Friday, December 20, 2013

Corazon Indomable, # 159, Thur. 12-19-13. Move Along Folks, Nothing to See Here, Just a Minor Scrape or Two.

    Gentle Readers, I take pen  keyboard in hand to bid you farewell.  This ends the only May-December romance in my life. I fell in love with the concept and cast of CI last May and offered to recap when CarayCaray was in dire need of CI staff.  I trembled on the brink of my first attempt at this noble art. I continued to tremble as each Thursday rolled around and my family learned to leave me, the TV, and the computer strictly alone. I fear disenchantment set in once MariCruz achieved her venganza and CI hit the skids. Now we’re in December, at the end of a relationship gone sour. I loved MC and her journey; I only regret the writing/producing team had their own little venganza with us viewers. MariCruz was a bright and courageous spirit who deserved better from her creators. I gave her what I could.

    Just a note to Gringo, flag bearer for the CI defenders. To me, a recapper’s duty is to provide a summary of the episode plus any extra entertainment that occurs to a creative mind. This added “wit” may not suit everyone, since tastes vary. I remember other TNs that fell apart and were sideswiped or even trashed in the commentary. One example was Corazon Salvaje 2009, which was “savagely” criticized in comparison to the 1993 version. I hadn’t seen the earlier version, so I happily followed the newer one when it moved to a midnight time slot. In contrast, I dropped out of regularly watching other TNs, such as La Fuerza del Destino, Abismo de Pasion, and even Que Bonito Amor. I’m very grateful to all CarayCaray recappers and commenters for sharing an array of opinions.

    This episode follows MariCruz and Octavio on their separate journeys: Tav with Doris, MC with Alvaro’s family. Many short scenes have been combined so the channel isn’t constantly flipping back and forth.

How Were We to Know?

    When life on the ranchos took a strange turn, Alvaro appeared as a suitor for MC and Natasha appeared as a general romantic interest and troublemaker. We thought they were a passing fancy, but little did we know they would be with us to the end. Alvaro’s teenage daughter and MC end up damaged by the same egotistical artist, while Natasha plays a role in freeing MC from the “peace” of her prison cell. I don’t know why this was necessary, unless we’re unwitting dupes helping to promote Goyri’s new banda release. Or, maybe he just wants to be a nice guy for a change.


The Fabulous Dimples Take on a Sullen Teen
    MC needs work to support herself, Lupita and Juanita. Alvaro needs someone to rehab his teenage daughter, Elsa. She’s rebellious, angry, in pain and in despair over losing her suitor, Alfonso del Olmo, to her father’s restrictions. It’s a perfect match. MC knows sorrow and pain, yet she’s perky and compassionate. Besides, Aunt Magdalena and Elsa have worn each other out, so a respite caretaker is in order. 

    Elsa is wary of her new buddy, but she sees the same sorrow in MC’ eyes and her eyes.  After various exchanges of light yet heartfelt conversation the two are simpatico. Elsa is sure Alfonso will return and they will overcome the imprisonment imposed by her cruel father. (I guess Dad never played the tuba for her.)

    MC hears details of kisses and caresses in the hangout studio of Alfonso. She’s angry that Alf was such a bastard to toy with a young girl’s feelings. MC knew he was bad, but not this bad. How will she tell Elsa Alf is dead and got that way for being a no-good, rotten bastard! Elsa wonders if MC has a boyfriend—no, she’s divorced. (Way worse than no boyfriend, I guess. Had a guy and let him get away.) MC reports to Alvaro that she knows Elsa’s snaky seducer is famous artist/playboy Alfonso.

    Artist Liz, semi-friend of Elsa and wannabe squeeze of Alvaro is angry about MC being in “her” man’s house. She speeds in her red sports car and narrows her eyes in displeasure. Yet another beyotch who always demands her own way. (So many in this TN, it’s hard to keep them straight.)

A More Determined Tav Faces a More Determined Doris

    Tav and Ed meet for coffee between flights. Their conclusion: Doris never really loved Tav, just wanted to get back at MC. Tav won’t marry Doris. The she-devil herself greets him in his apartment with news of a fancy dinner reservation. He says they need to talk, telling her he’s not going to marry her, his decision is final, there’s no future for them. She only wanted to marry him on a whim.

    An angry Doris shouts she’s not done talking and he promised to marry her! Tav says sorry, he can’t keep his word. He loves only MC, not Doris. MC is the love of his life and he won’t give her up. (Online showed Doris pushing Tav, then slapping him. I didn’t see that in the broadcast, unless I blinked.)

    Doris is now crying, and says Tav doesn’t respect her. He asks if they could live like this, always arguing? (Good thinking, Tav!) Doris calls Tav worthless and he responds by saying she always humiliates people. The increasingly desperate Doris tells Tav he’s not thinking straight—he has two days to decide if he’ll marry her or not. (She’s showing a little wear and tear, methinks. Has she run through all the men on Golden Isle and no longer has any bonafide suitors?)

    Doris, who seems to be fraying around the emotional edges, again repeats her two-day ultimatum, throwing down a piece of jewelry at some point (ring? bracelet?). Tav says he doesn’t need the time, he’s made up his mind. Don’t waste your time with me, he suggests. There are many others who’d want you.  The furious (shutupDoris!) GovDau moves toward the door, with a vicious expression on her face. Two days! Your response had better be positive, or as my dad said, “you’ll remember me!”

Daddy and Daughter Have a Chat, Followed by a Chat with MC

    Alvaro sits with his daughter, only to hear “Don’t talk like I’m a kid! I’m a grown woman!” (Audience sighs in recognition of a familiar teen phrase.) Elsa wants to know who MC really is. Daddy says she’s a great woman from the place he was working, he’s in love with her and would marry her. (Yet another burst of the happy rancho tune testifies of love.) Elsa is not pleased with this—she doesn’t want a stepmother. It’s not fair that he can search for happiness when she can’t! (Whine, whine, whine. ShutUpElsa.) Now she thinks MC is just a phony who’s plotting to get her dad.

    MC thinks it’s a sad coincidence the same man caused problems for both her and Elsa. (I suppose, but few of us care at this point.) She loves Alvaro for helping her, but it’s a grateful kind of love. He moves closer, but she is quick to explain she quiero (cares) but she doesn’t amo (love) him. MC rushes to leave and a teary Alvaro hears only sad strings, no happy tuba.

    MC thinks of Tav—she still loves him and can’t betray that love. (Tav flashbacks here, I think. Can’t remember for sure . . . getting tired . . . very tired.) Aunt Magdalena explains to Elsa she needn’t worry about a stepmother, because MC loves her ex-husband and only thinks of Alvaro as a friend. (One more reprise of the banda tune hammers a sales pitch into our brains.)

Tav Begins a Quest and Miguelito Recaps
    After Tav sweeps Doris out of his life (maybe?) he vows to find MC and Lupita. He will focus on finding them, beginning with the school.  He picks up Miguelito, who recaps for him that Lupita isn’t back yet—she went on a trip. The search is only the beginning. Tav won’t give up until he finds them!

    Next step is Serafina’s inn. She’s happy to see Tav, remembers him as well as MariCruz, but hasn’t seen her in a long time. MC could be somewhere Tav would never think to look (umm, that’s helpful. Any concrete suggestions?) She’s sorry for his troubles and hopes they can all get back together.

MariCruz Helps Elsa with Her Quest
    The next morning, MC returns to Alvaro’s house. She barely slept and feels sorry for what happened. He knows he didn’t show enough respect and understands she loves him like a brother. They shake hands, MC leaves the room and Alvaro stands alone.

    Elsa sarcastically greet MC as her future stepmom and says that’s how she’ll call her from now on. They discuss good and bad stepmothers, then Elsa claims she’s in a bad mood. MC says she’s sassy and rude when her mood’s bad, so she’s leaving. Elsa begs MC to stay and help her get Alf to love her again. He’s afraid of her dad and won’t answer calls to his studio. MC emphasizes that Elsa’s underage and Alfonso was doing illegal things that caused her dad to come down on him. She’s not sure how to deal with the core issue of Alf’s death, but tells the girl she’ll see what she can do to help. It’ll be their secret! (C’mon MC. This is crazy stupid and unnecessary. Again, not that we care especially. Raise your own daughter, not another person’s!)

Previews  Several people appear intent on causing problems, such as Liz, Doris, and a random street thug. Gather with us for the last two episodes!

A Few Proposed Awards:
Tireless Caretaker Award—Juanita for endless babysitting and good advice.  Ester for putting up with JA. 
Self Pity Award—JA for whining and not realizing that guys in wheelchairs can still tyrannize their families and neighborhoods. Miguel for general self pity.
Fab Fashion—MariCruz and the ladies of Isla Dorada.
Bad Fashion—MariCruz for the inappropriate mullet skirts worn on the rancho.

   

       

Labels:


Comments:
La Paloma thank you so much for soldiering on as this tn spiraled out of control. I have enjoyed your work and hope you and our other recappers never have to see another tn waste such a great cast w/such poor writing. And ITA and enjoyed your awards.

The line Tav gave Doris about if they married they'd fight all the time makes me wonder if he thinks his relationship w/MC will be different? Since he only has one cell, I doubt it but it gave me a chuckle.

So the next two episodes will feature attack of the killer witches and a possible stabbing...




 

Before I continue reading, have we really been here since May? If that's so, OMG!
 

Can't wait till Elsa finds out it was MC that was trying to reform her bad boy Alfonso.
 

La Paloma, thanks for your final recap. I especially liked the rewards list. I also bailed on QBA but once I started this (I was late to the CI viewing party) I had to watch like the proverbial train wreck. CI will be "memorable " for many reasons but most of all for the fun Caray Caray experience.

Well, I would hope that Octavio has finally made it clear to Doris and himself that the only woman for him has been, is and will be Maricruz. Alvaro was just an @ss telling his daughter that Maricruz would be her stepmom. Why doesn't anyone believe what they are told by other characters? Magical thinking?

Down to 2 episodes. We can do this! Who will be at the wedding?

Jarifa
 

Paloma,
Thanks for all your hard work. I know it wasn't easy working with content like CI! But you did a great job.
Best,
Mary
 

I agree Alvaro is a manipulative old man and can hardly look at him nor listen to his drivel. The girl is 16 and her intended step mom what, 24 or 25? Alvaro is willing to damage the relationship with his daughter (when she finds out MC was Alfonso's muse willingly) for a woman young enough to be his daughter as well.
 

@La Paloma - OMG, I had no clue C.I. was your first foray into recapping. I always thought you were a seasoned recapper with lots of experience because every single one of your recaps was brilliant, down to this last one. Thanks for all the hard work.
 

Paloma, thank you for an excellent job. This tn has been like a cross that all recappers have had to carry on their (shaking in disbelief) shoulders. May-December indeed, and it wasn't exactly a heated affair... it had more shades of winter than summer in it.

I'm almost looking forward to the producer's next telenovela - La Gata- to see how they mess that one up. I will stay away from recapping, but I'll be sure to cheer on the poor souls who do.

Cathy, yeah, I can't believe it's been that long, either!

 

La Paloma:

Thanks so much for this last fab recap for CI and all your other recaps. I too thought you had recapped before, you have done a fabulous job!

I think Doris threw down a pearl necklace or bracelet when she was yelling at Tav. I also had to laugh when she kept going on about he has two days to decide, when he told her it is over, finished, go away! She is truly unhinged and I've noticed she is looking older and not as young and fresh as she was in the beginning of this TN. Doris needs to take her manipulating skanky self back to Isla Dorada and sail into the sunset.

I don't like what Alvaro is doing with his daughter at all. He needs to tell her the truth about Alfonso and be done with it. So much time has gone by already and she's sure to find out somehow. I wouldn't want to be Alonzo when that happens.

Liked seeing Serafina again, and I was surprised that MC, Juanita and Lupita never went there for lodging, but then again maybe MC was afraid that Tav would eventually find her there. I wonder how long this quest for MC will take?

Thanks once again La Paloma for all your splendid recaps, now put your feet up and enjoy!
 

Another delightful, professionally written recap la Paloma....and yes, you were clearly a writing pro from the very first.

"The Fabulous Dimples Take on a Sullen Teen"

Just one example of your always great headings.

And the Final Awards..delightful! I agreed with every one.

Hope this dismal experience has not dissuaded you from recapping another story. You write so well. It would be a shame to lose you.

And surely no telenovela on the horizon could possible be as bad as this one was. I've only been watching since 2005, I think, but I found this one to be shockingly bad. (sorry Gringo. Don't take it personally. I still agree with you that the actress playing Maricruz is a goddess. Sooo beautiful. And Octavio too, come to think of it.)
 

Oh, must add that I loved the title..."nothing to see here, folks, nothing to see"...I could just hear the aggrieved policeman shooing people away from the accident scene.
What a wreck this was!
 

Thanks for this wonderful recap, Paloma. Like the others, I thought that you were an old hand at this. Not only do I admire your recapping skills, I'm in awe of your endurance and patience.

"MariCruz was a bright and courageous spirit who deserved better from her creators. I gave her what I could."

Well said... you certainly speak for all of us.

Does it seem like we are coming up on the end of a TN? They certainly haven't bothered to save the best for last, have they?

I would have guessed that Elsa was suffering from some deadly terminal illness like leukemia or a brain tumor. Who knew that teen angst could be so devastating?

Sorry Madelaine but I can't resist...

"I wonder how long this quest for MC will take?"

My guess is the better part of 2 episodes.

Carlos
 

Carlos:

Yeah, I laughed at myself after I hit send! I just hope it doesn't take the whole two episodes for Tav to find her ; )
 

Thank you LaPaloma. Such a fun recap I woulda read even if I wasn't watching the show. I watched this on hulu+ starting in October til I caught up with you guys and it was indeed an enchanting tale. Venganza on the viewers - yep - why? I don't know. Does this thing hold some kind of record for the least contact between the stories two "lovers"? I hear your weariness and thus doubly-appreciate the humor. Thank you so much.

Lila
 

Eli said yesterday that CI was her first recap adventure and now today I/we hear the same thing from you La Paloma. It's hard to believe---such good writing. I would have bet that you two were old pros, not new comers. You guys rock the recap pages.

La Paloma---there is so much to rave about today. You wrote that Maricruz was a bright and courageous spirit who deserved better from her creators. I gave her what I could. I Loved it La Paloma, it was great.
A few more good lines were---Are we unwitting dupes helping to promote Goyri's new banda release?
---I guess dad never played the tuba for her. LOL She would have turned out better if he had.---The
she-devil herself greats him. Wow!
I never thought of she-devil but you are right on with that one.
La Paloma---I really laughed with your ShutUpElsa. That was hilarious. I never would have thought of that either. I guess that we have been blessed with two
ShutUp characters.---No happy tuba music, only sad strings. One last time La Paloma, you rock.

JudyB---I'm still thinking about your post from Thursday 12/. I totally agree with you that Ingrid Martz has played her part to obnoxious perfection.

Kelly---A holiday gift for Gringo brought a smile to my face. Even with the bad writing, there were many good and well played parts in this novela.

CathyX---Good post yesterday 12/19 at 9:41PM

So---It's two days for your response and it had better be positive, or as my dad said
"you'll remember me." I'm thinking is it, or could it be that Doris sends the guy with the knife to visit/attack Maricruz? That very well might be and would fit perfectly La Paloma's she-devil's moniker.

One last thing---The proposed awards were really great. I wasn't expecting those. I personally wouldn't go with the bad fashion award though.
the gringo
 

As a recent follower of TN's (to date always followed Thai Lakorns which have similar story lines and characters but don't have the benefit of a blog like this that provides recaps in english with comment and my Thai is nearly worthless) can anyone recommend a current TN to follow?
 

Dios mio, que horror!!!!
Today Maite Perroni confirmed, that she and Daniel wii be new protagonists for new Natalie's masterpiece "La gata". There is a rumor, that Natalie wants to make a trilogy with Daniel. Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! It's such a waste of a talant. He will be playing the same role of one-cell galan. I don't think, that Daniel is Lawrence Olivier, but he's not so bad. He doesn't deserve new novela with Natalie.
Aaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Alegria
 

Carlos---I must send kudos your way for your Wolf brand chili recommendation. Today is a cool winter [well almost] day after a rainy day yesterday, a good day for a bowl of chili for lunch. I bought some Wolf Brand Chili on line as I have never seen it here in LA. I bought the spicy version and even added a little cayenne pepper for good measure. I like things hot and spicy. Maybe that's where I get my sass from, spicy Mexican food or would you say--Tex-Mex? There are many great prize winning recipes out there but buying all of the needed ingredients is expensive plus the preparation time. Well a good can of chili is fine as well as fast. And so Carlos, thank you
I knew all along that you weren't so bad. Well you do like the bad girls. LOL
the gringo
 

Alegria, your news caused me to sit huddled in the corner, quietly weeping. No puede ser!
 

Alegria or La Paloma, who is Natalie?

Lila
 

Thanks La Paloma. I'm sort of glad that I got to recap this TN because it will live in Caray infamy as one of the worst, and I will remember it better because I was part of the recapping team.

Does Doris even have a bruise where her father hit her?

I too loved the 2 days offer for an answer for the marriage proposal and he told her he didn't want to marry her. I expected her to offer 3 days next. Ok, a week, but that's my final offer, lol.
 

Lila, my spelling will be off here, but Natalie is the producer of CI. Many of us think she really screwed over CI and is not a good prospect for another TN. Others can give you more details.
 

Alegria---Come on! Give it a chance, you haven't even seen it yet. Think positive. Maite Perroni
is yet another Mexican goddess and Daniel??? well, you ladies have already said-good looks and great hair. They will be perfect.
All that I can say is lucky Daniel
two goddesses in a row. OMG! how much luck can one guy have?

Tofie---Por Siempre Mi Amor at 8PM
on Univision is shaping up to be really good. Susana Gonzales and Guy Ecker, are a great match and this novela is only on episode 13---#14 starts tonight. It's not too late to catch up on Hulu or maybe Uni's website.
the gringo

 

Whoops, I didn't even attempt to spell her last name or her husband's name. He's also a producer, the infamous Mejia.
 

Lila, yes, she is a producer of this show. And I promised myself not to watch her novelas. NUNKA!!! JAMAS!!!
The main problems of her novelas is that main pair almost all novela are separated. We saw it here. But here i liked the cast and And Brenda most of all. I don't like maite at all. And I realy don't like that cast, that is confirmed for now. Ok, I like Daniel and Cesar, but the same roles otra vez?
"La gata" is almost the same story. Poor dirty girl and pretty rich guy. Lost father end venganza. Otra vez the same tune? No, basta!
Alegria
 

thanks gringo, I've caught a few bits of that one and can catch up with Univision
 

I have sworn off ever watching another Mejia production again, no matter who's in it. I will not waste my time again.


 

La Paloma- We were so lucky to have you on this team for your debut recapping gig. Well done, amiga!

I just caught the last half of last night's episode, but it seems that I didn't miss much, except the Doris rant. I did catch that cutie, Miguelito. :)

Two more episodes and three more hours to go!
 

Thanks La Paloma and Alegria. Hmmm. Maybe this person is working out some issues or breathing life into a fetish or something. I truly don't get a novela where the couple is separated during the whole thing. Problems, misunderstandings, rivals for affection, false murder charges, evil twins, bring them on but let the couple fight the baddies together with only a few minor separations. If I remember Pasion was like that. I don't think hubbie could put up with me spittin' and cussin' over another tv show and he can't even understand what's being said. Will stick with this and wait for Jaime Camil, my first telenovio. Thanks again! ;D

Lila
 

Lia, Jaime Camil was my first telenovio too. Then I graduated to Cristian de la Fuente.
 

Fun, isn't it?

;D Lila
 

Lila, I still love him, I haven't seen him since
Las Tontas, but I bet he'd become my novio again if I did see him again.
 

Tofie, and all who are looking for a new TN:

La Paloma has been joining us for viewing over at 'Lo Que La Vida Me Robo'. Great cast and the story, although time-worn, is well told so far.

Do join us if you are able. The more the merrier.

Hi to you, Gringo.

Elna June


 

Cathyx, yeah, you should check it out. LFMB was my first novela: was channel surfing and saw this gorgeous man totally overacting but I was transfixed by his beauty. I kinda watched Tontas but recently rewatched LFMB on Uvideos and watched PESE on hulu+. That was an amazing performance. I'm looking forward to him in this role though somehow the crazy cartoon color palette has me turned off already. Oh well, nothing's perfect.

Lila
 

Have to laugh at Tav going back to Serafina's place looking for MC. It makes total sense that she would go back to a familiar and safe place in D.F., where she has a friend who would look out for her. But, he obviously doesn't know MC. She NEVER stays in touch with her friends and gives them updates. She's never gone back to visit Serafina or called her since before her child was born. That's like 4 years ago now. The folks back in Tamaulipas only get news of her secondhand from other people. Juanita, who knew these people for way less time, is the one writing to Santa to give her updates on MC.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder