Tuesday, September 03, 2013

La Tempestad, September 2nd. Capitulo 26.

I am attempting to try to get to my recap, but my laptop doesn't want to start.  I am having the IT guy look at it and hopefully get it to work.  Sorry guys!

Padre Tomas consoles his sister.  He understands that it was hard for her to keep her secret.

Fulgencio finds out that the guy they find spying at the beach is Lazaro, his son.  He forbids the men to kill him.

Mercedes cries to Alicia that her daughter Magdalena did not only have a bad life, but is an alcoholic. 

Beatriz is putting away Marina’s laundry and finds a letter from the hospital in her draw.  She finds out she has a tumor. 

Estercita tells Damian that he can’t act all serious and quiet for the whole trip.  He asks her to understand.  He has tried to be kind but don’t ask for more, because he can’t give it to her. Estercita tells him that he can, if he just tried.  But I can’t pretend something I don’t feel replies Damian.  It wouldn’t be fair to the both of us.  Please forgive me, but I can’t give you more. Estercita keeps insisting he can.  He tells her to quit torturing herself; there can be nothing between them.  She starts complaining about Marina again and swears revenge.  As of now, I didn’t want to hurt her.  But if you hurt me, I will make sure to hurt all those that have hurt me.  Do you understand?

Beatriz finds out her tumor is inoperable.

Crewmen and staff from the packing plant are painting and cleaning up after the fire.  Marina tells them all that she appreciates there help.  Its lunchtime and Oso and the gang invite her to eat with them.  They all joke around and the cook asks them where’s Captain Fabre?

Damian tells Estercita not to threaten him.  You will get nothing from me.  Estercita asks Damian what can she do so that he will love her.  Nothing replies Damian.  Don’t ask for more than I can offer.  If you think saving you is loving you then that is not going to happen. 

Beatriz finds out the truth about why she’s there and what the meds she taking are for. 

Back at the beach, Nereo wants an explanation as to why they can’t kill Lazaro.  Valdivas says if we kill him, then we pay with our own life.  Nereo wants to know who will make them pay.  I will replies Fulgencio.  Nereo tries to explain to Fulgencio that Lazaro has been spying on him for a while and thinks he’s in love with Jaz.  Fulgencio repeats his threat and tells them to release Lazaro once he leaves.

Hernan shows up and spoils the fun.  Marina tells the crew that she has to leave to welcome the new associate to the company.  The guys are not happy.

Damian tells Estercita that he will be sleeping on deck?  Estercita convinces him to stay below.  Estercita says since this is our good-bye trip, kiss me.  I want to take the memory of your kisses and your caresses with me. (Girl, why torture yourself).  Then she asks him to make love to her.  Please she begs and kisses him.

Rebecca tells Jose that he picked a great place to have dinner.  Jose tells her it came highly recommended.  She wants to know if he’s a jealous person.  Very, replies Jose.  Rebecca laughs and says she loves jealous men.  She loves to drive them crazy.  He tells her a jealous man doesn’t get jealous over what he sees, but what he knows and imagines.  Rebecca is surprised.  She thought he was just a simple man.  No replies Jose.  I’m just simply a man.  And I am a woman replies Rebecca.  A little complicated.  That is why I never married.  She says a bunch of things about the single life and they gaze into each other’s eyes.    

Damian tells Estercita that it’s not right.  She wants to show him that with her kisses and caresses, she will be able to make him forget about any other woman.  Damian tells her he doesn’t want to forget.  Please don’t keep hurting yourself.  If we had relations, it wouldn’t change anything.  We are going to say good-bye when we return to port.  Estercita begs for one night of passion.  She wants to be his again.  Damian tries to explain that if he did that, he would be taking advantage of her.  If I made love to you, I would be thinking of her.  She’s the only woman I love.  It’s not right.  My kisses and caresses would be meaningless.  I know this hurts to hear, but I don’t love you.  (Girl, give it up.  Have some pride and self-respect)

Marina thanks Hernan for providing all the food for all the workers.  He reminds her that while he is an associate, he will make sure that she has everything she needs.  Marina grabs his hand and says he’s a godsend.  Damian’s crew is in the background, giving Hernan the evil eye.  They talk about the progress and that they should be up and running quickly.  Hernan tells her to forget about the packing plant for a while and invites her out for a drink. She tells him she can’t, but perhaps lunch tomorrow?  Hernan says nothing will make him happier.  Marina thanks him again for all his help and gives him a hug.  Hernan is so reading much more into this and so is Damian’s crewmen. 

Beatriz cries about how much Marina has sacrificed herself.  What would happen to her if I die?

Valdivas tries to convince Fulgencio that they need to kill Lazaro.  Again Fulgencio says no.  Again Nereo wants to know why. 

Hernan tells Marina that the workers have done enough for one day.  It’s time to send them home.  He offers to take her home and she accepts.  She goes and tells the workers that she is going home and so should they.  It has been a long day.  Hernan says to himself that Marina has changed her attitude with him.  She’ll change even more when Damian disappears.

Damian wishes Estercita a goodnight.  He thinks about Marina and wonders what she’s doing.  Only her pillow knows her dreams. When he speaks with her, he realizes that his words don’t say everything that his heart feels.  We are apart now, yet I feel you with me.  You fill up my life and everything I want, I want from you. 


Fulgencio tells the men if they are thinking about the scandal that break they kill the priest’s nephew.  There will be more Feds and our lives would be more difficult.  Think! Think!  Nereo says fine, but this all falls on you.

Jose tells Rebecca that the reason she has never married is because she’s scared.  Rebecca laughs it off.  She is not scared of anything.  She just wants people in her life to demonstrate that they want her in theirs.  Have there been many asks Jose.  Enough replies Rebecca.  Why didn’t you stay with someone asks Jose.  Rebecca tells him not to get confused.  Her personality is who she is and her attitude depends who he is.  Jose thinks that she deserves more. Much more.  They toast.

Fulgencio tells Valdivas that Nereo is getting a bit out of control.  He needs to watch out for Lazaro.  If he is harmed, Fulgencio will make sure that the only thing left of Valdivas is ashes.

Mercedes tells the ladies of the night her story.  She hasn’t told Marina the truth because she wants to find Magdalena first.  The ladies promise to help.

Jose walks Rebecca home.  She thanks him for dinner and tells him that she enjoyed there talk.  Jose says he wants to do it again and kisses her on the cheek.  She walks in and finds Beatriz crying.

The men threaten Lazaro.  They will hurt Jaz if he opens his mouth. 

Rebecca promises Beatriz that she will not tell Marina what she told her.  Rebecca thinks that Beatriz is confused.  She’s not going to die.  After talking awhile, Beatriz realizes that Rebecca knew about her condition all along.  That’s why she came for a visit.  Rebecca says she spoke with the doctor.  Beatriz tells her that she’s not afraid of death.  I’m just afraid that Marina will find out the truth.  What truth asks Rebecca?  That is a long story replies Beatriz.

Lazaro swears to the men that he will not open his mouth.  Nereo says if you do, you will next see me at Jaz funeral.

Beatriz just finishes telling Rebecca that Marina is not her biological daughter.  Rebecca is having a hard time believing it.  Ariel was a good man and would have told you that he was expecting a baby with someone else before he married you says Rebecca.  Beatriz tells her he didn’t know.  Rebecca can’t begin to understand how she felt when she first found out.  Beatriz says it was hard at first, but as soon as I had her in my arms, I knew she was my daughter.  Beatriz recalls Ariel bringing Marina home.  She reminds Rebecca that she was always sickly and knew that she could never give Ariel children.  I suffered because of that and that is why I accepted to be a mother to Marina.  Beatriz recalls Ariel telling her that Marina’s mother gave her to him to raise.  Beatriz says that Marina will always be a reminder of your infidelity.  Ariel tells her he never was unfaithful.  He just found out about his daughter hours ago.  Beatriz tells Ariel that she doesn’t want to know the name of the mother or anything else.  She will raise Marina as her own.  Ariel tries to tell her that he promised Marina’s mother something, but Beatriz interrupts and says that when that time comes then you tell me.  Rebecca wants to know if she ever found out what it was.  No, I never did replies Beatriz.  Marina is a joy in my life.  My light.  Especially after Ariel died.  So she will continue to be your niece.  Rebecca tells her not to worry.  Beatriz cries that she may never see Marina married, with children.  She also feels mad at Marina’s natural mother.  How could she have abandoned her?

Mercedes returns home and prays that she can find Magdalena.

Beatriz begs Rebecca not to tell Marina anything if something where to happen to her.  Rebecca reminds Beatriz that Marina is a grown woman and has the right to find her true origins.  Beatriz doesn’t want Marina to hold a grudge against her for not telling her the truth. Rebecca doesn’t believe that would happen. 

Mercedes wonders if Marina would ever accept her as her true mother.

Marina comes home and the discussion and crying ends.  Hugs all around.

Damian can’t seem to sleep.  He touches his necklace.  Marina pulls out a coral from her little purse that Damian gave her when they were kids.  She remembers the day they spent together.  They both kiss the coral.

Next day, Beatriz brings Marina earrings that she wore the day she married her father.  Marina says she’s going to wear them when she goes out to lunch with Hernan.  Beatriz thinks that Hernan has put that smile on her face.  Marina tells her love did.  I have fallen in love with Damian.  When he comes back, he’s going to get divorced and marry me.

Estercita comes on deck to greet Damian.  She tells him she dreamed about him all night.  She suggests a swim, but he wants to take the opportunity the wind gave him and keep sailing.  That way we can return faster.  Estercita reminds him that this is there last trip together. 

Marina is having lunch at Hernan’s house.  He toasts to their new relationship.  Marina doesn’t join in.  When he asks her why, she says she can’t make promises she can’t keep.  Hernan wants her to speak frankly.  Marina tells him that she has tried to give things a go with him, but her love for Damian is to strong.

Estercita tries to talk Damian into the water.

Hernan tells Marina that Damian is married, but she says that he’s going to get a divorce.  Hernan gets the device to detonate the bomb on the sailboat.

Estercita starts to drown and Damian jumps in.  She laughs and plants a kiss on him.  He gets mad at her.  They argue. 

Hernan toasts her and her happiness with Damian. 

More arguing with Estercita and Damian. She takes off her ring and throws it.  Damian swims back to the boat and Hernan detonates the bomb. Damian is unconscious in the water. 

Manana: Marina looks for Damian and Fulgencio tells Delfina that Estercita is lost at sea.

Labels:


Comments:
No worries, Gloria! These things happen. I hope that you can get the problem fixed. In the meantime, we can all discuss last nights episode here.
 

Gloria - this gives me a chance to watch it in time before you all discuss it:-) (I'm always behind since I watch it on hulu)

Vivi in DC: thanks so much for the clarification regarding M&M (Magdalena and Marina)! This should be very interesting...
Ana
 

Gloria:

No worries. We've all had problems with our computers ; ) I too hope you get the problem fixed. Looking forward to your most excellent recap!
 

Gloria:

Your capitulo number should read 26 not 25 : )
 

Gloria: thanks - I also hope you get your computer issues fixed. It's so frustraing. I know! I'm sure it will be well worth the wait and thank you for persevering.

With my lack of language skills, I can add little to last night's events.Becky seemed to have a wonderful time with Jose. She received a chaste kiss on the cheek at the end and looked pleased but a tad disappointed. However, her happy glow was effectively snuffed out upon her return home when Bea greeted her the second she walked in the door with (I believe) the news Marina is not her daughter (please correct me if I am mistaken).

Oh and Dam's crew loathes Hernan. If looks could kill...

I'll leave the ending for you Gloria or one of the other commenters.

Diana
 

Hey Gloria, stuff happens ;-)
I know that your recap will be worth waiting for.
I'm just happy that the previews were misleading and DamDidn't with Pester.
Hernan is so creepy that it's scary.
Bea' storyline is sad and I'm not sure if I would agree with her keeping Marina's true story from her. I understand Bea's point but Marina has a right to know. Not knowing would be detrimental.
On an upbeat note, I love Beckyand Jose together.
 

Diana:

You are correct about Bea telling Becky that Marina isn't her bio daughter. There was something interesting about Bea and Ariel but I'm going to wait for Gloria's recap.

You are right about Herny. The crew can't stand him.

Herny is more evil now than even Fully and Nereo has got to go.
 

Best of luck Gloria. Computer issues are SO maddening.

Yay! Dam stayed true. I wish Marina had pushed Hernan away more (that hug!), but she did lay it out clearly for him by the end.

Diana- Bea was a major buzzkill for Tia Becky, greeting her with the news that she knows she has an inoperable tumor, believes she will die soon, and oh yeah, by the way, Marina isn't related to us by blood. LOL!

But I did love that date. Jose left Becky wanting more. That's a good thing. I did worry when I saw how she downed her glass of wine at dinner though. Slow down there Becky!
 

Thanks Madelaine and Vivi!

Talk about a triple whammy: "Bea was a major buzzkill for Tia Becky, greeting her with the news that she knows she has an inoperable tumor, believes she will die soon, and oh yeah, by the way, Marina isn't related to us by blood" Perfect Vivi!

Diana
 

No problema, Gloria. Hope your problem is fixed.

I have a question, when Magdalena went missing/stolen, did Ariel help Mercedes find her? It's sad to think that he didn't help her find his own daughter.

All this time I thought Bea knew about her tumor in her lungs. I feel bad for her but, when you are fainting all the time and hospitalized, wouldn't you want to know why? I know they mentioned it in the first few episodes, but I don't think I paid attention, what did Marina and the doctor tell Bea her condition was?


 

Caroline- Ariel did offer to find Magdalena, but Mercedes told him not to. She told him that the man who took her was very dangerous, and she needed Ariel to be safe in order to protect their daughter Marina-- that's the job she needed him to do. He reluctantly accepted this, since Mercedes was not going to provide any more info.

I didn’t pay attention to what the doc told Bea, but she has had a lung tumor before, has always had breathing problems, and has always been sickly, so I don’t think they had to make anything too outlandish up. She probably just thought the problems she has always had were just worsening because of age, lack of rest, etc.

 

Dear Gloria--I can wait, too.

So, now we have seen the sailboat blow up twice in the avances. How is it all going to end?

How's this for an ending--DamPester saves DamFloater, grabbing him with one arm across the chest (if it reaches), bringing him to the surface and swims to shore. There's nothing left of the boat.

After he's revived, they look around and all they see are coconut trees. They survive on coconuts and fish. He builds a shack out of palm leaves and uses stones to write out S. O. S. They hear helicopters flying over, but they aren't seen. Four months later, they are rescued....oh, wait, that sort of already happened to DamFab in another earlier incarnation.

Oh, well, how about this one--
They float up to shore, they decide to dress up in each other's clothes (it wouldn't take much for DamFab to look like a girl with those long locks...but hey, where is our imagination when he begins to grow a beard...bear with me). Exploring the island, they discover all sorts of friendly dancing people and animals, including a huge man with a donkey head....oh, shoot, that one has been done, too.

Well, the only thing left is for DamFab to Tame the Shrew and hope for rescue.
 

Vivi in DC, thanks so much for clearing that up. It makes more sense now!
 

The recap isn't up yet and I am laughing appreciatively already!

Anita, "DamPester saves DamFloater" had me laughing out loud. Loved your scenarios

Diana (still laughing delightedly and blatantly ignoring colleague's stares)

Diana
 

Sorry! Finally posted.
 

Gloria thanks for your recap and hope you resolved your computer problems.

Wow, Hernan is truly a psycho - he smiles at Marina while killing the man she loves.

I too am relieved that DamFab didn't fall into Pester's arms last night.

Loved the date. Too bad Tia Becky had such a downer afterwards.
 

hola again,
Anita, I, too love DamPester saves DamFloater:-)Ha!
I know I am alone in this but I like his long locks... although it is time for him for a shampoo, I think. I like the "beard" too.

Vivi - I thought the same thing with the glass of wine and Tia Becky... are the writers setting her up to be a problem drinker, I wonder? hmmm..

Thanks Gloria for the recap!
 

Gloria:

Thank you so much for this fab recap despite your computer problems.

Anita:

So loved your scenario! I am still laughing.

Diana:

So with you too : )

I really like how this TN is doing the flashbacks and history in order instead of random flashbacks out of order. I love the continuity. I am surprised that Bea took Marina and raised her as her own without any type of bitterness, she is a remarkable woman and truly loves Marina.

I can't wait to see what happens now with Pester and DamFab.

I too really like Jose and Becky. I hope they get together. They are so much fun together.

Herny is just a horrid, horrid person. I bet he was thinking when he pressed that button on the remote, I'll make sure you'll never get your wish of marrying His Deliciousness. I bet he thinks in her grief she'd turn to Herny and she'd fall in love with him. I'm afraid he is going to have to learn the word no, I'm not in love with you, means no!
 

if the unhappy honeymooners survived that explosion, they are Damindestructible . Oh, please do not let them alone on a deserted isle where PesterEster can pester Dammarooned 24/7. DamDamp is only human, and he has Damneeds. If she saves him, he may feel Damindebted and succumb to her charms.
 

Great job Gloria! Thanks for going above and beyond to get us this recap.

Mercedes should chill out about Magdalena. At least she finally has some clues about where she is. And being homeless and an alcoholic, is a lot better than being a prostitute, or DEAD! Maybe Maggie and Becky can eventually go to AA together? :)

Ana- They have been giving us clues that Tia Becky might like the bottle a bit too much. Hopefully, they just leave it as a funny personality quirk, and don't turn it into a full blown problem.

Mads- ITA that Bea is a very good woman for accepting Marina like that. But she really should have let Ariel tell her the details, and his promise to return Marina to Mercedes one day. Although that promise was unfair to begin with. How did Ariel and Mercedes expect Bea to raise Marina as her own, and then yank her away at some point? It was never going to end well. I also don't think Mercedes should expect Marina to run to her open arms, calling her mama, because she's her "real" mama.

But Becky is right that Marina deserves to know the truth.
 

Great recap Gloria! You filled in a lot of murky details.

Ooh I'm so afraid, as Anita said, DamPester will save DamFloater and then we will have TN law #137: galan can't dump wife after she saves his life cuz he will feel guilty!!!!!!! Aaaaahhhhhh!!!! So close, DamFab!

Viv: loved your buzzkill comments and "slow down girl!"

Isn't it a little naive of Mercedes to be shocked about the alcoholism?! She better get ready for HIV positive, drug addicted, STDs and more. Life on the streets isn't pretty.

On a brighter note, Gloria, this was a perfect recap. You did a fab (damn fab!) job on the Jose/Becky date which was the highlight!

Katy
 

Susanlynn and Vivi: we were writing at the same time! Great minds think alike! Love "DamMarooned"!;)

Katy
 

Thank you so much for this wonderful recap, Gloria!

DamFab is DamFaithful to Marina and did not give in to Esthercita. Phew! Esthercita does need to have some dignity. She needs to learn that NO means NO.

Loved the looks the crew gave Hernan. They really don't like him and who could blame them. Only Marina and Bea seem to like him. I still can't believe that Marina is actually going to let him become an associate. Ugh!
 

Gloria - Thanks a bunch. Hope your laptop is okay.

I don't remember what Jose was wearing but he looked especially good last night. The longer hair suits him well.

Marina is pretty naive to give Hernan that hug, and to do it in front of DamFab's crew. But I guess she still sees Hernan as a socially challenged nerd. Come to think of it, he still is cause his only friends are paid to be so.
 

Gloria: thank you for the marvelous conversation translations: "She thought he was just a simple man. No replies Jose. I’m just simply a man." Hmmm - who needs snails or any other devices to know this romance is going to simmmer sensationally?

Gloria, I always learn many things from your detail laden recaps. This was terrific. Thanks so much.

I'm relieved along with everyone else Dam didn't give in to temptation.

Karen, Hernan's smile was reptilian, wasn't it? Here he is ready to blow Marina's love to kingdom come and he does so gleefully.

Diana
 

Niecie, Jose had a light tan suit. He looked divine.

Diana
 

Diana - Thanks. Jose must've overpowered my senses. :D
 

Thanks Gloria, this is an excellent recap... good job.

Not only were the boat guys not happy, they suddenly weren't hungry either.

I admired Estercita's persistence. I thought that she gave it a good shot. Her decision to lure Damián into the sea was life-saving. Good job, Estercita.

Carlos
 

Marina is a bit emotionally tone deaf, isn't she? She failed to notice how telling the sailors that Hernan provided the food, completely put them off it. And she failed to notice that both her mom and aunt were crying their eyes out when she got home.
 

Niecie, I only noticed myself as I was gazing at Jose's bulging bicep. Oh dear...

Vivi, yes! I couldn't believe Marina didn't realize she walked smack into the Bea/Becky tearfest. "Emotionally tone deaf" indeed!

Diana
 

Tks so much Gloria & with frustrating computer problems.

I still don't understand how Mag got stolen & Marina didn't.
 

I was wrong, Damien didn't fall for Ester's pleas. Good boy.
 

Variopinta- In the flashback Mercedes had about the night it happened, Ernesto was in her house arguing with her about running away from the client he had given her too. When she wouldn't comply and agree to come back, he just quickly grabbed one of the babies and took off, pushing Mercedes off him as she tried to stop him. I don't necessarily think he planned it in advance. He just saw a quick and easy way to get back at Mercedes, and could only realistically grab hold of one baby. That's why Mercedes was so worried he would come back to take her other baby and called up Ariel after they hadn't seen each other in so long.
 

Thanks for this excellent recap, Gloria. It's too bad you had to fight your laptop this morning. How lucky for us that you are the one who won.

Anita, I was also thinking how easily this could slip into Will S territory. But in that case, no worries, right? In comedies, everything gets sorted out in the end. Though really, DamFab would be better off stranded with a volleyball named Wilson...

I really like last night's episode. The plot bubbled along on several fronts. I think this novela is very well-constructed and I love the way the story is unfolding bit by bit.

I'm also enjoying XN's Marina. Yes, the actress is a newbie but she has a likability to her that makes me root for her. And I agree heartily with something Shallowgal said the other day -- I would much rather see someone holding back than watch the overacting, the opera-without-the-music-or-the-wit performances that many telenovela actresses turn in.

So let's hope DamFab gets rescued quickly. He is, after all, wearing dark pants.
 

I like the way Marina is being portrayed. I think the acting is fine and suits the character. She's fairly uptight, has difficulty interacting with and understanding people, is a bit neurotic, thought she didn't want to fall in love so was deliberately stifling emotion. I think that is a very realistic character. Not all good people are effusive and outgoing and warmly expressive.

Then again, I wore bright red pants yesterday, so my opinion may be invalid...
 

Gloria, thank you for battling your laptop problems so you could recap this episode for us. I especially laughed at "Girl, why torture yourself, and Girl, give it up. Have some pride". Although I am impressed by Pester's enthusiasm and focus, I am dismayed by her lack of situational awareness.

I just adore Ivan Sanchez's psychopathic Hernan. I love to hate him so kudos to the actor. Now I hope he (Hernan) dies a most heinous death.

Could a remote really set off a bomb that is placed on a boat out at sea? Oh wait, I forgot, they didn't actually sail anywhere, just flogged their way to wherever their motor would take them. Patooey.

Thanks Gloria!
 

Gloria,
I have problem with my computer also. It took 10 minutes to open my beloved CarayCaray site. So I just bought a new ones. I told my Dad that I need a good computer to do report.(my Caray report !!!).

I love all those compound words with the Prefixe DAM, so funny :DamFab, DamNeeds, DamDeeds, Dam Floater, DamMarooned, DamFaithful...Can you list all these out so I can learn some new English.

Vivi,
I think Marina is not just a BIT emotionally tone dead. She is TOTALLY tone dead. Why on earth she choose Damian's worst enemy to be her partner. Does it mean Herny will be Dam's boss too.
Imagine, how much Dam would suffer under him, if he come back alive.
Vivien
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder