Thursday, September 18, 2014

La Malquerida #18: 9/17/14: The Vows Were Paused, Were They Restarted? Enquiring Minds Want to Know!

Hola Amiguis! I was laying on my chaise, taking notes and got to the part where the wedding photos are being taken, and the shame of it is I fell asleep. I am so sorry amiguis! If one of Y'all would fill in what I missed I will add it to the recap. Lo siento, and I will make sure to stay awake for tonight's episode. Here is an earworm.I've Got My Mind Set On You

Shall we begin?

Everyone is gathered at the Church. Cris arrives on the arm of Juan Carlos. Este isn't there yet.

German and Ale arrive and German introduces her to the priest, as his novia, and oh, noes, this is the same priest she asked for Santuary, and both are quite surprised. He won't say anything.

Perls and Swine, and unfortunately Swine is now awake. Perls tells him to close his eyes and when he looks he has a cow. Perls is in a red dress with fake Perls and she looks way tacky. Oh, the horror. Perls thought she looked fab and now she is a bit peeved. Swine makes her look in the mirror to get a look at herself and she cries and goes.

Cris is very worried about Este not being there, because he could have had an accident on the way to the wedding. Este finally comes and they smile at each other.

Juan Carlos walks Cris up the aisle. Carmen and Andres have also arrived and gone into the Church. The ceremony begins , the priest starts the vows and Este is staring at Acacia. When the priest asks Este does he take this woman to be his wife, not. a. word! The priest has to repeat himself and Cris tries to get his attention. Everyone just stares at him and he finally comes to himself and he acceptos! Wew, for a moment there it was getting mighty tense. They are pronounced man and wife, besos and go out of the Church. They are gentley pelted with flower petals and everyone calls for besos. Acacia has one strange look on her face.




Now it's time for photos and that's all I saw. 


Here is the rest of the recap, provided by our Vivi:



Inside the Church:
-Andres catches sight of Julie walking up the aisle with Norbie, and it’s like he’s seen a ghost.
-Este stares at Acacia a little too long while she and Uli put the lasso on him and Cris. He gets so entranced by Acacia’s fetching décolletage across the church pews, that he forgets he’s in the middle of his vows and needs to say I do. He recovers enough to say “I Do” and say some lovely vows. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. Kisses. Flower petals. Pics in front of the church.

In front of the church (before and after the ceremony):
-The priest, who lacked in bedside manner when he first met escaped sex slave Ale who begged for sanctuary with the nuns, now tells her he won’t spill her secret. BUT she should tell German. He mentions that Ale had wanted to become a nun, just as German returns, who says he’s happy she didn’t choose that vocation. German also earlier asks Ale if she would like this kind of wedding. All of this makes Ale uncomfortable.
-Andres, still pallid from seeing his long lost love Julie, asks Carmen if they can skip the pictures and go straight to the reception site.

The Reception:
-Arturo has done a beautiful job setting up the reception. He hands the mic to Cris who makes a lovely speech about having Este and Acacia with her. Everyone is happy. The couple beams. Acacia says some lovely words about the couple, and welcomes them to dance their first dance to a song she’s selected- an instrumental version of the theme song.
-The usual first dance switching of partners happens. Cris dances with her dad. Este dances with Rosa. Acacia dances with Uli, and Este looks over wistfully at them. Cris sees, and innocently has Acacia dance with Este, while she dances with Uli. Long, tense glances between Este and Acacia. He first avoids touching her back directly, then gives in and closes his eyes, as he holds her close. Acacia holds back longer, but also seems to give in to the moment a bit.
-The party goes into full swing. Everyone is dancing and having a good time. We see all our main couples on the dance floor, happy: Ale and German; Cris and Este; Acacia and Uli; Cris’ parents; Andres and Carmen.

The Tensions:
-Not all our couples are happy. Julie and Norbie (who is getting good and drunk) continue to bicker. She keeps staring at Andres, happy with Carmen on the dance floor. She decides to go home to moon over a photo of Andres and cry. From a flashback, we learn she is the one who broke up with Andres and led him to believe that she didn’t love him. Norbie continues to drink and hit on young women.
-Andres comes clean with Carmen and tells her the once love of his life is at the wedding. She gives him the option to back out of their relationship. He says no way. He’s in it for the long-run with her. Smoochies.
-The grandparents comment that Acacia and Uli might be walking down the aisle soon. They smooch. Este fumes.
-Luisa wants Manuel. Manuel wants Acacia. Rubio wants Luisa. Luisa wants Rubio to disappear. Arturo wants Luisa. Luisa thinks Arturo is invisible. This plays out throughout the episode, and this is how:
-Luisa begs Manuel to dance. Instead he flirts with her culinary school friends, stares at Acacia, and drags Luisa roughly to the dance floor briefly, when he thinks he has a chance to get close to Acacia. He and Norbie stare daggers at Uli, and Norbie makes some menacing comments under his whiskey breath about getting rid of Uli. Yikes! Manuel gets drunk.
-Acacia catches the bouquet. Manuel becomes determined to catch the garter, so much so that he slams into Uli during the garter toss, knocking him to the ground where he hits his head and falls unconscious. Arturo goes after Manuel for injuring his brother. When he comes to, Dr. Andres and Arturo take Uli inside the house. Everyone stares daggers at Manuel, including Acacia. He feigns regret, then goes out to his car to drink some more.
-Rubio asks Luisa to dance, pointing out that he hasn’t touched a drop of alcohol. When she continues to reject him, he gets drunk. Memo suggests that he come into the dirty biz with him and his new boss to make lots of money and impress Luisa. Rubio is open to the idea. Memo promises to introduce him to Danilo.
-Seeing Luisa all alone, getting lost in the music, Arturo asks her to dance. She concedes for a few lovely moments, then runs off as soon as she sees drunk Manuel (just kicked out of the house for injuring Uli) throwing back tequila in front of his car. She takes the bottle from him, and begs him not to drive. Angry at Acacia, feeling sorry for himself, and drunk, Manuel decides to love the one he’s with, and kisses Luisa passionately!



The Danger:
-Now with less makeup, less big hair, and less bling, Perla emerges in a strapless pink dress that meets Danilo’s approval. Unfortunately, Johnny arrives right before they leave with bad news. There is some sort of fungus attacking the plants, and they need to take drastic action or they might lose the whole crop! Dan and Perla make a detour to the fields to take a look before arriving REALLY late to the reception.
-Ale is just coming back from the bathroom when she spots Dan and Perla near the entrance. She LOSES it. She becomes like a lone deer facing down a Mac truck on a dark highway at midnight. Perla catches sight of her and goes towards her. Ale is a mess of tears and panic. Perlas assures her she did not tell Dan and they are not here looking for her. Ale begs her to get Dan out of there. Perla returns to Dan and feigns massive stomach pains, saying she needs to return home. Panicked Ale watches from around the corner. They are interrupted by Norbie, who wants to know what the hell they are doing there. He demands that they leave because he doesn’t want them anywhere near his wife and kids! Dan argues a bit, but Perla is supportive of leaving too. Finally they leave, and Ale escaped being seen by Danilo one more time. How long until her luck runs out.
-Getting worried that she’s been in the bathroom so long, German sends Luisa in after her. Ale is having a panic attack in front of the mirror, but tells Luisa she just has a really bad headache. German takes Ale home, puts her in bed, takes of her shoes (aww!), and drapes his jacket over her. He’s sure it’s probably a migraine. He watches over her as she first cries quietly and then falls asleep. She starts thrashing in her sleep and yelling out at someone not to touch her. German tries to wake her, but she is still in the middle of her nightmare/memory and lashes out, pushing German to the ground. When she finally becomes lucid, he holds her tightly with a look of great concern on his face, as she cries. I think he might be realizing that there is some real darkness in Ale’s past.

Happy Ending?:
-Este and Cris get ready to go to the airport and off on their honeymoon!

Avances:
-Este can’t get Acacia out of his head and can’t seem to..perform on his honeymoon.

Labels:


Comments:
Good Morning Y'all:

I'm so sorry for the shortened recap.
 

Oh no! So sorry you missed the episode Mads. It was intense. But it's no surprise you fell asleep, being sick and doing recaps every night! Get some rest. Thank you for the first part and the pic of Cris and Este. I will write up some points from memory now, if no one comes into my office to interrupt. :)
 

There you have it. Sorry it took a while. Folks kept coming into my office to talk. How dare work get in the way! :)
 

Vivi, Este seems to have the hot's for his wife's daughter.


 

Vivi:

Thank you so much for the rest of this recap. I have added it to the rest of the recap. You are a living doll for providing it and oh m cheese I missed so much. Thank you amiga and especially during your busy workday!
 

You're welcome, Mads! It was a good episode, and it looks like it was uncut too. I hope you get to watch it eventually.

I think you posted the third part twice, so just erase the duplicate. Sorry for any typos.
 

Vivi:

I fixed it!

I will have to find it. Manuel is one piece of work. The apple sure didn't fall far from the tree there. Poor Uli and especially poor Luisa. I wish she'd go for Arturo, what a nice guy.

Seems Memo and Rubio are alike.

I bet Jules had a cow when she saw Andres and I'm loving that Andres is sticking with Carmen.

And on noes, Este not peforming on the honeymoon! So not good.

Now I can't wait for tonight!
 

Thank you to our wonderful dynamic due for bringing this to life for us in all its splendid and sordid details.

Madelaine, loved the title and the screen shot. As you so noted, I believe we all were a bit worried "Everyone just stares at him and he finally comes to himself and he acceptos! Wew, for a moment there it was getting mighty tense". It certainly was! The priest remembering Ale also made me hold my breath - even though I was confident he would not reveal her secret.

You started things off in fine style.

Thank you for all that you do - I hope you got a little sleep. Well deserved...

Vivi, I kept wondering - was Cris the only happily blissfully unaware person at the reception? Everyone else seemed to be in torment (Esteban, Jules, Andres, Manuel, Luisa, Norberto, Perls), or "off" - Acacia and Arturo. Differing emotions, but not the happy wedding participants we'd expected.

"The tensions" and "the danger" captured everything so well! I was sick for Ale, the actresses' torment was all too real. Yes, German must surely realize Ale is the victim of abuse. How much more can she stand?

Manuel plummeted in my opinion last night. Pushing Ulises and most of all, taking advantage of Luisa was despicable. Can anyone tell me what Arturo said when Luisa left him to run after Manuel?

Andres looked shaken to the core. I want to believe him when he professed his feelings to Carmen, but I wouldn't place any bets on that.

Madelaine and Vivi, thank you both for another marvelous recap. So grateful to both of you.

Diana
 

Diana- I wish I could remember what Arturo said to himself wistfully, when Luisa ran off to Manuel. He's such a cutie and so nice. Luisa was rather silly to leave his arms, to go beg for crumbs of affection from Manuel instead.
 

Madelaine – I’m glad you got some sleep, even though you didn’t intend it. Rest up. Thanks for reminding me about the priest. I’d forgotten all about Ale asking him for shelter as a nun. And now he’s telling her to tell all to German. Padre, how about getting her into counseling.

Vivi – Thanks for jumping in to team with Madelaine. Great detailing. My favorite: She becomes like a lone deer facing down a Mac truck on a dark highway at midnight.

Poor Ale. I hope German did figure out that she's been abused, with that "don't touch me!" I

I want to believe him [Andres] when he professed his feelings to Carmen, but I wouldn't place any bets on that.

Diana, Andres seem bowled over to see Juliana. Carmen seems nice, but last night I found her annoying. Clingy, giving him a peck in front of Juliana, whom she hadn't even met yet, and later trying to hand-feed him a cracker. But maybe it’s cultural thing I wouldn't understand. I can see Andres looking up Juliana to tie up loose ends since she dumped him without much explanation.

I don’t remember exactly what Arturo said either when Luisa (rudely, in my opinion) left him on the dance floor, but it was something about being smitten with her.

On fashions, I loved Cris’s gown, the back more than the front, and her hair was great. I liked Juliana’s dress too. Ale’s simple dress with the cleavage was nice. For someone hesitant to go all the way with Ulises, Acacia sure showed him a lot of skin in front and back. The rest weren’t memorable.
 

I think we are all in agreement that Arturo is the preferred partner for Luisa.

She is in love with the person she perceives Manuel to be. Her ideal is a far cry from the drunken bully we saw last night. How sad that she is so desperate for his affection that she would go to him when he is obviously inebriated and is clearly using her. vivi, her misguided feelings for Manuel are blinding her to a real chance at love with Arturo (who is a sweetheart). I'm afraid she is in for a rude awakening.

Niecie, do you think Jules left Andres because she thought Norberto was wealthier and of higher social status? What a mistake...

I just want to add a note to anyone who might be reading but not commenting. If you are out there, please post a comment. I know it's not easy at first, but we are a welcoming group. Madelaine and Vivi are working so hard to recap this, it would be nice to know that others are appreciating them just as much as we are.

Diana
 

And I don't want to leave out our wonderful Gloria as well!

Diana
 

Thanks so much Mads and Vivi!
Arturo mumbled he enjoyed dancing with Luisa, possibly "I enjoyed dancing with you TOO" slightly sarcastically.
 

Diana and Vivi: When Luisa left Arturo to run after Manuel she said something like, "thank you for the dance, I enjoyed it," but she was very off-hand about how she said it. Then he watched her leave as he said softly but with much deeper meaning, "I, too, enjoyed dancing with you."

Naima
 

Thanks so much, Mads. I hope that you got some rest and that you are feeling better.

Vivi...It was so kind of you to step up and give us the rest of the story. I watched my recording of this episode while I ate breakfast, and I was amazed at how much happened.

Whoever is responsible for choosing Chris's wardrobe is doing a spectacular job. Her clothes are always beautiful, tasteful, and elegant. I loved her wedding gown and her headpiece. Her hairstyle was lovely. My wedding gown had tight, sheer sleeves but without the cuffs that Chris's sleeves had. She looked gorgeous. I like the color of the gowns of the three young girls. I agree that Acacia's gown was a bit too low cut in both the front and the back for a wedding attendant.

I do not feel sorry for Luisa . She seems obsessed with Manuel who is just going to use her. I guess that She has had a crush on him since they were childhood friends. She seems to be kind of ungrateful and grasping to me. I would rather see sweet Arturo end up with somebody else , gbut he and Luisa willprobably end up as novios in the end and own a catering business together.
 

Naima- Thanks! Now I remember.

Anon 2:08- I think it was as Naima described it. I didn't get a sarcastic vibe from Art when he said it.

Thank you both for commenting! And thank you Diana for encouraging lurkers to comment. Mads and Gloria are doing an extraordinary job recapping this show by themselves. It's especially in a case when there are few recappers on an under-appreciated show, when the recappers need more love to keep them going. See the sidebar on the main page about the "care and feeding" of the recapper.
 

Naima, thank you kindly!

Anon, while I thank you for your comment as well, it did seem as though Arturo's comment was spoken softly and sweetly so I think/hope it was meant wistfully.

Diana
 

Another great recap Mads. Thank you.
Slightly off topic here: I can't help but wonder how much money Televisa has spent over the years to make Vicki Ruffo impeccably gorgeous. At age 52, she's pretty stunning.
 

Hi La Malquerida group. I'm not lurking, just late.

Madelaine---Don't feel bad, you've
gone above and beyond and besides
this novela is on during the late hour. I have to fight to stay awake several times myself, sometimes cold water on my face helps.

Vivi---Just tell the people at work that you are on a novela break, they'll understand.

Thanks Madelaine and Vivi, you guys are terrific.

Yes Luisa had a good guy on the dance floor but Manuel was in her mind. Don't know why she is so crazy over him---looks? It sure couldn't be anything else.

One thing that bothered me was, didn't Memo show interest in Luisa? I hope I got that wrong. Memo is nothing more than a young
low life willing to go over to the dark side for money and only money. He would help to ruin lives all for big rewards up front
I can't stand this guy. Manuel is a spoiled and lazy guy but the dark side? I don't think that he would go there. Anyway, I hope that Luisa can get her head on straight soon. She sure didn't enjoy that dance, she should have.

Alejandra---I know it's a movie but she was killing me last night.
The pain she is feeling. I hope,
hope, hope she can overcome it. What a great couple. Don't loose him Ale.
The gringo


 

Mad. Vivi and Gloria, your recaps are super good and I look so forward to them.

I don't comment very often because if want to comment a few people have already written and far better than I ever could. But I do criticize a lot☺.

I'm going to now. To me Luisa is a brat and Arturo is too nice for her.

Victoria Ruffo is very beautiful but I was disappointed in her wedding dress. The gown at the top I thought was cut too matronly and that band in the back reminded me too much like a bra. Her headpiece and veil was exquisite and the bouquet beautiful.

I shudder whenever I see Este go into his creepy look when he sees Acacia, especially in her itsy bitsy bathing suit.

Thanks againladies for all your wonderful recaps. I look so forward to them.

Ann-NYC
uffeboa and
 

Dona Gringuita and Ann-NYC- Long time no see, ladies! Thanks for commenting

Dona Gringuita- What I like about VR's looks is that she looks totally natural-- body and all. Unlike many of her counterparts who have heavily botoxed or pulled faces, fake boobs, and lipo, VR looks like she aged naturally. I like it.

Ann-NYC- Yes, Luisa is a brat. But I think she'll come back from the edge after learning her lesson the hard way.

Gringo- I think Memo is interested in anything that wears a skirt. Remember how he eyed up Alejandra at the Association office, and even mentioned her to Danilo (not by name). And he's been all over Perla. He is one slimey dude...with beautiful eyes (what a waste).

Alejandra was breaking my heart too. Unfortunately, I think it will be a long time before she tells German or the police what's happened to her.
 

Yeah celebrating vow renewal ceremony is very great experience and best way to show that how much you love each other. It is best way these days to show your love in front of your loved one. I love such occasions and love to celebrate them.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder