Tuesday, April 01, 2014

De Que Te Quiero Te Quiero #17 Tuesday 4/1

De que estamos borrachos estamos borrachos

I'm filling in for Kat so her hand can heal.

Grumps tells Karina to stay out of private family business

Eleazar almost confesses his love for Carmen and even though he stopped himself, Jackie figured it out. He tries to play it off. 

Diego starts drinking.

Diana asks the PI to forget about Diego and start following Natalia.

Eleazar starts drinking.

The PI heads Natalia's and plays the part of a bank employee looking to finish up some paperwork needed for the loan Natalia is applying for. Luz tells him all about the fonda and where it is. He leaves and she starts to fret about the money troubles the Garcias must be having.


Diego asks for a bottle to go.

Turns out the PI is friends with the police officer assigned to watch the fonda. In a blazing display of discretion, the cop tells his PI buddy all about the drug charges and Carmen's imprisonment. 

Eleazar buys a bottle to go.

Irene visits Natalia and asks her to come back to Caprico. Natalia explains she has very personal reasons for not doing so, but even though she can't go back there's no reason she and Irene can't be friends. Natalia really doesn't want to add to the marital problems between Diego and Diana Natalia is just about to ask for some advice when Lupita interrupts. Irene is introduced to Lupita and Bratgitte.

The PI tells Diana all about the drug charges and Carmen's predicament.

Alonso replays the recording from his session with Irene and laments for the pain she has endured. Then he struggles with the feelings he's having for his patient.

Diana tries to call Diego. When he drunkenly hangs up, she heads to Natalia's house to confront her instead.

Eleazar goes home drunk. He meets up with Diego who is drunk and visiting his friend Alonso. The three start drinking together. From here on out every scene is pretty much the same. "We suffer for love!!!!" Cheers! Seriously, that sums up all their scenes.  Eleazar does mention that he left the woman he loved, too. She was pregnant and he was not gonna stick around and play the fool. Maybe if he had said something sooner she wouldn't have gotten pregnant? Did ya' think of that? 

Alonso asks about Tadeo. Diego informs him that Tadeo is the reason Irene flipped out that time. Eleazar figures out Alonso's sub-text.

Alonso encourages Diego to divorce Diana.

Tadeo has decided to permanently relocate to Mexico. Greeaat.

Diana overhears Nat talking to GVB about seeing Diana and Sexter. GVB thinks she should tell Diego and she will even back up her story since she saw her, too. (Or she could have been referring to talking to PJ.)

Karina is inept. How the hell did she get this job? She can barely take dictation from Grumps.

Sales are slow at the fonda. Luz stops by the Garcia home. Natalia mentions the slow sales and Luz really begins thinking about the "loan" Natalia must be applying for.

UPDATE: Eleazar, Diego and Alonso are still drunk.

Diana tells Karina she wanted to blackmail Natalia with the drug information, but if Nat knows about her lover that plan is out. Karina thinks they just need to come up with a plan. Will Natalia tell Diego? Has she told Diego. Diana says no. In fact, she heard Natalia wondering if she should say anything. Karina thinks all they need to do is buy time and keep Natalia from telling. Diana knows exactly what she's going to do. She's going to use Carmens' situation to throw shade on Natalia. They head for the 'hood to buy cocaine. 

Eleazar waxes philosophic but is interrupted by Luz who tells him things are not good at the fonda. He leaves Alonso to cry alone.

Diego drunk dials Natalia and wants to see her. She refuses, but he rambles on and falls over his chair. She worries.

Diana finds out from some thugs that she can get cocaine from "Beverly." She wants 500...? I know nothing about drugs. I assume grams??? Whatever.

Avances

  • The plan is put in motion. Diana plants drugs in Natalia's desk and Karina gives Grumps an envelope with information about Carmen. Grumps wants Natalia investigated.
  • Diego and Natalia smooch.

Labels:


Comments:
Tonight wasn't the best episode, but I really like this show. I know it's cliched and one dimensional but I just like it. There's an underlying sweetness and positive vibe that I like.
 

Ah, guys getting wasted and crying about women. A truly ancient and noble ritual. But seriously, it was kinda nice to get some bro-bonding in this episode. I love your name for Brigette "Bratgette." Very appropriate. Irene and Natalia are friends now, the call of la sangre is strong with these two. No one cares about Tadeo, he's basically irrelevant until Natalia's revealed as his kid and even Irene is way better than him. Karina's character is inept half the time and the other half sneaky. Make a decision writers! Diana's probably gonna get Natalia arrested with this cocaine thing. Then only Lupita and Brigette will be the only Garcias never to be in the slammer (though let's face it, Bratgette is the most likely to be there for a good reason so that will probs change).

Cassandra G.
 

P.S.

Great recap Sara.
No way Diana isn't gonna stick out like a sore thumb in the hood. She's got "prissy princess" written all over her.

Cassandra G.
 

Gracias Sara! I am right there with you about the sweetness of this show.

I just knew we'd get an "I love you, man!" sometime during this episode. I love Drunken Bro Bonding Happy Time! :D

I really thought Diana would end up trying to score drugs off of an undercover cop. Alas.
 

I wish I could take credit for Bratgitte, but I can't. Was it Karen or Susanlynn?

They are going to have to get rid of Diana somehow since it was a church wedding, but how?
 

Sara: you did an excellent job with this alcohol infused episode. I also enjoyed the male bonding although I wish these serious dicussions could be held in a more sober setting. These guys were wasted. Totally.

"Eleazar waxes philosophic but is interrupted by Luz who tells him things are not good at the fonda. He leaves Alonso to cry alone" and "How the hell did she get this job? She can barely take dictation from Grumps" were a few of my favs.

The acting is what is drawing me back (Eleazar, Carmen and Irene) and I am starting to care about what happens...Not bad reasons for watching.

Diana
 

Sara, good question as to Diana's fate. So far, she is scheming and mean, but she hasn't killed anyone. Yet.

Usually the protagonist isn't killed off unless they are truly evil and have murdered. If she is to die, she will have to get a few notches under her belt I would suspect. But you are right in that a church wedding is essential.

Diana
 

I guess that's why they gave her an amante. I assume divorce in the case of infidelity is acceptable.
 

Thanks for filling in for Kat, Sara!

I'll have to watch the episode to see the boys drunk.

Oh please, let Diana's plot blow up in her face. The Garcias don't need anymore legal trouble. Although it would sure keep Albogado and El busy.

Perhaps Diana is using a fake identity and that would render their Church marriage null and void? Or maybe the writers will just forget about that little detail, like the awful CI writers did. (The galan was married by a priest to crazy brain tumor girl, who didn't die; but at the end he and heroine were married by a priest and nothing was mentioned about how that happened.)
 

I even think both marriages were performed by the SAME priest! LOL!
 

The more I hear about CI the more I fear for La Gata.

Cassandra G.
 

I fear La Gata because I can't resist Maite and I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from watching.
 

Last night, I was commenting to Mr. 5ft that if I were directing, I would have Diana play more cold and calculating and not impetuous and screechy. Now I'm wondering if she can't be played cold because of her eventual comeuppance. Maybe we need to see her impulsiveness and incompetence as part of her character because she ends up taking herself out by accident?
 

Jose Luis killed a couple of people that we know of in Mentir Para Vivir and he just ended up in jail, as did Isadora & Dionisio in Amor Bravio.

Karina needs a people job, like something in sales. The 9 to 5 life is not for her.
 

Great Sara, tks

Loved borracho El mindlessly sticking his finger in his empty glass. He does a believable drunk.

¡Maldita sea! I was hoping Diana would get picked up for buying drugs.
 

Isadora in AB didn't have her tongue when she went to jail.
 

With you Sara, Maite is my kryptonite. I'm very loyal to my old favorites, I'll probably end up watching El Color de la Pasion instead though (I've seen the trailer and I'm excited).

Cassandra G.
 

El Color de Pasion does look good (I saw the trailer as well.) And I love the producer, too.

I'm also looking forward to Hasta el Fin del Mundo.

I know I'm going to end up at least giving La Gata a try. I just can't quit Maite.
 

Aw hell. I just saw a still from the set and I saw the actor who plays Paolo in this one.

crap.crap.crap.

I'm going to end up watching it.
 

Don't worry Sara, we'll suffer together. I think the producer for ECDLP did Mi Pecado (my old favorite). It was either him or the writer that did it. Either way I've already seen a couple capitulo and cannot wait to be able to watch it full time.

Cassandra G.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder