Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Que Pobres Tan Ricos #16-1/27/14: The Beatles Addition



Hola Amguis! Little bebe steps happening between the Menchacas and the Ruiz Palacios. Skipping the refried and getting right to the meat of this episode. Recap will not be in order for better flow of the recap. Shall we begin?


Come Together, Right Now, Over Granny:
Having made their Great Escape with Granny Mati, MA and Saul bring her to the Menchacas and MA asks if she can also stay with the Ruiz Palacio's here. At first Don Chuy is like what, que??? Another mouth to feed, por favor this isn't a hotel. Granny Mati however, seems to be Don Chuy's biggest fan. She remembers all his bouts as "Hijo de Sumatra" and reminces with Don Chuy about going to his bouts with her dearly departed hubby. Don Chuy is really liking Grandma Mati.


The Fool On The Hill:
That's Ahole on the hill, er office, sitting almost on top of his computer when Vilma comes in. She wants to know if he's come up with something for this money situation. He's trying to get in touch with Adolfo, who isn't answering his calls. Just then the phone rings and Ahole thinks it's Adolfo, but in fact it is Dinora, the nurse that Ahole paid to medicate Granny Mati. He eagerly asks Dinora is she dead yet? Thanks Paula!
She informs him of Granny's escape and how they have looked all over the home for her and can't seem to find her. Ahole tells her don't worry, he'll get his people on that. Ahole tells Vilma  he doesn't care if Granny wanders around out of her mind and destitute and Dinora better not be blackmailing him. He wants Dinora to be discrete, cause this will land squarely on her head y punto!



Hey Jude, Don't Make It Bad:
Granny Mati is talking about St Jude and then asks for the bathroom. They point her in the right direction and MA talks to Don Chuy about Granny's health. MA asks if Granny can also live there. Don Chuy is still having a hard time with this and MA tells Don Chuy he just wants to protect his Granny. Don Chuy asks if she is desvaria (delirious, confused). MA keeps denying it but eventually says she is. Don Chuy says so it's five Ruiz Palacious! What's one more. She's very welcome. MA is highly relieved.


Can't Buy Me Love:
Nepo has come to see Guendy about the chisme about MA. Guendy seems to like him, she even had him alone for a bit, and besides MA and Lupe are first cousins, not anything going to happen. Nepo wants to know all about the English/Spanish that MA speaks too. Nepo isn't buying it and is going over to see Lupe.


It's Been A Hard Day's Night:
The Ruiz Palacios are taking a meeting in the storage shed. AS is highly pithed that Granny is now with them. Leo echoes his Mama and isn't liking it. Frida thinks it's great that Granny is with them. MA is finally fed up with the bickering and actually tells them all what's on his mind. He tells Leo he needs to start being productive, as in stop sitting on his butt and work. He tells AS she isn't the Society Matron anymore and to deal with it. He's trying hard to convince Lupe to let them stay. MA tells them all to stop complaining about the food and each and everyone needs to be productive. AS and Leo both blame MA for this whole situation. MA gives them the stink eye. Granny has listened to everything. She asks MA what is really wrong. Well there is the small matter of Mini, getting married tomorrow, and the five year relationship with her that went down the drain. MA even punches a piece of furniture. Frida says she'll always be there for her big bro and she'll listen anytime he wants to talk. Granny tells MA to give his lil sis a hug, which they do.


Good Day Sunshine:
Lupe is picking up Emiliano from school and tells them the RPs will be staying a bit longer than she told him they are having money problems. Have a bit of patience and things will get back to normal. He agrees.


Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band:
Is what Ahole tries to impress on Isela and Mini. Isela is going on and on about the "wedding of the year" and how all the Whose Who will be there. Well, not so much for Ahole. See his Tia AS is far, far away and his Granny Mati has irreversable dementia and so he'll have no family at the wedding. Mini is playing with her ring and Ahole goes. Mini can't stand the RP's and Isela tells her to can it. Mini wonders if she'll be happy with Ahole and now Isela tells her to deal. It's financial stablity and so that's good. Mini takes her ring off and sulks.


Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Life Goes On:
The Menchacas all seem to like Granny Mati and are feeding her. She is enjoying the food so much, way better than any of the RPs. Now come the sleeping arrangements. Granny Mati, AS and Frida will share Don Chuy's former room. MA and Leo are still in the shed, and Leo complains and tries to take the tablecloth. JT (Jose Tizoc) grabs it back. MA and Lupe have a bit of a chat and MA thanks her so much for letting Granny stay.


Listen, Do You Want to Know a Secret?
Lupe is cleaning up the Fonda and MA comes with his copy of the magazine he snatched from Saul. At first Lupe thinks he took her copy but he sets her straight. MA talks about Mini marrying Ahole, he can't believe it, five years down the drain. Lupe starts washing dishes and Lupe tells MA about catching Mini and Ahole in the office, when she worked at the RP bidness and how she caught them kissing. She tells MA this must have gone on a long time. MA is just flabbergasted. Lupe tells him she's sorry this happened and he is going to go talk to Granny. Carmelita comes in and she has heard what happened. Carmelita tells Lupe despite what she thinks MA is really suffering over this more than Lupe thinks. Lupe now feels bad.


Rock and Roll Music, Well Not That, But Regional Music:
JT is trying to write some lyrics to a song when Perla comes in looking for that cream. JT says it broke him out and he thinks he's allergic to it and I think he tossed it. Perla is upset cause she got this cream from Guendy, it came from the States, and is very expensive. Perla goes out of the room, sees Frida and is huffy, while JT whistles and Frida whistles the same tune back. JT grins.


That Means A Lot:
Lupe has come to see MA at the shed. Leo is witching about the plastic wrap he has to use as a blanket and tells MA to not step on his "bed" on the way out. She wants a meeting with him Manana te parece (is that okay?) Thanks Paula!  It has to do with helping his family somewhat. He's okay with that. She goes.


Interlude:
Emiliano and Granny Mati are having a little chat. She thinks he has some RP traits. He doesn't have a Granny, how about Mati. Well Mati could sure adopt little Emiliano and so it's a deal!


Good Night:
AS, Mati, and Frida are all in Don Chuy's bedroom, fighting, er getting ready for bed. Granny doesn't want DaVinci on the bed. AS goes to her handy, dandy flask and takes a swig. Granny Mati thinks she needs to give that up and go to AA already. Seems AS has been doing this since her hubby Roberto died. Granny reminds her that Roberto, may he rest in piece, has been resting in piece lo, these many years. Mati loves that bed.


When I Find Myself In Times Of Trouble Mother Mary Comes To Me , Speaking Words of Wisdom:
Don Chuy goes to the Virgincita shrine he has in the house to say a prayer. This family is growing he says. He hopes to keep the house.

After Don Chuy goes, AS sneaks out to the shrine and prays to the Virginicita to please get her/them get out of the house, gracias!


He Was a Day Tripper:
Lupe is working on some numbers, Mati, Frida and MA are eating breakfast and Nepo comes in. Nepo starts to say something about the "cousins" but Lupe quickly cuts him off. Don Chuy doesn't like to talk about the family. Nepo will have a bit to eat too and Granny Mati brings him bread fresh from the kitchen. Nepo calls her Abuela and now Mati is a bit confused. Is this another grandson. Nepo invites her to sit down. Mati talks some more about Don Chuy's Lucha Libre days. Nepo wants to know how long they were in States? Lupe cuts him off once again, and I think they make a dinner date for the weekend. Lupe also reminds Nepo he's got to get to work, the market is open. He goes.


Money, That's What She Wants:
Mini is trying to decide which dress she should wear to the wedding. There are two after all. Isela just tells her to pick one. Isela also wants some moola, cause she can't go on the honeymoon after all, can she? Mini will make sure she gets a credit card or something and Isela feels like she's won the lottery.


We Interrupt This Recap For a Visit to Baja California:
Adolfo is chillaxing on a chaise when his phone rings. It's Ahole of course. Ahole is surprised he answered the phone, cause there is a bit of a problemo with the money. I think Adolfo tells him he needs to invest/divert the money. Adolfo will take care of it, and by the way where is Ahole going to honeymoon?


Hippy Dippy Shake:
Frida cleans the table of the dishes and JT also cleans. Mati also helps. Frida tells MA she will help him out by getting some sort of job. Later, in the VIP shed, that's what Leo is calling it, JT comes strolling in. Leo talks about the band being criminal or called criminal or it should be criminal, take your pick. He thinks JT is a loser. He goes. And now commences the whistle off with Frida and JT. It's pretty cool how they do that. They smile at each other. He has called her Hippy before.


We Can Work It Out:
Lupe and MA have their little meeting about the financial side of the deed. Lupe has been crunching some numbers and it seems the Menchacas are eight years in arrears. They basically owe the RPs 307,228 million de pesos and give or take 60 centavos. Is that right she asks? They have a nice long lovely stare. End of Epi!


Avances:

Boda of Mini and Ale

MA goes undercover to the Boda, is he seen?
Tune in Este Martes, and Marta, with her splendid recap will tell all. MUST SEE TV!


Labels:


Comments:
Good Morning Y'all:

I couldn't help all the Beatles song titles as sub titles here. If I got something wrong please comment. Enjoy the recap ; )
 

Loved the Beattles theme Mads. I missed the last two epis, and wasn't online this past weekend, so the addition of Mati was a nice surprise. Loved seeing her interact with her great grandson Emi. She even told him he looks like a RP.

MA might be hurt by what Min did to him, but his heart is already fixation on Lupe. Tizok and Frida also have already started a mating dance. :)
 

Thanks for your very creative recap. I loved the use of the Beatles song titles. You matched them perfectly to the action.

Wow! Mati a fan of the "Hijo de Sumatra". I loved the scene with both families around the table as Mati and don Chuy were reminiscing. I am really liking the Mati character and : how she yells out " El Hijo de Sumatra" like his intro in the ring; telling AS to go to AA; how she likes the food; how she saw the Ruiz Palacios in Emiliano's face.

Guadalupe is becoming much more understanding as was seen when she was explaining to Emiliano about how hard up the Ruiz Palacios were and how he should be nice to them.

Another cute scene was don Chuy praying to be able to stay in the house and then seconds later AS praying to be able get out of the house.

Then there was MA ending the episode with his goofy grin.

Lots of fun in this one.

Jarifa
 

Completely brilliant recap, Mads!

While Friday's episode was meh (for me) this one made up for it. I loved Mati asking "what? You've never seen an old lady eat before?" And MAs mocking rant at Leo was funny. I am really liking the interaction between JT and Frida.
 

Madeleine, thanks for such a fast and clever recap. Yes, little bebe steps well describes the action between the RPs and Menchacas.

I don't really see Frida and JT as a couple myself. If the writers are leading us that way, I'll be interested in seeing if it's believable.

Barbara
 

Thanks for this splendid recap, Mads! LOVED LOVED the Beatles subtitles!
I too was going to point that Mati said Emi had some 'RP' traits in him... (hopefully on the good genes side of the family).
wow! I must have been dozing off or doing something else for a while, i don't recall some of the moments here, but i loved the Mati moments Jarifa mentioned. I got to see those. I am also with Sara, this episode definitely made up for some slow stuff on friday. And the chemistry between MA and Lupe is so evident and so sweet at same time, how he stared at her while she explained she counted all the receipts and the original price and they had a bit over 300,000 pesos (that is about $25K, isn't it?) left to pay.
 

Thank you Madelaine!

Before I do anything else, even before reading the recap, I need to highlight something that I noticed one day last week (Friday, I think). I keep forgetting to mention it.

Vilma is wearing a ring with a great big blue stone (lapiz lazuli? iolite? freaking expensive sapphire?) on the ring finger of her left hand.

Is she married? Engaged? Widowed? Wearing a ring that she bought herself to signal that she's not available (except to Ahole)?

Or does it mean nothing at all?

They really made a point of letting us see it, too. Ahole was in his big chair, and she had her hand on the chair, perfectly positioned so that her entire hand and the ring were on display next to Ahole's big conceited head.

For a moment, I even wondered if she and Ahole were secretly married for some legal/financial convenience, but they probably would have mentioned that by now seeing as he's about to marry someone else "tomorrow."
 

Thanks for this fun and creative recap. The Beatles titles were wonderful.

I am liking having Mati at the house. She is very astute and is already pointing out things that no one else notices. I was glad when she mentioned Emiliano's resemblance to the RPs, and when she called out AS for being an alcoholic. I'm interested to learn more about AS's husband Roberto.

Rikki

 

Julie:

I did notice that ring. I'd say it's a sapphire a really expensive one. I wonder how she was able to afford that. Does she have access to that money Ahole put in her name? I wonder.....

 

Good Morning Y'all and thanks for all your kind words. I came up with the Beatles theme as I was writing the recap. It seemed to fit all the different little scenes.

Vivi:

I am so glad you are joining us here. This is a light hearted romp so far. I am really enjoying this TN. I agree what you said about Mini and Lupe, his heart is fixated on her isn't it?

Jarifa:

I too am glad that Lupe is finally having more understanding. I think with the addition of Granny that's what changed her mind. I think the Menchacas are really bonding with Granny.

Sara:

That mocking rant was funny wasn't it? I am really enjoying this comedy. I too like JT and Frida. That whistling contest is too cute.

Barbara:

I think it's a bit of a competition right now between JT and Frida. He is liking her though, all those little side grins. I want to see them work together at some point.

Marta:

I don't know what the exchange rate is with pesos so what you said is probably right. That is still a big chunk of change though. I like that Lupe is crunching the numbers and being honest about it. I want them to work together too.

Rikki:

I too wonder about the dearly departed Roberto. I hope we get more info on him, a good backstory. If his death drove AS to drink, he must have been a great guy. Maybe he handled everything and she never had to deal with anything. I too like Granny Mati calling it as she sees it.


 

Oh, and I forgot to add not only is Granny changing Lupe's mind, it's the fact that Mini screwed over MA too. I think that's why Lupe is so willing to help him. Ahole screwed her over, so maybe now they are on the same footing, she thinks that, I think.
 

If the money is in Vilma's name, she has access to it - unless she doesn't know where it is. Ahole strikes me as the sort of person who would do something like that.

However, she strikes me as the type who could find it if she wanted to.

I've been thinking: maybe while he's been embezzling from the company, she's been embezzling from them too, or even stealing from him. This would explain why he seemed so surprised that the company was doing so badly, even considering the fraud.

I remember a Cheers episode where Diane's mom (I think that's who it was) had run out of money, but it turned out that her butler/valet had been stealing from her all along, had plenty of money, and was willing to marry her! So maybe that's what Vilma's been up to.

Anyway...

Well done, Madelaine. The Beatles titles sort of tied it all together.

If Isela doesn't stop annoying Ahole, she'll be the next patient at the Sleepytime Rest Home.

Speaking of which, I love Mati! I think Ahole eventually told the nurse NOT to bother looking for her... just let her wander around aimlessly, demented and penniless. (Maybe this is a hint of Ahole's ultimate fate!)
 

Julie:

Thanks! I did hear the poor and destitute and I will add it to the recap. I too hope that is his fate in the end. You know, he's has resented all the RPs for years and their entitlement, but he is far, far worse.
 

Thanks Julie! I thought I heard that, too. I always assume I heard wrong/didn't understand.

TTizoc is a doll and a half and he and Frida's whistling was cute. I can't even whistle.

I really like all the characters in this. Guendy is making my top 5.
 

Sara:

I am liking Guendy too. She is so funny especially with MA. She makes him nervous, it's too funny. This same actress was in PVAA as the amante/wife of the actress Carmelita's two timing hubby.

 

Oh I forgot... I've noticed the ring too and I would like Vilma to be more than just a love-sick flunky for Ahole.
 

And I really didn't like the Guendy actress in PVAA. More like I didn't like the character.

Right now I like the barrio folks more than the RPs.

I'm also finding that when I see Menchaca I hear it in my head as Menchaaaca. I know it annoys Jarocha's mom, but it cracks me up.


 

Thank you for the recap, Mads. Loved the Beatles section titles!

That "te parece?" exchange in the courtyard between Lupe and MA. I interpreted it as, "Is that okay with you?" "Oh, yes, that's VERY okay with me." It can also be "... if you don't mind." "Oh, no, I don't mind at all."

What I caught with the nurse (from memory here):
Nurse: we'll do a thorough search for her.
Alejo: No, don't search at all. I'll send my people to search for her; they are much more competent."
As soon as he hung up with the nurse, Vilma started to order "his people" to go over and find Grandma. Alejo cut that short. No search. He wants her to wander the streets, and he expects that... I'm unclear. The gangs would kill her? She'd die of exposure? I didn't catch what exactly.

BTW, when Alejo saw that the call was from the nurse, he asked her EAGERLY, "Is she dead?!!"

 

I hear "Gwaaaaw-daaa-looooo-pay" every time I see "Guadalupe," which fortunately isn't very often.
 

Thanks Madelaine for this excellent recap of this delightful episode. This show is so cute and well acted that I'm finding difficulty in coming up with comments and observations to add to the conversation here.

Thanks also to Marta for Friday's recap. I enjoyed it very much as well as the comments over the weekend.

One thing that caught my eye in this episode is how aware of and how affectionate Leo is with Da Vinci when he is holding him. A S more or less just holds him like a purse or an accessory most of the time while as Leo is holding him he cuddles, caresses and scratches him, seemingly constantly aware and alert his presence.

I'm especially enjoying all the women in this show. Each has a distinct personality.

Carlos
 

Thanks, Paula!! I didn't catch the "is she dead." Nice guy. Subtlety is not his strong suit.

I don't think he was very specific about what he expected to happen to her. I suppose he doesn't care, as long as she's gone.

In general, he seems not very detail-oriented, leaving the details to others (like Vilma or Adolfo). He also lacks imagination and ideas and doesn't pay attention to important things that he should.

So far, as bad guys go, his main skills appear to be ruthlessness, snappy neckties, and as-yet reliable accomplices. How far will that take him? Most of our villains have been a lot more on the ball. He is making Rogelio from PEAM look like a genius. I might need a new beanie-liner if his luck is going to last more than a few weeks!
 

Poor Leo and MA suffering on the cold, hard floor of the shed. Except... did you notice the rolled up rug that they could put on the floor instead of newspapers? Or the big marroon cushion thing that MA was punching? It looked like sofa cushions or a futon. And when the wardrobe door swung open, there was some thick plush fabric thing in there that could make a usable blanket. For that matter, couldn't MA ask his good buddy Saul, "Hey, could you bring me two shirts, a pair of jeans, and a blanket?" What am I thinking? This is a TN. That's too sensible.

Just as I hoped, Mati is putting a stop to the RPs' rudeness. In fact, I think it was her presence that inspired MA to finally confront his mom and brother about their behavior. Go Mati!

Pay attention to how they stage the scenes with Mati. It's often the Menchacas in one cluster, the RPs in another cluster, and either Mati or Mati plus Don Chuey in between the two clusters as a physical bridge between the two.

Vivi, I loved your line, "Tizok and Frida also have already started a mating dance."

Finally, didn't you love the way Camil fumbled those plates while Lupe was washing dishes? Any other Televisa actor, the plate would simply slide out of his hand. But with Camil, he fumbles, he reaches, he almost recovers, and then the plate escapes and falls to the floor. He is SOOOO good at that kind of physical acting. (And when he picks up "heavy" suitcases, it actually looks like they're heavy.)


 

Great recap! I Just watched Fridays last night so I will be catching up on Hulu with this epi tonight :)
 

Julie,
when you say...
Ahole eventually told the nurse NOT to bother looking for her... just let her wander around aimlessly, demented and penniless. (Maybe this is a hint of Ahole's ultimate fate!)

you might be on to something there... although I would prefer that A-hole end up in jail for many years... so that pedante (pretentious/entitled) smile will finally fall off his face.
 

Mads thanks for your recap. Your ability to tie a Beatles song to each section was quite impressive.

So happy Mati made herself right at home and Don Chuy loves her.

Alejo is a piece of work. When the call came in, as Paula noted, he asked if Mati was dead and after it was over he was fine with her being a homeless person wandering the streets (aimless and penniless too). Like Julie, I hope that's his own end.
 

Ahole did tell the nurse to forget about looking for Mati. He figures she is so out of it that she'll end up forgotten. Boy I'm sure is going to get a big surprise on that score.

Liked that Mati picked up on Emiliano's RP traits but I'm not sure she actually thinks he is one just is like them. I had thought she might notice a physical semblance to Ahole as the tip off. I'm glad she showed up because she seems to be both the buffer between the two clans and the one that can bring them together dragging Leo and AS along.

Laugh at all those meetings in the VIP shack and wonder why none of these pampered fools think to take the plastic off the furniture, push the chairs together so they don't have to sleep on the floor — oh right they are idiots.

Nepo is on the scent that something isn't right with the American "cousins". And he doesn't like Mike having I guess a gut reaction that the dude is a potential rival.

Love JT and Frieda. I don't think the writers will have any trouble making them believable after all Frieda does fancy herself as a member of the "people" and this is her pueblo. Just think of the conniption fit AS and Leo will have if not one but two Menchaca join the family tree.
 

Paula H, I agree there are so many things in that shed the RPs could use to improve the situation. One, maybe two nights was funny...now it's aggravating.

Carlos, Leo does Interact with DaVinci much more than AS. I'll bet the actor has little dogs at home.

Also, when are we going to hear how MA plans to try to prove his innocence? If he's been charged with a crime, shouldn't Saul be demanding to see records, accounts, etc. from the company. It doesn't seem like MA has done much of anything so far. I know it's only been a few days, but still....

Barbara

 

It was mentioned early on by someone who's handle I've forgotten that the first week of the Mexican version was two days of the Colombian version. Televisa loves to drag things out IMHO and I think that's what's happening.

I love watching Leo and Da Vinci canoodle!
 

Paula:

Thank so much for the corrections, I fixed the recap. I do love Camil's physical comedy. The man is a hoot.

Barbara:

You are so right about finding proof.

I guess since MA's been trying to settle the family down and not get kicked out of the only place they have to live, he hasn't really thought about a solution to his fraud situation yet. I'm surprised Saul isn't on it somehow. I know that MA wanted to somehow get into the office to find some proof of how the fraud was committed. Where is Eva when you need her?
 

ITA. I also noticed Leo and Da Vinci last night. Da Vinci actually walked away from AS's hands/lap, and over to Leo, without any bidding. Then he was very happy being cuddled by Leo. I'm sure it's part of the direction that AS be so self-involved that she just treats her dog like an accessory. But the actor who plays Leo must also just love dogs, and the dog knows it.
 

Carlos:

I agree with you about Leo and Da Vinci. Could Da Vinci be the actor's dog in real life? I know the dog they have over there on MPV is the actor's dog in real life. Da Vinci sure likes Leo a lot.

Shannon:

Thank you. Please join us often.

Karen:

I too like that Mati is very comfortable at Don Chuy's and he does really like her. When she started with the reminiscing of all his bouts, even naming some of his opponents, he was really enjoying it. I think that is what won him over. Agreed, Ahole a piece of work.

Deice:

I so agree with your whole comment. I too wonder why they aren't using the stuff in the storage shed to make themselves more comfortable. Maybe there will come a moment when Leo finally realizes, hey here is the perfect thing, but then again, he is rather dumb. I bet Granny figures that out before anyone. Granny wasn't sitting on the floor was she? Wasn't she sitting on some type of chair?


I agree with all of you about Ahole. The guy is too dumb to get away with this for long. Julie, you are right, he depends on everybody for everything and this is going to be his Achilles heel in the future. Adolfo can only do so much for him and Vilma too. As a matter of fact, I think Vilma is way smarter than Ahole any day. She just hasn't had her moment to shine. Hopefully in the future she will come into her own.
 

Thanks, Mads. I love your musical retelling.

So many fun moments last night. I love MA's imitation of Leo, JT and Frida flirting, Mati winning over the Menchacas, Mini's disgusted look while her mother held the dress up to herself and pretended to be the bride.

The funniest to me was when Lupita was calculating the balance and MA sat there swooning, looking like Pepe le Pew over a shared soda in the malt shop with Cupid zinging him with arrows. Who knew number crunching could be so seductive?

I've been laughing for days at Leo and MA suffering all night on the cold floor while they're surrounded by things they could use to make themselves more comfortable. I guess if it isn't already set up for them, they have no clue what to do. I was hoping they would start to figure it out after MA's "we need to adapt and make the best of things" speech, but I guess they aren't that quick.

I was surprised MA excluded Frida from his expectations on the family taking responsibility and being productive. I guess she's already acting fairly decent and she's the baby of the family, but of all of them, she seems the most likely to be able to actually get a job and earn some income.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thank you for the recap Madelaine! The Beatles song's subtitles were super cute!

I wonder how much of the RP empire was built by grandpa, last night I remembered that there was a time when even those in the upper classes enjoyed lucha libre with the mention of El Santo but maybe his enjoyment of lucha libre was meant to signify he wasn't as rich back then. El Santo was even known in France and Belgium and some rich men appeared in journals that my aunts had taking pictures of the Santo's fights in Paris.

Julia:

"of all of them, she seems the most likely to be able to actually get a job and earn some income"

I can't remember if Frida is still a minor, she at least hasn't finished high school. Jobs for minors are only supposed to be half time and the pay is pretty terrible. If she is still that young maybe MA is being over protective.

Jarocha
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder