Tuesday, October 15, 2013

La Tempestad, October 14, 2013. Capitulo 56. She's Alive! She's Alive!


Mercedes tells Bea that it's time to tell Marina the truth. Hernan has now found out.

Hernan wants to know why Fully was interrogated by the Feds. Nothing to do with the organization replies Fully. It's regarding the dead Fed. Hernan just wanted to make sure that Fully didn't say anything stupid. Fully snickers and changes the subject. He wants to know what Hernan's intentions are with Ursula. Why do you care, asks Hernan. I didn't think you cared about anyone, but yourself. Fully gets annoyed and tells Hernan that no one messes with this family. Sooner or later, this association of ours will finish. And I will have the pleasure of no longer putting up with your weird temperament. Ursula listens in when Hernan tells Fully that he would be the first to celebrate the end of their association. Ursula wants to know what is up with Fully and Hernan.

Mercedes thinks it better to tell Marina now, before she finds out from someone else. Bea finally agrees but begs her to find the right time to tell her. She doesn't have a long time to live and doesn't want to see Marina suffer.

Bea goes to see her Dr. Suspenders. She wants to know how much longer she has to live.

Marina is praising DamFine for bringing in more then enough fish to share with the poor. Hernan strolls up and tells DamAnnoyed that he is the talk of the town. I ask that next time you don't give away the fish. DamAnnoyed reminds him that he met his obligation to the pacadora. Isn't the fact that the freezer is full the most important? So what's the problem? That you used the fish that belonged to the pacadora replies Hernan. It was mine replies DamFine. “La Tempestad” works for the pacadora says Hernan. So I'm going to have to take it from your pay. If you read the contract it clearly states that all the fish belongs to the pacadora. Is that true DamFine asks Marina. Yes, it's true replies Marina. She tells Hernan what DamFine did was noble. And since he is going to take it out of DamFine's pay, you might as well take half from me too. I am completely in agreement with what DamFine did. DamFine tells Marina that it isn't necessary. Marina says that it's not a problem. It has to do with people needing it. Hernan agrees to take it out of both their pays. We are not in a good position to give away fish.

Dr. Suspenders says he doesn't know how long Bea has. It's up to God.

DamFine comes up to Robles and asks if he has found out anything. Robles tells him that Hernan has another plan but doesn't really know the details. He also thinks Fully's in on it. They both want to see him dead. DamFine gets pissed and Robles tells him to calm down. DamFine assures him that he will not do anything to jeopardize the investigation.

Ursula brings Fully the newspaper and he finds out that Ernesto is dead. He is not a happy camper. Ursula spies again and catches Fully saying out loud the combination to his safe and records it. (who in the world says stuff like this out loud? Oh, wait. How else would she get in the safe?) He says he has to find a way to control Hernan. He pulls out a folder (I think it's the one that he stole from the dead Fed's room).

Estercita is glad to see Hernan. He wonders if she is starting to remember. Yes, replies Estercita. Well, there's just one more thing says Hernan. The main part. Do you remember how you got here? Your husband, DamFine. He blew up the sailboat that you were on. Why would he do that asks Estercita. So that he can get rid of you and escape with this lover replies Hernan. Marina Rebelde says Estercita. Exactly replies Hernan. Now I remember replies Estercita. She is the one that separated us. That's why he wanted the divorce. Well, I am not going to allow it. He is the man that I feel in love with and I will not allow him to leave me. Ever!

Ursula replays her recording and opens the safe. She goes through the files and sees one on Hernan and Fully. She reads that they are suspected of trafficking of woman. She decides to make a copy, because she just might need it one day.

Estercita throws a temper tantrum. Hernan tells her to calm down. She is no longer the child that had everything go wrong. She is an intelligent woman and he is going to help her keep DamFine. We have to wait for a good time for you to show up again. What if he doesn't want to stay with me asks Estecita. Hernan assures her that won't happen. She finally remembers the night she slept with DamFine, their wedding and the fight she had with Marina in the town square. She also remembers who Hernan is.

DamFine tells Marina that he doesn't think that she should be paying for the fish that he gave away. Marina defends Hernan (why?) and says that he is only trying to protect the pacadora. Of course, Hernan strolls up to them with Ursula in this arms. DamFine is surprised to see Ursula with Hernan. Ursula says that she and Hernan are getting to know each other and that so far things are good.

At Ernesto's funeral, he is being laid to rest. (what's with the arm guards?) Hernan is surprised to see Fully there. Why asks Fully. You were very lucky not being there when everything went down. Hernan says it just wasn't his time to die. Now it's time to decide who's in charge of the organization. Fully says the sooner the better.

Delfina is looking through Fully's desk and finds a picture of Mercedes. She wonders what it's doing in his desk and recalls his words. He said that he has only loved one woman and through it all, he still loves her. Delfina gets mad. She blames Mercedes. (it's always the woman that gets blamed. Never the man). She shows Ursula the picture. This is why your uncle never loved me. Because of Mercedes! She wants Fully to come home so that she can rip it up in his face. Ursula tells her to put the picture back and pretend nothing happened. Delfina says she can't. How can she forget the woman that Fully loves? Ursula reminds her that Mercedes doesn't love him. She remembers them talking once, but didn't think anything of it. Why didn't you tell me yells Delfina. Because I can tell that Mercedes despises my uncle. She doesn't present a problem for you. Believe me.

Mags runs into Muneca. Muneca taunts Mags. She dares Mags to take a drink.

The wedding has begun! DamFineInASuit walks in and Marina after. (I love her dress and headpiece). She is given away by Bea. DamHappy is happy that they are going to start their lives together. Madrina is there watching in a beautiful white light.

A black SUV pulls up. I wonder who that is?

Muneca keeps taunting Mags and she caves in. She takes a drink. All that hard work down the drain.

DamHappy and Marina are staring at each other lovingly. Someone in yellow starts walking to the church. Padre starts the wedding ceremony. Someone in yellow starts walking up the aisle. When Padre asks if anyone is opposed to the union of DamHappy and Marina, a woman yells out “I do”! The whole church looks at this woman and Padre asks who she is? She takes off her hat and says I'm Estercita Salazar. And I am not going to let that woman marry my husband. Delfina is in shock. She calls out for her daughter then passes out.

Toribio comes up to Fully, who is playing a game of dominoes, and tells him to come quickly to the church. Fully thinks he's pestering, but Toribio says Estercita is at the church. Fully goes running off.

Bet you didn't expect me asks Estercita. Olinto says the dead has come back. Fully comes up the aisle and sees his daughter. He can't believe it. He tries to hug her but she tells him not to touch her. He slaps her and walks out amongst the shocked church guests. Mercedes realizes that Estercita is Fully's daughter. Marina just keeps saying “It can't be, it can't be”. DamShocked calls out Estercita's name. Yes, it's me replies Estercita. I am alive, but no thanks to my husband. DamShocked asks the million dollar question “Where have you been this whole time? We thought you were dead.” Estercita says you left me in the middle of the ocean to die. I lost my memory and didn't know who I was. The only thing I had in my mind was you, even though I didn't know who you were. I just know that I was yours and came back to reclaim you. You can't marry Marina because you are still my husband. DamPissed asks Estercita not to create a scandal (Too late sweetcheeks. Your dead wife has just returned on the day you were going to marry another. Let the chismes begin). Marina says Estercita planned all this. Estercita tells Marina to butt out. She is here to reclaim her husband. You two can never marry. Ever! Marina runs out of the church. DamDistressed tries to go after her, but Estercita detains him. Let her go, because I am your only wife. DamPissed tells her to let him go and follows Marina out of the church. Hernan the whole time this is going on, is looking smug. DamDistressed tries to talk with Marina. He thinks there is a solution. Marina says there is no solution! Just go talk to Estercita. She runs off, he tries to follow. Estercita comes up and grabs him. We have to talk! He tells her if you want to talk to me then wait or calm down. He goes up to the car that Marina is in and asks her what she's doing. Leaving my man. The car drives off and Estercita is looking quite smug. She goes up to DamHurt and tells him it's time to talk. Mercedes interrupts and tells DamFab that she has to tell him something. He tells Mercedes he will look for her later and tells Estercita it's time to talk and walks off. She goes to follow but Mercedes stops her and tells her that she hopes she tells DamFab that she married another. Estercita says he's dead and I doubt that Ernesto will come back from the dead and protest.

Estercita confronts DamFab. She tells him that now that she's back, he must return to her and forget Marina. He informs her that the Padre dissolved their marriage and that makes her no longer his wife. Remember, we never consummated our marriage. Estercita reminds him that they are still married through the civil service they had. Now they can resume their relationship as man and wife. DamPissed tells her that accident must have caused more damage to her brain then what she already had. Must I remind you that we will never be together? My heart belongs to Marina and she will be the one I will only want to be with. Again, where have you been all this time? It doesn't matter replies Estercita. I'm here now. DamAnnoyed asks her why she did this to them? Why show up on the day of their wedding? To wait until now and create a scandal? You never cared about me yells Estercita. For her you arrived on time for the wedding. You made me wait for you at ours! Stop yells DamPissed. Tell me where you have been all this time. I am not in the mood to here your stupidity or stories. I'm alive yells Estercita. And I am glad, but that doesn't change anything replies DamPissed. You abandoned me in the middle of the ocean and that changes things replies Estercita. Do you really think that it would change anything asks DamPissed. You are the same as your dad. That story is old. Because of that, your father put me in prison until my innocence was proven. So there is nothing that will keep me at your side.

Ursula walks out of the church with Hernan. She wonders where her cousin was this whole time? It's obvious that she was with a man that had money. Hernan tells her to ask Estercita. Ursula thinks it's strange that she would show up on the day of the wedding. Hernan says life is full of coincidences. I'm going to find out what's going on. He asks her to wait for him. Ursula waits for no man.

Estercita says I didn't return before because I lost my memory. For days after, I was unconscious and to the point of death. Then tell me how you got saved. Tell me what happened asks DamAnnoyed. She tells him many things happened. I will tell you now that I suffered a lot, but I knew I would return and reclaim my life. DamFab is sorry that she suffered, but one thing she cannot reclaim are things that were never hers to begin with. And that would be me. I was sincere and honest with you. I told you I didn't love you. Did you just come back to take away my happiness? Because I can assure you that you will fail. We are going to get divorced as planned. After that has happened, I will tie myself to the woman I love. Marina Rebelde. He walks off and Estercita says she will not allow that to happened. She will not take away what's mine.

DamFab wants to see Marina. Bea thinks it's not a good time right now. You don't know what she's going through. But I do replies DamDistressed. I'm feeling it too. You know how much I love your daughter. You also know I love her more then anything else. That is why I want to talk to her. Hernan strolls in and asks if he heard what Bea said? Marina doesn't want to talk to you. The boys have a staring contest.

Delfina is so happy to see her daughter. She kisses her all over. Estercita is not so moved. Madrina Eusebia always told me you were alive and I held out hope. If that were true, you and my dad would have come to find me. That's not true says Delfina. After the explosion, your father went out and looked everywhere for you. Where were you? Why didn't you return sooner? Because I lost my memory replies Estercita. God abandoned me in the ocean and then put me in the arms of... Of who asks Delfina. Tell me what happened while you were missing. Did someone hurt you? Please tell me so that your dad.... My dad what asks Estercita. My dad never cared for me.

DamPissed tells Hernan that no one will keep him from seeing his woman. Hernan reminds DamPissed that she is not his woman. There was no wedding. Bea tells the boys to calm down. This is not the time for that. She finally gives DamFab permission to go see Marina.

Marina is crying on her bed. DamFab goes to her and asks her to stop crying. I don't like seeing you this way. Marina says her heart hurts. I know replies DamFab. I feel the exact same way you do. She waited until today to present herself. We can't allow her to separate us. You know that I don't love her. Have never loved her.

Fully goes in to see Estercita. Your mother told me everything and I want you to tell me what happened. Where were you? Why do you come dressed this way? Do you really want to know asks Estercita. Quit playing games replies Fully. Okay, I will tell you says Estercita. If you tell me about your business that you have been keeping in secret all these years. Fully tells her he doesn't understand what she is talking about. We are not talking about me. Well, coincidentally, where I was had to do with your dirty business replies Estercita. All this time I was away from here with no memory, I got married. With who asks Fully. He's dead replies Estercita. The guy I married, you happen to know him. What are you talking about asks Fully. That I am the wife of your boss. The late Ernesto Contreras.

Hernan tells Bea that he will leave. He doesn't want to cause any more problems. Bea says before you go, I want to talk to you. I know that you found out that Marina is not my daughter and I ask you not to say anything. No one should know the truth.

Fully is shocked. He tells Estercita that he and her mom tried looking all over for her. I could I have known... Estercita says she was brought to Ernesto thanks to his right hand man. She was sold to him by some employees of his. The same fate as those women that you also sell.

DamFab says she's here to break us up. But I am going to dissolve anything that still exists between myself and Estercita. You are my woman. I don't care if the Padre could not give us his blessings or that Estercita has returned. Nothing will separate me from you. My love, I want you to be assured. I will not permit Estercita to cause us any damage.

Hernan promises Bea that he will not tell Marina. Bea thanks him. He is always a gentlemen. They owe him so much. They hug and he tells her she can always count on him. (ick. If you only knew how crazily obsessed he was, you won't be hugging him. More like creeped out)

Mags is drunk on the streets with her scummy friends. Muneca suggests running off to the city so that her mother will never find her again.

Mercedes and Bea talk. Bea thinks that Mercedes should not tell Marina right now. She's in enough pain as it is. Mercedes agrees. She tells Bea that she met Estercita in a restaurant with Ernesto Contreras, pregnant. Do you know who the father is asks Bea. No, but Ernest presented her to me as his wife. When was that asks Bea. (my recording paused and so I missed what was said. Bad weather here. So the rest of the recap is what I could get. Fill in if I missed anything).

Fully says the past no longer matters. I assume that you get to stay with his fortune? Estercita can't believe her ears. That's all you care about replies Estercita. Money. You have no idea how much I despise you. Why don't you pretend that I am still dead? Because I don't recognize you as my dad.

Alicia calls Mercedes to tell her that Mags has left the house.

Estercita gets ugly with Ursula. Ursula tells her that she is not an enemy. She will help her reclaim DamFab.

DamFab tells Marina not to suffer anymore. We are going to be together forever. (lost video). She tells DamFab that she needs to be alone for awhile to think.

Manana: Estercita yells out that she was pregnant with his son and Marina comes up on this.

Labels:


Comments:
Gloria:

Fabulous, fabulous recap! Thanks so much for the details and you really missed nothing!

Ay yi yi, Ester shows up again! I am glad DamDistressed told her the Padre annulled their Church wedding, but with the previews, ay, yi, yi! I did like how she stood up to Fully and told him off and about her "marriage" to the Perv.

That funeral for the Perv was weird! I too wondered about the armed men, but there were so many Mafia guys there, they probably needed to keep the peace. I bet now there will be a power struggle between Fully and Herny, I can see it coming. May they both take each other out.

I really think this little plan of Herny's is going to backfire in some way. He thinks he knows it all, I bet he didn't know that the Padre had gotten the annulment for DamDistressed. And of course Herny showing up at Marina's as soon as the boda interruptus happened. Bea should have some tingling there and Marina, as much as she knows about Herny, wouldn't have seen him.

I had to laugh at Ursully with the cellphone recording Fully saying his combo to the safe aloud. You are right Gloria, no one does that except for TNs or movies, lol. Ursully will be a force to be reckoned with! Ursully and Herny would make a great couple. Only out for themselves and the heck with who they damage.

Poor Delfina! The poor woman has had to put up with so much abuse, but Ursully was right about what she said to Delfina about Mercy. Mercy does hate Fully.

Mags drinking, can't be good. I hope Mercy finds her soon.

Don't like the avances at all. One more lie!





 

Good morning Gloria, and thank you for the stupendous recap. Is it just me or was the editing out of scenes not too terribly bad tonight? Annoying yes, but not nearly as hacked up feeling.

Bummer that Mercy got a case of telenovela can't-spill-the-beans-itis. Why didn't she blurt out to DamAnnoyed that Ester was married? Hmmmm? Why??? That would help shut Ester up a little.

Estercita seems to have forgotten she's got a baby out there somewhere. Her lack of concern about her baby is pretty weird. Maybe the bebe is better off with Macario after all. (just kidding)

Hey, who knew they had a Kinkos in R-Lay-Dee?

Alicia, about that annual raise...

Nope, I don't like the avances either. Darn!

Thanks again Gloria. Your comments during the recap are always fun and make me chuckle. Sorry you had bad weather but your recap didn't miss a beat.
 

Thank you, Gloria, for another great recap.

YIKES..she's baaaccckkk. The return of EsterPester. Goodbye Hada. Her walk down the aisle in the gold high heels and that black veiled hat was odd.

I enjoyed Ursullied and Herny's coordinated wedding

attire...bright coral..how cheerful.

Marina looked beautiful. X has such lovely delicate features. I am sorry to see scary Mag off the wagon. And so it goes.....

Yawn...off to babysit.

 

Great recap, Gloria!
Loved, "who in the world says stuff like this out loud?'
and ITA, "If you only knew how crazily obsessed he was, you won't be hugging him. More like creeped out" I was actually yelling at the TV at Bea, and my hubby came to see what the matter was.

When did Ernesto actually die? Did they cut that out, too? Ester was sitting by the grave in the distance when Fully came to the burial; why didn't he see her?
Hope the writers didn't also forget Ester has a baby.
And why was Mercedes doubtful who was the father? If she saw Ester great with child and it was 6 months before, Damian can't be the father?

Marina looked like a goddess at the wedding.
 

Gloria: Loved the title. Excellent summary and "A black SUV pulls up. I wonder who that is?", "Ursula waits for no man" and "it's always the woman that gets blamed. Never the man)" were among my favorites.

This is one of the all time best lines: "(Too late sweetcheeks. Your dead wife has just returned on the day you were going to marry another. Let the chismes begin)". Perfection.

Agree with you, Susanlynn and Emarie, Marina looked like a vision last night. Her hair, headpiece and veil showcased her great beauty. What a beautiful couple - what a travesty of a wedding.

When I saw the vision of Eusebia, I started crying - don't know why but that was a very emotional moment.

I thought Bea also looked beautiful last night. When Hernan showed up at the house (yet again) Bea should have told him to get lost. Pronto. But to abide yet another intrusion and to welcome that snake again and worse, confide in him was almost too much.

Madelaine, I was glad that Ester did tell Fully off but was sad to see she was so cold to Delfina. Ursula's spying has paid off - she now has a lot of ammunition but she will have to be wily and crafty in how and when she uses such knowledge. We know what has happened to others who have betrayed Fully.

Sylvia, I don't know why Mercedes didn't go running to Dam and Marina about Ester's marriage and child. Although, I'm still confused on the time line, is there a possibility that the baby could be Dam's?

Emarie, I don't think Ernesto is dead - thought he was spirited away after being shot in the leg (?) But, I am not certain.

Poor Magdalena. I wish she would allow a tiny chink in her emotional armor and let someone in to give her the love and support she so desperately needs.

I guess it's too soon for Marina to simply go off and be with Dam. We'll likely have to suffer through many more months of angst for that to happen.

Thanks again Gloria! This was detailed and spectacular.

Diana
 

Diana...yes! Ernasto can't be dead. He is the main big bad and has to be hanging around until the bitter end so that he can have a really bad end .

Poor damaged Mag. Is she doomed due to her horrid past life ? I wonder how many addicts can completely give up drugs and alcohol.
 

Thanks so much, Gloria! Terrific job!

This may have been the campiest episode so far...

-Those chubby little ankles making their determined way down the aisle

-The pouffy black veil and its dramatic lifting to reveal the foxy (as in literally vulpine) face of Esthercita

-Ursula, armed with the same cellphone she used to defeat the now completely forgotten May-coo-coo, gathers evidence to be used against Hernan and Uncle Fulge. Do we think she'll live long enough? Do we care?

Diana and Susanlynn:
Wow! You think Ernesto isn't really dead? I wondered about that too. The problem is that with all the ruthless cutting going on, as we can do is take a shot in the dark about this. [I know. groan.]

Even so, when it comes to baddies, I say: SHOW ME THE BODY!

I agree with everyone that Marina looked DamFabulous. I wonder if the dress she wears at her eventual REAL wedding will be able to compare with last night's.

So DamGroom has been weddingcake-ready twice now. I guess the third time will be the charm.
 

What a wonderful recap, Gloria. Well done.

Mariana looked great, but I also thought that Estercita looked quite stunning as well. Her dress was daring to say the least. Amazing that it hasn't occurred to anyone to link her sudden appearance to Hernán.

I'm not believing for a second that Ernesto, but I'm puzzled that the Feds weren't swarming all over that burial.

Carlos
 

Thank you Gloria for the recap. You covered all the bases and I liked the anticipation you built with the yellow dress.

"DamPissed tells her that accident must have caused more damage to her brain then what she already had."

DamBully, that was cringeworthy and not cool. She has your balls but why would you mock a floozy who outfitted herself with a black widow veil for a dramatic church entrance? Her outfit already screams Stupida. No need to spell it out.

Ester's resumed tantrums are a diagnostic sign of full recovery. It's interesting how quickly Ursullis filled the frenemy's place, previously occupied by Maycucu. Ester's return destroyed Ursie's inheritance dreams. She is going to blackmail, plan B! Maycucu's ghost flails her arms and weeps. Thinks twice about blackmailing Fully.

Is Ester's cute baby Ernie's or Dam's?!!!
 

NovelaMaven: "...to reveal the foxy (as in literally vulpine) face of Esthercita". Oooh, wonderful!

Yes, I think Ernesto is alive and will re-emerge in order to repay Hada for her "treachery" and to reclaim his nefarious title and position.

Diana

 

Gloria - thanks for the wonderful recap of a not-so episode. ugh.


Susanlynn - I too think XN has beautiful delicate features; esp love her nose and lips. By chance I watched Miss Universe 2010, and she was my pick.


NovelaMaven - I didn't dare say anything about PEster's ankles/legs, but I've always thought they were chunky.



 

Diana, I don't think they cut any scenes with Ernesto's fate. We did not see him die and, as far as I know, nobody has seen the body. As you rightly fear, in telenovelalandia this is highly suspicious. As NM says, and others too, SHOW ME!

ITA that Bea looked smashing. Loved her upsweep 'do.

Regarding the bebe, clues have been dropped that the poor little tyke could be DamDaddy's. I believe when he was born the doc said something to Ernesto about mom and baby being healthy and normal even though bebe was born early. The writers have been very ambiguous about it...SO FAR.
 

Gloria - Great recap. You have a fab way of dishing the details.

Damian handled the situation well, firm and no-nonsense with Estercita's estupideces but also letting her know he was glad she was alive.

Estercita was great skewering her dad [I didn't realize she knew he was in biz with Ernesto – another edit job?], but her righteous anger rings hollow since she's got a newborn out there somewhere that she's not lifting a finger to find.

I vote Ernesto is alive and that the baby is his.
 

HadaEster was sooo big at the end of her pregnancy. I can't buy that baby not being full term. I have a friend who is almost 6 feet tall who carried both of her sons 10 months , and she wasn't as enormous as HadaEster . I am betting that the poor little guy is DamPotent's and that he will eventually be found and raised by Damgooddaddy and Marina when the tn ends. I think that Marcario has him somewhere safe, so that baby is probably better off than he would be with PesterEster who seems to have forgotten that she just gave birth to a son. Awful person.

I think that X is the prettiest telenovela leading lady I've ever seen , and her acting seems to keep improving. She certainly has Magda's sullen, surly, bitter look down. I hope that Magda's can be saved! but I am doubtful.

I was happy to see Eusebia's attending the wedding! but why couldn't her spirit trip Ester and propel her out the door ??? Can't ghosts do that ??? I thought that Eusebia's had some powerful jujju that would survive and continue after her demise.
 

Does this mean the annulment is annulled?
I think Ernesto is alive, didn't he just get shot in the leg? I think the bebe is Dam's & Dam & Marina will raise it.
 

Wonderful recap, Gloria! Thank you so much.

The episode flowed nicely and was not as choppy as it was last Thursday and Friday.

No scene was cut with Esthercita finding out about Fully's involvement with Ernie. I suppose she found out when she saw Fully attending Ernie's funeral. Someone noted that she was there. I also wondered about the armed guards and chuckled when I saw them.

Alicia is useless. Has she ever done anything right? I can only remember that she succeeded in holding down Magda so Mercedes could sedate her. Of course Alicia had the help of the chauffeur that time so it doesn't count.

It was funny how Fully was out playing dominos while the wedding was taking place. I never thought I'd seen him doing something so normal and non-evil.

The wedding had everything. A gorgeous bride and a handsome groom. A church full of guests. Madrina's ghost making a beautiful appearance. Then dun dun dun the PesterWife returns and makes a big entrance. It was a nice touch how she wore a black veil that covered her face before she was took it off and revealed who she was.
 

Wow...what an episode and you really did it justice, Gloria...building the suspense just as the story did, with the mysterious yellow dress coming down the aisle.

I have not seen this yet, but I saw it through your eyes and it was riveting.

NovelaMaven...thanks for pointing out what we've all been thinking. Chubby ankles and knees. But what a lovely figure and face. Too bad she's such a bitch. Redemption in the future? Hard to tell. Ditto for Magdalena.

Looking forward to watching this later. Fabulous recap, Gloria. You are a storyteller!
 

Susanlynn - ITA .. "X is the prettiest telenovela leading lady I've ever seen." she's a natural beauty, at least to me. A lot of the others seem to have had work done.
 

Gloria:

You did such a great job with this. I was tickled by Ursula the Spy. I do not know what she is going to do with that info, but using it could get her killed.

I am with Emarie: I missed Ernie actually dying. Do we know that he is dead or is he faking it? I don't believe it.

Where is the bebe? And just who is the father of little Ernie?

You did a great job on this episode. Thank you so much.

EJ


 

I would put Silvia Navarro up there with most beautiful; charisma counts too.

Mauricio, good point about Fully being at the funeral. And if so didn't he recognize Ester? Unless she was wearing a veil. I can't remember.

Susanlynn, I was totally yelling at Madre E, "Bat that bitch out to left field with your ghost stick!!!" Alas, Eusebia wasn't up at bat.

Was I imagining it or did Ester seem to have just a little trouble getting her veil-hat off her head? It looked it got caught in her hair momentarily, then the scene cut to a closeup of her removing it.
 

My favorite character this episode was good ol' Fully:

Enjoying a game of dominoes;

Running to the church and slapping Ester in front of everyone when she rebuffed him (for some reason, that was funny to me); and

Finding out his daughter was a victim of his own nefarious activities and reacting with a mental shoulder shrug and, "So what? I didn't know that happened to you, BUT, you inherited all his fortune, right?" Hilarious!

With Ernesto supposedly being such a powerful Don, it would make sense that he "owns" a few newspapers and would think nothing of faking his death, both to sidetrack the feds and to catch up with his betrayers (Hada and Hernan included).

Alicia ... ay, Alicia.
 

Sylvia..I guess those fancy hats are tricky to remove. When I saw PesterEster wearing that wonder , I thought of all the intricate little hats the ladies wore to the royal wedding. I don't wear hats..not even in the winter. All my winter coats have hoods. I think that the last time I wore anything on my head was the thing that held my veil on my head at my wedding.
 

Carlos: I just read that our beloved Verónica Jaspeado will be in Lo Que La Vida Me Robo! Not sure if you knew but I can't wait to see "Ximena" again! She will always be Ximena to me...

Diana
 

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed it. Having a hard time writing it up last night with the bad weather and the hubby constantly asking me every 30 seconds, what's going on and wanting the backstory. I finally had to send him to bed.
 

Diana, I just looked to see who else is in it. Sergio Goyri, Sergio Sendel, and Eric del Castillo and it's produced by the same lady who produced Gancho.

I'm in, sight unseen, if only to see our beloved Ximena again.

Carlos
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Gloria, what a fabulous job!! I was behind since Thursday and I finally caught up, so thank you to EJ and Madelaine for your recaps.
So the Pest is back? Eck!!!
I'm in the camp with Ernesto not being dead and that he will reappear at some time. I'm still counting on my fingers and toes as to the paternity of Pester's baby. It could be either of them, I'm leaning more towards- eww Ernesto.
I'm surprised that Fully didn't see Ester at the funeral or that Mercedes didn't make it clear that Ester was married before with child.
Novela Maven- I too hope that the third time is a charm for DamLuscious.
 

If Estercita had been pregnant at the time of the explosion, the pregnancy was at a very vulnerable time and would have been extremely stressed by subsequent events... I'm not saying that the pregnancy could not have survived all that but if she were pregnant at that time the stage was certainly set for a miscarriage.

I'm guessing that the child is Ernesto's.

Carlos
 

Who is the father of Pester's baby?

I vote for DamStudly:

As Susanlynn pointed out, Pester was about 17 months pregnant when she went into labor.

Also -- I was always bothered by Ernesto's failure to demand proof that he had fathered the child. This was completely out of character for him. I would have expected him to have Macario perform the testing himself, if necessary, and report back. But if Hada had been shown to have a bun already cooking in her EasyBake oven when Ernesto bought her, he would have reacted, er, unpleasantly, and the plot would have been sidetracked.

[Maybe in the end, Delfina will get to be a hands-on abuela and a mom to DamSweetlyFilial.]
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria. Excellent job! All you guys are awesome story tellers.

I too thought that X looked beautiful in her wedding gown, as well as DamFab, and tia Becky.

I felt bad for DamFab when Marina would not roll down the window of the car to talk to him. He had to be as surprised as she was that Estercita was alive. But in novelaland, it's too early for them to have their happy ending.

I don't think that Ernesto is dead because we did not see a body, and it was just too easy for him to die that way. He'll be back for sure, if only to claim his son, and that is probably when we will find out the paternity of the bebe.

I was yelling at the TV when Herny just strolled into Bea's house. What the hell was he doing there! I wanted to go into the TV and kick him out my self. I Bea and Marina are too nice to him.

I wish I could write more, but I have to go back to work... Thanks again Gloria!
 

Thanks, Gloria! So much confusion in that epi and you cleared it right up.

Loved how thing Fully's and Hernans files were. Really, Federales? One sheet? Half page? My son's English papers are longer.

Also agree that Ximena is the most gorgeous TN actress. I've said it before but she has the whole Audrey Hepburn vibe going. She looks good in everything she wears.

It made me so mad when Hernan said he'd take money out of both their paychecks. He acts like he's Marinas boss. And she lets him.

Aunty Ann, I too was horrified when Hernan, the stalker, walked into Marina's house with his "Did you hear the lady?" He is odious.

Lastly, whether the baby is or isn't Dam's, I think we all know Dam's gonna' think the baby is his and stay with The Pest for the baby. Ugh.

Thanks again, Gloria!

Katy
 

Loved your recap, Gloria.

Everyone was admiring the bride, Bea, even Estercita, but Damian's hair was kind of messy, don't you think? Even his suit was rather wrinkled. Of course, he does have good looks. But he could have been neater looking. It was his wedding day.

Ann-NYC



 

Fabulous and entertaining recap, Gloria!
Many thanks to all you brilliant recappers!

I'm thinking Ernesto is alive. He was shot in the leg, and that's all I remember besides him being ushered off by his goons.

Hmm...Ester's baby could be either, but I'm going with Ernesto. Why? Because they'll drag out how everyone will think it's Damian's, lots of grief all around, and then at the end of it all, they'll do a dna and it's Ernesto's.

Love that Ester's back. Glad she told her daddy what she thinks of him.

I think Marina/Magda...pretty good acting job, getting better all the time. She is gorgeous, and loved the wedding dress.

Sylvia, I thought Ester's hat got a bit stuck. I really thought she'd yank and throw it somewhere, keeping in character, of course.

Hernan, Hernan, Hernan...El Rey de Smugness (what's that in Spanish? presumido?" Well, too bad because he's eye candy if you can get past his character. Que lastima.




 

Thanks for a wonderful recap, Gloria!

Late to comment, but have to say I'm damdisappointed in Marina. She's supposed to be a strong willed independent working woman with experience in a man's world. She let's Herny call all the shots and doesn't protest his work demands. When he shows up to attack Damgood and the crew, she should say I'm calling the shots here.

Aside from work, she falls apart at the slightest provocation or dilemma. She swears to fight for their love and then doubts its very existence at every bump in the road. She's definitely not hold up her end, while adding to their problems.

Marea Primavera
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder