Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Que pobres tan ricos July 8: Some cry and drink, one dances, one goes to jail in pink pajamas, and one has a bottle of chloroform and knows how to use it...

Poor Wilma in her fuzzy pink jammies is woken by the police who take her away in chains, accusing her of fraud and delinquent associations.

Don Chuy and Ana Sofia are getting so drunk. She tells him: My father was an important Italian businessman, he seduced one of his maids and I was born. He gave me his name and took me to live with him. It wasn't a bad childhood, but I was always ashamed of my past, of the mother I never knew and didn't want to know. Please don't judge me harshly, and promise on what you hold most sacred to keep my secret."


Chuy swears on his dear wife in heaven and on his kids that he will never tell. He tells her to let it all out. She sobs for Mike. "I'm glad to see that under it all, deep down, you do have a mother's heart."

What a cry fest it is tonight! Wendy is sobbing about Nepo not loving her. Carmelita things she might as well find it out now as later. Nepo calls but Wendy doesn't answer. "Let him rot!" "Yeah, let him rot." "Let him die!" "Wait, that's going a bit too far!" Later Wendy tells Diego "Your dad doesn't love me, but I love him." "Give him a chance, he doesn't know how to manage his emotions!" "No, I'll forget him. In fact I'll ask my little saint statue to send me a better yabbadabbadoo boyfriend."

Nepo, in the dumps, sent Trofeo off to get him some booze. He wants Trofeo to stay and drink with him, but Trofeo doesn't want the hangover.

At jail Mike is dancing with joy to the irritation of his cellmates.

Discussing Tizoc's performance (which I'm sorry I missed), Perla says she'll sing too but Tizoc says her voice breaks glass. Frida is disgusted by Tizoc selling out: This is not the music you want to sing, this isn't the person I know." "But it's what the fresas like you want!" "You really want to be the heartthrob of the 15-year-olds? The music is puke." He orates words of love and kisses her.

Lupita keeps asking Emiliano where the card is that Mike sent her. He evades the question. He calls his dad who is proud: "You are great at inventing and eluding, you're more like me every day."

Next day Mike takes his tearful leave of his dear cellmates and other jailbirds, signs a lot of papers, and goes out to wait for Saul. But Alejo has hired some little guy in sunglasses to stall Saul. He causes a car accident, takes Saul's phone, talks on it a long time and then drops and breaks it so when...

...when MINERVA shows up at the jail instead of Saul, she convinces Mike to get in the car with her, and reproaches him for using her, and asks for a final embrace, and then Isela pops out of the back seat and chloroforms him. They drag him off to Alejo's mansion, give him a bunch more tranquilizers to keep him in dream land. There is worry they will go to jail for kidnapping when he finally wakes up but, sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Turns out Minerva has the sappy note Mike wrote to Lupita and reads it out to her mother.

At breakfast Don Salamon shows up, again, uninvited, again, hoping to go on a date with Ana Sofia, who has not been seen today. Lupe throws him out. Frida and Leo realize their mom is not just drunk, she's practically dead! Consternation all round, they all take her to the hospital, she's comatose with alcohol poisoning and almost died, the doctor will keep her till tomorrow, Frida will stay with her.

Before getting stalled by the short guy, Saul had called Leo and let slip that Mike was getting out of jail. Leo and Frida are ecstatic. It's Diego who points out they may get all their moola back. Leo is so excited about that he starts turning back into the same old jerk he used to be. Diego is sad.

Saul finally gets to the prison and finds out Mike was released an hour ago. He goes to see if Mike's made his way to Lupita's house. She's ecstatic to find out Mike is free! But he's not here. And he's not at the hospital. "He'll be here soon," says Saul. "We'll just wait for him." Lupita asks Saul about the card Mike wrote but before he can answer, all the Menchacas arrive and hear the good news.

Vilma is rotting in jail in her jammies. Alejo arrives and says he's devastated to see her there. "I promise to get you out - but - " - but not until after he marries Lupita! Wilma is astonished. "And, sorry, but it's necessary for me to declare you are the guilty one. And you, you must declare that Bambi and Adolfo were your accomplices. But after I get granddad's moola, I'll have so much influence! And then, Wilma dear, we can go far away and perhaps, you know..." "Know what? What do I know?" "I'm timid," Alejo says, "dn't make me say it. You know what is in my heart." Wilma is beyond astonished and elated. "This is the first time you've looked at me like this! I'll do anything for you."

Tomorrow: Lupita will see her chloroformed dupe of a boyfriend in bed with Minerva.

Labels:


Comments:
Diego is such a sweetheart!
 

Jane, thanks for the great recap. I agree that Diego really is a sweetheart and was smart in asking Leonardo about being rich again now that MA was exonerated.

Funny scenes:

Vilma being arrested in her pink jammies crawling out of the window of the cheap hotel room.

MA being put to bed by his cellmates so he does not have "panda bear circles under his eyes" when "his old lady" sees him the next day. MA still is doing his sambita in bed. He reminded me of the Disney commercial where the kids are too excited to sleep.

Güendy telling Diego that she wouldn't be giving Nepo another chance and that it was all over with him just like the preterite tense. LOL

Alejo feeding into Vilma's fantasies as she is agreeing to take the fall for him.


Not so funny scenes:

AS revealing the truth about her parents.AS toasting to "porca miseria" while draining the pulque bottle.


José Tizoc leaving Frida high and dry at the hospital when his music business calls after he has offered to stay there and support her.

BTW, MA looked like a big rag doll in the promos.

Jarifa





 

Thanks so much Jane! Not much to celebrate this episode. Not even MA's release, as it was ruined by him stupidly getting himself kidnapped.

I hope her near death from alcohol poisoning is enough to put AS on a path to sobriety, and to deter Chuy from ever giving her alcohol again.

Very disappointed in Tizoc so quickly and easily blowing off supporting Frida by staying in the hospital with her. He's no Paolo (DQTQTQ).

The funniest part of the episode was Vilma getting arrested and jailed in her jammies. At least she'll be comfortable.
 

Thanks Jane! I tuned a couple minutes late so i missed Vilma in her fuzzy jammies... but my fav moment was MA continuing to do his samba leg kicks dance in bed... too funny!
 

it will get real ugly for the next few days so brace, everyone.
 

Thanks, Marta, for the heads up!
It looks like it will be grim for a while.

Jarifa
 

Most sensible character: Lupita, Diego, Carmelita, Tomas and Saul. Least sensible: Vilma, Minerva, Isela, Nepo and, alas, MA.
Rob
 

I give the prize for now to Diego, he is not only sensitive, he is open to tolerate some deviation back to old Leo while still giving Leo time to change for good... and also trying to reconcile with his dad the right way, not shutting the door there.
 

If Ahole is so dumb, why does everything seem to work out for him? It gets pretty annoying when everything bad happens to MA.
 

Muchisimas gracias! I agree; Diego is very sweet. Although I did find it impressive that Leo and Frida didn't even think about being rich again until Diego mentioned it. They have come a long way. It was funny when Leo kept moving Diego out of the way of his pompous swanning, but I feel bad for him. Leo didn't even say anything about whether he was going to leave him behind when he gets his old lifestyle back. Couldn't Leo see that Diego was worried and reassure him?

I thought Guendy got the best lines of the night. I loved when she asked San Antonio for a "novio bien yabbadabbadoo, y si es guapo, mejor!" Also loved her describing her relationship with Nepo as "past preterite".

NOW will Don Chuy rethink whether he should enable Ana Sofia's drinking? She nearly died!

Not at all impressed by how readily Tizoc ditched Frida without even thinking about it or apologizing, after he had just said he'd stay there at the hospital with her. Smart girl, too, to be suspicious of how he got to that success so fast, and doing stuff that is not his style at all.

Where did Vilma even get those little-kid fuzzy sleeper pajamas? That was hilarious. And now she will get to wear them for days on end, I imagine, in typical telenovela jail fashion. At least she'll be warmer than the telenovela ladies who are unfortunate enough to be arrested while wearing little stripper getups and the like. Remember Blanca in Cuidado Con El Angel? She was in a dank jail for SO LONG and wearing only a skimpy thin little nurse costume. Every time Juan Miguel visited her I yelled at him that he should have brought her a sweat suit and some warm socks.
 

Sigh, I foresee Lupe marrying Ahole. I think that's what those cuts before commercials where she's sporting a different look and looking sad are.
 

Minerva was funny, but she's getting dangerously close to SHUTUPDORIS territory with her annoyingly screechy and loud voice. Dial it back a notch, please, Ingrid!
 

Anonymous... as much as i want to say Lupe is ABOVE succumbing to that kind of pressure (if A-hole manages to blackmail her into marrying him because some issue with Emiliano or kicking the Menchacas out of the house...) I want to keep my hopes up that she will not accept MA for a long time, but she will also keep rejecting A-hole as she has done so far. She can't forgive and forget the hummilliations he has subjected her to... for her own sake, say it isn't so (that she will give in and marry A-hole). two wrongs can't make a right.
 

Anonymous 2:03, I had forgotten about SHUTUPDORIS! What a hoot!

Jarifa
 

Marta and Anon, I sure hope Lupita does not marry Alejo but if the well being of don Chuy and the family are put into jeopardy I don't think she will hesitate.

And this is a comedy! Does anyone know if there are any telenovela comedies that don't get all heavy and serious after a while or is that just the predetermined formula for the genre?

Jarifa
 

Thanks so much for the recap Jane. I'm kind of avoiding/FF through this until the shoe has dropped and the duping of Lupe is over. I am very annoyed that Alejo and Mini seem to be winning here and the "bumpers" don't help.

Jarifa, in my experience, tn comedies can get very dark, very quickly. I hope this doesn't but if the past is a gauge, things could get messy.
 

Thank you thank you Jane! I watched a lot of this episode peeking through my hands over my eyes. It's getting harder and harder to watch!

Well, I'll admit I was way wrong about the danger of AS's drinking, as well as the nature of her secret. On the other hand, I was expecting her to have a medical crisis a long time ago (like when she took the happy pills with alcohol). I figured if she could survive all of that, then a night of pulque would be harmless. As Ana Sofia would say, "oops..."

So... do we know any maids who are old enough to be AS's mother?

I haven't given up hope on Nepo + Mini as a couple someday. (A dysfunctional company, admittedly.) He wants a "trophy" wife and Mini considers herself a "trophy." They probably won't be happy together, but they'll get what they deserve.

Gobluefan: there are a lot of animals that aren't very smart, but still manage to catch enough prey to survive for a long time. And, Vilma and Beto give Ahole a lot of assistance. His own tactics are so ludicrously amoral and underhanded that you can't blame people for underestimating his depravity.

Julia, I saw jammies like Vilma's at Kmart shortly before Christmas. Just in case you want fuzzy pink footy pajamas this winter. :-)
 

I like the idea of Nepo and Minerva ending up dysfunctionally ever after, too. They can have a long and happily mutually oblivious and self-absorbed marriage.

I still think Guendy and Saul should get together. He is at the very least not indifferent to her.

And more and more I am wanting Frida to ditch Tizoc and go for Tomas.

I like this new storyline twist AS's secret has introduced. Her mother has to show up at some point, right? Or at least some news of her mother, or some other relatives? I think everyone we currently know is too young. How old is Doña Queta? Could she have been a young maid for an Italian businessman back in the day?
 

I thought Guendy told Saul he wasn't her type... but since it turns out that "her type" is a jerk, maybe she'll be more open to exploring another type.

Frida and Tomas? I don't mind Frida with Tizoc, but Tomas with Perla seems ridiculous to me, so better Tomas with Frida. But then who does Tizoc end up with?

I didn't even think of Bambi's aunt for AS's mother. That's a good guess. Honestly, I don't know if we'll ever find out who she is, nor Diego's mother for that matter, but since this is a comedy it would be neat if they all turned out to be people we know.
 

I think Tizoc can live his rock star lifestyle for a decade or two and settle down with some unknown person long after our story is over. Sometimes I like Tizoc a lot, and sometimes I think Frida would be better off without him. He can be so judgmental and selfish sometimes.

When did Guendy say that Saul is not her type? I only remember her really interacting with him when she still thought he was gay.
 

How about Perla with Beto?
 

Oh... maybe she told him he wasn't her type on the same night she colored his hair. Hmm.

Beto? Isn't he too old for Perla? (Is that ever an issue in a TN??) The only unattached young man I can think of is Tato, and somehow that match doesn't seem plausible. But that only makes it funnier, right?
 

Beto is definitely too old for Perla, but that never seems to be an issue in these shows, and it would be funny. But I also think Perla with Tato would be funny. How would he reconcile his lust for her with his social insecurity and his proclaimed disdain for nacos? How would she fit in to his country club life, with her airheaded airs? COMEDY.
 

On a different note, why do all the characters keep mentioning Justin Bieber as if a comparison to him is a good thing? Is one of the writers a Belieber?

Related, my company does fundraisers every summer for Food Lifeline and this is one of this year's, per the email:
Ongoing Event: (7/11 to 7/25)

• Pass the Singing Justin Bieber!!
o Pay $5 to send a life-sized Bieber cutout to someone’s cube, $5 to get rid of the Biebs and pass him along, or $20 for Biebs Insurance which is good for 1 week (can’t be placed in your cube for 5 work days)! It must be there long enough for a photo and one classic Beiber song!
o If you would like to move the Beibs, please pay your team captain!

 

Güendy went out with Saul once she knew he wasn't gay (she knew Lupita and MA were a thing) and he was very insistent that she give him a shot, but she plainly told him she wasn't into him. This was at a restaurant over dinner.
 

oh that's right, the curly hair guy A-hole had crash his car on Saul was Beto (his driver)... forgot to say that earlier.
 

Oh, that's right. I had forgotten about that date Guendy and Saul went on. I don't think she even gave him a chance or got to know him, though, since she was still determined to have Nepo. Maybe she would reconsider if she gave up on Nepo.
 

Hi all!

I agree and also hated the way Tizoc just brush off Frida when he got a call from his manager (or whatever he is). I could understand that Tizoc is under contract and would not have a choice, but I would have liked to have seen so attempt to get out of this commitment to be with Frida. Iguess Tizoc had a “Tay” moment (pronounced “tie”).

Frida is questioning how Tizoc got successful so fast, but when I really think about it, exactly how has he become successful? So far I have not seen Tizoc benefit in any way, aside from learning how to use industrial strength makeup remover. I still get the feeling that he is being conned and his manager has no intention of ever getting my money to him, especially having Alejo behind this too. He is carefully setting up his chess pieces to attack Lupita from every angle in a schmuck and awe campaign.

Lupita marry Alejo the Hun? Of course she will!! What fun would the story be if she did not? So far Alejo has gotten away with everything, including an inflated ego; what is to stop him from getting away with this? Now with MA’s letter floating around in the wrong hands we can expect something dastardly from Alejo and possibly Minerva. Mini already cited certain key phrases from the letter when she declared and this had an impact on Lupita so I would expect Mini to play that card again when she gets the chance. I just hope that when Lupita succumbs to Alejo’s evil it is for something else than to spite MA.

Marta Ivett, I agree with you, just by watching the latest episode I got this sick feeling in my stomach. There is a storm approaching, an evil that this way comes.

I also thought about Mister Chuy having a drinking session with Ana Chofis was a *really bad idea*. Will this change her? Will it at least make her think? Who knows, maybe her neurons ar too intoxicated to work right.

 

Schmuck and awe campaign! Good one!
 

I could not get myself to watch directly last night... I knew that Mini would pull every phrase in that letter and twist it to her own purposes... and poor Lupita was under sheer torture from both sides (Mini and A-hole twisting the knife saying MA always played with her yada yada). I was watching middle episodes of La Pola on my tablet to update my copy of the recaps where I knew it needed a bit of tweaking...
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder