Thursday, September 26, 2013

La Tempestad, September 25, 2012. Capitulo 43.


Guess my DVR didn't record right,  so I think I missed the first minute or so...

 

Mercedes and friends are driving down the streets looking for Magdalena. 

 

Marina tells Hernan that she doesn't understand what he's trying to say.  Hernan will clarify for her.  He knows she was deeply affected with everything that happened with DamFab.  He admires her courage and regrets getting in the way of her and DamFab's love, but the love that he feels for her is too strong (umm, it's more like an obsession really). 

 

DamFab is led to his cell where he encounters his new cellmate, Claudio (Rene Casados).  Claudio puts on his tough guy face and says so your by new roommate?  Well, let me tell you there are rules here.  DamFab says there is no need for that.  I am not looking for trouble.  Just tell me where my bed is.  Claudio says the top is mine.  Suddenly some troublemakers come in and Claudio reminds them that he is not going to give them anything.  He doesn't need any protection.  The leader (who I will call UglyTatFace until I find out his name) reminds him that everyone needs protection.  DamFab tells UglyTatFace that he doesn't want any trouble. 

 


Hernan says he feels like a victim?  (I couldn't understand what he said here.  He was mumbling).  Marina knows that he is not crude, just a man that was mistaken.  He tells her that she's a swell gal, but she reminds him that she just tells the truth. 

 

UglyTatFace reminds DamFab that he's in prison not at the park.  In here, there is only one law.  Mine.  So don't come in here and make me mad, otherwise it will cost you.  DamBalls doesn't care who they are or what “laws” they have.  So why don't you just leave?  UglyTatFace threatens to re-arrange DamFab’s face.  DamBalls says Really?  You and how many girls?  Guy #1 throws a punch, but DamFists is too fast and blocks it.   He delivers his own one, two punch.  Guy #2 comes in and manages to plant one on DamFab.  Claudio takes a step back.  He wants none of it.  Guy #2  starts punching DamFab. 

 

Mercedes and friends go to the sewer/home of Magdalena, but can't find her.  They start looking at the faces of all the homeless people in an alleyway. 

 

Fight continues with DamFab winning the match.  He looks at UglyTatFace and asks him if he wants any. 

 

Marina and Hernan walk into the house and Bea tells her how worried she's been.  “How are you”, she asks.  Fine, replies Marina.  Rebecca reminds her that they are her family and will always have her back.  Bea thinks that it's time for them to leave town.  Marina thinks it's not such a good idea.  With DamFab gone, the packing plant will need more attention.  She might need to hire another boat to help with the catch.  Bea says she has always admired her hard work, but maybe if you are far from here you can begin to heal.  If you stay here, I'm afraid the townfolk will keep harassing you.  Bea asks Hernan to help her convince Marina to leave.  Hernan doesn't agree.  He thinks that everything can be fixed with just one little white lie.  “How” asks Rebecca.  Hernan thinks the townsfolk will leave her alone if they think that he and Marina are engaged.  (What!?  This is the most dumbest plan ever!)  Rebecca squints her eyes at Hernan.  She sees what bull crap Hernan is trying to pull. 

 

UglyTatFace tells DamBalls he doesn't know who he's dealing with and spits on the ground.  He and his cronies exit.  Claudio says that they think they can try to run the prison, but he has always defied them.

 

Marina asks what are you trying to say.  Hernan thinks telling this little white lie would calm the townsfolk.  They will think that everything they thought was just an exaggeration.  And after the spectacle at DamFab's hearing, you are being talked about all over town.  Rest assured that I just want to make sure that you are protected and secure.  Marina doesn't agree.  She doesn't like to lie especially about her private life.  I didn't do anything wrong.  Bea thinks that Hernan's offer is one that Marina needs to consider.  She thinks it's a great idea.  (Ugh! Shut up Bea!) Rebecca thinks that Marina's reputation will go down the drain if she accepts Hernan's offer.  DamFab in prison and Marina by your side happy.  Hernan says perhaps you are right, Rebecca.  You can leave, but are you going to give the townsfolk the satisfaction of running you off?  You are all ladies with character.  Show it. 

 

DamFab and Claudio introduce themselves to each other and Claudio offers him the best thing in prison.  His friendship.  DamFab says pardon me, but I didn't come here to make friends.  Good night.

 

Hernan tries to convince Marina to take him up on his offer.  After a while, we can break up he says. (yeah right).  Marina doesn't like this game and thinks things will get more complicated.  Hernan tries another approach and suggests that they go around town and let the people make their own conclusions.  Bea again says that Hernan's idea is a good idea.  Rebecca puts her two cents in and agrees with Hernan and Bea.  You need someone to distract you and someone that is respected in this town.  This will only be fake, isn't that right Hernan asks Rebecca.  Of course replies Hernan. 

 

In Mexico City, Mercedes and friends are still looking for Magdalena.  Nightclub manager runs into Magdalena and asks if she's Mercedes daughter.  Magdalena runs off with nightclub manager giving chase. 

 

Hernan the happy peacock walks outside with Marina and reminds her that their relationship will be fake and she can end it at any time. (Marina should be wearing boots right now.  With all the bull crap he is sprouting).  Marina asks him not to make up any fantasies in his head (too late!).  I am only doing this to make my mom calmer and to shut up the people in town.  You know I still love DamFab.  Hernan tells her not to worry over him.  He just wants to protect her.  He also realizes that the way he tried to win her love was not the correct way.  Perhaps that's why you never really trusted me.  But I am going to change.  I want to change.  I want to change with you.  To show you that I deserve you.  I know I asked you like a hundred times for a chance and I understand why you denied me.  Marina asks if he would really leave her, if she asked.  Ask me and you will never see me again replies Hernan.  Marina tells him there is no reason for that.  She knows that his intentions where always good.  He kisses her hand and thanks her.  I want you to know that I was crazy.  Crazy jealous.  Now that DamFab is completing his jail sentence, I wanted to ask you to forgive me.  He hopes it's not too late.  Everything I am going to tell you is not to seek your pity.  Everything I have done was because of my jealousy (Hello! Red flag.  Crazy guy! Don't you see it?)  Now that my conscience has come back, I now realize something I didn't understand.  I thought that you were mine and that you were my destiny.  I will never forget how you protected me.  Now that I have found you again, I just want to demonstrate that I am a different man.  A man that is searching for love.  I know that this sounds like a confession and it is.  I should have told you all this before you fell in love with DamFab.  Perhaps I am expecting too much, but now I will not keep quiet.  I know I shouldn’t ask for a second chance.  I have done many bad things. 

 

Fully sees Lazaro in the street.  He just found out that he killed Robles.

 

Marina asks him what he's talking about.  He tells her he doesn't want to talk about it right now.  He knows that one day he will pay for all that he has done.  But all he wanted to do was seek her love and admiration. 

 

DamFab is in bed, writing a letter to Marina.  He writes that he doesn't feel right with everything that happened between them.  In the long hours of his journey, the only thing that can sustain him is the memory of her.  My soul hurts knowing how much pain I have caused you.  Not one second of the day, do I not think about you.  Please forgive me.  Before writing this letter, I swore to myself to tell the truth.  Unfortunately there were obstacles that got in the way.  Just know that I will never forget you.  I carry every smile of yours with me, the feel of your skin.  Your beautiful gaze.  I love you.  Never forget that. 

 

Marina says I don't know what you did, but I really don't want to know.  Hernan says he would like to tell her.  Perhaps it will make him feel better, but he did it all for love.  Marina tells him after everything that has happened, she cannot take another hit. 

 

Lazaro says he wouldn't be surprised if Fully himself gave the order.  You don't have to pretend with me.  I know that you are involved in all this up to your neck.  Fully says we are not talking about me.  I want you to leave this organization.  Lazaro reminds him that the only way out is death.  And I don't want to die.  Fully says I am giving you a chance.  Get out before it's too late.

 

Marina tells Rebecca she doesn't feel right agreeing with Hernan's little plan.  She feels like she is betraying DamFab.  Rebecca asks her if she feels DamFab is thinking of her.  That he remembers you.  That he misses you.  Marina hopes he does, but after everything she doesn't know.

 

Lazaro asks Fully if he leaves, what would happen to JazLu?  I want to marry her.  Fully says as long as you don't open your mouth, she can be yours.  Maybe after some time has passed where we are assured you won't open your mouth.  But if you insist on staying with the organization, I will make sure they take JazLu faraway where you can't find her.  Why are you doing this to me asks Lazaro.  Even if you don't believe me replies Fully, I am looking out for your future.  Why asks Lazaro.  Fully tells him not to worry about it.  Just do what he says.  Not until you tell me why you are worrying about me replies Lazaro. 

 

Marina tells Rebecca that she still sees Hernan as a friend.  Rebecca doesn't believe in Hernan's sudden change.  I think he is still trying to get with you.  Be careful.  There is something in Hernan that doesn't sit right.  Marina thinks he has changed.  Rebecca thinks that he will take advantage and try to manipulate her.  Do you know something I don’t asks Marina? 

 

Ursula spots Hernan and asks him to drive her around town.  He tells her that he is busy, perhaps another time.  Ursula reminds him that he wanted to get to know her better.  He tells her that he has other things on his mind.  She asks if that “other thing” is Marina.  Yes, replies Hernan.  Good night.  Ursula says that Marina needs to be dealt with, because Hernan is hers and only hers. 

 

Rebecca tells Marina she has no proof, only rumors.  They say if the river makes a sound then it means it has water in it.  I use to think that he was a good man, but now I don't trust him.  Marina asks who she can trust then.  I trusted DamFab and he hurt me.  I feel so fragile.  The pain that DamFab caused me has left me vulnerable.  He is the only reason I can never trust again.  Rebecca says she doesn't want to talk about DamFab. I don't want to either replies Marina.  Rebecca says not to torment herself anymore.  Give it time.  Marina says time will not heal all the pain he has caused.  Rebecca says perhaps in the future you will find your happiness again.  But I am 100% sure that Hernan is not the one for you.

 

Marina is in bed and recalls DamFab’s words at the church and the promise they made.  She recalls him giving her the flower ring.  Why DamFab?  I don't understand.  We had everything.

 

DamFab is reading the letter he wrote to Marina.  In it, he can't believe he has caused her so much pain.  Being in jail is not as bad as not having you by my side.  I don't have the right to keep hurting you.  He rips up the letter.  He cries.  He is so pretty.  DamFab says he has come to a decision.  He will let her go.

 

Hernan is pissed that Fully told Lazaro to get out.  Hernan says if Lazaro opens his mouth, it will ruin us all.  Fully is confident that he won't because of JazLu.  Trust me, I have everything under control.  He wouldn't do anything to jeopardize us.  I will talk to Nereo to keep a tighter rein on her.  Why do you defend that boy asks Hernan.  Fully says it's my business.  Hernan is going to have JazLu quit her job at the cantina and work for him at the packing plant.  That way, he can keep an eye on her.  And I warn you, once the boss finds out what you did, he may not like it.  So watch your back. 

 

Claudio and DamFab are walking in the hallways.  Claudio thinks that it's important that Dragon and his men know not to mess with him.  (side note:  looks like DamFab is the fighter and Claudio is the manager with the getup he's wearing.  Like they are heading to a boxing match.  All DamFab needs is his boxing gloves).Claudio wants to know what DamFab is in for?  I was convicted of murdering my wife, which I didn't do.  I know everyone here says the same thing, but I’m telling the truth.  Claudio believes him.  You don't have scars in your heart or soul.  And you have to have that to be in here.  Your voice doesn't tremble from having to defend yourself.  DamFab says that his dad and Madrina have shown him to always tell the truth.  I will not abuse others, but will not allow them to abuse me.

 

Mercedes swears to continue looking for Magdalena.  She also swears to help Michel Fabre’s son too.

 

They have also showed me to love my job intensely and all those around me continues DamFab.  Especially the woman who gave me her heart.  Claudio says nothing is more powerful than the force of love and friendship.  If you don't know how to love your life, there is no destiny.  Love is sometimes complicated replies DamFab.  You cannot live without love replies Claudio.  Otherwise your soul is empty.  You can only go forward if you have something in which to move you forward.  It is not always easy.  There are many occasions to make you prove it.  You also have to sacrifice yourself so that the other person can be happy.

 

Hernan visits Marina at her office.  Rebecca is there.  Why are you here so early?  Marina says I need to resume my life and get busy so that I can try to forget all the stuff that has happened lately.  Good replies Hernan.  He suggests they go out so that the townsfolk see them together.  Marina doesn't think it's a great idea.  She still doesn't think his idea from last night is a good one either.  Perhaps with time, the townfolks will forget everything.  Ok replies Hernan.  Whatever you say.  But it won't be strange seeing us together since we are associates.  Come, I am inviting you both out for lunch. 

 

Fully tells Lazaro to talk to his mom and confront her.  Don't throw tantrums and act like a child.  Behave like a man.  That is the only way you can show her you are a man.  That will be impossible replies Lazaro.  My mother doesn't accept that I have grown up and can make my own decisions.  She hasn't changed replies Fully.  If only my dad had lived.  He would have sided with me replies Lazaro. Your father is not dead replies Fully.  He's still alive. 

 

Ernesto tells Hada/Estercita that the mother of his future son will be spoiled.  She and his son are the most important thing to him.  All his fortune will be for him and her.  They will be his only heirs.  The butler comments to himself that Hernan will not like this at all. 

 

Hernan tells Marina that she has not eaten a thing.  Rebecca thinks that they should leave Marina alone.  He tells Marina that she should try.  Rebecca says she not hungry either and decides to leave them alone.  If they are going to try to play at being a couple, then it's best that they eat alone.  Hernan wants to know if they should leave.  Marina says that the ocean reminds her of many things that will never happen again. 

 

DamFab says he never thought that he would ever met someone like Claudio at a place like this.  What is he doing here?  I have made many errors in life that have brought me here replies Claudio.  

 

Lazaro asks Fully why he says his father is still alive.  Do you know who he is?  Fully says no one knows your father better than me. 

 

What do you do so that you don't go crazy?  Read a lot replies Claudio.  Well, I envy you.  I never finish middle school replies DamFab.  A Guard comes up and asks DamFab if he's the new guy?  If he's the one that beat up Dragon's guys?  They were looking for it replies DamBalls.  Guard warns him to watch his back.  They will seek to retaliate.  DamFab says that half the fault lies in with the guards.  This does not sit well and angers one of them.  The other warns DamBalls and says he will keep a watch out for him.  DamBalls thanks him.  Claudio tells him to get use to life in prison.  This is how it is.

 

Rebecca and Jose talk about DamFab.  Rebecca decides to change the subject and talk about them.  She says that Jose has no idea what love is.  He disagrees.  She has no idea herself.  He grabs her and guarantees her that no man has ever kissed her the way he has and proves it.  WOW! 

 

DamFab is mopping and bad guard comes up with dirty boots and tells him he can't leave until the floor is lickity spit clean. 

 

Macario calls Hernan and tells him that Hada/Estercita is marrying Ernesto.  She's pregnant.

 

Ernesto is giving Hada/Ernesto jewelry.  They made out on the bed.  Gross.

 

Macario tells Hernan that all Ernesto fortune will go to Hada/Estercita.  Hernan is pissed.  Before that happens, he will kill her.

 

Marina asks Hernan if there are any problems.  No.  How can there be any, while you are in my presence.  Your presence alone illuminates the room.  Gross.

 

Claudio advises DamFab to avoid any problems. Easiest way to live in prison.

 

Marina daydreams about DamFab.  She cries.  Olinto comes in with paperwork for her to sign.  She comments to Olinto that she wants to see DamFab.  Of course Hernan hears this and forbids it. 

 

DamFab sees a book by the works of William Shakespeare that Claudio is reading.  Claudio tells him that he should read it.  He will enjoy it.

 

Marina says she can't believe what she is hearing.  She thought he had changed.  Hernan just wants to protect her.  If you see him, it will just cause further damage.  Marina replies that she just said that she wanted to see him, not that she was.  Hernan says that if she needs to talk to him about the fishing plant or the boat, he can go.  Marina says DamFab wouldn't even see you and you know it. 

 

DamFab makes a comment about the book.

 

Marina tells Hernan that she wants to put in a daycare at the packing plant.  Hernan thinks it a swell idea and kisses her hand. 

 

DamFab and Claudio spend the day reading, talking and laughing.

 

Hernan suggests to Marina that they leave town. He just wants to be close to her.  As her boyfriend, as her friend or as her associate.  Or the man that can love you.  Marina asks him to quit insisting.  Fine replies Hernan.  I just want you to know that I will keep all this simmering until you let me know when I can let it out.  I will always hold out hope.

 

Manana: Marina visits DamFab; Estercita remembers and calls Hernan.

Labels:


Comments:
Gloria:

Such a fab recap. I love the way you are able to condense, but get all the pertinent details! Marvelous! I also liked your comments about the boots and that there was tons of BS to step in, lol.

Herny just won't stop will he? He says he'll back off, let's do a white lie, I picture him with a hand saying come here, and the other hand, stay away! I can't stand him! What a jerk. I hope Marina stays strong and continues to rebuff him. And now Herny wants to kill Ester/Hada? What about Pervy Ernie, he'd make the better murder victim, jus' sayin'. I know why he wants to kill Ester/Hada instead, being the sole heir is a great motivator, but still!

I am so glad that Tia Becky sees through Herny's BS. So smart. I hope she stands with Marina against Herny all the time! That kiss with Jose, so Hawt!!!!! She needs to give Jose a chance.

Not liking Dragon at all. He's in PEAM too, lol. I hope DamKungFu keeps kicking Dragon's and his henchies' butts.

I am liking Claudio (Rene Casados) what a great actor. I like his words of wisdom to DamDepressed. I think the book he gave him was "Romeo and Juliet". I think Dam actually liked the book, he kept reading it : )

Why didn't Fully confess that he was Laz' Pappi? He had the opportunity. I am glad of one thing Fully told Laz and that was to confront SHUTUPROSY! She needs a good anvil on that head of hers. I wonder what she'd say to Laz? Probably lie.

I really hope that Herny does give JazLu a job at Neptune. The further away she is from Nereo the happier I'll be, even though Herny is not doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

I hope the club manager manages somehow to capture Maggie. I hope Mercy reconnects with Maggie soon.
 

Good morning Gloria and Mads!

Wonderful recap Gloria! I liked "DamBalls" and:

(Marina should be wearing boots right now. With all the bull crap he is sprouting).

I am really getting stressed out by this novella! I know the characters aren't real but I just HATE the way Hernan persists on hovering over Marina, going on and on about his love and then shamelessly manipulating her. For some reason his condescending reaction to her wanting to put in a daycare was the most repulsive of all.

Can I join the William Levy/Rene Cassados book club?!

Mads, I freeze framed it and the book was a collection of Shakespeares works, among them Romeo and Juliet. I think it would be cool if Dam got his GED in the lockup but I hope he won't be there that long.

Thanks, Gloria. There was TONS of stuff I didn't catch last night and you filled in all the gaps.
 

Thank you, Gloria!

So now the story has turned into a Pygmalion. Educate the lowly mariner in jail so he can be worthy of his lady love when he gets out.

I'm getting stressed out by this novella too, Katy. I haven’t missed an episode yet but if Hernan doesn’t stop touching Marina I think I may flip out and have to stop watching. That was really irritating me last night.

Liliana

 

Katy:

Thanks for the book. I too want to join their book club : )
 

Gloria – Great recap. Glad you thought Hernan was mumbling too, cause I thought it might’ve been me. “Hernan the happy peacock” – lol

I know Marina is suffering from being “betrayed” by Damian, but ITA with everyone that she should be fed up with Hernan’s hovering. I’d almost rather see Ernesto getting busy with Estercita/Hada than see Marina continue to let Hernan touch her. Well, almost. Yuck! Thank goodness for the Jose-Becky beso.

Can’t stand Fully of course, but as a pop it’s kind of nice that he’s looking out for Laz and didn’t diss JazLu and is even trying to get her away from Nereo for him.

The fight scenes were a hoot. It’s always nice when the bad guys wait their turn, giving the good guy a chance to wallop them one by one.
 

Gloria: This depressing episode was agonizing drivel. Your terrific recap skillfully managed to retell the events in a caring, careful manner that somehow made it palatable. "He rips up the letter. He cries. He is so pretty" was my favorite. Of course your comments "(umm, it's more like an obsession really") were insightful and poignant as always. Thank you!

"Ursula says that Marina needs to be dealt with, because Hernan is hers and only hers". I love how a few furtive looks and one minute's worth of conversation can make someone believe another is theirs alone. If only life imitated art.

In spite of how odious Ernesto is, Hernan's behavior is making my skin crawl even more. Madelaine and katy, I see you both are on the same page too!

It makes no sense that Becky (who intuitively realizes something is off with Hernan) to condone Marina's pretend pairing with him. I am grateful for her and Jose's kiss - one of the few nonrepellant kisses/gropings of the evening. Sigh.

I also love Rene Casados and am so happy he is here! At least Dam has an ally who is helping him physically, psychologically and intellectually.

Thanks again Gloria!

Diana
 

What a hoot you are Gloria!

"They were looking for it, replies DamBalls."

Now that is just a helluva sentence. And describes our feisty, sculpted, muscular man to a T.

Sounds like I need to fast forward through the whole episode until I get to the José/Rebecca kiss. Off to do just that! Thanks for a wicked and well-detailed recap, Gloria. You rock!
 

Wonderful recap Gloria! Thank you.

I'm glad to see Rene Casados too. It is good to see that he is here to guide DamFab. I also want to be a part of their book club. Wonder what story DamFab will be reading next.

Hernan admitted to have done terrible things and Marina still continues to let this guy be near here. WTH?? All the things he said to her should have been a red flag for Marina that he is nuts.

Loved the fight in jail. DamBalls gave those guys a good beating. Claudio even got a chance to kick one of them. DamBalls better watch out though because Dragon for sure will want to get revenge.
 

Thanks for the Recap Gloria. I too loved your comments about the boots and the BS.

Madelaine, loved your comment "DamKungFu"...

I couldn't believe he didn't finish middle school. I wonder why? and why is Claudio in jail, he sounds wise.

Right when I finally accepted WL's weaves, they chopped it off. But not complaining. He looks 1000x hotter with short hair.

Katy, I agree with you. I too get really stressed out by this novela. I want Marina and DamFab together and all the craziness to be resolved, but that would mean the end of the novela.and no more WL. It's a vicious circle.
 

"Ursula says that Marina needs to be dealt with, because Hernan is hers and only hers."

Note to Ursula: You can have him, sweetie! You two would make a nice pair.
 

Mauricio:

You got that right about both Marina and Ursula. I really thought for a minute that Herny would allude to more of the evil things he had done, of course not going into detail, to Marina, like for instance getting that job at Neptune and his purposes for it, but that would be showing his hand. I wonder how long it will be before she actually sits and thinks about that conversation and wonders exactly what bad things he has done. As far as forbidding her to see DamBalls, he was sadly mistaken there. The nerve of him!

I also liked what you said about Ursula! I wish she would just take Herny up and leave R-LayDee, wishful thinking. It'd be great if they hooked up.

I am stressed out about this TN too. It drives me crazy sometimes when Fully, Nereo and Herny continue to get away with all their crap. That poor DamFab is locked away for something he didn't do, typical TN formula.

I wonder how Herny thinks he can off Estercita and I guess he has a plan to dispose of the body, cause if it happened to surface, with no water in the lungs, all I can say is Dun, Dun, Dun Dunnnnnnnnnn.....
 

thanks, Gloria.
Sad to see Damincarcerated in jail battling bullies.
Speaking of bullies and jail...my daughter's soon-to-be ex, gets the girls every other weekend and takes them to dinner one night each week. Now that she has moved into a townhouse which we own, he is not supposed to enter her home. However, on Tuesday night after dinner, he returned them and pushed his way into the house holding the three-year-old. Then, he started yelling , swearing, and pushing our daughter while she was holding the three-year-old. This morning she got a PFA . If he comes into her house again, he will be arrested, but her lawyer did not want him to be able to take the girls this weekend and the judge did not support that. Can't believe our justice system sometimes.
 

Thanks so much, Gloria. Great work!

""(side note: looks like DamFab is the fighter and Claudio is the manager with the getup he's wearing."

So funny. I'm good with the red scarf but I do have a little trouble with the guyliner. Ah well. Must be in RC's contract, I guess.

Diana,
I also felt that Becky's forgiving attitude towards the fake courtship was a little weird. I expected her to tell Marina to steer clear of Hernán. Period. Everyone should know by now that H has an ON switch but no OFF switch. Yes, Mauricio, let Ursula have him!

Katy,
"Can I join the William Levy/Rene Casados book club?!"
Me too. I'd like to read with the boys. [But maybe we could meet in a different place, a nice round table on the Patio, say. With refreshments and good lighting.)

So here's the Shakespeare they were Brushing Up (because, like you, I am delighted at these details):

Hamlet
Penas por amor perdidas (Love's Labour's Lost)
Los dos hidalgos de Verona (Two Gentlemen of Verona)
Sueño de una noche de verano (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
Romeo y Julieta

The Tempest isn't even in the book. [¡Qué decepción!] From their conversation, it sounds like DamStudious is starting with Hamlet.

My absolute favorite moment of the episode:
The SNEER on Miss Universe's lovely face when Hernán FORBIDS her to visit DamInnocent in prison. If you missed it, it's worth checking out. In that fleeting instant, Marina reflects all the scorn the Patio dwellers feel for Hernán, the would-be Conquistador.
 

Susanlynn,

I just read what you wrote. I am so sorry that you have this ongoing heartache. How disappointing that our justice system is letting you and your family down.

I've said this before but it is worth repeating -- how lucky your daughter and grandchildren are to have you and your husband around, sticking up for them.
 

Susanlynn...there are no words. Here in Ohio, we elect our judges and we have some real idiots on the bench. Sounds like you do too. We need some guardian angels working overtime to protect your daughter and the girls.
 

Susanlyn.. so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
 

Gloria- Thank you for this wonderful recap. I didn't watch, but now I know I will be fast forwarding until I get to the Becky-Jose kiss, and the Rene C. scenes. Sign me up for the book club too! :)

Susanlynn- There are no words. What a horid situation. Let's just hope this just puts your daughter one step closer to being able to legally get the loser out of her and her daughters' lives.
 

Susanlynn, my heart goes out to you and your daughter. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to support her.

Niece in MD, ITA about the prison fight scene. So civilized--no switchblades or shivs. Just a good friendly sparring in the cell lol!

NM, thanks for the translation. For some reason I couldn't crack "Love's Labour Lost"!

ALERT: Did everyone notice NEW CREDITS AND PHOTOS??? It is VERY interesting and I'm not sure what to make of it (probably shouldn't think too much!). Starts the same w/ol' bewigged Cap'n, then goes to new DamGQ Cap'n. What confused me the most was in one shot it looked like Dam was with Ursula. NO PUEDE SER!!! Wow he cleans up nicely. Worth watching the credits Patio Peeps!



 

Katy...I saw those credits too when I was watching the show on my computer(it just ended). Oh dear, oh dear! Marina was with Hernan and Ursula was with DamFabInATuxedo. Not liking this at all. But the dance numbers at la Guacamaya looked like fun.
 

JudyB--ITA re: the dance numbers. I was about to complain the other day that Candy and Becky dropped that promising storyline about starting a dance club. Then lo and behold it showed up again. Something to look forward to!

WL looks smokin' hot in the new credits. I don't like the looks of those new couples one little bit.
 

Susanlynn: Prayers for strength and courage for your daughter, her children and you as well. My heartfelt sympathy...

Diana
 

Gloria, this recap is excellent. Very well done.

I had been guessing that Damián's time in the slammer would be short if not sweet, but now with the addition of Claudio, I'm not so sure.

My frustration with Mercedes continues. That lady just not have a talent for multi-tasking.

It's fun watching the Estercita we've come to know and love emerge bit by bit from this catatonia. When she is finally back it should be lots of fun for everyone. Who knows, the old Estercita might be perfectly content being the adored wife of a mob boss, however elderly he might be.

Can Hernán get any creepier or more pathetic?

Susanlynn, I'm so sad to hear about what you and your family are going through. Good luck to you, your daughter, and her daughters. Thank goodness that your daughter has such a loyal firmly centered mom.

Carlos
 

At this point, the only thing that will free Damian is Ester showing up alive. If Hernan kills her he will really hurt Dam's chance for freedom. He may get away with it even if he doesn't drown her, because in Mejialand there may not even be an autopsy or forensic studies that will tell how long she has been dead. He may not even have to hide her body (Mejia, Mejia, Mejia)!
 

Gloria, your DamBalls had me rolling on the floor. You have the most hilarious way of saying things. Great recap!

Katy, I'll join that book club too! Sounds like we've got a new activity out on the patio. Novela Maven, have you already reserved the table? Something tells me we will fill the patio.

Oh my oh my, THE KISS! Way to go Jose. That was by far my favorite scene in the entire episode.

ITA with you all about the odious Hernan. He said it to Marina himself at the beginning of the episode, "I'll never leave you alone. It will always be that way." Marina, LISTEN and learn! And what sane person does not want to hear the bad things that someone says will have them burning in hell? Hello...(knock, knock), anyone in there Marina?
 

Susanlynn, I am so very sorry to hear about your continuing misery of a son-in-law. It makes me so mad I could kick the wall. Indeed, the (in)justice system can sometimes be very frustrating. Your daughter and granddaughters are exceedingly lucky to have you and your strength on their team.
 

It's late and just wanted to say I read all of Gloria's recap. You seem to have gotten mostly deep, philosophical conversations a few well placed golpes and Sliming Herny.

Bravo for getting it all. I zoned out of some of the convos (and I couldn't understand most of Herny's mumble jumble either), knowing someone's steady hand would be at the helm.

 

Great recap, Gloria. I am very booked today and don't have mch time to write, but I so appreciate this thorough recap.

Best,
Elna June
 

Susanlynn--My heart goes out to you and your daughter. We are family here so you can count on us to hear you and share your troubles. I hope this creep defies his restraining order and ends up in jail.
 

"He's so pretty." LOL

Thanks for the recap!

Cynderella
 

Gloria --- Loved the DamBalls name. It has become my favorite Dam name so far. Thanks.
 

Cap'n Sylvia:

"And what sane person does not want to hear the bad things that someone says will have them burning in hell? Hello...(knock, knock), anyone in there Marina?"

What is wrong with Marina? Like I said above, that should have been a red flag for her. She is being so stupid when it comes to Hernan.
 

Susanlynn: I'm so sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.
 

Agreed. It is like she has turned into a zombie or something where Hernan is concerned.


 

That's it. She has become a zombie when it comes to Hernan. Just like Bea. They both need a good wakeup slap. Maybe Rebeca or Mercedes can give them one. Wishful thinking I know.
 

I liked the new credits. It looks like there are a lot of interesting things heading our way.
 

Susanlynn:

I too am saddened to hear about the continued bad behavior of your ex-son in law. I too am praying for your whole family and I too am glad your strength is there for your daughter and grandbabies.
 

Good recap watch the soap have no idea what there saying but now i do.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder