Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Que Pobres Tan Ricos: Ana Sofia goes tippling, Diego comes wooing, Tizoc takes a shower.

  • AS is boozing with her pooch. How is she going to pay for all these exotic martinis? The barkeep says, pay up. "You don't trust a woman of such distinction?" She passes him an expired credit card ("I hope the bank is as slow as always") and by the time the waiter is shouting, she has staggered off.

    She staggers into a luxury hotel. She orders a tamarind martini. The bouncer ejects her for refusing to give her room number. ("But you have a perverted face, I can't risk giving you my room number, you'd attack me in my room.")

    She sneaks onto an elevator and pretends she's desperate to pee so a maid will let her into her room. "Which is yours?" "Which is the biggest and most expensive room?" "This one." "Then this is mine!"

    She staggers in and falls onto the luxurious bed "suitable for one of my social class." A guy comes in and asks what she's doing there. Turns out she knows him - they had a high school romance. She is ready to resume it ("You've been in Europe? You don't know ... what's been happening with the Ruizpalacios?")...

    ... when his young trophy fiance shows up, annoyed to find this old woman in her boyfriend's arms. "Is this your daughter?" Ana Sofia asks, and then, proudly: "I'm not wearing my best clothes but class can't be hidden, while you, young bimbo, are something else that can't be hidden." Gacela vamooses while the loving couple fights, but not before stealing everything from their mini bar.

  • The Banana King calls Alejo to tell him where Mike is. He tells the receptionist, "Empresario to empresario, I need to talk to him." Alejo takes the call but, realizing the guy on the other end has already beat him up once, hangs up.

    Undaunted, Nepo shows up at the office parking lot and says Mike has gone with the Menchacas to Acapulco. Alejo doesn't believe him.

  • The gay subplot continues to be adorable. Emi asks his mom, what is "gay," and she and Mike say it's when you have a sweetheart of your own sex, and it isn't bad even though some people think so - what matters is, be a good person.

    Perla is sulky but cheers up when guys whistle at her.

    Leo cheers up because turns out he's a great tour guide, the customers love his namedropping "super hyper mega tour with jet set anecdotes." He says the tour's over, they say they want more, he gets them to buy his lunch and then they pay him! Not bad! "I am a genius. King of the World!"

    Just as the tour is ending, Diego shows up and finds him. They rush into each others arms but Leo is mortified and pulls away. He reminds Diego he is still confused and unsure. "Leo, you may not be sure you're gay but I am." "Then you are free. It's best we should part." "But I know you feel the same I do!" Leo demurs, Diego walks away, some random guy hits on him and Leo rushes up, takes Diego's hand, and drags him off.

    Leo says "OK, I accept it, I'm gay, but I'm afraid of your homophobic dad." "But I'm willing to risk it," says Diego. Leo is afraid of being mocked. Diego: "It takes courage to admit you're gay. Don't be a baby." AS staggers onto the beach and Diego takes one arm and Leo the other, they lower her to a chair. Drunken detente.

  • Mike asks Emiliano: "Next time you go to the beach, would I be welcome?" "Sure, I like you." "Hypothetically, now, how would you feel if your mom had a boyfriend?" "She's going to marry my dad and then we'll be a real family." Not the answer hoped for.

  • At the cozy picnic table both families (sans Leo and AS) are eating. Mati has something to say: "It's been so long since I saw the ocean, this feels like my first time." "Dona Mati, every day your mind seems clearer, you are so full of life," says Don Chuy. "I've been alone for years, but now with you all life is coming back into me. I feel appreciated, loved, important to you. We are like one family." "I agree, I've never felt so much a part of a family," says Mike.

  • Tizoc took a shower because he's going to compete tonight in a singing contest.

    Lupita tells Mike love has changed her and given her hope about the future. Mike, in contrast, still thinks he's going to end up in jail. She thinks Emiliano will be happy to hear about their going together. Mike knows that's not true. Kisses.

  • Emiliano gets Lupita to call Alejo. he tells his dad he's having a great time but hangs up before Alejo can worm anything important out of him.

    Lupe says to Perla in a scanty outfit: "Dad will have a heart attack seeing you like that." Perla: "But you dress like a waitress, why not be sexy?" "I'm a mother!" "Get a makeover, guys get bored. You're a mom but you're young and sexy."


  • The blended family goes on a horse ride with a lot of balloons. They sing off key, none of them can sing.


  • Minerva decides Mike is avoiding her only because he is a pillar of rectitude and she is still married.


  • Perla forgives Diego, they hug.


Tomorrow: the police come after Mike with guns!

Labels:


Comments:
Jane:

Thanks so much for this fab recap.

I wish Guendy had pulled that phone out of Nepo's hands. If Nepo thinks this will resolve things, he has another thing coming. Lupe will just hate on him more. He's an idiot. Oh, and didn't he accuse MA of stealing that money from the Menchaca? I love how Guendy defended MA.

I think that old boyfriend of AS's was JC's Papa and the young finance is JC's wife in real life. I so didn't want to miss that scene, it was a hoot. I guess AS was going to pull the same thing she did before in the DF, get a hotel and charge El Editorial, maybe. She really needs AA.

Leo was awesome on that tour. He'd be really great at that. I really liked how Leo ran and hugged Diego, so sweet. I think they will be okay, despite stupid Nepo.

I also liked Dona Mati this epi too. She is so great with all the kids. This beach trip is doing wonders for her.

I wonder if Beto and Trofeo are brothers or something? Beto looked like he knew him, hmmmmm....

So I wonder if Ahole or Nepo ended up calling the cops? Can't wait for tomorrow to see what happens to poor MA!
 

Thanks so much, Jane!

I loved seeing Mati hanging out with the kids, and having such a great time with the families. I'm afraid that will soon come to an end when Alejo finds her. Now, THAT will be the real reason everyone will hate Nepo when they find out he went to Alejo to blab about their whereabouts. Ugh!

Good to see Perla and Diego make peace. Even better to see Leo and Diego giving their relationship a chance.
 

JC's dad had such a hard time keeping a straight face in that hotel room scene with Ana Sofia. They must have had to do many takes.
 

I wish I'd known that was JC's father and wife, I would have stared at them more intently. Ana Sofia is such a ham and a scene stealer it was hard to look at the other people.
 

Jane, thanks for the wonderful recap. What a pleasant way to start the day!

I laughed so hard at AS on her drunken journey with Da Vinci at the hotel from the bar to her high school sweetheart's (Santi's?) room. What a coincidence! She was so flirtatious she even put DaVinci down as she made herself comfy on that bed. Some surprise when the young girlfriend showed up! Her clearing out the mini bar was the best.

I also loved Leonardo not being too sure about wanting to be with Diego until he sees another guy come on to him. Diego is turning out to be very strong in the face of Nepo's opposition. Leonardo seemed to make some serious cash in addition to enjoying his tour guide adventure. He just needs a job where he can have an audience.

Poor MA trying to discuss with Emiliano the possibility of his mother marrying again(obviously referring to himself) and Emiliano telling him how he would just love if his mother would marry his father and they could be one family. Too bad MA's beach trip is going to be cut short but it is time for some action on that plotline.

One thing I am really enjoying about this novela is that the subplots are so well written and cast I am not tired of any of them yet.

Jarifa


 

I knew it was JC's dad and i had a suspicion the blonde was related too, but didn't realize it was his fiancee/wife... thanks Mads!
and thanks Jane for a great recap!
I felt bad for MA so depressed when Emi told him he wanted to see his parents reunite and them all live together... sigh!

Have to say I had a La Pola recap read marathon yesterday afternoon (at work!) and couldn't stop. then had a La Pola marathon before and after QPTR at home on youtube... I am now ready to buy the DVD set on ebay... $25 for 12 DVDs, the entire thing!
 

Really enjoyed the re-cap.
Loved that Diego and Leo are back together. I was laughing at how Leo had to hold his breath as he was sitting next to AS.
I'm just lost - who is JC???
 

Rosalva- Jaime Camil who is Miguel Angel. His dad and/or other family members always pop up for a cameo in his tns.
 

lol - thank you. I'm used to seeing the Telenovela names mentioned by initials. Was totally lost for a while there.
 

Another thing, I was laughing so hard when AS ,as she was leaving the hotel room, swept up Da Vinci by his little shirt. He looked like he was flying.

And another, JC's dad and wife were cute in their roles. I cannot even imagine how hard it would be to stay in character with AS literally in your face.

Jarifa
 

Jane, thanks for a great recap. Lots of fun in this episode.

Enjoyed Abuela Mati and her love for the Menchacas.

Leo and AS were both just hilarious in their adventures. Leo made a great tour guide and earned a not-quite-honest day's pay.

I was impressed that DA came searching for Leo and fought for their relationship.

AS is really getting some mileage out of her resort wear dress and hat. She was sure she could hang out with her old boyfriend in the lap of luxury. Her exit where she scooped up Da Vinci and the mini-bar contents was one of the best scenes ever.
 

I almost passed on this tn because I can't stand Jaime Camil or Mark Tacher, but I checked it out because of Zuria and Arturo and got totally hooked because of Leonardo (don't know the actor's name). I think he has completely stolen the show and run away with it!
 

Leo is great. He has wonderful chemistry with his mom and with his sweetie, their tentative budding romance is quite convincing. I think Ana Sofia and Leo are the best actors in the show.
 

Thank you, Jane! I always get nervous when there's an all-fun episode... I'm paranoid that everything is about to blow up in our faces. But I think I'm ready for whatever.

I loved Emiliano's reaction when Lupe explained what "gay" means. Like, oh, okay, let's go swimming now. Typical kid reaction!

I'm annoyed/disappointed that there was no follow-up on Perla's impromptu flight. I thought there would be a scene with her getting paid and another scene with Chuy scolding her. Or Chuy or another family member threatening the parasailing guys. Or at least some kind of discussion about what had happened.

(And did she stop taking the diet pills? Or is she going to pass out again soon?)

Mads, I've wondered before if Beto and Trofeo are related. Even if they're not related by blood (I do see a resemblance), they certainly have a lot in common.
 

Thank you, Jane! Great recap! Cracks me up that Tizoc taking a shower is enough of an event to merit mention in the title, but it was so! He does clean up pretty nicely.

Did that guy actually hit on Diego? It sounded to me like he thought Diego was looking for a tour guide and wanted the business. No matter; it was enough of a threat to clarify things for Leo. Maybe the two of them should just stay in Acapulco, away from Nepo. The tour guide thing seems to be working out pretty well for Leo.

I liked the singing in the carriage. They are a fun crowd. I still don't quite understand how they're managing to camp on such a crowded beach, but ni modo. I am liking the sunshine and fun.

Still a little worried about Perla. She is either going to pass out from diet pills, or tangle with some bad news guys. She is way too desperate for male attention and way too unsuspicious of anyone's motives.

 

I wonder how many times AS can get away with wandering into hotels and bars to steal booze. What surprised me the most about the hotel room encounter with her ex-novio is that it looked like there were a few little liquor bottles left. I'm shocked that she didn't carefully steal all of them!

It was really funny when she was trying to act sexy and rekindle the flame.

Another moment that was funny to me was Tizoc randomly doing handsprings in the background of a scene. Show-off :).
 

Tizoc randomly doing handsprings in the background of a scene. Show-off :).
LOL Julia! what scene was that?

 

Marta- You can see him doing the handsprings just as the scene begins with Lupe and MA explaining what gay means to Emi.
 

I'm more worried about Nepo than Perla. I assume that Perla won't be knocked off, but the way things are going, with Nepo being such a jerk to everyone, I'm kind of wondering if Nepo could become a target for Ahole. (Ahole might not have a motive yet, but if Nepo ever tries to get between Lupe and Ahole his days will be numbered.)
 

You're right. I don't think Perla is in mortal peril (can't you just see Don Chuy with one of those clocks like Mrs. Weasley has?), but she might star in a PSA episode or two on the way to her happily ever after. Nepo is really skating on thin ice. He could indeed find himself on the business end of Ahole's inept weapons handling.
 

Thanks, Jane! You get all the important stuff down - and you do it so quickly. Your report is already posted by the time the show is over here. I'm in Colorado, you must be on East Coast time.
As to Nepo, I'm about ready to knock him off myself. Grrrrr!
 

SO Perla is about to make front cover on the RP fashion magazine!! too funny!! esp when all of them (Mini, Vilma, A-hole) had chances to look at the photos and refused to!! LOL!! can't wait to see A-hole's face and Chuy's face if he sees it!!
so sad for Lupe... she was getting so pretty for MA then all heck broke loose and when she went running to try to let him know he would not let her speak with his kisses. Hopefully the Menchacas will be a good stronghold for her now... she will need strength to resist A-hole's shenanigans.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder