Friday, September 14, 2012

Refugio Para el Amor #113 Fri 9/14/12 Magda reveals her secret, but is it too late? ... Rod gets mad at his wife's antics and won't let Luci go...Janah has her first jealous itch... and RosaE draws a line with Gala.

Lo refrito:
  • Gala calls RosaE, insults her for letting her son go to the OBGyn with Luci. Whose side are you on???!! (behind Rosa Julie makes sign language gestures to stop Gagme from really signing up Rosa as the enemy = damage control on Gagme's tantrum)
  • Luci tells CL what happened with the meeting with Rod. She is trying to keep her distance but Rod is her child’s father. This is why she does not want to go to the office much. CL promises they will find a solution.
  • Rod gets home to loud barking from Gala, playing offended. She cancelled her apt. with her doctor. Accuses him of not caring for her child, she will not go to Dr unless he goes with her. And warns her if anything happens to my baby, it will be YOUR Fault. (Rod looks as if asking himself what kind of jerk he was for marrying this B___)
  • At Het Het Magda confesses to Paz her story. Just as you and Galdino kept the secret about Luci, I kept the secret of my daughter Vio’s origin. (we see Vio waltzing around with Aquiles)… it is first time I will trust anyone with my secret. And you are like my sister… the father of my Vio.. is Aquiles Trueba Tajonar. (Paz impactada/scared).
Lo Nuevo:
Magda admits it is hard to believe but it is true. At one point Aquiles and I loved each other very much. I was young and innocent and believed anything he told me. I let him wrap me up in his scheme. I got pregnant with my Vio and when I went to tell him, I found him with another woman. I saw them in his house! I felt So much anger, so much rage… I confronted him face to face and all I got from him was insults and humilliations. He said ‘how would you think I would marry you, you ho?’.. he kicked me out like a dirty old rag. I could never go back to my town… I just left, never said anything. I went to another town to have my Chiquita. When I got back, I only got more insults and rejections. That is why I hate him so much. God knows my hatred has been justified. That is why I am full of rancor and resentment. He is a bad man, he poisons the ground/grass he steps on. [Paz is understanding.] Magda is very afraid Aquiles will find Vio.. will not stop being anguished until I can speak to Vio to warn her that man is over there. [Paz understands. Maybe we could now explain the origin of the universe or the laws of inertia and conservation of matter to Paz and she would understand.]

Vio plays Aquiles, pulls on his strings… Aquiles swears he will take care of her, she will need nothing. I am the riches man in SFeA and will put the world at your feet. Vio plays hard to get… and questions the solidity of the offer.  Aquiles squeezes her knee swearing he is good… VERY good!... Aquiles puts pressure for her to decide. She says she feels flattered and appreciated… she sees him handsome, interesting, gentleman, machoman… but what she is looking for is: economic stability, a house, car with driver, cook and maid… a pool, many gifts, new car every year, lots of traveling to Eu and US… if you want to take me to your town, then I will need over there my own house, my own car and everything else like I have here at the capital. Aquiles says she is asking for much, but a lo macho I will say let me run some numbers, and if it turns out good I will give you all you ask. Vio is in disbelief. But he repeats he will run some #s, make some business deals and come back for her. Word of ATT.

At Het Het Luciana arrives. Paz and Magda say she looks beautiful. Luci is so excited telling them she heard her baby’s heartbeat, ‘twas the most wonderful moment of her life. (makes me start humming 'the most wonderful time of the year' song) So happy to know I have a life inside of me. (all 3 women smile). Paz/Magda happy to have her back.

At TL manor, Janah tells Pato about Luci’s visit to the OBGyn. And that Luci already went back to her town. Janah also tells her about meeting Lorenzo at stand but also running into the maids, she is not happy he gets along with the maids… is afraid he likes women like that more than girls like… I don’t know… Pato realizes her look and voice changes when she speaks of Lorenzo… Janah, don’t tell me you are falling for Lorenzo… don’t know, just when I see Lorenzo, I feel something I don’t feel when I see Boris. (butterflies in the stomach, a knot in the throat, flying in the clouds, walking on sunshine... any of this sound familiar, Janah?)

At vecindad, Lorenzo telling Estelita and the girls about his meeting with Janah. Estelita says Luci came to say goodbye. Worried about Magda, who is frantically looking for Vio. The boys and Estelita are taking a day off from working the taco business.. the boys will go with the girls from the hood to the park for a day out. Ofelia says it is a day off for Estelita too, she needs rest from all that cooking. The boys say they will learn to cook…

At Het Het Luci tells the women about Rodrigo showing up at the Doctor. And that he told the Doc he was the father and paid the bill.. it is so hard to run into him all the time, but I can’t stop supporting my dad just to avoid him. Already talked to my dad. Told him what I want to do is to help the women from around here. And he agreed. Magda excited about it. Paz not so. How will you do it? Luci says you two will help me organize the women. What about the ceramic work? Luci won’t leave that for anything in the world. Paz says you will then still have to go to the capital often and to the office. Luci says yes that is right… and yes I will run into Rod frequently. Luci speaks of what she feels when she sees him.. her heart stops. She feels a knot in the stomach. No matter how much she tries she won’t stop loving him. (said Rod the Bod is in bed remembering the hug and kiss with Luci with a smile, then gets sad).

The day off for the barrio boyz and the maids from the ‘hood is here. The girls are very clingy with the boys and brought the food in bags. One of them even brought her cute puppy.

At school the three-some are sitting. Janah is very distracted and Boris again notices it and calls her on it. She mentions watching the Santo movie with Pato… Boris and Lula feel yucky about Santo movies. (come on Boris, they are not THAT bad! ... yes they are.)

Back to the picnic… the girls make tacos for the boys, then two of the girls invite Lorenzo and Fabian up to the ‘lomita de los novios’ (the hill of the couples or the mount of lovers)… it is a great spot to make love declarations. Lorenzo and Fabian look at each other, they are a bit blushed and a bit entertained/amused at same time.

Gala and Julie talk about the TL money. Gala not interested in the money, Julie certainly is. Julie wants money to pay maintenance for her apt in NY. Gala gives her a blank check, but warns her she does not want trouble with Rod.  In comes RosaE. She warns Gala to never raise her voice at her ever again.  If I could get you together with my son, I can also get you away from him in a heartbeat! Are we in agreement? You treat me with respect or we sign up with different teams right now. Gala wants to shout back warnings but Julie pulls RosaE aside to cut off Gala's tantrum. Julie tells Rosa I can’t believe you are making a big deal of that. After all Gala is right. How can you let your son go with the chacha to her doctor and not go with my nena to her OBGyn.  Gala adds that their partnership is clear, but Rod is getting uncontrollable. You have to help me with him. And now that he knows the scheme we used before, he is more on alert than before. RosaE says that is your problem as his wife. I offered to get my son to marry you and I fulfilled my part. (Julie standing behind Rosa is worried) Think about it. Act! DO whatever you have to do but never again raise your voice at me. You all know me and know how far I can go as an enemy. Gala wants to run after RosaE but Julie stops her. Warns Gala that they can’t afford to lose control over 'esta loca' RosaE (LOL!! even the two witches say she is loca!).

Connie and Mati are talking about Luci’s visit to OBGyn and her leaving for het het … when Connie leaves Mati comments/sighs that it would be nice to have this house filled with laughs from Luci’s baby… Frigida finds that sickening… says she is not looking forward to having messes and fingerprints all over, dirty diapers, stinch… (I would add broken valuable things, stains/scribbles on walls, toys all over the floor, baby pictures on computer screens, etc)yucky!.

Rod is in Pato’s office, he still hyper waving his arms all over and says he is is mad he did not get there in time to hear the baby’s heartbeat. Pato laughs, must have been one of the best sounds in the world. When the doctor told him that Luci and the baby were great, he felt so happy and fulfilled that he kissed her. (Pato is not thrilled to hear that). Pato says glad you saw her, she went back to her town. Seems she will be coming and going… "Rodrigo, you can’t go around kissing her in public whenever you feel like. Luci is no longer your wife. Remember what she asked me for and she told you many times. All she wants to do is forget you."
Rod answers: That is what the head says but not the heart, brother. Love does not understand. Our love is so big and stubborn that it is determined to keep us together forever. (with that he leaves on a high in spirits, Pato looks concerned and also sad at same time).

At Het Het Luci tells Paz ever since she heard the baby heartbeat, she can’t stop smiling. Paz says you deserve that happiness.  Speaking of highs, Luci is STILL on a high from the baby's heartbeat, its been several hours already.

At TL offices Rod is meeting with Oscar, the boys and the architect about the construction of a hotel (i guess for this particular project Rod is the lead). Rod thank the architect for the report. He finishes but the architect stays behind to show him the remodeling project Gala asked him to work on for their apartment. Rod is totally lost and unaware. When the architect shows him the drawings to turn his gym into the baby room, Rod goes beserk. He has another tantrum and asks the architect not to do anything. When the architect leaves he throws the drawing away and looks real miffed.  (this guy reminds me of Mr Deeds and the psychologist that said he always rode the extremes of emotional state... either REALLY happy or REALLY mad/angry... )

At Het Het Ariche arrives to greet Luci. Ariche will go with Luci to deliver the ceramic work to Namurachi.  Luci tries to explain to Ariche what she is doing with her dad, sort of working with him. What about the ceramics? She will still do that. Luci tells Ariche she heard the baby’s heart. Ariche doesn't quite get it, he wants to see the baby’s heart in her belly (sweet!). She explains he can’t see it because it is very tiny tiny tiny. But it makes her very happy. They will play hide and seek after delivering the ceramics.

At TL manor, Frigida is on phone with Gala and Julie about Connie and Mati’s conversation. Tells Gala they went to Connie and Melissa’s Doctor. Gala's scheming gears are rolling and asks Frigida if she can get Connie’s agenda to get the OBGyn’s name and number. Frigida will have no problem getting that for her, will call her back within 5 min.

Lastra arrives to bring Ofelia a few dozen roses. She has a bit of hard time recognizing him without beard or gray hair(I am not sure if he looks older or younger, still tbd), but she turns him down again and his invitation to a coffee or lunch. She flat out tells him not interested in going out with you, only want to support my daughter. He offers his support but she turns him down again. He looks very taken aback (I guess noone had ever turned him down or he suffers from let-down amnesia when it comes to women, may explain a bit why he is alone now).

Vio tells Serena about her meeting with Aquiles. Serena asks you really want that for your life? To have an old man only for his money? Vio says yes that is right. After Marcial I am not interested in love. What about Polo? He is nice but I am not interested in him. I only go after the money (lana). And if Don Aquiles can give it to me, then so be it.

At Het Het Aquiles arrives at his place and is convinced some burglar came in. Yells at the dumb guy and then at Procopio. Procopio only cleaned up and organized his paperwork. Aquiles yells to shut up, only need (que los pajaros le tiren a las escopetas) for the birds to shoot at the shotguns… Want to tell everyone that Don Aquiles TT will get married… (Procopio and the other employee are blown away, trying to pick up their jaws from the floor).

RosaE is at Padre’s, totally desperate about her son’s… Padre says what happened? You confessed to your sons, and last time we talked you told me you were doing better. RosaE says now it is about Max. Tells him how she thought he was the model husband, but she found the text messages. She can’t lose her marriage, her everything. She can’t give her husband up to an ordinary ho. Maximino is MINE!

Max comes in Claudio’s office very confrontational. Asks CL to stop making him look like the white collar criminal. What was that about demanding an audit by a third party in front of my sons! .. CL asks him why so afraid of confrontation? All you get with your attitude is to increase my curiosity on the management of the company. Max warns him 'curiosity killed the cat'…

At Het Het Namurachi is excited about the delivery.  Luci tells her about her plan to have more women in the area participating in the work. Namurachi agrees women around here are talented in crafts.

In his office, Rod pulls out the ceramic heart he kept from Luci when she was a maid at his house. With the heart in his hands he remembers the congratulatory words from the OBGyn Doctor.

Said OBGyn Doctor is receiving Gala and Julie… Gala is behaving very pleasant, says Luci, her friend, recommended him to her. He remembers it was Luci's first appointment with him today as well (and don't you think, Doctor, that it is TOO EARLY for a recommendation??) and tells Gala that he met Luci's husband (Rod), and that as soon as he told him Luci and the baby were doing great, he kissed her with such love, worthy of being in movies!...  (Gala and Julie look like they swallowed a bottle of very sour pills)

Previews: RosaE blames Max for everything, she is ready to confront the woman taking her husband from her.  Claudio wants to talk to Luci and Paz, apparently about Max threats.

edited...

Labels:


Comments:
Good work, Marta.

So there is finally some dissension in the ranks of the evil trio. I had to laugh at Roselena chewing out Gala. Could we be looking forward to the first cross-generational catfight?

Gala going to the same doctor is ominous. I hope he doesn't have any skeletons in the closet or any big debts.

 

Marta this is marvelous, why apologize?

I so love Luci's smile...nice to have a heroine who does that so often. Going to be exciting to see how she develops the HET HET business. ( C'mon Pato--get over there and tie in your foundation too!!) I'd almost rather she stayed there because every time she heads to town, she can fall into the clutches of the three witches. But then we wouldn't have a TN.

Ok, I'm pithed that we are going down the road of both women having the same OBGYN. But at least it wasn't one of those convenient '"just so happen to have" that usually happen, this is being done with manipulation by Gagme. The doc seems like a nice guy, so not seeing him being a party to shenanigans, but we know something will happen out of this.

That stoopid picnic--so you take guys out for a treat, and you feed them the same food they sell? Wow, real imaginative. So both barrio boyz are into someone else, so if they fall into the clutches of these clingy, flirty females...does Lroenzo then inherit the Dumbass title?

HATE HATE HATE the Vio/Don A storyline. For cripes sake Magda, there's a phone now at Paz's, Vio has a cell, CALL! Leave an emergency message for her to call ASAP. Something. End this now and let's move on.

If Padre was really listening, as everyone else should, there is nothing behind Rosa's anger at Max except the thought of losing her family's "moral reputation" and a piece of her property--that's all her family is to her. Things she owns and feels she has the right to do with what she will.There's no love betrayal there. He's just another person who is walking away from her perfect plan of a world and not caring what she thinks. Loving it.

So looking forward to Rod's blow-up with Gagme...he's put up with a lot, but man, she messed with his man cave. This should be good.
 

Marta this is a wonderful great recap, I too think you don't have to apologize.

Agree with you Daisynjay about Rod's man cave. Can't wait until he confronts Gagme about that. I am glad the architect showed him the plans.

Now, y'all know I am not a fan of Lastra but I think now he looks much older than before, lol. He looked hideous with his new "luke". I hope he stops bothering Ofelia. I am glad she stood up to Lastra.

I am glad that Luci is now in Het Het and away from the witches. She is so much happier there and away from Rod.I liked how she told Ariche about the baby's heart, that was really cute.

So Ms Hanna is in love with Lorenzo. Pato hit it right on the head. I think she ought to dump Boris like yesterday.

La loca thinks she will get moral support from the Padre. No one wants to listen to her accusations of cheating by Max, she has cried wolf once too often. She wants someone to support her anger. And you are right DaisynJay she thinks of her family, house, Max as property, somthing she owns, like Gagme thinks of Rod es Mio. Gagme and la loca are alot alike except for the la loca part so far.

I hate the Don A and Vio storyline. Magda should fess up already and stop with the secrets. Hasn't she learned anything from Paz and her secret? I had to laugh last night though when she talked about Don A when she was younger and they were fooling around, her face all lit up. I wonder if she still secretly carries a torch for him, although I don't like how he treats her now or what he did.

The boyz looked like they bit off more than they can chew,so to speak with those girls, lol. We all know that Lorenzo has it bad for Hanna too.

Oh, I hate the fact that Gagme found out who Luci's gyno is. But I do like how the doctor told her about Luci and her "husband" kissing like in a Hollywood Movie. I know it's not good for Luci that Gagme found that out, but Gagme needs to get it through her thick brain that the only reason Rod is with her is because of the baby and nothing else. I am more afraid of what the Champagne Queen and la loca would do to Luci's baby than Gagme. I kind of liked the treatment La Loca gave Gagme last night. Is there a fracture coming within the bruja ranks as Urban said? I hope so.
 

I too am afraid of the consequences of Gagme knowing and being patient of Luci's OBGyn.
anything could happen. Gagme could buy him out (he doesn't look like the type to let that happen but you never know, it is a TN). She could buy him lying to Luci and telling her there is problems with the baby, or she could buy him giving Luci some medication that will make the baby unhealthy...
also there is the little detail that Gagme could find out any time Luci has an appointment... and somehow keep Rod busy... or in trouble.
Also the records will be in the same doctor's office, so if one baby is born healthy and the other one is not, (EEAYEO stuff), there could be a baby switch or a baby records switch... nasty stuff!
great idea, Daisynjay, to get Pato involving his foundation in Luci's work with the ladies in town... hopefuly Luci would let him contribute, even if Claudio could put in any money they would need.
 

Marta- I also don't know what you're appologizing for. The recap was wonderful.

I laughed out loud at the look on Gala's face when the doc raved about Luci's "husband" giving her that kiss. LOL! I do worry about what trouble Gala can cause by now going to the same doc, but I don't doubt this doc's honesty. He seems like good peeps, and he's been Connie's doc for decades.

Luci is better off in Het Het getting her women's project off the ground. She's also much happier there. She and Ariche are always cute together. I also loved how she explained the baby's heartbeat to him. She always explains these big people things well to Ariche.

I had to laugh at Lastra. OMG! What will it take for him to leave Ofelia alone? She is beign much more polite than I would be.

Loved Pato's talk with Hannah. He can see right through her about her feelings for Lorenzo.
 

yes Pato definitely has a 'touch' to read people... he can read Rod, Luci, Janah, Mati and even RosaE when she is mad or upset about something. HE can also see that Claudio is a good man even before the trial was over. HE even confronted RosaE about it.
And he is always giving great advice to Rod and Janah.
 

Hello, if this post actually goes through, I will be wildly delighted and join in. I love the recaps... thank you all so much. You each have your own author's personality and I just love curling up with your recaps... your humor, insights, playfulness ... each night. So to start out, I do have a point of great confusion. Why doesn't Vio recognize Don A or at least that he's from the Het Het of her madre? Didn't she ever live there? Their canoodling, while still chaste, is already too far into the realm of our cultural taboos and I can barely watch her cleavage and his ooh lala gestures. . So yucky!! Thx for the answer ... Carol ( Westvillage from Telenovela World)
 

Welcome Carol! So glad you commented.

Vio knows exactly who Don Aquiles is. She doesn't care right now. I don't think she has any intention of marrying him. She wants to see how much she can get out of him-- but I'm not sure how much she's willing to give in return. She is trying to squeeze a D.F. house, money, car, and servants out of him, but I don't think she has any intention of going back to Het Het with him. I also don't think she intends to tell him who she really is. He thinks her name is Coral.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

And yes, she did live in Het Het, but left as a young teenager. The mamas have commented on how much she has filled out and blossomed since then, so that's why Aquiles (who likely didn't pay much attention to her when she was in Het Het) doesn't recognize the sexpot in front of him as Magda's girl who left so long ago.

Marta and Mads- I could tell one of the most painful parts of Magda's story was when she came back to Het Het with her little girl, and Aquiles accused her of going off to another town and slutting around and getting herself pregnant. Seems he didn't even question that he could be the father when he knew he was Magda's first (and only).

Sat Sep 15, 12:32:00 PM EDT

 

OMG.... Thanks Vivi! Now that I know she's playing him for all she can get, I find that part of the story so funny. He iS such an obnoxious, comic character anyway. I hope he has to get drunk for a week to chase away all those ...ummm ... thoughts. Then he can be her sugar daddy for real. This storyline has all kinds of possibilities for redemption and a happy future for the little group.
 

Oh, Vivi I didn't know that Don A was her one and only, but then again she is alot like Paz as far as first and only loves goes. I just thought that her face lit up when she was talking about first going out with him, not the stuff that happened afterwards where he slept with some other woman and then dumped her like that, and her having to go to another town. I hope he eats a big pile of crow when he finds out the truth.
 

Add me to the list of people grossed out by the Don A and Vi story. I've always said he was a pig and Magda's story confirms it. i can totally see why she kept it secret from Vi but now she is going to have to say something. I can't see Vi marrying him or anything else although I've seen at least two novelas lately with incestuous relationships. They were both between uncle and niece not father and daughter but they were sickening.

Poor Pato, he is becoming the Dear Abby for the family. First Rod and then Jana. Unfortunately neither one of them sees or senses that their confidences hurt him.

I too dislike the same Gyno story potential. Luci is further along than Gagme but that doesn't preclude the switched baby idea but other than that I think she is doing it to a)find out if Luci is having the much desired nino or b)to set up same time appointments so that she can throw Rod in Luci's face or if he doesn't go with her throw an embarrassing public scene about the man stealing
ho.

Must admit to loving La Loca reaming out Gagme for daring to hang up the phone on her. There never is honor among thieves and obviously not among conspirators. Rosa also tipped her hand to the clueless Padre that all members of her family are nothing but possessions to her. They are owned an must act to her specifications.

Max's threat to Claudio was ominous. I hope Claudio gets all the legalities taken care of to insure that Luci is is rightful and only heir.
 

I love the relationship between Magda and Paz. They are like true sisters, and have a better relationship than Rosa and Connie. Neither one of them judges the other for her choices, but gently encourages the other to do the right thing.
 

Ok ... now that I'm on, I'm daring to share one of my worst nightmares about Refugio. In the end we'll have Rod and Luci ... Jana and Lorenzo. And what happens to dear Pato?

Pato strikes me as a character who is on his way to enlightenment and has to endure suffering almost beyond measure. I mean, he's a quadriplegic with a love that's destined to be unrequited and clear sight into situations borne of ignorance, greed, anger, pride, you-name-it, all around him. So my nightmare is that he winds up as the selfless caretaker of his mother .... La. Rosaloca. And actually, this was foreshadowed by something he said recently, though I can't cite chapter and verse on it.

As you'll see from my clueless questions, I don't know where his novella is going nor anything about the predecessors from which it's a remake. So I am trying to imagine what will happen Pato and he just seems like a Buddah/Christ/name-your-sage figure who will wind up where he's needed ... with Rosaloca. Oh Lord....
 

I had a similar question to Carol's, leaving aside the parentage question, how could Vio even THINK about returning to the pueblo where her mother lives as Don A's woman?
I thought Vio had totally lost it, but you must be right, Vivi, Vio has no intention of going there.
Maybe she should negotiate for Vicki, tho. Don A. seemed to fall right in line.
Agree Vivi, I love how Magda and Paz speak to each other with their gentle "usteds" and support each other as true sisters.
Not sure what's in store for Pato, but he does have an otherworldly quality.
Clara
 

Carol- I had the same fear the other day when Pato told La Loca that he'll never leave her. *Sigh* Lord, I wish so much more for him, but I also have visions of a tragic end for him. I really hope the writers prove us wrong.

I think Decie Girl is the only one who saw the last version of this, so for most of us, the character turns have been a surprise. But even she said they changed quite a few things from the last version. All in all, this is a pretty predictable storyline, but I think they are doing a good job with it and keeping it feeling fresh.
 

Welcome Carol!!!

Yep, we're all so worried about dear Pato, but I"m holding out hope he is not our sacrificial lamb in this TN. As much as I would like to think otherwise, unless the writers have a Ah-Huh! moment, Luci will wind up with Rod and yes, Pato's love will go unrequited. I still think he and CL's assistant ( dang forgot her name again) would be a sweet couple.
I think Pato taking care of Rosa would be too good of an ending for her. I rather hope that either Pato takes over the enterprise in Het Het that gets started, or takes over the full Torreslanda companies. Business smarts wise, he makes the most sense.
 

Carol, I also remember a comment between Pato and La Rosa in which he said that he would be there for her always. Mati has said it more though.

Did you all notice the other night that, when Rodrigo asked Luci why she asked Claudio not to press charges against Rosa and she declined to give an answer, he asked if she thought he was stupid? She said something like, "no, you're just you." I had to laugh - so true.

I hope nothing happens to Claudio. It sounded like Max threatened him.

I so enjoyed the recap, Marta. Thank you,

Susan
 

Hi Carol! it is me marta (marta i in tn forums)... welcome here!
and yes, Vio knows who Don A is, but i agree that she would not go all the way to move to het het with him... although she is so money hungry she would probably get as far as sleeping with him unless Magda or someone spills the beans.

I too agree that Pato deserves to end up happy, either with Norma (CL's secretary) or with someone else we will meet later on...
I also agree that Pato ending up to care for RosaE would be too good an ending for her. RosaE has no room for reivindication like Alfonsina in Abismo. RosaE is evil from whatever angle you want to see it. She does not care for her sons, she only cares about herself not ending up lonely.

 

Decie, what is the name of the novela that is the precedent of this one? I can't put my finger on it although i am sure i have seen this story before in general.

Susan, i too remember that scene where Rod was asking Luci if she thought he was stoopid... and i thought about about 10 responses Luci could have given him but they all sounded more like Gala would say, so Luci's response was perfect.
 

Marta

There have been several remakes of this story but the one i saw was Morelia. Oddly enough the Rod character there was played by Brandon Peniche's divine dad Arturo. It was a much longer novela and must have ben extended because a bunch of new characters came into play as it went along It was filmed in Miami and so there were things in the story that could not happen here.

The Pato character in that version was a much weaker character and he too suffered unrequited love for the Luci girl. I am bending over backwards not to indicate what happened to any of our favorites although as thing come to a close i will spill the beans because frankly it is fun to see how some things have been tweaked.

For fun in that version the Luci and Rod characters were not married and then divorced, she actually got pregnant as a result of what I would call rape (he was drunk and begged her with the old if you love me you'd do it number) she later always referred to it as her one night of love shades of GH's Luke and Laura. The Gagme character married Claudio to get revenge of Luci. I will say that the Claudio character was much more vengeful and he was also sickly which our guy is not. IN the trail in that version the Torreslanda lost everything, the business, the house and all their money. Max was not such a caring father and was much nastier and Rosa was not such a religious fanatic but she was also crazy in her own way although not as malevolent as Rosa.
 

Whoa Decie ... I'm so glad that Claudio is a sweet heart in this one. I relax every time he comes on the screen. In fact, he has, in common with Pato, a wisdom that doesn't get carried away by emotion, and both of them are smart.

I've seen everyone's comments on Max. He's despicable in some ways and has redeeming qualities in others. I haven't written him off totally yet or lumped him in with the selfish, baddies: Julie, Gala!, Rosa, Frigid, but I don't know how to view him. When he's with his kids, I trust him. Otherwise .... Max is deceitful and imperious like Rosa, with that ugly sadistic streak. Still, I could see him having a final resolution that doesn't just throw him under the bus. I like the way the writers give some central characters shades of light and dark ... Max, Aquilles, and I'm even wondering if they're rehabiliitating Lastra. Nah! Vio wants a sugar daddy and Ophelia has one waiting on her doorstep with flowers who she doesn't want.

Hi martai! So good to be in a group with you again. I miss TW but discussions are scarce there now. Glad I found this blog. It's completely terrific. Thank you again, everyone.
 

On Pato: remember he said he would give his life for Luciana. And I think the writers are going there. He's too good to survive. I think he will be the sacrificial lamb who saves Luci from some horrible plot hatched by the three witches.
 

Marta, thank you for the marvelous recap filled with interesting observations. Loved your comments on Paz understanding Magda's monologue along with the secrets of the universe.
I take it Don Achiles knows Magda had his baby? But he doesn't know Violet is his daughter? I am confused, can someone explain this?

 

Emarie- Aquiles does NOT know Magda became pregnant by him. She never told him, and when she came back to town with her daughter, he assumed she got herself pregnant by someone else sleeping around in another town.
 

Marta, thanks for your recap.

Welcome Carol.

Sad about the Ob-Gyn connection but this is a TN so anvils must loom around the good guys until the end.

I also loved the brujas turning on one another. We'll see how long it lasts.
 

OK, I have one more question. Does Achiles know that Violet is Magda's daughter? It seems strange that they would have lived in the same town and he wouldn't know this.
 

Emarie- Yes, Aquiles saw Magda's daughter grow up most of her life in Het Het till she left. The guy is so dense, and she has changed so much (meaning filled out) that he does not recognize her. He thinks her name is Coral.
 

Dear Marvelous Marta..you never have to apologize for your recaps. They are always a gift to us. So complete and detailed with some nice vocabulary and translation of Don A's juicy expressions.

My favorite line tho' was about Lastra who maybe "suffers from let down amnesia". I just howled at that one. He's certainly not giving up in his dogged pursuit of Ofelia. A strange side line story but maybe this little piggie is headed for redemption.

Liked the rest of you loved the tender friendship scenes between Magda and Paz. The two actresses are playing it very well, and the longer I see Paz, the more beautiful and regal she seems. A ton more more class than the sleazy boozy Julie.

And I hope we see many "memory" scenes of that exuberant kiss between Rod and Lucy. So sweet! I loved it.
 

Thanks so much, Marta. I was out of town all week, and have just finished catching up.

Don A and Vio: grose!

Rod and Luci's kiss-what a beautiful and honest moment!

I'm so sad to say this--but I am seeing a tragic death for Pato, and Luci naming her baby for him. If he doesn't meet a new potential love interest soon, I can't see how any other ending would make sense.....and I love him!!
 

noooo!! don't say that Anna!
i want Pato to get whe he deserves. a good woman and to heal completely, or at least be mobile.
 

I'm sure his fate has already been decided by the writers but I wish for Pato to find a beautiful and kind intern or medical student who can face up to Roselena and won't cave to her crazy.
 

Urban I agree with you.There is still time for Pato to recover much of his health and he deserves someone worthy of him unlike lucky Rod who will get Luci who to this point he still doesn't deserve.

I will say one thing his counterpart in the previous version was actually worse that Rod. He treated the Luci character horribly but he also had serious competition for her throughout the story including his best friend. I want someone to come on the scene that would be a legitimate threat to Rod and while Pato could be that person i don't think the writers will go that way.
 

Thanks Marta I. good job. I enjoy reading all the recaps of this tn and the blogs as well before I comment. It gives me so much insights on the characters. I also most often laugh so hard and they make me so happy as I read on. Like you I have fears and dislikes and loves. I too am concerned about Pato. what about the possibility of the daughter of Isabelita, she looks decent enough. If she gets a job at the new office of Luci then she gets a chance to encounter Pato there at the Torreslanda bldg corporate offices. That way, she couldn't be called a domestica.Just saying. I also enjoyed that blissful kiss of Rod and Luci. It looks so real and long (what was recapped then... long after the commercial went on...?Are there any gossips about this in the telenovela world?
 

There may be, Vida2, but Melinama, our blog mom, forbids gossip on this line. But I know what you mean...that was a kiss full of real feeling!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder