarious as the first half, what with Pluto trying to kill his wife and all. I'm still hoping he will eat so much grease and sugar in his efforts to tempt Antonia that he winds up getting sick - while Antonia becomes healthier.
 

Thank you for the recap, Ezra.

The show hasn't aired here yet. But I have a housekeeping matter: Bill (Ithabill) will start recapping Thursdays in a few weeks (YEAH!). Nobody is scheduled to recap this Thursday. Any volunteers? If not, I'll just put up a discussion post on Thursday so we can still talk about the show.

 

I've tried watching the comedies in the past but this is the first one I find interesting. Of course, this site helps a lot.

I'd love to hear a real interview of Jaima Camil about how it felt to do this series. It definitely looks like he did his homework and I love the street scenes, absolutely lifted from Tootsie.

Helena's father definitely is ready for the frying pan. I hope her mother lets him have it.
 

Last night was just delightful and your snap, crackle and pop! recap did it justice Ezra. You have your mother's talent for elegant brevity.

Loved the way Eva seduced the big boss. So long bimbos and here comes true love for a "mature woman". Lots of great misunderstandings ahead I'm sure.

Hate Santiago and that other guy. The way he makes his receptionist wife do all his work...both at the office and at home. Leaves his son to play video games while ordering his daughter (who's studying for a big exam) to help out with dinner. Waited on hand and foot by uncomplaining women. He bothers me almost as much as Helena's evil-minded dad.

But oh the humor and hijinks in this make up for everything else. Great fun!
 

I'd love to know what Marcela sees in her husband. She seems far too sensible to put up with his nonsense.
 

Thank you Ezra and all. Helena needs to immediately get to Lalito's school and correct them about emergency call to her. And give them a piece of my mind while she's there! And tell her mother to remove her blinders!!! No justice - no peace.

The taxi cab snatcher incident with Juan/Ava swatting him over because after all she's a lady was hil-llareous! Do I hear calls for replay?! And heel caught in the hem? Now does anybody get through life without this moment of aggravation!
 

Fabulous recap Ezra.

Bonney- I laughed out loud when Eva punched the taxi snatcher in the face, then gracefully got in the cab. Unfortunately, I got a call just when Eva and the Chippie were starting their joint interview with Adriano, so I missed that. Bummer. Sounds like it was comedica gold. But the rest of Eva's antics were hilarious.
 

I had to go watch it today on Hulu+ because it sounded so funny, and it truly was! Wow - between Eva, Tonia, and Helena, it should be a riot in the office, and also Rebecca's nightmare, LOL! I was glad to hear Tonia assert that she was part owner - good!

Hilarious how they kept telling Adriano's barely-legal bit of fluff that she was so guapa, LOL!
 

BTW - I'm sure this is just an exaggeration - kind of like Archie Bunker. I'm sure discrimination is rampant of in offices, and perhaps the protections aren't quite the same level as the US (I don't know), but I am inclined to belief its far more subtle, and this situation is greatly exaggerated. Just to reply to commenters asking if it's really like this in Mexico. I don't know personally, but other TNs don't portray nearly this level of blantant "machista" in offices.

It's so hilarious though, because you know it's all going to turn around and bite the guys on the ass sooner or later.

Adriano making out with his teenage bit of fluff is truly gross.
 

Ezra, thank you for your always delightful recap.

Maybe Bastardo will have "The Big One" heart attack and put everyone out of their misery.

Rosemary Primera

 

UA, you said, "It definitely looks like [Camil] did his homework." Yes. In the Eva press blitz he said he studied with Australian drag queen performers. He said that it takes a man to teach how to make a man stand, walk, and move like a woman - women do it naturally but men have to figure out how to do it.

We've all commented about all the rotten men in this TN. EVERY ONE of the men demeans women, even Juan before he became Eva. But have you noticed? All the women except Rebeca are good. Or at least, in the case of the chippie, Pati bebe, and Angelica, not particularly rotten. Even Rebeca, aside from the chocolates she gives Antonia, is a lightweight in the evil scorecard. She shows humanity here and there. She likes to throw here weight around and bully people, but I'd say she's no more rotten than Adriano.

So basically, all men are rotten and all women are good. Shades of Rosy Ocampo's man-hater TN, Tontas?

 

Thanks for the recap, Ezra! I didn't get the part about Diego. That must be the guapo shown kissing Helena's hand in the previews.

Lots of hints for things to come - it looked like the boss was attracted to Eva, and I thought it looked like Plutarco is truly falling for Helena (it seemed like Antonia noticed that at well). Plutarco could hardly keep his eyes focused on Helena's face when he was offering her a ride home(she dresses so professionally).

Mil in NC


 

Thanks, Ezra. I'm finally beginning to like this show - except for Helena's dad, that man is scary.

Camil looks to be having a ball with this part.
 

Just a heads up. There is no Ella on Wednesday due to the soccer game.
 

Forgot my manners - thanks so much for the recap Ezra - definitely inspired me to go watch the part I missed.

Wow, this is a Rosy Ocampo work? What a difference from La Fuerza del Destino. I guess she's better at comedies. I certainly see shades of Tontas and La Fea here.

We can just call this a man-eater TN? LOL! Kind of some reverse machismo? It is giving the nice guys a bad rap.
 

Ah, yes, all the fun Fea flashbacks. Every time we see the bumper scene of Juan getting his legs waxed, all I can think is, "Omar screams like a girl" - he does a perfect imitation. But better (jiji). In fact in last night's show he also did the little purr Omar used to do when he was excited.
 

Ezra - thanks a bunch.

Nothing to add except I'm enjoying the ride.
 

Niecie, posts like yours are more important than you realize. As I said in the Care and Feeding of a Recapper sticky, "It’s your comments that feed us recappers... When no one comments, I feel like I’m giving a concert for an empty auditorium."

So I thank you, for Ezra's sake, for posting something just to thank him and let him know you read his work.
 

Madelaine, thanks for the reminder about the soccer game tomorrow night. I feel like I need to have advance warning any time I'm going to have to go an extra 24 hours without a new Eva. ;-)
 

Thanks Madelaine for the heads up :-)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder