Thursday, October 31, 2013

Corazon Indomable #122 Galan #6 to the rescue! Where is Galan#7 when MC needs him?

This episode is so crazy and all over the place that I'm not sure I can keep up. The back and forth is hurting my brain and I think it's going to explode. Here is the best I can do.

Santa doesn't put up much of a fight when Octavio takes little Lupita from the only family and house she knows. But she doesn't cry or put up a fuss, so I guess she's ok with it. MC and Juanita come back from shopping and find out that Lupita has been kidnapped. Wondering where Octavio could have gone with Lupita, Santa says that he probably took her to his home and MC is surprised by this. Simona's house? He took her to Simona's house? Santa: Yes, he lives there. (Actual conversation).  But MC stands her ground. No one knows what she's capable of!!!! He won't get away with this!!!

Poor Cinderella, I mean Lupita. Now she has to live with her evil stepmother. Oct brings her to the kitchen and Simona is there. Lupita says she wants her mother and father of the year says that her mother is gone and she will live there now. He tells this little 3 year old that her mother is a bad role model and Simona says that her mother is a savage who will not be happy that Lupita is here. Let's hope this little actress doesn't understand spanish and has no idea what they are saying. They take her up to meet her brother. She repeats that she wants to see her mommy and Simona says he better shut the brat up or she'll wake up baby Octavio.

MC says she will go to Simona's to get Lupita back. Santa tries to talk her out of it, she grabs Perico instead of the police and heads over there.

Octavio is playing with Lupita, throwing her up in the air and catching her. She looks sick and may throw up on him at any minute. I'm holding my breath. That will be must see TV. Meanwhile, Simona is plotting to get rid of her already. Simona can't believe Oct brought his daughter to their house. Awf says you told him too. Well, she said that because she wants MC to suffer and so that Oct has no excuse to see her. 

Armaro is chatting with the padre. Armaro does't want to leave the lands, he still has money he got from the bribe job that Navario did. Clorinda arrives and says that he gave his blind daughter to Ester. And Lina is sick. Maybe she has the same mystery illness that Solita has.

MC and Perito have come to the house to get Lupita back. Has she called the police yet? No, that makes too much sense. The guards are keeping her out. She argues, then leaves.

Simona and Octavio argue about Lupita staying and where she will sleep. Octavio clearly has made the correct decision. It's obvious that Lupita is much better off at Simona's with a stepmother who despises her mother and doesn't want her there, instead of with her mother and a man who has claimed to raise her as his own. One cell is working it. They will need a nanny and actually wonder if Juanita would be available now that she doesn't have anyone to look after. OMG! Simona leaves and Octavio thought bubbles to Lupita that after that witch of a stepmother you have dies, we can live happily ever after. These characters are so lovely in this show. I love them all.

MC has finally gone to the police, but after she tells this extremely ugly policeman that the father of her daughter has kidnapped her daughter, he says that it's then up to lawyers to work it out. You see, fathers who have given up their parental rights still have parental rights and can kidnap at will. Sorry. Next?
Simona is eating dinner with Miguel and they talk about what's happening with Lupita like she's just a pet who will get used to her new surroundings eventually and forget all about her old home. Miguel thought bubbles that he can't wait until Simona kicks the bucket. Me too. 

MC frets over Lupita missing and Juanita tries to calm her down. Octavio is doing the same, and insists that none of this would have happened if MC had been the pure virginal angel he thought she was before he read the letter from JA. Simona's house is like psycho hotel and all the inhabitants are wackos.

MC vows to get Vargas involved in returning her daughter. Who is Vargas? The ugly cop's coworker. Vargas vows to help her but ugly cop reminds him that their boss would never agree to that and would fire him. Vargas backs down and MC vows to go to Morales. Who is Licenciado Morales? He's galan#6 and the very man who's helping to take MCs land from her. 

Intermission. I looked up what a licenciado is. Usually, it pertains to lawyers, but anyone who has a degree can be called licenciado. 

Miguel tells JA that thanks to the letter he wrote, Octavio has finally gotten mad at MC and accused her of being a hussy, and therefore took Lupita from such an unfit mother. JA is surprised that his letter was used for this purpose. He won't help them if the letter is to be used to take Lupita away from her. Miguel says that Oct took the girl so that MC will come after him and leave her new boyfriend alone. Miguel then confesses that all he needs now is for Simona to die and Octavio to inherit everything. 

JA comes home to tell Ester he's worried about MC. Octavio took Lupita. Ester pleads with him that he needs to help her get her back for payback for MC helping Ester give birth to a healthy baby boy. 

Morales comes to Simona's with MC and gets them to let them in. Morales tells Simona that he has an arrest warrant for Octavio. Simona leaves to tell Miguel that they are there to see Octavio. Octavio comes down and says that he won't give her up. They argue back and forth with the same old same old, but MC ends the show by telling Simona that she's going to die from her illness. 










Labels:


Comments:
CathyX:

Superb recap! I'm with you. These writers have jumped the shark a long time ago.

Dead to Me Tav is such an idiot. Bet he really thought $imona would just accept Lupita. I couldn't stand the way $imona was so rude to that little girl.

I was surprised by Ester I have to say. One good deed deserves another, who knew? JA is an idiot if he didn't think they would use that letter for any revenge they saw fit.

$imona's face was priceless when MariCruz told her like it is. I am glad MariCruz went over Vargas' head and got Morales the Mayor. At least MariCruz still has fight in her.
 

So Morales is a mayor too? He does it all, I guess.
 

Santita did put up a valid fight in the previous episode. She held tight onto Lupita and argued with Octavio for a very long time. Octavio ended up pulling Lupita out of Santita's arms. For a while there I thought they were going to have a tug of war.

Unfortunately, I think Miguel knows how to push JAs buttons, and I suspect he will stand by the letter after all - otherwise the plot wraps up too quickly.

I think Morales threatened Octavio he could be arrested because he's committing a crime.

Thanks much for the recap!
 

If only the moonkey had jumped on Octavio's head and beat it with his tiny fists he might have prevented what I am calling the kidnapping of Lupita. I missed this last night so I may have to watch it just to see Maricruz telling Simona the truth.

Thanks, cathyx, for the wonderful recap.
 

Previews - Maricruz threatens to tell Simona everything she knows unless they give Lupita back. I can't wait to see how the idiot brothers Narvaez react to that one!
 

Thanks so much Cathyx! The recap moved along quickly. I only watched the last five minutes, and that was actually enough to get the gist of everything that had happened.

I'm going to finally give Tav the title he has fought so hard for-- he is officially THE WORST GALAN, EVER!
 

I come back from vacation to this! Can the depressive misery of this show get any worse? If it didn't have an exact end date I would have left this weeks ago. No good seems to come to our heroine and the man she is supposed to end up with seems to be schizo as he changes his opinion of her, his wife, everything, every of minute. The only bright spot was Esther's speech. But I don't bank on anything good coming out of that. Jeez Louise will Simona die already and someone takeout Miguel and JA too!
 

Thank you for the recap, Cathy. I'm so sorry you got such a crappy episode, but since there are no good ones left (were there ever?), I guess you could be happy that you git a really awful one.

Vivi, I think calling Tav the worst galan ever is an offense to bad galans - but yeah, when we think he couldn't be any more awful, he surprises us once again.

Counting the days to the last episode.
Thank God we each have to recap one episode every other week and not more... although the ideal would now be no episodes never ever again.
 

Lordy, CathyX...you did a good job recapping a repellent episode. If that were real life, imagine how terrified that little mite Lupita would be. Dragged off by a father she doesn't know to be dumped in a strange place with a woman who clearly despises her. Good times! I laughed out loud when you said "I love all these people". Riiiiight.

Worst galan ever and a support cast that is vomitorious (spellcheck is going crazy) in their actions.

Wretched episdoe. Excellent recap. Next!
 

Thank you Cathyx---I am so glad to get a recap today. I know that accidents happen but was happy to turn on my computer and see #122 up and running. I do have to disagree with you though. I have seen children bounced on a knee or tossed in the air "dozens" of times
the children love it and no Lupita didn't look sick or look like she was going to throw up.

Vida2---LOL, Yes I was being sarcastic. In the past, just because the writers choose not to give Lupita 15 minutes of
"required" time every night, I read dozens of "loony tune" comments on what a unloving, uncaring, selfish, unfit mother Marycruz was. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Everyone has a right to give their opinion, so now it's my turn. Yes I'm being sarcastic and I'm not going away. Those comments were unbelievable. Like it is now "SHAMEFUL" for little daughter to comb or brush mommy's hair. What planet did that thought come from? I don't think from any planet in our solar system.

Madelaine---Yes $imona was rude to little Lupita, Lupita is Mari's child---$imona hates her.

$imona's house is like psycho hotel and all of the inhabitants---
well, it is Halloween.

Miguel and Jack Ass out talking in the field---where is that cattle stampede when we need it?

Cathyx---So Morales is the mayor too? Maybe? It's a small town. I remember being in a small town once where the barber was also the Fire Chief--really. In small towns people do double duty sometimes.
I'm just surprised that it was Morales fighting for Mari and Lupita, I was expecting that Old Mustache would be there to knock Oblivio on his but.

Aleta---I'm glad that you got Ojala
your cat under control, these episodes are too good to miss because of a cat/dvd recorder malfunction.

Last night was FABLOUS/FABULOSO. [sorry Carvivlie] I thought that the unloving, uncaring
Maricruz would storm the citadel with a small army to rescue her daughter but I guess that she tried to reason first, however she doesn't know that there is no reasoning with One Cell because he has the lying fake letter in his pocket. Because of the letter, Tav thinks that he has grounds to keep Lupita.----He asked for it, he wanted war and now he's got it. The look on both his and $imona's faces at the close last night was priceless.

I CAN'T WAIT for tonight's drama. Can't miss TV.
the gringo

 

OMG, I hate all these people. I wish, WISH that the writers would work something out so Maricruz wont end up with Octavio. There is nothing good, or kind about him, he is no Daniel (from Amor Bravio!).

Someone asked, and I really want to know, can a child in Mexico be taken from the mother because she's a "hussy"? I mean Maricruz is not doing anything improper and yet she's accused of sleeping around, if that were true what's so wrong about it? She's not married and she can do as she wishes, it's not like she's turning tricks in the local cantina!
 

Thanks, Cathyx. This novela seems too close to reality to me now that O .has taken Lupita. My dreadful almost ex son in law is trying to get custody of our two little granddaughters every other week instead of the current every other weekend. Hub and I watch the girls every weekday, so we are wondering if he is planning to ask us to keep,watching them if he wins or if he will put them in daycare. He really cannot afford daycare, so I am worried about what will happen. The next hearing is in December. I don't think that I can keep,watching this novela.
 

One thing I forgot---I noticed that two guards at the gate of $imona's ranch0 citadel were wearing police uniforms. Local police assigned to guard duty? how did $imona pull that off?
the gringo
 

Vivi, You are so right, worst Galan ever! There is no way he can be redeemed at this point. And really, the last 5 minutes of epi #121 was all we needed to see also.

Audrey, I didn't catch the previews so tonight might be worth tuning in for the last 5 minutes, lol.

We never got wind that Ester has adopted Lina until now. And now Lina is sick too. There must be something in the water.

JudyB, I'm sorry for all the mess you're going through right now. Hopefully your daughter will have a positive result like we know MC will by the end.

Gringo, I have bounced my own daughter in the air when she was little, my point was that Lupita didn't look in the least happy when it was happening to her. He even told Simona that if he puts Lupita down, she cries and wants her mommy.

Eli Adriana and Carvivlie, I'm with you, I hate everyone on this show. It can't end soon enough for me. I don't like spending time with anyone I dislike, and an hour is too long.
 

Great recap!

I loved when Maricruz told Simona the truth! I loved the look on Simona's face.

Now, if only Lupita would quickly wake up and start yelling for her mommy. I want Lupita out of that house! I wanted to punch Simona for how she was treating Lupita.

Oh, and where is the engineer? He needs to knock Octavio around a little more. Wait! I take that back. Octavio really needs the Padre to lay hands on him.

Caryn
 

No, Eli, I doubt someone can take a child because a mother might be a "hussy" or had an affair. It's all in Tav's own mind, and maybe can even warrant a custody hearing, but he can't have the child until after he wins custody which he does not currently have. And the mayor made it very clear that its almost impossible to take a child under 5away from its mother. It's all very thin, but the TN writers don't care - they make up laws as they go on.

Gringo, the guards aren't wearing police uniforms. They look more like private guard narcotraficante uniforms to me.
 

Madelaine, you said that this show jumped the shark a long time ago, and I agree. But when did it jump for you? For me, it was Octavio not recognizing MC when she became MA.
 

CathyX:

That was the moment for me too. The way she kept saying No, Senor! you would have thought Brainless Tav would have caught on. How many other female characters on this TN say that? Only one and that was MariCruz. She was his wife and he didn't recognize her, que, que what??? That did it for me. She hadn't changed that much. Just better dressed, some makeup, he should have known, instead he was stuck on stupid!
 

Obtuso has gone so far into the WORST GALAN stratosphere that he should be listed as "antagonista" instead of "protagonista" in the credits! Since when does the "good guy" do such hateful, mean things ... and to a child?!
 

Thanks for the recap cathyx. Where was Galan#7?? This is the question of the day. I was hoping he'd show up and take on Tav & Mig.

Looks like we all enjoyed $imona's expression - I thought her eyeballs were going to pop out. Serves her right for being so mean to Lupita.

I was happy to see Esther showing compassion for MC.

All in all I enjoyed the episode and look forward to what else Mari has to say to the Narvaez clan.


 

DorothyC, I was wondering the same thing. He supposedly lives in the same house, but he wasn't even there to console MC or to storm Simona's house to get Lupita back. Some galan he's turning out to be.
 

Excellent recap cathyx. I thought this was a rather difficult episode and the way you recapped it was superb.

Last evening we had a drink in the lobby bar of the hotel and returned to our room to watch this episode and imagine my surprise and chagrin to discover that the TV in the room had no Univision or for that matter not any Spanish TV channel. In Houston, Texas? No Spanish TV? Yikes!

Well, I read your recap and the comments on the way home and have just now finished watching the episode.

How good to see the executioner from Alborada. He seems to be maintaining his weight as well as his grump.

Was Benadryl used in this episode?

Since I've already mourned the death of this show, it's kind of fun to see what they are doing with it these remaining days before burying it officially... sort of like a Weekend at Bernie's for a TN.

gringo,

"...dozens of "loony tune" comments..." ?

"What planet did that thought come from?"

Really?

Carlos
 

CathyX awesome job!!!The wickedness of all the characters is truly sad. If memory serves me right,wasn't MC a virgin when Idiot married her? If she wasn't selling herself when she was starving, why would she do it now? I am so done with this. The producer and writers ought to be ashamed.
Susanlyn hang in there and keep the faith. All will be well with your grand babies.

Olive
 

Oh, and thanks for all the fond wishes for the Lovely Linda and me yesterday. We had a wonderful evening and a wonderful meal even though the weather was dreadful.

Carlos
 

Watching this show reminds me of the Shakira song lyric, "Where are all the men in this town?" Seems like all we have are boys and villains.
 

The most funny thing about all this is rating. We already knew that it was extremely high in Mexico. But the rating is also high here in USA. For example, this is the rating from the last week
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/this-weeks-broadcast-ratings/
As we can see, this show is much more higher then Tempestad and MPV. It is great rating for the show of this time slot.
It is mystery for me. But wait, I'm also still watching for the second time :))
Alegria
 

Alegria, it just goes to show that we are all gluttons for punishment! ;)
 

I kinow this is random but I just wanted to let you guys know that La Madrastra is soon to be re-run on TLNovelas in November.
 

Alegria, that is crazy about the ratings, both in Mexico and here. But the craziest is for those of you who have watched it the first time around and are watching it again, lol.
 

Alegria, thank you for the ratings link. It is very interesting.

Jarifa
 

Carlos- Telenovela Weekend at Bernies? Love it! They must be trying to hit every single novela bingo square ever. We have a kidnapped child now. So what's left? It may be a little late for a baby-switch but I'm sure they can fit in some amnesia somewhere. And an actual shark-jumping would be amazing! Back to Isla Dorada!

Kelly
 

@Kelly - if you only knew what's left. Every time someone asks "can this get any worse?" I have to bite my tongue because I am SO tempted to answer that question.


 

@cathyx - I'll confess that up to episode #80 I rewatched the whole thing on Univision. But from the moment O's plane crash-landed, so did my enjoyment of this show. The only episodes I rewatch now are the ones I have to recap.


And everyone else: as some of you may recall, a few weeks ago I got into a very detailed explanation of the difference between "custodial rights" and "termination of parental rights". That's because these episodes were being broadcast in Mexico at that time and I was just livid, not only because as I lawyer it annoys me when legal terms are not used properly on tv shows, but because the way these monkey writers portray Mexican law, you would think Mexico is still it he middle ages, when it is actually quite progressive, in the legal field at least.

Anyway, to reiterate, "custodial rights" can be limited or even lost, but they can still be restored under appropriate circumstances. That is not the case with "parental rights". If "parental rights" are terminated, that's it. End of story. It's as if even the biological relationship NEVER existed. When Octavio voluntarily agreed to "termination of his parental rights", he FOREVER gave up his right not only to custody of Lupita, but even his right to opine on her upbringing, etc. The monkey writers occasionally hint that THEY know the distinction between the two terms, but they still have written the police officials as bumbling idiots who obviously don't know the difference. And, as someone pointed out, even if Octavio had only given up custodial rights, he would still have to petition the court to change the custodial arrangement. What he did was without a question KIDNAPPING.
 

Cathyx, thanks for the recap.
Gringo, what a relief!!! I thought I was the only one left on MC's table.
I have only to say that now I know that the tn writers are sadists and all the characters too and MC is a masochist. How else can you explain what's going on. And as I saw the titles of the chapters in Wikipedia, the travails of MC will not be finished until they are finished.
And Vivi, thanks for awarding that title to Octavio who is deader than dead to me.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder