Friday, September 19, 2014

La Gata #15- Fri 9/19 - La Liberación

Here it is folks! Recap is below the page break. I had trouble deciding on a title (La Caída? La Operación? La Pelea?) I even thought about using the title La Frustración to reflect my feelings tonight. I like those crazy kids Pablo Pan and Esmeralda so much and dagnabit they can't seem to get it together! Why is Pablo talking to Monica like he's in a position to start another relationship? You're married!!! Why are the writers forgetting that it's 2014? Surely there are ELECTRONIC copies of marriage certificates? Who cares if Mariano has a paper copy?

Ultimately, I decided on the event that made me really happy. El Silencioso is free and ready to exact some revenge. Hurry up, Fernando "El Silencioso" de la Cruz. Your family needs you! Gringo, David and I are smelting ores and making anvils. We will give them to you for FREE. Just drop them on Rita, Ugh-ie (can't remember who started this one, but kudos) and Lorenza.

Esme falls off the truck. The boss comes running and tells her he's going to take her to the hospital. He also tells her that when she gets out of the hospital she should just go home. As much as he wants to help her, he's going to have to dismiss her.

Pablo Pan draws pictures in the park. A buddy comes by and is impressed by Pablo's sketch. It's Esmeralda. Henry (the buddy) comment that Pablo's art therapy doesn't seem to be helping. Pablo agrees. He just can't get Esmeralda out of his heart. "And Monica?" Henry asks. "Lately you two have been talking daily." Pablo thinks Monica is a unique girl. He wants to love her like she deserves. "Meh. Who knows, maybe I'll manage to do that." he sighs. You're married, Pablo Pan! Don't you remember?

Jarocha is with Esme at the hospital. Her heart just about jumped out of her chest when she heard Esme had fallen off the truck. Esme tells her the real tragedy was losing her job. The Dr. comes to examine Esme. He orders an ultrasound ASAP and Esme thinks about her wedding night with Pablo. It was the happiest day of her life. That night, Pablo wondered if she regretted it and she swore she didn't. He explained again that his leaving was only so he could work for their future. He never wants to disappoint her. He wants her to trust him. No one--not his mother or Doña Rita will tear them apart. (Oy vey, that makes this week's episodes even more frustrating.) Back to the present, the doctor wonders why she's crying. She explains about the baby daddy forgetting her. The Stock Doc ( 'cause seriously, I've only ever seen this actor playing a doctor) excuses himself to talk to Jarocha (um? Why not Esme?) Esme tells her panza that if anything had happened, she never would have forgiven herself. Since the baby daddy is gone, the baby will be her only companion. She'll make sure nothing bad happens.

Meanwhile, Jarocha is distressed at the news the doctor has just delivered (to which we are not privy.) Esme is in a severe nervous state, and he would prefer that Jarocha not tell Esme the news...at least not until the end of the pregnancy. Whatever it is, it's inevitable. Jarocha laments Esme's luck.

Ah! Luckily we don't have to wait long to find out. Jarocha tells Meche that Esme is having twins!!!

The prison director has called for El Silencioso. The PI still hasn't come back, so the director has contacted Licenciado Ozorio, a lawyer to help El Silencioso find his long lost daughter. El Silencioso explains that his daughter would be about 20 if she's still alive. She was only a few months old when he was taken to prison. His wife died while he was in prison and the baby was left in the care of a woman. Lic Ozorio asks who. The baby was left with Rita. Doña Rita.

Meche and Jarocha wonder how they are going to manage to get two of everything. Jarocha reminds Meche not to tell Esme. It could cause problems with the pregnancy. They kvetch about Pablo Pan.

El Silencioso is sure that his daughter's name was changed. He and his wife had thought about baptizing her Renata de la Santa Cruz, but after his imprisonment that name was probably not safe. Lic Ozorio assures El Silencioso that he has the best PIs in the city working for him. If his daughter can be found, they will find her. El Silencioso monolgues about how nice it would be to be able to see his daughter again and hug her etc. etc. etc.

Damian tells his mom about Fernando de la Santa Cruz. He has the feeling that the man is going to be very important in their lives. He lost his wife and child and was falsely accused. Meche is not real happy about her son helping a murderer, but Damian reminds her that Fernando was the man that got Damian out of prison. He owes him. It's odd, but Damian feels like he's known Fernando de Santa Cruz forever. Even more odd, the man's looks and mannerisms remind him a little bit of Esmeralda!

The prison director informs El Silencioso that his pardon has been granted. Woot!!

Augustin (Ugh-ie) is has also been informed. His goose is cooked.

El Silencioso can hardly believe it. After 20 years, three months and 18 days, He's free! The director congratulates him and tells him that Damian is waiting for him! He can help him make the transition to freedom.

El Silencioso has shaved and dressed in street clothes. He leaves the prison with a spring in his step. (This was my favorite scene of the night!!)

Damian is waiting for him and is ready to get to work. Fernando is thrilled to be free! They take a tour of the city.

Ughie has chest pains. Good. He's glad he relocated to different offices. (I think that's what they were talking about? If anyone understood it better, please chime in.) Their conversation is interrupted by Mariano. He's found the record of Pablo and Esmeralda's marriage. This please Ughie. It will make it easier to get it annulled. Oh my dog I hate these people.

Oh and if that weren't frustrating enough, Pablo Pan is skyping with Monica. Blech and double Blech, He's so grateful for her support. He doesn't know what he would have done without her. Gawd I think I'm gonna hurl. He whines about not being able to choose who you fall in love with. What a pity he can't seem to fall for Monica. She dismisses his despair; there's still time and his feelings for her can grow (get some dignity and move on, girlfriend!) He whines about having been mistaken about falling in love with Esmeralda, but he's going to do everything he can to love Monica the way she deserves.  Yes, folks. He's still married so this conversation is all kinds of pissing me off (sorry, I don't know a more genteel way of putting it and after David's vocabulary lesson I don't want to used "pithing")

Lorenza feels as if God has answered her prayers. Mariano doesn't think God had anything to do with cochinadas (dirty tricks) that his parents have been pulling. There's still hope for you Mariano. Run! Get out of that house! Lorenza is ready for Pablo to come home. He's forgotten about Esme and is already moving on with Monica, but Ughie doesn't think they should jump the gun. He doesn't want his carefully laid plan to fall apart. He wants Pablo to stay gone until he is sure his son won't fall into Esmeralda's web again.

Meche shows Esme the fabric she's going to use to make two shirts for the baby. Esme wonders why everyone is giving her two of everything. Meche plays it off like baby's just need a lot. Esme is thankful to everyone. She's going to go looking  for something to make a crib. Esme has mad decoupage skills. She tell the baby about all the support she has. They won't lack anything. Principe grooms himself.

Esme and Pablo prayer and mistaken identity montage.

Esme returns to shack. She takes stock of all the baby items (and I am amazed Principe does NOT jump on the pile of folded clothes. My cats could learn a thing or two from him.)

Pablo returns to his posh apartment. He looks at a picture of Esemralda and weeps. Daniel Arenas has gorgeous eyelashes.

Esme's contractions begin.

Jarocha asks El Italiano for dinero. Only after she gets it does she tell him it's for La Gata. He yells, but Jarocha runs off and heads for Rita's shack where Meche is helping Esme. Rita just fiddles with her cards and looks on, unconcerned (I've got an anvil with your name on it, you skull-faced wench.) Emse asks Doña Rita to pray for her and forgive her. Rita doesn't say a work (Grrr.)

Pablo tries to study, but it's a waste. His buddy Henry says so. Pablo can't stop thinking about her. I am wildly distracted by the painting behind him. It's fascinating....

Anyhoo...Pablo tells Henry that he and Esme promised to think about each other at the same day every day. He really thought Esme loved him. And know his stubborn father won't let him come back to Mexico. Henry thinks dad has the right idea. Pablo has a dear John email and his brother told him the girl was done with him. Pablo even when to Mexico and was told she was with someone else. Was does he still doubt? He tells Pablo he's headed for the club. Pablo is a downer, but Henry is ready for some fun! Pablo picks up Esme's picture and flashes back. He didn't want to leave, but he had so much faith in their future. How could she betray him?

Esme is in labor and wonders why Pablo abandoned her.

Pablo awakes with a start.

The Doctor wants to do a C-section. Emseralda is afraid. They anesthetize her.

Esme awakes from anesthesia. The nurse tells her that her boy and girl twins are fine. Esme realizes why everyone gave her two of everything. She wants to see the babies. Jarocha is in the nursery and the babies are cuties!!

Ughie and Lorenza breakfast in the garden. She complains about the cats that woke her up with their meowing. Their meows reminded her of that La Gata. I'm sure their appearance is supposed to be construed as A SIGN. There were two. A black one and a white one. Ughie tells the maid to get rid of them. Drown them or whatever (oooo, Ughie. I'm making an extra special anvil for your cat hating azz.) Veronica feels bad for the kitties. She's got someone to give them to. She talks about them being orphans separated from their mother. Lorenza criticizes Veronica for talking about the cats as if they were human children. Veronica reminds her that the same thing happens to children all the time. Lorenza just wants the cats out of her house! She dismisses the staff.

Damian brings a flower to Esme. Meche is there, too. They discuss names. Eseme is going to name the boy Pablo, but she's not going to name the girl Esmeralda. Jarocha says her name is Leticia. Meche and Damian are aghast. Jarocha tells them that yes, she does have a first name (nombre de pila) AND a last name, thank you very much. Esme likes the name Leticia. That's what she'll name the girl. Jarocha is touched.

Jarocha heads for La Mansión and she is furious. She demands to see Lorenza and the maid is not going to lie to her (no me va a hacer de chivos los tamales A very loose translation.) Jarocha threatens to throw a big ol' fit if the lady of the house won't see her. And if the lady won't see her, then the man of the house...even if he doesn't have anything (??? What was that supposed to mean?) '

Jarocha is still yelling and insulting the maid as we return from the commercial break. Lorenza finally comes out. Jarocha throws some insults at her, too (among them mitotera--metiche.) Lorenza agrees to see Jarocha inside. Jarocha tell her about the twins and asks Lorenza to help support them. Lorenza tells her that to her knowledge, she has no married children. Jarocha reminds her about the marriage certificate that Esme tried to show her and that Lorenza tore up. Jarocha promises she'll show her a copy. Lorenza asks if she's sure she'll be able to do that. Jarocha worries the children will die of hunger without Lorenza's help.

Esme holds her babies. She worries is she's holding them right. The nurse assures her that she is. She tells Esme how defenseless the babies and Esme tells her she's all they have.

Lorenza thinks Jarocha is nuts. Lorenza has no grandchildren. Lorenza doesn't think the kids are related to her. She thinks Jarocha or La Gata are just trying to blackmail her. Jarocha says La Gata has more deceny in her fingernail than Lorenza and her family have in their whole bodies. Lorenza doesn't think having illegitimate children is very decent. Lorenza threatens to call the police and a barrage of classist dialogue ensues. Blergh. Lorenza threatens to throw Jarocha out of the house and Jarocha starts yelling at the maid and AAAAAAARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My recording cut off! Damn you Univison!! I know the punch was thrown since I watched it last night.

Ugh. Can someone fill in? Sorry. :-(

Previous: Episode 14
Next: Episode 16

Labels:


Comments:
Wow, I never realized how much Daniel Arenas and young Michael Schoeffling favor each other.
 

Question---Is there a reason that La Gata isn't listed on the sidebar. It team Caray too busy or did it just get left off by mistake?
the gringo
 

Gringo, it's true the sidebar hasn't quite caught up with the current roster of TNs. At the end of the last recap you'll see a "label Gata" link. If you click on "Gata," you'll have all the Gata recaps together in order.
 

Thanks La Paloma for the sidebar answer.

I forgot to mention about Thursday's episode. I knew, I don't know how I knew but I kept telling Gata to keep that marriage license at arms length from the bruja. She didn't listen to me and of course the old battle ax bruja grabbed it and tore it up.

Well I guess that it doesn't matter because in the advances for Monday it showed that the marriage was illegal or annulled.
Will read the recap as soon as I can Saturday.

Jarocha smacked bruja Lorenza a good one. I would have liked to have seen Lorenza's fancy pearl necklace snapped and the pearls scattered all over the floor. That would have been frosting on the cake but alas it didn't happen

Contrasts---I love the contrasts that we are presented with here. Mansion--shack designer clothes--
rags New York--La Barranca giant
cathedral--humble chapel etc.

I knew that we were going to see more of Monica. She wasn't introduced to us for just a couple of episodes. Remember on Thursday night when Esme showed
Lorenza the marriage certificate
and the Bruja said that it was fake and besides, her Pablo WILL be marrying Monica. Well tonight we had Pablo and Monica together via Skype---I hated it.
the gringo






 

Yah Gringo that was a bummer. Esme needs one of those "Email for Dummies" books.

Seeing El Silencioso walk out of jail was finally a little point of light. And remember, he is rich now, right? Hooray!

By the way the nasty maid of Lorenza has the ugliest uniform I have ever seen.
J in Oregon
 

The recap is up and I'm highly upset. My recording cut off. I am not happy with univision scheduling this to run a little over.

I'm really sorry.

"Jarocha smacked bruja Lorenza a good one. I would have liked to have seen Lorenza's fancy pearl necklace snapped and the pearls scattered all over the floor. That would have been frosting on the cake but alas it didn't happen

That would have been GREAT, gringo!!

J in Oregon-- I'm with you on El Silencioso's freedom! I was happy for this little bit of happiness. I like that Damian is becoming a little more relevant. Now if we could just get rid of Rita.
 

I agree J. a bummer indeed. Seeing
the invalid marriage license at last nights end of show really set me off. That marriage license stamped invalid was the first thing that flashed through my mind when I woke this morning. That's enough to ruin, turn your morning coffee bitter.

Is the marriage really invalid? Rich people can have most any document doctored, so I'm not sure
In any case, Pablo will believe it because after all his parents wouldn't lie to him.

Now with the marriage annulled or declared invalid the door is once again open for Monica to walk through--sorry grace, you don't have a chance.

Maybe I shouldn't dislike Monica,
in all possibility she isn't a bad person but I just don't want to see her or her fake blonde hair. Monica please stay home. I don't want to be loosing sleep thinking about a Pablo/Monica marriage or even worse, a Pablo/Monica marriage with a bun in the oven. NO, NO, NO, don't do that PLEASE NO! I don't want to see Maite cry.

Silencioso/Damian---Please hurry before things spin out of control.

Sara---I don't think that David would mind not making a profit on our anvil productions. As for me,
I am willing to give them out to anyone who will put them to a good and proper use.

J in Oregon---Didn't pay much attention to the maids uniform, I have been checking out Bruja's fine designer clothes and jewelry.
Vero the cook has some nice fashions also---the maid, she's so bad I have tried not to look at her.
the gringo

 

Sorry that I can't help you with the ending Sara but I'm sure someone will. Univision messes with timing a lot. I remember during La Que No Podia Amar, Uni often would run way over. I think once it was around eighteen minutes over. I can't ever remember that happening on an American station.

Looks like this might be a long separation. No, Esme doesn't have an email book to help her find how to get in contact with Pablo.
If your email address gets hacked or changed, what do you do? Esme doesn't know his New York mailing address. How long will he be in school in New York?

Monica must be licking her chops ready to move in and keep Pablo from becoming a lonely boy.

I liked the painting that Pablo had of Esme.

A morning laugh---The cats that remind bruja of El Gata woke her up with their meowing. Oh poor bruja.
Drown them. WHAT!!!!! You EVIL rich bastard. I can't wait until Silencioso goes to work on you.

Another morning laugh. Thank you Sara for Rita you skull faced wench.

Got things to do but will be thinking about La Gata all day.
the gringo


 

Thanks for all the details, Sara. I missed the first few minutes, but am happy Esme had no dire consequences from the fall. Looks like she carried to term and had an OK delivery. (I had C section twins, too.)

The best parts were Silencio and Damian reuniting outside the prison and Jarocha attacking Lorenza. The worst part was how easily puerile Pablo is giving up on his marriage.
 

gringo- I hope you and David can forgive me. I am a humble line worker and I had no right to speak for the president and CEO of Anvils R Us and give away the merchandise. I was caught up in my anger.

La Paloma-wow! C-section and twins. I don't think I would have the strength or stamina for that! I was glad our Miss Kitty was not terribly harmed during her fall. I agree with her comment about the worst tragedy being the loss of her job. I'm really worried about she and the babies are going to make it.

Thank goodness Fernando the character formerly known as El Silencioso is free and looking for his daughter!!
 

Sara, the twins just turned 33. I was younger and stronger in those days.
I would like to see La Gata get her babies to a cleaner and safer environment. Hoping that someone will help her.

 

La Paloma-Yes, I guess there is a lot more we could do in our younger days. My one just turned 26. My labor with her was 36 hours (maybe I should have had a c-section!) I did it then, but I sure couldn't do it now.

I had the same thought about sanitation last night I can't imagine going back to live in the garbage heap/landfill after having any kind of surgery. And besides that, there is no way Rita is going to help her take care of those babies!
 

Oh, gringo- I also forgot to say that I find myself thinking about this show a lot too. And I probably let it it affect my mood too much. I am really bummed that it looks like the marriage is going to be annulled. :-(
 

a fine job Sara

"The Stock Doc ('cause seriously, I've only ever seen this actor playing a doctor)"

Esmeralda is not alone and fortunate her children will have Damian as a male figure in their life instead of Pablo Pan.

Monica - is there a Shut Up Doris in there

Lorenza - what good is razorwire if you keep opening the gate

Jarocha - Don King needs to promote the rematch

Meatball - First National Meatball Bank

Fernando - "Round round get around
I get around"

Esmeralda - whew, glad Doc shut that door before more got out

 

tofie-I couldn't agree more about Damian being a good male role model. I absolutely love him. Maybe he can be a role model for Pablo Pan, too.


 

This one is kinda weird for me because I cannot make my head believe Pablo worthy, I don't dislike him but apathetic. Other than he has good hair and rich parents he is just a boring college boy in a big city. I just hope he does something that convinces me he should even be in the show because I'm much more interested in the growth of Esmeralda (without Pablo) and Damian (bet when he reaches his stride gonna be a pistol), heck there is more personality and intrigue in Mariano.

 

Thanks, Sara. This show has become so frustrating, but then..wing n Elsa, we all knew tat to would.

Loran tea can take a punch..who knew ? Her wardrobe has a definite formula...expensive blouse or a rank and blouse, heels, and a big choker necklace..done.
 

tofie- I understand! I really am enjoying this show, but it's more because of Esme, Damian, El Silencioso, Fela and Jarocha. Pablo is nice to look at though. I enjoy Mariano as well. I'm interested in seeing how he plays out.

Not to mention Virginia and Carrrlos. She needs to come home.

Susanlynn - I am frustrated too! I think I need something good to happen for Esme.
 

Another thought- while Pablo Pan may not be worthy he seems to make Esme happy and most of all I want Esme happy.

I'm also hoping that part of Fernando's revenge will spill over to Pablo when he discovers the humiliations Esme had to endure because of the impotent Pablo.

Maybe this will be the show where the male that did not behave at all like a galan will have to humble himself and really win the love of his lady.
 

I have total confidence in Esmeralda, no matter what is thrown at her she will wipe her tears and smile. Yes, she was bed ridden for a day for being heartbroken but the girl didn't want sympathy, just a chance, willing to work and knows nothing comes without effort. Pablo should be glad he had a chance when she knew nothing else cause if she ever chooses to be with some man in the future he will have a more worthy opponent than an old greasy meatball. Heck, Henry has good hair too.
 

I also thought Fernando may go after Pablo Pan with a shotgun but immediately thought of Virginia and wondered how deeply the revenge thing would cut. Is it those that directly wronged Fernando and his child or extend to the whole family.

Agree, Pablo better start with some starch in his shorts and better rock the art and or literary world and open an animal shelter for strays to be remotely worthy.
 

Funny tofie because I wrote my comment I also thought of Virginia. Sadly, I'm afraid that Fernando is going to be so blinded by revenge that it won't matter who gets in his way.
 

Gracias, Sara! This was a nail-biter of an episode! I was yelling at the TV the entire time, about plenty of stuff that you already covered in the recap. I'm annoyed by all the same things--Pablo acting like he's not actually MARRIED being foremost among them. I also hated how he says "nothing" will separate him during the flashback, after they've just shown us that it really didn't take much.

All this time waiting for Silencioso to get out and get his revenge and we get the victory walk out the front of the prison and then...nada. Come on, man! You said "revenge"! Get to it already! Your daughter and your grandbabies need you!

I want Jarocha to be my bestie and we can braid each other's hair while we swear like sailors!

What Jarocha said to the nosy maid about Augie was that if the "lady" of the house wasn't in, she'd gladly speak to the "gentleman" (señor), though he has nothing of the gentleman about him.


I'll be back for more later. Got another concert tonight and I have to go get pretty. In the meantime, I leave you with the end of the episode...

Yes, Jarocha gave Lorenza the big punch that was featured in the previews. Then she says she's leaving because they make her sick and sticks her tongue out at Lorenza and the nosy maid. The punch was satisfying, but sticking her tongue out like that was icing on the cake!

Gata feeds the babies and baby Pablo eats more than his sister Leti. Ummmm...he's taking after his dad already? (OK, I feel bad for harping on Pablo like that, but seriously...the show added that detail! I can't just ignore it!)

Lorenza, not liking that she didn't get the last word, follows Jarocha out to the stairs to call her "maldita, pelada, chusma" and if sticking out her tongue was the icing on the cake, this next little moment was like the whipped cream and cherry on top. Jarocha doesn't say a word, just turns around and takes a step back up the stairs towards Lorenza...and Lorenza takes a step back. Jarocha continues down the stairs, head high, while Lorenza looks like she wants to cry. Couldn't have happened to a nicer lady :D
 

Thanks for filling in the end, Kat! I hope you knock 'em dead at the concert and I suspect you are always pretty!
 

More Gata thoughts.

Total confidence in Esmeralda? Me too. Unlike Pablo who has led an easy life. His every want and need have been given to him by his parents. Esmeralda on the other hand has come up from the school of hard knocks, she's had conditioning. Come what may, she'll do ok. Pablo, not so sure.

Pablo isn't worthy? Aren't all galans pretty much like that at least until the final few episodes when they take the blinders off and get their head screwed on strait?

Why are you guys talking about going after Virginia as part of the revenge? It's never gonna happen. Virginia has a heart of gold and besides, she doesn't side with her parents. When all of the dust has cleared, Virginia will be just fine. And I'll take that prediction and deposit it in
the First National Meatball Bank of Mexico.
the gringo

 

Oh I'm sure Virginia will be fine in the end! I'm just wondering if Fernando is going to slow down enough to think before he goes after Mr and Mrs Lorenza. Will he stick to just them or will he go after their kids, too?


 

Been meaning to comment on the novela for some time now. I'm glad that everyone is enjoying it.

I started watching it online, and stopped by episode fifty-something, as I got bored with it.

Since the site is spoiler free, I won't elaborate on why, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

I hope that you all keep on enjoying it. I'll probably comment when the novela ends here in the States, after watching the finale.

I don't know what novela to watch now. The one succeeding this one in Mexico doesn't appeal to me. So I'll probably have to wait awhile before anything good comes along that gets my attention.

God Bless!

GS
 

I agree that Pablo is a poor excuse for a husband. He dilly-dallies in another country while believing untrue stories about his wife? Right now he is not worthy of Esmeralda OR Principe.

Mariano has potential to become an interesting character. Also Damian, are they setting him up to fall in love with Esme? Also liking Fernando now that he is not straining his soup thru his moustache. I did enjoy his taxi tour of DF with Damian, soaking up all that he has missed in 20 years. We can only hope that his private detective has been busy finding a lady known only as "Dona Rita".

J in Oregon
 

Right now he is not worthy of Esmeralda OR Principe.

That made my day! I agree, whoever wants Esme they better be Príncipe approved!
 

Golden Sunflowers- Oh I hate to hear you got bored with it. Thanks for not spoiling it for us, though. I know I really appreciate it.

I also hope you will stick around and comment more often. Maybe it won't be as boring if your watching with others? I know when I have lost interest in other shows, I've still enjoyed the comments, snark and patio entertainments.

(PS: have you tried out La Malquerida or Reina de Corazones? I'm really enjoying those shows, too.)
 

When Vero was talking about the kittens (and wow! Vero had lines!), Mr 5ft's response was "Cool! Principe can have minions now!" If anyone can teach them to survive, it's Principe.

I'm surprised that after all the times Fernando said "I'm going to tell you my story" to Damian, he never seemed to get past the part where his name is Fernando de la Santa Cruz. I know his nickname is "Silencioso," but come on, dude! Suelta la sopa already! Damian is supposed to be his bro, his dude, his cuate, his hombre de confianza...tell him about Dona Rita! Tell him about Agustin Negrete being the one who had you thrown in jail! I'm baffled by this behavior...which I suppose comes from the faulty beliefs of whoever decides how to pace things that if people actually talk, share information, and clear up misconceptions, there won't be any drama. I wish they'd trust themselves more...there's plenty of drama in Fernando's situation without having to further complicate things with people not talking. Augie and Lorenza are doing a fantastic job of mucking things up without the "good guys" helping them along.
 

"Principe has minions"

YESSS!!! Love it!

Yeah, I'm scratching my head about El Silencioso managing to keep Ughie and Dona Rita's name out of this.
 

Big shout-out to Mr 5ft, he walks in and sifts out the most important facts within a few seconds...plus I can tell he is a Principe fan!!!
J in Oregon
(Now starting a Principe fan table on the patio, catbox optional)
 

I know! It's like he got out of prison and decided to go visit a spa for a few months before he gets the "revenge" going.

Everybody is so tied together they have to not talk to each other, or in the case of Rita and Fela look at each other, so all the secrets don't come out, but that ends up seeming so unrealistic! By now Damian should have said enough to Fernando about himself, even if Fernando never did tell his "whole story," that even if Fernando didn't realize Esme's his daughter, he would want to help her, just for the sake of sticking it to his enemy. "Oh, you want to screw over this innocent girl like you did to me? Well, guess what--I won't let you!"

While I'm picking on unrealistic things...is Pablo really so self-centered that in all his pain he still hasn't noticed or cared that his sister wasn't at home?

Also, I have a suspicion about Mariano. His willingness to go along with what his parents want and stay on their good side makes me wonder what he's hiding. I'm starting to think he's keeping his head down, not because he agrees with them, but because he has something to lose. Maybe he has a relationship with someone "unsuitable." Or a side career or something.
 

J in Oregon - I love the idea of a Príncipe table. I'll resist catnip jokes for now but we may have to break them out when we start wondering about what the writers are doing.

Actually, we may have to go ahead and start accusing them of getting into Príncipe's nip because Kat has brought up some excellent points about how close everyone is and yet everyone is still in the dark.

Kat- as if I weren't intrigued enough by Mariano you plant another little kernel of "what if/maybe".
 

Yeah. I'm going to start decorating my beanie for this show. Lol. (Confession - I really enjoy beanie shows.)
 

Thanks so much Sara. Your terrific recap really satisfied my novela addiction.

This storyline seems to have developed rapidly. It's like we already know the whole plot and now it's just a matter of tying up the loose ends. Hope I'm wrong as that could prove a little boring.

I was also screaming at my TV when Esme was losing her footage. Was so relieved that she and the babies are fine. My guesses and predictions are always wrong but I'm hoping that Silencio gets reunited right away with Esmie and his wife and his grands and provides them the lifestyle they deserve during the time Esme and Pablo are separated. I'm going to be very disappointed if Esme has to raise the babies in the dump during the wait.

Speaking of the wait .... Pablo's parents think Esme is not good enough for Pablo. Viewersville feels just the opposite that Pablo is not worthy of Esme. Esme and Pablo feel worthy of each other. In the long run, that's what's important.

 

I'm happy to be your enabler, Sue!

It does seem like things are moving very quickly. I hope that if we hit some doldrums, we can get through it together with grace and snark. Lol

Does anyone know anything about the Venezuelan or the Mexican version from the 70's? I would like to know how many episodes there were. If we're talking 60 or 70 that still could mean a lot of filler for this version even though this one is short (at least compared to a lot of recent productions.)
 

Sarah---However wants Esme they better be Principe approved. That's the gold star line of the day.

Diva---Pablo was probably told that his sister is in Italy.

Diva---Tell us about your concert?

Golden Sunflowers---Bored? Not me,
never. When people were bailing out of CI by the droves, I was right there every night. The same will hold true here. Maite Perroni
as Cinderella will never get boring. For the ladies, will Daniel Arenas? He shouldn't.
the gringo
 

gringo...I was singing Carmina Burana tonight. I sing with the Phoenix Symphony Chorus. This is opening weekend with our new mastro Tito. We had a concert last night and tonight, and then tomorrow we sing in Prescott which is about an hour and a half away. And then I'll get a little bit of a breather. I hope!

Bored with Daniel Arenas or Maite...nah. Annoyed or frustrated, for sure! But I don't think either of them could be boring. They have too much spark individually, let alone when they're together. So I hope they're together again soon, even if they're not happy with each other!

Sue, I would have though that it would be very quick to have Fernando reunited with the whole family now that he knows Damian. They'd better hurry up with that! I do not want to see those babies in the shack with Rita and Ines spewing nastiness at them all the time!

Sara, I sincerely hope they've put at least as much thought into Mariano as I have. I think I'm bothered by not knowing whether he's on Team Good or Team Evil! Pick a side, Mariano! Hint...don't pick Team Evil.

J, Mr. 5ft is definitely a Principe fan! I hope there are some plot developments in store for Principe. It would be a waste of his talent to keep him in the background.
 

Sounds like you've had a busy weekend, Kat! Hope you can get a little rest tomorrow!

I am not bored with Daniel and Maite, either. They really do sparkle together and that's part of my frustration. I am wanting the FPS and I want it now! The last time I felt this way about a couple was with STuD. I've enjoyed other couples, but not as much as these two right now. I did like Ana Paula and Rogelio and I would have stuck with the show if they hadn't moved the time slot and if I hadn't hated Cynthia and Vanesa so much.

Anyhoo the frustration I feel with the show is (hopefully) exactly what the writers intended. They want us to root for Pablo Pan and Esme and feel anger at the forces keeping them apart. Well, I am. (they've messed up with Pablo though cause he's really coming off looking like a dunderhead.)

gringo - I so enjoy watching shows with you. Your enthusiastic and loyal comments are fun. I wasn't with you on CI (I bailed), but I am here to the end. I love Maite too much to desert her! (do you hear that Pablo?)
 

I too think the writers messed up a bit with Pablo Pan or perhaps I didn't quite understand why Pablo didn't help her more. Virgina was helping the poor and wished Pablo had brought Esmeralda some kitchen scraps from time to time. Also, he doesn't appear yet able to feed himself much less a wife and two children. I like Daniel but struggling with him as a 20 something naive dreamer but I absolutely love Maite and why I'm glued to the set.
 

Right on, tofie! Virginia seems to get it more than Pablo does! I hope her absence is not a long one. She seems to be the one with sense... which is why I fear she won't be around much.

I wish they could have written it in such a way that Pablo could be older and not in his 20s. Am I the only one seeing gray in his hair?

Thinking more I realize that the kid playing young Pablo came off as more mature and proactive. Lol
 

Young Pan did, however, because he was young I gave him more wiggle room but I get coming out of childhood somewhat an emasculated young man because of Lorenza.

Naw, it looks like grey to me.

Once we ff Daniel should look more age appropriate and guess he will have some success and art world accolades.

I'm looking forward to Esmeralda once she completes her metamorphosis.
 

Yeah, I definitely think the age thing won't matter to me when Pablo is in a real job. 35 year old Daniel is not cutting it in the student role. If we could get him out of the sneakers and into some grown up clothes I would be happier.

I cannot wait for them to tame Maite's hair. Really the whole family (Fela, Fernando and Esme) needs a makeover.
 

Mat..Wow..Carmina Burana . I wish that I could gave been there.

Sara..As for the gray in Pablow pants locks...oerhaps he is prematurely gray. when I met Hub, he was 16 and had black hair with a little white streak in the front. Then, I met his mother who was only about 45 and completely white..likewise his maternal Abuelo. I guess Hub was completely white by age 40 or so. On the other hand, my dad had dark brown hair at 80. So let's go with Pablow Pan being prematurely gray.

The last time I saw The Quiet Man Fernando, he was a mafia boss in LT. He was a bad guy in Alborada, too. He played the leading lady's evil stepdad, but not in a Estebonbon kind of way...just nasty evil.
 

Mat ????...Kat...I am sleepy.
 

Those babies are so sweet, and I loved Maite with the braids holding and adoring them. Maite makes the character of Esme very believable. I am glad that they did not have a pair of six month old babies playing these newborns.
 

I'm sure it's premature gray. It's sexy to me. I would rather have him natural anyway.

I seem to remember that we noticed some streaks in Livia Brito, too. And I'm sure when hair is really dark it just stands out more.
 

Those babies were adorabables! I over that little Leti has tons of hair like her mama. And Maite seemed very comfortable and maternal with them.

I hope they aren't in the dump long.

Oh and I want to see Fela's reaction to the babies.
 

Um. I love not I over. Dumb tablet.
 

How much would Pablo's palatial apartment cost in New York City dollars? It is humongous! And very expensiverly furnished. Funny that he has open paint cans sitting on that gorgeous hardwood floor. As a former art student I am giggling a little about the whole thing.

Mr 5ft: I, too hope Principe has some worthy plot developments in his future. Here's one: he saves the babies from being nibbled by rats at Dona Rita's abode.
:)
J in Oregon
 

Hi, Sara,

Thanks for this great recap. you really made it come alive.

I too was excited about Fernando breathing free air again, and his alliance with Damian.

Esme sure seems to be heading out of the motherhood gate with all cylinders firing. Sounds like if she can remain well nourished, she won't have to buy formula for the twins.

I am confused about how Pablo's parents could, without notifying either Pablo or Esme, obtain an annulment. There are specific criteria for obtaining an annulment, and these need to be met. (Okay, this is a tn, there is corruption involved, etc.)

Hey, Sara, please feel free to give away as many anvils as you wish. I am in complete agreement with gringo on that.

I am enjoying the mental anguish that Uhgie is experiencing. Hope his anxiety/angina attacks happen often.

I was disappointed that Jarocha's jab at Lorenza didn't result in at least a chipped tooth or (the best result) a broken jaw. I would like to see her jaw wired shut for the rest of the episodes.

Virginia and Monica are still mysteries as to how they will develop and react. I think Monica will go slightly bed, then repent and back off. She seems like a pretty nice girl were she not involved with this malignant family. I see Virginia as the unseeing and unwavering "seer" of good and compassion.

So Sara, you used the word "pissed." See, that wasn't so bad, was it?

David
 

Oh, and speaking of changes in hair color, I used to have dark hair, but now I am a platinum blonde.

David
 

Thanks for not firing me, David!

I like your read on Monica. She's a little spoiled and wants what she wants, but I can't see her being as manipulative and as vile as Lorenza.
 

PS I'm assuming Ughie is going to grease some palms to get that annulment because like you, I would think the parties desiring the annulment would need to be present to have it granted.
 

5ft Diva---Sounds like a great concert evening. I would have liked to have been there. I have been to the LA symphony and Master Choral on several occasions

Sara---I'm still smiling over whoever wants Esme had better be Principe approved.

Cynthia was very bad but her acting was golden. Susana Gonzalez
is fab.

You love Maite to much to desert her---Try her music. I have everyone of her cd's/dvd's that I can get my hands on. Beautiful voice and style.

I too noticed Pablo's grey hairs
Friday night. I thought that maybe it was a fancy hair salon job but wasn't sure.

What is the Pan in Pablo Pan? Peter Pan Mexican style?

Tame Maite's hair?---I like it anyway they want to do it. I will even take the Heidi braids, although reluctantly.

J in Oregon---Paint on a beautiful hardwood floor, not good
Oh well if it gets damaged, daddy can have it replaced.

David---That's it! LOL Wire Lorenza's jaw shut.

I woke up this morning and on the radio was a researcher talking about his book on Beatle history,
their concerts, life together etc.
All the time he was talking about interesting Beatle information I was thinking---Will Esme be able to find a new job? If she does, who will take care of her babies?
Jarocha? Will Pablo and Esme's separation be a long one? I think so. Will Monica now take over Pablo's life? Yes it' my fear. Will Pablo miss his babies young life growing up? Will Pablo and Esme be apart until the final two or three episodes? I hope not.

When will the revenge start? This is only the end of week three, we have a long way to go.

These were some of my thoughts this morning.
the gringo





 

I have some Maite on my iPod, gringo! ;-)
 

Sara - Fab recap. Thanks for all the details.

I hope the white and black cats keep coming back to torture Lorenza for the rest of the TN.

I like the idea of Silencioso helping Gata just on general principle, even before he finds out her identity.

Why Pablo thinks he has to fall in love with Monica is beyond me. If he's broken-hearted over Gata, why not just stay single, uh, separated and alone?
 

I suspect that Pablo Pan is one of those boys that always needs a Güendy. He may not consciously know that, but he does. And it makes sense considering how controlling Lorenza is.
 

Niecie in MD, I think your linear reasoning about Pablo's relationship status is compelling, and follows what we all would hope for for a galan.

But Sara's insight that Pablo needs a Wendy I think is inspired. I just finished watching a 7 part series about the Roosevelts, and Franklin, whose mother Sara was a very controlling woman like Lorenza may have set the stage for Franklin's dysfunctional marriage to his fiercely independent wife Eleanor, and Franklin's need for a series of interactions with fawning female admirers from Lucy Mercer (with whom he had a physical relationship) to several secretaries and a female cousin, all of whom doted on him in a way that Eleanor would not.

David
 

And Esmeralda is so independent that I can see her being the perfect guy for Pablo Pan.
 

I like the idea of an Anvils R Us . In Pasion, Sebastian Rulli played the town Herarro ...blacksmith. The name for Smith is popular in all languages.because is a necessary and important occupation. ..Ferraro (Italian) ...Haddad (Arabic) . We are lucky to have gringo Herraro and David Herraro forging the many anvils that we will need to dole out to the wicked and the warped at the end of this novela.
 

J in Oregon---Principe as a hero saving Esmeralda's babies from the garbage dump rats would be fabulous, a high point in the novela.

Sara and David---Great insight as to why Pablo needs a woman around
because of the controlling mother he has in his life.

Will Monica get closer to her prize catch, handsome Pablo tonight? Must see tv.
the gringo
 

Susanlynn---Don't forget Sara, she's helping David and myself out on the anvil assembly line.

I've been thinking about the idea of painting names and possibly faces that match the names on the anvils. It's just an idea but if David and I give it the go sign,
we would need someone that can draw and is good with a painting names. Personalized anvils, What do you Gata team members think?
the gringo

 

I love the idea! Maybe we should put a list of their crimes too.
 

Oh yes,Sara is a vital part ofThe anvil processing. Perhaps she should be heading the R and D department.

I like the idea of personalized, customized anvils..very creative and forward thinking. Maybe you could put a bigazz necklace on Lowrentza's.
 

I love the personalized anvil idea!

How about we also get some T-shirts that say "I anviled (whoever)," and for the physics buffs we could have one style that says "My anvil hit Lorenza with a force of 3000 (kilogram)(meters per second)^2".

David
 

Best T-shirt idea ever David
the gringo
 

I love the physics shirts! (Even though I'm no good at physics.)
 

Wow...I am wiped! That last concert yesterday took a lot out of me. The good news all around is that I don't have a rehearsal tonight, so I can knock out a recap early, but I'm also still really tired, so I'll probably be extra-snarky. I know you love it when I'm extra-snarky.

J, I like your idea! Hero cat Principe!

gringo, your questions about Esme working and who will take care of the babies put me in mind of the history of telenovelas as long-format PSAs. I wonder if, rather than have her be rescued by Fernando, they're trying to use this as an opportunity to show different ways for single working mothers to deal with childcare issues. They've already shown Esme in a night class for primary school with other adults, which seemed like it was a very intentional plug for "It's never too late to get an education."

Lists of crimes! Yes! Fabulous idea! And the t-shirts as well!
 

Kat...if this is going to be a PSA about childcare and single working mothers, I could be a consultant. Maybe we could have an episode entitled Abuelo and Abuela Visit Pumpkin Patch.

I like the teeshirt idea , David. Maybe we do a couple with the words " I Made A Lot of Anvils for Evildoers and All I Got Was This Lousy Tshirt" Or how about "keep Calm and Carry...an Anvil." I would also like one that looks as though I am wearing one of Lowrentza's stylish blouses and a bigazz necklace.
 

Hey FYI for those who did not know this: Uni started showing Quiero Amarte w/Christian de la Fuente and Karyme Lozano. I stumbled across it at 3pm, the premiere is today.
 

My DVR is all set up to record QA!

Susanlynn- I love Keep Calm and Carry... An anvil!

Kat- I love your snark and wish I could snark as well as you do!
 

Can mine say Speak Softly but Carry a Big Anvil? Think we can get that on something with spaghetti straps? I'm a bit concerned about lifting the darn thing, perhaps some big ole boys can help me drag it to an advantageous perch and there I'll await my quarry.
 

Keep Calm and Carry an Anvil will be a best seller. I'm sure of it.
the gringo
 

Don't worry we'll help you Tofie.
the gringo
 

Don't worry we'll help you Tofie.
the gringo
 

How expensive are crane rentals?
 

Maybe I need a teeshirt with this motto...."Keep calm and carry .a cocktail..and an anvil ". That one kind of says it all and covers so many occasions,
 

Hi Sara,

It's so nice to talk to you again, and I'll make sure to try and comment more.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make sure to check them out.

I hope you keep on enjoying the novela, and that you make it to the end.

You don't know how disappointed I am, that it went downhill for me. I had really looked forward to this one.

From reading the comments, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that feels that Esmeralda is too good for Pablo. I really don't like Pablo Pan, as everyone seems to be calling him here.

And also, I really enjoyed the young man that portrayed Pablo in the beginning rather than Arenas' portrayal. Young Pablo seemed more in love with Esmeralda than Present Day Pablo.

Both young actors, also seemed to have good chemistry, too.

GS


 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder