Tuesday, March 11, 2014

De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero #1- Mon 3/10

De que hay smoochies, hay smoochies

We meet Natalia on the day she's been elected Queen of the Fishermen of Tuxpan.  She also receives a declaration of love from Andres, who she considers her BFF, and she turns him down.  Brigitte, Natalia's younger sister is jealous of Natalia's crown and hints that Natalia doesn't deserve it, for not being a "real" Garcia (apparently the Garcia women have a lock on the Queenship).

Out on the beach, we meet the twins and find that one, Rodrigo, is athletic and the other, Diego, is a drunk.  His buds leave him in a boat naked and blackened with soot(?) since they can't wake him out of a drunken stupor.  He meets Natalia when he finally wakes up and, of course, she thinks he's a perv, but she agrees to find him some clothes.  When he hears that she's the Queen, he insists on meeting her later to help decorate the stage.

The Garcias assemble for a goodbye dinner for Padre Juancho.  He's an old friend of the family with a story about each of the kids doing something cutesy but naughty when they were young.  Eleazar is another "old friend" of Natalia's mom, Carmen, and his mom is Carmen's godmother.  Carmen tries, in vain, to get him to stay for some dinner leftovers, but he can't get out of there fast enough.  Later, he tells his mom that he dislikes that Carmen has had four children with four different fathers.  He wants his mom to move into an apartment with him in the DF and gets pissed when she turns him down.

Brigitte, the little troublemaker, sends Andres down to the square (by telling him not to go) so he'll run into Natalia and her new sweetheart.  Also in the square tonight is Rodrigo, who sees the lovebirds kissing after Natalia falls off a ladder and onto Diego's lips.  Andres finds them after she and Diego have relocated to a more romantic-looking kissing spot near the water and he's about as happy about seeing that as you'd expect him to be.  Natalia and Diego both seem to be falling equally hard for each other, if their giddy giggles and huge grins are any indication.

Andres, after getting good and drunk, brings a bottle and a boombox over to Natalia's to give her a serenata.  John Cusack, he's not.  And also, he can't sing.  She has to turn him down yet again, an unpleasant task made easier when he reminds her that guys who aren't from around here are the reason her mom got knocked up four times.  When Natalia comes in and asks her mom, "How do you know when you're in love?" Carmen realizes that Natalia's head over heels and is happy for her.

Here I pause to point out that Mr. 5ft is already sick of the "amor, amor, amor" theme and would like them to find a song with more words.

Rodrigo has shared the news about Diego's new squeeze with their two buds.  He wants to switch places like they used to do when they were younger, but Diego refuses.  Rodrigo sneaks out while Diego is in the shower, and goes to meet Natalia, who is eager to snog "Diego" some more.

Tomorrow, Rodrigo meets his messy end.

Labels:


Comments:
Annnnnd we're off!
 

Thanks, 5ft. I didn't think it was horrible. At least I plan to stick around before I make my decision. I adore Livia's thousand Watt smile.

They do need to get some more music. They sort of overdid the Amor Amor Amor last night.

Lots of familiar faces is the secondary cast but I'll be damned if I can remember where I've seen them. I know the youngest child is in a honey nut crunch commercial.
 

Hello Kat. So glad you are recapping this. What a treat. Excellent as always! Seamless, detailed laden, very enjoyable summary.

"John Cusack, he's not. And also, he can't sing" made me smile. How true!

Although I only saw the last 20 minutes of this, I liked what I saw. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked Rodrigo/Diego who has not immpressed me in previous novelas. I liked Nat's sibs although they are all new to me. I did recognize Andres (although for the life of me can't remember from what). And of course, Cynthia and Marcelo shine.

Even though I watched only briefly agree with Mr. 5ft in being "already sick of the "amor, amor, amor" theme and would like them to find a song with more words". Yes!

I will try and watch as much as I can - I already watch the 8 and 9 TNs but this looks promising.

Diana
 

Tks 5ft, enjoyable as always

Are we going to get the sidebar feed on this?

I thought it was kind of cute.

Andres is Jose Carlos Femat

De que te quiero, te quiero (2013) ... Andrés Figueroa
Dos hogares (2011) ... Jorge Estrada
Zacatillo un lugar en tu corazón (2010) ... Alain Landeta
Verano de amor (2009) ... Abogado de Othon
Querida enemiga (2008) ... Julián Ruiz
Lola erase una vez (2007) ... Manfred Von Ferdinand

I've liked Livia Brito since her 1st novela Triunfo del amor.

 

Thanks for that info, Vario. I just started showing Lola to my students (I use it every year) and there are a some scenes with Manfred. That must be why he's familiar. Lol.

Looks like this one will have several antagonists.

Am I to assume that Natalia's line about being a García despite not carrying la sangre is important? Is she the oldest?
 

Variopinta: thank you so much! The only thing I saw Jose in was QE. One of my favorites primarily due to the team doc vs. team hawt chef debate here on Caray. I like him and am glad to see him again.

Appreciate your noting that!

Yes, I think Livia has a lot of charm as well...

Diana
 

Hi everyone, and thank you for the feedback!

Mr. 5ft and I were both thinking a lot of people looked familiar, even though we couldn't place them. I can't believe I didn't remember Livia, though, from TdA...I must have blocked it out :D And I have no idea why I remember Andres, since the only one of those shows I watched was Lola, and only barely. Thanks for looking that up, Variopinta!

I am checking into sidebar placement.

I don't get Brigitte's dig about not being a real Garcia. Everyone keeps talking openly about the kids all having different dads, so maybe Natalia is supposed to have been adopted by mom? It seems like, yes, Natalia is the oldest, then the boy (whose name I can't remember), Brigitte the brat, and the little moppet who isn't annoying me yet.
 

And there was one other guy at Padre Juancho's despedida as well. I kept counting 5 kids.
 

Hmmm...true. I recognized #5 as the waiter at the restaurant, but I'm not going to get names for a while. Is he one of the kids? He seems to live at the house. They keep saying she had "four kids with four dads" so either he's one of the kids and Natalia's the one who isn't Carmen's OR Carmen treats her employees like family.
 

Thanks, 5ft. I will probably give this one a try because my telenovio Marvelo Cordoba is in it. It looks as though he may not be a good guy , and I prefer when he plays good guys as he did in Alborada, Pasion, and AV. However, at less the is not a tialoving abuelokiller. Why is Marcelo never cast as the galan ?
 

I don't doubt that Carmen only has 4 kids (*snort*..."only".) I'm just trying to get everyone straight and that fifth person on the periphery was throwing me off.

I'm not willing to say Marcelo is a "bad" guy yet. I've seen lots of promos with him and Carmen canoodling. I think there's an unrequited love for Carmen so he's being a bit jerky. According to the character bio his character (Eleazar) is "honest, fair, incorruptible and efficient at his job." (comandante de policia judicial"
 

Sara...I like those adjectives. I was hoping that he would be good guy, but he seemed a bit sanctimonious in that first episode. I could actually tell what he was saying to his mother about Carmen having 4kids by 4 different men. Hub was impressed. I wonder if we will get the back story on all the bAbydaddies.
 

I just looked up the actor playing the oldest son. Alfredo Gatica (actor) playing Abdul Garcia (character.)

Anyhoo, he was Dario on Cachito de Cielo. That's where I saw him.

Not that this is at all important, but it drives me crazy when I see actors and can't remember where I've seen them.

One of Rodrigo's cohorts was also in AC as one of Willy's cohorts.
 

Susanlynn,
I'm hoping he's a good guy, too. But he was kind of a douchenozzle last night.

And so was Andres.

Everyone needs to lay off Carmen.
 

I think the hint was that none of the baby daddies were "from there," or I suppose in a small community like that, they would have been pressured into marrying Carmen. Big city dudes on vacation would just go home with an "I'll call you."
 

I was a little concerned during the Natalia/Carmen conversation about how you know you are in love. I know I just said everyone needs to lay off Carmen, but I'm pretty sure Carmen may not be the best judge of what love is.
 

Yeah, that was a very non-standard telenovela mom reaction. It's nice that she isn't overprotective--that's a welcome change--but at the same time, what they're both describing seems to me more like infatuation or attraction. She doesn't even know anything about him! It's too soon to call it "love!" I agree that when you know, you know, and heck yeah, enjoy it, but don't start planning a boda just yet.
 

Sounded a little like they both had gas to me. LOL

I really thought that was a pretty adorable first kiss scene, though.
 

Rodrigo/Diego should not go around without a shirt any more - he is so pale and flabby! I don't think he is a particularly good actor, either. Rodrigo's facial expressions have already turned me off. In fact, that whole group on the beach - girls and guys - looked like they could use some time in the gym. Maybe they started filming the tn (beach scene) earlier than anticipated and before they all had a chance to prepare (working out and tanning) - they really looked out of shape!

And those two actresses in the scene where Diego's (maybe? wannabe?) girlfriend feels insulted because he didn't invite her to the beach are really over-acting. Too annoying for me.

Nitpicking? Yes, I am.

This tn is in the "meh" category for me after just one episode. Maybe I'll try a couple more, but usually if it doesn't grab me on the first day, I'm out.
 

Esmeralda Pimentel is actually a pretty good actress though one couldn't tell from last night's performance. She was very good in Abismo and Cachito.
 

Sorry - she was the aggrieved gf last night.
 

She's actually NOT his girlfriend. She's the standard-issue "he's mine, mine, mine!" annoyance.
 

I guess Carmen's reaction to Nat's being in love explains why she has 4 children by 4 different men. Wouldn't you want to at least meet the new interest to rule out a Ted Bundy type?.
 

Old novela stars, I hope this works

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.peopleenespanol.com%2Farticle%2Festrenan-documental-sobre-el-chapo-guzman%3Fxid%3Dpespdaily03112014&anno=2&sandbox=1
 

Thanks for this efficient rundown of the first episode, Kat.

I agree with Mr. 5 Ft. The song needs to go.

There are 5 kids, but four are Carmen's bio kids. We don't yet know why Carmen adopted Natalia into her brood. She obviously makes no distinctions.
 

Oh, and the little girl was in Rufugio Para el Amor, as well as the Honey Bunches of Oats commercial.
 

Now I just need to remember where I've seen the witchy sister before.
 

Witchy sister was the (very) young lover of Adriano-- the daughter of his friend.
 

...in Por Ella Sot Eva.
 

Wow. I really can't type tonight. Por Ella Soy Eva.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder